Speaker 1: Quest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, welcome friends to The Christian O'Connell Show podcast, the Third.
Speaker 3: Walkies, the Russians, Hayden Circuses.
Speaker 4: We don't need to worry ourselves with the boring admin.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: It's actually one motto for life. This amount of times I've had to argument with my wife where I actually said that, I think I stayed that phrase more than anything else in meetings after the show, before the show, and then at home as well. That's what I'm going to have on my tombstove. I don't need to worry about the boring admin like my Hell.
Speaker 3: The man proudly hates the spreadsheet.
Speaker 4: Why would you bring up that. Let's start the show. Good morning, Welcome to the Christian O'Connell Show, Thursday morning. Didn't we all feel the joy of spring in the air yesterday.
Speaker 3: In such much weather? And again twenty six to day. I can't wait.
Speaker 4: This would be the hottest day of the year in the UK twenty six degrees at the peak of summer. They haven't had a particularly good summer in the UK. It didn't even get over I think twenty three, twenty four. I can't maieve he's gonna be twenty six a day and spring? Yes, said, did you all get out yesterday afternoon or evening? I did? Did you go for a walk? What did you do?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Go down to the park. The park is like a music festival at the moment on days like this.
Speaker 4: I know, I'm thinking. I watched the Dan Andrews press conference and at half five I met another dad and we went for like a five or six K man walked together. Are you right Venice Beach? It was about people everywhere. There was the atmosphere of spring in the air, positivity, there was hope, there was joy. I could just you know, you can smell barbecues as well. I could literally smell barbecues, lighter fluid everywhere, burnt meat.
Speaker 3: How wholesome is this? Today? After the show, meeting my dad in our five K zone for a kick to kick with my dad, I feel like eight years old again.
Speaker 4: That is special, That is beautiful. Wow. That is his Father's Day gift right there.
Speaker 3: Yes, I actually don't have to get him anything else.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 3: So we made a couple of good drop punts down the field the guns Father's Day.
Speaker 4: So are you doing this weekly? Is it a regular thing you still do with the old man?
Speaker 3: This will be the first time, honestly, probably fifteen plus years, really easily.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you must have done this a lot with a kid, because just oppositely where I live, there's a there's an oval and a BALLI a day goes by, there's not a local dad with a sun go and kicked to kick, And I always think it's such a lovely thing to see they both look so happy, the little kids, really happy getting some quality time with dad. The old man's there advising him as well and going. He probably did that with his dad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we had a strict no TV after school policy at my house, which I hated, but it meant that we were out there kicking a footy with dad every day.
Speaker 4: It's any more grateful for that.
Speaker 3: Now, yes, But at the time you kick represented not watching TV.
Speaker 4: So was it like an angry kick to kick from a disgruntled, annoyed, disadvantised teenager.
Speaker 3: And I hope as I kicked to kick with dad today, what happened, it will happen what used to happen when I was a kid, is that will kick for two or three minutes and then he'll go behind the goals and I'll just allowed to take potshots at the goals for the next half an hour.
Speaker 4: Wow, what a great thing. And you sent Jack. I don't know if you know this, Patsy, but Jack actually put a message yesterday to the team and I showed my kids. Right. Are you actually serious?
Speaker 3: I actually think it's a It's a nice thing for me to do. I'll bring Patsy into it. This is a quest to the whole team. If I smell, let me know that I smell.
Speaker 4: So we talking about the time wastes this week.
Speaker 3: No, no, no comedy. Please don't tell me that to my face. I am using a new deodorant that is all natural. It's meant to be better for your pause and the old stuff apparently blocks up your paws. What I worry about is by nine am, I already start to feel a bit stinky. So if I am pongy, it's an awkward thing to bring up with me, But it's an open invite to anybody on the team to say to me, you smell and I will change back to the poor blocking stuff.
Speaker 4: Patsy, do you want to go first? Well, you're lucky.
Speaker 5: It's hunting season.
Speaker 4: Isn't it. You're in a separate booth. But if you experience anything around him.
Speaker 3: Does it float into the booth? Because that it's a real problems in the air.
Speaker 5: Why do you think I've got my oil burner in here burning constantly on high?
Speaker 3: If it is really a problem, you guys can tell me. Have I been smelling?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: I do you know around about half fight? What's happened once or twice the week? Is you ask me? Because I'm always carrying I always carry deodrant on me, because you know, if you feel like you're smelling, just put a little sprits on. But now you've also been tapping out from the old natural and you go and match the old claw. I think my one is called claw. It's actually just a thick glue.
Speaker 5: LL say that's gross. The roll on it's gross because it's all sticky under your arms.
Speaker 3: Oh well, the natural one is the roll on sticky under So that's why I'm putting your poor blocker one on.
Speaker 4: An I might bring out my own one. Call one poor blockers just pine tar smeared under your ar.
Speaker 3: How about this? If you guys don't have the guts to say it to my face, I leave an anonymous note.
Speaker 4: Did you hear partially the relation?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 4: I will.
Speaker 3: Just rather than a piece of paper? You don't you smell today?
Speaker 4: How would you invite that into your world?
Speaker 3: Because I would rather show you're.
Speaker 4: Gonna be okay like a ballet you keep getting return stink, stink. What do you want people to say?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 3: Have I got fifteen pieces of paper, guys, one at a time.
Speaker 4: The jury hasn't turn, and then you stink and you're going to be okay for the rest of the show.
Speaker 3: I would rather that than just think that you're all talking about me behind my back.
Speaker 4: Can I ask you a question?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 4: How do you feel about wearing a little bit of say a perfume or a light after shave, you know before when you come to work? I like a little sprits up. It just wakes me up a bit.
Speaker 3: No that I reserve that for date night?
Speaker 4: Yeah, sure, I have an evening one, right obviously every day Monday night I'm putting on the old sex pa. That's Friday night. Actually, sorry on Monday night. That made that mistake once. You can't do it again, my wife told me, But I why don't you even sort of light a lunch to want to day.
Speaker 3: Honestly, how they ever use a perfume? That's why I still got The only perfume I have is ten years old Usher.
Speaker 4: That would be by now when he got it. Somebody called Usher vi P to put the I P on there a P ten bucks at chemist Warehouse, gets your dad Usher vi P for Father's Day.
Speaker 3: I will wear Usher VIP tomorrow.
Speaker 1: And the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Do we add Usher to the list of people we'd love to speak to? And who's calling Christian?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 4: So you own a fragrance by the rapper? Yep? Usher? Okay? Usher vi P okay? And who is looking at Usher thinking whatever he smells, I want that on me? Well obviously, So who is a grown ass man from.
Speaker 3: Two thousand and nine? So eleven years ago, even though I still have some So eleven years ago, Usher was hot property.
Speaker 4: OKTMZ hot property.
Speaker 3: I found the webpage showing it. So citrus and woody and leathery TONESK and.
Speaker 4: K and that sounder would I think it is that? Those kind of bass notes, I think they're called.
Speaker 3: Can I read you some of the comments, some of the reviews.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so you still own this I still have honey, if you're going out on a date night with me, anchor, you'll rot the usher Vip It's property because he probably smells great too. To be fair, can I just say and one hundred percent he should be top of everybody's list right now for who you're trying to get to call the show? Usher? Does he wears? Do you think he wears his own? He would? Yeah, he's got loads of it. You know he must have got sent loads of that stuff in his garage. It's he even not a garage, you think a lock up or he just dumps all this stuff like unused Rome machines.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what the people are thinking of Usher Vip. This is from Nax eighty nine. I found this fragrance.
Speaker 4: Straight away, anyone, I'm not reading anything those people that when they have names like that online.
Speaker 3: You know NAX is obviously taking. So you had to do Max eighty nine.
