Speaker 1: Oh yes, it's literally music to my ears. Two contestants, one hundred strangers. This is Family Feud the podcast. I'm your host Peter Hallier and the theme.
Speaker 2: Of today's episode very exciting space explorer with two absolute legends of the Australian comedy scene.
Speaker 1: He's been doing it for thirty years. He's representing the O'Neill family for Mitcham. He's making his return the family view of the podcast. It is Dave O'Neill, whose twin brother Glenn once asked him, are you still doing that comedy stuff?
Speaker 3: But he lives in Switzerland, so he's big like this, are you still doing the comedy stuff here? He's been there for a long time. Is he identical? Yeah, yeah, but he's skinny identical. Up until Uni we were. We're absolutely mistaken for each other, but I've just eaten a lot.
Speaker 1: Claire Hooper, an absolute legend representing the Hooper family from mader Veil in the beautiful Hills of Perth, whose brother Ian was once airlifted off Mount Everest.
Speaker 4: You baby, he got some sort of gastro halfway up Everest.
Speaker 1: They had had to bring him down with the squirts.
Speaker 5: Didn't get to the top.
Speaker 1: Good effort, though, bloody good effort, and I expect a bloody good effort from you. Claire who but this is a rematch.
Speaker 5: That's right, this is my everest.
Speaker 1: You are going to be playing for some people today, and you're gonna be playing for them to get a start named after their family. Dave, you're going to be representing Robert Wood. Let's get Rob on the line. Good day Rob, It's Peter Halley. If and family Feud the podcast? How are you?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Goodbye to yourself.
Speaker 1: I'm very good, mate. I have in the studio with me the one, the only comic legend, Dave O'Neil. He's going to be representing you today. Say gooday to Dave. Wonderful. How are you, Dave?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm good, right, I'm good. I'm confident. So the topic is space. Do you know any thing about space place exploration? I'm glad you'll represent me, not the other way around, mate. Yeah, I've only ever been to Dubbo's.
Speaker 1: If Dave wins, you'll have a star officially named after your family. It'll be there'll be a Wood star.
Speaker 3: That's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Days gonna be playing for you. He won the last time he went head to head with Claire Hooper. We'll be back in touch to let you know if he's successful. Awesome, thanks guys, good luck Dave. Thanks excellent stuff. Claire. You'll be going for Steph Brown. We go for a Brown ste I.
Speaker 5: Like this Brown Star. That's very good.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hello, Steph, It's Peter Helly, I from Family for you the podcast How are you good?
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm excellent with me in the studio. Not only do I have Dave o'neir, but I also have playing for you comedy legend, Claire Hooper. Say hi to Claire.
Speaker 5: Hi, Hi, Steph.
Speaker 4: This is so exciting. Look, I'll be honest with you. I lost last time I played, but that just makes me hungry for it.
Speaker 5: Oh good.
Speaker 4: If I win for you, you get a star named after your family, which we've just worked out. It will be called the Brown Star, which is a pretty beautiful name.
Speaker 1: There will be a star that you can gaze upon through your the Brown family telescope, and it will be the Brown Star.
Speaker 5: This is brilliant.
Speaker 1: So cross your fingers, cross your toes. We'll be back in touch and let you know if Claire has been successful and if you'll be gazing up to the night sky tonight with the big Brown star. There. We have two stars in the studio. That's what we have. We have Dave O New and Claire Hooper. Here's how the game works, guys. We're going to play two rounds of classic feud, and then the winner of those rounds gets advantage in our final fast feud round. The winner of Fast Feud takes home the glory and the star named after either Rob Wood, the Wood Star or the Brown Star representing the Brown family. Excellent stars. Are you ready? Yep, let's feud. This is around one of classic feud. We surveyed one hundred people and we want their top answers to our question. You which get three guesses. The person with the highest number of correct answers at the end of the round wins. Who goes first? I think last time for memory. In quite a controversial move of chivalry, Dave suggested ladies go first. So I think, Dave, you go first. My memory of last time there was there was a lack of competitiveness between you two. We almost helped each other. We conferred, which is I actually got to call from Grand Dana. You fix that, you nip that in the butt.
Speaker 3: That's not good.
