Speaker 1: I heart podcasts. You can hear more gold when I four point three podcasts playlist and listen live on the free I heart.
Speaker 2: App Got anything good?
Speaker 3: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Rio, Good morning. Can't hang on a minute, can't No, I can't see I can't see Pats. But there's someone who's twenty three on the Today. What have you done to your hair? Wow, you're younger?
Speaker 4: Is it too much?
Speaker 1: No? No, no, no no no no no.
Speaker 4: I've gone a bit ashy. And so I've had no highlight, No.
Speaker 1: I had I've got I'm That's the only way I described I am ashy. I just had to lean into it. And I can't be bothered now to pains anymore. I am as. It's not even pepper, it's just actually.
Speaker 4: Just ash because I wanted more warmth. Those with the blonde will understand. And so I did have my head one yesterday and I said to her, I think it's a bit as she and she said, yes, let's try something different.
Speaker 1: Of course she's going to go yes, because the old the coloring is trey expensive. And I also was a big fan of Cyndy law Back.
Speaker 2: Don't you got me just one of her father.
Speaker 1: News, just one of her.
Speaker 4: Faring five hours to get this fun yesterday.
Speaker 1: So my life goes to get her. She calls it enhanced, and the CIA now used about enhanced interrogation techniques instead of water boarding. In heance, it's not dyed, it's in hard.
Speaker 4: Feel like you've been hours year for after five five hour, five hours. You didn't come overnight.
Speaker 1: You're right, all right, that's Sistine Chapel too longer than five hours. Same with Patsy, Cindy Laupa Barnet.
Speaker 5: You're radiating pats a beautiful Oh wow.
Speaker 1: You look really great and you feel good?
Speaker 4: Wow, I feel fantastic. Yes, after those comments, thank you very much. That's really picked me up up today participating.
Speaker 1: Is this something to do with the show what's happening? No?
Speaker 6: I just wanted to say, Patsy's hair looks absolutely stunning.
Speaker 4: Oh what's going on?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 2: I'm getting what's happen?
Speaker 1: We get an urgent caller coming or on news flash? What does it make Patsy?
Speaker 2: Your hair just beautiful?
Speaker 4: Going on?
Speaker 1: Nothing's going on?
Speaker 2: Can't we just be nice, just appreciate.
Speaker 1: Did you say radiating from my head? That went too much. We agree to pumper up. Before the show, I said, take it easy, make it lateral. No one says radiated from the head radiant that is it a halo or if you had your hair dyed? Or is it both?
Speaker 2: It's a beautiful angel in the news book.
Speaker 1: I thought it was.
Speaker 3: Patsy Christian O'Connell show, Gone podcast similar haircut to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a high compliment contemporary.
Speaker 1: Yes see her shonder their eleven minutes past six Christian O'Connell show on God Christian. I was catching up with yesterday's podcast. You mentioned about whils they're a werribee hall of fame and if so, ho come Patsy, isn't it There is one? It's called crime Stoppers. Patrick, Come on, Matesny, just be kind.
Speaker 2: It's funny, do we that's good?
Speaker 1: Sound funny? Yesterday I was talking about we were talking about scratch and sniff stickers. Yes, and I've ordered thirty nine sheets. They should be arriving today at home, so hopefully I can start bringing them in and rewarding Cobaba from the team. I got an email from somebody that also takes as well. They make scratch and sniff stickers, so I applied to them yesterday at the team there and said, do you also make bespoke ones? They do. They've agreed that because I said, could I make some for the breakfast show to give away to listeners? And I and maybe it's a radio or something I don't know that we send out.
Speaker 2: And they are up for this, so we can make our own.
Speaker 1: But what is the smell?
Speaker 4: Is the smell?
Speaker 1: What is it? What's the What's a great, evocative, empowering smell in the morning, what makes you feel good in the morning. It might be a shower gel. Is it coffee? Coffee, beans, tea? For me? It's not like you don't walk into it. In fact, there are no tea houses, aren't there. There are coffee houses and cafes everywhere. You don't walk into a tea house. Yeah. The smeller is it coffee coffee? Is it a blend m coffee and toast coffee? Okay? What a smell it is? Scratch and give to a listeners? Yes, yes, you know that smell we're talking about yesterday, Patsy. In terms of it, I want the listeners when they scratched the show to release a pleasing smell. Yes, we were talking about the smell of methylated spirits and the old hand cranked printing.
Speaker 2: Machine that metho in the sticket. We can't do that.
Speaker 1: That's probably highly illegal. Actually, the something terrific a safer.
Speaker 4: Okay, like a bunning sausage or something.
Speaker 1: Oh do you mean fried onions?
Speaker 4: Yeah, like you know, like a sausage sea or like a barbecue.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fried onions. I don't think we can claim that. I feel it was coffee. I can't claim onions that belongs that is this, that is one of the I would say distinctive smells of Australia snag. But the snack doesn't have a smell the onions does. I can't they claim to that. It would be the worst kind of cultural appropriate. I simply won't Australia. I simply won't. I mustn't. All right, yesterday on the show, we ran out of time. We had so many great at work time wastes. We were looking for your school bands. So we're going to do an extra time today on the time waste fuel school bands. Text them in school bands two oh four seven five O three one oh four three up for grabs for the best in show until the next ten minutes on the extra timetime west of your school bands. We'll give you a Brilliance streaming service free three years STAN. If you're a tennis fan. Wimbledon is on there right now streaming Wimbledon live and on demand. And also big news announced this week, STAN have secured the EPL rights. New season comes very very soon, kicks off again next month in August. Brand new season EPL. Full coverage of the brand new season going into next year starts in August. Also got the away from Women's Euro twenty twenty five which begins tomorrow, and the Champions League or Soccer all on STAN.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast Your.
Speaker 1: Kids Are Never Told of a meltdown. Just over two weeks time, our eldest daughter Ruby turns twenty one and she's had her eyes on some big, oversized sort of trench coat car. Yeah, very much in this season by ladies. And so I said, look, i'll meet you, you try it on, and then if you like it, maybe I'll buy it for you. Okay, So I meet yesterday's very She's really keen for me to come and see this jacket. Okay. So I get there. You know what out of here yesterday? Did the show me to know? I was there at ten o'clock. The story is opening, there's no one else there. We go in and within ten minutes she's having a mount down in there, and we are having a kind of argument that's not really a proper argument, but she's having a meltdown. We've all been this. You know, when you reallyset your heart on something for like a week or two. I'm going to get that. You imagine who you're going to be in holy person, whole new world of possibilities opening up, right, and then it just you know, when you put it on, you try and convince you yes, it's a style. This was that scene yesterday. Oh god, I so wanted that jacket be right. So it was. It was just way too big, right, funniness right, So we put we put on small and it's too big for her. And I don't want to think they're doing it's oversized anyway, They're do an extra small. I'll go and find it, Okay. She tries on the next to small, and I started to get giggles because it's like she keeps looking herself in the mirror. She knows what's not there. Yes, but She's still flicking between that influence within the image she thought she was going to have in it. And I hadn't even saidenly think and I want. I was really trying to hold but words. I was serving that she'd arrive at her own decision. Yeah, this ain't the jacket for you. She doesn't. So I go, hey, listen, you're the leader of the French resistance. What time? What time are the Normandy landing? You be very mean now we both know. I said, listen, I want you to have a really nice jacket. It's part of your twenty first and all that. But I said, this thing is huge. I said, right for starters, you can't drive the car, and that she goes, no, I know, all right, so you're never driving anywhere in it. You've gotta called it up eighty seven times. I just saw them. They could put people in that get them off the Titanic. It's and I said, I can't even see your fingertips.
