Speaker 1: Flex and Friends.
Speaker 2: I'm Kida.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the podcast. Everybody you're with Flexi and Fumina. I've got this book here with me. Our producer Brook keeps hanging extreme shit on me for wearing this outfit.
Speaker 4: No is no, I can't even interpreting it. It's a compliment. If someone says you look like a sexy librarian, that means you are a vision of fantasy.
Speaker 2: A lot of people are nodding in the space. My grandma was a librarian. Huh.
Speaker 3: AnyWho apple doesn't fall far from the true. I'm going to tell you a fact from this book, a fresh one.
Speaker 2: Yep. Why did women.
Speaker 3: Shave their heads in ancient Egypt? You told me it was a sign of feminine beauty.
Speaker 2: That's it, yep.
Speaker 4: Because I feel like I need to get give me some more, give me like a Do you think I would look beautiful with a shaved head?
Speaker 2: Are you hinting at something? Have you ever shaved your head?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: If I have the head shaped for it, I've got the face for it.
Speaker 5: No out about it.
Speaker 2: I'm not out about it? Have you You've had it really short? You've shared my head multiple times? Made you do it? Ah feeling. I want to be free.
Speaker 3: I like the look of it esthetically on women. But the longer that I get, the more I just would never want to do it again. It's funny that it's like Stockholm syndrome of short hair.
Speaker 4: Reminds me of when I was on that reality show that won't be named and I jumped off this seven meter pole. On the first time, I did it fine. The second time, I was like, never again.
Speaker 2: You jumped off a seven meter pole? Yeah? Like was the pole perpendicular?
Speaker 4: It was like imagine a ladder with a very baby platform that was like twenty centimeters seven meters into what into the air? But like where did you know this harness? But it was like a harness that like carries you like a bungee. It just like it's like a one and a half second drop. Never again fell.
Speaker 3: We're gonna talk about a guy that DMed me a nag, yeah, and how we responded.
Speaker 2: I've never liked being negged. I've never responded to it. Really. I think people losers who do that.
Speaker 3: Okay, I put a high price on my head, and if you can't afford it, I can tell.
Speaker 4: What's the price, what's the bare minimum you expect from someone trying to like push to you, move to you.
Speaker 2: It varies, but mostly plans. Give me plans.
Speaker 3: Okay, no open ended plans. You're saying we should catch up.
Speaker 2: Give me a date.
Speaker 3: Yes, If you don't give me a date, then I'm just going to assume that you don't want to and I'm only going to ask you one more time.
Speaker 2: I feel like.
Speaker 4: My tolerance is really low, Like I need a plan, I need consistency, I need reliability, I need humor, I need all of it. Because everyone can be on the fringe. But if you're really gonna like permeate, penetrate this outer layer, then at least come through with something like of value. I don't want to be buddy buddies. If you're a bum friend, I don't know if.
Speaker 2: We're talking about friends or dating or anything else. You have to be a friend in order to date me.
Speaker 3: Wow, I don't agree with that, So we're gonna leave it at that. Enjoy the podcast, and yeah, leave you on a cliffhanger here, FLEXI.
Speaker 1: This is flex and frooms on Cada.
Speaker 4: We find two things important, giving people unsolicited love, advice, making fun of each other, and what comes in at close second, but is ultimately a third is generating ways to become rich. I'm probably gonna stop you there, maybe not. I don't make fun of you, not a nuss, And that's a opportunity because I give you, I give you the material to work.
Speaker 2: With I do.
Speaker 4: I'm just nice. Don't let anything go, call it all out. Everything is content continued ol a couple of weeks ago, maybe it was last week. Time is a myth we discussed Belle Delphine, the twitch streamer adult content creator who sold her bathworder for millions of dollars, inspired us.
Speaker 2: We might do the same, we might not.
