Speaker 1: Let me tell you, Joe, this better be good. Okay. Maddie and Ash walking down the street. Okay, Ash spots a dog. Yep, the dog's on the side of the road lock and it's nuts and I go I turned him out and I said, wish I could do that.
Speaker 2: And you look at me and you go, you should probably pad him first.
Speaker 1: Welcome back to Toy Guards. I am Maddie Jay and I'm Ash.
Speaker 3: And this is a podcast all about parenting. It is the good, it is the bad, and we don't give advice. We do, however, tell terrible jokes.
Speaker 1: Was dreadful. That's one of my best. Actually, I thought, I thought, really you would like the switch up. It's very good. Thank you. Hey, Can I tell you something crazy?
Speaker 4: Of course?
Speaker 3: Ken you know, I've got to go to Erskineville right this afternoon.
Speaker 1: I did over here for one conversations.
Speaker 3: The trip that takes twenty seven minutes from where I am right now. Laura is halfway to Erskineville in Paddington, and I said, Babe, I'm going to get a taxi to you and we'll drive together to Erskineville. She wants forty five minutes.
Speaker 1: From where she is or from here where she is.
Speaker 3: She wants a forty five minute allowance.
Speaker 1: Is she pregnant? She is very pregnant. Okay, well then you should just get you mash up. Then, yes, forty five minutes. Just got to do what she says, mate, I'm just going to have to suck it up and for the rest of your life, just do.
Speaker 3: She says, I need to have you on speed dial. You do every situation where I want to fight back, I need to call you first before putting my gloves on.
Speaker 1: Correct. This is metaphoric speaking, I'd hope. So for the record, now go on.
Speaker 3: It's a special little boy's birthday. I've been wondering.
Speaker 1: You got me for my birthday. You got me a flashlight, and this is what it looks like when you got it for me. This is what it looks like. Now, I'm just kidding. I wouldn't do that to the poor listeners. But I was racking my brain thinking what do I get this guy? What do I get a guy that has everything? I was like, maybe I'll get him a third kid, But Laura's already given you that. I'm nervous, actually nervous about this. I'm nervous you know.
Speaker 3: I honestly, I am just I am over the moon that you've even remember.
Speaker 1: I didn't think you would. I always remember. I remember everyone's birthday, even Justice in the last minute. Yes, also just quick nod happy birthday. Yes, Jess is back in the room. Yes, another trip, the trip in the books. When's the next one? I don't want to know, but happy birthday to Jet. But yeah, I'm nervous, nervous, so I'm gonna I'm never gonna judge you. I'm going to get your birthday present now because it's it's in the room with us. Oh my god. Yes, okay, so if you just bear with me. I don't do well with surprises. Ashes just getting.
Speaker 3: Fuck up.
Speaker 1: What I'd like to explain? What are you what? What do you mean?
Speaker 3: Ash has just ripped his shirt off. He's currently naked in my living room. So you just revealed to me?
Speaker 1: That is that real?
Speaker 4: It is real?
Speaker 3: When did this idea happen? Have you spoken to April about this?
Speaker 1: No? She had no idea. No she does, yeah she does. It was funny because I was like, I'm going down to get tattooed tomorrow. I was like, I'm got to get mad something for his birthday, I'm going to get tattooed. So it just like worked out that way, and then I messaged my tatoos. I'm like oh, because he was like, what do you want to get done? And I was like, oh, I just needed to fill in this spot here, but there needs to be this and told him. And then when I got there, he had that drawn up ready to go. Wow, a happy birthday. Like fuck, there's only a few people I've got tatooed on me, name wise, Wow, my kids. It's gonna be so awkward.
Speaker 3: We break up and that'll never happen.
Speaker 1: We get canceled and like your haple's only got initials and I've got the foot it's big. Yeah, that's what she said. Anyway, happy birthday. Wow, there you go.
Speaker 3: And can I just for a second and I please don't think for a second that I'm trying to poop you all my wife because I love her dearly.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But yesterday, okay, I was talking about.
Speaker 3: Hey, maybe we should organize I don't know, at dinner, and I didn't want to kind of say like explicitly because it's my birthday. And Laura goes, oh, his week's a shocker. I don't think we'll have time for date night this week at all. Maybe like in school holidays we'll do something. And I was like, oh, you don't have time for my birthday? And she was like, oh my god. The cameras like did you just sit there like this?
