Speaker 1: Is it just real?
Speaker 2: Hosted a couple of mitches, brace yourself for the rude shocks of young adults.
Speaker 1: I didn't even drink at my own eighteenth because I adamant that. Oh no, I'm not going to drink when I'm an adult. It's so unnecessary. You don't need alcohol to have fun. Eighteen year old you would be so disappointed.
Speaker 2: No, he is Mijuli and Mitchell cous Hello, yeah, hollo you hello.
Speaker 1: I'm feeling a bit of pressure right now. Oh why because last week when we launched our new double episode format now first ever Wednesday episode, everyone said it was way more chaotic and way more fun than a normal Monday episode. So I'm feeling pressure right now because I'm not feeling that chaotic. But I could get there also.
Speaker 2: But you get what you get. You don't get upset every week. It's different, guys, Calm down. Last week was chaok because we had fucking nineteen kilos of Donahey cookies.
Speaker 1: That's true. We had a sugar rush and also a couple of champagnes in us. Although your dad does run an alcohol company, where are we at with all that free groggy promises?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, my Dad is obsessed with you. So my birthday party the other week, Mitch and Dad. Every time I was looking for you or Dad, you were together. Yeah, like two peas in a pod. We had a great time.
Speaker 1: Mark and I.
Speaker 2: He loves you. He calls you cumsy. I love that he loves your reels too. We always say, I think he's.
Speaker 1: The only person that actually calls me kumsy. Yeah, but people call my dad cumsy.
Speaker 2: He's obsessed with you. He loves you so much.
Speaker 1: Is he home right now?
Speaker 2: He might be home. We could call him.
Speaker 1: That's so lazy, Dad, No, don't do it now. I think that at some point today I need a Mark cheery pep talk, oh, because you're always going on about how he sends you inspirational quotes and he sends you self help podcasts and things like that. Maybe I need a taste of what it's like to be parented by Mark.
Speaker 2: Cher be parented marketury is interesting. He really flips on the parenting switch. And Dad will send me daily affirmations. He'll send me a real on Instagram that he finds inspiring obviously one of mine. Yes, yes, of course, yeah. He sends me if I'm stressed or I've told him about work, things that are going on, or even during the breakup. He was so good. He's great. I love stuff. Yeah, he's a big believer in therapy and you know, active thinking and blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: B good. I like that because some people, you know, our parents generation, some people are very anti therapy.
Speaker 2: Oh no, Dad's got a very open mind and being hard. He's so sweet, blessed dad. Mark Cury. Well, we'll see if he's home. I don't know. He probably is. He's gurneying the backyard or something, staining the fucking pool tiles. Like he's such a much a man.
Speaker 1: Flicking of text. Maybe later in the episode, we'll we'll get him on to give me a pep talk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just send him one. Okay, good, let's see what he says. Well, welcome to the show everyone.
Speaker 1: Also, coming up today, you're going to talk to us, apparently about an awkward moment while you've been on tour, because you're traveling around the country with your radio co host career live shows with them.
Speaker 2: Correct, they and I are in many airports. We're doing like three shows a week for the whole month of October. And I had a horrific experience at an airport. I ruined the holiday of another couple that were that would just happen to be next to us.
Speaker 1: That's a big call. I'm very curious about this. I can't wait to judge you well.
Speaker 2: Britain, Laura really ruled their eye and fist and said they were They actually said they were disappointed in me. It was the words that they use. So I'd like to get your vibe. I'm not often in the wrong, as you know, so I think this will I think you'll cibe with me, and I'd love to get everyone's opinion. So that's coming up to We'll see, you'll see. Yeah, listen. Well, if it is your first time listening, Hello, we start every show with and is it just me something that we've noticed we had to appreciate today? Shall we kick it off with a listener with it, Let's go to Jess coming to us from Penrith. Hello Jess, hi.
Speaker 1: Boy, Hey Darland, nice to have you back with smoking you before. Haven't we we have spoken? I thought so. You're a Panther supporter, so you must be stoked after the Grand Final the Panthers pan.
Speaker 2: That was my birthday weekend so I didn't even watch the NRL Grand Final this year.
Speaker 1: I watched it with my friends and got oddly into it.
Speaker 3: Really, I thought that we had a new Panthers fan in you Coombs.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, I kind of tuned in for the last fifteen minutes and during that fifteen minutes is when they had the triumphant return. It looked like they were going to lose. Yes, and it was so excited to be swept.
Speaker 2: Up from the wait what is your team? Naturally? Do you have one?
Speaker 1: I used to pretend because I was raised watching NRL. Right, AFL not really on my radar, but I was raised watching NRL, and so it all came rushing back to me. But I used to, as a child, claim to be a night supporter only because my primary school best friend was also a night supporter, so I just kind of copied him.
Speaker 3: True.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm a Kronella Sharki's boy. The stadium is just around the corner from where we are. Okay, get off it, yes, all right, Well you've you've gotten You've got an is it just?
Speaker 1: Is it just you?
Speaker 2: Is just me of your own yea cool?
Speaker 1: Right, let's hear it, Jess, go.
Speaker 4: For it is it just me.
Speaker 3: Does it piss you off when people don't put their trolleys back properly?
Speaker 1: Is that a Penrith thing? Because one of her family friends from Penrith. That's that's the thing that she gets triggered by the most. If I'm hanging out with her in Penrith, she'll see someone leave their trolley in the fucking car park of Penwyth Plaza and just go off. It's the quickest way to send her into a rage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can put.
Speaker 3: It happened to me this morning and Willies have two different sized trolleys, so there was two trolley bays, and someone put the two big trolleys one in one and one and the other one, and I had the little thing, so I had to take the one big.
Speaker 1: I had to rearrange them put my little one in. Oh that's annoying.
Speaker 2: How hard is it for people to just fucking do the right thing. It's so easy, just put your trolley back in the right trolley bay. I will say, though, I am one of those people that if I'm in a real rush, don't be rude to me, but I will sometimes dump my trolley. Not in anyone's way, but I will put it like behind the parking spot if there's heaps of free space there.
Speaker 1: But those things can easily just They've got to mind their own.
Speaker 2: It could just roll away, I know you, but it won't. I'm very good. I'll wedge like a pump bottle between the wheel or something.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Fuck, I'm really out of myself here. People who kill me behind cars will leave them in open parking spots grow up.
Speaker 3: Like if you go to Audi, then you can't get your coin back.
Speaker 1: When are they going to phase that out? Because I don't carry coins. I have not done so for years to buy the little keyring.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in my family have the little Audi keyring and it goes in Bless them.
Speaker 1: I don't go to old enough to warrant that, honestly.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And you're got to pack your bags yourself, like, for Christ's sake, put.
Speaker 1: A lot of pressure, a lot of pressure in the.
Speaker 2: Way that they throw those groceries with such Swedish anger. They just ditch it down that aisle and they don't talk to you. They're not warm. It's all metallic. Like I don't love the esthetic of an Audi. But they've got a good grog shop in Man, which.
Speaker 1: I like, Oh, that fucking four dollar Aldie Rose. That shit, it's dangerous. Let me tell you.
Speaker 2: Gota yeah, down a treat.
Speaker 1: Oh, it goes down a tree and then comes up.
