Speaker 1: I would like to acknowledge the traditional owners of the land on which this episode is being recorded, the Coomboo Marry people. We pay our respects to elders past, present and emerging and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. Today I'm your host, Georgie Stevenson, and this is the Rise and Concer podcast. This is the podcast where we ch have mindset, self development and becoming your higher self mix soon with a lot of laughs, plus behind the scenes of my life running two businesses and being among Think of us as the perfect combo of brunch with your besties mixed with self development. No matter where you are in your journey, we're here to help you be curious, pull yourself out, and embrace radical self awareness. If you're ready to get into the driver's seat of your own life and stop letting life pass you by, then you're in the right place.
Speaker 2: Hello everyone, and welcome back to the podcast. Today's episode is a follow up from last week's EP where we spoke about the f boy theory. So if you haven't listened to that, i'd highly suggest listening to that one before you listen to this one and Funnily enough, in this episode, g is actually contradicting herself, so remember to use some discernment when listening to this, but we do think it'll be super valuable. Nonetheless, if you're someone who is currently on your self development journey and you feel a little bit disconnected from the relationships in your life, maybe you've drifted a bit from your partner or your close friends and you're not really sure what to do or where the line is between cutting a relationship off or deciding if you can hold space and have gratitude for those real relationships anyway, then this is the perfect episode for you. I know this is a current theme as we have seen it in the Facebook group a little bit, so I think you're all going to absolutely love it. But before we get into it, a quick recommendation from me. It technically isn't out yet, but it will be out when this EP goes live, and that is Bridgeton Season three, Part two, so I highly highly recommend that. I obviously haven't watched it yet, but they never miss so that is what I will be doing with my weekend. And another reminder as well, that we are starting the Riiz and Conker project this Sunday. We are so excited. The whole team is so excited. We're all going to be sharing what we're manifesting in the Facebook group. It is the last live round we will ever run. And if you are alumni as well, we do have an alumni option to purchase so that you can join this live round and be in the Facebook group with everybody else, and it's just going to be so magical and amazing. Are feeling the pool. I will leave the link in the show notes with more information, but we'll get straight into the episode.
Speaker 1: So in this episode, I know in a couple of episodes ago, I spoke to you guys about energetic Minimums, and if you haven't listened to that episode, highly recommend you do. We'll link it in the show notes, and it basically just talks about the concept of like what you accept and allow will continue. So if you have people treating you a certain way, having low vibrational behavior and you're accepting that, that's what will continue in your reality. And obviously if you want different, you need to move different. So it's having those hard conversations or getting you know, getting rid of those people and that sort of thing. I did want to honestly kind of contradict myself and bring a whole other conversation to this. But I do think it's really important to talk about this concept because what can happen is, you know, if you're listening to this podcast, you're a self development galley. You are either starting your self development journey or you're in the midst of it. And when we are on our self development journey, we do, like we do, tend to rise quite quickly. We learn these concepts, we embody these concepts, we see them working in our life, and we're like, yes, this is the life I want to live. I need to keep living by these you know, concepts and theories and ideas, and it's amazing. And so what can happen, though, is when people no longer align with us. You know, sometimes they just fall away, and that's amazing. But then sometimes you do have this kind of choice where you're like, do I just need to get rid of these people in my life because they're no longer serving me? But that can be hard if that is a husband, a wide, a family member, like you know, someone where it is a very serious relationship or a long term friendship. And so I did want to bring in a different conversation of what to kind of you know, do in those scenarios and how you can play in the duality of being so grateful for a relationship in a person for where they're at. So obviously, again, you guys need to use your discernment in this conversation. And obviously, if someone is just super toxic and they are just treating you not okay, obviously they get rid of them, they can leave like that is totally okay. But for example, I'm just going to tell you a couple of examples in my life. So a friendship example is my best friend Licinda, who I met when I was thirteen at high school. We you know, were so we were so close in high school and then especially after we finished high school when we went through our eighteen stage and we were partying a lot, very very close. So that's like, you know, a good eight years of being glued to each other's hips, seeing each other every week. And then I kind of went on my personal development journey. I found manifestation and I started really like delving myself in this work, and I very much you know, started evolving and