Speaker 4: Time will only tell, And since then I've been on a quest to find other potentially absurd ways to make a quick buck. What I found out recently is there is a thing called domain squatting. I've known about it for a little while, I hadn't known where it originated from. So basically, domain squatters are people who register potential domain URLs and buy it for really low So for example, somebody might buy the domain for TikTok dot com when it's getting really popular, assuming it hasn't been bought yet, or maybe there's an underground rapper who's come to SoundCloud, same buy their domain. Imagine buying Kanye West dot com before Kanye did, Because what ends up happening is that the person who rightfully so should own that domain is going to want to buy it off you. What happened in two thousand and eight, Well, in nineteen ninety four, sorry, the I was born. This guy called Chris Clark bought the domain pizza dot com.
Speaker 2: Very simple, new to the Internet. See what it feels like by domain? Right?
Speaker 4: Then in two thousand and eight, so what's that? Fourteen years later he sold that domain name for two point six million dollars.
Speaker 2: Could you imagine?
Speaker 4: Well, could you imagine I, for one, do the same thing. I'm a domain squatter myself. It's one thing you don't know about me.
Speaker 5: What do you do?
Speaker 4: When I started making conversation card games with my business flex Factory and evere Press, I was like, wait a second, nobody has the domain name for conversation cards dot com, Conversation cards dot com dot are you how to have a conversation dot com?
Speaker 2: I bought it.
Speaker 4: All and I redirected it to my business. I also made an Instagram page for sun Kiss. It used to be my favorite orange soda in hopes that when they wanted an Instagram presence, they would buy from me. So you got sun Kissed Yeah, all sun kissed AU Okay, a localized version.
Speaker 2: Does anyone really shout for that? Not yet?
Speaker 4: But I also don't know the password to that account. I don't know the email I made with it. So I just have it and it is mine. And I think it's also calmer because contrary to what you might think, I don't own at Flexmamy on Instagram. Some mother bro does and it's rightfully his.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'd love to know who he is. Maybe we'll interview one day and we'll get my frooms tuos. Yeah, got him in battle head to head.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's fight them, hurt them, hex them. We can do it well, no violence, We don't control violence theoretically, figuratively annihilate them. Flex and it's Flex on Kit And this week we are making dreams come true. I swear to you we surprise Rooms my special co hosts one of her favorite people in the whole white world, Gavin Rubin. Scene from Lux Listing Sydney. We had in the studio and when I tell you she squealed was.
Speaker 2: In hysterics, huffing, puffing. It was really quite beautiful.
Speaker 4: I think there was chemistry all round, and I think you want to pay attention and stay tuned so you can hear exactly how it went down.
Speaker 2: Oh god, this is phenomenal.
Speaker 4: Last week threw me over here, probably gave us a fifty minute monologue about how obsessed she is. Not just lux listening. So it's not even about that, it's about you.
Speaker 5: I appreciate that, Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: She is freaking I actually am.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I don't even get nerves. I forgot what it's like to be nervous.
Speaker 3: I know that I said that we both love Simon and Gavin flex big fans appreciate that.
Speaker 2: I said, I'm probably more of a Gavin.
Speaker 5: You better not have said you prefer Simon.
Speaker 6: I would never say that she's good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I wish we had the tape, Peter play it back?
Speaker 2: Do we no?
Speaker 3: When I finished the first season, I was lining up to go to the rooftop, my first ever time. I was a fish out of water and I was lining up, and who did I see walking out of the venue. Gavin Gavin Rubinstein flunked by a bevy of women, and other hanger honers of course, and he's getting out and getting into a Bentley and I screamed.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, Gavin, I love you.
Speaker 2: Did you really?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 2: Something came over me. I've never done it before.
Speaker 4: It has to be one of the most composed people I've ever met in my life.
Speaker 2: If there was anyone who would choose.
Speaker 4: Professionalism tacked grace over being a bansheet, it is this woman on this show Flex and Rooms. I would describe us both as like professional friends you Simon and Dealen. What is the relationship there?
Speaker 5: It's a weird dynamic.
Speaker 6: So like Deleene and I have no real friendship all and that's true percent on a professional level. If we crossover, we cross over, But we don't have much of a professional relationship either. Simon and I have a good working relationship. We've got a good friendship. We don't always see eye to eye. You've got to remember he's kind of representing the buyer. I'm representing the seller. He's trying to buy low. I'm trying to sell high.
