Speaker 1: The Rising Conquer Podcast acknowledges the traditional custodians of the land which this episode is being recorded, the yugen Bear region. We further acknowledge country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and terrestrid Islander peoples today. Hello and welcome back to the Rise and Conquer Podcasts. This is the podcast for ordinary people who want to do extraordinary things. For sure, Look Tim was a billionaire, I'd definitely stay at home with Ivy, let's be honest. But also I probably still do the pod as my little side hustle. Hello and welcome back to the Rising Conker Podcast. It is your host, Georgie Stevenson, lawyer turned entrepreneur, business owner, new mum all the things. Today, we have a very fun episode for you all. Your favorite Timothy, my husband, is on the show. We recorded this EPP a while back because honestly, you guys just had too many questions for him to cover about our relationship and our parenthood journey together. So we have divided it up and this one is just more of like a quick fire, A bit of fun and kind of like a hotline, but on a Tuesday, because we like to do things a bit crazy.
Speaker 2: Here it's December. What even is time?
Speaker 1: Actually, we're so rogan December and I love it. So today we answer all your quick fire questions, like Tim have an allowance? How can you communicate your frustrations in a relationship? I think that was about him being frustrated with me? And are you allowed to go to strip clubs or magic mic shows? Plus Tim goes into if we have any rules for each other? So much more. It's a lot of fun. You guys literally loved him and yeah, he's bringing the fun to this episode. But before we get into the episode, of course, attire a quick week update you guys, because you've had a busy weekend.
Speaker 2: I've had such a busy weekend. I don't think. I think I fit more into this weekend than I did in the last month. I just felt like a bit of a scatter brain. But I had so much fun.
Speaker 1: That's good.
Speaker 2: Bessie's twenty first, So we went to see the new Avatar had a birthday.
Speaker 1: It was amazing. Oh, I'm so excited to see it.
Speaker 2: Like I know it's Tuesday, and we're not supposed to give recommendations, but I.
Speaker 1: Highly recommend okay noted on the list.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then went to the it on Sunday, which was a bit of fun.
Speaker 1: You're a bit of a social butterfly. Your social bucket is very well full now it is.
Speaker 2: I need a bit of an introverted time now to reach out.
Speaker 1: And what perfect time with the holidays going on. What about you? How is your week?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Good. I had a bit of an exciting shoot last week and the Thursday I flew to Sydney to do a shoot with a very it's a household brand. I can't say too much until the campaign comes out, but it's like it's somewhere me and Mum would have shopped my whole entire childhood. So oh, that's so beautiful. It was very like full circle moment and I shopped there for Ivy and the reason why it was so I guess like a bit of a milestone for me. Of course working with an amazing brand that like that, but also I think I'll go into this a bit more on another podcast, but it got to Ivy's first birthday and I think I really did you know I think I was actually holding my breath in regards to my old body coming back. And even though I am someone who've done I've done a lot of work on myself and I've done a lot of work with my self worth and you know, not falling into the trap of postpartum bounce back or anything like that. But it kind of dawned to me on her first birthday of being like, oh, I think I have you know, kind of fallen into it, and then having that realization and then an opportunity like this coming up where I would be half naked shooting and that being seen a lot, and it was like kind of this moment of I couldn't think of fucking anything worse because of how I feel about myself. Yeah, and that's when I knew I had to do it. Oh my gosh, I love that and I just had to be like, no, fuck it, I need to you know, I need to embrace exactly who I am at at the moment. I need to embrace my body. I need to stop like you know, hiding it and like face face it full on. And so I did it by like doing something that scared the shit out of me, and it was super liberating.
Speaker 2: I love that so much.
Speaker 1: It was so like I think it was, yeah, like it happened all in like a big you know, realization and yeah doing it, Like I just feel incredibly proud of myself, and I'm like, yeah, I just feel like I've tackled you know, that sort of I don't want to say negative voice, but yeah, that sort of you know, negative voice that was coming up about my body and you know, bouncing back and that sort of thing. So I feel incredibly proud and I cannot wait for you guys to see the campaign. And it was just like a cool opportunity, a cool thing to you know, tick off the list.
Speaker 2: That's so exciting and I can't wait for us to a whole podcast episode and well what you can speak.
Speaker 1: About it, we will. But yeah, so that happened. I was very drained from that. I had a very chill weekend. I saw I saw a girlfriend, I got a massage, a little family time. So it was really really beautiful. But yeah, in saying that, let's get into the show.