Speaker 1: Just like no reaction whatsoever.
Speaker 4: And then now I'm going to be like, guess what, I.
Speaker 1: Booked just a dinner too for your birthday. It's me and you.
Speaker 3: No, there is no greater honor, I think, in this world than having a permanent tattoo to resemble what is a beautiful friendship.
Speaker 1: Well said, it's gonna be awkward, and I'm going to get it covered up.
Speaker 4: Anyway.
Speaker 1: Do you like it? I wouldn't have got it if I didn't very high pitch. I wouldn't have got it if I didn't like it.
Speaker 4: Wow, do I have regret? No?
Speaker 1: I this is wild. It is poor. Nana is upstairs probably thinking what you're now? You're a permanent part of me? How does that feel? Jesus is April jealous? Be honest, I don't think so. She thought it was cute, Well she.
Speaker 3: Will be when she sees this video.
Speaker 4: Stay on your side.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you, there you go. So, yes, I hope you had an amazing birthday because this would have been this would be out by then. Yeah, and you will be another year older. You're another year wiser. Thirty eight for those playing at home. Yeah, I thought you skipped a year before and you said that.
Speaker 3: I thought I was turning thirty nine for a while, lie, I thought you turned thirty seven. Let me check the record. Eighty eight, eighty seven, eighty seven. Okay, well there go, I'm wrong. So yeah, you're right. Wow, it's there's been a lot of birthdays.
Speaker 1: It is a very heavy June is like a big heavy bird. It's a cluster. It is well said, we have got you, Jess Marley Oscar. Yeah, it's all happening. It's like four.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's all I got my life, that's all I need. We had Marley's birthday on the weekend. I did see that on Sunday. Sunday we decided to have at home, which was a decision.
Speaker 1: That I was regretting. The flying Yoga Noga.
Speaker 3: It's so expensive. It was so expensive and we didn't know enough people. You can't pay for the class, you don't pay per head.
Speaker 1: Oh you got to book the whole class. It was. It was like nuts, okay, if you aren't, excuse me, if you're going to book the whole class out. How much was we talking?
Speaker 3: Like, I think I don't want to shit on them as a business, but I think it was like five hundred bucks.
Speaker 1: Jesus, I know.
Speaker 3: I was like, ill, I love my child, but not that much. So we had it at home and it was nice. Great numbers. Great numbers actually kind of limited it to about about ten and I finally at this age now Marley turned six, and it's a it's an age where there's a bit of segregation between the boys and the girls.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, so there's.
Speaker 3: A couple of boys came. They were a little bit like, what.
Speaker 1: The hell is this? This is a girl's party.
Speaker 3: We had a fairy and we had ribbons and like she did, like play the music everyone with the ribbons, and.
Speaker 1: Were there any boys suspiciously into it?
Speaker 3: Why would try to coax the boys off the couch and be like, come on, fellas, let's do it. And they were like this sucks. And I kind of said to Laura, like maybe next year we just make it. You can make it all girls. Fine, it's a tricky one unless it's flying yoga, because then the boys will be.
Speaker 1: Into it, real into it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but the most stressful part ash most stressful part pinnadas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, are you a pinarda family? No, I don't think we've ever voluntarily had one.
Speaker 3: It's very confusing for kids when you're trying to explain to them, you know, violence is bad, aggression is also bad. And then all of a sudden there's a one little window.
Speaker 1: It's like the purge.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's very it's weird, like we're like, it's like you're gonna like hang someone. I'm like hoisting up this unicorn that's hanging from the neck. And then I also realized that I was like, I don't have I don't have a bat, nothing to like, I have no weapon.
Speaker 1: They got to hit with something. I don't imagine hitting this because I called you when I was at the park. Oh yeah, you're looking for sticks, scouring for sticks. So it was just at the park by myself, like going through bushes. So I found the stick, brought it back hoisted up by the neck. The unicorn is hanging right there. Actually, I love how we hoist up something they love and then get them to hit it with the stick so weird.
Speaker 4: I'm like, everyone line up right now, and.
Speaker 3: They're like, where is it. They've just been like dancing with the ribbons and I'm like, now we will kill an animal.
Speaker 4: And they're like, what not only an animal? Your favorite animal.
Speaker 3: Mom has been there stuffing it in the asshole with chocolate and lollies.