Speaker 2: In Enemies Love Story, I know about love story, Yang.
Speaker 4: These are direct quotes I'm getting from Gavin's math Mortal Enemies.
Speaker 3: Love this last week, I opened my letterbox. I live in Bondo Beach and what I got was a little letter from TRG. You guys canvassed the area and put a letter into my letterbox saying we have a buyer that urgently needs to buy a two bedroom apartment in Bondi in this exact location. I actually message you on Instagram and you liked it.
Speaker 4: I just want to play something for you. We're getting too far into home buying territory.
Speaker 3: This is simply a short message for young Gavin. Big fan of your work and would love to have you over.
Speaker 2: I mean, the apartment is not mine to sell.
Speaker 3: It's roughly one million dollars more expensive than I can afford right now, but I'm happy to show you around.
Speaker 4: The thing about miss Lucinda Firm's price her real name, is that she will always take a bit too far. Now, while we're here, I want to say thank you for extending your time to us.
Speaker 5: It's a pleasure, and even.
Speaker 2: Do it if I have a full day. I'm not stopping for anyone. However, while you're here, a few rapid fire questions. I want to get to know you.
Speaker 4: Have you ever used a property you were selling for anything other than work purposes.
Speaker 2: Don't incriminate yourself.
Speaker 4: But if it's a yeah, okay, that's all we need.
Speaker 3: Cool Who do you think is dirtier people that sell houses or people that sell cars?
Speaker 5: Depends?
Speaker 6: They're both pretty much on the same level, right, you know? Really, I think the perception of used car salesmen and real estate agents from a society perspective is they're pretty even. I do what I can to change that perspective. One guy is not going to change. I know there are a couple of other good agents who do it.
Speaker 5: Three Yeah, there's three or four out there.
Speaker 2: And I've got one last question? Do you have one?
Speaker 4: You go and I'll see probably the most important question I've asked as I guess.
Speaker 5: What it is.
Speaker 2: Of course, Burple far not at all, Banks, not at all. I'm using this time properly. I'm planning for the future.
Speaker 5: But yeah, just what were the kitchen?
Speaker 3: Was there?
Speaker 5: I thought i'd just answer it.
Speaker 4: Wow, would you rather be the first or last person to know about a zombie apocalypse?
Speaker 5: And what? I want to be the first because I want to plan.
Speaker 2: What are you planning for?
Speaker 5: Escape?
Speaker 6: We're going I'll find a way, I'll find a place, got resources, use them.
Speaker 5: There's always a way. There's always a way. Man is overrun, there is always a way.
Speaker 4: Well, thank you so much for coming on. I feel like this is probably the best I've ever done, and I can't even.
Speaker 2: Take full credit for it.
Speaker 5: I appreciate you.
Speaker 4: Shout out to Brooks this one, Thanks brook Shout out to you Gavin for coming through and humoring us.
Speaker 5: I appreciate it. Thanks for having me, and thank.
Speaker 4: You for making rooms. I'd say at least for the next three months you can really write.
Speaker 2: It's a big deal. Who's going to believe you? You met the Gavin.
Speaker 1: This is flex and frooms on Kita.
Speaker 4: It is my duty to get at least a million people interested in reading books more frequently than they already do. As an avid reader of mostly vampires, smut, and self development books your own room, including my own, yes, best selling author that is me, I find it most favorable to share the books I read, because even if you don't end up reading it, you have some of the knowledge and that might push you further down. Books are fantastic, very underrated, so many, so much good stuff in them, Like.
Speaker 2: Where do you think the internet came from? Babe.
Speaker 3: A book, it's like breaking a hymen. Until you do it, you are never going to see what's inside. That's what a book is to me. It hurts when you first start reading me, like how could does ever be good? And then you break it and there's a whole other inside.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna take it back.
Speaker 4: You are so much I think you need a time out. Mostly corner corner, Yeah, just enough. The book I've been reading is called Attached by Emir Levine and Rachel sf Hell. The self development girlies are reading it, definitely, The Don't Want to Be gas Lit by My Next Partner people are reading it. The I've Broken one too many hearts people are dabbling into it.
