Speaker 1: It's in the news today, but it was actually on TV Reload.
Speaker 2: The podcast.
Speaker 1: Last top headline Welcome back to TV Reload. My name is Benjamin Norris, and on this podcast I go behind the scenes with the biggest players in television. Each episode you will get a front row seat with content makers like executive producers, writers, editors, and casting agents, plus the talent that we see on our screens. TV Reload reloads the shows that you are currently watching and gives you a better insight into our television industry and our streaming services. Today on the podcast, I have Chloe from The Traders, who well and truly left her mark on Channel ten's latest dramatic reality TV show. Chloe is a clairvoyant, and while her psychic ability left her fellow competitors a little skeptical, we as an audience loved the dramatics and her time on the show. If you are like me, you may have been dying to see a psychic medium on a format like this, and while she self evicted herself early, I would have loved to have seen more of her time on the show. If you haven't been watching The Traders, I suggest you jump on the train as it is something new and quite fascinating to watch. It's a little bit like Pluto the board game, mixed with Wink Murder. But it's the psychology behind the decisions contestants are making that makes this show one to watch. We will talk about her abilities, if she cares what the skeptics say, why she walked out, and if she regrets her decision to leave. However, let's get started with today's guest. I'd like to welcome Chloe from The Traders to TV Reload.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize I was so dramatic.
Speaker 1: Previously on The Traders.
Speaker 2: I wanted to see what it would be like for me in an environment like that. We now have to be strategic. You have to think about every single thing you say. I don't regret. I try not to regret anything I do in life.
Speaker 1: All fun and games until she paints one of us as a trader.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's secretly why I didn't name in as a Trader, because I want him to win.
Speaker 1: Chloe, you need to leave now, or you're coming to I would like to live.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I can continue carrying every single person's nerves throughout the entire show.
Speaker 1: Hi, Chloe, thank you for coming on and talking about the Traders. I'm a little bit obsessed after watching the first three episodes.
Speaker 2: Hello VN. I know I definitely dropped a few bombshells.
Speaker 1: I've been really appreciative of Channel ten taking a chance on some new ideas, new to Australian audiences so to speak. Were you nervous not really being familiar with this series as it's not really like being on Australian Survivor or a show that's been well and truly established.
Speaker 2: To be honest, that never really crossed my mind. I usually just go into things without really thinking twice and just putting my best foot forward. But definitely now if I think back one hundred percent, the show is so unique and different, and I knew when they I applied that because it was different, this was something that would say, yes, I'm going to do this.
Speaker 1: What made you want to apply? I mean, how did you get cast on a show like this? Yes?
Speaker 2: So when I saw the ad come up, I knew that I wanted to put myself into an environment that would test my abilities being a clairvoyant psychic side and you really form great human intelligence and understanding, and I wanted to see what it would be like for me in an environment like that, it's totally new and yeah, so I definitely learned what it was like.
Speaker 1: How do you feel after watching those first three episodes? I mean, I'm assuming you watched last night even though you weren't there. How do you feel after watching those first three episodes?
Speaker 2: Ah, there was a few emotions that came through. First shock, then yes, I knew people were saying that, and then the last episode, I was just laughing. I could not laughing at myself. I not so dramatic and I just really went in with the drama.
Speaker 1: Was it a fair portrayal of your time on the show? I mean, is that kind of how it played out while it was filming or were you watching it back going Wow, they've really taken a sight of me that I didn't expect.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you know, when you're on the show, there's so much that goes on, and it's interesting to see the perceptions of what people say about you and you're not hearing them, and so seeing that on the TV show it was rather interesting. It made it clarified things for me.
Speaker 1: Do you think that being a clairvoyant was something producers were particularly interested and that's why they chose you to take part in the series.
Speaker 2: Oh one hundred percent. They loved it. So I was doing readings left, right and center. It was they couldn't get enough.
Speaker 1: Isn't it? The worst thing about having a psychic ability is you get people all the time just off the you know, just all of a sudden asking you out of nowhere, what do you think about this? And I don't necessarily know if that's the right format. You know, you kind of need to get into your head, I would assume. I mean, I've got friends that a psychic, So I'm kind of getting ahead of myself here. But isn't hard for when? Is it hard for you when people put you on the spot like that?
Speaker 2: No, No, it's not difficult. The spirits and I have built up respect where if the spirits know if you're going to come and ask me something, they're ready to come in if I give them permission to Otherwise, they're not bombarding me. And it's totally okay. I completely understand why people want to ask. I want them to ask because it teaches them something that it may potentially heal something that needs to be healed, or the spirit gets healing. So if you speak up, you're more likely to receive knowledge, and I can have a beautiful understanding of who you are as a person. So I am all for it.
