Speaker 1: Oh do do, Welcome back to Pod Labor Arena with me, Michaeldstein and my co host Lizzie Who good to be that it is another edition of the weekly episodes.
Speaker 2: Here tennis keeps moving, Tennis it keeps going.
Speaker 1: Continue a that's French continues.
Speaker 2: I was thinking, continue, continue be.
Speaker 1: This is good stuff from Pod Labor Arena. And look at this. I was admiring this new We've always had these decorations and.
Speaker 2: Change it up a little bit.
Speaker 1: In here, but now we got the tennis balls sitting on the tennis jar and shitting out tennis.
Speaker 2: Balls for him. Would you good movement?
Speaker 1: Immediately think shitting or giving birth a little tennis babies.
Speaker 2: No, I felt, I thought, yeah, shis stuff. No way keeps winning, keeps winning, winning, keeps winning, winning every turn off, garlos keeps winning, winning, keeps winning winning, keeps winning winning more, garlos keeps winning, winning, keeps winning, winning, keeps winning, winning, keeps winning.
Speaker 1: Winning every attorney, everytturney, every tourney. He won guitar up, and he won guitar up, and here being out their fees up and ha he won guitar up and here.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah ha, we yes, yes there it is we are off for races.
Speaker 1: Of course, the radio edit version based on the Black Eyed Peas Let's get it started in here, not the original problematic one.
Speaker 2: Just yeah, the original. I actually I've served them many a drink.
Speaker 1: Before the Black Eyed Peas.
Speaker 2: Yeah what yeah?
Speaker 1: Will I am? Will I am?
Speaker 2: I have served a drink to back in my club days. Oh my god, Like I was wild crazy. They came into the club I was working out and they were like, she's going to be a botender me okay, yeah, and then they had this little section in the club and I just had to bring them booze all night.
Speaker 1: Did they get it started in there?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: They were wild. A lot of other No, Fergie wasn't there. It was just the O G Crew, which is cool because like Fergie whatever, But yeah, it was just OG crew. Will I am that other guy? We but we all bonded because two of them were half Asian and that's how we bonded. O Ye, that was a little Lizzie trivia.
Speaker 1: We're back. It's going to be back. Obviously. There's so many tournaments happening at all times, and we cover them all. You know. We've been traveling doing comedy around the country. I was in Sydney last week.
Speaker 2: How was that?
Speaker 1: It was good? But to take it back to tennis, I played a tennis match and a paddle or padel match. Oh, you did a bit of pedal on the same day.
Speaker 2: Whoa? And how did your brain handle that?
Speaker 1: My brain was fine, but my weird little legs were not. Oh, I was sore.
Speaker 2: So which is hotter on the legs? I would assume paddle.
Speaker 1: I think it was well, it was paddle because I played that second. But the match I played first in tennis was a guy who's never taken a set off me, and he's been taking lessons and he kept hitting me up. He's like, when are you going to be in Sydney? You gotta let me know. And he had gotten better, but I was still up six three six three five zero when he decided to start cheatingeating.
Speaker 2: A cheating skin.
Speaker 1: At that point, I was like, what are you doing? Man? This is like the match is over. I hit a match point because we said we'll do best of five and he it was clearly in and then he hits it into the net and so I win the match. And then once his shot went into the net, he goes, oh, your ball was out?
Speaker 2: What to late?
Speaker 1: My friend, That's what I said. I was like, you can't do that retrospective out.
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: The delayed out call is ridiculous, you know, Yeah, that's ridiculous. And then it got in my head and he won two games, so I still, you know, close out the one six two. But I was fuming at the audacity. Did I thought?
Speaker 4: Anyway?
Speaker 2: Head rolls noticing some psychological patterns.
Speaker 1: It is mental warfare out there. But our producer E Roll has implied that I am a mental little person.
Speaker 2: Like your legs.
Speaker 1: They're actually long and quite nice. And if I was a lady, I.