Speaker 2: It essentially talks.
Speaker 4: About attachment theory, which is the relationships between humans, how humans speak to each other, deal with each other, perceive each other. It's actually quite great, but the most important core tenet in the book talks about how young kids need to develop a relationship with at least one primary caretaker for them to be well rounded people. So the book talks about how the way we were raised and our relationship to our primary caregiver, how that affects how we attach to people in our adulthood. So there are three ish attachment styles, secure avoidant, anxious, anxious avoidant, and all of these types have kind of a clear approach to how they deal with other people. For example, securely attached people is what we all want to be, the kind of people who can give and receive love freely, who don't hold grudges, who can express what they want when they want, who can set boundaries, who can be forgiving. This is all really great and dandy. We're all orbiting between anxious avoidant and somewhere in between. So as I was reading this book, I said, you know what's coming to mind. We're doing telepathy ah our relationship. No, I just want to see what you say. Do you know what your attachment style is, let's say, in dating.
Speaker 3: I do, Actually, I think because I've seen a psychologist for this her come on therapy girls seeing a therapist, And she said, she sent me all the different types and she told me you're anxious avoidant and she goes, this is the hardest one to change.
Speaker 2: And I went, cool, I'm gonna stop you there. I've done your bit.
Speaker 3: But yeah, essentially anxious avoidant. And she said to me pretty much point blank, you need to get a partner. You need said you need to have a boyfriend. And at the time I left and called Mum and I was.
Speaker 2: Like, what, why would she say that? She agreed?
Speaker 3: But then a month later I got a boyfriend and it actually unlocked something in me because it was a very secure relationship until oh and this is where the anxial avoidant comes in.
Speaker 2: Is this turning into a thriller with a relationships that I'm in?
Speaker 4: It?
Speaker 3: It's to the year mark. Yeah, and suddenly I'm y eating out of the bill.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm eighteen month or two eighteen year. It gets to a point and then I have to leave immediately. It is what it is? What's yours? What do you feel?
Speaker 4: Well, you were giving me a lot of agreeance there, okay, but what if I was just trying to mirror you for your own safety and comfort.
Speaker 2: Well, that's quite a vulnerable conversation.
Speaker 4: That's giving anxious I think. Okay, So what do you think I am? From what you've gathered?
Speaker 3: From what I've gathered, I could say, hand on heart, knowingly I put money on this.
Speaker 4: Avoidance avoidance stand up, know your community, you know your people. I think avoidance are the most sensible people of the whole bunch despite secure why because.
Speaker 2: Avoidance it for what it is.
Speaker 4: You come into this world on your own.
Speaker 1: You're listening to flex and frooms ONITA.
Speaker 3: So last week I received a DM. Somebody slid in, cheeky one, a cheeky DM from a man. Yes, very presumptuous, but he slid in saying, oh, just give you a bit of context.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I didn't know who he was, but I clicked on his profile because his little avatar was like quite attractive. And it turns out that he is an ex survivor stuff.
Speaker 4: Oh I've never watched the show, okay, but like we get it. We get to watch the viver to know.
Speaker 3: So he slides into my DMS saying, you're funny at times.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's worse than I thought. What do you think I thought?
Speaker 4: You said you're kind of funny sometimes you're funny at times?
Speaker 2: I yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. Pissed off. I'm feeling anger in my loins at this.
Speaker 4: Because now I want the I don't want the feedback, but like, what's not clicking?
Speaker 2: You know, like what didn't hit, what didn't land? Which bit fell fell dry?
Speaker 3: Is it the Shrek content. Is it a bit too weird? Are we going more for the skits like I.
Speaker 4: Need and also funny compared to what? What's your humor, mister stranger, aside from what he's.
Speaker 2: Come in with?
Speaker 4: How do you feel about a cheeky DM slide? I feel like I don't respond well to compliments coming from straight men because I worry about their taste sometimes. Oh, do you know, like there's that meme that says that if you ever give your opinion on the Internet and a bunch of straight guys agree with.