Speaker 2: It looks like she's wearing her dad's.
Speaker 1: It looks like you've got my jacket. I said, it's actually ninety nine percent jacket, one percent roubes. You can't hide from the world. Now you're almost twenty one.
Speaker 5: Kid, it's very brave of you to take the leap and say that, because she is actually deep down looking for someone to tell her not to get it.
Speaker 2: But it's hard to.
Speaker 1: Then she was doing that thing, and it's one of my favorite things. The kids now, the ages they're out where she was mad laughing. That's as good as it gets. Now, that's as good as it gets, so I know, And so I took her to two other stores. She still didn't like it. So we're now tomorrow you know what's calling me go back out there. But now we're going to the big the biggest one, you got it, the biggest one, the southern hemisphere. We will not rest or until we find Cinderella. Not the shoe, but that large oversized jacket got out with. We don't find it. So a seams Swiss that can just make one today to the next twenty four hours. Good luck, yes, thank you. Hope some prayers everyone, hope and prayers. We come through this together, all right. It's the time on a time away, sir. We're looking for your school bands. Rio. Are you ready to mark?
Speaker 2: I'm ready all right.
Speaker 1: So Liveston show you get stand free for a year school bands like Fleetwood, Maths S a Bluff, Chalking Heads go very good, World Unsue, Nicki, Benaje duty been good effort, Yeah close, Richard Metalla lickt Ida Brown, missus. That's a big reach, Steve, you pulled it off. Metallict A Day, the artist formerly known as Principal, Oh yeah, good, silver Fuss, Marshall math Majors, Marshall math Mathers.
Speaker 2: I like eminem Yeah, Bronze.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe, Christian. The scratch and stuff sticker could be fruit toast.
Speaker 5: Okay, I was thinking toasty, but.
Speaker 1: What is it actually smell like to find that? What is the smell of a toast? It's sweaty bread. I don't want them thinking scratch and something sweaty? Yeah, fabe, Christian. What about the smell of fresh breads like a bakery? What's the show got bacon for me today?
Speaker 2: Have a little scratch and sea?
Speaker 1: Yes, Tenacious d minus very good, gold Market Thornbury study, Holly, who's that Stephen with a V. Harris study? Holly is very good? What about old Duster rhymes?
Speaker 2: Good as well gone?
Speaker 1: Jody, well done? Dolly parted my son from class today? Metallic? Can I go to the toilet please, sir, Gold, that's very good. Notorious VCE not b ig Oh it's silver, yep, the Nerds instead of the Birds.
Speaker 2: Is there any band?
Speaker 1: Bronze, cold Play? Time? Yeah, Silver, Yeah, hot cinnamon as your smell of the show. Okay like it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: That a donuts shop, No Prince of Paul McCartney. Yeah, silver, Yeah, and watch out, watch out, she's in the c She'll have your lunch of money. That's right, it's Bully Eilish very good, Gold, he's been very good. All right, Rya. Who's winning? Stand free for you? Who's best in show?
Speaker 2: It's Steve with Study Holly.
Speaker 3: The Christian o'connall show podcast, All.
Speaker 1: Right, who found He's winning? Two thousand dollars right now? Give me call? Thirteen fifty five twenty two. Are you ready to play you versus news?
Speaker 2: That news First News?
Speaker 1: Will you be Petrina Jon Dolbo?
Speaker 2: She beat you?
Speaker 1: Two thousand dollars is up for grams right now, thirteen fifty five twenty two Thanks to seven News Melbourne with the Mighty Peter Mitchell, live every night at six on seven and seven BLUs. We've got a question about last night's news. If you get it right, you win two thousand dollars thirteen fifty five twenty two. Hang on a second, where are my answers? Prah juicer youln Hello?
Speaker 6: So I do have the answers. I don't have audio because Peter Mitchell was a very busy man. He had to deliver the news. There was lots of breaking news last night.
Speaker 1: We really listen, he's doing the news. What's he what's he doing for the other twenty eight three and a half hours of his day? He's working out. That man has got thick back in a barrel chest as a jacked man.
Speaker 6: He actually does love playing golf. And I did find that out because I did ask the questions and I did get answers.
Speaker 1: Just not audio, all right, Okay, so walking to report back then. Is he a Pies fan as.
Speaker 6: I suspect, Yeah, unfortunately he is.
Speaker 1: I don't mind that I saw him at a game. He was wearing a scarf and he's been a lifelong Pies fan.
Speaker 6: Yeah, since the age of five. He has gone for the Pies, absolutely loves them.
Speaker 1: Okay, is in the Frankston Hall of Fame, he.
Speaker 6: Years since twenty ten. He got put in there obviously for all of his great work. However, I also did find out that his father, Jeff, was the mayor of Frankston.
Speaker 1: Wow. Right, And then did you find out Is it true that he's the person the first journalist to break the news about Princess Dianade.
Speaker 2: Yes, he was.
Speaker 6: He interrupted an AFL coverage in ninety ninety seven when it happened. It was a game where Collingwood was Versity in North Melbourne at the mcg and he interrupted and announced the news, which was very sad.
Speaker 1: So hang on a minute in the middle of a game. They said that the accident happened, or that she died. Because that she died, he interrupted the game, So what do you mean? Was he working calling the game or was he was he just in the crowd watching the game because he's a Pies fan and he won't hang on a minute. I'll just say a few words.
Speaker 5: No, I think they're like the coverage watching. They would have had that on the TV and then they would have cut to the.
Speaker 2: Right show.
Speaker 1: It's like they go, it's not the end of the third quarter. What's Peter Miser doing wondering out? You know? The pie one? And now listen, I've just wiped that pileway, we've had some very very sad news about the people's princess. Is this thing? Is this thing on? Hello? Right? Okay, gotcha? So he was hosting the coverage.
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, and then so no, he wasn't hosting the coverage of the game.
Speaker 2: He just cut they all right.
Speaker 1: They did the old fashioned news splash breaking news. This is where they used to have it, right, Okay, thank you, Kaylen. And what star sign is he?
Speaker 4: So he's a Gemini like me?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: So curious, adaptable and a natural communicator, perfect for his job as a.