Speaker 2: I haven't been on a trolley rant in a while, but I've got a new favorite trolley. Would you like to hear it?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yeah, forgot that. You're a bit obsessed with trolleys now I'm a trolley kind of sw Yeah, Jess, would you like to hear.
Speaker 2: My favorite trolley?
Speaker 1: I would love to thank you?
Speaker 2: It comes in waves. It was the Coal's Mini trolley, so not the giant deep one, the smaller trolley.
Speaker 1: The one that's a bit higher up.
Speaker 2: Yes, my new favorite obsession is the Woolworth mini trolley. Got the green handlebars like you're in a Mario cart. They're so gorgeous. It's got the bar in front of you. But then on the left and the right they're like two joysticks. They look like two sex toys and you hold them today.
Speaker 1: Yes, you could see on it if you I mean like sex toys. I don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: Google modern Woolies trolley. And then this one had a spot for your phone to put your phone in really yes, And it also had a drink cup holder, and it also had an aisle index like ale one bread, Ale two milk, Ale three dairy.
Speaker 1: Oh I found a photo. I know what you're talking about now.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Wow, Yeah, they are a bit fancy. I made one of those Woolworth metros that don't even fucking have jobs. I can't remember the last time I used the trolley now that I think about it. I've just got that little old lady trolley thing that you gave me for Christmas. Remember do you still use that? Yes, there's no trolley.
Speaker 3: Is that my?
Speaker 1: Woof God?
Speaker 2: I'm a good friend. And what a great gift that was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the cup hold, of the little handlebars, it does just look a little bit more sophisticated.
Speaker 2: It's just so much fun to hold. So Cole's lift your fucking game. I'm so excited for the future of trolleys in this country. I really am.
Speaker 1: As long as your bloody put them away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, put them away, Jess, thank you for coming on the show. Send us a DM to the couple of Miches in staff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, can I just say one thing before I go?
Speaker 1: You go on?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wanted to say thank you to you both for being the sweetest humans.
Speaker 4: I was going through remember harder time with mental health.
Speaker 2: Earlier in the year, as it burnt out.
Speaker 3: From work, and you buy to be and said message me whenever, And I thought that was really sweet.
Speaker 2: Of course, I mean, and I stand by it.
Speaker 3: When I've DM like you both separately, You've always.
Speaker 2: Replied, yeah, how are you doing?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: You're feeling good.
Speaker 3: So much better. And I just found out I'm pregnant too.
Speaker 1: Yes, gorgeous. Oh were to be burnt out all over again? Well, yeah, to talk to me again? And no I need to thank it. Although I will say a bit of a miracle that Cherry has leaped in with people who always reply, that's rare for him. You must be a special one. Yes, I know. I was shocked.
Speaker 3: He gave me a voice memory.
Speaker 2: That's my new thing. I send voice memos. It's so much easier than replying because I and I'll be honest. When I had my breakup and was very open on this podcast, I got so many nice messages from idiots. So when I get messages from the idiots, a lot of the other people I ignore, but the idiots I will never ignore because I adore themself.
Speaker 3: Much time.
Speaker 2: All right, Jess, we love you, thanks for listening to the show. Thanks, boys love you, and we love ya. If you want to get on the show as well, DMS couple of mitches and we'll get you on with it. Is it just you?
Speaker 1: Yep, you can DMS, or you can send us a text four double two nine four eight two two. That's how you get on with the Is it just me of your own?
Speaker 2: Definitely?
Speaker 1: Speaking of which, I've just learned that number off by heart, but I want every single one of our listeners, our darling idiots, to also learn the number off by heart. And so a little later in this episode, we're going to be coming up with a jingle for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'm actually nervous for this. We've done jingles before, but this is going to be.
Speaker 1: For random ship like trees.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is going to be for the actual show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're going to use this. Oh my gosh. We'll come back to that in a bit here.
Speaker 2: It's on the way right. So, as I mentioned on the last episode, and you'd see on my socials and it's all I'm really talking about God Christ on a bike. I'm exhausted. I'm on a national tour with the Life on Cut girls Brittany and Laura. They host the lifelun Cut podcast.
Speaker 1: They're also your radio co host.
Speaker 2: Yes, we host the pick Up every afternoon. Anyway, They've asked me to open for their podcast tour, so they're doing like two hours worth of podcast material. I do like ten minutes of stand up at the start.
Speaker 1: I didn't know you had a tight ten in your pocket.
Speaker 2: I do how far you lose? Actually I ran over by four minutes. They're like, hey, you're four minutes over. How selfish hoogging their time?
Speaker 3: Is that?
Speaker 2: Like a comics Is that bad? Is that? Should I not be doing that?
Speaker 1: Well, you're not really in a stand up setting now, But if they're trying to run an actual comedy night where there's a lineup of maybe seven or so, they usually put the more famous ones at the end. Then they get ten minutes and everyone else gets the type five interested if you run over, it's kind of like babes, stay in your lane.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're not the big name, got it? Anyway, So I'm doing some stand up. Very fun. I really enjoy it. I can see why you like it. It's very cool anyway, So I'm just touring with the girls, and we were in Adelaide. It was the first stop on the tour and we all go where like, fuck, it's starving, we're hungry.
Speaker 1: They didn't give you a snack on the flight.
Speaker 2: It was Virgin. We're flying Virgin. It's no quantas they usually have a snack. We didn't get it. You have to pay for it.
Speaker 1: Oh and it's always you need a physical card.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't like that. So we get off the flight, we go, let's get some let's get a sandwich. And it was Sole Origin Easy Airport food.
Speaker 1: So is this the incident that you mentioned Your co hosts Britain Laura were highly disappointed in you. Yes, so I now need to judge if I'm all said disappointed.
Speaker 2: Correct, don't don't forget that they are. You know, they're progressive queens. Their whole brand is that they're catchphrases we love love for God's sake, right. Their listeners are called a lifers.
Speaker 1: Does anyone hate love though we love love? Okay, I can't stand it personally.
Speaker 2: I'm sure there'd be one person. But it couldn't be more different from our podcast, like Week Await Our Idiots, Elicitors.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Anyway, So at the at the cafe getting food and everyone's just gotten off the plants. It's kind of a big line. So Britt orders her sandwich, Laura orders her sandwich. I go up and as I'm ordering, this couple of next to me and they're also ordering, and they are the quintessential Aussie boomers, probably fifty five to sixty five travelers, and they had just gotten to Adelaide. I shit you not? I love essay was what was written on this man's t shirt.
Speaker 1: Oh god, they're Oh yeah, he had it in a kubra on.
Speaker 2: He had one of those backpacks that looks like he was about to trek Nepal base camp to Mount Everest.
Speaker 1: I'm just picturing. They're the types that would have printed off all their tickets and their flight details. They printed them, yes, And.
Speaker 2: They had three suitcases and that she had a tote bag full of if. It was very sweet, and you could just hear in their tone they were a little stressed. You know, They've just got off the flight. They clearly had a connection or they had a bus to get on. Oh okay, So they're sitting there and.
Speaker 1: They're wearing IHEARTSA shirts and they've only just arrived. That's that's brave. How do you know?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's very true. So they're wearing the shirts, they're excited, and I go, I'm going to get one rap. I just want a chicken wrap. They've got kids as well, there are kids behind them. They've got friends, or they might be with a group. So they order a shit ton of food. So I'm talking to Britain Laura. We're having fun. I double tap my Apple paye, I pay past my food and the sole origin worker looks at me and goes, oh, no, no, sir, no, you've just paid for their meal.
