Speaker 1: I think you need to take pressure off yourself because I feel a lot of pressure. It kind of feels very manic that you're like, I need to find something, and I think it's about realizing that you maybe need to create space for that thing to come. Welcome back to the Rise and Conquer Podcast. I'm your host Georgie Stevenson, former lawyer turned entrepreneur, social media personality and personal development junkie. This podcast is for my girl gang who want to feed their mind with positive and expansive thoughts to help them step into their power and live their most authentic life. We chat a variety of topics including mindset, business, relationships, health, and so much much more. Basically, wherever you are on your journey, I want to help you feel inspired and empowered to rise up and conquer your next bold move. I know that's going to look different for everyone, but just no, I'm right here by your side and that you have the rn C community behind you.
Speaker 2: Let's do this.
Speaker 1: Hello and welcome back to the Rise and Conquered Podcast. I'm your host Georgie Stevenson, and today I have another advice with g segments. So we started last solo episode. So yeah, last week, and I had so many questions in my inbox, so we're doing another week of advice with g I've got some good questions today. I feel like a lot of people would be in the same boat. So we've got questions about, you know, if you're not super passionate about your current job and you don't know what to do, and tips on how to go from there. I also chat to another girl about struggles with trust issues in a relationship because she has been cheated on before, and I talk about my experience with trust issues and previous cheating and how I feel about that. We also chat about signs from the universe and how to know if they're like correct or not, and also getting into a routine and my tips for that. So before we get into our little advice segment, I do want to obviously preface this and just say, you know, I am a qualified life coach and health coach, but I'm not a qualified you know, mental health practitioner, a medical doctor, anything like that. So this is general advice. This is not specific advice, and this is very much my own opinions, So you guys know, this is what this podcast is. So if you are looking for very you know, specific advice or if any of these topics.
Speaker 2: You know, super triggering and stuff is happening.
Speaker 1: I always always advocate for seeking professional mental health help. I personally see a psychologist. But yeah, I just thought it was a bit of a fun segment if you are wanting, I guess another perspective on your situation. So let's get straight into it. So the first question, and I am going to sum these up just because I get some long emails. I love that though it gives me more context. So the first person I'm chatting with is Kate, the Lovely. Kate said that she loves the podcast and she loves the solo PEP talks and has gotten so much more self confidence and positive energy since listening. So appreciate that, Kate, and sending so much love back. So Kate is asking advice about her job. She explains that, you know, in high school, she did legal studies.
Speaker 2: She thought it would be cool to do law.
Speaker 1: She then did her degree and she almost just like fell into her job, and she's like, you know, I thought I'd just do it for a little bit and see how I felt. But now I'm six years down the track as a lawyer and she's starting to really think of, you know, this job isn't necessarily my passion. I feel like I could do more and be more, but she just doesn't know where to start. So she says that she's from the discussions about the six week project that she sees people already know their passion, but they're just scared of taking a leap of faith. And she's kind of the opposite where she's ready to take the leap of faith, like she's gearing, she's ready to go, but she just doesn't know what is next. She knows that she wants to be flexible with her schedule and do some creative but that is about it. She's like, I love travel, food, learning new things, reading, listening to podcasts, except but she doesn't really see those as career options. So she goes, do you have any next steps to me? What would you do in regards to looking for a clear path moving forward, particular in relation to job slash career.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: Okay, so first of all, Kate with the project, that's not actually true. So so many people in the project actually do it because they're not clear. And I was looking at this question going, oh my god, Kate would thrive in the project because in the first couple of weeks that's literally like Module one is called get Clear. So that's actually what I do in my six week self development course, is I really help you get clear. So honestly, I think like our next enrollment won't be till mid year, so it's probably not the greatest, but oh my god, you would love the project because obviously I'm going to get into it so much deeper over there. But just kind of brisk on things with the whole saying, you know, I'm interested in adventures, travel, food, learning new things, but you don't think that can be your career, Like that is a limiting belief because you know, just look at me. I literally started doing health and fitness, doing recipes, all these various things, and now I have a podcast and a natural supplement company. And it's not like at the start, I was like that's what I wanted to do. It was these you know, hobbies and side hustles and passions that led to that. So honestly, Kate, the first thing that comes up for me, and all these advice of G segments are very like intuitive, I'm not really thinking about it. I'm just kind of saying whatever comes to me.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that's good or not, but are we gonna do it?