Speaker 4: I bet that's the year is born. What does he say about usher Vip?
Speaker 3: I found this fragrance Fragrance and I'm in hook Line and Sinker. I feel very confident.
Speaker 4: It sounds like an Usher lyric from a song hook Line and Sinker.
Speaker 3: Remember it's called Usher Vip and Max feels very confident and very important and it.
Speaker 4: Has been and it has the fragile is a guy who he thinks putting that fragrance on makes him important.
Speaker 3: It has the added bonus of driving women wild, it.
Speaker 4: Does it Has a woman ever been driven wild? Buy an arfter shapely? Perhaps brute people do respond to certain fragrances, don't they. That's what we all wear.
Speaker 9: It's brute.
Speaker 3: You know what it does?
Speaker 5: It trans It's not the fragrance. No, it transforms you back to a time because that's what Chris used to wear when we first met. So it reminds me of a young.
Speaker 4: Sometimes we started getting The transforms you back to a time starting a little bit queasy in the room. Hello darkness and on else we've got They've got another review from Usher vip hot property.
Speaker 3: Cheetle has written a cheapy bit of goodie. If the idea was to create a warm, spicy, woody scent for the mass market, then Usher has done exactly that.
Speaker 5: I don't think Usher has done it.
Speaker 3: No, he's pharmacy, come on.
Speaker 4: He Perhaps he's right, He's not on the end of that production line. Doing quality control is he in a lamp. Guys, there's not enough leather in this.
Speaker 3: He would tell them what he wants and then or four versions he would put them under his nose. He has to sign off on the final set. He's not going to put his name, especially in two thousand and nine.
Speaker 4: Was the hottest of properties.
Speaker 3: He's not going to put his name to something.
Speaker 4: That's Have you ever bought any other celebrity fragrance?
Speaker 3: No what, I've had this for eleven years, I mean pretty much.
Speaker 4: But every time you look at it, don't you think, Oh, is he still a hot property? Do I want to smell like Usher?
Speaker 3: I agree it is Usher viop is a fragrance, is a bit the f and the bottle does look a bit theugh, but it smells great. I'm gonna wear it tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Bring it in tomorrow. Okay, fair enough.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 4: We have an in studio is show right now, high level brainstorming going on between Jack and I. When I say high level, I mean low level. We've got a problem with today's do you row the answer? Where? Every day this week thanks to Bingley, we're getting four of you dads to work together and we all ask you the same question, and one of you needs to guess it correctly. If you guess it wrong, you all lose two hundred and fifty dollars each to spend at Bingley. If one of you gets it right, which is what happens so far every day of this week, then you'll get two hundred and fifty dollars each spend at Bingley. However, we thought we had a good one to do today and think it's going to work involving our old friend on the show, Shanewa.
Speaker 3: Shane warn, I think the question is way too hard. You've gotta remember people almost didn't guess who Darth Vader was yesterday.
Speaker 4: Three out four didn't didn't and then we picked a TV dad, Homer Simpson, probably the most famous night. If you said TV dads, you'd have him at number one. Three dads didn't even want to try and have a guess. They was so intimidated. Buy Homer Simpson the audio grab we had. We're thinking about asking you how many Shane warns? All right, dad, how many Shane Warns? Laid from his head to toe from his mansion in Brighton to Lord's cricket ground in London. We're thinking, Actually, if you can't get Darth Vader or Homer Simpson, there's no way we can do this. But anyway, the lines are open now. We're not playing until about seven minutes time will have worked out what the question is to ask you dads. Dad's cool him Now I've got to be a dad to.
Speaker 1: Playing Christian Connell's show podcasts.
Speaker 4: All right's meet some of the dads. First we have dad Joel. Come on in the boat. Good morning, Joel, Good morning, boys. How are you How are you this morning? Joel? How's your week going so far? Buddy?
Speaker 8: Not too bad, not too bad, nice weather today, which is always nice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and Joel, tell us about your family. Then, who are you dad to? Joel?
Speaker 8: I'm a dad to two boys.
Speaker 10: One was two in July and one one in November.
Speaker 4: That's so a busy household right now. Are young young kids, very busy, very busy. All right, Joel, Good luck, buddy, Thank you very much. Second, dad, come on in the boat, Paul, Good morning.
Speaker 6: Good day, Christian.
Speaker 10: How are you all going, Hey.
Speaker 4: We we were good, Papa, Paul. Who are you dad to? Paul?
Speaker 11: A boy and a girl Atlanta at seventeen Jake twenty four.
Speaker 4: He was tning them in there, just a cover of boy and a girl and then focusing that down what do they look and the images the pixels become a bit clearer. That's great. Good luck, Paul, thank you. Let's go to dad. Ben. Good morning, good morning all, Good morning, Ben. How are you mate? You're you're a trader. You're a builder?
Speaker 9: Yeah, builder mate, and.
Speaker 4: You're able to be out and about building at the moment you're work him.
Speaker 8: Yeah, doing a bit of the recluding work.
Speaker 6: So yeah.
Speaker 4: And who are you kids? Who've you got? Ben?
Speaker 12: Max and Rubelicious ten and twelve?
Speaker 4: Ruberlicious or Ruby Ruby? Yeah? Great names? All right, buddy, good luck. And then finally right at the back of the boat, I think the toughest gig all this week because nor the one that has to answer the question if the other three are cowards that we've had this week and dodge it to the guard at the back.
Speaker 13: Terry, good morning.
Speaker 10: How are you Christian?
Speaker 4: Terry? You're a plasterer, so you're a tough manly man. Who are your dad? To Terry?
Speaker 10: Chelsea and Tyson? Which are iaining my next year twins?
Speaker 13: Yes?
Speaker 10: Boy and a girl?
Speaker 4: Wow? We awesome. All right, Dad, say good luck to each other.
Speaker 10: Good luck, boys, good luck.
Speaker 4: That is the worst one of the week, that screams the week has kicked the crap out of me Thursday, is it? Yea one of them? I don't think even spoke. Dads, come on, let's pump it up. Said good luck.
Speaker 10: In the boat?
Speaker 4: All right, how this works? And guys, do you all know how it works?
Speaker 10: Yes, Christian, Yes, yep, yep, yep.
Speaker 4: But bits are picked up. Dads. Now you're gonna come to Stowway. Dad's there in the boat. Guys, all right, let's play. Do you row the answer? We have a clip now, guys of a sporting legend and also a great dad. I'm going to play you all the clip the same person. One of you has to guess correctly. I'll ask each one of you in turn, do you row the answer? If you have a guest and it's wrong, you all lose two hundred and fifty dollars to spend at bing Lee. If you get it right, you'll all win. It's as simple as that. First, then we go to Papa Ja Old Joel. You ready to play. I am all right, sporting legend and a great dad, who's this talk about? Do you wrote the answer? I wrote the answer? Oh, first one of the week? Who is it?
Speaker 10: Thank Rawford?
Speaker 1: Get it?
Speaker 4: Legend. I'll go.
Speaker 13: All right boyd.
Speaker 4: B I b Usher all right, Dad's well done, so Joel, Paul ben Terry, thanks to Papa Joel, the first man of the bat. You'll win two hundred and fifty dollars to get whatever you want. Uh Bingley, well done, guys, Well done, Joel, thank thank thank you very much. A great Father's Day this weekend. Yes, that's say Happy Father's Day. Hey boys, thank you Bingley. Great Father's Day. Gift ideas to suit any budget we got there.