Speaker 1: So let's conferring this to Okay, Okay, let's be serious. Okay, let's get into it. The survey question is, name something that exists in outer space? Here some thinking music for those playing at home. You might be in your car, you might be on a walk. Some thinking music for you also serves as thinking music for Dave O'Neill, Name something that exists in outer space? Star stars. I've said it before. We are playing for a.
Speaker 3: Star, the brown star or the woodstar.
Speaker 1: Let's find out its stars on the board. It's a hot start. It's a hot start, Dave O'Neil. It is the top answer on the board. There's play of juicy stuff left up there. It's a wide, wonderful world up there, a lot, and we're exploring space. So let's continue that exploration. Claire, what else is up there?
Speaker 5: The moon?
Speaker 1: The moon makes sense, doesn't it? Good? One is the moon up there? Of course it is?
Speaker 5: The Moon's up there.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's just fact still, but in fact that people know exactly what the people go towards. They lean on. What else is up there? Day? Planets, planets? Its planet's up there?
Speaker 3: Yes, it is a lot of planets.
Speaker 1: Second top answer, What else up there? Claire?
Speaker 4: All right, he's got the top two answers. So now we're really working down.
Speaker 1: That we need. We need you to draw level here. You don't want to get too far behind in round one.
Speaker 5: All right, Well, I'm just going to go with aliens because it's fun.
Speaker 3: It's good one.
Speaker 1: They well, it doesn't matter, it doesn't matter, it doesn't matter, it doesn't matter to those surveyed. These aliens on the board. You guys have come out hot. We had now the top four answers.
Speaker 3: Wow, satellites, satellite be your satellite.
Speaker 1: I was going to say this out, this podcast will be impossible without satellites. But I'm not sure if that's how satellites were satellites on the boarder, I mean, they are there.
Speaker 5: Out of space? Are they in orbit around you know, I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I would have said they're out of space. We're at the business end, Claire. Last time you went head to head with O'Neil, you did not take out around. Yeah. They just facts, They just facts.
Speaker 5: Okay, Okay, this is your chance.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to inspire you. Oh I see, well and build some tension for the audience. Okay, if you get this right, you take out round one.
Speaker 4: I'm going to go with a classic seven year old answer. I'm going to pretend I'm in year two and say black holes.
Speaker 1: Black holes, black hole to take out round one? Is black hole? Up there? Is not? You know? That means we have a tie in round one. Let's see where you find a winner in round two. Okay, so Dave, you went first in the last round. Claire, you will go first in this round for a chance. Whoever wins this round gets the advantage in fast feud. That means you go first, so you have the first crack at all the answers, So the stakes are high. You each get three guesses. The person with the most correct answers at the end of the round wins. The survey question is name something and as stradonaut might do to pass time whilst in space thinking music for those playing at home, names something an astronaut might do to pass time whilst in space. Nearly's walking like a thunderbird for some reason, trying to pretend I'm up there.
Speaker 5: That is a weird question.
Speaker 4: So I'm just I'm really I'm lost. I'm going to say, somersaults.
Speaker 5: What do you see them do?
Speaker 4: But I also don't know if it passes much time as somersault fun to say, though, I.
Speaker 1: Think if I was in space, I would try to know it's the first thing you do one or two. Yes, try it in space. It's somersault on the board.
Speaker 5: That's fine.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's good.
Speaker 1: We had fun Dave. Name something an astronaut might do to pass time whilst in space.
Speaker 3: Look out the window, that you would do that. I would look out the window a lot. I mean there's my house.
Speaker 1: Imagine getting back and people saying how it's space, and you go, I forgot to look at the window.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you'd look at it. Look at the Earth. Look out the window, look at the Earth.
Speaker 4: Imagine if you've got one of the space view rooms, you know, like you check in. I'm on here for a solid four months. What I don't even have an earth view, the moonview. I'm looking at the rubbish bins out the back.
Speaker 1: The good room is look out the window, slash looking down at the Earth. On the board, it's not wonder if if that's what you pastime.
Speaker 4: Things you would absolutely do in space, do a somersault and have a look at earth.
Speaker 1: To defend what surprised summersault isn't there? It feels like something you might do the past time. I wonder if looking at the window is passing time or just that's what you're doing.
Speaker 5: Actually, what you're there to do is all right?
Speaker 1: Something else?
Speaker 4: If you I know, if you were Bruce Willis, you'd patch through a call to your daughter on earth.