Speaker 1: Oh really, yes, that's generous.
Speaker 2: Well hell hold on, and I go, oh shit, have I and she goes, yeah, yours was four dollars. Now how much was their? Mine was eight dollars. I don't embellish. Yours was eight dollars. Theirs was forty five. Wow for all their food. So I go, oh shit. The guy looks at me and he goes, oh, wish, what's happened? And I go, I'm so sorry, mat, I've just paid for your food and weird thing to apologize for. And he goes to me, thank you so much, mate, thank yous me on the shoulder.
Speaker 1: He thought it was a random act of condon.
Speaker 2: I thought it was a pay it forward. He thought I was on ellen. Oh so I go, oh no, no, no, no, can we please refu that if you don't mind, we'll refund it and we'll just sort it out, ah, because it just kind of I just felt in the moment. It was forty five dollars and I said, just refunded, and the lady went, you want me to refund it? And I said can you? She went yes, it's easy enough, so she refunded it. I paid mine, and the wife then cocked on and goes, thank you, honey, thank you?
Speaker 3: Are you?
Speaker 2: Are you traveling too? It's our first time here? And I sort of spoke to her and then said, oh no, I've it's been. It's been refunded now, so yeah, you'll have to you'll have to pay for that.
Speaker 1: Oh no.
Speaker 2: So then they went oh, oh all right, and I was so awkward. I just walked off, written Laura, see this all happen, And I'm mortified, like they they are genuinely mortified. They thought what I should have done was gone, you just pay for my eight dollar rap and we'll call it a day.
Speaker 1: Ah, this is tricky.
Speaker 2: How do you stand because because ethically I get it. In the moment, I was stressed, I'd just been on a long flight. I just it just came over me. And now I think about it, I go, fuck, I should just pay for their meal.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm surprised that you didn't take the opportunity to look like the good Samaritan. Don't even ask them to pay for your eight dollar rap. Oh just go oh, whoops, I paid for you for you. But it's fine. I got this. You guys enjoy. I'm surprised you didn't take the opportunity to kind of show off. I'm not made of money forty five but I know, but I just and also a tax right off because you're traveling. True, Oh my god?
Speaker 3: True?
Speaker 1: For work?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is for work. Now, I'm Mitchell. I didn't and I feel really bad. What would you have done? Would you have processed the refund?
Speaker 1: Well, you're within your right to ask for the refund, that's the thing. Yes, And so I probably would have asked for the refund if I just noticed the mistake and no one had overheard it. But if it gets to the point where they're thanking you, thinking you've done this kind of thing. That's where I'd be like, fuck, I'm in too deep. I'll just cop it, I'll own it and go No, you're so welcome, forty five dollars, No big deal, guys, enjoy your troop, have a safe one, blah blah blah. If they've already made the mistake and they think that you've shouted them and then you proceed to go, nah, I'm not fuck you.
Speaker 2: No, that's so awkward. I'm a people pleased by nature, and I'm trying to get out of That's why I'm surprised, I know, because I'm actively trying to not be a people pleaser because it's turning me. And in this moment, I was like, no, I've made a mistake. I'll just process it to what it should have been. And what was their reaction? I could not face them. I walked off. I had to wow. But the thing is all they had to do was just nothing. Nothing happened to them. They didn't they didn't get duoped, they didn't have any less money. In the end, they didn't. They didn't make any money, they didn't lose any money. They just paid for their lunch.
Speaker 1: They were obviously prepared to pay the forty five bucks. They're good for it, but that's not the issue. It was more just the fact that the kind jesture was ripped away from them and they were like, ah, maybe society isn't that great after all.
Speaker 2: Well, you know my energy as well. When something happens, I kind of just go into that weird boastful Bert Newton energy, yeah.
Speaker 1: Which is yeah. Like I said, I'm shocked that you didn't do that.
Speaker 2: The lady said to me, you've paid for their order and he said, what's what's happened? And I said, oh, paid for your food, mate, like that, so he assumed it was me going great for your food.
Speaker 1: It's fine, You're welcome.
Speaker 2: I was smiling so bad. I feel like such a bastard.
Speaker 1: I actually did that once at the supermarket. This is a few years ago before every single supermarket just had the fucking self serve. And sometimes I'm in the mood to you self serve. Sometimes I'm like, you know what, just someone else take it off my hands. Yeah, just so I can relax for a it, I'll let someone else do it. And this particular occasion, someone was going through it was like a middle aged woman and her son and they were just getting like a cold sandwich and like a little can of fant or something, and there wasn't enough money on her card. And then I could see her fucking rattling around her purse trying to find all the coins and gather together all the shrapnel for this food because there wasn't enough in her card. And I'd like to say that this was a random act of kindness from me, me just going I'll get it. Do worry, because I did do that. I just paid for it. But it wasn't because I was trying to be kind to a stranger. It's because I was in a fucking rush and I'm like the quicker we get this transaction sorted, then I'll be the next in line and I'm out of here totally. So because I didn't have the patience to deal with her pissing around in her purse, I was like, I'll just bloody pay for it. And she's like, thank you so much. That is so lovely, and I was like, it's so fine. And then after her transaction's done, we move on to mine, and she sort of alloitered a bit. I think she felt obliged to sort of get to know you anyway. She goes, oh, thank you so much. Normally this wouldn't happen, and just kept going on and on, and I was like, no, it's fine, it's done, it's sorted, we're done.
Speaker 2: Go yeah, move here in the way. How much was it in the end? How much did you pay?
Speaker 1: Oh, it might have been eleven bucks or something.
Speaker 2: That's fine.
Speaker 1: They got like a bloody supermarket sandwich and I can to drink each or something. I can't remember exactly. This was a few years ago, but I was just like, yeah, I sawt it. It's fine because I could tell that she was a bit frazzled too. But yeah, I did a random act of kindness to a stranger. You hadn't have been forty five bucks. I'd like to think I would.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, well, you just throw money all your problems that to you solve everything.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It doesn't always work, though, Like I've got a sore neck, I'm going to piss away so much money on fucking massages Cairo appointments. The next still saw yes, But in my mind, I'm like, I'm trying to pay for it to go away, so surely it will.
Speaker 2: You've got the deep heat spray, you've got the hot heap spray, You've got every trick there is. You've got the massage that sits in your lound room couch for people to use.
Speaker 1: You know what I found out the other day. Yes, I've got a scan downder my neck.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: And the report from the scan said that I was showing signs of straight neck. I was like, how dare you call my neck straight?
Speaker 2: Nothing straight about it?
Speaker 1: How fucking dare you? And I was like, what does that even mean? And apparently it means instead of having that natural sea curve in your neck, it's kind of just straight like a ruler. Oh. And I was like, oh, I think that might be self inflicted. Why because, in amongst me trying to improve my posture after all the RSI and the fucking injuries and stuff from having poor posture and poor ergonomics, when I sit up straight, you know, if you're told to sit up straight, I think instinctively I just sit the whole body up straight, including the neck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course.
Speaker 1: And so I think I've accidentally given myself a straight neck.