changing, and she hadn't found personal development yet and we kind of went through this in between stage where we were definitely still friends, but I distanced myself from that whole scenario, that whole group and you know, her included, and I just wasn't really seeing her as much. When I did, it was, you know, fine, it was great. She's an amazing person. And I did have moments around like, oh do I you know, do I even want this friendship? And I'm sure she had those moments too, and like, honestly, there would be periods in there where we probably went six months without seeing each other. And what kind of happened though, is I still held on to that love for her, and I still had space for her to, you know, do whatever she was doing, you know, if she was still partying or you know whatever. I can't really remember, but I still had space for her while working on myself, and I think and then basically what happened is a couple of years later, she also got into self development. She also got into manifestation. She's actually also a manifestation coach herself. You know, she's done her life coaching course and shadow work course and she's very much into it and now whenever, and she also has two children, so she's a mom. So now whenever we catch up, we have the most beautiful, in depth conversations and she can absolutely meet me spiritually, emotionally, intellectually, and it's an amazing relationship. And I'm not gonna lie. I still don't see her sometimes for six months, but that's just more because we're so both of us are so busy. But it is this beautiful example of I didn't just cut her out of my life because she wasn't making the cut. Even though I was evolving, I you know, distanced myself, but I still held onto that love because she was a good person and I could see her other qualities and I could see that. And now I'm benefiting so much. And now I'm benefiting so much because I have this beautiful and credible relationship with her, of knowing her for you know, fifteen years now, of having that long term memories, that long term relationship, but then also this new and deeper, more connected relationship, which is you know, that's beautiful. So that's like a friendship. Example. Another example is with my husband Tim. Again, I went on my personal development journey, you know what, like eight ten years ago now, and he didn't go on his personal development journey till last year. So there was these huge and in saying that, I'm kind of seen in hindsight, he still very met me in ways of he showed me so much love, support, kindness, and even though maybe he wasn't meeting me at an intellectual or like emotional depth scenario, I was getting my cup filled with the other aspects. Yeah, and so I could, you know, contintinue that relationship. And also he wasn't He wasn't bringing down my growth. He wasn't like, no, don't go to that course, or don't do that course we can't afford it, or like, don't go to that retreat. He was very encouraging of my evolution and my growth while still just kind of doing his own thing. And so again I very much chose to obviously continue that relationship and not just put him in like put him in the bin and be like, no, he's not in self development, you're in the bin. And now again I'm benefiting a lot from him being able to meet me in other ways and that evolution. But if I had just gone, oh no, we're two different now, we're not meant to be together, I wouldn't be benefiting of what I am now. Of course, then on that flip side, there's the whole conversation of maybe if we did break up and I met someone or you know, or and that's totally a possibility. So I'm not saying there's a right or wrong. Yeah, that's kind of what I'm getting out, But I'm just saying, don't I think it can be from a place of ego when you do go nuh, they're not meeting me, You're out because even think of yourself, like you have gone through lag periods. You have gone through periods where you weren't conscious, you weren't into self development, and you had people who people who were at a higher consciousness hold space for you, keep you, you know, still talk to you, still have relationships with you. So I think there is this conversations for not completely getting people, you know, cutting people from your life because they're not meeting you, but really exploring can you hold that relationship? Can you still be your best self? Why that person maybe that you know, I'm not saying they're not being their best self, but they're into something different? Can you hold that?
Speaker 2: Something I like to think about too, is with those relationships that's helped me know the difference as to whether to continue to hold space and maybe just distance myself a little bit. First, actually like putting in a boundary and being like this is it is if that person A makes me feel good, Like do I feel somewhat filled up after seeing them? Or do they put me down or drag me down? Because obviously if they're putting you down, you need to put a boundary in place totally. And the fact that it's almost like do they fill up at least one of your buckets?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you.
Speaker 2: Might have one friend that maybe they're not into self development and manifestation, but they absolutely love reading all the same books as you, and they love watching the TV shows, and they love going to these concerts and stuff, and that is a value of yours and it fills up a cup of yours. So of course you're going to keep talking to them because you don't need one person to fill up every single bucket of yours. You can have multiple people and as long as they're filling up a bucket, it's fine, Yes, exactly.
