Speaker 1: Come on Thursday, pickup time, Happy afternoon, Happy Thursday, Happy almost Friday.
Speaker 2: Headed the chemist ware house today, great savings every day.
Speaker 3: Say that again, Britt, you're gonna pay me up in visil line, Guys, I got a visile line.
Speaker 1: It's not a big What did you get to get? Let me be I actually speak fine. I got in visy line. You do when you really enunciate? When you annunciated.
Speaker 2: It's enunciate. You sound like you're doing one of those like annunciation classes. You've gone to etiquette school.
Speaker 4: Don't come at me because I speak better than you.
Speaker 2: Okay, say it, that's spray.
Speaker 5: Delilah.
Speaker 3: My dogs ate my buzzeline and my teeth started to move back, and then I had to get some more in basineline.
Speaker 4: And here we are. Guys, you're gonna have to bear with my apologies if.
Speaker 2: The show is a bit flippery today.
Speaker 4: I don't even have a list.
Speaker 2: Okay, Today on the show, a woman who had took time off work because she faked her pregnancy.
Speaker 1: Wow. Now, there's also been some very interesting laws that have just been passed in France. This is around sharinging, so sharing your kids on Instagram and on social media sharing them in what way? Well, I mean not sharing them around, just putting pictures up if your kids on social media posting. There's been a whole lot of laws that have come out in France and this is something that might make any parents who've been sharing photos of their children think twice.
Speaker 4: Not sharing much except my listing.
Speaker 2: Of car all right around the Thralier left. Do it this if the big it's a pickup Britt, Laura and Midge Thursday afternoon here at kiss Or thanks to Chemists Warehouse, black More's executive be Stressed Formulas two fifties available now at chemist Warehouse with just forty seven ninety nine. Always read the label and follow the directions for you. So let's got the party for us.
Speaker 3: We are going to France today, but not for what you think. They're bringing in some potential laws around sharenting, which is parents sharing photos of their children on websites, Instagram, YouTube, basically anything that's a free for all for anyone. They're saying that privacy of children should be more important. This needs to be regulated. This will, though very largely affect influences or I guess they call the mummy bloggers. This will affect a huge part of their income if they're not allowed to be posting their children. So it's opened up this whole conversation about what is appropriate to share of your child online. Are you allowed to make money from your child online?
Speaker 1: The reason why I struggle with this obviously, are you very transparent? Like I share photos of my kids online not because I'm making money off them, but because they're such a huge part of my life that like, I share my life online and I often share photos of my kids. But I think the reason why I sit in two camps about this conversation is because there's a huge scale. There's a massive difference between mums who have created YouTube channels where the main stars are children, and those children are making an income, but the money's going to the parents. Yeah, A lot of the articles I've read on this makes it feel like anyone who's putting photos of their children online is exploiting their children, And I think that that's just too much of a simple way of looking at this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I think the core of this is the rise of the social media child and famous kids. Because there's over thirteen million subscribers on this one kid the Labrands, they're massive in the US and people are saying, yeah, the parents are the ones profiting. They get millions of dollars from exploiting their children at what expense.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but there's something to be said.
Speaker 3: So just over on knows the labrands what they capitalize on the way they make their money. They're not like putting their kids out on a farm and making them work all day for unpaid labor. They're unpacking toys and playing with toys. That is the way, and people pay to watch that.
Speaker 4: There's got to.
Speaker 3: Be something to where you realize that. I think it's okay if the kids are benefiting. Are the kids getting this money that they're earning put back into a bank account? Where does the money go? But at the end of the day, if it's not overly exploiting the child, that child is going to have an overall better life if their parents have more money. I don't think you can argue that point for me.
Speaker 1: The reason why this is such a tricky one to kind of unpack is because the problem with influencing and the problem with using kids in social media to make money. There's a lot of issues with it, but the biggest one is that it is so largely unregulated. Like if you have a child that appears in a bond's ad on TV, or they appear in some sort of advertising in print, there's so many rules. When you get to that actual shoot day, kids can only be on set for X amount of time, you have to have a nurse on site. There's so many rules around using children in advertising. But because with influencing, it's happening on a platform with parents, there are no regulations. We don't know how long parents are making their kids do this sort of work for and then are they exploiting it or does the child want to be involved. I think ultimately it is a very good thing to bring in legislation around this.
Speaker 3: I think everyone should have the right to share their child if they want to, but do so with discretion. Because in the darker side of things, the police found that on inappropriate websites on the Internet, half of those photos on those websites were just taken from innocent posting on people's.
Speaker 2: Instrument family album, family album.
Speaker 3: So it is just something that you do have to be aware of. I think it's your child, You're entitled to post pictures of them who want, but keep that in mind. Keep that in mind of where they could possibly end up.
Speaker 2: Totally Hey, next on the pickup, Imagine celebrating with a coworker who told you that she was pregnant and she's taking time off. Yeah, it's great, right, And she's pregnant and she's going to go off and have her baby and you'll see her.
Speaker 1: In a year having some maternitally totally paid lovely maternityly and you realize that she was lying about it the whole time.