Speaker 2: Okay, cool, So our first quick fire question is number one. If Tim was the breadwinner, would Georgie have stayed been the stay at home parent? Or has this always been the plan regardless of earning capacity.
Speaker 3: I would I would be probably at work if I was a breadwinner, like, I'd just be at work, and then you'd be a mum at home. But so weird to think about.
Speaker 1: Well, I know, but we've always spoken about me going back to work. I do sometimes have fantasies of being a stay at home mum. And I'm like, if I was married to like.
Speaker 3: Like her prince, a bazillionaire, not only then and I wouldn't have to do anything, and then I have a babysit all the time, so I wouldn't be looking.
Speaker 1: Up for I'd probably go work. I think literally from the start, we've always had the conversation, and Tim has always been such a like you've always wanted to be a dad. Yeah, sure, look Tim was a billionaire. I definitely stay at home with Ivy, let's be honest. But also I probably still do the potty as my little side hustle. Yeah, it would just be a hobby.
Speaker 3: You need to do something.
Speaker 1: I just I love what I do. I love I love you know, doing things.
Speaker 2: Next question, does Tim get an allowance each week or are all cards shared.
Speaker 3: So it's exactly. A funny conversation and topic, isn't it. Well, Like, so my mom and dad have like separate money. Yeah, so that's how I was brought up. So I was like, everything like.
Speaker 1: Separate right right, where's my parents? Everything has shed?
Speaker 3: Everything is together. But I'm like I'm happy. Yeah, I do get an allowance each week, but it's only just happened because I just try to, like, say a bit of money because.
Speaker 1: Get an allowance. We both get an allowance and it's the same amount of money. Yeah, so we are trying to budget right now. Previously we've never budgeted and it's just we have one we both have cards from the same account, and Tim just bought whatever he wanted at any time.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't say whatever I wanted, you did what you bought him rogue thing.
Speaker 2: That was just like you didn't ask, you just went you did it.
Speaker 3: Oh jeez, I don't think maybe like a new golf club or something. It's like a thousand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is like all one golf club, one golf club and one thousand dollars And I just like look at my card and I'm like, what the.
Speaker 3: Just claiming on tax? We cart?
Speaker 2: Oh my god?
Speaker 1: Before what has recently happened because I have our financial advisor was like, you guys need a budget. We had two cards, one account, Tim bought whatever he wanted. Now we both have allowances where we get a set money deposited every single week. That is the same. And then there's also so we have separate cards where it's Tim's money, my money, and then we have a family card. And so the just is this of the allowance that we have that is the same is like money where we do whatever we want with it, where it's like I don't know what Tim does with it. He doesn't know what I do in it, and we don't care. It's your fun money. Yeah, And then we had.
Speaker 3: But we like we would like we've got the same app like we can all see can actually see.
Speaker 1: What it looks like at the strippers or something. We'll get into that letter. And then we have a family card, which is like groceries bills, a bill's account. Yeah, yeah, that's what we do. But in saying that, Tim will often be like, there's no money in the family card and we'll just use another card because there's numerous guards.
Speaker 3: But we're definitely we're.
Speaker 1: Trying to be better better. Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 2: Number Three. Do you have times and this one's for Tim Do you ever have times where you'd rather be the working parent?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Remember sometimes I I'm like, I just want to get back to work. Like even the other day when I was helping Dan all day and Mum and Dad had IVY because I had to help him on our renovations on our house. I finished the day and I was like I could keep going. I'm good to go, Like I wasn't drained, and I was just like wow, like this is what I used to feel like even after work, but like I don't Yeah, I don't know, so much has changed.
Speaker 1: Like now, so is like what you're probably not understanding is you would then if we both worked, you would work and then you would come home and we'd both do IVY, whereas I do majority of IVY when I come home. So you'd be pretty exhausted if you were doing physical labor all day out.
Speaker 3: But then like, but then I'd be doing like gym as well, Like I have him in the gym in a little while now, but like you get your gym in the.
Speaker 1: Morning and then get up and do gym too, because IVY doesn't wake up till.
Speaker 3: Six point thirty in the morning. I just can't do it.
Speaker 1: He just he wakes up the same time as me, but he just sits on his phone.
Speaker 3: I don't research.
Speaker 1: That's still on your phone. Research?
Speaker 3: What? Just like things at the minute, like what I read, research and had to respray roof because we go to respray and just like.