Speaker 1: Poor make it, make it and this is the most horrible day of it's life. Let me out of my misery. And then there's so pathetic and hitting it too. The unicorns like make it quick. The kids are like death by a thousand cuts or whatever. It's like, we'll get there in the end. It'll really dive.
Speaker 4: Starve Asian.
Speaker 1: Brutal.
Speaker 3: The hardest thing is crowd control for a pinard, especially with a stick, and we're blindfold. We didn't go blindfold smart, thank you, Health and Safety didn't allow for it, so we had to. I was holding back the kids, It's like stay back, and then we allowed two hits per person, a double hit, and then they're like, give me it all. And then we had like one of the boys was like fucking knocked the ship out of this fucking unicorn and we're like, all right, Timmy not too hard, Yeah, tendency that kid. Luckily Timmy's is a worry. Yeah, got through one round, two hits each beautiful.
Speaker 1: It's also encouraging animal cruelty. It's it's absurd, such mixed messaging. Once you're doing it.
Speaker 3: Culdfully and then we love it, it's oh yeah, look it's it's a weird anticipation. You know, for good five minutes you just cheer it, cheering on the kids to slaughter the unicorn.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you this, how was What are you like with lots of kids in your house and cleaning up? Are you do you get anxious about the cleanup or do you just let it all happen and clean up later.
Speaker 3: Weirdly, I was pretty chill. Do you know who was anxious?
Speaker 1: Nana Marley? Oh really, yeah, that's good.
Speaker 3: We gave them a treat each if they cleaned their room. They cleaned the room. Room was spotless. Actually a really good job. If anyone needs to clean up, Marley and Lola definitely recommend them. And the room was spotless. People came, and you know, kids come. After a little while, they kind of split up. A few of them went into Marley's room, and outside. Marley was like, hey, that's a bit of a problem. And I said, what's the problem. What's going on?
Speaker 1: She goes on, kids are in my room.
Speaker 3: Making it so messy right now. She's like it's going to be a nightmare to clean up. Shit's everywhere. And I was like, oh, that's okay, don't worry about it. And she was like, ah, I just just cleaned it as well. Yeah, can we get them out of there? And it's such an inconvenience really.
Speaker 1: She's like the thing I got onto the costume is du blow on the floor. She's like, can we just.
Speaker 4: Made an absolute mess? Animals?
Speaker 1: It's like where's the unicorn?
Speaker 3: So Marley was the one not into it, and I was like, I was like, relaxed, it's cool, people having a good time.
Speaker 1: We can clean up later when they've left.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And she was like, I just I just want to get the place clean again.
Speaker 1: It's like I'm like her, man, it's like me, I can't. I can't let it go. And I'm like if it's like, we've got just it's not a party. So we've got people having a bunch of kids in my house and they make an absolute mess, which they usually do not blaming anyone's kids, in particular, if you're watching listening Timmy Mike's kids like two reckon Balls Rice or it's like and then like I'm just so anxious that I need to clean up all the time, and it's like I don't really need to, I could just do it later.
Speaker 3: The downside now is that we've got a mountain of cardboard behind the house.
Speaker 1: That's the worst.
Speaker 3: Like we've got we need to get a bigger bin for the blue cardboard. Like even on the street, every time on there's a blue bin da, everyone is full to the brim.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say, there's too much cardboard in the world, way too much. It's ridiculous, Like I can't, I can't beat it's beating me.
Speaker 3: I was watching Maley like unwrap the Presence and one was like a Barbie toy and I was like, more cardboard, I know.
Speaker 1: And it's like, I suppose we can just burn it'll be back the environment.
Speaker 3: But then I have the guilt I feel putting it in the red bin.
Speaker 1: I can't. I know it myself, I know it's fucked. My sister said it yesterday pretty bluntly. She was like, oh, rubbish in our house is Ryan's full time job. Now it's like because you're like you have to be on it all the time because if you let it, it's like washing. If you miss the day washing, you've got like sixty five loves, you'll take over. You'll take over. The house is a majority cardboard.
Speaker 3: Next thing you're in a current affair and like the wad house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was like, oh, maybe I'll get the kids to build something out of the boxes. That just made it worse. Now I've got a big structure because you can't move that. I'm not allowed to move. I've like I've made it worse. I've brought the rubbish back indoors for them to build something, and now I can't even get rid of it. It's like part of the family. I'm over it. Anyway.
