Speaker 1: Hey, it's the Pickup. Welcome back you, Britt, Laura and Mitch here Well thanks to Chempis Warehouse. Why don't your head in today? You get great savings every day now here at the Pickup. It's a great, fantastic show adored by the nation. I'm just reading the press that's in front.
Speaker 2: Of me, the headlines hell every day. True.
Speaker 1: Now we are on air every day. We're on are three to four Monday to Friday. But I think that could change because new studies out of Australia are saying that companies in Australia that trialed four day work weeks haven't looked back. So ten Australian businesses who were trialing the four day work week, all ten have said we love the four day workweek.
Speaker 3: Can you believe that?
Speaker 2: Yes, I mean it's not shocking.
Speaker 4: No, I can't believe it because so many people and I was guilty of this when I worked to you know, it wasn't a nine to five, it was an eight until six job. But I used to probably work at about thirty percent productivity.
Speaker 2: I reckon i'd walk in.
Speaker 4: There, I would have Facebook minimized down in the corner. And yes, I was in the office, but I was working at like half blasts.
Speaker 3: Well, here's the thing.
Speaker 1: The interesting part is despite all the like you working hours only four days, seventy percent experience and increase in productivity, while the other thirty percent said productivity just remained the same.
Speaker 3: So there's no loss at all.
Speaker 4: How do we, as a live radio show decrease our productivity?
Speaker 2: Were like, we're tapping out now, fifteen minutes early.
Speaker 3: I've thought about it.
Speaker 1: Ai, Between the three of us, we have given the world enough words to create a radio show with a every Friday and people won't even know I was out of a job.
Speaker 4: But I also don't know if that's how this works. I don't think it's about not doing your job anymore and getting robots to do it. I think it's more about the fact that people work at such a like a pathetic capacity that they could just take a day off and still get as much work done. If everyone else gets to decrease their workload to eighty percent, maybe we should try to as well.
Speaker 3: Why don't we call our boss.
Speaker 2: I'm sure he's gonna love this.
Speaker 3: Tony is the boss of the radio station.
Speaker 1: And what just the three of us will put our high mind together and pitch a four day work week, no pickup on Friday.
Speaker 4: It's not going to go down well. But I also think, look, the stats are there. I mean, yeah, there's universities who are doing this stuf. And if it's good enough for these ten businesses, it should be good.
Speaker 3: Enough right here.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm going to play good cop your bad cop. Sorry by default, die, so I've done a bad cop. Wouldn't laugh like that? Tony speaking Tony, it's your favorite show, Tony, the man that med the legend, the best boss that there ever was, High Afternoon?
Speaker 4: Oh god, what do you want?
Speaker 3: As you know, it's it's the afternoons. We are on air.
Speaker 1: We just want to let you know that we're on air, but we have a little pitch for you for the show.
Speaker 4: Look to there has been some studies that have happened across the nation.
Speaker 2: And now have you heard of the four day work week?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Of course, yeah, Okay, So it's.
Speaker 4: Been proven now that a four day work week is just as productive as a five day work week, and we think that it's something that we should trial of the pick up.
Speaker 1: What industries have said that it's productive?
Speaker 4: Well, look, ten Australian businesses. It doesn't exactly specify the industry. So are you saying to me, you're gonna give me every reason and under the sun why you should do a four day working week.
Speaker 2: Well, we think what we could do.
Speaker 4: We could just extend Thursdays to an extra hour and take the Friday off. It'd be better for everyone, have a little little rest. We'll come in on Monday. We'll feel great, refreshed and ready for the three pm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll take over Will and Woody show on a Thursday. Perfect, and then they get a four day work week.
Speaker 3: Two okay, okay, right here we go.
Speaker 1: Here's a question for you.
Speaker 4: When you do your radio show. Who am giving it three o'clock to four o'clock?
Speaker 1: Who dominantly listens?
Speaker 2: Mum's in cars really small, everyone across this.
Speaker 3: They're going to school to pick up the kids. Yeah, to pick up the kids.
Speaker 2: So with that in mind, when are schools on? I'm going to stop you in your tracks because I know where you're going with this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, give him put listen, Tony listen.
Speaker 4: We knew you were going to say this, so we've we've thought of a way around this.
Speaker 2: What we're going to do is an extra fifteen minutes a day. At the end of the show on a Friday, we're gonna run a highlights.
Speaker 3: We would never leave the people without it. The best of the best, so much to choose.
Speaker 1: You feel as though you're not eating your listeners on a Friday afternoon.
Speaker 4: Because we're only giving them. We're giving them the best bits. They're gonna love that. If anything, we're giving more. Not all heroes were capes, Tony, Yeah, but we are.
Speaker 2: So does that mean we're going to trial it.
Speaker 3: I'll put you.
Speaker 1: I'll put you in a different way.
Speaker 3: What if I was to say yes, but it's a Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Fine wetting and I want an inferences?
Speaker 3: Yeah, pays twenty more. Thank you, Boss, Tony.
Speaker 2: Hang up on him before he changes his We are not doing this. I love coming because three PM's my favorite time of day.
Speaker 3: I love being home in the spot.
Speaker 2: Kill to kiss. But I'm not kissing Tony's butt. I just love doing the radio show.
Speaker 4: With you, guys.
Speaker 2: I love you.
Speaker 3: All right. Anyway, Look, we might have just asked our jobs.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, guys, guys, Will and Woody is my favorite show.
Speaker 3: By the way, you.
Speaker 2: Still do the Wednesday.
Speaker 1: It's such a buck kiss uf h outside the studio, so we need to We've got a meeting.
Speaker 3: I think let's get out of here.
Speaker 4: Okay, I've got a bone to pick with Laura, and I'm going to do it here where it's on a national platform.
Speaker 2: Okay, you stole something from my house, and I know I didn't you.
Speaker 1: Did you?
Speaker 2: I asked you, and I took me and it was mine. Argue with me in the court of law.
Speaker 3: After the break