Speaker 2: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Who Calling Christian? Who's got in question? Fifty thousand dollars up for grabs. It's sort of about you guys, trying to persuade celebrities to give us a call. Finishes the end of next week. Then there's a vote. You pick your winner. The winning celebrity, whoever you go for, gets twenty five thousand dollars for the charity of their choice for charity here in Australia. Huge amount of money any year, even bigger this year. Well, what's going on with COVID charities? Really important charities having really tough times at moment getting funding. They need our funding a lot of these charity So twenty five thousand dollars and all of the celebrities we've ever had on ours three years of doing this are all working with so many different charities. So it's a good thing you're asking him to give us a call. They can raise awareness is by telling us about the charity they're involved in. We might now have been one. We're even aware of what they do. And also they could have win twenty five thousand dollars. They also get you the winning celebrity twenty five thousand dollars too, So Jackie.
Speaker 3: Boy, we're up to ten celebrities, all right.
Speaker 4: Voicemails count, so obviously we love hearing celebrities when they call the show. Yesterday we had Greg Page from The Wiggles and.
Speaker 3: Steve goodenbook How Quickly I Forget It?
Speaker 4: So on my wish list the Goots, I moved on don't forget. I want a cast member now, greedy cast member from the Top Gun. Who do you want?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 3: I wanted Jason Biggs from American Pie God.
Speaker 4: That's still be a great one. There's another week and.
Speaker 3: A bit great one. And now we've added Usher on the list this morning.
Speaker 4: Because that's a collective term.
Speaker 3: We you know, we have added Usher because.
Speaker 4: You want to because you're still rocking fragrance.
Speaker 3: You'll still talk to him though if he calls cour.
Speaker 4: Something glad to hear about this delicious fragrance that Jack's still rocking. Patsy, who is it you want to speak to? Peter setierro is no?
Speaker 5: Peter Gallagh?
Speaker 7: Gun?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, older one eyebrow.
Speaker 5: We're looking for Karama, Betty, Why Dolly part Beggie?
Speaker 4: Why isn't gonna call? She's nine hundred years old?
Speaker 14: Ever?
Speaker 5: Know, we could never never know who else is on my least Elizabeth Shu was another one.
Speaker 4: Get out the whole shop and it's whoever you can get to call the show. We'd love to chat to them. It is wide open. You can find out more about about it all at the Christian O'Connell show dot com dot au. So it's all about getting this call between six and nine while we're doing the show. When you hear this crackson that that means someone is calling in. We find out when we go to them when you find out. Obviously we have to go home, and when we're not here, they can leave a message. We have three amazing voicemails that have been left by celebrities. Ys go to rock and roll. First of all, Motley Cruze. What a band, one of the wildest rock and roll bands ever. If you've read the book about them. That was a terrible Netflix show, but the book is amazing. Tommy Lee, I'm pretty sure Tommy and Hamler Andison. Was that the first ever kind of sex video?
Speaker 3: Boat?
Speaker 4: He does you do when you wear usher VIP? You don't get the right to judge others come down to my level. You guys, ever see that one?
Speaker 3: I've never seen this. Yes, they're on a boat, so it's filmed off the boat.
Speaker 4: Someone else that isn't it? It's interesting? You need to see it.
Speaker 3: Is it online or is it just like.
Speaker 4: You know, it's impressive if it almost needs David Annberg commentary to go Jesus anyway, it's kind of what a shame he didn't call the show, and I would go, is it really that big?
Speaker 3: Have you seen the boat?
Speaker 4: It is literally a boat. Anyway, Tommy Lee called the show drummer Monty crew.
Speaker 15: Guys, is your boy Tommy Lee.
Speaker 4: That is someone who knows he's carrying heat down there. It's your boy. I can't speak to anyone like that. It's your boy, parme ol c Guys.
Speaker 16: Your boy Tommy boy is cracking. Okay, listen here now. The reason y'all need to donate to the Victorian Homeless Fun is because it's a great cause and people have homeless, help them get a home. Come on, now, go down wherever you go to do this and tell it that Tommy and Haley sent you.
Speaker 15: All right, get it?
Speaker 4: I love that. Isn't that rock and roll? This is what needs to be lost in rock and roll. Thank you Tommy. All right, another message here we got Rebecca Madden.
Speaker 17: Hey, Christian, it is Beck Madden here from Channel nine. Just wanted to touch base on behalf of the Epilepsy Foundation because they are simply the best. Not only do they support people living with epilepsy, they're leading the charge for a cure and helping to create an epilepsy Smart Australia.
Speaker 4: I really really, really really really hope.
Speaker 3: They win the money.
Speaker 4: All right, season, Thank you Rebecca Madden. Great charity as well.
Speaker 15: Hey, guys, is your boy Tommy Lee?
Speaker 4: I just want to hear that one again. You know where is boys? You know we are now Tommy these boys?
Speaker 15: Hey guys, is your boy Tommy Lee?
Speaker 4: Thank you Dad, Tommy Lee. Another message. Now, wish you to take us up to thirteen celebrities. You've got to call the show. You've got all these people to call. This is Matty J from The Bachelor, Christian.
Speaker 8: Get a mate. It's Mattie J here. I don't know if you know who I am. Normally it's middle aged women who know who I am. So I was the Bachelor. About four years ago. A lovely lady called Angie slid into my DM She's a big listener of the show and asked if I would call up. And the reason is because her mum is having her sixtieth birthday and she needs a brand new car for him. Now a really exciting project that I'm working on. Not many people know about this, but my daughter is now two and a half and whilst we're in lockdown, I decided it would be the perfect time to start potty training her.
Speaker 10: She likes to wee.
Speaker 8: All around the house NonStop, so if anyone comes over they'd be like, why does your house smell like child urin? But exciting news is that you do the Pooh and the potty for the first time, which was so exciting, but for any parents listening, it was a big victory for me. So I would love to support a charity called the Australian Childhood Foundation. They'd do some really incredible work with kids who have been affected by abuse on neglect and they're in the foster care system, so twenty five k would just be incredible to give them extra support and Christian one more thing before I go, I'll make this really quick. I do have a song which is my guilty pleasure and but this is something that I don't admit to anybody. If I've had a stress all day at home, I'll put this on and I'll just unwind. The song is Shania Twain Man I feel like a woman. I know that song is not written for me as a thirty four year old dad of two kids, but it just hits the spot every time. So if you could play that, I would really appreciate it. Thanks so much. Chattering Fight, what a lovely guy.
Speaker 4: And also every mom and ad accommodate that can't they Patsy when they do do a number one or two in the party, it is that's the best day you're going to have that year.
Speaker 15: It really is.
Speaker 4: You're like that, that's the win of the year, that's your only win. Age what lovely mersage there. Thank you very much for getting Tommy Leeter call Rebecca Madden and then Matty J. Broer.
Speaker 1: No, you're listening to the Christian o'cyles show podcast.
Speaker 4: So far you got thirteen celebrities to call the show. About to speak to number fourteen. The crackson's gone off. Let's find out who it is. Good morning, who's calling Christian? Who is this?
Speaker 18: Good morning Christian? This is Olivia John How are you, Olivia?
Speaker 4: Welcome back to the show. You were our first ever winner when we did this about two or three years ago.
Speaker 18: Yeah, I'll get I can do it again.
Speaker 4: You greedy little thing. You want more of that money. How are you, Olivia?
Speaker 18: I'm doing well? Thank you?
Speaker 9: How about you?
Speaker 18: How you cousin?
Speaker 4: Well, I'm obviously you probably still you must have family here in the extended lockdown in Melbourne and various parts of Australia.
Speaker 19: I do.
Speaker 18: I have a lot of family and dear friends in Melbourne. I spend my love to you all.
Speaker 4: Well, thank you very much, and what have you been up to then? What's happening with the warp this year? We all did it three years ago we did the walk with you and it's the first time I've done it and it was an incredible thing. The atmosphere and just you and your daughter on stage, the energy from you as well on a Sunday morning. It was incredible there. We love doing it. It was great. What's happening this year with it?