Speaker 1: Great textas detail about you Gemini's anyway, people are calling him right now.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast every.
Speaker 1: Day this week two thousand dollars to be one thanks to seven News Melbourne with Peter Mitchell. Gemini live every night at six and seven and seven plus all right, playing today we have Brendan coome On and Brendan.
Speaker 8: Gooday, Christian, here are you going?
Speaker 1: I'm good, Welcome to the show and welcome to you versus news. Brendan, what would the two thousand dollars do for you? Oh?
Speaker 8: Just my daughter turns eighteen next Monday, So we're planning having a bit of a party for nice, very nice to give her a bit of a fancy day for that's for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And so at the moment, what have you got planned? And what's what's your daughter's name?
Speaker 8: Her name is Bethany, Bethany, and.
Speaker 1: Bethany's going to be turning eighteen on Monday. And at the moment your planned everything ready?
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, we've got a bit of a party the falling Saturday, so fire family and friends and obviously put on a third first free drink spring an eighteen year old.
Speaker 1: So yeah, are you excited? I am?
Speaker 8: Yes, yeah, very first order to be at fourth so first child to be eighteen and so it's new life.
Speaker 1: It's a big moment, isn't it. Yeah? Don't you feel like it goes so quick?
Speaker 8: Well and truly yeah, it's the last six months have gone holy crap.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well listen, let's try and win you two thousand to make it an even better special day for all of you. All right, So here's a question Brenda about last night's news on Channel seven with Peter Mitchell two Breaking.
Speaker 9: News Now and there's a bizarre situation unfolding at Melbourne Airport where has been found on a plane.
Speaker 1: Now, sadly Peter did swear last night. That's why we've actually turned over. That is a gemini for you, playful, curious sexy H's no, I must get these headphones fix. Sure about that, listener, Brendan, while we're on.
Speaker 8: The plane, believe that they found a snake on the plane.
Speaker 1: Yes, breaking news, there are actually snakes on a plane. What country would have this? You're right, Australia. Here's the story. We take out the swearing again to.
Speaker 9: Breaking News now and there's a bizarre situation and holding at Melbourne Airport where a snake has been found on a plane.
Speaker 1: And then if you saw it that went live to the reporter Samuel L. Jackson, I have had it with these motherful snakes.
Speaker 4: Everybody stap here abouts and parking windows.
Speaker 1: It's a lively old bulletin last night it was there's a lot going on.
Speaker 10: Well, I joy now, I've actually never seen that movie.
Speaker 1: Haven't your snakes and a plane? Don't worry about it. Don't waste your avaliable time. You're not going to get back. No, it is one joke. You can look at a tiptot, click clip and you get it. Yeah, hey, Brendan, You've got you won two thousand dollars.
Speaker 8: Bloody beautiful, Christian, that's awesome.
Speaker 1: Listen. I hope you and your whole family. Yeah, and Bethany has a great eighteenth on Monday. Congratulations, bloody beautiful.
Speaker 10: Thanks again.
Speaker 3: Christian appreciated the Christian o'connal show podcast.
Speaker 1: I know, I know, I know, I know I've forgotten. Sorry, but I know a lot of you have been listening yesterday and the day before, like, hey, hey, hey, funny boy, what do you cook for dinner last night? Yeah? Okay, I did cook my third Nagi recipe in a row. Wow her chili on Chili con carn on Sunday night, spagbo on Monday night last night. These are not my words. These are Nagi who we worship on the show of Recipes and Eats. This is the most popular of all chicken breast recipes I have ever published. That one line claim you've got me, plus she said, I guarantee this is a juicy, oven baked chicken breast. But sometimes a chicken breast can be dry.
Speaker 2: It gets card boardy.
Speaker 1: Just the next a couple of minutes and it's you know, you'd hear too much of the clanking. That's the knife there on there on the clanking, carve up that dry, old, flaky, desiccated, good word, dehydrated chicken breast. Not this so good, was it? There are two and a half, no sorry, five thousand, six hundred thirty three five star comments.
Speaker 2: Well it's good enough for them. I have added, Oh, you've done your first comment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's pending pending moderation at the moment. Get ready world, Okay.
Speaker 2: Pending moderation, right, a lot, swizz.
Speaker 1: There's no swearing in there. There's no swearing. But I've I've actually added my first ever online review.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, well done.
Speaker 1: Give it up when it's really good. It deserves to be, as that very exciting guy it's about. I can't wait to share it with you what I wrote on there as well. I'm thinking, as there maybe a new thing we could start, because these days everyone's a reviewer. Yeah, anytime you can leave a review, can we create some kind of game or competition where we give them a word of the day the person who can most creatively put that to an online review. It's a private joke between just the people that listen to this radio show. The rest of the world will just put flibberty gibbs an odd word to say about a shoe. Okay, each to her own, but we will know. Oh they've used so the best way interview anyway. Okay, Patsy, you're getting excited about Stranger Things. Season five doesn't come out. They're doing it, like you said last week, they're doing it in batches, aren't they.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Season five four episodes on November the twenty sixth, three episodes on Christmas, and then the finale news eve.
Speaker 4: They're drip feeding it to it, which is good over Christmas.
Speaker 1: Yes, Tree, I like it. It's like you're opening up another little present that's been hid around the back of the tree. Think it'd be a lovely thing because I like you, Patsy, our family, we cannot wait for it to come out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we'd loved it. We're a bit late to the party, so all so good. Yeah, she was a bit scared when it first came out, but it is scary.
Speaker 1: I found it very scarce.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so we were finally getting to the finale yesterday afternoon. She's already what.
Speaker 1: You are season four season three.
Speaker 4: So no, we're finished right up to season five coming out, So we were you smashed.
Speaker 1: Through shore like two weeks ago you were starting.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 4: We've loved it, absolutely loved it, Like.
Speaker 1: Isn't the soundtrack? God? The whole action and it is.
Speaker 4: Good, The whole thing is just fabulous.
Speaker 1: But Papa.
Speaker 4: So creepy.
Speaker 1: He's in everything there, that guy, and he's a creeping everything with his big white hair. That did it or controlling someone to do. And then in real life he married. He was the wedding celebrant for Billy Joel. What's the lady the female actress did Bobby boy Bobby Buddy boo? That's today's word today the phrase at bays you go there and he say Billy Buddy boo? Was he really Billy Joe? Billy Joel? No juicy chicken.
Speaker 4: Dinner because she married for Job's son.
Speaker 1: That's right. Was the wedding I thought when I saw the post, I thought it was a t They've expanded the universe bon Jovi's sons involved. Now they're not going to hurt him in this. Otherwise that's really going to be a big eighties kind of vibe and a war. But yes, he was the wedding suthing Matthew Modine, the actor. Wow. Right.