Speaker 2: You've misaligned yourself.
Speaker 1: So now I'm deliberately having to like curve it like this. It's very weird.
Speaker 2: You've got a straight neck.
Speaker 1: There's a lot to think about. You'd think just sitting on a chair, you can just sit and relax. Now there's so much to think about. I'm like, oh, is my back straight enough? But the neck's not straight enough? The shoulders of relaxing, but a lot going on. So I just throw money at it and hope that it'll be fixed.
Speaker 2: And you've still got the straightest neck of all time. Listens to nickelback, google straight neck. I'm looking for photos.
Speaker 1: You'll see the difference. I don't have a full on straight neck, but I'm showing early signs of straight neck.
Speaker 2: Did you get an mri.
Speaker 1: Ct?
Speaker 2: Shit? Straight neck comes up? It's a thing, yeah, also known as military neck.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wow, you're supposed to have a C. So are you actively trying to curve it now?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: Show me look. Oh your poor thing. It's going to give you a fucking headache.
Speaker 1: Oh I've already got a headache.
Speaker 2: Hosting this show with you? Is it just me? Make sure you leave a review on your podcast app.
Speaker 1: If you don't, you're a little bitch. Now with you are not yet a part of our Facebook group in Endurant Idiots. I don't know what's taken you so long, Christ.
Speaker 2: On a Bike. If you're a fan on this show, you should be in our Facebook group.
Speaker 1: I like to think that most people listening right now are already part of Endurant Idiots on Facebook. But hey, if I'm wrong and you right now listening have not yet joined the group, I'll pop a link in the show notes today, because you've got to get amongst it. And this is where we get a lot of feedback. Most of it's lovely feedback. Sometimes it's a bit of criticism, but that's okay. We'll cop it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we can take it on the gin. We can cop it on the gin. It's also a nice little community we've built. There's such a sweet I love it hearts in the group.
Speaker 1: It's so gorgeous. I love that people just shit post random things that come to their mind in that group too. It's my favorite part of it. So we got this post from Harley that said, I'm sitting in the waiting area at the doctor's office and what plays on TV none other than the Reading writing Hotline. I had no idea that ad was still on air. We all remember this ad, don't we. If you have trouble reading, that's something you can fix.
Speaker 4: One three double oh six triple five that's the reading writing hot die one pree double oh six triple.
Speaker 2: Five six iconic my childhood sounds like my childhood.
Speaker 1: I think they changed the jingle though, that's the og that's the iconic one that everyone remembers.
Speaker 2: It's way more catchy, so boring. Why would you change a jingle if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Speaker 1: Let me find the new one. The new one's not as good. It's just some bloke, is it really?
Speaker 2: Is it like a remixed version of the original. No? Oh, that's stupid. Ready, what dumb male CEO made that choice?
Speaker 5: One three double old six triple five or six?
Speaker 1: Awful?
Speaker 2: It could change your life, could it? Just that's disgusting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I said that one, not as you. But hey, we all remember the number, don't we?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: That other point six T five six.
Speaker 1: And so we also got another post in our Facebook group. A lot of jingle chat in our group this week, lots of chat.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We got this from Kinan. It said, I feel like in the interest of remembering the phone number, a jingle needs to be made for the new phone number because we used to have a different text line right the people could text us on and then we had to get a new number, and it took me ages to memorize the new number off by heart. I had the old one down, pat, I memorized that pretty quick, and then I had this new number to try and remember. So Cannan has a point. Maybe it's easier for me and everyone else to remember it if there's an iconic jingle, because there's something to be said for jingles, isn't there?
Speaker 2: Oh, one hundred percent everyone people have their favorite jingles. But also at the end of the day, I remember watching the Celebrity Apprentice all these years ago and the head of the marketing gurus, I think it was Mark Boris from the Yellow Brick Road. It was like, a jingle is so important, and one of the challenges was come up with a jingle, And to this day I still remember the jingles.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's got a point. I'm surprised that we didn't think of this ourselves.
Speaker 2: We're stupid, we're marketing geniuses, but we didn't think of it.
Speaker 1: So just for a bit of inspiration, right now, I'm doing a top five jingles. Okay, Oh, I love it so much. The top five Yeah, because that bloody reading running hotline gave me a fat nostalgia hit. So here's a few more.
Speaker 2: Okay, So these are they all Australian? Where are these jingles coming from?
Speaker 1: Yeah? These are all Aussie?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Okay.
Speaker 1: And so coming in at number five, this is a more recent one. This is not a nostalgic. This isn't from our childhood. But I couldn't not include it because I just think that it's so effective. Right, So maybe I should quizz you before I play the gingle. I'll tell you who it is and see if you remember it. I remember the number, which, no, it's not a number. Not all of these involve a phone number. Ours will, of course, yes, but let's just see if you remember all these jingles before I have to play them to Okay, I'm ready. So coming in at number five, Hello, it's menu log.
Speaker 2: Oh god, did somebody say menu log?
Speaker 4: Correct?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Right, that's that's these.
Speaker 2: It is funny though, because in other countries it's it's not menulogue, it's something else.
Speaker 1: It's just eats. It's just eat.
Speaker 4: Somebody say, just eat.
Speaker 2: And they got Katie Perry singing the song. Yeah, I've got that one to Yeah, oh my god, Oh she wants to curry in a hurry.
Speaker 1: That was like she wants to eat some sushi while she watches a movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course, and then we all do. It's natural. Yeah, you love the Katie Perry version. And we'll say it really had a moment culturally, like people were listening to it as a song, like.
Speaker 1: It's on Spotify an Apple, like you can stream the song like a normal song. Yeah. I think that.
Speaker 2: I think it's brilliant. Those ads put they pump so much money into those My gods.
Speaker 1: But it worked well, did it? Because I actually forget that menulogue exists. Sometimes I don't use it, but I have brand recognition. I know it exists, but I would.
Speaker 2: Never use it now, Coming in at number four in the top five jingles interesting Bunning's Warehouse going, Yeah, Bunning's ware House lowest prices are just the beginning. You didn't even sing the jingle bell Bunny's were House. Yeah, that's all you need here, it is during this bit you've usually got someone in an apron going, you know, Bunnings is the best place to spoil Dad. This Father's Day one Bunnies gift cap.
Speaker 1: There's so many options for Father's Day. Fry up Low was crisis just the beginning, but perfect.
Speaker 2: Fuck, that's so good.
Speaker 1: And they've had that same jingle for ages. That's all you need, that little Bunnings ware house, just that little too.
Speaker 2: And they will never change it. And if they do, stupidity, well why would that? Why would you have to change? And it's always what I even know their secondary tagline, which is find a cheaper item elsewhere will.
Speaker 1: Beat it by ten percent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 1: Now I got a bit torn about what to put in the top three. Oh god, so I'll also give you honorable honorable mentions later. Okay, but I ran with this because it's simple, it's effective. It's just a quick little jingle.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: What is the brand coming in at number three? It's Amy Oh yeah, Lucky Yo with ambing. That's all you need, Lucky Yore with Amy oh yeah. Effective, Yeah, dorgeous.
Speaker 2: Their ads are great. They have fun in their ads. They got that beautiful brunette girl with a bob. She's got their EP.