Speaker 2: You, you've given the wrong one. You've given the wrong one. It's not the correct one. You gotta read them, you know.
Speaker 4: That's what it feels like sometimes, And of course there are exceptions.
Speaker 3: Well, my approach to getting dms can't say it's ever worked.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but we'll say the ego boost, don't.
Speaker 4: Stop appreciated, keep sliding in because it could be your turn next.
Speaker 3: In this instance, let's call him James. We've decided that there's only one way to reply to this slid in. He said, you're funny at times. Yeah, it's jog behavior. So you have suggested that we send him Barks.
Speaker 4: A voice memory of us barking at him. Okay, that is as sensical as.
Speaker 2: What he said. All right, should I go first? Okay, we're gona give him two tracks? Two tracks?
Speaker 4: Okay, any tips?
Speaker 2: Just go with your heart.
Speaker 7: Wait, go with your god baby? Yeah, yeah, right, not too much.
Speaker 5: I need to do it.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 2: You got to back yourself, babe. Okay, hold on.
Speaker 3: All right, earth O, Nah again it sounds let me do.
Speaker 8: It all right, center, thank you.
Speaker 2: It's gonna give.
Speaker 3: Him ns, so carry on it.
Speaker 2: I'm comfortable with that.
Speaker 4: This is literally the grown up equivalent of sitting in a circle at lunchtime in year eleven and getting all your friends to co sign the text you send the guy who literally wouldn't care if you lived or died, and you're.
Speaker 2: Like, do I do one emoji? Two emojis? He doesn't know if you exist? Okay, well we'll tune in. We'll give you an update next week. You are you lost it?
Speaker 4: Do you know what's gonna be really funny if he turned out to be like such a nice guy and we've gotten like the context wrong, like he said it in like the most loving way possible, and we're like, kill he's a dog. Let's back at him, and then he comes up with something really earnest and genuine, and then you fall in love and get married. I don't think that's gonna happen either way. I'm happy with my contribution. You did drop the ball. That's okay, Flick and I make a conscious effort to orbit into spaces virtually that are meant for men, like bro podcasts, bro tiktoks, bro reddit forums. I'm just so curious as to what men speak about. We need to do a series where we ask men what's in their notes app because.
Speaker 2: I, for one, so intrigued. I want to know. Here's the thing.
Speaker 4: I saw this TikTok the other day of this men's podcast. They were doing an imagination exercise. They said, let's say you're driving to a location with your mom and your girlfriend. Who gets the front seat your mom or your girlfriend? And you know what I said, that is complex. That is ten points for the bros, because like, what are you expecting? You are on a date with your boyfriend, your boyfriend's mom, it's time to drive. What are you doing instinctively? Oh, I'm judging your answer. Of course, I'm going to sit in the back.
Speaker 2: Dah dah. But but yeah. When I'm sitting in the back, I'm thinking.
Speaker 4: A second, I'm thinking Oedipus complex. I'm thinking, do you want to date your mom?
Speaker 2: Is that just in the front?
Speaker 4: I know I'm in the back, but why is she in the front?
Speaker 2: Just say it? Just say it?
Speaker 4: And then so what I found to be the most fascinating is like watching these three guys argue about it.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: One guy's point was, you know, at one stage your mum would have been the most important woman in your life. That stage has passed when you get a girlfriend. I didn't know this is how men thought. I didn't think it was that regimented, like I have girlfriend, girlfriend.
Speaker 2: Priority, mum no priority.
Speaker 4: But then another guy was saying, well, my girlfriend should know her place, and that's below my mom, beneath my mom either way, And I was like, WHOA. The way I see it, I get that from the perspective of the girlfriend, You're like, it's awkward anyway, figuring out who against the front seat when there's more than two passengers, right, it's not a really fun thing to do. I think you're just sitting in the back to remove a layer of awkwardness, not because you view yourself with inferior to your boyfriend's mum. However, is that the vibe it's giving. We need the moms to weigh in. What are you thinking when the girlfriend takes the front seat.
Speaker 3: I would love to know. I think there is so much politics with car sitting. I think about it with my family always. Dad must drive, naturally, only time I'm in.