Speaker 1: What comes to me is I think you need to take pressure off yourself because I feel a lot of pressure. It kind of feels very manic that you're like, I need to find something, and I think it's about realizing that you maybe need to create space for that thing to come. So, for example, going back to my experience, I didn't have what I needed to do. I quit my corporate job first to give me the space to then explore what I wanted to do. So I know that's not you know, necessarily everyone has.
Speaker 2: That sort of privilege.
Speaker 1: Because my side hustles of my social media's were earning me enough money that I could, you know, quit and still pay my mortgage and live my life. So a couple of things come up for me. It's like, you know, do you quit your job and just kind of get like an in between jobs so you have more space to figure this out, or do you keep doing your job plus start getting some passions on the side, So you guys know, I, you know, throughout my whole law degree and when I worked at a law firm, I was doing my side hustle, social media, fitness and health on the side. Yes, it was crazy and I didn't have a lot of time for myself, but I feel like when you have a passion, like you make it work. So it was literally like I would wake up at four thirty, I'd do gym, you know, to get that in there.
Speaker 2: In my lunch breaks, I would be.
Speaker 1: You know, editing YouTube videos and stuff like that, and then I would get home and do a lot after work too. So it wasn't the best life for a couple of years, but at one hundred percent what catapulted me to being able to leave my job comfortably. So I do recommend like exploring these hobbies and passions on the side while you have your secure job, Like I think that's so fine to do that and don't. And that's also another thing I wanted to chat on is I want you to really think about if it's important that your job is your passion because I think, you know, maybe you're hearing a lot of podcasts, you're seeing a lot of stuff on social media where these people you know are doing their job and that's their passion, which includes me. But I always say the example of my husband Tim, who he you know, absolutely loves golf, and golf's all weekend and sometimes during the week and for him, it's like he is so happy to work his job. He obviously works in Naked Harvest, but he's so happy to you know, do his job and then do his hobby on you know, the weekends. And I remember even saying to him at one point, like, would you want to quit Naked Harvest and you know, be a golf teacher or something like that, and he was like, no way, Like golf is my passion and I think it wouldn't be as fun if it was my job. So he actually likes keeping them separate. And so I think sometimes we just get a bit overwhelmed with everyone on social media like doing their passions, but it's like do you actually want that? And that's something to get clear on. So another huge thing here, and this is obviously what I teach in my Rise and Conker project, is when we are tapped into our intuition, into you know, when we're feeling aligned and we really know ourselves. And this, you know, for me, I know I'm tapped into my intuition and in alignment when I feel in flow when I'm working when you know, I'm doing my practices of meditation and journaling and I really, like, I feel so confident in who.
Speaker 2: I am and what I'm doing.
Speaker 1: That does take time, But honestly, when I was reading this question, I was like, this is what Kate needs to do. Like Kate, you need to tap into your intuition. You need to start exploring yourself, which you know, guys, I'm a huge self development junkie because I think what might happen if you're stuck on the next step. Like me personally, I'm never stuck on this next step. And that's because I'm so tapped into my intuition in alignment that I can, you know, sit there and meditate and might take a little bit, but the next step will always come to me because that is my core belief. I know that when I'm in alignment, when I'm you know, tapped into the most authentic Georgie, the next step is always there because the universe has my back, and that is you know, like, that is my belief and that is how my life goes. And I'm so certain on that, and so I would love to know if you ask someone who is you know, already tapped into your intuition and really kind of exploring yourself because I think a lot of clarity comes with that one last thing before I move on to the next question. Another little thing to add. And it is kind of hard for me because I don't have the whole story, Kate. But when I, you know, quit my corporate job, I didn't know what I wanted to do. So I talk about this kind of concept of it's kind of like there was fog. There was fog everywhere, and it's like I can't see the goal, but I could see two steps in front of me, and one of those steps was to quit my corporate job. And even though I couldn't see the end goal, I had to surrender and trust it just felt right for me. And so that's a huge, you know, intuitive, you know, sort of state, which I know not everyone is in, but for me, it's like when I'm in alignment and flow, I don't even have to see the end goal because I can just trust that everything is happening for me. Everything will fall into place and I've just got to take these next steps.