Speaker 4: So it was, you know, right at the climax, and I was starving. I hadn't eaten all day and we were watching Stranger Things. It was like, oh my god, like the last episode. So my god. So I just went to the pantry. Needed something really quick, and I just got a box of the good old Savoy biscuits. Oh brilliantvoid business right, And I thought, I'll just have a nibble on those and then we'll get dinner underway. Bob's your uncle.
Speaker 1: It'll be good.
Speaker 4: But I was banished from the lounge room because apparently I was eating too loud.
Speaker 1: Go figure, let's playback. Oh my goodness, that's so loud. Someone standing on gloves in a tense moment like this worre thing at the cinema. Is someone just over to your left shoulder doing Oh you have to do it because I don't just wait, pump it into your crisps. Then it's not unwrapping the wrappers slowly, But that makes it worse his torture. Get on with it. It's impressive you're able to eat that loudly?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 1: That wouldn't say it's impressive. I would say it's iggressive.
Speaker 4: Driving Chris insane, and he snatched the box and he said, sorry, you're going to have to like either go in another room and eat those or not eat and watch. So into another room now.
Speaker 1: But just ken, and you've heard the audio. You don't think it is the biscuit?
Speaker 6: Yeah, so I heard it last night and that does not sound like a Safoy crunch.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, no, it's a Savoy biscuits.
Speaker 1: What do you think it is?
Speaker 6: It sounds like a Smith's cheap or something thinner.
Speaker 1: No, no, I think you are. In my mind, I had like a chicken flavors, the smith's cris the corrugated sort of wavy one. Are they they're louder?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I think I think you're trying to sort of hire since bouquet up pretend too common having the smith's crisp.
Speaker 4: Can I say, shopping day is Friday? There is no way that there are still chips left in our pantry by a Tuesday. Not last that long.
Speaker 1: The biscuit you're saying this is savoy. The Savoy is a softer. It's delicate, but I don't think it's as crunch as this. That's a proper chip. It's just crisp. No, no, no, it's that is too thin. What's been broken there? And the savoy has a greater density.
Speaker 5: I would say three or four pringles stacked together.
Speaker 1: Actually my sour cream. Listen, yeah, okay, yeah, sour cream, yes, yes, yeah, So Matt, what do you think it is?
Speaker 6: I think it's a Smith Chip crunchy one.
Speaker 1: What we're playing here is a kind of snack Chazam. Listens, what do you think that is?
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell show go On podcast.
Speaker 1: We're about to talking about memories that have a smell. These are called smellaries. Before that, though, Patsy was just telling us about last night. She's just finished season four or Stranger Things ahead of the big season five one that drops at the end of November than over Christmas, and she was saying that this was a savoy that she's crunching. Real Now there's some consternation amongst a team that Actually, Producer, Kaitlin, you don't believe that is the savoy.
Speaker 6: It's just not the sound of savoy. That's the sound of a Smith chip crunching. It's so thin sounding.
Speaker 1: Christian, I'm hearing this. I'm hearing one hundred percent of dorito, you'll get the combined hard and crunchy and then the soft air pocket in one chip. I know this crunch. I felt this crunch. This is the crunch we hadn't thought about the whole dorito. Is this a dorito now? Air pocket? Yes, air pocket, that sharp triangular. It's the crisp toblerone. Isn't it be careful not to get at wedged at the palette the top of here like a toberone?
Speaker 5: And would you normally just eat savoys by themselves to dryhmember.
Speaker 4: The savoy has little air pockets throughout it, like tiny little pin pricks through the biscuit.
Speaker 1: True, good counterpoint there, Christian, I with Patsy. It's definitely one hundred percent a savoy. Yes, they're hard, they're crunchy, dry as a bone also, which is why I'm suspencing. It definitely is found in every Bogan household. How very jaious, how very rude for a cheap cheese board. I hate that map.
Speaker 2: It could be wrong.
Speaker 1: Logan out of your mouth. No, no, no, no, all right. Let's move on then to smells with a memory partic kating. It's daveled off cool water for you? Is that right?
Speaker 4: Without a doubt.
Speaker 2: It's just my.
Speaker 1: Teen year I used to smear myself and this stuff, go out looking for a girlfriend. Reacon of it like a kind of David offer so much it was a repellent.
Speaker 4: Yeah, mine, I reckon.
Speaker 6: I got it at the age of fourteen as my first ever perfume, and.
Speaker 4: I wore weigh too much to school.
Speaker 1: Off cool water.
Speaker 2: You were you wearing women's perfume?
Speaker 1: We Hey, listen, it's twenty twenty five. You know it wasn't back there she was. You're probably just curious.
Speaker 11: No, there was a woman's version of it.
Speaker 7: I think it was a light.
Speaker 1: Of blue, that's right. Yeah, yeah, let's let's go with that one. I didn't want to. I don't want to nudgine that way. You know, it's not it's not for me, but anyway level.
Speaker 5: Cool of course was that Michael Bolton.
Speaker 1: I think it is definitely marketed for the kind of rugged guy like you, like me and our friend Klee. To be honest, you know, just confused. She's rugged, she's rugged, she's rugged. We'll agree with rugged. I'll tell you what though, I still love that that smell. I don't buy it anymore. But when I'm at an airport and you know you've got some time to kill and go and wander around those old school sets, they're still there, aren't they.
Speaker 2: In the little cardboard.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, and they're very aggressive salespeople leap out from behind the brain. Yeah, they do without equal before you could even Shane. Oh, I still have.
Speaker 4: One in my glove box. Oh do you? I don't know what it is.
Speaker 6: I have just kept it in there, and I reckon, I've had it in there for ten years and I use it before I go to the gym, just to sprit before.
Speaker 1: Why not in a fresh enough It's like a thing. Yeah, I like that. Yeah, maybe tomorrow the show What's in your glovebox? You've got David off co Water that is high end glove boxing. I've got to be honest, all right, Patsy, what's what's the smellery for you to smell? With her memory?
Speaker 3: You know what it is?
Speaker 7: For me?
Speaker 4: It's youth Jew perfume, which was an este Lord perfume. You can still get it. And my mum and all of her sisters, so my seven aunts, they all wore youth jew and so whenever I smell.
Speaker 1: It, I've never heard of a pats.
Speaker 4: It's gorgeous. Madonna wears it apparently, and they used to get it in like the bath oil form, so it was even more pungent when I smell it. I also smell cigarettes smoke in amongst it, because of course everyone smoked.
Speaker 1: In that eighty my Auntie's did, uncles.
Speaker 4: Even though there's no sort of nicotine scent within.
Speaker 1: The niketine behind the ears nicotines.
Speaker 4: These and my aunt's and mum, it's always.
Speaker 1: What is to smell of a careful pronouncing that into this world right now with everything's going on out there.
Speaker 2: You must.
Speaker 1: You it's not chanuting that again, we could get canceled.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it's like a husky, musky sort of heavy.
Speaker 2: It's very heavy.
Speaker 1: Anyone want anyone looking for a musky heavy I want to smell. I'm going to be at the airport flying away Friday and I'm going to go and find one.