Speaker 2: Know, I'm jealous of them. I got these short little stumpies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, so we will get the Oh well, let's get to our segment, checking in with the Ace Ace. How was your weekend? Shut up, asshole, No one cares. We love you, dude. We'll talk about it after. We didn't decide what the listeners should be called the pod Labor Arena. We said either laveror renoss. To our many labor renos out there, make sure you write into us at Podlabor dot Tennis at Tennis dot edu dot com dot au send us a text. Yeah, all the labor renos out there, make sure you write into us at pod labor at tennis dot com dot au. The emails are becoming yes, sick and fast, so yeah, thank you for listening. The weekly apps are going off.
Speaker 2: But yeah, dread the word. But tell your friends can subscribed.
Speaker 1: Please, Lizzie any tennis adjacent stories are going on in your life? Umm, that was checking in with Lizzie. It's the opposite of checking in with Ace, where I actually want to hear something but she has nothing.
Speaker 2: Stories just roping my mind. Yeah, Tennis Jason.
Speaker 1: Ace was all over that one. Good job, Ace. We love you, we respect you, We want to hear what you have.
Speaker 4: To say.
Speaker 2: Mid conversation. I'm done with this.
Speaker 1: Well, here's another one. That the pronunciation we might be getting wrong. If I say qatar. Do you think that's incorrect?
Speaker 2: Qatar? That's what I said, Yeah, Kata.
Speaker 1: Yeah, produced you put a real worldly inflection on that Qatar. How do you say it? Shut up, asshole, Nobody cares what you say. I'm just a you would actually probably know. How do you say it?
Speaker 4: What? No?
Speaker 2: Q what gettar?
Speaker 1: Gutar? Are you you're messing with us.
Speaker 2: Now really he's getting in a head.
Speaker 1: Ah right, Well, the did you watch any of Gatar Gatar guitar. A lot of the players got thirsty and had Gatar raise guitar to the chop ar.
Speaker 2: It was well, it was I love the footage coming out of guitar.
Speaker 1: It was an awesome tournament.
Speaker 2: I mean watching all these other tournaments besides the Australian, you know, I'm seeing the promotion that they do for them, and I'm thinking, we gotta go harder next year.
Speaker 1: Because you saw the fishing expedition.
Speaker 2: I saw them fishing millionaires going on a humble fishing trip, pretending to be the old days, and they're out there just cous playing fishermen. Were they like pajama bottoms song Alcoraz.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they were all wearing little matching out fits.
Speaker 2: Were having the best time. Yeah, just fishing, having a fun time.
Speaker 1: So you're saying next year for the AO, we should be doing deep sea fishing.
Speaker 2: No, I'm piggan. We're going pigan.
Speaker 1: We're gonna get we be pigging, pigging.
Speaker 2: We're gonna go out in the outback.
Speaker 1: Do you shoot pigs? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, We're gonna take a real Australian stole.
Speaker 1: All right, so you heard it here first, we be pigging next year.
Speaker 2: It's quite gruesome, though, is it?
Speaker 1: Have you done it?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: But I've always wanted to. Okay, yeah, don't keep anyone's out there in the regions that wants to take a small Asian woman. She is up for it.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna keep calling a qatar. A lot of the matches in the lead up were amazing and one of my favorites early on in the tournament Medvedev losing to sits a pass. Not a great match by any means, but are you aware of the history between these two not Really do yourself a favor and watch highlights of Medvedev sits a pass.
Speaker 2: I can see how would be Yeah.
Speaker 1: Because sits a pass, you know, he really rubs Medvedev the wrong way. And like two of my favorite quotes from Medvedev about sits a pass to his face or to a chair umpire where sits a bask can clearly hear what he's saying. He said he called him a small kid that doesn't know how to fight, you know, and he's like, how you say small kid doesn't know how to fight and so sits a Pass is just like taking it all in. And then from years ago, I believe it was in Miami, Uh, sits a Pass was taking his time like long delays, long bathroom breaks, Medvedev slowly losing his mind, and then he confronted him about it at the net at the end of the match, and sits Apasz just told him, you know, you better stop talking whatever, and then Mevedev said, man, you better shut your fuck up. To this day, I would just I just would love to tell someone to shut their fuck up.
Speaker 2: He's so good to me.