Speaker 2: I hope that.
Speaker 1: Makes sense, Kate. It's just what came out to me. All Right, guys, let's get on to the next question. So t Shak had a very similar question as Kate, kind of in regards to how do I find out what I'm passionate about and what goals I need to set and go from there, And then she also asked me if I have any So she's saying, I want to get into manifestation and into my limiting beliefs and blocks. What are the resources I can look into? T shirt, you literally have to do my six week project. This is what we this is what we do, guys.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: It's so the project is currently running right now and we're in I think it's week four, and week four is such a special week because the hard yards are kind of done and everyone is having these amazing aha moments and like so much clarity, and oh my god. Our Facebook group everyone is like so supportive. They're like they're manifestations are starting to happen, and they're like, you know, really trusting their intuition and they feel in alignment and the energy and everything is just it is insane. And that's why I absolutely love when we do rounds THET because it is just the most insane container of people where we do that. But other than that. So kind of like with Kate, I'd be using your spare time to tap into your intuition, really getting to know yourself, you know, meditating, journaling, doing those things, other kind of books and whatnot. I feel like I do have a blog about this, but let me just think. So my favorite manifesting books I love Gabby Bernstein and her books. My absolute favorite book is kind of Yeah, I guess it's a little bit about that, but how to Be a badasst Making Money by Jensen Cerro And yeah, so I would just start with some personal development stuff, don't put too much pressure on yourself, and go from their t shir. This episode is brought to you by Naked Harvest Supplements, the natural supplement company I co founded with my brother.
Speaker 2: This company was.
Speaker 1: Really brought to life because I have been using supplements for such a long time since the start of my fitness journey. But what I really struggled to find was all natural supplements without the crap, that were tailored to women's health and that actually tasted good. And that's how Naked Harvest Supplements was born. Our hero products are a natural pre workout and our vegan thrive protein, our natural pre workout is vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free, and is a natural energy boost without the crash. This is your go to to enhance your workout and to get you in the mood to conquer your day. My favorite flavor is sweet Strawberry, which literally tastes like strawberry clouds, Oh my God. And tropical iced Tea, which tastes like that lipped and iced tea drink.
Speaker 2: It is so refreshing.
Speaker 1: Our Thrive plant protein is also vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free, and it is so smooth for a vegan protein. I know our nhgang loves cooking with it or using it in that post workout smoothie, and.
Speaker 2: So do I.
Speaker 1: My favorite flavor for the Thrive is definitely our newest pancake batter flavor. It is the real deal and tastes exactly like the name. If you want to enhance your performance and optimize your day, try Naked Harvest now. I've also got a special code for my Rise and Conquer podcast listeners. Just type in Rise and Conquer Podcasts out checkout to receive a sneaky discount. That is Rise and Conquer Podcasts and the end is spelt out. It is not the simbol. I'll also pop the links in the show notes if you want to check that out. But let's get back into the episode, all right, next question Michelle. Oh, okay, So let me kind of give you a rundown of Michelle. So she explains, you know, she's thirty three. Her ex husband cheat on her and really degraded her self esteem. They were together for sixteen years, married for seven and she's left that relationship. She's got a new relationship that she's been in for a couple of months, and she's just explaining she's having a lot of a lot of issues with trusting him. And she kind of goes she kind of chats about like, you know, he's really amazing. He's so kind to the kids, he's so genuine and such a good man to me and the kids. But she's like, am I seeing him with rose colored glasses? Like could this actually be true? And so she's like, do I just you know, dive in and see what happens?
Speaker 2: Like what do I do?
Speaker 1: And first of all, like Michelle, I just want to say, I'm so sorry that happened to you.