Speaker 1: They've always got it. I always, as a kid thought that the woman at the end of the ad was surmising at the camera that's Amy, And then I'm like, what the fuck the FreeCast Amy?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, there is Yeah coming in at number two. Okay, schmackos. Oh yeah, dogs go wackos, Dogs go wakos for shmackos.
Speaker 1: Just say it like that.
Speaker 2: You're not going to sing at Mitchell.
Speaker 1: I love it perfect, right, that's so funny. So I think this is when we're coming up with our jingle. We need to remember short and short, just one line or something I.
Speaker 2: Agree doesn't need to be long, or what's number one I'm nervous? Or honorable mentions.
Speaker 1: First honorable mentions were good guys, but that's a full song, the good, good good whatever. No, No, that's actually what I want to do with our jingle though cover of an actual song. We just insert our number into it.
Speaker 2: Can we could do it? Yeah?
Speaker 1: And then the other number one, the other honorable mention was just like another example of a very quick little jingle. Maya oh, maya master bang affected, but I've got one more Yeah, go.
Speaker 2: On, Amber has the its nomember. That's a good tile place.
Speaker 1: None of these actually include a phone number, No, they done it.
Speaker 2: That's the problem.
Speaker 1: That's going to be the challenge is making our phone number sound catchy.
Speaker 2: Fuck, I don't even remember it. That's the problem. You need to make people remember that. That's why that's a later issue. What's number one on the top five jingles?
Speaker 1: Well, coming in at number one is just because it's so damn catchy and iconic. It's Banana boat.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, banana.
Speaker 4: It's it's the house and that.
Speaker 1: God. I love that. And you bet you're ass. When I'm going to the chemist to buy some sunscreen and I see a little tube of Banana boat in my head, I'm going banana Yeah.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Maguel, thank Youl. Who the fuck is that guy singing?
Speaker 1: What an icon?
Speaker 3: I know?
Speaker 1: I wish we could find out who the Banana boat baby is today. Should we be in his thirties? Wouldn't he'd have to be? Should I google that banana they have an updated there.
Speaker 2: I wonder if Banana boud Ha an Instagram or a social presence.
Speaker 1: When I google Banana boat Baby, it just comes up with their baby sunscreen, so it doesn't actually come up with where is the baby? Now?
Speaker 2: That's what I want to know, and their social presence sucks. What do you mean I can't seem to find anything?
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter that jingle that's all your fucking need. It's true.
Speaker 2: Who needs a fucking Instagram? Okay, so the stress is real. So we need to come up with a jingle for our iGEM phone line.
Speaker 1: Yes, and I think we should do what good guys did where they weave it into a pop culture song. So you already know the tune.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, what's an I GEM? What's what artist is aligned with I GEM?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: Good question. What do you think like Gaga or Kylie Minogus something totally.
Speaker 2: It's got to be someone quick coded one for you.
Speaker 1: By the way, if you're going to help me with this is you're gonna have to write down the number so that you know it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Shit, that's a four double two nine.
Speaker 2: Com it down?
Speaker 1: Do you want me to say it again?
Speaker 2: One sec?
Speaker 1: Okay, go four double two yeah? Nine four eight.
Speaker 2: Nine four eight two o two two two yeah.
Speaker 1: So we need to weave that into a pop song. Okay.
Speaker 2: It kind of rolls off the tongue for two nine four eight two o two.
Speaker 1: Yeah. They gave me like three numbers to choose from, and I chose that one because I thought it sounded the most catchy. Okay, I think that if we find a song that has like the word two or you in it, yeah, then that is an easy way to rhyme. Oh four two two Yeah, what's the song that has you in it?
Speaker 3: You like?
Speaker 4: That's Kurt Baby, it's you?
Speaker 2: Oh fie to two Beyonce. Okay, that's where he asked, he's very hot at the moment, renaissance.
Speaker 1: What's that song called?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Come on baby, it's true fine.
Speaker 1: For a two? Oh no the time it doesn't work.
Speaker 4: No, it's a parka Come mom baby, it's oh fo two two nine for eight two.
Speaker 1: I like being able to say double two Yeah, I agree. But do we want other lyrics in there? Or is it just the number? Because maybe, like the reading writing hotline, it's just the one three, double oh six, triple five oh six.
Speaker 2: I think we want that the number. Yes, So maybe we just need to find out a nice rhythm that works with the number.
Speaker 1: Songs with you. You're on the right track with that. You thought of one with you in it? But what's like, what about adele? Someone like you?
Speaker 4: So double two nine four eight to whoa two?
Speaker 2: Is it just that's good?
Speaker 1: That could be? Hold on?
Speaker 2: Do that again?
Speaker 1: Oh? I don't know? Can I should? I get the carry? I keep? Will go class alight?
Speaker 4: Is it just you.
Speaker 2: Go somewhere with the rainbow?
Speaker 1: Does that have an oo sounding? Wha? What are you thinking? Oh?
Speaker 4: Double nine four.
Speaker 2: Eight two oh two?
Speaker 1: And then what where do you go up in there? Is it just you?
Speaker 2: Christmas Carol would be good? Sent to baby what oh for two to nine four eight to two oh two?
Speaker 1: Like I'll go to the course.
Speaker 4: Unnel nine for a two?
Speaker 2: Oo?
Speaker 3: Is it you.
Speaker 1: Call on podcast?
Speaker 2: We don't need a full extended version.
Speaker 1: It's just so tempting to get carried away, isn't it.
Speaker 2: But the thing is it's not jingle.
Speaker 1: No, it's a bit sad. I don't mind like an emotional ballad song because you know I'm a slut for a good ballad. But that's just a little bit too slow.
Speaker 2: I think I agree you.
Speaker 1: What's a song with you or two or anything? Is it too vague to just google songs with you in it? That could be literally every song ever.
Speaker 2: For two to nine four eight two oh two. That's padam that doesn't rhyme okay, songs with you?
Speaker 1: There's with or without You by you two? No, that doesn't work.
Speaker 2: What about who you know? Who are you?
Speaker 3: Who?
Speaker 2: Who?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: For four?
Speaker 1: No, but then you can't say too to again because that's the wrong number.
Speaker 2: But that's a good.
Speaker 6: Far.
Speaker 2: That'd be perfect ship the name for age really fuckings, Mitchell.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it really is. Anyone listening right now that could be shouting at their phone being like, I've got an idea. I've got an idea. Please put it in the group. Please let us we need this jingle.
Speaker 2: And let's be real. We might create this jingle, Mitchell, and then we could you know, just like the reading writing hotline, it could be revised.
Speaker 1: That's true, So it's all right. I'd rather nail it the first time. Of course, I think I should properly get Roving Report at Oscar to record the vocals. Oh my god, that's really play it every week. Well, neither of us have to worry about remembering the number.
Speaker 2: No, of course, and Roving Report Oscar is a genuine talented singer. Yeah, he does shows, he does gigs and shiit very talented. It's a really good idea, Mitchell, But.
Speaker 1: We need to nail which song we're going to do is I think I think Adele's on the short list. I just think it's a bit too sticks, it's too worries me. What about the Friends theme song? Oh for double two? None for a too? Oh two oh for double two? Non for a too too?
Speaker 2: Oh Yeah, I'll be there for you, I wasn't the rem brands, Yes, oh too. I think it's You've got to drag it out more?