Speaker 18: Thank you so much? Well it was you know, last year we couldn't do it, and this year we are going to do a virtual walk and I'm really excited. It's going to be on my birthday, which is the twenty sixty September, and we're also going to be walking in the park in Russia. I've forgot the name of the part, my good mistake. Anyway, people can go online to work for Wellness dot com dot a you to get all the all the exact times and date from everything and how you can do it. You can walk by yourself, you can walk with your friends. I can be trying to raise money for the Wellness Center, which is my Baby at the O and J Center, where people who are going through cancer have wonderful rest bits from thinking about their treatments when we get to do art and music and do painting and drawing. And I was in the O and J a couple of years ago and it really was incredibly beneficial to me, and I want to continue these programs for people on the cancer journey.
Speaker 4: You must be very proud of what you've done.
Speaker 18: I'm very proud of what everyone else has done. I was very sill to be I was very honored to be asked to have the center with my name on it, and to raise the money to help people through Camper is wonderful.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 18: I'm just very excited of what they're doing and leave One's programs and it's so hotful to me and so hopeful to other people who are going through it. You know, it's really important to me to.
Speaker 20: Keep it going.
Speaker 4: Also, well, I'll make sure we'll give it a couple of pushes as well. I fear that twenty third September we may still be in lockdown, but we can still get out and exercise. So people always looking for reasons to get out the house and do some exercise so we can raise some money for an amazing organization.
Speaker 21: Livia, Yes, thank you.
Speaker 18: You walk up down your street or walk around your living room if you want me.
Speaker 10: However, joy it.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the last time we spoke to you, I think you were selling off a load of your merchandise from Greece at your garage or something. Did you manage to sell it all?
Speaker 18: Yeah? We had an option with a lot of my old costumes and things and you know, would you call them posters and jewelry and stuff from my life to raise my need to start the foundation which I have being a foundations that we are studying plant medicine for cancer. So that's I can like the part of my life that I'm really excited about because I hope to find kind of therapies for cancer and SuDS a plant medicine that's been so helpful to me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's incredible. I saw right on the edge of the frontier of that now is amazing. What they're starting to find out about all the plant medicine. How you're at, I think we'll be in ten twenty years time, I'm sure when we look back about how we've been treating cancer these years, it would almost seem barbaric. That's really exciting.
Speaker 18: I agree, I agree, Yeah, so I hope so I can be a part of that change where we can you know, people can go through it with much less difficulty.
Speaker 4: Tell me this, Olivia, right earlier on the show, I work with a younger personal show who is what you call a millennial and he wears Ussher Vip, which is a cheap after shave. How you brought out a celebrity perfume or anything like that urd toilette?
Speaker 13: Hell I.
Speaker 18: No, I mean I have. I'm a part owner of a beautiful spar up in the Bay Day area called Gaya, and we have a beautiful skin care range. The perfume is something that I always wanted to do but never.
Speaker 13: Got to do.
Speaker 4: That list it's never too late, I reckon. There's a gap in the market for Olivia by Olivia Newton John or simply or if you want to go mass market. Greece is the fragrance, not the word. You're scratch that one off Greece. Now, no woman wants to start putting grease behind their ears. No, no, now, Olivia, everyone who calls this year, we're asking him, what is a song that's a guilty pleasure for them when there's no one else around. What are you listening to? What is it for you? What's the song that you go to? You and John?
Speaker 18: Well, you know, I had trouble with this one. But I thought to a song that I used to play and it was totally not a band that I ever used to like. But I love this song, and that's brown Sugar by the Rolling Stones.
Speaker 4: Than God. Did you say you never used to like the Rolling Stones?
Speaker 18: Well I didn't. I wasn't willing to work and roll. I was more about kind of our plge McCall it boy, you know, But I really got to appreciate them later in my life.
Speaker 21: I love them. Now.
Speaker 4: You must have met the Stones.
Speaker 18: I did.
Speaker 21: I met Mixed a couple of times. In fact, I met him. There's a Bowie at the top of the uh the Power in New York that.
Speaker 18: Came down.
Speaker 19: Turn towers.
Speaker 18: We read we were invited to that they need to have a disc go on the very top. And I was invited to this party. And I walked out and there was Mick Jagger and David they were standing together.
Speaker 4: What a showy story. You're on top of the world. Trusted in a nightclub and you see as you're leaving, Mick Jagger and David Bowie. What the three of you there? That's all the showbies.
Speaker 21: You know.
Speaker 18: I wish I had a photo of that moment. I just get one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's great. Well, Olivia, we'll let you go. We're we're on the show, and I'm sure everyone listening as well. We'll all be doing the walk. We need our exercise, we need to get out, and we will all be signing up for the Walk for Wellness on September the twenty third.
Speaker 18: Yeah, Walk for Wellness dot com. Go there you And I'm very grateful to all of you who have supported me and the center for the many years that we've been opening. And you know, patients right now needing what to put more than ever, you know, with all the things that are going on to keep their spirits up. The wellness programs are really really important. So I'm really grateful training of you who will partake, and I thank you so much.
Speaker 4: Well, listen, I think there are many people I speak on behalf of many people who you would have helped. All the research you're doing, all the yeah, all the fundraising you've done, and spreading awareness for years and years of your life. There are many people that you would have helped out. So actually the thanks is asked to give you Olivia and just you know, just don't forget about the fragrance grease, just give it another idea. Take care of Livia.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Friends, This is exciting. Every day we get emails saying, hey, guys like the radio show, but when are you going to bring out some clothing. We've listened, we've acted, We've designed very exciting day to day Our first in our new line of leisure where for dads dad wear trademark. Hands Off Jack is modeling right now, Patty, can you see this half fleece? I can. Our dad is as is peak happiness when he's in a half fleece, not a fourth fleece. It's a half sip that goes down to the kind of chest the heart, which of course where dads live. This is a beautiful kind of I call this a kind of It is the official color of middle aged dads. Gray.
Speaker 3: This is a merl gray, and I tell you it is extremely comfortable. I've got the Christian O'Connell logo on my breast.
Speaker 4: What does it say underneath?
Speaker 3: Monogrammed monogrammed incursive Dad wear, very stylish trademark.
Speaker 4: Hands off.
Speaker 3: I've decided to you pop the collar up? Would you ear the color up?
Speaker 4: Or down? One hundred percent? It's always up And when it's a little bit chitty, who comes up?
Speaker 3: Zip it all the way to the top. And my neck is nice and.
Speaker 4: Warm and tonight as the sun sets, it's getting a little What would you do if you want to sorry, during the day, you want to enjoy the sunshine and let the sun into the chest.
Speaker 3: My chest is exposed, chest out.
Speaker 4: Sun's out, Dad's out.
Speaker 3: These are really good, I'm honestly.
Speaker 4: Honestly, patsy. They are a joy to wear, easy on the eye and on the dad's skin. Anyway, how do you win one of these? Ringing and last for them? Okay, we give them to you. There are only thirty, well twenty nine, I get the thing and that one's going over.
Speaker 3: With we wheel or one once and maybe twenty seven all right, okay.
Speaker 4: All right, so there's some left for you. Here's how you can win them this morning. They're first in our exclusive range of dad were all right? You can win the half releases. Here are two phone in this morning. Don't know what we're going to get one of them. Last week we really wanted to do, but everything was going so quickly and we were overrunning in that. We had a story last week about a guy who injured himself with a stuffed shark.
Speaker 3: A hammerhead shark. He was harrying it through a museum and he informed us that actually sharkskin is very abrasive when the shark is dry. The tail got stuck in the doorway and it pulled the shark across his cheek.