Speaker 1: One of the best matches out of guitar was Karen Kashanov versus al Karaz. Kashanov absolutely redlining his game you want to set, which you know, Carlos has just been stop all year and this watched the highlights from that. If you didn't get to see the match, it was hard because with the time difference in Australia and with the Olympics on YEA doing a lot of bub slid and then the Alcoraz like route to the final. He was just handily beating most players. The Karen Kashanov match was super solid, but every player took an opportunity at the net at the end of the match to because they love him. Everyone loves Carlos. He's real, he's a lovable guy, real protagonist energy, you know, he's just a joker, always smiling, star of the show.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: So when he beat Arthur rinder Kinnek, the frenchman at the net said one time, you'll let me win. Yeah, Carlos was like, yeah, sure.
Speaker 2: Whatever, Okay, buddy, did you see what I just did that?
Speaker 1: And another player said I'll come for you and Yennick don't worry someday. And then it's like Algoraz of course, laughing his face, He's like, oh yeah, yeah, but surely they kind of their competitive streak, they they mean it a little bit, O mean yeah yeah yeah. And then Karen, it's always weird saying Karen that this huge honky Russian guy's first name is Karen.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: To the manager, he said, you never get tired, You never do one time get tired, please.
Speaker 2: Just one time, like desperate little please exactly.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So but and okay, I'll ask you this is sinner. He lost to our good friend of the show, yaka Mensik. Yeah, another great match. He beat Sinner huge, massive, and we had him in here during the Australian Open.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to remember his interview.
Speaker 1: It was right after he kind of flew in late because he just played.
Speaker 2: The all right New Zealand. Yes he won.
Speaker 1: He had just won against Sebastian Baiez, so he.
Speaker 2: Had a couple of days.
Speaker 1: He had a couple of days, so it was great. He was great. I mean, beating Sinner, especially on hard court, is no small feet. Yeah, because Sinner had won twenty two of the last twenty three matches that he played, and that one that he lost was against Djokovic at the Australian Open. And then Mensik doing this is huge. But it's also like kind of just reminds you how dominant Sinner's been because what it's so good, what it's such a huge deal that he's lost a match. Uh, And then Mensik went on to lose in his next match, So yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: Do you think he was just like I'll take this win and I think yeah, or maybe he was tired, Maybe it really to get out of him.
Speaker 1: I think that happens, especially if you beat a top ten player and a guy that's been that dominant like, you just you've peaked a little bit and then yeah, your energy sapped or whatever. You just like just can't maintain that level, and so he went out in the next match. But is it now annoying if Sinner or Alcoraz gets knocked out of a tournament early because you just want to see those two guys in the final.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's annoying.
Speaker 1: No, you can't.
Speaker 2: You want to see other people win, Yeah, because then the competition is greater overall.
Speaker 1: I think maybe storylines had Mensa gone on to play the final, but when Sinner goes out, well then you're like, oh, who's it going to be in the final? It turned out to be Arthur Fez.
Speaker 2: Who beaten in fifty minutes.
Speaker 1: That's outrageous. Yeah, we do comedy shows for longer.
Speaker 2: I know, I know, Yeah, fifty minutes would be so it's so quick.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Other news from the tournament in Kattar Alcoraz showing some rare emotion outside of just being happy and having a good time. Okay, I think we got a point. He got real upset getting a time violation. Oh Spanish, yeah, yeah, this is his hero's fault.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because he was he was close to the line. Nadal was always close, very close to the line.
Speaker 1: Nadal's pre serve routine was one of the most elaborate, elaborate, frustrating things to watch outside of Jokovic bouncing the ball a million times. Nadal picking a wedgie is yeah, fringe, but he go knows post weggie pick?
Speaker 2: Yeah, true, it's the wrong order, that's the wrong order.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what are you doing?
Speaker 2: Reggie pick better anddies?
Speaker 1: Yeah? That's like what if you draw yourself when you get out of the shower. If you start low and then go high.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you gotta start with the face.
Speaker 1: You start high, go low, start I go low.
Speaker 2: Good hygiene people coming for tennis today, but you're getting hygiene and pop culture.
Speaker 1: Anyways, Alcaz pissed off with time violation. I just really think he was kind of getting frustrated in the match, and then he just wanted something to complain about, to blow off some steam.