Speaker 3: We did though, for the party. We announced it to the parents and said, hey, it's a drop and go. You are game if you want, Like we were like that's cool and like it was interesting. Some people came drop the kid off and they're like, they're like, oh, stay for a bit, and I said, you want to drink and go? Yeah, I'd love a drink, And they ended up staying two party shots. I was like, she had like a tray of tequila. But then like another dad would come in and he'd be.
Speaker 1: Like, h so this is a drop and go And I was like, yeah, you go sweet see it. I got like a puff of smoke.
Speaker 3: Straight out of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But successful, successful, successful? Is it Sunday party? Again?
Speaker 3: Not to attack Lauri here, I just want to just put that out there, make everyone aware. I'm not criticizing my wife.
Speaker 1: What do you call it? Then, I'm just making an observation. Yes, I like it. I'm with you.
Speaker 3: So sometimes when Laura is making plans, she'll suggest something. I don't listen properly. I just agree to it, and then when it comes closer to the moment, I then go, hang on a second, Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: Why is it like this? Yeah, don't be that guy.
Speaker 3: Here's a question for you. Okay, here's a question for you. Okay, I won't tell you the time of the party. Yeah, what is the perfect time for a kid's party?
Speaker 1: Two thirty pm? What? Yeah, it's too late?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: Too late?
Speaker 1: Why two thirty? Because I feel like between twelve and two you can be like, oh, kids, we're gonna have a bit of downtime because we're going to be launching this afternoon for this party. And I also use that to be like, if you don't have a bit of downtime, then we can't have the party. And they'll be like, oh shit, you know, and then two thirty hour and a half, everyone's out by four four point thirty sea later, and then I can clean up.
Speaker 3: Why don't you have it first thing in the morning at ten o'clock.
Speaker 1: Because I want to have a beer. I feel like it's more appropriate to have a beer at two thirty this afternoon, especially if it's a Saturday. You know, if Laura and I have a breakup, and if you're in april of a breakup, you should marry Laura. Don't you dare put your hands anywhere near my wife.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying I'm inviting you, you're inviting me.
Speaker 1: I don't have other of them both.
Speaker 4: That's fine.
Speaker 3: Laura said two to four, and I was like, that's pretty late on a Sunday. It's pretty late.
Speaker 1: I'm getting. I'm getting. I'm coming to think that me and Laura a pretty compatible. I get the same thing, Laura. If you're have a single day, don't be silly don't be silly. I'm sure.
Speaker 3: I think I think a ten to twelve party is perfect because you kind of miss lunch, you don't to feed them that much. And then like they're not going to hang around because four o'clock people want to stay for dinner.
Speaker 1: Not in my house, they don't, it's freezing. I think it's good to like too four because it's also you can be like you're not gonna do I'm gonna hop these little shits up on sugar and send them home and be someone else's problem. But also like morning, I get it, get it out of the way, like some people like a good morning party, but yeah, I'm all about the afternoon. Here's a question for you. Actually, he is gonna rock your world. I'm ready to be right. My niece got invited to a party. Birthday parties just three, so I'm assuming it's a four year old's party because it's the same age. It was one pm. I guess what day? Saturday? Monday? What? Sorry? Right, did you just say it was Aday Monday for a birthday party? Yeah? She doesn't go to daycare this kid. I'm not sure why I'm not. They might have their reasons, but I'm not sure the parents work. I don't know the details, but I was just so rattled by that.
Speaker 3: I was like, I was like, no, although, is that the smartest move that we've seen from a parent so far.
Speaker 1: I think it might be you're like, you instantly dwindle your numbers down.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's good culling.
Speaker 1: But then it's sad for the child. But how old are they? Three?
Speaker 3: Four?
Speaker 1: I don't remember anything.
Speaker 3: They don't have a conscience until they're like six, That is the right word, conscience.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't. They just give me in crimes and stuff and just sleeping perfectly self aware here they are, Well, they don't how many friends they have. If they go to a birthday party on a weekend and there's like twenty kids there, and then they have a birthday party on a Monday and there's like four kids, that is an interesting time, I know. And like I said, I don't know the reasoning behind it, but well, I was shocked. I was in shock. I'm stilling shot.