Speaker 1: Oh for double two?
Speaker 2: A too too?
Speaker 4: Oh for double two?
Speaker 1: Oh wow?
Speaker 2: That too too?
Speaker 1: Which could be onto something with that.
Speaker 2: That's a good jingle, that could be the bed for these It just you? But then is it too friends? We're gonna sound like a fucking Friends podcast.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 2: We don't want people to think we're a Netflix special.
Speaker 1: But also that show and that theme song are widely recognized, so it could be good.
Speaker 2: They're associated with Friends, though it's not us. People don't think you'd you when they hear that song.
Speaker 1: We'll add that to the short list.
Speaker 2: The idiots can vote which ones we take to the studio and actually record like a sick vocal for yes, beat as they say, jam, oh my god, we should do a recording session. Have you seen that TikTok of Nicki Minaj laying her beats.
Speaker 1: No, oh my god, it's so funny.
Speaker 2: We could just do that.
Speaker 1: I just don't know. We've got Adele and friends, but I don't know. I'm looking through the bloody list of things that just have you in the title, and it's just not nothing but hopelessly devoted to you by Levy Newton.
Speaker 2: Joho said, that's not going to.
Speaker 1: What about They've got because of You by Kelly Clarkson, Big guys, are you? But it'll be over two?
Speaker 2: Are we doing too too?
Speaker 4: Oh far, too too nine for eight two.
Speaker 2: To zero two, it'll need to be a zero.
Speaker 1: It's the second it's now a zero.
Speaker 2: Sure you're onto something. Hold I do that again? Really?
Speaker 4: Oh for too nine four eight to zero two.
Speaker 1: Nine for egg and then he could do the key change and everything to zero two.
Speaker 2: He should give us multiple examples.
Speaker 1: See, I feel like that's slow but not too slow. Like it's a passionate ballad. But the lyrics are quick, the karaoke karaoke. I feel really good about this. Kelly's queer adjacent, she's gay culture.
Speaker 2: Here we go, here we go, I'll skip forward. We get the number on.
Speaker 4: The hard week.
Speaker 1: Here we go to never let her get that far. This is our scready far.
Speaker 4: To night for a to zero two, that's great, to night a to zero two.
Speaker 6: I thought to night for a to zero two if you get a bit tricky to tell, No, Oh my god, that's it.
Speaker 2: No, that is so us.
Speaker 1: That is currently my first preference, followed by Friends.
Speaker 2: Friends is really good. I think it's more passionate, more passionate, it's more ass it's Kelly. We have to get we need to get to the studio, and I think I could hear. I can just picture Oscar nailing the Mitchell just leads back in his chaerirry, so happy with himself.
Speaker 1: Well we got there eventually. Yeah, I can't believe. I mean, we'll put a thread in the Facebook greed. You can vote on those three Adele, Kelly or the Friends theme song. All suggests songs that we've forgotten, because it's surprisingly challenging to think of a song that hasn't oo.
Speaker 2: Can I say we struggled a lot with that. And then when we were trying to do a hobby hunt opener fucking.
Speaker 1: And we had three options, we just needed any song with three syllables.
Speaker 2: Wow, I'm really pleased with that, Mitchell. We do really well.
Speaker 1: Well, this isn't going to happen overnight. We'll take on board the feedback. Once again, this is not mine and michestingle, it's our jingle. Correct, idiot, it's the Idiot Collaborative. Welcome over the next few weeks and we'll get back to you. Also, we have the capability to record in a broadcast studio, so this.
Speaker 2: Will sound really good easily. I'm so excited for this. All right, Well, in the coming weeks. We will update you in the coming shows. Let's go for the time being.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're going to get out of here.
Speaker 2: God, that was a fun, fun little Wednesday episodes are a touch more unhinge.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they definitely are. I was at belting Kelly Clarkson at the top of my thunders.
Speaker 2: Great to have you all listening. Thank you, five star review, Apple Podcasts, Spotify, write something if you like we said, if you haven't joined the Injuring Idiots Facebook group, e n DU are a NT idiot endurance which isn't actually a word.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I thought it was when I called it that, it's not. Do you want the origin story of the group I remember, do you can you tell it then.
Speaker 2: This will be good fashions? Yes, no, I do because the podcast has a special place in my part. What's it called again Injurian Idiots? We created it because we wanted to drop the first episode early.
Speaker 1: It was originally called Impatient Idiots. Yes, because we've been promoting for weeks in advance. The first ever episode of is It Just Me will drop on this day and there were a lot of hungry not my cup of tea fans but listen to the old podcast that were team for the new one. Yes, and so because we've been promoting that day and then for one reason or another, station management intervened and said we had to push back the launch. There was controversy at the time. Actually it was when Kyle Sandaland's insulted Virgin Mary and the whole Christian faith was upset with us. So they just said, we don't want to draw any attention to the station.
Speaker 2: Just why lo the entire Christian fate, every single one of them, they're like two puffs starting a podcast at this time. The last thing we need when all eyes are on this station breaks the Christian camel's back and so we had to push it back, and so, because there were so many people keen for the launches, I made a Facebook group called Impatient Idiots where I put a drop box link to the first episode on the promised release date.
Speaker 1: Yes, because they were impatient they couldn't wait for the show. And then we just kept the group because so many people joined, and change it to endurance, as in like you've stuck byas you're enduring us. Correct. Then it turns out I don't know. I don't think endurant is actually a word, which.
Speaker 2: Is hard because people always struggle it. They always think it's an eye.
Speaker 1: They go I and indurant, Yeah, like you're an injured idiot.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Imagine being like, oh sorry, I can't walk up the stairs. I'm endurant.
Speaker 2: I'm fucking this gorgeous twint.
Speaker 1: What's his name?
Speaker 5: Durant?
Speaker 1: Are you endurant?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You right. Anyway, you were saying, we gotta get out.
Speaker 2: Of our loves, we'll see you in a week.
Speaker 1: We'll catch you back on Monday, and again tap the notification bell so that you don't forget about our gorgeous Wednesday episode bell out see your idiots, bye bye.
Speaker 2: Is it just me a podcast by a couple of imaches. Make sure you've hit follow on your podcast.
Speaker 1: Welcome to A to d Brie. Hmm, this is our secret segment on the end. I've got all this energy now that we've been singing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm too.
Speaker 1: Can we start every episode? Not even recorded? We just privately sing karaoke to get me all read up.
Speaker 2: I can do that. We can do that.
Speaker 3: Do we do it?
Speaker 2: We've done it in the last like ten showers. We've done karaoke like five of them.
Speaker 1: And there's been some sort of gift exchange.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: In the last episode, he gave me this squish mellow.
Speaker 2: Yeah. What was his name again? Nicaragua Camello, Parker Balls, Camillo Camillo, Yeah, Caramelo Camillo.
Speaker 1: That works.
Speaker 2: My dad is in the house because I can hear him stomping above my bedroom. Could you hear him before?
Speaker 1: I couldn't hear a thing.
Speaker 2: Christ is so loud. He's the heaviest food.
Speaker 1: So do you reckon?
Speaker 2: He'd be willing to give me a pep talk. Dad doesn't work with texts. You need to call him. Oh is he coming? Mark?
Speaker 1: Hello, he's just walked in. He knew his text.