Speaker 1: That, it's just quiet time. In saying that, though I often fanasize about being a state home mum.
Speaker 2: I'll go back to work lives for a week.
Speaker 1: It's like Tims on the podcast. Tim's on My Stories.
Speaker 3: Guys, wear my pedal and press in the dress. This is my makeup tutorial.
Speaker 1: Quick keep.
Speaker 2: Next question, best and worst thing state home?
Speaker 1: Shut the funk up?
Speaker 3: What was the question? Oh?
Speaker 1: Sorry?
Speaker 2: Best and worst than you're being a stay at home parents.
Speaker 1: Best thing is like most afternoons they come, they're sitting on the couch watching TV.
Speaker 3: Together.
Speaker 1: That you mean we're talking about fun things. I watch her grow up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Okay, don't put what Yeah, hanging out with her all day is pretty fun and just mucking around.
Speaker 1: We just muck around all the time, feeding her all the time. She just eats continuously. Yeah, and they just have snacks all day and worse.
Speaker 3: Worst thing would be like being in charge of another small human. It's like it's.
Speaker 1: Exhausting.
Speaker 3: It's exhausting.
Speaker 2: Number five thoughts on either spouse going to strip clubs, slash magic mic events for women.
Speaker 3: I couldn't care. Like maybe back in the day, I would be like, what do you want to go? But like now I'm just like I feel.
Speaker 1: Like even back in the day, you don't lie like.
Speaker 3: You do you Like I feel like we wouldn't you can't. But I'm like, don't you think It's like the whole thing is like a bit like why would you want it anyway?
Speaker 1: Anyway, So how I feel about this is no, you're not going to strip club, but.
Speaker 3: They're like I don't. I don't like to feel I just.
Speaker 1: Be like no. But in saying that, like I obviously know you go to Bucks and you know we all know what happens at Barks, and it's like I don't love it. But also I'm not gonna say you can't go to all Bucks, just like I go to Hens, and because it's.
Speaker 3: Like we like not like pretty good. I don't know. Yeah, like there's no, there's no if it.
Speaker 1: Was like a Wednesday afternoon and Tim's going to a strip club or I'm like, yeah, I think it's like open communication. If anything was to happen, it's like you've just got to have that trust and open communication, of which it wouldn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, next question, how can you better communicate and deal with frustration? For example, this lady's partner hasn't done something that she would do without thinking, for example, cleaning up the kitchen after making a mess folding clothes straight away. His response is always I'll do it later, which half the time turns into me doing it three days later. I love him, but man, he does my head in.
Speaker 3: Me.
Speaker 1: It's literally so funny because this is me and Tim's like, just do the dishes now, and I'm.
Speaker 3: Like ten years doing this and I've just given up. I'll just do it and I don't win.
Speaker 1: You've just accepted it.
Speaker 3: I've just accepted it and just like it's all good.
Speaker 1: This is my opinion.
Speaker 3: But like, so I've accepted it because it's like George is so busy, and like, I get it that you're always doing stuff, but if like the if he's like just being slack and he's at the pub instead of folding the clothes or doing whatever that she's us and that's ship.
Speaker 1: I feel like I feel like me and Tim are quite equal where you know, I work all day and then I come home and I, you know, do Ivy in the afternoon because I want to. And Tim obviously has Ivy all day and he still helps with Ivy in the afternoon. Like we're pretty equal on that sort of stuff. But in saying that, he's definitely the cleaner one. I have the view of you have dinner, you make dinner, you eat dinner, and then you clean on clean up after. Tim has the view that you make dinner, you clean up, and then you go have dinner, even if it's cold.
Speaker 3: Only sometimes we have used to be pretty bad, but now I'm like I can ever. I'm just like used to have like such an O C D think about him like I'm gotten a lot more. Yeah, chill, I Reckon tell us humans in general become a lot more relaxed when they have a kid. Well, not relaxed, but in a way it's like it's more like it's.
Speaker 1: Your control that you kind of just get.
Speaker 3: Before Ivy, I was like's going to be like this because Ivy is like such a whirlwind. It's like now it's like, oh, I'm just tak care like whatever.
Speaker 1: That's like sometimes I see Tim so Ivy has this little like a bunch of toys in our lounge room, so she plays with toys while we're watching TV or something, and I see Tim like clean it up most now, and I just think, but she's just going to come and play with it tomorrow. But little stuff like that. But I'm like, it doesn't bother me. If it bothers you, you clean it up?