Speaker 2: That is like one of the most shittiest.
Speaker 1: Things I had, you know, a high school relationship where my partner cheated on me quite.
Speaker 2: A few times.
Speaker 1: And you know, that was a high school relationship, Like I remember, not really not caring too much, but you know, a high school relationship, nothing too crazy, and I remember just how distraught and hurt and how much that mess with me. So yeah, I couldn't imagine what you're going through. And I just wanted to say, I'm saying you so much love. The first thing that comes to mind is you really need to work on yourself and your worthiness, because I can even see from this question you said it yourself, like you know your partner, your previous partner, really degraded your self esteem. And what I get from this question is you saying, you know, this man is so amazing and genuine and he's so nice to me. Can that actually be true? And it's like, yes, Michelle, you deserve a man who treats you right, who's nice to your children, who's like you know.
Speaker 2: That is like that's your minimum.
Speaker 1: It's not outrageous to think, you know this, This is like such a huge thing. And I get it because of the past thing, because even I remember with Tim when because I dated Tim shortly after my high school boyfriend, Like, Tim has never given me any reasons, you know, to think anything that he would have cheated or anything like that. But I remember just having these feelings because it's like I just cannot let someone treat me like that again. So I totally understand in regards to having your wall up and just being like, you know, that can't happen again. So again, you know, I'm not a professional, Like, definitely, if you're really suffering with this, I really recommend seeing a psychologist talking to someone about this. You know, I see a psychologist weekly and it's amazing and just to have someone else's opinion is huge, and I think they could really help you with this. My personal opinion on this is like, yeah, you need to really well work on your self esteem and your self worth because if you don't, I feel like you might like consistently see problems in the relationship. Because also if you think about it from his perspective, if you're there constantly not trusting him, constantly feeling insecure, it's going to be a lot for him where he's.
Speaker 2: Like, you know, like I've never done anything, you.
Speaker 1: Know, to say otherwise and whatnot. So I think you really need to work on yourself and self worth. And what comes up for me too is in my previous episode that got released this week with Connor Kathleen, she really spoke about this concept. So she's quite young, she's only twenty one, but I thought it was so beautiful. So she kind of explained that she's not interested in dating right now because she really wants to be her own best friend and she really wants to be okay with being by herself, loving herself first. And I loved it because she spoke about this concept of she's like, I don't even fuck around with dating because you know, like kind of she was saying, guys her age are just like, you know, a bit young and immature. And she's like, if I, like go on a date with someone and I just you know, straightaway, don't get those amazing vibes and whatnot, She's like, I'm not wasting my time. And she was very much like you could tell like she knew her worth, she knew what she brought to the table, and she was like, you know, I'm a fucking I'm a goddess. I am who I am. And if someone doesn't you know, kind of match that and come up to the table with a lot to offer. Then she's just not going to bother. And I just thought the self worth and yeah, the self worth on her. I was just like, yes, I think every you know, young woman sometimes feels like we have to be in a relationship to feel complete. And I just really loved how she spoke about it. So Michelle definitely recommend listening to that. And she spoke about she's like, yeah, I'm my own best friend. So that's another thing too, is I think it would be really good for you to work on being your own best friend, working on yourself. So if something was to happen to this relationship, it's like you've got yourself, you've got your kids, you've got yourself. So my overall advice, because I've been bloody ranting as per usual, is like, I think you need to come to this relationship with a clean slate and not bring the past with you. If you're having trouble with that, I suggest you know, getting professional help, seeing a psychologist, talking to a counselor, because you owe it to you know, this relationship, to show up in your best self. And when we're carrying baggage from previous staff. We almost can't, and especially you kind of explain that you know, he hasn't given you too much to think that there's any issues. So I think you really need to, you know, show up as you your best self, deal with the past trauma, and like I said, like really work on yourself. And it's like put yourself first, put your kids first, go fully in. But no, if it doesn't work out, that you did go fully in, like your side of the street was clean. And if it doesn't work out, You've got yourself. You're your own best friend. You're so okay, all right, So quick one from Lah I hope I'm pronouncing that right, La. So she said, what sort of music do you listen to to get into a higher vibe? I'm really struggling to find something that boosts my moods and brings me the best version of her Okay. So I love this question because recently I've just realized how much music really, just like changes my mood. So I use music most parts of the day. So I have a playlist that I have on while I'm working that you know, helps me be productive. It's kind of like background chill music. I have like a pump up music that playlist. Sorry, that is like when I'm about to work out and it's like old schooled R and B. And then I also have like like kind of when I'm like, you know, pulling tarot cards, journaling self development. I also have a list too, So I am gonna make you guys.