Speaker 2: We're recording the podcast.
Speaker 1: I was just telling everyone what a lovely father you are, and then you walk in and go, what do you want? Fuck?
Speaker 5: Honestly, I've got so much to do, so many places to be, people to see what's going on here?
Speaker 2: Bitches, bites.
Speaker 1: So Mitch has mentioned in passing a few times on the podcast that you send him inspirational quotes and bloody self help.
Speaker 3: Mo.
Speaker 1: You're in touch with your feelings. You're a modern man, and it sounds like you pump up his tires every day. And so I just wanted to get a taste of what it would be like to be a cheery son and see if you can give me a bit of a pep talk or something like what's today's little nugget of wisdom?
Speaker 2: Help Mitch out with life? Oh that's deep, but you're a deep man by all account you are. You've got to talk right into the microphone as well. You got today's snippets of wisdom? Okay, But first of all, why do you send them to me? Do you do it just because you think? Do you see them? And do you think of your son?
Speaker 1: Or do you see because it's hard out here for a bitch, You know.
Speaker 5: It is I suppose it's just you know, I worry about you as a father, and I'd.
Speaker 1: Be worried too.
Speaker 5: You do not worry about me? Well, I think intuitively parents do. Parents are conscious of what their kids are going through. And I often, you know, I'm deep, so I often think about you, and when I do, often get inspiration. And it might simply be to let you know that I'm thinking of you, to let you know that I'm supportive of the position you might be in at that time.
Speaker 1: Can you go through your chat history and just find an example.
Speaker 2: Text me the other day because I was very stressed before I flew to Perth, remember, and you wanted to talk and chat and I just didn't have a time. You said, you said, enjoy the moment, Mitchell. This is literally on Thursday. Wow, enjoy the moment, as stressful as it may be. Love Dad. All will unravel, as they say x ex dad.
Speaker 1: All will unravel. Yeah, that's not very uncomfortable. You will have it unraveling.
Speaker 5: You know what, Kumji.
Speaker 2: Can I call you kumci?
Speaker 1: Of course you famously do.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I do. You know, everything does unravel. I think one of the big learnings I have again getting deep. As you get older, you often want to fix things very quickly, and you often assume is a solution straight away. Most of the time there isn't. The solution is simply going through a process. I think perspective of that process is staged and doesn't happen immediately is something that I'm really conscious of.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's okay, that's interesting because I'm quite solution oriented. I like to you are just nipped in the butt fix things quickly, and.
Speaker 5: Do you find that when you can't you might potentially get frustrated or.
Speaker 1: Oh I get fucked up the wall? Ser get so pistikeic he does get.
Speaker 5: Fucking anxious, right, yep, And you know what I did too.
Speaker 2: True.
Speaker 5: And now that I've accepted the fact that everything is stages and I won't fix it straight away has allowed me to, I think, be a little bit more calmer. I think the wisdom is right that we're going to be really, really self aware of ourselves. And you know, I'm learning, even at my age right to be very self aware of my impact on others. So I want to give back and giving back, whether it's to my son, whether it's to you, Kumci, who I've grown to affectionately look at with a lot of what's the right word. It's not attraction, is it's it's not sexual, not sexual at times, it's certainly a feeling. I could cuddle him, of.
Speaker 2: Course, I've thought that in the more recent weeks that I mean, I hugged him this morning and he didn't.
Speaker 5: He didn't sort of freeze.
Speaker 2: It was quite warm, that wouldn't free I went, I was like, come here, so you know, I just love Awareness is key, It's key everything, and everything starts with the self.
Speaker 1: To be honest, he still didn't think of a word to describe how he feels to me.
Speaker 5: I think I think you're growing up. I'll be honest, I think you're growing on me. And okay, i'll go deep.
Speaker 2: Three words. Growing on me?
Speaker 5: You think I was a real cow because I didn't know you, And then the reality is I don't know you very well. What I do know is I know you from being Mitchell's partner in this show, and I know you from the couple of times that we've spent time together. As I get to know you, and as you get to understand somebody, you either embrace it and like it or you don't. And I like it.
Speaker 1: Oh that's good. I didn't repulsey. That's nice.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, the other thing I find what's very attractive about you is your directness, your honesty, and I think that's very authentic, and I actually find that very endearing.
Speaker 1: Really because you would say some people don't like that, right, Oh yeah, some people think I'm a bit too blunted, bordering on rude. But that's okay.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, but you know what, fuck, let's take it with a grain of salt, like you actually don't mean anything personally, it's just your nature.
Speaker 1: No, I don't go around lashing out of people, but I don't waste my words.
Speaker 5: But I bet you've got a nice circle of friends who like it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course.
Speaker 2: But it's also then we used to clash because I'm the opposite. We're very opposite in that regard.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and that's probably why you compliment each other. Oh no, it is the only other thing depth of conversation.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 5: The reality is, whether it's personal or professional, the best partner is the one that brings the best out in you. And often the person that brings the best out in you is the one who's opposite to you, and you both compliment each other, and I feel that's the magic you boys have.
Speaker 2: I'm going through my DMS with Dad because he loves an instagrel. Yes, he sent me one that says ten signs of a high vibration person vibration person.
Speaker 1: You love these DA video. Actually, I want to hear Mark's explanation. What's the high vibration person?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, What I remember briefly from that high vibration person is someone who's authentic or someone who I think has similar values to you. I think someone who is compassionate. I think a high vibration person who's someone who's kind.
Speaker 1: What's a low vibration person?
Speaker 5: A fuck head, not fucking compassionate, fucking kind, dickheads who pretend to be something they're not. Yeah, that's what I like about you. What you see is what you get.
Speaker 1: You're authentic.
Speaker 2: He doesn't try to he doesn't put on anything, and I know that's why he likes working with you, because ultimately, you know people.
Speaker 5: Mitchell's very trusting, and so am I. So when you trust, you want to be around people that you actually do what they say and are what they are, and so trusting people usually are around authentic people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I said, it's so insightful.
Speaker 1: When it comes to advice. But someone who feels like he doesn't know me that well, I'm like, well you hit the nail on the hand, Well.
Speaker 2: Pull this way.
Speaker 5: I honestly say this, if could, I would. I want to spend twenty four hours on a plane with you. Fuck you.
Speaker 1: I want to get it.
Speaker 2: I want to get on the pitch with you. Yeah, did you have do you have an is it just me? Of your own?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: Do you have you listened to the show when we both have at Is it just me? Is it just me?
Speaker 1: Or or better?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Maybe? Because you're for all intents and purposes, you're a guest right now, I'll ask you this.
Speaker 2: You can't ask no, I don't.
Speaker 1: Why not, Well, because he's not a guest, it's not appropriate. I'd be I think he's the perfect person to add to our list of things better than drugs and dick ool. Yeah. We ask every guest to contribute to something. It's like a little pleasure in life, you know, like a cool breeze running through your hair or something like that. Something that's not a mindful moment, if you like.
Speaker 2: So, it's not drugs. We've asked all our guests, fuck.
Speaker 5: What comes to mind, and don't judge me, but as an I love having a forty five minute Turkish steam and then I love diving into the cold pool rocking your body.
Speaker 2: Well, Mitchell, it's your ice bath.