Speaker 4: I could kind of rash.
Speaker 3: He said. It was like a cheese groader going across his face.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so very unusual way to be injured. So this morning we want your stories. You were injured by? What have you been injured by? Something different, weird or usual? We want to hear your story. On nine four one four one oh four three, And we also had this story, this is a story which is not one in a million. We said that lot dinner, what a chance that it's not one in a million? I ever listened to this ten.
Speaker 22: Years old driving with my dad. Oh well he was driving and my dad having false teeth. He gave a normality, sneeze out came the teeth flying, hit the windscreen and went landing.
Speaker 4: You know when people talk about history and Gord I love to see that. I actually think more than that, I would have loved to have seen that. That is a one in a million.
Speaker 3: Off the window back into the met.
Speaker 4: No even Michael Jordan could do that with a basketball. So one in a million, that's what we're looking for this so on to win the half flee Sarah, dad ware, you were injured by what and one in a million? What is your story? That's one in a million the chances.
Speaker 1: Look, Christian Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 4: I'm looking at a TV. They've got an image vision of Gil mcgloughlin, the Grand Pooba of the fl He is wearing a gray Dad fleece zipper. No word of a lie. We strug God with this one, Jack.
Speaker 3: It's almost identical to the one I'm sporting, except he doesn't have the coveted Christia Condor logo.
Speaker 4: Hey isn't one one guy. Good luck Gil caught us any time with the funny story. All right, So this is how we're going to give away our first ever item of clothing to come from this show. Four days away from Father's Day. One of our new range of dad wear, leisure wear for us dads. It's the half fleece. What color you call it that?
Speaker 3: I think it's called officially a gray mertal.
Speaker 4: Love that that's great. I called it the color of my hair. Great in lace, grace. While I see that as all right, here's how you win them. You were injured by what? What unusual thing injured you? Nine four one four one oh four three? And what is your story? A one in a million story? Something happened against great odds, but it happened the one in a million pages? Up first this morning, good morning, Page, morning.
Speaker 19: My dad was injured by his crocs.
Speaker 4: And again that is an item of vocal on the feet that dads do.
Speaker 1: Rock a croc.
Speaker 4: What happened to your dad and his crocs?
Speaker 23: Yeah, he was walking around in a holiday place in regional Victoria and basically impaled his toe on a stick.
Speaker 4: I went through the little one of the holes. Come on, what what like? His walking stick went through one the horse.
Speaker 19: Like a twig left a splinter about the size of a toothpick.
Speaker 4: Oh, dear poor dad. Page, that's a great one. So hey, do you want one? Of these fleeces for your dad.
Speaker 19: I love that.
Speaker 10: Thank you.
Speaker 4: All right, we'll send it out to you, a nice one. It send us a photo when he's when he gets it.
Speaker 1: Okay, no worries, we'll do all right.
Speaker 4: Page, have a good day thanks to cooling the show. Bye, Scotty.
Speaker 6: My brother got injured by a leech.
Speaker 4: A very vindictive, aggressive leach. What's the story? What happened?
Speaker 6: Well, we went fishing up in Frenchman's Creek and he must have brushed up against the lee or a plant or something, and the leads got stuck to his eye.
Speaker 4: And then he still got it or how did he get the lead off?
Speaker 6: Got stuck to his eye, and we tried to get it off. Well, we're going to use salt, but we realized that his eyes probably shouldn't use salt, so we ended up using some flyers. And that's so much.
Speaker 4: Better than salt, isn't it? Because it's his eye plyers.
Speaker 3: Is it on the eyeball or on the eye lid?
Speaker 6: It was on the eyeball?
Speaker 4: And what happened when he started flying the plyers did it come off?
Speaker 6: Well, he started squirming a bit more than the leech. We had to wait for him to calm down before he get.
Speaker 4: The leads off, and then did eventually sort of get the leach off him.
Speaker 6: Yeah, eventually I got.
Speaker 4: It off, all right, Scott. Don't you like that?
Speaker 3: The other option could have been No. He still has it to.
Speaker 4: This day known as leech. Hey, guys, stop laughing. You know it's uncomfortable and that's been there five years. All right, Scott, thank you very much for corn les. Go to Justin good morning, Justin.
Speaker 11: Morning, Christian. I was injured by a horseshoe.
Speaker 4: All right, what happened? How did you get injured by a horseshoe? Scott?
Speaker 11: Justin So when I was fourteen, I was playing at the race course and as we're leaving, a tractor was going past and we ducked under a fence started running and was mowing, and it flipped the horseshoe into my leg.
Speaker 4: Oh, like some kind of throwing star all weapons or something.
Speaker 11: Yeah, pretty much broke the leg. Week in hospital with three surgeries.
Speaker 23: Jeez.
Speaker 4: That is a nightmare. That is a one in a million.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah it is.
Speaker 4: Would you like one of our dad fleeces, the half fleece.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I'd love one to give them my dad.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Also right, we're sent out today justin thanks for calling mate perfect.
Speaker 11: Thanks love the show, guys.
Speaker 1: Well Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: Jay's emailed. I was once injured by a metal file used in design and tech at school. Mamma and I thought would be a good idea to use it as a baseball bat. I threw the ball rackets cellotape and he would hit it at the teacher. Already, this is a good scene. There's a phone in there. You thought it was a good idea at the time. Lumberhold. Thank you for using that, by the way, when you can any man's lumbhold. The metal file came out of the wooden handle straight to my head. One fractured skull and a kiss of life later, and two weeks in hospital, I lived to tell this tale. Try to cool. Can't get through this morning yet. It's a very business morning, Jay, But thank you for still sharing your story with us. That's amazing, Christian. We were having a this is incredible the story. We were having a family barbecue sitting outside and veranda light went out. My brother decided to stand on a plastic chair that become brittle from the sun. He went to change the globe, the chair snapped, the leg of the chair embedded into his man bits. Oh thirty stitches later, Oh, the poor guy. That's from Debra. All right, let's go to the lines then see what stories you've got. Paul. Good morning, morning, Christian.
Speaker 7: There are you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm good Paul. How are you bearing up? Mate? How's your week going?
Speaker 13: Yeah? Good good. I got injured by a slice of pizza.
Speaker 21: Mate.
Speaker 4: Why that pizza pie hit you in What happened?
Speaker 13: Well, ship, you were correct to.
Speaker 10: Hit me in the eye.
Speaker 13: Oh yeah. I was coming on from the football with my family after watching the Mighty Bombers, and so we'd stop off and buy a pizza on the way home. And I was starving, and I grabbed my slice of Preacher and put the car into reverse. And as I was turned me head around the reverse, Marin end came around with me and the pointy bit of the pizza went straight into my eye.
Speaker 10: A bit of Preacher, And.
Speaker 13: Twenty years ago, when my daughters are still laughing, it's.
Speaker 4: A great story, my friend. That is amazing. Injured by pizza. Paul would have to send you one of our add fleece is my friend? It be a pleasure.
Speaker 13: Oh fantastic, Okay, no werries, thank you, take.
Speaker 4: Care, Paul, thanks for making us laugh. Let's also add food injury. Who has been injured sausage in the eye, excuse me, who has been injured by food tomorrow on the show. So that is great. Bless him, James, good morning, Good morning, Christian has a going I'm good, Jimmy, what's your story for us?
Speaker 12: Look, it's not me as the old man, but he got injured by throat, lolly?
Speaker 4: How did he get injured? My throat, Lottie.
Speaker 12: We were just driving to the soft one day and he had a bit of a sniffle, so get a sneeze and it came out his name.