Speaker 2: A playlist and put it in the show notes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll do that, and I'll just call it like high vibe or something and just put in my favorite song. So feel free to listen to that. I was so fine when you just find some new music and you really get into it helps. So yes, I will do that in the show notes for you. L lah okay last no second last question Alice. So Alice said she spoke about the concept of a couple of episodes ago. I spoke about, you know, signs from the universe and how to trust that they're actually correct. So she has a backstory where her and X broke up in novemb twenty twenty. They stopped talking at the end of December. She didn't really want to break up and really hoped they'd get back together. So she found she's in a bit of a funk in January came across the podcast. She put in graphic graph of brackets. Wow, life changing, And after listening to some episode, you know, she started journaling and meditating, and so she went she asked for like a sign if she should get back with her ex, and she was kind of thinking of this song, and then this song kept playing and she heard it a couple of times. So she's like, so, my question is whether this is a sign. My intuition feels like it's a sign, but then my logical brain says it could be trying to find signs because I want to be with my ex.
Speaker 2: And yeah, she just.
Speaker 1: Asked my advice, So Alice one hundred and ten percent. So, first of all, with asking signs from the universe, this is something I said in the podcast, but and I guess I've kind of said this the whole thing. You do kind of need to be spiritual person and quite tapped in because otherwise it can be confusing and you will wonder if it's just a coincidence. So for me personally, when I ask for a sign and then I see it, I know it's a sure thing because of how much I trust my intuition. Even from your question, here about your like, oh, my intuition's saying it's a sign, but logically I'm like, oh, is.
Speaker 2: It just random?
Speaker 1: So it is a bit tricky, tricky when you're asking for signs when you're not fully kind of tapped into that inner self. What I say also with signs, like it's honestly more about how you feel when you get the signs. So everything in your thing was kind of leaning towards, you know, getting back with your ex or thinking about your ex.
Speaker 2: I personally would absolutely.
Speaker 1: Love to know why you broke up and you know, if he or she is a bit of a dick or not, because I think, you know, that could be there could be more to the story here. And it's kind of like, was it just because that relationship was super comfortable and you're currently out of your comfort zone so you're craving some comfort and this is something you know with relationships. It's almost like, yeah, you go through this like back, Like I remember, obviously years and years ago, I was seventeen, so I feel like I don't have too much to add. But when I was seventeen and my boyfriend broke up with me, it took me months to just even get around the fact that he had broken up with me and I, you know, like it had happened like and then now looking back, it was the best thing ever. But I remember wanting to get back with him so bad. But it's like it was only because I was in that relationship with him for like three years and it's all I kind of knew, and it felt very comfortable and even you know, not even relationships, but you know, self development, Like with self development, before the shit gets good, it's uncomfortable as fuck and you want to stop. You don't want to keep going. So it's like, are you currently just uncomfortable because you're alone, you're having to do new things and whatnot, or do you actually you know, want to see if the ex is going to work out, because if you know he broke up with you, you didn't want it to happen. I'd be interested to know more of the story. But it's kind of like, yeah, you need to decide. And also like if you are getting those feelings, like why don't you reach out to him see what happens, you know, I mean, and you might you know, get more of a feel of this situation. So I know that's not really a clear answer, But I do hope that helps Alice and the last question or.
Speaker 2: We've definitely gone over time, but that's all right, So I love this question.