Speaker 5: You'd have a lum chat to live Tyler?
Speaker 1: How many times with you? I believe your husband again? Fourteen times? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Loves that movie.
Speaker 1: Anyway, what did they do so they call home? Oh? Yeah, there's not.
Speaker 4: Much passing the time and Armageddon. They're there to do a job. They're there to drill. It's a very blue collar Armageddon film. It's like, what do we need to save the earth? We need some people who do real work. Read a book, that's my answer.
Speaker 1: Read a book. I wonder if read a book? Is on the board straight?
Speaker 3: It was?
Speaker 1: It was the top answer to Okay, wow, answer hooper hot Hooper, just got hot, hot strot yep, Dave O'Neil, How do you respond eat no, but you gonna answer hello hello? Eat on the board. It was at least popular answer, but it's.
Speaker 3: On the board.
Speaker 1: Up there, up there, of course you have a snack.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, space food, space food.
Speaker 1: Claire, what's something else that an astronaut might do to pass time whilst in space?
Speaker 4: Look, I might just go with a Bruce Willis answer and say you do a you do a quick video call back to Earth.
Speaker 5: You have a fun video call, right, people.
Speaker 1: Are still zooming in the space, still happening.
Speaker 5: Tidy up the spaceship. We're connecting to Earth.
Speaker 3: Were the first zoomers? Were the first?
Speaker 4: Stay snack wrappers out of the way.
Speaker 1: You both have a correct answer each, Claire, you need this to stay in round two? Okay, you don't want Dave O'Neil going to classic feud with another advantage like a last time you're saying call home for a chance to win round two is call home on the board. Bruce Willis has led you astray. Not the first time, Dave to win round two. I'm trying to think, have you seen amagedin? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, a long time ago. But I re goon watch movies. I'm up in space. Let's put on mission impossible too, whereas I would just be looking out of the window. But no one said that.
Speaker 1: Well, you'd be doing that all the time. I think, Okay, is watch mission impossible? Two on the board.
Speaker 4: Okay, you're going to have to tell us. Now we've managed to guess two things. And I thought that our answers were.
Speaker 1: All very good. I thought so too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so what do people say?
Speaker 1: The top answer was read, which you got.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's something.
Speaker 1: It was the bottom answer in between those were sleep, sure, float, which.
Speaker 5: Is closeault but great sing?
Speaker 1: Sorry, what is wrong with karaoke contests? Count stars?
Speaker 4: Well, that's stare out of the window. But cards seeing them play cards? But it's awfully hard because there is you know, how do you play at checking it?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: I reckon and walk were going a bit of a space walk. Oh wow, okay, are you're satisfied? The upshot is a tame Stevens. We have a tie break.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I'm so excited. I never had a tie break on a family feud.
Speaker 1: So neither one a classic round, which means it's time we go to a tiebreaker, and winning this round gives you major advantage in the final fast feud round. The way the tiebreaker works is you get one guess each and the person who gives the highest answer on the board wins the round. Okay, shout out your name to buzz in. Okay, just check your buzzes please, Dave excellent, they're working. We surveyed one hundred people and ask them this name something you might see in a spaceship. Dave, Dave space food. That's very good, Claire, monkey, you can give an answer to be it'll be the highest answer, and I can. I can tell you it's not a monkey.
Speaker 5: I'm not going to say monkey.
Speaker 1: That's a monkey dog like how the dog.
Speaker 4: I know, I thought of the dog as well, but it makes me sad. Buttons, Oh, I still think space suit. That's the first thing I thought, is spacesuit or buttons?
Speaker 3: Buttons buttons like controls.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, the control panel. Can I can I say the control panel instead of buttons. Yeah, you get what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I'll give you the control You both have your answers, and I can tell you this. We are still in a tiebreaker.
Speaker 4: Well, they're not neither neither of those things, all right in our ser Clare astronaut in fanness.
Speaker 1: I'll give you another Dave food.
Speaker 3: Sure they have to eat the food.
Speaker 1: It was. One of the answers was eat in the.
Speaker 3: Last I'm trying to think, you know connection, we.
Speaker 1: Have a winner. Now we have a winner, and the winner in the tiebreak he will take advantage into fast feud is Claire Hooper.
Speaker 5: Oh I did it?