Speaker 1: Well that's even like with Tim is he has not a lot of interest in like business. So for example, when I get home. I'll obviously update him of what's happening and H and R and C. But I'm not talking about business strategy with him, whereas I get that from Cooper. Yeah, and so again I'm not like being like war Tim, you're not into business, you're out which absolutely though for someone that might be super important that their partner is also business driven motivated and if you have acknowledged that part of yourself and that is a want and desire, go like, go and get that absolutely Again, That's what I'm saying. There's no right or wrong here, guys. It's you feeling into yourself, watching your ego. Because what our ego does is it protects us and it wants black and white. It wants there to be right and wrong. So any time that you're thinking something has to be an exact way or a certain way and there's no other option, that's when you know you're in your ego. And that's when you're like, oh, I even say to myself, can I see this a different way? And it's opening up your mind because the ego it brings us in and I'm using my hands again, but it puts the blinders on and it's like no, the only way you can be successful is if your husband's into business. That's not an actual truth. For example, I'm your evidence. So that's what I'm saying. Is for example, if you're like, no, but that's what I want, that's what I desire. Yes, that's amazing, that's beautiful. But just watch the beliefs of like it has to be this way or you know this will happen, because that's when you're like, Okay, I do need to open up my mind here. Yeah, but getting back to it again, and I think there is so much room for I just truly believe that if you keep working on yourself, you're clear with what you want and what you need, these people will either meet you, maybe it's years, maybe it's ars like me and Tim, or they fall away. And I've had both scenarios and both scenarios are beautiful. So you know, again, don't make it right or wrong. But also, like you said, tit, have a think about these relationships, like what are you grateful for? Is it that I actually really love that when I see them, we're not talking about personal development or business. We're talking about smart books.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I love that. Yeah, And again, don't get me wrong. You can have both. But also, like the relationships and the people you have around you, you've attracted them for a reason, and it's really beautiful to honor that reason. So again, what I want to do at the end of this episode is just give you some prompts to have a think about currently, like the relationship that you know you're you're men, maybe you know, not feeling as grateful for or like you feel like you might be tapping out of that relationship. And wait, before I go through these prompts, there's also a huge responsibility for you to have hard conversations about your needs, about your boundaries, about what you will accept. I've had those conversations with Tim. I've had the conversations of it's fine that you're doing your own thing, but these are my new needs, these are my new boundaries, these are my new desires in life. Are we aligned here? And then you know, we'll have that conversation again. With friendships, like, for example, that friendship with Lycinda. If she was constantly bringing me down, if she was like, you know, not meeting my needs, if she was not being a very good friend when I did see her, maybe that relationship wouldn't well, it wouldn't have continued. So she was still meeting my needs. She was still meeting something at some point, and that's why it continued. It's just now I get the benefit because I did hold onto that relationship and I didn't just cut it. Yeah, So again, think about this relationship that maybe it's a you know, a purse, a romantic relationship where you're like, I'm just not sure about it anymore. I feel like we've grown a part. Maybe it's a friendship where you're like, I feel like it's grown a part. And go through these problems and this will kind of help you get clear on what you want to do moving forward. Oh guys. Also these prompts that I say, there will be like a longer cinematic version in the Rise app where if you do want to feel really grateful for the people that are currently in your life and kind of like celebrate the differences, this meditation is going to be really beautiful for you, and it is in the Rise app. We'll put links in the show notes. And I think what's really beautiful with this sort of conversation is being able to hold duality in other people. And because if you think about it, it's a very kind of like godlike complex. If you just think everyone needs to be at my level, everyone needs to be here with me, otherwise you're out. Yeah, like that's you know, I don't know if I would like to be friends with that person. No, you do need to have space and depth and range for people being different, because otherwise, if you're just surrounded by Honestly, if you're surrounded by the exact same people around you who are doing the exact same things, who have all the exact same everything, you're never really going to grow alone or learn because you've just got like you're an echo chamber. So it is really beautiful to have different people in your life as long as they are adding value in some way. So let's go through these brom what are you grateful for in this relationship list? You know, five or ten things, whatever comes up, like what are you currently grateful for? Next prompt what is their love language? And even think about have you been showing love to them in their love language? Because I think sometimes again this is obviously more of a romantic relationship, but we can get in the oh, well, you know, they haven't been putting an effort and they haven't been this and whatnot. But then you actually think about it and you're like, well, I kind of haven't been either. And again it has to be that beautiful mutual exchange. So they've also got to be making some actions, and so do you. I then want you to think about the polarity in the relationship. Oh, let me actually talk about this. This is a problem, but let me talk about this. So I think polarity in relationships is so important. It's what it's the passion, it's the fire. And I think what can be really great is you listing, you know, what makes them different and almost why that benefits you. This is going to be huge. So let me give you an example. I was actually talking to someone about this, and in this conversation, he was saying, I often, you know, my ego would often go to this place where he works and his wife also works and they've got two kids. And he was saying, you know, I often he loves working, he loves his job. And he was saying, I often go to this place where I'm like, oh, if my wife didn't work, and if she was a stay at home mom, and you know, she just got the girl sorted, and it was like all sorted, our life would be easier. I'd be able to work more. You know, life would be easier. But then he's like, but hang on, let's have a thing. The benefits that I get because she's like this. So a benefit is financially, there is another income coming in, so financially it doesn't all rest on him. There's obviously a benefit to that. Another benefit is because she isn't just the stay at home mum who does everything, you know with the kids. He has such a beautiful relationship with his kids. He has to go to the soccer games, he has to go to the you know, take the girls to the doctors, and do all those things because sometimes she's working. And he knows because he is a workaholic. If she had it all sorted, he wouldn't go to half the things. And so he values being a good dad. So he's like, you know what, it's actually a huge benefit because it makes me a better dad because I literally have to be there. And so the alternative of like, oh, life would be easier, I could work more. It's like, do you act want that?