Speaker 3: We're not we're not here to judge, but like, but I don't know, surely sure, maybe they're going away, Maybe maybe they work on the weekend. Maybe it was the day of the birthday. Some people are very strict and wanting to celebrate on the day.
Speaker 1: Maybe, I don't know. Can we find out call April call it it wasn't April. I don't know. I just wanted to call April. I I caught Oscar trying to impress the local mums. I saw you did see that. He's got a good one handed push up on him. Who's taught him that?
Speaker 5: Not me?
Speaker 1: Because well I can't do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we tried to get you to do one handed. You just he would be like like a potatoes.
Speaker 1: Yes, thank you for pointing that out. I appreciate it, working on it, but he he One day I was like, you got to warm up for this whatever we were doing, like it's like a joke, and he just got started doing push ups. I was like, he's like the karate kid. Yeah, he's like a monkey. This kid like he's like like if he get if he grabs hold of you, he's not letting go. And then he's so strong for how small he can kids do? Is that is that normally get him checked out? You think he's an aspert. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Doctors are like, I think something's wrong with the kid. One how to push up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dyslexic, but he's definitely going to be dyslexic. But yeah, I was like, good on your kid, and all the girls were very impressed.
Speaker 3: How did can I just ask and if anyone wants to see the video, it is on two doting dads and jam pikelets as well. How did that situation get to the point where he was then in front of the women doing the one handed push ups.
Speaker 1: I just think they were just all the kids were showing off and Oscar's like, you think that's impressive, step aside, step aside, kids that are real men through ball. Then the reaction from the mums impressed, some of them are pregnant. Did he did he react?
Speaker 3: Well? Because I'd love my niece Millie. She played netball on the weekend, got her first goal. People cheered because she got a very first goal ever in netball. Congratulations, she ran off right off the court.
Speaker 4: She was like be barrassed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it was Oscar like did he was he thriving in that environment? Ah? He got a bit shy once, like he realized that everyone was like, look, did him go? He was kind of like, I'm like that's a fair response. Man, if I'm doing push ups and people are.
Speaker 4: Like, look at this, go and go.
Speaker 1: I can't do it and run so but he was, yeah, it's like he's a little party trick. I guess there's certain moments, you know.
Speaker 3: I think like if your child graduates university, high school, getting married, one.
Speaker 1: Had push up, one had to push up up.
Speaker 3: There it's on the list.
Speaker 1: I would say, it's top two. Like you do have a level of arrogance. I staunched in his Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was like, Jesu, it's like your kids want a gold medal or something.
Speaker 1: He might do one day. You don't know. We could look back and go, hang on a minute, remember that time you did it one? Make sure he doesn't peak too early. He will he's impatient, Matthew. It is time. It is time to let something off our listener's chest. And that is perant.
Speaker 4: You don't mostly regression.
Speaker 2: You don't.
Speaker 1: Just tell me what a parent do you want my grandpa at the shop?
Speaker 3: You don't want advice from strangers, Go and tell.
Speaker 4: Me what is your parent?
Speaker 3: Thank you, Ash.
Speaker 1: I have a few here.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna start with now. This is a longer one. This is maybe the longest parent.
Speaker 1: That we've ever had. Wow from Okay, beautiful Sarah, Sarah Sarah ant Sarah.
Speaker 3: No, she did post this in the Facebook group, and look, I will I will have to just preface this with an apology that you and I are both guilty of. Okay, yeah, let me start with the rent. Sarah says, I have one child, one, one beautiful ten year old daughter, and for the past ten years, all people have asked me is if I'm having another, she will be spoilt. If she's an only child, she will be lonely, she will grow up weird looking at you, Maddie Nash. Again, apologies there it is. I just smile and laugh and say I'm one and done and happy, which I am. I know people mean well, but maybe there is an underlying issue as to why people only have one. Maybe we had a miscarriage, Maybe we wanted a second one and it just wasn't on the cards of medically possible high risk. You know what, Sarah, You are absolutely one hundred percent correct.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I feel bad now because, yeah, look, we sort of rattle off sometimes, we joke.
Speaker 3: We joke, we joke, and we will be more conscious.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like that was all directed at us.
Speaker 3: I mean, like pretty much, it does say our name specifically here in the rant.
Speaker 1: Yeah that wasn't the just permitting factor, Yeah, definitely. But I seem to think that maybe it has something to do with us.