Speaker 2: I'm looking.
Speaker 1: I'm looking for something that's heavy and musky. What have we got? Have you got any meal?
Speaker 4: Jew It's actually really lovely.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell sh podcast.
Speaker 1: The only way we're going to settle was Patsy really chomping in a savoy last night? It's by going and getting some right now. Don't worry, Sue. The boss is diverting on the way to work today to do her day's job running a radio station, to get savoys for the show. So Patsy, we can recreate and then we will settle once and for all. Is it Derrito? Is it a smith's Chris? Or is this a savoy? Do you know what we've someone into? It's bigger than the secret, sound secret, Chris.
Speaker 2: We ain't got a million dollars?
Speaker 1: All right? Keep it light, Christian. My smellery is the smell that's a memory, has to be the impulse. Deodrant takes you back to high school pe Christian Town. Patsy. I wear youth jew every day, as did my late mum. Everyone compliments me on it.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, it's a classic, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Patty mu mum wore it as well. I have her bottles stood in my covered. I love it. That's wrong with shell. I've just had a look online and I don't want to, says Lorder. So it's been going for years, yes, nineteen twenty. Very popular with Hollywood actresses. Patsy mentioned Madonna that's not mentioned here, but Glorias Swanson, John Crawford and Dolora's del Rio.
Speaker 2: R Wow, Madonna.
Speaker 1: No no one aer the age of nine hundred and that I've googled. What is it actually smell like? A tea scented library?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Really, summon gym. I'll wear it in tomorrow, I reckon?
Speaker 1: We would you say? Would you agree with this? Then? A balsamic resins deep amber, dark peculi, powdery, warm vanilla, all balancing each other. Youth jew is one of those perfect perfumes you'll remember even if you only smell it once.
Speaker 4: Yes, it does have a powdery finish in the nostrils.
Speaker 1: Someone it reminds you of your aunties. But it's been he's been called one of the sexiest fragrances ever created. Ideal for you, sexy aunties.
Speaker 2: None of those smells are particularly old.
Speaker 1: My wife splits a little bit about samic behind her is I cannot resist rio?
Speaker 4: A cheaper?
Speaker 1: That's some powdery, Yeah, balance out with some olive oil. Is that cold press? Sarah? That's not a bit too much?
Speaker 2: A beautiful salad, all right.
Speaker 1: So we're asking what's the smellary for you rain on a hot road takes you straight back to being a kid. I know what you mean. Al. The smell of sawdust reminds me of ours spending my grandfather's shed making wooden models of boats. And what is this kind of Steven Spielberg childhood you have? It's not mine. If I wasn't in my grandfather's shed, he would have locked me in there, but not with him.
Speaker 4: You know what else sawdust makes me think of is the butcher shop as a kid, because butcher shops here, they used to have sawdust on the floor.
Speaker 1: Ah, right, for what when they spilt the blood?
Speaker 4: Well I guess it was, but yeah, it was just what.
Speaker 2: A sexy frame?
Speaker 1: Really heavy live you know. Toby fireplaces makes me spell like my grandparents' house, Burnt toast, smelly, gel pans, smelly, what's that strawberry shortcake dolls? It takes me straight back to primary school. The smell of freshly cut grass. Darryl Lee shops, they smelled so good. This one, No, I know, this one came through a lot. Actually yeah, but I would say one of the top two ones I got was the Darrell Lee shops. They smelled so very distinctive. Smells the story now and a lot of love for the purple printer ink from worksheets in the eighties.
Speaker 3: Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Today, second of July is exactly the midpoint of this year. If we're on a sea saw perfectly balanced.
Speaker 2: One hundred and eighty third day of the year.
Speaker 1: Wow, this is amazing, isn't it. We are in the midpoint of this year twenty twenty five. Last week on Wednesday we were talking about we see Wednesday as the kind of like it saw. It's halftime. Look back at the first half. You have you let a few in, you're winning or losing. Tip the defence, come on the attack, Okay, part of the bus. Just God, it's been a good week so far. Can now free will for the rest of this week. I've done the task I want to do. I've actually ticked off more than one thing on my to do list. So actually today I urge everyone, and it might not be you might be on your way to work right now, spend a little bit of time, right I know you busy lies, but I think you'll get something out of this. I started to do it last night, just for ten minutes. I actually found it really good. And I was talking to my wife and kids. Now, over the next couple of days, we're all going to do it and talk about how our year has gone so far. Love that, and then how we feel about the next half of the year, because you still got time to change things and stuff like that. You know, new intentions, you might want to see some new things anyway. So I was thinking last night, like my year so far twenty twenty five, I think our lives are a lot like seasons. And sometimes when you think about it, you can probably tell me what's seasoning right now. And I don't mean the season and where we are right now winter. I mean actually for you in your life right now, you could be in a summer. You could be in a spring, you could autumn. I actually could be a winter in your life. I would say for a lot of this year, it's been a winter. It's been still I would say. The overall theme for me and my wife has been letting go. Yeah, youngest daughter left home in February, and then even Jack Post leaving the show as well. That's all this departure, letting go actually of old stories, old identities, and then a really big one I've known. It's spoken about the show yet because it wasn't confirmed. To the end of last week. We sold our family home.
Speaker 4: Oh you've saw that.
Speaker 1: We're sold. That is huge And it's very strange, Patsy, because normally when you sell a house, you have someone that you're excited about going to. Yeah, we haven't gotten you.
Speaker 2: You're homeless, we're homes Can.
Speaker 1: You guys start pulling me out and share me, you know, at school at that pet and you'd have the guinea pig for a bit, you know, you've my way this week?
Speaker 2: Well, actually, Will and I am looking for a place maybe we can swap.
Speaker 1: Okay, this strange thing where like we don't know where we're going. We've got a long settlement now, so we've got a good couple of months until January, so we've got time. We think we're going to rent for a year and just work out what we want to do next, maybe a new area and stuff like that. But that family home, it's been a great home for me. In the kids, they've literally grown through their time here and they entered preteens and now one of them as eighteen. Ruby's about to turn twenty one. She was turning thirteen fourteen when we moved into that home, so we and then we found out that people buying it, you know, and then we do what are the odds? They have got two kids and they came around last week. They wanted to see the house. We left for half an hour for the kids to pick out new bedrooms. Ah, the same age as Ruby and Loewe's work when they moved into the house.
Speaker 2: As meant to be.
Speaker 4: I remember them doing that. There's this house that you just remember. They were fighting over who what room was?
Speaker 1: What? Isn't that a beautiful I saw it like that missus O'Connell Burston's tears the car. It's a lot, a lot, I will say. So. Yeah, it's been a letting go, a kind of what DoD snakes do snakesuit. But now do you know what I feel this tremendous newness coming in?
Speaker 2: Yes, I really do.