Speaker 4: What I've heard of this happening. I've never spoke to anyone who was an eyen witness. Sneezed, so the throat lows in his throat where it should be.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, and then Seeze added that is a hell.
Speaker 4: Of a trick. You can get a career on TV these days out about something like that. That is amazing.
Speaker 12: Yeah, big blood nose coming afterwards, So that's the injury.
Speaker 3: Yeah, at least it made you happy, James, smile on your face.
Speaker 4: James, that is a great one. We're sending a half fleece for you or your dad, whoever you choose.
Speaker 12: All right, awesome, thank you very much for savable one.
Speaker 4: Thank you, and you Graham. Let's get Graham before we get to the news. Graham coome morning, good going in Christian? Gee, man, what have you got for us?
Speaker 10: I fell into a rose bush head first.
Speaker 4: This is not something that a sort of eighty sickcom isn't it where they have the sound effect that what happened? How did you fall head first into a rose bush?
Speaker 10: Well, I was prune in rose bushes and I turned around to do something and I hit a rock and next minute last the balance. I just went head first into this buddy road.
Speaker 4: Jesus, it must have been a nightmare.
Speaker 10: It was a nightmare. And my wife was putting the cuttings in the bin at that stage. She turned around to see me playing out on my stomach, and and how did you get you up? I couldn't get up.
Speaker 4: He stood in the now he's been living in there for the last ten years.
Speaker 3: Supplies.
Speaker 4: It's called rosebush.
Speaker 10: I couldn't get out. I was stuck. I looked at my arm. I had blood pouring down my arm, and I lifted up, pulled up Majoriy in one leg of Majoriya and the blood pouring down the league and she went to kind of chair from inside to help me up. I still could get up, so somehow I had the roll over and up.
Speaker 4: It's like a bed of nails that you're embedded in.
Speaker 10: Well, well there was a good old rose or sanded rose bush.
Speaker 4: No, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I said that, all right, No analogies on the.
Speaker 4: Today for Graham does to get any of that today. It's good to always stop the old benters sometimes, isn't it? Just bat it away? Great and we'll send you one of our half laces.
Speaker 10: Okay, oh great, thanks mate.
Speaker 4: Byebye, King of Improv.
Speaker 2: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Coome on in Deborah, who emailed me five minutes ago that story about her brother getting the chair embedded thirty stitches. In a rush to email her back, I've accidentally sent an email to her. W you're citizen Roy. Much went over. It's saying, Hi Christian, thank you very much your story. Lots of love, Deborrah, I've got a bit confused. You're Deborah, I'm Christian. Everything is all righta all right, then some amazing stories coming in this morning. As always, thank you very much. We know there aren't so many of you listening right now in Lockdown, but the ones that are who still want to share stories with us every morning, thank you very much. So this morning you can be winning. What is being modeled right now by water Model Jack Posts. It's our first ever line of dad Ware. It's a half fleece, the classic Dann flee sip up, but it's a half fleece, so it's not a full one. Jack. The color is.
Speaker 3: Gray merl with an excellent black embroidered Christian kind of.
Speaker 4: Logo on the breast monogramed with dad Wear. You win this this morning. I'm telling us what weird unusual thing injured you? And have you got a story? There's a one in a million ninety four one four one O four three. Let's get some of your stories this morning.
Speaker 10: Robin, Good morning, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 4: Robin Wooley is welcome to the show.
Speaker 19: I thank you.
Speaker 4: I got very excited. I heard Jackie Boy talking to you just now and he rushed you straight to the front of the queue. So I want to hear your story. What is it.
Speaker 19: Well, it's a bit of a weird story. I was walking through the bush with my dad and I saw a piece of cow poo and my and my dad and I'm made a fast and my dad said, Doby, silly, he's only resat good grass. And he picked it up and took.
Speaker 13: A bite from it.
Speaker 19: And this is a dried cow petty.
Speaker 10: I know exactly.
Speaker 4: Is your dad sort of crazy?
Speaker 19: Sort of crazy exactly?
Speaker 4: That's what crazy dad.
Speaker 19: Yes, And unbeknown to Dad and all of us, the cow poo was in the middle of a cactus patch, so it was covered in prickles, so for the rest of the day Mum had to pull out of Dad's lips and tongue prickled. Yes, it's pleoy prickles exactly. And we were all cacking ourselves last.
Speaker 4: Years ago.
Speaker 10: Is this a while ago?
Speaker 19: A while ago? Lived down its dis thought, the thing that dead would do.
Speaker 3: You never forget the time you dadated cow poop.
Speaker 4: To prove a point, to prove a point.
Speaker 19: So, yes, it's a bit of a weird and wonderful one, isn't it.
Speaker 4: I love that one. Robin will send you one of our dad where half a Lisa as a cake.
Speaker 19: Would be fantastic.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much, thanks for calling the show with your story mate. Take care of Michael.
Speaker 7: Yes, Christian, Michael, good morning. I used to do archery a long time ago, and we're all lined up and I actually the arrow broke and I shot myself in the hand. The arrow went forward and the back of the arrow with the feathers went through my hand and stuck out the other side.
Speaker 4: I mean, that is quite some trick shot. To even try and replicate that, we'll do it again, I don't think you could.
Speaker 7: I was the only one in the club that's ever done it. So it was documented.
Speaker 4: What a hold of favor about you going some wooden boards in the clubhouse.
Speaker 7: Yes, I've still got the holes to prove it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that is that an occasional that it can happen in archery when you're doing that. Was that the days?
Speaker 7: It was the days of the wooden arrows, and I had a.
Speaker 4: Eleventh century.
Speaker 7: I'm not that old, yes, but the had a hairline fracture and it hit the part that the arrow hits on and deflected off with the pressure and shot through my hands.
Speaker 4: To break down the physics involved here, it was scary and I got a tennous injection that hurt worse afterwards, and one of the archers fired it into you. Yeah, the large we joke there for you, Michael.
Speaker 7: Thank you very much. You go, hey, hey, can I can I put a shout out to the guys that Rebel Sport. We're all listening to you on the radio here at knocks and and you're keeping us going in the morning, which clicking collects and now ordering it in lockdown, but we listened to you every morning and the guys get a real buzz out of everything that you guys are doing. So thank you very much for it.
Speaker 4: Honestly, Michael, knowing now that we've got any listeners right now in lockdown means a lot to us should keeping us going. So thank you, Michael, and thank you all the team. Rebelant Knox, is it, yes, sir, shout out rebetut Knox. Thank you very much. Michael takes care of me all right, Thank you, bye, your friend. I haven't heard that. Everyone calling from the other side. Jane, good morning, Good morning morning, Jane. Hello Jane.
Speaker 20: My dad got injured by a washing machine, but not in the way you would think.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, I was thinking. I wasn't think any climbed in it. You know that he had cats that I didn't have any thoughts about why an actual human dad will be injured by a washing machine.
Speaker 20: Well, he didn't fall on.
Speaker 4: Him, right, Okay, So what happened to him?
Speaker 20: So my dad was a mechanic and he used to get grease and stuff on his pants, and one morning he decided he had to clean them, and you ub petrol all over them, put them in the washing machine, boiling hot water into the washing machine.
Speaker 9: Let it sit for a minute.
Speaker 20: I would have been about fourteen, and I was at home and I heard this lint over the top of the washing machine. Top loader switched the switch on and there must have been a spark. I heard this absolute crash rushing out the washing machine. Had the spark had ignited the fumes in the washing machine, This funnel of fire shot the lid open. No eyebrows, no eyelashes, flashburns for his face, inge the ceiling curtains on fire. I come out and he's just looking at me.
Speaker 1: Done that what had happened with no eyebrows?
Speaker 4: It's hard to see if someone stunned when they've got no eyebrows, that's right.