Speaker 3: And you know what, I think it's great that we're here as a community on two doting dads. We're allowed to listen to our listeners. They can vent, we can change, we can apologize, we're growing, we're learning change.
Speaker 1: This is this is all great. This is great, this is a good stuff.
Speaker 3: It's a good thing. Has Sarah stopped listening?
Speaker 1: Probably she's probably listening, but if.
Speaker 3: She's here right now, Sarah, we apologize and we thank you for your parent.
Speaker 1: And we're happy that we're happy that you just have one child. We're happy, more than happy. Wait no, okay, we have another one. Matthew from Ebony. Okay, this is also a lengthy one. Gee there really really want to get this stuff off of their chance. My husband has been working away a lot and I was just so done with parenting and hearing the word mum. They're totally fair, Like I heard you the last five and fifty two times, So both of you please shut the fuck up already. I fully understand any parent gets that. Look, guys, I really don't want to hear the word mum anymore for a bit. Okay, fair call, fair call, Florence. My three year old looks me dead in the eyes. But Ebony, you are the mum. Gotcha got she got your technicality, that's for sure. I had no response and took everything in meat not to laugh because if you laugh, they're going to do it again. Right, Yeah, we know that. Sometimes I swear she's thirteen in a three year old's body. Look, I feel you, and I did send you, Matthew. That video of that woman who was taking count of how many times her kid would say mum between the hours of like what did she get up? It was like two hundred and twenty seven times over the course.
Speaker 3: Of that's beautiful your kids want you, but then nice to be needed.
Speaker 1: But then she times by the days of the year, and it was like diabolical.
Speaker 4: As shut up.
Speaker 3: This one here, ash is anonymous, and it's directed at water bottle at nighttime. A beautiful touch, making sure the children are hydrated late at night.
Speaker 1: Why did this just remind me of that hack the person had of like the guinea big water bottle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, someone had literally got like when did you put in a guinea pig cage and tied it to the side of the bed. Yeah, it's great, but issue with water bottles at nighttime. They make my child piss the bed all the time.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, it's damn you water bottles.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we keep having the argument where I think Oscar's doing it now so we can get up to we April was a few times I'd be like, stop drinking so much water, right, like when you're in bed.
Speaker 3: Like he's like, yeah, is this there's always been the case. I don't remember growing up with the water bottle next to my bed.
Speaker 1: No, I didn't do it. There's a different generation, but we care about the kids now. It's very different. Okay, this one's from me because I'm a bit over it. It's I like to get up and out of the house immediately. I'm like, I'm so impatient. I'm like, we're going somewhere, let's fucking do it. And I've already got a for April to get ready, and that takes forever. Then I've got to get kids ready and that takes forever.
Speaker 4: And then I were like go and Wii and They're both like, I don't need to.
Speaker 1: I don't care. I will squeeze it out of you. Couldn't give a ship because then as soon as we leave the fucking house, all of a sudden, it's I need to wi it's a surprise.
Speaker 4: We it's not.
Speaker 1: No, that's what you say to your kids, so relaxed.
Speaker 4: I gotta get it off.
Speaker 1: So I say to the kids, you got a surprise we in there. It'll get you.
Speaker 3: It'll get you, however, and they're like.
Speaker 1: Oh god, because I'm in the car already waiting because I'm over it. I'm like, I'm not having this argument with you. Every time April staunch on it.
Speaker 3: Whenever I'm like, go on to sit on the toilet. Most of the time they end up doing like a massive ship.
Speaker 1: Say what was in there? Why are you fighting that? Don't you feel better now? Amaze? The other day, I was like, just please do a Wii for me, Do it for me, Come on, do it for me, Go and do a week and she's like, okay, went anyway. She did it on the potty overflowed.
Speaker 4: That's how much we she had it. And I was like, why are you resisting this? Just get it? Done.
Speaker 1: You need a bigger potty. There was a huge Wii.
Speaker 3: And if you, as a parent, need to get anything off your chest, that's why we give you parents. And today's segment was brought to you.
Speaker 1: By Just Low Prices. Every day aldi good different. All right, Matthew, it is It is that time of the week where we get questions from our listeners. We love them, We love the questions. Would you like to go first? Or would I like to go first? Let's kick it off.
Speaker 3: This is one that we've brought back again because it's just such a delicious topic.