Speaker 1: Always ask you know, I've been to a psychic. I've been to a couple of them, and they've got so many things right that has blown my mind. They predicted that I would win Big Brother when I was in New York, before I even was officially accepted to be on the show, so it's very like wow. They were like, You're going to go back to Australia, take part in a national competition and you're going to win. And I was like what, And then the fact that it came out was really quite strange. But then every psychic I've ever seen has also said they think I have an ability that I haven't tapped.
Speaker 2: Into, and that's incredible.
Speaker 1: Interestingly enough, while i've been talking to you, I've been burping, and so apparently one of my friends, who was a psychic, was saying that that kind of reaction could be in line with having an ability myself.
Speaker 2: I can't say I've ever heard that I do burp, but.
Speaker 1: Is that a sign there's someone else in the room or I don't understand.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've heard birthing. I think things can have multiple meanings. I've heard birthing can be releasing, so energetic releasing something groups someone saying something to your energetic releasing the response. So maybe you're a more EmPATH, show more empathy in your body than you realize. But do you meditate?
Speaker 1: No? But I feel like I should.
Speaker 2: That's the key, That's how you've got to get in. I spent a year when I was twenty three meditating nearly every single night, going into deep trance, and then I came out of that year learning and understanding how my mind worked, the thoughts, the images that appeared, the voices. So if you can give yourself that year, you'll come out communicating and it's a whole new world. Welcome to the light side. Then come in, come and join us.
Speaker 1: I'm fascinated by people with psychic ability. When did you know that you had disability? Yeah?
Speaker 2: So I used to watch Allison Dubois the TV show when I was younger. I was obsessed. She was solving crimes using the spirits, and I just inside of me knew that that was something that I wanted to do and was going to do. Then I kind of grew up, you know, teenage years and it wasn't until I moved to Queensland that I just fell into meditation. I just it became a part of me. I never questioned it. I never questioned the deep trans that I went into, the messages that I was getting. And then I remember that year I always saw this red dot in my meditation and I reached it, and as I reached, this beautiful white light filled my mind and my body. And then the next day I walked out and I had my first encounter with a spirit and a person, and so I knew that that broke me into that frequency. So I was roughly twenty three.
Speaker 1: Wow. Do you think that your ability would help you or hinder you on a show like this?
Speaker 2: Ah? Well, I definitely think it hindered me.
Speaker 1: I know, but this is not what you expect though, right, Like, yeah, you would have thought going on this show that I'm going to know certain things that it's going to help me progress. But then it did look like it hindered you. I mean, how do you unpack that?
Speaker 2: Well? You can take it two ways. One I required this knowledge, but secondly, because I had this ability, the tactics of the other people were to assume make everyone assume that I was wrong. So I think that the way that they strategized to who I am and my profession was in fact what got me really out of why I wanted to leave. And I think that if I had gone in just as myself, without them having the knowledge of this, and then keeping all of this abilities to myself, probably would have done a brilliant job. But I wanted to show people that stand in your power be unique.
Speaker 1: Well, there was a lot of nosayers within the competitors about your predictions, but this is not an accurate depiction of how everyday people may treat you. I mean when they find out that you are a psychic, Because I can imagine if I walked into a room of ten people and I said I was a psychic, I reckon, I get not eight or nine people that would be already very skeptical, and two people would be on board. So I kind of feel like, is this an accurate depiction of how people are in real life when they hear that you have psychic abilities?
Speaker 2: You know what, Ben, I would love to answer this question and say, no, it's not an accurate depiction, but sadly, it one hundred percent is an accurate depiction of society and what medium psychics go through whenever they put themselves into a social environment. But it really teaches you to have thick skin and to stand in your power. You know the truth, you witness it every day in your reading. So I always come back to that point. I think I really learned that that from this show. Have thick skin and let everyone have their own beliefs and world views. And I know you just need to go Google and see the evidence. It's right there.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, you get some stuff wrong on the show, though, from what we saw, how do you explain that? Because I imagine that that would happen in your everyday life, as if this is your profession or just the way in which you use this power. You know, I guess that would happen all the time. So you know, how do you explain that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So the two are you talking about the two Traders being wrong?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just talking about sometimes when you get things wrong, Like you've sat down with someone and you've told them these are the predictions, these are the emotions, these are the feelings that you feel are accurate, and you tell them and then when it doesn't work out, I'm assuming people will come over to you and say, hey, you kind of said this and it didn't happen. That's what I'm interested in that I don't.