Speaker 2: Do you mean?
Speaker 1: Otherwise? I'm not going to sit there and pack away toys that she's just going to get out tomorrow unless there's visitors coming over and then I'll be like clean and Tim's like what do you? But yeah, look I can be a little bit bad with cleaning things up, but I have other great traits. This person, what's your advice? Communication Like, be like this really bothers me? Like if you said that to me, and you're like, I will divorce you if you don't start cleaning up, I'm obviously gonna.
Speaker 3: I think that's a bit like that's pretty you shouldn't have to come to that conversation though, Like the other person should respect you enough to be like, all right, I'll just pick up the act a little bit more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like Tim, I'm so busy and can you clean up my plate?
Speaker 2: Next question, what are some ways to reconnect if you're feeling distant from each other?
Speaker 3: Put in.
Speaker 2: That's a good quick it you go first, There, you go first.
Speaker 1: I think just prioritizing time together. So I will often have this dilemma where I'm in a huff and a puff and I'm like, I just don't feel connected to you in terms like rolls his eyes. And then we're like, okay, well this weekend, why don't we have a beach day together? You know obviously with Ivy or you know, I'll be like, oh, I really want to go see this new movie, like let's go have a date night, or you know, it's just prioritizing time together and deciding that it's just as as important as other things like your child or your career.
Speaker 3: MM. Love that. But if like it even like little spontaneous like gifts and stuff, that's quite sweet as well.
Speaker 1: When do you ever get me spontaneous gifts? Actually you do bring home treats.
Speaker 3: Yes, little things like that he brought the other day.
Speaker 1: He's like.
Speaker 3: It was like fresh cinnamon.
Speaker 1: Donuts, and he's like, I've got you a tree.
Speaker 3: Just like just like little last little things like that.
Speaker 1: You know, Yeah, I guess that's a good thing of like putting yourself in Well, it's even like remember when we did the love language quiz and I found out like yours just like physical touch and like affirmations. And I don't know if you've noticed, but I've been like a bit more prominent of like giving you a little stroke on the shoulder.
Speaker 3: Good morning. Then read your book.
Speaker 1: I love a good book reading. I would take the love language test and then boast, pry and do you love.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it would be a good thing. That's probably the best idea.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, the next question, do you have any rules for each other, like, for example, like no strip clubs or no friends of the opposite gender, stuff like that.
Speaker 3: There's no rules really, just behave. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think like there's no actual strict rules in our relationship. I think, you know, we kind of know the lines of things. I think with any relationship, it's kind of like, you know, treat the person how you would want to be treated.
Speaker 3: Probably like the biggest rule would be like no spontaneous things cannot be spontaneous, more like without each other.
Speaker 1: Glad our biggest like a big fight that you know we've had this year. The one that I can remember is when Tim came home and was like, I'm going out tonight, and it it wasn't so much him going out, but I was like, well, it would have been nice to know because I would have invited a girlfriend around and we could have a wine with our babies, or I would have planned something in this time. Yeah, Or it's just because I.
Speaker 3: Changed my mind about it. It wasn't it. It was like I wasn't going. I'm like, I am going, and then at last minute I was like, no, I'm going to go. And George was stuck with Ivy sort of thing.
Speaker 1: And I was like, oh, but it's not about being stuck with Ivy. It's about me mentally going, Okay, I've got tonight with Ivy, so you know, on the way home, I'll grab some takeout and you know, it's just I'm a control freak, so I've got to mentally prepare.
Speaker 3: Anyway because I'm the opposite.
Speaker 1: And let's just put it on record, literally this whole week I said, I know you've got this thing on Friday. That's all good, You've just got to tell me because I was planning my weekend and the whole week he goes, no, no, no, I don't want to go. I do not. It was really stressed, he does not want to go, and I went, okay, planning my weekend, and then literally I got home and he's like, I'm going.
Speaker 3: Oh, so excellent, I'm going to go.
Speaker 1: And we had the biggest fire relationship because I just so like, for me, that's so disrespectful to my time, because I did not have any thoughts about me in this decision. You went an act and like you have no responsibilities, but you do, and it's called Ivy and it's called Georgie. And I think Tim obviously didn't realize that. And then after that he was like, I.
Speaker 3: Guess I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: So yeah, we just plan things and communication awesome.
Speaker 2: Our next question are you going to be the parent that drives Ivy to the house party and make sure she's safe, or are you going to be the parent that doesn't want to know, that doesn't want to know, but like won't let her go to parties.