Speaker 2: That's a real story that has actually happened, and the detail it's going to blow you away. So I can't. And it's not someone we work with. It's not a duty out there in the Kiss final. It's next to the pickup. It's the pickup. Thursday afternoon on Kiss with Britt, Laura and Mitch. Where here headed to the chemists warehouse today? Great savings every day, ladies. This is I think the funniest headline I've ever read in my entire life.
Speaker 4: That's a big carmage.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, this is true. It's so funny. A woman in Georgia, in the United States has just been charged with faking her pregnancy to get time off work like sickly Hi maternityly, she said she was pregnant, took time off, and then the coworkers started to get suspicious that it wasn't potentially real. They caught her out and she's being charged.
Speaker 4: Wait, how did she get caught out?
Speaker 1: I mean, was it because there was no baby?
Speaker 4: Because the belly was the fake pillow that was stuffed up the belly.
Speaker 2: Robin's colleagues became suspicious when they noticed her bump was a skew getting up from her desk at work, and then when she sent them inconsistent photos of different children when they asked to see the image of the newborn baby.
Speaker 1: Wait, what do you mean inconsistent? No, because newborn babies could just look weird. They always look a bit different. Well, you know, you take a photo one day their face is a bit squished, then the other day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good corn. Apparently she said pictures to her staff in a group chat, and the images of the children were inconsistent because they depicted children with varying skin tones.
Speaker 4: Oh, I mean, if you got a lie, just pick one child.
Speaker 6: Race.
Speaker 2: But she went to Google images said new baby went.
Speaker 4: To the Bahamas with a family on a holiday. Got ten.
Speaker 2: No, the thing is a coworker observed the lower portion of her stomach come away from her body and they saw double side of tape sat down to her abdomen.
Speaker 6: Blue.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I Okay, if you're faking a pregnancy and you're wearing a prosthetic belly, surely you're wearing Maxi dresses and stuff like. She's not rocking up in a mid drift where you can see some double sided tainer.
Speaker 3: Buy the proper prosthetic. You can bind them. Buy a bump prosthetic. Don't put a pillow up there.
Speaker 4: That's all awkward and goes off to the side.
Speaker 2: Hollywood and get it VFX.
Speaker 4: I guarantee you be able to get one online.
Speaker 2: Guarranet Laura, she got lazy because this isn't the first time she's done it. No, this is no second fake pregnancy that she has had. That's why they thought it was we're the second time around. Also because she announced she was pregnant at the end in November of twenty twenty and then had the baby in May of twenty twenty one, so the gestation period was format.
Speaker 3: That is such a such a commitment to the lie, like it's a forever lie. It's not nine months, because then you've got to pretend you've got kids for the rest of your life.
Speaker 1: What do you do with the lack of baby, Like, how do you do? You just continue to send fake photos or she.
Speaker 4: Will get eighteenth birthday.
Speaker 1: Surely, if you're gonna do this lie, you've got to commit. You've got to hone in onor like maybe it's your friend's kid and you just start sending photos.
Speaker 4: It's got to be consistent. Absolutely. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well she got seven weeks paid leave off and then she got found out and I've got a photo of the baby on the screen. This is a fake baby bump that she showed her coworkers.
Speaker 4: It's so ridiculous.
Speaker 2: So we've got up some fake baby bumps that you can buy online. They're actually quite legit.
Speaker 1: Some of them look more realistic than others. I like the fleshy looking one. I'm not so sure about the black one.
Speaker 2: You can get one that's just a Lily Dale chicken breast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but this one here, that colored one is just it looks like a bra insert. It looks like one of my push up bras.
Speaker 4: What is the punishment? What do you get charged for?
Speaker 2: Okay, seeah, you can't charge someone for wearing a chicken feel it and saying it's a baby that doesn't hold up in a corner.
Speaker 4: Not in Australia.
Speaker 2: No, she was charged for identity fraud because she made up a fake partner as well. She's not actually in a relationship.
Speaker 1: Wait, so she came off. She only got her own maternity leave. But she but like, what is having a partner? Does she get extra money for the partner or something?
Speaker 3: No, hang on, it says here because I've got this sheet, and says here that the fraud was because her fake partner emailed saying that doctors had ordered her mandated several weeks of rest following the delivery. So she's pretending to be like doctor's orders of a partner.
Speaker 4: So it's like there's multiple people here. She impersonated.
Speaker 2: She made up her partner, and the name for the partner they should have been a dead giveway on the email was brand Ottom when Bember Bay. I'm not joking. She could have just said Sam Johnson, but no, she went Brand Optember Bember If she lent on the keyboard.
Speaker 1: And send it off and then she's like, yeah, they'll do it and then she said, guys, baby ill pember, but tender ways here rhyme.
Speaker 2: It's so stupid. All right, next time the pickup, Laura, something's going on socials. You've done something on social media that this involves you. It involves you.