Speaker 1: Five people said that.
Speaker 4: Is fair though that is I do want someone out the control panel, which is definitely also in there.
Speaker 1: Say the other one which actually had thirty six was Aliens. Pretty cooky people we surveyed, which means Claire Hooper takes advantage in a fast feud. We have made it to the final round. What's time to play fast feud? Right now? I'll ask you both five questions in quick succession. I won't be baggar rising around, and you need to try and guess the most popular answer straight off the top of your head. If you take too long, I'll skip on to the next question and you'll miss out on the chance to pick up those points. The play with the most points at the end of fast Feud wins the game, reminding you that deve O Neil won the last battle. Claire Hooper, you need to strike back. I'm going to do my best, Claire. Because you won classic feud and a tiebreaker, you have the advantage of playing fast feud first. Do you accept that advantage?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 5: Please, I'd like to go first.
Speaker 1: Excellent, Dave. I'll get you to leave the studio. You'll be exported out here. The door will be locked behind you, and you will be placed in the family Feud podcasts, sleeping bag. There we go. You cannot hear a thing, Claire. You will play first. I want your answers as soon as I finished the first question. Are you ready to play fast feud?
Speaker 5: Yes? Please.
Speaker 1: Let's go. Name one of the planets, Mars. Give me another word for a UFO alien. Give me a word that rhymes star far apart from stars. Name something people look at through a telescope, the moon. Name a character from Star Wars, Luke Skywalker, clar Hooper. That's a very handy round. You've just played a fast feud. I think you've done the stars.
Speaker 5: You said fast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you said fast, and you held up your end of the bargain. Yeahause feel good?
Speaker 5: Thanks, f Yeah, I feel great about that.
Speaker 1: You should feel good about that. We're going to bring Dave back in. Dave v Neil re entering. He's just been out for a couple of minutes where he years booked thirty two gigs in that time.
Speaker 3: I did a gig out there in the Crocker.
Speaker 1: Claire, I'm going to say he done very well.
Speaker 3: Bet you she has. And I was out there in the sleeping bag, which is a bit damp, but anyway, I felt like I was camping, but I was trying to get in the space mode.
Speaker 1: I will check the list, see who was last in. Yes, I'll have answers for you good. Are you ready to play fast feud?
Speaker 3: I am. I'm stressed, but go for it because.
Speaker 1: Claire's gone first. She's giving five really good answers. So if you repeat an answer, you'll hear this noise. Oh that shocks me because it's tied to your nipples. If you feel that electric sensation in your nipples, you need to give us another answer straight away. Let's go. Name one of the planets, Mars Jupiter. Give me another word for a UFO.
Speaker 3: Food fighter.
Speaker 1: Give me a word that rhymes with star ba apart from stars. Named something people look at through a telescope, moon.
Speaker 3: Planets.
Speaker 1: Name a character from Star Wars Chewy Chewbacker excellent. Everyone loves Chewy. Everyone loves a wookie. You said Walkie because Stephen Curry played Wookie in the oil film The Nuggets.
Speaker 3: Try that was on Netflix.
Speaker 1: Check it out wherever it is. How do you feel now?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel all right. I said a stupid one. They didn't, which, well they were, that's what they used to call a UFO reference, but no, I will say that. Well, what do you say at UFO? Was UFO Alien spaceship?
Speaker 1: Okay, flying Saucer?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, that's good. That's real good.
Speaker 1: And I do not know the answers.
Speaker 3: That's that's number one. And I love you.
Speaker 1: But I actually win this round the podcast, who knows? We'll find out very soon. Okay, it's on to find out who won. Family Few the podcast reminder that Dave O'Neill and Claire Hooper have gone head to head before. Dave o neil came up Trump's last time. Let's find out if Claire Hooper can extract her revenge. Name one of the planets. Let's start with you. Dave said Jupiter. Jupiter. Your first answer was Mars had already been taken. See you said Jupiter. It's a reflex action. Yep, Jupiter. On the board.
Speaker 3: It was nine points not great but good.
Speaker 1: Not great, but you're off the mark. You're off the mark. Claire said, Mars big one. It would have been my go to and it was the highest, of course answer on the board, forty one points. Forty one points after a flyer, it's Claire Hooper. Let's go to the next one. Give me another word for a UFO. That's right?