Speaker 3: Because then I feel like she'll be like you and just rebel and like be like I'm sleeping my but my best friends the house, but then they just sneak out go to the party and.
Speaker 1: A boy's car, an older person's car, so bad. So I mean to spoken about this, but we both were quite rebel not rebell yus, but we just we did things quite early on, like we were both you know, happy to It was more me actually was a sweet little.
Speaker 3: Boy, not like the whole rebelling thing where it's like you won't have to do this so strictly when you'd be like, I just want to do it. So they're like almost.
Speaker 1: And this is probably the way we have no rules because he literally has the personality if I tell him he can't do something, he wants to do it, just tell me you can't do anything because there's just no point.
Speaker 3: Basically the same thing like with parties, mum and day, like you're going, I'm like, okay, let's go to sleep from my mate's place, and then we're just the bikes there.
Speaker 1: I'm of the opinion too of like my childhood was the same where I then just had to lie and sneak out and I didn't have that sense of, you know, trust with my parents because I just felt like I got no no trust. So I was like, well fuck you o'yeah what I want and I don't want that with Ivy. I kind of want to meet in the middle where it's like, Okay, you want to do things. I'm not really keen on you going to this random ass party from this grade twelve, but I'll drive you there and i'll pick you up. Make good choices, call me if you need anything.
Speaker 3: I think trust would be the biggest thing, because like the whole like lying. I feel like I lied to my parents a lot. Yeah, and you feel guilty. I didn't want to have a lot of my parents.
Speaker 1: I kind of like, I I want to be Ivy's friend and I want to guide her and I want to help her. And it's interesting because my parents have always said you can't be your child's friend. That's not the relationship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're a parent, not a friend kind of thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I'm like, so I feel like you can be both. Yeah, you can definitely be I.
Speaker 1: Feel like I want, Yeah, I want to be both, and I want to I want her to come to me and be like, you know, this is happening in my life. My friends have treated me like this. What would you do not? Oh, I can't talk to mum.
Speaker 2: About this because she'll get mad at me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I want for the relation. And I feel like you're on the same page. So let it go to the party.
Speaker 2: Not fun.
Speaker 1: Here's a cruiser.
Speaker 2: Our next question, how do you feel about screen time for Ivy?
Speaker 3: Oh this is a good question. Oh man, I don't know. Hey, like she's she already has like like she'll pick this up and be like I loved it. And it's because it does shove him.
Speaker 1: Every time I come home, you're watching TV of Ivy. TV is screen time I get literally every time I come home, and then as soon as you bring her up in the morning, you put the TV on. So this is something you need to think about. I am an opinion of I enjoy it. Like if I'm home alone with Ivy, I don't put it on unless for example, well, no, not so much feeding her because I then turn it off and I like to take her outside because I don't agree she should be watching TV when she's eating, because then she can't understand if she's full, because you know, when you're in front of the TV and you just keep eating because you're watching something anyway. So what I do is if I need to distract her because I'm making food or I need to make myself breakfast, that's when I will use the TV.
Speaker 2: As a distraction or like a time little saver.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because like Tim says, you put her down and she cries. She wants that with you know you, and so I will use that. But then I'll try and like, you know, take her outside to eat and that sort of thing.
Speaker 3: And Tim, it's the biggest lie ever, what are you talking about? You never take her outside for the TV.
Speaker 1: You're not there, I'm talking about it's just me and Ivy. But I think I don't know.
Speaker 3: She gets older obviously.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how are you going to feel about it? It's kind of hard because like screen time's my job. Yeah, so I can't be like, no, you can't have screen time, but I'll be here. I think I do want to be very conscious about how much me and Tim are on our phone when we're with IP two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're like I try to just yeah, even though the TV is and I'll still be like playing with her and she only be watching, Like she's almost like on the background, but she'll be playing with her toys or a doll or like this or that. But then sometimes she will just be like she literally goes she knows her like favorite like song, and it'll come on. She'll be like over there and she'll be like she'd be like, watched the TV's hilarious.
Speaker 2: What's her favorite song?
Speaker 1: She's had the same favorite.
Speaker 3: Song since the Muppets.
Speaker 1: Now she loves a good muppet, loves the bullets. It's called Simple Songs on New Gym and it's a little muppet Red Knight, Green Night.
Speaker 2: Our next question, what are you going to do when Ivy goes on her first date?
Speaker 3: Oh? Good question? You know what's that movie? Is it?
