Speaker 1: A good pickup with Britt Hogley.
Speaker 2: And Laura Beirn Radio Work, Our Windows, My World, Reason.
Speaker 3: The dust only good, bab, I don't much, but yeah I'm not.
Speaker 4: I'll big get and what I want. It don't matter where. This is the pick up.
Speaker 1: Hi, guys, it's the pick up with Britt Hackley and Laura Birn.
Speaker 3: Hey, guess what I'm doing this weekend?
Speaker 4: Laura?
Speaker 3: Sorry, I'm super excited. Yes, that, but that's not what I was gonna say. I am going to see in the Flesh renee Zeldwiger.
Speaker 4: Oh are you going to that? I'm not going, damn it, I was. It's the she didn't invite you? Did she know?
Speaker 3: She she messaged me and said she'd love me.
Speaker 1: The premiere for the new Bridget Jones's movie.
Speaker 4: I think it's on Saturday Sunday.
Speaker 5: I was.
Speaker 4: That's why Laura's not going. She would have turned up a date early day.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: I was invited, believe it or not. And the reason why I wanted to go wasn't for renee Zelwigger. I am abst like if I was going to run away with a man Leo Woodle like he's the guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's so hot.
Speaker 3: But your other crash was Man Mountain Jason Momola. They're two dead, very different people.
Speaker 4: Don't have a type. I just like hot men, anyone that gives me attention.
Speaker 1: Have you not seen what's that movie that the TV show? It's a White Lotus. No no, no, no, no, no, one day, one day. He's in that series, and he is so hot that I know that we're getting off track.
Speaker 4: I've also seen that he's super hot. Thank you.
Speaker 3: We need to add he did come out with a statement recently so that says he doesn't like to be objectified, which is what you have just done.
Speaker 4: Sorry, Leo. I've never objectified my husband.
Speaker 3: But it's interesting because he keeps taking his shirt off as well, So I'm.
Speaker 4: Objectifying yourself, Leo. We can't help it. A huge show.
Speaker 3: We've got Angie Kent on the show today. She's gone the big you know the show Big.
Speaker 1: Miracles, Little Miracles, almost Obsessed Miracles.
Speaker 3: It's the fertility and IVF show that takes you along the journey of women that are going through that process, women and families. And Angie's doing it on her own, which I think is really cool.
Speaker 4: So we've got her on the show for a bit of a chat, Britt.
Speaker 1: There is a TV show that I am obsessed with, Yeah, Big Miracles. We talked about it quite a bit during season two and season one, season one. Actually one of my really close friends was on there, Courtney, and she ended up with her miracle baby off the back of this TV show. And it is honestly one of the most incredibly beautiful, feel good shows that there is around fertility and the journey towards motherhood and parenthood. Yeah, it has a look at IVF and people's journeys and it obviously highlights a lot of the really nice outcomes, which we're hyper aware that it doesn't always end up that way.
Speaker 3: But one of Australia's sweethearts is appearing on this season, Angie Kent, and we have her on the phone.
Speaker 6: Hi ang Hi girls nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Angie, We're used to seeing you on reality TVs. But I have to say, when you made the announcement that you're going on Big Miracles, I was shocked and I think it's amazing that you're doing this. I'd love to know, like, what was it and how did it come about that you ended up being a participant on this show.
Speaker 6: Look, I always have. I've always wanted to be a lum. I didn't know how that was going to show up for me, given the fact that I have that many chronic and visible illnesses. I'm single, so I was always kind of like, look, motherhoods in the future, don't know what it's going to look like. So I will do IVF. I didn't know when that would happen, and this kind of weirdly popped up for me, and I was like, this is the universe, this is my time, and I've done it. I've done my IVS treatment and it's all happening.
Speaker 4: It's so exciting to hear Satan.
Speaker 3: I love that you're sharing the journey so that so many other women in your situation feel less alone and know it's okay, and they get an insight into how it happens.
Speaker 4: But you just mentioned you.
Speaker 3: Are single, but you have done embryos, which means there does have to be some sperm involved somewhere. Talk to us about how that process was and is it someone that you knew. Did you go through like a random sperm donation?
Speaker 6: Yeah, so I had to go through the whole selection of a donor, which I am the most indecisive person in the world, Like I couldn't even pick what I have for lunch. That's why I don't even know how I managed to do The Bachelor, because thinking some of the end was like the worst thing for me was harder than that because I had to pick somebody that is half of my child, even though they won't be there, they're half of my baby. So it took me way longer than I'm sure production would have liked me to. Okay, but that's just me. I took my sweet alf time.
Speaker 1: I'm imagining you getting pushed along by The Bachelor production to the just choose someone, but in this case, it's.
Speaker 4: Like, just choose some DNA.
