Speaker 1: Britt Laura. You know, I'm on the dating scene. I'm back on that app some I'm single.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you've been having some successes too, my little Mitch Jury.
Speaker 3: We're all living vicariously three now because Laura and I have settled down.
Speaker 1: There's this guy that I'm currently seeing. He's gorgeous, he's very sweet. Just a couple of dates, like five or six dates. So it's at that point where it's like, we've got to make a choice. What way do we go. We're going to end this or we're gonna have a chat about what's next. Anyway, the only issue I can see between the two of us is that it's very cute, very nice. We get along, good banter. I'm twenty eight, he's twenty one.
Speaker 2: He's so young, and it is Look, I know, seven years isn't that big of an age gap. I just think twenty one year olds, and this is a very blanket statement, but they don't always want the things that a twenty eight year old wants. There's a lot of life that happens in your twenties, which I think is a really important part of life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wanted to drive to the date, and he wanted to get the train cause you don't have a car. Anyway. We go to this restaurant. It's really nice. It's a cocktail bar, and we're there, we're ordering, and the banter is kind of about the age gap between the two of us because he thinks it's funny. I think it's I think it's a bit annoying that he keeps bringing it up. So I lean over to this couple next to us, who are on another spa stool at this cocktail bar. Jazz is playing. It's an underground den, and I go, you know what, I'm going to nip this in the butt once and for all. So I turned to this young couple, probably a little bit older to me, in their thirties. Excuse me, guys, sorry, And I've got a bit of liquid courage. I go, look at the two of us, Look at the two of us, and you tell me who do you think is old? And they go you. I didn't even finish the sentence, and who do you think is older? But you with a brown hair?
Speaker 3: I have seen the person you're dating, Yeah, and I feel like that you're setting yourself up.
Speaker 1: To fight, So okay, shut up. The bartender comes around, Can I get your boys any more drinks? I go, yes you can, and can you tell me who between the two of us is? Oh? Actually taps you on the shoulders like this one right here? Absolutely you. I'm like, okay, man at the back. When your two children come over here, kids, Hi, kids, Hi, who out of the two of us is an older human? They all point the big one.
Speaker 2: Big one wing to you.
Speaker 3: Mitch.
Speaker 2: Maybe you have some body dysmorphia where you think you look younger than you do.
Speaker 1: How dare you?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 1: I mean, you don't look like a twenty eight year old, Mitch. You don't look like a twenty one.
Speaker 3: And so what was the purpose of this on the spot, spontaneous survey of the room, interrupting everyone's lovely night out.
Speaker 1: It was purely to make me feel better about the age gap not being an issue, because in my mind I don't think it is that big of an issue, but apparently everyone thinks it is.
Speaker 3: You guys, think, what's funny you say that because I actually recently came across a study.
Speaker 1: A little bit of it I read.
Speaker 3: I love some science. No, Mitch, I'm sorry to be the one to tell you. Just remind me what's theage different seventeen years, okay, eight years? Well, all right, even worse than thought. There's a study that experts have done and there is a correlation between age gaps in a relationship and how likely the relationship is to break up.
Speaker 1: Okay, A long story short.
Speaker 3: The bigger the age gap, the more likely you are for that relationship to not work. Now, if we go into your category of what's so fun, you have your category of seen you no five years difference, so five years and a since your category is an added eighteen percent on top of the normal breakup to what odds you are of breaking up?
Speaker 2: Dear, Really, sixteen works, doesn't it?
Speaker 3: Eighteen percent more likely?
Speaker 1: I don't believe, so tap out now, I don't. I don't believe it, do you know? I just think age gaps matter more the younger you are.
Speaker 2: So like, if you're a teenager and there's an eight year age gap, that is illegal.
Speaker 1: If you are in your.
Speaker 2: Twenties and there's an eight year age gap, then that just becomes a bit tricky because there's so much life to live. If you're in your thirties and there's an eight not that bad. Sixties, no one cares sixty one sixty nine year old. You can date all day long. No one cares the age gap.
Speaker 3: I mean, like I'm giving you a hard time, Midge. But the age gap for my last relationship was seven years and I was seven years older, so like hell scandalo brand. But the difference was twenty seven to whatever.
Speaker 1: That is thirty five.
Speaker 2: Also, how the difference is a book is that you.
Speaker 1: Often lie about your age, so no one knew anyway. Yeah, he thought I was twenty eight.
Speaker 3: But do you know what, Mitch, that was okay because he's frontal lob developed, so it's twenty one every fund me and he had a bit of life experience and he drove, so twenty one. No, but be in all seriousness, twenty one. There are studies to say that you are still working out who you are