Speaker 1: Oh people love it. I think because it strikes a chord. That's all's the trigger. If you will, I will help absolutely. This is things you shouldn't say to a parent. Volume three. All right, I'll start, Matthew. Someone says to you, mainly in public, oh gosh, you got your hands full. No shit, I know, Captain obvious.
Speaker 4: It's like and it won't help me. Yeah, help me with your hands, not your mouth.
Speaker 3: Unless it's like if you crash your car and someone's like, that's a pretty big, pretty big crash.
Speaker 1: You got your I think you've crashed it and.
Speaker 3: You're like, no shit, Oh thanks, I didn't realize.
Speaker 1: I thought I was killing it. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't know if anyone said this to you, go on, ooh gosh, aren't your kids a bit young to be in daycare?
Speaker 1: Not to me personally. I think I've thought about it about other people.
Speaker 4: I thought about it.
Speaker 3: Sure, I don't say that.
Speaker 1: I don't know. You keep that's one you keep into because you don't know people's circumstances. They might have to work.
Speaker 3: We want And again I would never say this, but we went and checked out a daycare because with a baby coming in September. I don't know if anyone knows that. And guess how old they take the kids from six weeks eight? That was closed, very close but still and I would hey, sorry, sorry, well no, move on, No, look, that's a great age.
Speaker 1: Quickly quick. The next one, when you're pregnant you announce the sex of your child and it's a girl, and they respond, will you try for a boy next time? I'm still pregnant. I haven't been trying for this life. What is wrong with people? I have? I've got that a bit. Yeah you would, Oh my god, the C section?
Speaker 3: Well, it's not really giving birth, is it. R I p to anyone who says this publicly.
Speaker 1: I'm not even laughing. I'm just who was said? Who would have said that to someone? And if you said that to someone.
Speaker 3: You've thought about saying that to someone, have a good look.
Speaker 1: In the mirror. I would say, okay, next time. All this is another one. I don't believe in bottle feeding. I don't care what you believe in. Shut your fucking mouth too. They're diabolical. I would say they're unforgivable. I think I may have said that. I think we've no one's perfect. I think you've spoken. We've spoken about it before that you've said that. Look at me like that your high horse. I'm trying to remember it, but I think you were just saying it in your situa someone thank you. Don't say that to someone else.
Speaker 3: Last one, Oh gosh, I don't know what's wrong with your kid, but my kid sleeps through the whole night.
Speaker 1: They're fighting words. That is the most offensive thing you can say to a tired p you are, that's that's a fight ready to happen. I'm punching you out. I am straight up punching you out.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: If you've had something someone has said to you as a parent, please write in.
Speaker 3: Let us we're educating the people of the world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there'd be people out there going away saying I can't say that. No, you can't say that.
Speaker 3: Hey, as you asked a question on the Facebook group which got an astounding response, and I couldn't tell if it was a serious one or not.
Speaker 1: Was it genuine? Yeah it was?
Speaker 3: It was okay for anyone who didn't see the question on the Facebook group. First of all, joined the Facebook group three thousand members.
Speaker 1: What's up? Question off the back of it really is how many days can I repack a sandwich for kids lunch? Yeah? Because how many days? Did you? It was a Wednesday? Yeah, he took it the same sandwich three days. What can I just tell me? Just vegimie. It was hamd wasn't it? No, it was chicken, it was it was vegimie. It's the same sandwich every time. So I thought, Eh, he's getting it again because I'm sick of making it. And then I put it out to see. I just wanted to not feel judged. I came thick and fast.
Speaker 3: I think I think, I mean, I think I recall a second day taking it to school and we're talking about like a veggiemine or a jam here, but then a third, a third visit to school.
Speaker 1: Come on, man, it's done a lot of cakes. That sandwich. It's clocking him up. It's just a nice lunch, but it's not just in a plastic bag in his bag school bag. Make him a freshy.
Speaker 3: Come on, man, come on.
Speaker 1: I just got the shits about it. I really got the shits about it. And then I said on that, I said, gee, I feel really judged, and someone just wanted to say that's the correct feeling.
Speaker 4: Look, I can handle it, god, I think.
Speaker 3: But I knew how to go with me about giving peanut butter and a sandwich, and you're like, ho, everyone, I've I've got the sandwich that's now mommified because it's three years old.