Speaker 2: Ever know that didn't really happen. That was the story of what the players wanted everyone to believe as a way to get me out. I did get wrong the Two Traders. That was more personal Traders, and that wasn't from the spirit. Well, that was something that I tried to look through body language and verbal communication. But yeah, look, I will one hundredcent say there's definitely times that I get things wrong or I interpret the messages wrong. So I think it's really important with the person that you're sitting with. If they say no, we say, okay, let's break it down because there's something I'm missing and maybe you can help me because you understand your life more so it's always good to go back over the know then leave it as a no.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm always fascinated by that because I mean I always think, you know, for people out there that don't necessarily believe in a psychic they just think that person reads people really well, that person's highly empathetic, or they can pick up the nuances in a way in which someone's you know, performing in front of them or reacting in front of them, that allows you to dive a little bit deeper. Look, we're going off on a tangent here. There's so much twine, There's so much to one package, right. I have to ask, though, why did you dramatically get up and leave?
Speaker 2: I know, Oh my gosh, I didn't realize I was so dramatic. I've really learned a little bit about myself. But I remember sitting in the banishment and I don't really ever get nervous. So I was sitting there and my whole body was riddled with nerves, and I just remember thinking, these aren't my own. I'm not feeling like I've never been like this. Why am I carrying everyone's nerves? I don't know if I can continue carrying every single person's nerves throughout the entire show. Really showed me how much energy I take on and being consuming say twenty two people's nervous energy is a lot for my body to handle. So it was definitely a learning curve. Maybe should have got some crystals out or something to protect me.
Speaker 1: I'm sure the producers had taken away your crystals at that point. Yeah, well, I mean you quickly said four names and then walked out, and now you've watched it back on television. Do you regret that decision?
Speaker 2: No, I don't regret. I try not to regret anything I do in life because it just causes you too much head noise. You let it go, you move on. If I need to compartmentalize, I do, And now I just laugh. It's fun.
Speaker 1: I'm very glad that you have a sense of humor about it as well. I mean I thought you were some of the I mean you are brilliant casting on a reality show, and the dramatics that you probably look at going oh, I don't know. That's what made you good television. That's what made us, you know, engage.
Speaker 2: So it definitely did it? Definitely?
Speaker 1: Did you do?
Speaker 2: You so funny? I love it?
Speaker 1: Do you What do you think though? Who do you think is going to win? Do you have an idea in your mind? From using your ability? Have you got any idea? What's your prediction? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I feel like from like self assessment of everyone, I feel like Nigel probably has the best chance at winning. I think he is incredibly smart. I hope that he does. My fingers across. I am backing him all the way. Maybe that's secretly why I didn't name him as a Trader, because I want him to win, Nigel, I want you to win.
Speaker 1: Put it into the universe, you know. And they're also winning bars of silver, you know, they're winning the money back. Do you know how much money is going to be left up for grabs at the end of the competition?
Speaker 2: No, I have no idea. I hope that they get as much money as they can, and I hope that the you know, the best person who needs it wins it.
Speaker 1: Something that I ask everyone who joins this podcast is what is something from behind the scenes, something that we didn't see that we won't see, kind of like a behind the scenes secret from your time on the Traders.
Speaker 2: I would say when I was sitting in my room and I was able to do my tarot cards, I really loved that time that I could connect to myself and and just the beautiful energy in the universe and try and work. I think that was the funnest part strategizing alone.
Speaker 1: Is this the beginning or the end of television? Few? Do you think you'd like to do?
Speaker 2: Ben this is the beginning. What do you mean, Come on.
Speaker 1: You need your own shows. You can pack people's lives and help them. Look, I'm on board. I'm on board.
Speaker 2: Was that a burb in agreeance.
Speaker 1: The psychic ability my psychic ability of burping has said, yes, Chloe, this is just the beginning. Beautiful Chloe, thank you so much for so horrendous. Thank you so much for talking to me today. You know, watching the first few episodes and talking to Channel ten, they were like, you know, are you going to want to talk to some of these contestants. I was like, oh, I don't know, but as soon as I saw you, I just knew it. I was like, I have to talk to Chloe. I have to talk for about this show. So you're reading, well, anytime, anytime, anywhere, girlfriend, Yeah, I'm down do it. Amazing. Well, thanks and thanks to thank the guys there at Channel ten Emily for your time. I really appreciate it. The podcast will be up in the next three days. But well, how do I follow you? How do people who are listening to this follow you?
Speaker 2: Yes? Absolutely so. I have an Instagram account. It's medium dot Coco Blanche and that's coeo Ko and you can see on my readings. Through there, you can look through there, you can see my life. And yeah, keep following me. You'll have to have a look.
Speaker 1: Well I'm in your audience, yes.
Speaker 2: Friend, I shall be in your mind soon.
Speaker 1: I think you're already there, alridy, thank you, thank you so much for your time. I really appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Beautiful. Thank you, Ben, see you later.
Speaker 1: Take Clode, good luck with it.