Speaker 4: A fatherless household, so it's mum must drive. But that's okay. Maybe that's why I want to drive everywhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it is.
Speaker 3: You're good at driving around And the only time when the person in the front would switch between front and back would be if I took mum's place, which reminds me. I'm sure you've heard about this about how some women like are mean to their mums. Yeah, to get in with their dads because everyone's demeaning the woman. Yeah, and I was definitely in that camp. Brutal and it was a real It's kind of like the passitive thing. You hit it and you're realize and you're like, WHOA, I wasn't even thinking about.
Speaker 4: It, but now we are thinking about it, and now we can't stop thinking about it. So just be aware of the optics. M you know, what does it look like to get in the front seat?
Speaker 2: What does the front seat even mean? Anyway, we can't get into it now, what does.
Speaker 3: The front seat Someone's in the car listening to this with somebody in the front.
Speaker 2: In the back.
Speaker 4: We're just gonna ask about it, because I don't think that anybody's thought about it consciously. But if we ask them to think about it, they're going to have perhaps a more certain view than we think.
Speaker 1: Flex and frooms.
Speaker 4: There's nothing but cordial politeness between us, respects. I have been thinking about companionship, more specifically getting an animal of some kind. I've never had a pet before. I don't know if I'm a pet person. All the signs are saying no, and yet I'm still thinking about it. I'm on cat TikTok now because my soulmate convinced me that I should get a cat because her cat loves her. But I've been looking at the way cats behave, and ultimately I don't think they're my people. I need a very small tea cup rabbit puppy.
Speaker 2: Me too, Yeah, what style?
Speaker 4: I think that I want a Chihuahua, But I also think that I want like a what do you call that? Fluffy one like a pom Pomeranian or a papillon I love, just like a law one with an attitude.
Speaker 3: I get a papion if I are you, however, sorry to interrupt you, no please.
Speaker 2: I also want a chiuaha.
Speaker 3: My whole for you page on Instagram is chiuhahas I post about them frequently. I'm obsessed and if I know my lifestyle does I don't think it.
Speaker 2: Not at all. This could be a really terrible idea.
Speaker 1: Let us go with it.
Speaker 2: What about if I we put in money for a chiuaha? The money's not the issue.
Speaker 3: Okay, half the time with you, half the time it's with me, because our schedules don't align always.
Speaker 2: This is true. Could that work? That feels better to me? Co parenting, and because I have.
Speaker 3: An exit strategy which would not sit well for our personal brands, but my parents could always take it. Oh yeah, if we got over it. Would you ever consider getting a pet with somebody?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think I'd really be on board for a de facto pet, long term relationship, our pet, your pet, my entertainment.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's a mood.
Speaker 4: I'll buy the food, I'll go on walks. But in terms of responsibility, you figure out what's happening. And this is why I am reconsidering parenting anyway. I read a fact and I read it from a fact Instagram page, and as we've discussed, I don't think they are the most credible places. There are no sources, no citations. But that's not my business, all right. I read that cats may have decided to live with humans because humans attract rodents, making it convenient for them to stick around. It's possible that cats domesticated themselves. If that is not the ultimate flex, I don't know what is. They said, we're only here because you people are gross, cherylbe and.
Speaker 2: We need food. That makes a lot of sense, because cats don't.
Speaker 4: Even seem to like people that much, not enough for them to be like the primary pet.
Speaker 2: They They're anxious avoidant for sure, for sure. See, don't think too hard about it. It could be fake news.
Speaker 4: Don't let it change your self perception or the perception of cats.
Speaker 3: I don't like cats as is, Okay, I don't hate them. I just they I'm allergic to them.
Speaker 2: Sounding prejudice.
Speaker 5: I don't hate them.
Speaker 2: I'm going to get it, Okay.
Speaker 3: The point of this is that we're going to get a chumaba time shared chiuaba time shared from puppy age onwards.
Speaker 2: That's oh controversial.
Speaker 1: If you've been listening to the Flex and Frooms catch up podcast for more, tune in to Kata on DAB or check it out right here on iHeartRadio