Speaker 1: Can I still give it to oscoo for breakfast the next day? Yes? The answer is it was like, there's no such thing as a dumb question. I think there were some good responses, like April took a hack off the back of it, which was like I won't let them eat anything when they get home until they finish their lunchbox, like when they get home very good, which is okay, that's fine, but.
Speaker 4: Like, ah, hey, we have to stop. I'm not going to stop what I'm doing.
Speaker 1: We're going to move right along. We have a new segment. We have a new segment, Matt called Parenting Wins. Parenting Wins brought to you by Vicks vapor ub now available in new lavendercent And I think it's important to celebrate all winds. Yeah, you can rant and then win.
Speaker 3: And I'm not talking about your kid doing one handed push ups. I'm talking about anything at all. It's the little wins that we need to celebrate to keep us going. Put the wind back into our sales.
Speaker 1: Oh well said all right, I'm going to go first because we didn't have a heap of people write in. Because people, it's best we celebrate those wins. I agree. This is from Sarah says, I have a sixteen and a thirteen year old. They are alive. Does that count?
Speaker 4: You're a great job, doing a fantastic job. Rub it in wherever you can.
Speaker 1: This is from Ashley.
Speaker 3: Finally got my nineteen month old to stop saying oh shit when she drop something. Now she just says, oh dear.
Speaker 4: Oh win rub it in.
Speaker 1: This one's from Hannah. I put the robot vacuum on when the kids go to bed, so it forces them.
Speaker 4: To stay in their room and someone scaring vacuum.
Speaker 1: That is a win. That is an absolute win.
Speaker 3: Oh God, we're good parents and Josh, they.
Speaker 1: Were, they're friends of mine.
Speaker 3: Their eight year old makes them delivers their coffee every morning.
Speaker 4: We trained her.
Speaker 1: Well, wow, that is child labored.
Speaker 4: So it's a win.
Speaker 1: This is from Carissa. I ate lunch the first time. I hated it up.
Speaker 3: Today and that's the type of stuff you need to celebrate.
Speaker 1: I know it's like to do the coffee. You got to keep eating that up. Call me crazy.
Speaker 3: I like it when he goes cold ash. This one is a voice message. It is sent from Frankie hor Photography.
Speaker 5: My son has a whole toy box full of just absolute shit. But he totally loves it. But I think at some point he actually took a piece in it. His four I got so sea girls, I was disgusting, like I put a job up on air tasker for a hundred bucks, chucked it out on the curve. He cracked it obviously. I told him he could have any toy that he wants if we get rid of his whole toy box and he was like, okay, cool, so win.
Speaker 4: Win, that's all. It took one toy pretty pissed in it. What's not a freak wants to buy a piece of toy box?
Speaker 1: You wouldn't say. You wouldn't put that on the description though, would you be like, free toy box, more toys for kids or these kids be like great, what's that smell? Just brave?
Speaker 4: It's a wind.
Speaker 1: Wind is a win And if you want to rub that in here on the podcast, we welcome that absolutely. I'm all for it. And that was Parenting Winds, brought to you by vix vapor Rub. For the ultimate parenting hack this winter, try vix vapor Ub, now available in a new lavender scent.
Speaker 3: It provides cough and cold relief ash for a peaceful sleep, because when they sleep, you sleep. Shop the Vix Lavender range in store.
Speaker 1: Or online at chemist Warehouse. Always read the label and follow the directions from use ash.
Speaker 3: I have some devastating news. Oh no, that's the end of this episode. Not enough, But if you would like to reach out to us, you can do that. You can speak to us in the form of a review in either on Apple Podcasts or on Spotify. Hey, whilst you're at it, give us a couple of stars. We're a four point nine on Spotify right now.
Speaker 1: Love that. You can also reach us on any social media platform that exists, Instagram, TikTok.
Speaker 3: Don't quote us on that. I'm sorry about.
Speaker 4: I just went for I went for it.
Speaker 1: Two Doting Dads across all those that I mentioned in the world, TikTok, Instagram.
Speaker 4: And anywhere else in the world.
Speaker 1: That's us. Bye see, you get bye, Okay, We'll go, I'll hang up Okay.
Speaker 3: Two Doting Dads podcast acknowledges the traditional custodians of country throughout Australia and the connections to land, see and community.
Speaker 1: We pay our respects to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torrestraight Islander peoples today