Speaker 1: I did the dumbest thing I've ever done in my entire life in a blind rage, and it involves you.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't know what this is about. That's next to the pickup thurs Day on Kids. It's the pickup Britt, Laura and mid Thanks to chemist Warehouse, get Blackmore's executive bat Stress Formula's two fifties, available now at Chemists Warehouse for just forty seven ninety nine. Always read the label and follow the directions for use.
Speaker 1: Now this is a story that mixed.
Speaker 2: Sure you have something to do with I'm worried about this because you've been talking about it all show and I don't know what it is you're going to bring up with me.
Speaker 1: Do you remember when I was I was ranting about somebody on social media? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I do remember that.
Speaker 4: It was you're in a wild range?
Speaker 2: Is a public figure that you were ranting about?
Speaker 4: I was not Okay. Now I've made it sound worse than what it is.
Speaker 1: God, I was talking about someone who I don't have the best relationship with.
Speaker 2: Yeah, an Australian media personality.
Speaker 4: Okay, give more clues, jury.
Speaker 1: I was telling you the backstory, and at that time I had their Instagram open, but I was waving my phone around chatting to you, telling you the beef. Anyway, I left that day, I went home. Later that night, I opened up Instagram and whose story pops up as my next view story? I accidentally followed them?
Speaker 4: Oh no, when I was waving. Now I'm following them. That's calmer following your enemy.
Speaker 1: They know I'm following them, and I can't unfollow them or they gonna know.
Speaker 4: You have to unfollow them.
Speaker 1: I can't follow.
Speaker 4: Follow them immediately right now, give me the phone.
Speaker 2: No, I'll do it. Give me. If you don't know, because they know that you followed them.
Speaker 4: Maybe they'll know do they follow you back? I know.
Speaker 3: That's even worse because now when you unfollow them, they're gonna be like, oh, she unfollowed me because I didn't.
Speaker 1: But the reason why I haven't unfollowed them is because one I hope that they don't listen to this show. They won't because they don't like me. But the reason why I don't want to unfollow them is because I want.
Speaker 4: Them to think I did it on purpose.
Speaker 2: I don't want them to know.
Speaker 1: I don't want them to have the satisfaction that they think it was an accident.
Speaker 4: I feel viscerally uncomfortable for you.
Speaker 2: Can I just say that?
Speaker 4: And that's what happens when you wave your phone around?
Speaker 2: Are you trying to blame me and somehow say that because you were telling me the story of the beef? This is my fault?
Speaker 4: Correct? Yes, I didn't.
Speaker 1: You asked me questions and you got me fired up, and I had to tell you the whole thing from start to finish. It was a long story and the whole time I was waving my phone around, And.
Speaker 4: It's entirely your fault.
Speaker 1: Which during this led me to think, how many of you out there have gotten yourself into trouble because you've accidentally followed someone you shouldn't, You've accidentally liked a photo that you shouldn't have liked, and then you just want to throw your phone into the ocean and run away and move to Spain, which is where you'll be able to find me.
Speaker 2: I think Amy's done just that. On thirteen one six five, Amy, what happened?
Speaker 5: Well, I was stalking my year six teacher, who, as a twelve year old I inappropriately had a crush on along with half.
Speaker 4: Of the class, and I.
Speaker 5: Accidentally hit ad friends. Didn't realize until he popped up in my feed, And now we're just awkwardly friends. I'm thirty four, and he'd be.
Speaker 1: Like, it's been like thirty years.
Speaker 5: It's more awkward now to unfollow him with zero explanations. So now I see his stuff.
Speaker 1: I understand. I'm also committed to the follow now awkwardly forever.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's it. So now I just get his family popping up and he's a lovely wife, the beautiful daughters, and I'm just the weird over a crush me where I was twelve years old.
Speaker 4: All right, all you weird as it? Wait, I'm following.
Speaker 2: Laurence called on thirteen one of sixty five, Lauren, what happened? Who did you follow accidentally?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 6: Well it wasn't me. I actually went for a job interview and my boss, my future boss, he accidentally friended me. He must have been like stalking my page to see, like what was I up to and it was really awkward because I was like, you've added me as a friend and he's like, oh yeah, and yeah sorry, and I'm like, well what, like yeah, it was just awkward and I said I hope you liked all my bikini photos and like yeah, oh.
Speaker 2: My god, he went right red. Did you get the job? Where did you ask?
Speaker 6: I did? I did actually get the job. It was like when I went into work, I was just so awkward.
Speaker 2: Congratulations, well done and you got the job on your own merrit Nothing.
Speaker 6: No, not at all.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. See it pays off, Laura. Maybe just leave it. Let it sit with his mystery celeb.
Speaker 4: I'm going to leave it.
Speaker 3: I know the sad day faction they have though, knowing that you follow them and they don't follow you back, there is so much satisfaction.
Speaker 4: No, it's like it's like they think I'm desperate to be friends with them.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: Oh god, I'm so cringe. Let's get out of here, will And what are you up next? To drive your home? They've got Australia's Easy as Quiz within a thousand bucks cash. That'd be nice and we will see you tomorrow.
Speaker 4: See you guys. Bye,