Speaker 1: Tim?
Speaker 3: What's that movie? Anyway? Yeah?
Speaker 1: What what movie?
Speaker 3: Hell? Like the dads are like they're anyway, I don't know. I'll be sweet, I reckon. I'll just be like it is what it is. It's that time of their life. She's developing.
Speaker 1: How old is she? No, like like first actual proper date and interesting.
Speaker 3: I don't know, it's like it's just a given note Like I'm not going to be you know, yeah.
Speaker 1: First love such like a weird time.
Speaker 3: But like the breakup is the hardest thing. I think, like the first date will be not as hard.
Speaker 1: You really feel.
Speaker 3: Who's you know, unless it's your mum and dad like no one.
Speaker 1: My parents have been together since I was sixteenth.
Speaker 3: Ridiculous, Like the hardest thing would be to see her through the breakup.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I hope we parent well enough that she knows her worth, that she is able to see you know, friends or people around her who treat her well, who she then can, like you know, navigate that situation. I just hope we give her those tools previous to those situations. So of course she's going to make her own mistake and do her own thing. But she, like you know, has a real sense of self and an inner compass. That's what I hope for her.
Speaker 3: I love that answer.
Speaker 2: I love it. Next question, best and worst gift you've given each other? Tim you go.
Speaker 1: First, Tim stopped picking your nails.
Speaker 3: Worst gift I've probably ever given you is I think I got excited when I proposed to George. No, when when I bought the ring for George and then Craig, Me and Craig picked the ring, and then we went out and went to the went to the shops and then he's like, oh, is he needs a new jumper because it.
Speaker 1: Was remember this?
Speaker 3: And then he's like, oh, she loves like oversized jumpers and he's like George one of love on two. I'm excited, and I was like, yeah, I'll get one.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure. It was like a two for one deals and.
Speaker 3: I brought home just like jumper and she's like what the fuck is that? I'm never gonna wear that thing?
Speaker 1: But it's like he had picked something that I had never shown interest in or.
Speaker 3: Worn in my life, big oversized.
Speaker 1: He bought it because like someone else's girlfriend liked it. I thought it Where was the stupid ass?
Speaker 2: And what's the best gift?
Speaker 1: Also, that's also another worst GIFs you've ever gotten? Me just put on a record. This one time he had left getting a Christmas present for me till the last minute, went to some chemists and like got me a perfume, but it didn't have the bigger size, so he just got me two smaller perfumes that were the same And I was.
Speaker 2: Like, what is this?
Speaker 1: What is this? Do you mean? Like such a little CURTI mil such little effort that he bought two thirty mil perfumes.
Speaker 3: You know what I did maybe effort of going to the chemist, see.
Speaker 1: The chemist Temaya. That was early on in our relationship, and I had to explain to him that that wasn't enough for me.
Speaker 2: That'ous And then he learned, Georgie, what's the worst?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: What's the worst gift I've given you? Like, maybe just not getting you a gift.
Speaker 3: You just wouldn't get me a gift.
Speaker 1: Well, sometimes we're like, should we just not do gifts for certain things? Saving money?
Speaker 3: He bought me a random Sam Smith ticket.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I bought Sam Smith tickets cost me so much money because he said he likes Sam.
Speaker 3: Smith like Spotify for a week.
Speaker 1: I misread the situation. That's like a nice thought still and he was like, and so I had to sell them.
Speaker 3: No, I'm going to do a Sam Smith concert. I don't like him that much.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I know I misread the situation. So what's the best gift I've given you? She was not a gift to you for fighter jet?
Speaker 3: Yeah that is that is the best gift. But I guess I've used a gift but like not really gifts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so fucking sweet, Yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: I probably would have to say it probably topped it, hasn't it? Fire Jet? Yes, the fier Jet experience we just had last week so good. And then what's the best gift I've ever given you?
Speaker 1: Probably Bear?
Speaker 3: I was going to say Bear. Then I was going to say, like, your cardier, oh, your.
Speaker 1: Cardia bracelet, and then also my new engagement ring, and what were they sing?
Speaker 3: Bear? That I was going to say Bear, that's probably so.
Speaker 1: Bear was my birthday present when we had been dating for six months. But dog dog, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Dog never stuck with him.