Speaker 20: But he had it looked like he'd been you know, flashburn, sunburnt, and he had to go to work the next day and he was so embarrassed about what had happened. He told everyone he'd been skiing and he'd been burnt.
Speaker 1: Sundance his eyebrows off.
Speaker 20: I have no idea how he's.
Speaker 4: A human Bible mumbula. That is incredible. What a sea to see for you as well as a fourteen year old Jane.
Speaker 20: I came out and thought, oh, but this was my dad.
Speaker 9: You know, this is not the only story.
Speaker 20: But I came out and he said, I.
Speaker 9: Said what should I do?
Speaker 20: And he said, get me some cold flannels. So I got him some flannels, facewashers, and we put him on his face and he said, oh, okay.
Speaker 8: That's fine.
Speaker 4: And I love the way as well. Jane, when you told that story, you moved on quickly from your dad sort of having his face his eyebrows melted off, to tell us about the curtains that also got damage. They're the real victim in this, those curtains ago. They were great drape.
Speaker 20: I think I think that's what my mum was most worried about Jane.
Speaker 4: We'll send your price. Lovely story. Thank you very much for sharing.
Speaker 10: Take care, Thank you.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're listening to the question O Kyle's Show podcast.
Speaker 10: Good morning, Oh, good morning, Christian.
Speaker 9: I was electricic cuted by my husband at the time, we were using he was using electric ketcher. He was up a metal ladder and he was cutting a bush and the power line that from the road, the main power source to the house. He accidentally cuts part way through that. The electrical charge went through his body, through the metal ladder, through my body, and down through the ground. And the only thing that saved my life was my gum boots. And I just felt this big bang in my body and I thought, oh God. And my husband at the time said, I said, oh, I said, because we saw what happened. He cut through the cord and I said, oh my god, I said, that electrical charge went through my body. He goes no, I said, oh, I said, I felt it, he goes don't. You didn't believe me anyway, when power call came out to repair it, they said, oh my god, we've got It's amazing that you're both not or you're not dead. He said, because the charge I earthed the charge with my robber gumboots, and that's the only thing that saved my life. One thousand dollars later, find you for that power line to be repaired. Say, he's not my husband anymore either.
Speaker 4: This is an amazing story. We're all of it. Actually specious because so yeah, because you would have had how many thousands of vaults that went through.
Speaker 9: I've got no idea, Christian, no idea. All I know is I will never ever use an electric hiture again.
Speaker 4: Now I've got a great excuse not to ever use one as well.
Speaker 10: Electric anyway.
Speaker 9: I have to tell the stories that my son's now about twenty four. It was when he met three, so it's a very long time ago. But yeah, I still remember that to this day.
Speaker 4: Right, you still got those gum boots. I mean I'd be living in those gum boots. They're life savers.
Speaker 13: I do have those gum boots.
Speaker 9: You believe it.
Speaker 4: They saved your life. This is it's incredible. Yeah, you are lucky to be alive. So he cut the power cord and then the hens trimmer that was like a conductor, and it went through him the metallic ladder and then through you.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but he didn't cut through the whole chord, so he just snipped it and he bounced off it. So I think, you know, because it had like a big sheathe around the power court, but it was enough to cut through it and get powercourps out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, amazing, we'll send your price. Thank you very much. You called him.
Speaker 13: You're welcome, Thanks Christian, Brett.
Speaker 24: He's good a Christian.
Speaker 8: How am I?
Speaker 4: I'm good? Buddy you well?
Speaker 24: Yes, yes, yes, I am there.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeh good Mane and Brett. What story have you got for us? Brett?
Speaker 24: Well, I was injured by a cannon ball, pnemonia.
Speaker 4: How are you injured by cannonball? Brett?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 24: I was a bit seven something like that, and playing on the verandah that had just been newly tiled, and I was rolling the cannon ball up and being the slope on the veranda and getting further and further each time OR pushed it sort of thing, And then it started coming back a fair bit faster, and I thought, oh Jesus, is just break mum's new tolls on the veranda and I'll get guild. So I went to catch it, and they're very bloody heavy cannon ball and went yeah, So luckily my fingers got in between the tolls and the cannonball and saved the toils. And it just smashed me finger to pieces and it flattened it and I had like a big min was like a big price symbol. And yeah, so then I had to sort of wrap it up in the hanky and try and hide it from mom to start with. But yeah, then she threatened to throw the cannon ball away.
Speaker 4: To It's like a shot. But they won't take cannibals away. The councilor told me the base that and no more cannibals Mustconnell, I got to ask. But the big question is what on earth are you doing playing with a cannonball? What is an Australian boy gets a cannonball from?
Speaker 24: Well, just being The friends of the as Dean had founded in the shed when they bought his house.
Speaker 4: Were from. I need to keep this going. Give me their number, bread cannon ball.
Speaker 24: There's not much to do with Wangata.
Speaker 10: For DNA.
Speaker 4: Those cannons. Brett will send your Bryce awesome story. You look after yourself. Cannonball stakes blood Bye bye, Michelle, I love to think bike.
Speaker 9: Hello Christian, how are you good?
Speaker 4: Michelle welcome to the show, thanks to card And what's your story for us? Mate?
Speaker 23: So, my son just called earlier about his father snorting out. It wasn't just through his nose. But I want to up the yankee because I don't think he told you his story about how he injured himself.
Speaker 4: Oh this is great. So yeah, James called us before the Age of Continent us a great story about so your husband.
Speaker 23: Yes, and my husband knees dad a loveenger and actually hurt his nose because he's got a black nose from that. But I wanted to talk about the time that James actually broke his nose. So, coming home from a forty game one day, I had to stuck at the shops. James was in the backseat of the car. My oldest son was in the front passenger's seat, Jade. I popped into the shops for that. Mind you, they were fifteen and seventeen, sorry, thirteen and sixteen, so they were old. I didn't leave the kicks in the car on their own. But so I was coming out of the shops and James is coming towards me with blood all over his face, and my car looked like a crime scene. Basically, he was sitting in the backseat, didn't like the song on the radio, did want to change the radio to one oh four point three, slid on the console and land it smack ride on the steering wheel his nose.
Speaker 4: He didn't share that story with us, but Injurby a steering wheel about the radio.
Speaker 23: Ye yes, yeah, yeah, yep, yep. So he didn't like the song on the radio, and I think my oldest son said no, I'm not changing it. So he thought I'm going to do this myself, and he just slid on the console, landed smack right on the steering wheel. But the funny story is when I took into an emergency and Triagna's doctor. As soon as he told them the story, they looked at my oldest son and said, really, that's how he broke his nose. It wasn't an elbow involved.
Speaker 9: As you sort of thrussed your elbow up.
Speaker 23: As she was coming through the concert.
Speaker 4: All right, we'll show all good stuff. Was having a gilt today, Thank you very much.
Speaker 10: You call you so yeah, but.
Speaker 4: She needs to take a break now.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell Show podcas.
Speaker 4: Hung up on God one oh four point three. Christian O'Connell show time for today's time wasted for you? This is incredible today? Is you are what you eat? Day? Would you? Sire? I was giving me a top five rankings for the world fittest rock stars according to Health and Fitness magazine. At number five, Alice Cooper playing some off a four handicap at golf. Yeah, I mean it doesn't make you fit. Have you seen the shape of some of them? Michaelson and some of those, they're big old units. John Daily. It's walking and having a little hit of some of them and a bit more walking. They get ferried around in a car for Lenny Kravitz. Again, no reason for this one, it says Lenny Kravitz at number three is the one that's caught my eye. Oh you wind him out? Have you just made this up? Anthony Keidis from the Chili Peppers right, well, they always did their.
