Speaker 1: Melbourn. Welcome to them Christian No Common Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Right now, Jack and I are host sing a Father's Day Lunch. We were just saying, actually, it's been so lovely going through all these emails and hearing these stories. It was an idea that we wanted to do and if hadn't actually been for Colonial Brewing Company in Port Melbourne, who'd actually stepped forward and I said, we really want to do something because Father's Day is a bit of a damn squid, we wouldn't be doing it. We've been so stunned by the amount of you that want to come along and do this. I promise you next year we will either go to the same venue but if he fair to the venue. They've got so much integrity. I think other places wouldn't have done this, but because they have some pre existing bookings, numbers are limited.
Speaker 1: I feel very sorry for the people who have booked that place. And we've got that old hardcore done.
Speaker 2: Keith Richard's dad, it's going to be jugging beers like midday on a Sunday. I feel really sorry for them when there's a massive part of eighty of us lot turning up. But and I'm also going to do it for Mother's Day as well.
Speaker 1: For now and as well. I think this is a lovely thing to do. The hostrone lunch with you guys, all right, so do you want to come and join us? Nine four one four one o four three Yolander, Hello Christian, Hello Yolanda. So tell us about your dad.
Speaker 3: Okay, And my dad is eighty seven and he came out to Australia with the Polish national soccer team, fell in love with mom at a Polish dance and we had six of them ended up staying and marrying other Polish girls.
Speaker 2: And Dad's half the team r soccer team is eleven. That's over half that flight back the ones who couldn't get a friend here.
Speaker 1: It's like a reality show.
Speaker 3: Doctor.
Speaker 2: The doctors say, well the team doctor, The national bonus team was decimated the World Cup that year that half the players were missing a team dots.
Speaker 3: So when they touched down back in Poland and all the fans of the soccer team aligning the sides of the span, where's everybody?
Speaker 1: Oh my word, this is amazing.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So Dad kept working at the ra ACV club until he was about eighty three, and now he's looking full time looking after him full time with Samna.
Speaker 1: Oh sorry to hear that.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, it's not a good journey, but yeah one, but it would be. It would make his day. It would mean that you'd have something to look forward woman.
Speaker 2: Hearts and of course we'd love to love to meet. So he must have been a really good player. The Polish team a good team.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, he was a gun like We've always said that if he was around now playing should be like a Beckham we'd be worth millions. But not now.
Speaker 1: Oh dad, why do you have to be born too soon?
Speaker 3: What's Ziggy?
Speaker 1: Ziggy also name as well? Well, I look forward to meeting your dad Zicky. What a what a life? And yeah, we'd love to have you there as well.
Speaker 3: Oh no, i'll go look after my One of my brothers will probably take him.
Speaker 2: You're a good daughter, all right, you Lander, Thank you very much for recording and making us laugh and tell us about Ziggy.
Speaker 3: Okay, no problem, thanks Christian, what.
Speaker 1: A story that is incredible. Let's go to Shaley Hill Shaley and tell us about your dad.
Speaker 4: My dad is the best ever. He goes by nickname of Hollywood.
Speaker 2: Oh hang on a minute, we know Hollywood I gave you that he took in one last game out his toe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's healing slowly. Yeah.
Speaker 1: How is the l drama queen?
Speaker 3: Is he is?
Speaker 5: He is?
Speaker 1: He makes you call?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's Yeah.
Speaker 2: Put your hair dye in at the moment. A guy his age with bright blonde hair.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, he doesn't know I'm actually calling, so I wanted to surprise him.
Speaker 1: He's a lovely guy.
Speaker 2: Hollywood, and of course we'd love to have Hollywood down there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he'd absolutely love it. He just raves about you guys all the time.
Speaker 2: That's a good man. Yes, we will have Hollywood down there. Okay, you can tell him that you called him.
Speaker 1: Thank you, all right, no pleasure. Look, Christian Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 2: Last few spots for this morning to come and join us in for our Father's Day lunch. We're going to be at Import Melbourne at Colonial Brewing Company nine four one O four three.
Speaker 1: Called us up. Tell us about your dad.
Speaker 2: Some amazing stories so far like yorlanda and a legend of a dad Ziggi.
Speaker 1: Kelly Coome Morning morning, Christian.
Speaker 6: How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm good, Kelly, how are you so? Tell us about dad?
Speaker 6: Kelly, great, My dad well, my daddy's eighty two years old. We just recently left my mum at the start of the year, which been hearing for her. Yeah, but look, he's just amazing. He's always there for us as kids growing up. He's now got ten grandchildren, one great grandson and look, I know my four boys at the moment they need anythink.
Speaker 4: I know, like you've got to ring up were call him?
Speaker 6: Give John a call and he's just always do it for.
Speaker 1: Some sort of local taxi driver. It doesn't sound like granddad.
Speaker 6: He needs to be at school bus driver.
Speaker 1: So he's still living that kind of life now with all the grand kids.
Speaker 4: Oh, he's a legends. He only lives around the corner.
Speaker 6: He comes to the twenty first, he comes to the eighteenth.
Speaker 4: At eighty two.
Speaker 6: He still wakes up in the mornings and goes, I'm never drinking again, is he?
Speaker 2: That's another hardcore dad. Well, it sounds like a very tough year as well. We'd love to have you all along on Sunday for our Father's Day lunch.
Speaker 6: Thank you, We really appreciate that.
Speaker 1: No, we'd love to. And Kelly, what's the name of your dad? John? John the taxi driver?
Speaker 6: He looks like a little garden and you're knowing because he's a that fris love that money.
Speaker 1: I'll give a little fish and rod. He can be ann. Can he pick me up? Can he swing my Hampton and pick me up as well on the way then yeah, I'll call John.
Speaker 4: I'm getting to get up.
Speaker 1: Yes, get a bus. You can pick up all the day. He can be the designated driver for now.
Speaker 4: He's not very good at that.
Speaker 1: All right, Kelly, we'll see all that. Thank you very much, right, wonderful, have a good day, Sonya tell us about dad.
Speaker 5: So it's actually my beautiful husband's father. So it's my father in law. His name is Terry, and several years back he had a really severe stroke. We didn't actually think that he was going to call through. However, he has just come through leaps and bounds. He's a very community spirited person. He does loads of work with several of the men's sheds. He's on committees for every volunteer position in hospitals, and he's just absolutely marvelous. My husband and I were actually stuck over in Europe for two and a half years during the pandemic, and so he hasn't seen his dad for three years.
Speaker 1: Wow, this is going to be a very big Father's Day.
Speaker 5: Few Yeah, so it would be amazing to invite him and my husband's step brother and myself and Terry and I'll get together and celebrate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it will be a celebration. Aren't you sure you want to spend it with us? Because it's a right old mixed bag we put together.
Speaker 5: I'd love to I'm a pretty outrageous eclectic person.
Speaker 1: Going on right now. Isn't it come a week Sunday?
Speaker 2: I love this sonya, So we'd love to meet Terry. Bring Terry on please than he deserves to be celebrated and toasted. Yeah, and look forward to meeting you all. Thanks guys all, Bye bye well.
Speaker 4: Christian Connell's Show podcast