Speaker 2: I know?
Speaker 1: And again it's opening up your brain. It's being like, for example, let's even go to my relationship with Tim totally. Sometimes my brain goes, oh, would it be easier if I had another partner who had a business, who you know, was really into business or driven, you know, and really motivated and we can talk about business strategy. But the alternative to that is I'd probably fucking go crazy. Yeah, not crazy, sorry, I would probably never shut off. I probably wouldn't have the work life balance I have. Like, literally, when I get home, I don't think about work anymore. I have worked really hard on that, but I don't think about work anymore. I can be such a present wife and mum, so that actually benefits me so much that he's not like that.
Speaker 2: And a benefits Divy because she has parented at home with her totally.
Speaker 1: And so do you see how our brain could kind of play tricks on ourselves. And it could be that, you know, that self development, Maybe it's like that friendship and you're like, oh, I just wish me you know my friend was into self development. But it's like, well, then maybe you wouldn't have those conversations about pop culture, about the books, and you wouldn't have that beautiful enjoyment. So I think a huge thing that you can kind of hack your brain is think of the polarity of this relationship and the benefits that you get from it, And again, this will help open up your mind so you'll be less than your ego. Another good prompt is like just describing what this relationship brings out in you. So you like that relationship a tia you know, with the books and whatnot, that probably brings out like a really fun side of you and that's like, that's really cool that that comes out with that friend. Yeah. Again with me and Tim, it's like, because he is so calm, he makes me a calmer person. He makes me slow down, and that's a huge benefit to me. A good prompt is like what are you excited about in this relationship? Like think about like future plans or you know, what you guys want together, or like if it's with a friendship, like you know what's gonna happen in the future, and think about like what can be exciting about that. Like maybe with a friendship, it's like how cool when we're both mums together? Yeah, you know that that sort of moment. And then the last prompt is just how can you connect deeper with this relationship?
Speaker 2: Get our conversation cards.
Speaker 1: Absolutely get our conversation cards. That's a no brainer, like city up. But I think it's like, yeah, think about because often we it's so much easier to just go, nah, I'm out, you're not meeting me, your toxic and whatnot. It's actually harder to have hard conversations, to connect more, to meet them at their level. Like that's the harder thing to do, but often and you will get so much out of being the first one to take the step. And like I said, there's such a conversation for you shouldn't always be the one taking the step. You shouldn't always be the one dragging the relationship, you know, pulling this person up, and you will know when time's enough. But like take some ownership and it's like, oh, I have been kind of tapping out of this relationship. Can I connect more? Can I lean into this relationship?
Speaker 2: And I also like to think of it from the fact of when you're deciding whether to cut someone out or not, ask yourself, have I tried having a hard conversation with them? Have I given them the opportunity to meet me where I'm at? Because if roles were reverse, that's what that's what I would want like if my friend was feeling that, I would want them to say, hey, I'm feeling x y Z when you talk about this topic, or like I find you've been really down at the moment, what's going on? Like can we be a bit more positive? I would want that conversation to be had to give me that chance before cutting the relationship totally.
Speaker 1: And I think that's what makes you like a more emotionally intelligent person. I honestly think if you are just the one, you're like, nah, you're out. Like again, I think there is obviously a time and space, time and space for that, and again use your discernment in this podcast, but totally the harder option is having those hard conversations and is making those moves. But like you said to you, it's like, wow, what would you want? Especially if it is like a good relationship and it is like a good person and you know they've got a good heart. Thank you so much, hope you enjoyed that thought provoking episode. Bye Ron, Thank you so much for listening to another episode of the Rise and Conquer Podcast. If you enjoyed it and want more, come connect with us on Instagram at Rise Andconquer dot podcast and join our Facebook discussion group, a Right and Conquer podcast community. We're an independent podcast and we have a small team, so we do appreciate your time and support. If you have a spare moment, a follow or subscribe on whatever platform you listen to would be so amazing, And look, if you're feeling extra kind, a review on Apple Podcasts would be great.