Speaker 3: Concerts shirtless, so they have a good rig.
Speaker 4: You can't put this in something with health is working towards his goal of putting tug boats across San Francisco back with his teeth. I know he's giving up drugs and good on him, and we all need goals.
Speaker 3: It was the habit with the.
Speaker 4: Why is the cusher on? Just to put that on there? Then Kravitz and Antony Kiedis is working towards his goal on tug boats, white tougboats across San Francisco Bay with his teeth. Folks drop everything. Get Anthony Keidis on the chili Bbister called us before next rider, who's got in Christian? We're gonna go what what are you doing? Man? Chug boats?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Well the tugboats pull the big boats along. But oopus the tugboat?
Speaker 4: You're right? Who does Tomorrow's one word? Phone in tugboats? Two? Adam living from room five boring. We peaked with.
Speaker 3: Who's a number more? You gotta know number one?
Speaker 4: At least Phil Cudning guitars with def Leppard. He is ripped out you. I think he's that kid his late fifties or sixties, but he is ripped all right. Healthy man's healthy mans today Frankie Rose to Hollywood raw it is gold, Thank you, Jackson five? How do you make them healthier? Huh? Jackson five a day? All that fruit and fiber. Jackson five a day, silver silver, All right, thank you, Robert Plant. What a great front man of healthy man. That's right, Robert plant based diet bronze.
Speaker 3: I felt it coming to.
Speaker 4: Billy idle. I don't know about that. Billy not so idle. He does have he's so busy. He's not idle, He's not don't say that about this silver. He's working on Anthony kid to support them. Sex pistols that is not healthy guys, but safe sex pistols.
Speaker 3: Gold plus.
Speaker 4: All right, thank you healthy bands. What have you got Jackie Boy.
Speaker 3: Huey Lewis and the mus ly Huey and the Boys, keeping.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, keep it regular, Yeah yeah, silver regular.
Speaker 3: Shakira is looking buff lately. If you notice that, Yeah, yeah, I guess she's diving those protein shake ears.
Speaker 4: Don't lie tug boats.
Speaker 3: Sorry, you can have your good fats in your bad fats. Obviously you want.
Speaker 4: More of your good fats. That's the education.
Speaker 3: Like fleek good fat.
Speaker 4: No, all of it sets up, back off, just no fleet went off. Get your chug bow out and put it across the arrow.
Speaker 3: And to finish. Of course, we all know that beats are a great source of manganese, potassium, iron, and vitamin C, very healthy for very good for you. Yes, that's why they're always chatting them down the Beatsy Boys.
Speaker 4: Okay, texting yours oh four seventy five.
Speaker 3: Bronze, I've got a part two, Okay, sorry, go on Because the beat Boys they're so healthy, that's why they always were fighting for their right to Pillarateier.
Speaker 4: Gold save there at the end.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: Healthy Bands, Less, Mark Your Time, wastes Now, Jackie Boys Ready, Yes, Organic, go back, Bronze, the Roasted Pumpkins, Silver, Men at Jim Workout Silver plus that deserved better, Big glemb Haul and Oat Smell, Silver, Pluss run a Mouth and DMC Silver Sushi Quattro.
Speaker 3: Gold.
Speaker 4: That's very good, Aiden, Thank you. Rage against that deep frying machine Bronze, Bruce Spring and His Steps Team Silver, Lentil as anything Gold, but I'm justin the strolling stones for a little stroll.
Speaker 3: Silver.
Speaker 4: Led Zeppelin becomes leak zucchini, does it?
Speaker 3: Joe, No, it doesn't, it doesn't.
Speaker 25: Olivia Newton Jogger Silver, Latonia, Jenny Craig, David that's.
Speaker 4: One of the best ones of the week. Just didn't take several bells. Jenny Craig, David Florence on the running Machine.
Speaker 3: Silver.
Speaker 4: This one's this one's fresh ripped hot chili peppers, Old Anthony and those tug boats Silver Plus didn't care for Roger Ridd Stilly Brown Silver.
Speaker 2: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Well what a show tomorrow, Patty? You know what we got tomorrow. It's up to us whether or not we want to play it. Yeah, not one. Two new songs, new material front. How can I forget apparently the world's biggest fan, how come I know?
Speaker 22: Slip my mind?
Speaker 4: Of course it is.
Speaker 3: What do you think, Patty? What are the chances it's a good song Because it's been forty since they're released new movies.
Speaker 5: Of course it'll be a good song. They haven't just they didn't stop writing forty years ago.
Speaker 3: They did Chess.
Speaker 4: If they've been writing NonStop for forty years, they'd have like nine thousand albums to get through.
Speaker 5: They're just everything they touch turns to gold. They're brilliant, those two.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but like decades of not doing anything, No.
Speaker 5: It's going to be great. I won't be disappointed. I'll guarantee it.
Speaker 4: Well, you haven't heard it.
Speaker 3: Anything in life.
Speaker 4: I guarantee I know it'll be good. Bless you that night, so we can actually they've got two new songs. Yep, right, we have a choice. If we want you, we can play both, yes please, Well no, we're going to hear them first before the show, before we start sticking them on air. But yeah, tomorrow we will. We may have no. If you don't hear an Abba song tomorrow, right, we didn't like I won't sag it off, it's mean we hated it.
Speaker 24: Okay.
Speaker 4: If you hear two of them, it means we like that. If you hear no Amber right between six and nine, that's the no abbur guarantee. It means we're doing your favor, go and find it online. We're not stinking up the show between six and nine tomorrow without Oh, we were back with both songs tomorrow. Thank you very much. Everyone who's asking celebrities to give us a corner? Who's corner? Christian? Still another week and a day to go, we can a show to go. Fifty thousand dollars is wide open out there. Celebrities are calling in. Is he just about to hear on day for and they can win twenty five thousand dollars. Tell us about charity of their choice and all the work they do, like lovely Olivie Newton John did which you just about to hear about, and or so you win a huge amount of money twenty five thousand dollars. What is stopping you from asking a celebrity and letting them know that we've got twenty five thousand dollars waiting for a charity that they really care about and twenty five k for you as well. Head online to the Christian O'Connell show dot com dot au find out more. But right now, here's just Today.
Speaker 15: Calling christianffy. Hey, guys, is your boy Tommy Lee? What is cracking?
Speaker 4: Okay? Now?
Speaker 16: The reason y'all need to donate to the Victorian and Homeless Fun is because there's a great cause and people have.
Speaker 15: And homeless help them get a home.
Speaker 17: Come on now, hey, Christian, it is Beg Madam here from Channel nine. Just wanted to touch base on behalf of the Epilepsy Foundation question.
Speaker 8: I mate, it's.
Speaker 10: Maddie Ja here.
Speaker 14: I do have a song which is my guilty pleasure. This song is Shania Twain Man. I feel like a woman.
Speaker 1: Let's go girls.
Speaker 14: I know that song has not written for me as a thirty four year old dad of two kids, but it just hits the spot every time.
Speaker 4: Then she lad a woman.
Speaker 25: Good morning, christ Olivia, welcome back to the show.
Speaker 4: You were our first ever winner when we did this about two or three years ago.
Speaker 18: Yeah, I can do it again, you greedy little thing.
Speaker 4: You want more of that money. How have you ever bought out a celebrity perfume?
Speaker 18: Hai?
Speaker 4: No, I reckon, there's a gap in the market for Olivia by Olivia Newton John or simply Owen j Or if you want to go mass Mark. Grease is the fragrance, not the word. No, you're right, Actually scratch that one off, grease. No woman wants to stop putting grease behind. There is who's.
Speaker 1: Calling Christian back tomorrow from six Brier. You're listening to the Christian o'carl Show podcast.