Speaker 1: An Alex coming into the show. Alex is joining us in a couple of weeks time. We'll be back from our break where we're here for another couple of days and we've got a two week break. Alex joined the show represents that we will find a new home. Don't anyone worrying about us, like why say paining him? I thought the show, the station, get him over and now he's on the streets and wandering around. Let this hobo, we all find someone need to live. But I feel there's tremendous new a newness now and it's it's a spring. Yeah, so second off that year, I feel like a new harvest coming in. For the last two years I've been struggling with I couldn't get I couldn't get something right with a new book I really desperately want to write. I kept thinking it was something starting it, starting, it stopping. Just in the last five days, I've got it. Let's clicked, I've got the golden thread. Now I've got it. And also I know what my new coaching course am going to launch in August is going to be as well. Tired in with what the new book is going to be about, so excited. Thanks guys for hearing that. Soria, where are you? What's? What's? This has been a big year for you, mate. You have stepped in in really dramatic circumstances and been tremendous for me, Patsy and this team. You've done an amazing job mate, Well done.
Speaker 2: Thanks man. I appreciate that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I guess it feels like a I guess maybe more of a summer for me, like an abspletely new season stepping into you know, Jack's old cheer has been great, but for me, I guess even the bigger thing for me and my family has been just in April, we went to South Korea and just for a bit of context, and my eldestly to Kimberly she's adopted from South Korea. My middle sister, Alex, she's IVF baby, and I was very much an accident. My parents obviously didn't think they could have kids, and that's when Kimber came along first, you know, in nineteen eighty six, and mom and dad had sort of given up on having kids and they were about to go to Europe when they got a call from the adoption agency saying, hey, we've actually got a daughter for you. And the woman came over and she showed mom the book of a photo of Kimber, and Mom and dad always say they said, we knew straightaway that this was our daughter and this was a beautiful story. Yeah, they just looked into her eyes and there and they just knew. And for us Kimber being adopted was never a huge deal. It was just more of an afterthought really, like a fine little fact. Yeah, and now forty years on, it was Kimber's fortieth birthday and she sort of had this desire then to go over to South Korea and find and au guest look start looking for her birth mum, which was a massive thing for our family.
Speaker 2: And how are you mum and dad with that?
Speaker 1: Because obviously they are her mom and dad, but there's obviously for people that go through that, there must be some part of the story that they really feel like they want to try and find out.
Speaker 5: Definitely, it's hard to say for Mum and dad have been incredible throughout the process.
Speaker 1: I saw them. And also what Rio was talking about was on the project about two weeks ago and it's about a twelve minute piece. They doing it because actually your other sister is a comedian. Yeah, and she did the You're all in it And I tell you what the project did. Bless the project no longer with us now, but they did an amazing job with your family and that story.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they was.
Speaker 1: I mean I was in tears watching it was and your mum and dad what humanity and joy. It just shines through your whole family. Actually, but it must have been hard for them as well.
Speaker 2: I think so.
Speaker 5: I think on some level it was really difficult. But Mum has really been the driving force.
Speaker 1: I saw it just like then Rio, because I watched it twice. I've had it so moving. Your mom a constantly writing and making efforts to try and find out more about Kimberly's parents on her behalf without Kimberly even knowing.
Speaker 10: Yes.
Speaker 2: So a couple of things happened.
Speaker 5: One when kimber went to the adoption agency and asked, you know, I'd like to find out more. They're actually closing down in May. They've closed down now and so they said, we're not taking any more appointments.
Speaker 2: So Mum was hounding them and hounding them.
Speaker 1: And call him.
Speaker 5: And actually, Mum's the most determined woman in the world, and she actually kind of implied to the adopted agency that Mum was dying and.
Speaker 1: She's don't mess with them to go to Korea for it.
Speaker 5: So she, I mean, she's very well versed in the guilt trip is Alice.
Speaker 1: It's a power move, use it, Mamaly, So she gives she's using her powers for the greater good.
Speaker 3: She is.
Speaker 1: So we all went over there as a f she's dying.
Speaker 2: She said, I'm good, I'm really getting on. I don't know how much time.
Speaker 1: I've got work awesome. I mean I don't really do true technically, she's right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So we all went over with Kimber. Yeah, in April, the whole family, even my sister's kids, my nephews, we.
Speaker 2: All went over there.
Speaker 5: We're in this old gray municipal municipal building and yeah, this woman, this little Korean lady, comes over and she brings this folder, this like big binded folder.
Speaker 1: That's the story of you, or what we know about you.
Speaker 5: It's still it's one of those really surreal outer body experiences where you know she I can still see her plunking it down on the table in front of us, and just the whole world fades away and you're just looking at this thing that and it's so administrative and like unremarkable, but.
Speaker 2: It holds this whole other life to your sister.
Speaker 5: You've known your whole life, and it's just sitting there in front of you.
Speaker 1: What you did? Did you leave her in the room? Does she want some time with it alone?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: You're actually not allowed to. They have to supervise every file. We're not allowed to take them back. They just have to show us. We can take photos. But we all just sat there and she took us through it. And the most you know, we learned a lot about Kimber's mum and that was amazing. But for me, the most incredible part was and Mum had totally forgotten she'd done this. She'd had every single year written handwritten letters to Kimber's birth mum and included all Kimber's school report cards and photos and every.
Speaker 1: Year, so she updating just in case she ever wants to make contact with her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because Mom said, we didn't know she did.
Speaker 1: What a great generous self listening to do.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And Mom says, you know, if she was in Kimber's birth mom's position, she would she would know. She can't imagine how difficult it would have been for her, and she would have wanted to know as much as she can. And we didn't know she'd done that, and Mum had forgotten as well.
Speaker 2: And so when she pulled this out, I mean that destroyed me.
Speaker 1: That was it was like a scene from a movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was. It was it was.
Speaker 5: I can't even really put into words because you've just got, you know, this sadness.
Speaker 2: For this poor woman, give it up.
Speaker 5: But also it's so grateful because if that didn't happen, kimber wouldn't have.
Speaker 2: Been in our lives.
Speaker 5: And then mum writing these beautiful letters and and sadly the mum has never made contact with the adoption agency, so they've just.
Speaker 1: There's so much trauma and sadness on the other side of what was what happened as well.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, yeah, and that's and that's all bundled up, and I'm still processing, and I think we all are as a family.
Speaker 1: And how's Kimberly now? She is?
Speaker 5: You know, I'm so, I'm so. I'm more proud of kimmer than anyone I know.
Speaker 1: He's doing a great job.
Speaker 5: She's actually changed careers in the past a couple of years and she's an adoption counselor.
Speaker 2: And yeah, she's so much great.
Speaker 1: She's helping other people like her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's helping other people like her, and she's helping herself.
Speaker 5: And because there's not what she doing. She was in pr and then.
Speaker 1: Talk about pivots a lot. That's a soul pivot, pivot, and all that that she must have felt on some level despite a very very you know, loving family, there's still some part of her child, but that felt rejected.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent.