Speaker 1: Yes, I did that last week on the podcast. I mean I felt good afterwards, but that dive is just too much to bear. Honestly, it's hard work. It's what you like. You're like a steam, Turkish steam.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's great, just a Turkish steam. You know what makes a Turkey should about the Turkish steam? I did in Turkey.
Speaker 1: I need to know what a Turkey steam is.
Speaker 5: It's basically a steam room instead of a sauna. Oh okay, interesting hot they pop hot steam. So we like being in the tropics. You know when it's ninety degrees humidity, but it's really good. You sweat like a pig, your body temperature goes up. It's really cool, and then you dive into something really cold. I love. That's If you said to me what makes you feel good about yourself, I'd say that's a moment when I go wow, I'm fucking jumping out of my skin.
Speaker 1: Yeah wow. So you go for boiling hot on purpose and then freezing cold on purpose.
Speaker 5: If you do it, as soon as you come out of the steam room and dive in the cold water, your body goes into shock. Adrenaline goes through your body and Bexu's fight off light and you you just feel charged instead of having a hit of Say say you're having a hit a cocaine and we're having ten shots of alcohol. It's fundamentally nearly the same feeling because it's just dopamine running through your body and it's a natural high.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but having twelve shots or whatever, that doesn't involve being freezing cold for twelve.
Speaker 5: But you don't come across to me as a bit of a pussy.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not. I'll give it a guy. But like, also, it's just so easy for me to go. I can't be bothered doing this plunge night it's too cold.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Do you think you and I have a lot in common?
Speaker 5: Too much?
Speaker 2: You think no?
Speaker 5: But I do think we have a lot in common here, Yeah, yes, just being funny. Did you get where your humor from?
Speaker 2: Kimci Well?
Speaker 1: I was talking to Mark about a psycho analyzing your boat's on the night of your birthday, and we established that you're both the same in that you're a bit of a class clown. You know, you're extroverted, but then you also really need that fucking cocoon time at home to recharge. Yeah, yeah, I often need time to Just last night, I came home.
Speaker 2: I got back from Perth at fucking ten o'clock at night, and you had friends and family over and I just couldn't speak. Yeah, I just did not want to talk. And they're like, you've just come back from doing comedy, make us laugh, and I just couldn't even speak.
Speaker 5: But you know, most days I'm like that at night because all my day I don't do what you guys do, but my day's talking to people all day on the TAN. Yeah. So you get home and the last thing and I'm on the phone for an hour and a half driving home. Last thing you want to do is talk like that. Bit unlucky. Michelle's the same, So hold suicide for sick Mitch. So we get home, Sean, and we're both just veg right happy to do that. There's no stress, of course, and then we wake up in the morning and we switch on. Yeah, I will share a mate with you when you came home last night and you were completely droned out, which is cool, we get it. Exhausted, you went for a walk, a run for a run, and I was really inspired by that. And I actually told Tom your trainer this morning.
Speaker 2: We have the same person. Yeah, what the fuck? I was exhausted and I needed the endorphins.
Speaker 5: Combs, you had a deep question for you.
Speaker 2: Finish the story. Finish the story.
Speaker 1: I just want the praise for my trainer.
Speaker 2: What did he say?
Speaker 5: He's blown away, but I told him, I said. What inspired me about that was that Mitchell now recognizes that he has a mechanism to help him do with stress. And if we have a mechanism to do with stress, we're going to have a pretty damn good life. Yes, the run did Yeah, it was good. Theorphins are to go with You haven't done that? When was the last time put aside since your health rejuvenation? Did you do that before?
Speaker 2: God? No, no, no, unless that was a new McDonald's menu item and run there?
Speaker 5: Is it fair to say that that's going to be your way of operating for a long time now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course I've learned that it's good. Cool in a big change now, were you're about to psycho analyze Mitchell.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you had a deep the question for me, it's worries.
Speaker 2: He's forgotten it.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: I do think you have ADHD undiagnosed. You have a little bit, yeah, KUMSI. It came back to me, what is your stress relief?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I do like me my pilates and my bar classes. They're good for things like that. I know I probably need to learn from you guys and find a good one work on that.
Speaker 5: So basically, probably what I'm hearing is you have a couple you just haven't really thought deeply about, Well, what is my go to stress relief When I've got a lot of stress happening? What's my primary? I mean there's primary and second with everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in the past they've been the non helpful one. It's like your vages and your alcohol. Yeah, so I need to find a new one.
Speaker 5: Well, for me, I must admit I'll have a smoke if I'm feeling stressed. I'll pull out a cigarette first. I won't exercise first. I have a smoke first because it's easy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I try to get him to stop it.
Speaker 2: I don't talk too many smokes really, yeah, it's my way of saying, if you want to see your grandchildren issues, I.
Speaker 5: Think now you get the perspective. Parents are hard on their kids and you're hard on me, for example. So it's really Yeah, it's a in yang thing, isn't It's interesting. You could really investigate that one.
Speaker 2: We could have a time. Thank you Mark Chu for your appearance on the show today.
Speaker 1: We should actually get your father because we've got this one insightful line that we say at the end of every episode, and so because you're here and you're the queen of being insightful, probably can you just read that out? You can say it.
Speaker 5: We hope this podcast makes you feel at least one point five percent better today. That's all just one point five percent better.
Speaker 1: So we did do.
Speaker 5: I love it?
Speaker 2: That was great.
Speaker 1: We got very church. You do two episodes a week, so that's three percent better. All we want is a three percent increase.
Speaker 5: I want to add something to that.
Speaker 2: Can I okay?
Speaker 5: So I really love it, but it is you know what I just had any intuition, and it is when feeling stressed, look inside yourself first. I know it's deep, mean, it's deep.
Speaker 1: I don't know what that means, well, it.
Speaker 5: Just means look inside, look at yourself first. Whenever there's a moment. This is what I'm learning. You've got to look at yourself first because the first thing we often do is blame our external environment, or we blame someone. The buses are late, the trains are late. That fucker drove in front of me, My wife's a bitch, my boyfriend fucked around on me. It could be one hundred different things that we blame. And what I'm going to say is you have to ask yourself, what is my contribution to this situation? I mean, now that's deep, but you have to ask that because it takes two people to fucking dance. Of course, it's yeah, of course, And if you do that, guess what your energy goes on you First, Not to blame on the other person. If you solve yourself, you'll actually see the other person much clearer.
Speaker 1: Well, not to end on that note, can you just get your father on the show.
Speaker 2: Dad would be a great feeling host. Yeah, thank you, Dad, It was great. We'll keep being on the pod now you're excited. Thanks.
Speaker 5: Guys.
Speaker 2: When this fucking drops, you'll have to send it to him and I have to listen to the link and you won't know how to hear it.
Speaker 1: So you've got this life advice on tap all day every day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it becomes you.
Speaker 1: I don't think I would. You would most I'd be like I needed to hear that next time he ignores you your life advice and it to me instead, we listen.
Speaker 2: We need to to wrap the podcast, to wrap, Goody Pleasure Ben listen. We'll see you guys in a week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll catch you back on Monday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thanks for you helping with the jingle or let us know what you want us to do with it please, Yeah, and they'll be in touch, all right?
Speaker 1: Is it Just Me podcast by a couple of mechas.
Speaker 2: Make sure you've hit follow on your podcast app