Speaker 1: Dog we still got a sweet little dog. We literally weren't living together, so broke worked out though. Yeah, Cardia bracelet was my twenty six birthday. And I think the reason why that was such a good gift is because I'm someone who you can't really pull a surprise on me. Let's be honest, and I have so much control. I don't like surprises. But he had kind of yeah, he ages I'd wanted it for ages, years and years, and then he had kind of put like thoughts that he wasn't He's like I thought he was getting me a shit gift because he kind of said what it was, and I was like hinted to what it was, and I thought, oh my god, he's like not even trying at all. So I was like a bit off him. And then he put me and I was like, you sneaky.
Speaker 3: Even like filmed it and everything. I know.
Speaker 1: I just I couldn't believe it.
Speaker 3: Probably Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then for my twenty seventh, Tim got my engagement ring. Well it's a whole new one. So the whole story was he said, I used to wear silver. My old ring was in silver white gold, sorry, and then I now just wear all gold. So I was like, I want to get my ring remade in gold so it suits my jewelry. Yeah, and so he was like I'll handle it and I'll do it. And when we went to a store in Sydney, I tried on because my old ring was a square, a princess cut sorry, and I tried on an oval and I was like my dream ring blah blah blah. Anyway, he bought and then just surprised me.
Speaker 3: So sweet.
Speaker 1: So yeah, pretty good gifts.
Speaker 3: I'm actually a gift giver.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's very thoughtful and also surprising even though I had surpridus.
Speaker 2: And then next question, do you guys have an equal, say, when it comes.
Speaker 3: To money, that was a good question.
Speaker 2: What like spending it?
Speaker 1: He just goes and get a gold a thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Anything over five hundred we have to confirm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anything over five hundred we have to have a discussion.
Speaker 3: And I feel like, what what do you want this for? Yeah, and then you're generally like I wouldn't even say, oh, you can't get it. You just gonna get it anyway. I know.
Speaker 1: But I'm not that rogue. I never kind of go and buy myself random thing. So it's always for a reason.
Speaker 3: Like like a like a like a milestone or something like a milestone.
Speaker 1: But I feel like it's very you know, recently we've done Renault's on the House, and it's a conversation that we both have to agree or get a quote, which Tim sometimes doesn't do. But that's a whole lot of conversation. But generally, yes, we're going to have the discussion about it. Yeah, you would.
Speaker 3: Hope sneak it on the bank account speeding in the Bahamas.
Speaker 2: Next question, has your success as a couple impacted any of the relationships in your life, as in not with each other, but like have friends been nice? People tried to be your friend and all that stuff.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, not really hate.
Speaker 1: We've kind of had the same friends since we.
Speaker 3: Everyone's so we're used to it all brilliantly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not like we've fallen out with anyone.
Speaker 3: But I guess like if I, like, say, maybe before we started Naked Harvest and then you were still quite beyond social media and I like meeting you guys, they'd be like your George Stephenson's husband, like, yeah, he's like your famous man. My missus loves your missus. That's what the whole conversation would be like all the time. I'm like, yeah, cool man, Like every time he was you're pretty normal, Like yeah, pretty normal. Hate just a normal guy doing my thing.
Speaker 1: That is so funny. Yeah, Like I don't think.
Speaker 3: So, but yeah, not really hate. And like we haven't really had people like to been like trying to Like, I don't.
Speaker 1: Think we've changed that much as people, so that might be you know, a factor too. Also, we don't have a lot of time for friends. We just want enough time for each other.
Speaker 3: We don't actually get friends.
Speaker 2: And our lucky last question was did you guys move out together young and were there any issues transitioning into adulthood together.
Speaker 3: No, not at all. Guys, is a sneak into Georgie's room? Dim didn't. I I was so young when we weren't allowed to.
Speaker 1: I hope I'm a dad. Don't listen to this episode when we very first started dating, I I knew what was going on. I was seventeen, and it was a real no boys in your bed?
Speaker 2: And how old are you?
Speaker 1: Twenty twenty one?
Speaker 3: Twenty oh, twenty one, twenty one?
Speaker 1: You were twenty one, that's disgusting. And Tim would like be sleeping in the other room and then he'd sneak in my room, and.
Speaker 3: Then we got to where they were just like, well.
Speaker 1: No, I turned eighteen. Yeah, and I don't know, you kind of just started sleeping in there, do you.
Speaker 2: I moved in And when did you move out together?
Speaker 1: When I was nineteen oh?
Speaker 3: So pretty quickly, so we were that west End.
Speaker 1: Yeah, moved out to West End and apartment with another couple. I don't know. I don't really remember any teething issues of moving out together, do you.