Speaker 1: Come on, there's so much as with this though, how much information do you get? So when it comes to sperm donation, Like, I know there's different rules for different places, but in Australia, how much info do you get on the donor sperm on the you know, the guy who's contributed.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, so much right, so iron woo, Like the profiles were so in depth and so intense that you could go back to look at their grandmother and grandfather's health history. So you best believe I did my father of the family has so many mental health and physical health issues, so I was just like going back making sure we don't double up. I fully went off health, but I also went off how much I felt like you could be my best mate and I would want to have a baby with you. I'm queer, so I date everybody. So it wasn't necessarily me looking at the profiles and going, oh, look, I want to date this dude. It was more like, you could be my best mate and I would love to have a baby with you. That's kind of how I ended up having to go into it.
Speaker 3: And you don't get any aesthetics, do you in terms of like you don't get pictures? Do you get baby pictures or is it just like your oh you do.
Speaker 6: No, you get baby pictures and you don't get know what they look now, do you the current ones? No? No, no way, Because say, for example, if I picked someone here in Australia, if I like I could run into him down at the street and Sidney or baby Daddy, I'd be like, hey, thanks for the storm, but no, I don't know what this person looks like now. I just know what they look like as a baby. And you also get like you know her color, eye color, ethnicity in all of that, and then you can kind of, you know, just envision what baby daddy is going to look like. We sperm don'tut he's not a baby daddy because he may have nothing to do with the baby. But you know, it's time more real.
Speaker 1: All Hey, Angie, this is so fascinating to me. Do you mind sticking around. We're gonna play a couple of songs. I'm gonna come back because I want to hear more about this.
Speaker 6: Sounds good, gal, Angie.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you're allowed to tell us this or if this is coming up on the episode, but is this something you are actively doing now in terms of you are implanting this embryo or are you freezing it and putting it on ice.
Speaker 6: For like a later eight that?
Speaker 7: I feel like that's a watch that's a spoiler.
Speaker 4: All right, Is Angie pregnant yet or not? Okay, we'll leave that for the show. Okay, leave for the show.
Speaker 6: But also I feel like I don't want to say that because people spot me out and about and I'm having it. No, I'm not pregnant right now. I'm just going to say that. Yeah, if I go out now and I'm having a drink for my birthday. Then they're going to be like, han on a minute, ye just got pregnant's having a speaky champagne. So no, I'm not pregnant right now.
Speaker 4: How long have you been thinking about this?
Speaker 1: How long has this been something that has been something that you wanted to do and something that you knew. Okay, i may have issues with fertility coming up in the future, and I've got to do something about the preservation of that.
Speaker 6: Now, that's a really good question. I have probably been thinking about this since I really started to take time to invest in my body and understanding what was going on internally. I suffered so much with all this pain, and you know, I had no idea where it was coming from. And then I found out I had, you know, endometriosists and pcos and you know, the list goes on. And I work so closely with my Women's Health Crack and a beautiful team I've cultivated, and he actually said to me, looks, I think if you want to have a baby, which he knows that I do, let's look at IBS. Then it almost as if I as soon as I put that out there, I got the call. I don't know if it's because they've seen me be very vocal about my chronic invisible illnesses and they were like, would you like to document this be the person that speaks about, you know, doing it solo with having all these chronic invisible health conditions. And I was like, oh my god, I'm a single mum. That stuff is expansive and of course I would love to share this experience. So it's all kind of like rolled in as this like delicious little package, and I just thought, I've got to do this now and it's ready therefore me so for when I'm ready to implant one of my baby.
Speaker 5: But just say that it's so amazing.
Speaker 3: It's crazy to hear, isn't it that It's like you're in the process.
Speaker 4: It's exciting.
Speaker 3: But have you thought about or when you choose your sperm? Are there different categories in terms of like a category of sperm donors that want to be anonymous and never have any connection or anything to do with it, or and then there is there a category of like, hey, I'm a sperm donor, but also like would love to be involved if you want me to. And then how did you make that decision.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so there is Some of them very much are like no, you know, no, thanks, don't want anything to do, which is totally fine, and then others are more like, you know, if it's something that you would love, I would love to be involved, which I think that will happen for me once I navigate what it's like to be a mum on my own show. Yeah, and then down the track, I think it's I think I would like for my baby to have that option, and I'm grateful enough that I did pick somebody that very very much wants to be a part of out of it. So yeah, it's really beautiful.
Speaker 3: Angie.