Speaker 5: Isn't food?
Speaker 1: He said?
Speaker 3: Food?
Speaker 1: Fighter?
Speaker 5: Is it on the board?
Speaker 3: I think so?
Speaker 1: It wasn't going to be on the board. Zero you're still on nine. Claire, you said alien go on.
Speaker 5: Oh it's one of them, isn't it.
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: There UFOs?
Speaker 1: Is it on the board though.
Speaker 5: It's not on the board either.
Speaker 1: Alien craft was on the board?
Speaker 5: Yeah, right, I need the other word.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Flying saucer at the top.
Speaker 5: Yeah, of course it was.
Speaker 1: Flying saucer was the top answer. Forty nine and spaceship, which so pretty handy. The third question was giving me a word that rhymes with star. Claire, you said far. It certainly rhymes your star. Is it on the board? Fourteen people said that you're on fifty five points? Well, beautiful, Dave, you're still on nine points, and you said bar great, surely bars on the board?
Speaker 3: Oh thank god?
Speaker 1: Forty four people The top answer said Bar you skyrocket to fifty three. Wow, we've got a ding dong battle on our hands. Fifty five places fifty three. Claire Hooper leads the next question, apart from stars, named something people look at through a telescope.
Speaker 5: Claire, you said the moon.
Speaker 1: The moon is the moon on the board. It was the top answer, of course, was thirty one people. Claire goes to eighty six. Oh, Dave said planets only planets is on the board. It is the second most popular answer, twenty points eighty six place seventy three. Anyone can win. I love this question. Name a character from Star Wars. Claire, you said Luke Skywalker. Bee Dave you said Chewy Jewey, Chewbacker, everyone's favorite Wookie. One's a Wookie, one's a Jedi Knight? Is Luke Skywalker on the board? Who was was Chewy on the board? They were both on the board, but the highest answer was the Jedi and south Luke Skywalker. Congratulations Claar who but.
Speaker 5: It was worth coming back. I knew I had an inmate.
Speaker 1: I'm so proud of you.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 1: You were so determined after the last defeat. But the most exciting news, not only this is a feel good story. I'll be surprised if you just have to make the papers to be honest, because not only as a clear whoper one and got her eventing over Dave O'Neil. We Now, when you look into the sky tonight, what will you see?
Speaker 5: Look up at a beautiful brown star? The burst of the brown star.
Speaker 1: Let's guess the owner.
Speaker 5: Now, Steff, Steph, Stef step.
Speaker 1: Brown on the line. Clear, you can break it to it.
Speaker 5: Hello, Oh Steph, it's clear. Who were calling?
Speaker 4: You just quickly got something to let you know. I'm just giving you the greatest gift. It's the gift of the brown star. Yes, well we got the brown.
Speaker 5: Star, Baby, we got it. Pat's happy, even Dave's happy.
Speaker 4: I'm happy, to be honest, we're all really happy to know that there's a brown star.
Speaker 1: Now, how does that feel? Steph? When you gaze to Disguis tonight, there'll be.
Speaker 4: Ah, it'll be winking at you, that brown star winks.
Speaker 3: What's that? Dad? It's a brown star. Kids, don't stare at it, don't.
Speaker 1: Are you going to be on the phone to your family as soon as you can get off this phone call and let them know that there is a brown star now in the sky. Yes, I'm not sure how I'm going to explain that to them. Twinkle little Brown Star, I wonder what you will, Steph. I am so happy for you. Thank you so much. Thank you for playing along with us on Family Feud the Podcast. Claire who but you did a wonderful job winning a Brown Star.
Speaker 5: Thank you Today the world so proud.
Speaker 1: We've changed the universe today, guys, thanks for playing Family Feud the Podcast. Thank you, Dave Claire. You are both genuine superstars as people and comic legends. Thank you for coming in and playing along. And if you see these guys on a chalkboard anywhere their names, go into that pub or bar or theater and watch them. They are the mess.
Speaker 3: But we're all in the shadow of the Brown Star.
Speaker 1: Now it is. You've been listening to the Family Feud the Podcast edition. You get this wherever you get your podcasts. We'll see you with another great lineup of legends next time. See soon. Family Feud is a podcast from the iHeartRadio and Kiss Network based on the television series Family Feud. A free mental format