Speaker 3: No, It's so natural, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Because we we had like kind of lived together at my house before moving out together. Yeah, and we kind of started like he just started kind of living at my house after six months because we were together all the time. Hey, yeah, so yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Any like we were just excited to like get away from your mom and dad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just well you have your own Yeah, I think. I don't know. Our relationship has always felt very easy though, Like everything just feels very easy. Our second last question, how did you keep a positive attitude and relationship during your trying to conceive journey? Oh? It was so hard, wasn't it. We're so a bit sad.
Speaker 3: Every month, like each month you'd be you'd be like and be like and you'd be like, oh, you almost like got used to it a bit, didn't you. Yeah, but every month, like you sort of got used to it, and every month we'll get hard or hard.
Speaker 1: You feel like it just made us so much closer.
Speaker 3: Because then you just you sort of think, just doesn't this just happen? Actually? Yeah, just like that because your mom and dad were like, so you just like look at your mind to be pregnant. So we're just like, that's like.
Speaker 1: What we're really our woman, like I thought it would be like, but yeah, my brothers were kind of the same. But yeah, I think it's it's hard, but I think if you can kind of lean on each other because communicate about it and almost see this time as a it's confirming what you both want, you know obviously, and it also makes you want to have kids more. And do you not agree, Tim, Like sometimes if we're having a hard day with Ivy or when she was a newborn, what would help is thinking, oh my god, remember how much we wanted this, Yeah, exactly, and it's like beautiful. Yeah, So I think during that time it's really hard, but be like, trust me, you'll use this time later on as like, you know, a positive thing and you just got to stick together and like get through it and like know that baby will come at perfect time for you.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 2: Our last question, how did you both decide when you were finally ready to start a family.
Speaker 3: For years before you I was like, come on, babe, I'm not getting the younger.
Speaker 1: So Tim's whole thing I remember asked when we had the actual conversation about children, Tim was like, I want a child before I'm thirty.
Speaker 3: While I'm thirty, and so you know.
Speaker 1: When it kind of got closer to him being thirty, I also was like I you know, I'm happy to try as long as you're happy to be at the stay home dad, And he was like, all good. And then it's crazy because I feel like I didn't want kids that much, and then when we started trying and when it wasn't happening, I was like, oh my god, I want this so much. So I'm kind of glad we went through that because it confirmed so many feelings for me, and again, it's really helped me get through hard times with Ivy. Yeah, I feel like Tim was always just ready and I was like, all right, we can do it. But yeah, I feel like I don't know. I feel like you just kind of know and I.
Speaker 3: It's like it was like the next step for us because we've been together doing the same thing for ten years. Yeah, it's not what we're getting board, but there was nothing else to like. That was just the next step.
Speaker 1: And even though sometimes I didn't feel ready, I was like, I know Tim's got my back, yeah, and I know we can get through anything. And I feel like if you're at that stage with your partner, it's not you know, if you're maybe not as maternal like Tim was like, yeah, of course I'm ready. Me not as maternal but I knew that us as a relationship could get through anything. If you have that feeling, then you're like, okay, you're ready, but that is it. Tim, thanks so much for being on the potty. Are you going to come back? It was a blessing to be here, Tim, What are you grateful for?
Speaker 3: To do it? Can I do a mic drop?
Speaker 1: What are you grateful for?
Speaker 3: Today? What am I grateful for?
Speaker 1: To try and say this to each other every day?
Speaker 3: Every morning? I'm grateful for this life.
Speaker 1: He always does those. I'm like, be more specific, live in his best life.
Speaker 3: To be able to be so special because I don't know anyone else that is ad Dad, So I'm like a bit of a unicorn.
Speaker 1: You are a McCom.
Speaker 3: Grateful.
Speaker 1: I am grateful for you and IV my two favorite people.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Jerum.
Speaker 1: All right, guys, we're going to wrap it up there. Thank you so much for listening, and I hope you enjoyed this hotline with Jim. Bye bye. Thank you so much for listening to another episode of the Rise and Conquer Podcast. If you enjoyed it and want more, come connect with us on Instagram at Riseinconquer dot podcast and join our Facebook discussion group, a Rise and Concer podcast community. We're an independent podcast and we have a small team, so we do appreciate your time and support. If you have a spare moment, a follow or subscribe on whatever platform you listen to would be so amazing, And look, if you're feeling extra kind, a review on Apple Podcasts would be great.