Speaker 1: How do you feel, I mean, obviously we saw so much of you on The Bachelor and like your quest for love and everything else that goes with that show. Bachelorette their Bachelorette of course, Sorry, I know they just conflate the two. But you know, obviously going through this process alone and having a baby on your own, raising a baby as your single as a single mum will in some ways impact your dating life. How do you feel about that or are you at a point where you're like, I'm going to put the dating life on hold, Like how does that work for you?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 6: Oh my gosh, that's you know what I've kind of thought about it. But I think because this whole process has been so overwhelming and the fact that I can even have the opportunity to you know, create embryos, it has kind of laid dormant. I guess in the back of my brain, like imagine if I found someone and it's like, oh, hey, by the way, I'm through, I'm pregnant, and they're like, oh, okay, off whoa. But for me, dating, even though I did yes, date twenty dudes at one point, dating isn't really high up for me, to be honest, it never has been. When again, when that opportunity was presented to me, I was like, signed from the universe, Oh my god, I'm supposed to date these dudes. This is this is it. I'm more of that person. I don't really actively search for it. If I do fall in love one day, again, great, If I don't, I feel like my baby is going to be the love of my life. I'm the love of my life. Well I'm working on doing the love of my life. Yeah, it's an ongoing thing and if anybody else eventually kind of fits in with my family that I've made my modern family. Then that again is the universals thing.
Speaker 3: Oh, Angie, we're really just rooting for you.
Speaker 4: We are no punting tender. Actually we are.
Speaker 3: We are.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we can't wait to watch it Big Miracles.
Speaker 3: If you're interested in watching the show as a whole, or Angie's Journey, it returns Wednesday a nine pm on Channel nine and nine.
Speaker 4: Now I know I'm going to be tuning in and good luck.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 1: It's time for something that we do on the reg here at the pickup, and that is our little wins of the week.
Speaker 4: And now we don't want to hear from you with your big wins.
Speaker 1: We're not talking about graduations and marriages and birthdays.
Speaker 4: I've got an example.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, hit me my fiddle if completely died at home and I thought it was beyond resurrection, and I have given it that much love and attention that has sprouted and it's coming back to life.
Speaker 4: That for me a little win.
Speaker 1: Your fiddle feg would have come back to life had you just neglected it outside. I'm pretty sure it started re sprouting when you neglected it.
Speaker 4: No it didn't.
Speaker 3: Don't you minimize the love and effort I've put into growing up.
Speaker 4: Don't you minimize how little this win is? This is okay, I've never said it was a big one. All right.
Speaker 1: Well, look, if you get through, we get to pick a winner from this one. It's the best of the little wins and you get a five hundred dollars if voucher to spend at chemist ware house. We've got Anita on the phone. Anita, what is your little winn of the week?
Speaker 6: Hi?
Speaker 5: So I bravely attempted to make toast, something simple, but every single time I make toast, the fire alarm goes off. So I to fight a new toaster. And I successfully made a toast. Even though it was like blindly golden, it didn't set the all up.
Speaker 4: I've ever heard in my life. I cooked.
Speaker 3: What I'm getting from this is I need a cook toast.
Speaker 4: All right? Well see, alright, let's go tode Jade. What is your little win of the week? Okay?
Speaker 2: So my win actually was yesterday I was grabbing my coffee. It was made absolutely divine and just as pretty much as a guy in front of me, And unfortunately for him, a twenty dollars note did fall out of his wallet, which I noticed, I kind of ran after him, and as I was running after him with my purple that he made coffee and let him know that he dropped his twenty dollars. He actually told me please keep it because just for being kind and I guess chasing after him. So not only did I end up with a beautiful coffee, I ended up also with twenty dollars. So I'm now speaking to you guys.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna plays the coffee.
Speaker 4: We'll get you everywhere.
Speaker 3: I was wondering where the coffee came into the story, but it was just a bit of an add on, which is a nice coffee.
Speaker 2: Good coffee, the coffee.
Speaker 4: We've gone from toast to coffee, haven't we? All right? Tasha? What is your little win of the week?
Speaker 6: Hello?
Speaker 4: Guy?
Speaker 7: My week is that I finally, after four years of marriage, got to beat my husband in ten pin bowling and we go all the time. Oh and I've never won, and I finally won, and it was beautiful because his boss was bowling a couple of lanes down. I just made it even better, Tasha.
Speaker 3: The satisfaction, Oh my god, there's nothing better than when I beat my film seat. Literally, anything but your.
Speaker 1: Fiance is a professional sportsman, so it's particularly hard to beat any sport.
Speaker 3: Oh, I don't think that this is going to be a hard pick for me.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry. It's not the toast. It's not the coffee.
Speaker 3: It's not the toast. I don't think it's the coffee. I'm going ten pin bowling.
Speaker 1: Tasha, You've just won yourself a five hundred dollars if boucher to spend at Chemists warehouse.
Speaker 4: So not only did you win ten big bowl, you went on the pickup.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, thank you so much. Girls, that's incredible.
Speaker 4: You're so welcome. Thanks for calling in.