Speaker 1: So Josie basically explained that she you know, she's from England. They've been in their third lockdown and it really helps to have some routine in her day. However, she's a workaholic and she's been prioritized getting work done before, you know, reading workouts and what not, and she really can't settle into a routine around her studies. What would my advice be? Okay, guys, So with routine. Honestly, for me, routine is a mixture of discipline and then also enjoyment, Like I feel like you really need both. So like because you can't rely on motivation with routine because there's always going to always going to have days. So a huge part of my routine is discipline, and after you've done something enough for a certain amount of time, you just you know, that's what routine is called, that's how it happens. So you've got to have that part of discipline where you just get it done and you make it routine. In saying that my routines have to bring me joy, otherwise I won't continue to do them. So I have this big thing of, yeah, if you know, if I'm going to work out, I've got to enjoy it. If I'm going to you know, meditate, it's got to be with my favorite music, with you know, my scented candles or sage, and you know, I've got to make it enjoyable. So I would say, Josie, like, think of how you can set routines.
Speaker 2: But make it enjoyable.
Speaker 1: And like, I know it's like so simple to say, but like routine, you really need to be disciplined at the start, Like you need to decide this is what I'm doing. I need this because and have a really good why, a really strong why, and then you literally just need to be disciplined, like I don't know if it's time blocking or setting alarms and what not. So that's kind of my first thing, and this is like an example of this. Actually is recently added a new kind of workout schedule where I've joined a pilates studio and I personally have never been a pilarates fan, but in the Naked Harvest retreat we did last week, we went to a studio called Hustle in Byron Bay, and oh my god, it was so much fun.
Speaker 2: It was high vibe.
Speaker 1: All the girls had an amazing time, and I was like, oh my god, if I had this sort of like, you know, fun plus you know, it was a burner.
Speaker 2: I was sweaty.
Speaker 1: If I had this sort of workout, like, I'd actually want to go to gym more because I've really been lacking motivation with GIN right now and I kind of just do random workouts at random times and it's fine, but I want something more, Yeah, something that I enjoy more. So I've actually started going to that same studio in local location to me, and oh my god, I've been every single morning at five thirty, which is like I never wake up at five. I always wake up at six. But it's because I enjoy it so much. So huge thing for me with routine is making sure there's joy in there, because otherwise, what is the point in saying that? To Another thing that came up for me Josie is realizing that I think you also need to be super kind for yourself, Realizing that you don't have to be busy all the time. You don't have to you know, have this routine like yeah, like you said you've been in three lockdowns, like it's a weird time for everyone, and I think we all don't need the added pressure of being like I need routine in my life because things aren't normal. Things aren't routine. So also make sure you're giving yourself grace and being like, not hard on yourself and not putting those feelings of guilt. And I should be doing that because they're low. They're low vibes, and we don't want any of that. We want high vibes. So when we're giving ourself grace and going, look, I'm doing the best I can with what I have right now, it's okay. That is like, yeah, that's where the magic happens. So yeah, I would just also, you know, try various things, see what brings you joy, see what doesn't, and then once you find that, use the discipline to make it a routine. All right, guys, that is it. I hope you enjoyed the second advice with g If you're listening to this and you haven't listened to the other episode, I will link it. I love answering your questions and it honestly just feels like I'm chatting with my girlfriends.
Speaker 2: You know about various stuff. I really do enjoy it.
Speaker 1: If you do want to send in a question of you know something you want my advice on just my opinion, please email us at Georgie at Georgie Stevenson dot net and I'll put that in the show notes too. And yeah, email me and you might get your question answered. But thank you so much and I'll see you in our next episode.
Speaker 2: Bye.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening for another RNC episode. I really appreciate taking the time to be here with me, and also for taking time for yourself. If you found this episode helpful, it would be so amazing if you shared it on your stories and tagged us, or simply just send it on to a girlfriend or family member who would benefit from listening. We are an independent podcast run by me and my amazing podcast manager, so it would mean the world to us if you left a review on the Apple podcast app. Also, if you're vibing this podcast and the concepts we're chatting about and your craving community, please come and join us over at the RNC podcast community Facebook group. Just search Rise and Conquer Podcast community on Facebook and I will be in there.
Speaker 2: To chat to you until next time.
Speaker 1: The