Speaker 5: And you can never no matter, you know, we had an idellic, you know story for childhood.
Speaker 2: You still you never you know, you've been abandoned.
Speaker 1: She's using that wo to be actually a gift to other people. Yes, yeah, you talk about being of service. Your sister's living. How inspirational.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she really is.
Speaker 1: She is. She's a counselor.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she's Yes, specializes in adoption because a lot of especially adopted adults, have a lot of stuff and they're still working through. So yeah, she's done a lot of work on ourselves. Now she's helping a lot of other people work on themselves. And yeah, I couldn't I truly couldn't.
Speaker 1: Be more propus. It must be so proud. We're proud of you mate as well, you too tell that story and well done for this year as well. All right, we're gonna take a break, so listen, I'm telling you now, take some time today, right, don't rush into it. We're carrying on doing this tomorrow and Friday, it is a great thing to do to think about today's July the second you're at the midpoint of this year, how has it been so far? Email me Christian at christiano'connell dot com dot au. Will share if you want. Let me know whether you want to keep it just privately, you just want to share it with me, or you're happen to me is sharing them on the show. I wouldn't want to upset anybody, but email me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au. Tomorrow we'll get into yours. Patsy. What are the odds coming up next?
Speaker 3: Well, don't I The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Still haven't given away this week's Instant caller of the Week for story we Love You went instant. One thousand dollars could go to your next fifteen minutes on thirteen fifty five twenty two. Don't make me regret this particip Kaitlin ru has told me that you've got a story. I do now often it's good. No, no, you say that about anything. The quality control is broken beyond repair with you. The seven and one greater that actually grated.
Speaker 3: Nothing, it was still great.
Speaker 1: I have no, no, no, no, it was I couldn't go back anyway.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So what happened at the weekend? I went shopping wedding dress shopping with my mother. My mother is from northern New South Wales, Tweetheads, where I'm from.
Speaker 1: What are the odds is that it she.
Speaker 6: Flew into Melbourne to go wedding dress shopping with me. Anyway, we go to the first shop, fantastic, go to the second shop.
Speaker 3: We walk in.
Speaker 6: This woman gets allocated to me. She was a lovely lady. And we go to the wards, the back, and then I thought, oh, go and have a look at small dresses. You guys just mingle around here, have champagne. As I'm walking back, She's like, I hear her going, I think you were my grade three teacher. The girl that was allocated to me for my wedding dress shopping was taught by my mother, who was a teacher.
Speaker 2: In grade three.
Speaker 1: That is what are the odds?
Speaker 3: It was crazy?
Speaker 1: Wow? And all right, let's go to Fife here. Good morning, Fiona, good morning, welcome to the show. What are what are they? You got it? Fe fee off?
Speaker 12: You go okay, Well, I don't know whether whether or you're going to believe this or not. I was on holiday in Engypt and I met a couple from Canada.
Speaker 1: Now got to stop you. I don't know if you're moving around, but you're breaking up. So if you are moving around, can you stand still? That's all right because I just want to hear your story.
Speaker 2: Okay, there we go.
Speaker 1: We've got your crystal clear reception. Now and rewind play.
Speaker 11: I was in Egypt on a holiday, a small group holiday. Met a family, sorry, a couple from Canada, hung out together or the rest at the end of the holiday. Hi see yeah, great seeing you. Six months later, I was on holiday make your picture. Turned the corner and guess who I ran into the couple.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, the Vancouver's.
Speaker 11: Well, I don't know my self. I'm there, no holiday, hated six months beforehand, been six months later, went into at anything like that.
Speaker 1: Incredible love it. That's a great story, Fiona. Thank you very much for sharing. Thank you for standing still. There we go here, Dave, Dave, good morning, welcome.
Speaker 10: To show Christian your legend.
Speaker 1: Here you go, I'm going, Dave, welcome to show what are the odds? My friends, Mike, what are the odds?
Speaker 10: The odds are one in fifty million.
Speaker 1: Whoa wow, that is a big claim.
Speaker 2: I like your numbers.
Speaker 1: It's a fax, let's hear it.
Speaker 7: I going on a contiguate tour. Started off at London hey Fra Airport. Help this guy with long silky hair carry some shoes to a car. Ended up being no other than Jimmy Chooes. Took me to all the London fashion shows everywhere, made me stay at his place for three days before they can take it to a.
Speaker 1: Hung out with Jimmy cho.
Speaker 7: He hung out with actually he hung out with me.
Speaker 1: The right way around there too. If he was lucky, a golden god like you.
Speaker 2: How did it start? How did Why are you helping him with the shoes?
Speaker 10: Yeah? So he was carrying two boxes. A couple of shoes fell out.
Speaker 7: And I asked him if he needed some assistance. He actually said, this is the first time someone.
Speaker 10: Actually approached me to ask me for help.
Speaker 7: In return of a limo pulled up, put the shoes in the car and he took me to his apartment.
Speaker 10: He started off.
Speaker 7: He had started off with two workers and he had he was like fixing shoes downstairs. There was the very first place that he had.
Speaker 1: What like a cobbler. He's doing the shoes downstairs.
Speaker 5: Yes, well you think Jimmy Chu would have people that can help him with some shoes.
Speaker 4: Stranger then before he was really famous.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and his real name, Jimmy Choo. Is that his actual name?
Speaker 7: Yeah? That was.
Speaker 10: I had the best three days of my life.
Speaker 1: Oh. I bet you're still in touch now.
Speaker 7: Just with his assistant. I send him emails every now and then. But you know, it was it was a fair few years ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I've gone like.
Speaker 7: High and mighty and he stayed the same.
Speaker 1: Whatever. I'm that guy. But look at Dev right now, tearing it up rueboy style. Yeah, Dev love it. I love you. What do you do now, viv lady shoes?
Speaker 7: No, No, I'm actually a tennis coach.
Speaker 1: And are you coaching anyone good at the moment? You coached any future champions?
Speaker 7: No, I'm hoping curious books.
Speaker 1: I should all right, that time is up now, uh Deav thank you very much, she called the show. I don't know what I'm showing. Dev, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: She called the show Christian love your mike.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much. Just because Dive was showing me, didn't just calm it down?
Speaker 3: Now The Christian o'condal show podcast.
Speaker 1: Last Few Stories Now for What are the Odds? Every Wednesday, stories of coincidence and chance. Good Morning, Erin, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 10: Hi are you?
Speaker 1: I'm good Eron. Okay, So your story? What have you got for his money?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 13: I decided to take my young son to story time at the library, and thanks a news friend, I got her talking small talk with this mom a few times and I knew her baby's name was Avery. And then on the third or fourth week, I decided this is it. I'm gonna start a real conversation.
Speaker 10: Mate.
Speaker 13: We can get a coffee afterwards. So I walk in there. She looked really nice. You don't have hair and makeup. I thought maybe she had something on afterwards, but I talked to her anyway. So I'm like, oh, how are you you know? A really nice day today? It's Avery, right, And she looked at me horrified. She says, how do you know that? And I'm like, oh my gosh, she doesn't remember me and then walks in the woman I had been speaking to for three months. There were two Avery's in the class.
Speaker 1: Oh that's incredible. Eron that what a story.
Speaker 4: I never went back, No, got lucky.
Speaker 1: He Wow, that's nuts. That's a rare chance, that something that can happen. Wow. I love that story. Erin, thank you very much for sharing that. Thank you all right, thanks you on the show. Karen, Good morning, Good.
Speaker 2: Morning, good morning.
Speaker 1: Can I have you go right there?
Speaker 14: Yeah, yeah, I just look at my phone's next briefly something.
Speaker 1: Oh I got you, Karen? All right? What's your story? Coincidence and chance for us?
Speaker 14: So I moved into a street with my husband, a bit of a Ramsey street that turns out to be and we made friends with the neighbors directly across the road, with beautiful couple Lozzi and Simon, and they got married and moved out, and an older lady moved in bought the house, and we got to know her a little bit. And we went up to our local shops at Christmas time to see the community choir sing. And who would is singing in the choir but Lozzy and the new neighbors. So the two women who lived directly across the street in the same house, we're in the same choir, sister act. And I had to tell them that they were now living in each other's house.
Speaker 1: Gotcha? All right, Karen, thank you very much for calling. Thanks. Do you reckon that one? Singing in the class Anthony?
Speaker 10: Good morning Christian, Hey buddy, I've.
Speaker 1: Got I've got high hopes to you. Anthony.
Speaker 10: Yeah, we're good. That's a good one.
Speaker 1: Good good, off, you go off, you go ant what you got it? Buddy? What are the odds?
Speaker 10: So on the weekend I was reading my Richard Hammond book and I was at the section where is getting the call from top Gy that he's got the job as he's reading my phone ring, my actual mobile phone ring. At the same time, I went, ah, this is crazy. Is not this again? Is top Gear's top exactly? I go and tell my partner and I show her the book. She starts reading it. It's got to the part where it says the phone rings my phone ring is again.
Speaker 1: Right, how about you bring the book in on the show tomorrow. You go around me, Rio and Pat. We start reading the bit where the phone rings to test it. Can we keep this going? You're gonna passed about. You've got to so fun the power in Richard Allman's book and the phone ring and summoned the course the Genie out of the lamb you're awaking the spirit. What a story, not once but twice.
Speaker 10: That's happened once before the ring? Where yet you saw a video? Yep, And as soon as the video rings, as soon as the video plays, your phone rings. That happened to me, then.
Speaker 1: Someone is calling you from the other side. Pick up, pick up it up.
Speaker 10: Well I don't.
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, that's why I keeps calling. That's what. Yeah, one loto, we keep trying. When's a good time call us back, Anthony. That really was a great story. Thank you very much, a share of mote.
Speaker 3: Thanks for much, Christian, and again thank you Christian O'Connell show on podcast.
Speaker 1: All right time waste messy movies now I am. I'll be honest, a little bit of a messy pup. Oh yeah, well this is reassuring. Acculdn't. To a recent study, messiness goes hand in hand with genius, as though really messy they reckon one the message people, that was on Donald Trump one the message people. Ever, they say, real messy, messy people have been found to have higher IQs. Then I guess tidy thickies Da Vinci Edison O'Connell jobs all famously messy. Wow, I didn't know that, Einstein. You rarely read a news article about me that doesn't mention me. And it I'll be together.
Speaker 2: Aye.
Speaker 1: Einstein said, if a clutter desk is a sign of a cluttered mine, what then is an empty day? Scusid?
Speaker 2: And you have a very cluttered desk just to the.
Speaker 1: Patches are spotless. Messy movies, messy movies, disheveled wears Prada. That's actually a very good words. Looking a little bit disheveled today.
Speaker 2: Clutter islands.
Speaker 1: Let go, everyone on the floor. We love the movie Three Men in a Baby love movie. Yeah, very messy, any young babies, Three men in a bin back oh, bron Yes, absolutely deservedly so, a little bit disheveled in the south of there and uh, John Candy messy, messy, messy, that's right, Uncle Marx here silver Ria, what have you got? Messy movies?
Speaker 2: Hitchcock's made a big mess.
Speaker 1: Yes, smear window, Oh I do poop on the wist rear screen, Bronze hot.
Speaker 2: Top grime machine.
Speaker 5: I haven't cleaned it out in the wild, Silver Spilly Elliot Elliott gold, Yeah, that's good and mold school mold school gold plus.
Speaker 1: All right, we're looking for your messy movies.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell show gone, podcast.
Speaker 1: Time wasted today. It's so we're looking for your messy movies. Rio you're ready to Mark, I'm ready for the best in show. Village Cinema's Gold Class. See Jurassic World Rebirth this weekend at Village Cinema's Gold Class. It is a gold class group past you and three Big Price Forest Dump.
Speaker 2: That's gold.
Speaker 1: I had to see that too many times. Shart Locker, Ron Bronz terrible, Nathan Sloppenheimer sounds naughty plus soiling, Miss Stacy. Come on, we are never doing messy movies again. No, it's childish, actually dirty, dirty Harry Bronze, Horder, here's a who now that yes, well known Carl mold member. It's got a moldy member. It's from mrny Cole. I remember it's funny Nicole Wader, Lord of the Mins, Silver Buss, curious case of begrimed button.
Speaker 2: Oh, I've never heard that Ken impressive gold.
Speaker 1: Muppenheimer, Yah Silver, I'm Bethany into Smeller. That's gold plus Into Smeller, Dirty Nappy Gilmore and Thomas the Rankenchin.
Speaker 2: That's really good too.
Speaker 1: Melissa to that one who's best in show Rio Into Smell Into Smeller Worldne he's didn't put your name on it, but four one five that's the ending of your number. You have one. All right. So early this morning we were listening to This is Patsy last night on the couch watching Stranger Things. By the sound of it, eating rocks, Patsy said she was having Savoyd. We are not so sure. Could have been to Rito Calan. What do you think it was?
Speaker 6: I think it was Astley Smith chips on top.
Speaker 4: Of each other.
Speaker 1: All right, now we've got some actually sample chips contrib you to try now and see this once and for all.
Speaker 4: All right, let's go to Rito.
Speaker 1: Go to read Dorito first.
Speaker 2: It's not that.
Speaker 1: It's not like Now, go for the savoy.
Speaker 4: Now for the savoy.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's a savoy. I'm we kling. That's a lighter. No, no, this this was the audio.
Speaker 2: Now give us a savoy again. It's too It is a bit las.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, this is actually just terrible radio. Now this is someone's shovel chips mouth. It is not a way to end the show.
Speaker 3: Christian Show Podcast