Speaker 2: Yeah, probably he wanted a bit of excitement. Maybe yeah, winning too easily.
Speaker 1: But it's the clock I think is is really you know, you got to look at it.
Speaker 2: It looks surprised.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what me? So that was Qatar. I don't believe a lot of the big guys are playing in Dubai. I think a lot of them are going to the States for the swing over there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, so everyone missus Dubai, like the women.
Speaker 1: The women just played Dubai and they pulled out and drove. This was crazy, right, Yeah, Like obviously it's happening there.
Speaker 2: Don't they treat you very well over there? But like they boiled, like so many pulled out in even like mid tournament. Yeah, yeah, I'm not feeling it.
Speaker 1: I think it's already if you think about the tennis season, so kicking all the smaller tournaments and then leading into the Australian Open, and then they're over there, there's a tournament immediately if you want to play the two fifties and the five hundreds, and I think Dubai, it's the Middle East. It's crazy hot. Yeah there, it's a lot of it's played during the day, and then they're just already kind of tapping out and they're like, well, I could totally apply myself here, save it for Indian wells Miami.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: So I think that you're already starting to see the fatigue setting in by Dubai. And it was like I mean sixteen withdrawls, so it didn't even play in the tournament. And that was Big Gun, Sable, Anca, Schavan, tek Osaka, et cetera. Three walkovers, So that's retiring before their match even start. Katchikova our front of the show, Kazakina uh for retirement so mid match, Podosa being probably the the and Rebecca being the big ones there. So yeah, I think it's just a thing where it's they're just sapped already at this point. And you might see it in the men's playing Dubai this.
Speaker 2: Week because they want to be prepping.
Speaker 1: For because they know they might see me over there.
Speaker 2: We might We've got to be in top form from Mike g from Pod labor Arena.
Speaker 1: So, Dubai, did you get to see much of this? Were you watching the Twizzles on that?
Speaker 2: I was watching the Twizzles?
Speaker 1: Okay again, you're a big twizzlehead.
Speaker 2: I know that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love the Twizzle You know what, I can't see the cross country skiing stuff like that. I'm sure have you tried it?
Speaker 2: I tried it. I tried it. It's basically just doing lunges.
Speaker 1: The whole time, right, So they they have quads.
Speaker 2: Oh that quads. The leg strength on these guys have been sayings country.
Speaker 1: Skiing, it's a very quad based.
Speaker 2: Olympics is small quad based.
Speaker 1: Yeah, small, but well there's one guy called the quad God, the quad God. Yeah, that's his nickname. There's another guy called Quadzilla.
Speaker 4: This is true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in the Olympics. What sports today?
Speaker 1: Quad God is figure skating? Quadzilla? I want to say speed skating.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel it.
Speaker 1: What would your nickname be?
Speaker 2: Uh Kuwadimoto?
Speaker 1: That checks out. So in Dubai, which was eventually won by Jess Pagoula and straight set the show show, Jpeg won that tournament. She beats f Yeah.
Speaker 2: I love Svidina too.
Speaker 1: Another front of the show.
Speaker 2: Another front of the show. I really want to see Vidolina like win a real big slam, a slam.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think he maybe Wimbledon.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, okay, I want to put money on that.
Speaker 2: No, but I want to put it in my prediction okay, yeah, which I'm going to release in the coming weeks.
Speaker 1: Wow, So Cliffhanger Lizzy's predictions.
Speaker 2: Wait for it. She just looks good.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: I think she was cooked by the final because she played that epic against Cocoa Golf which like I want to say, the middle tie break was like fifteen thirteen, yeah, and so what over three hours? And yeah, and Pagola is consistent and just yeah, she's strong, been in so many semifinals, like just in the past year and then has one another tournament last year and then this one is a big one. So Jess Jpeg as we call her, she beats Fidalina, but you heard it from Lizzie Spidealina is going to win Wimbledon, so she'll be back and strong for that. One thing that came out of Dubai that I found interesting was Alexandra Iola of the Philippines.
Speaker 2: Oh, such a sensation.
Speaker 1: The Taylor's Swift of tennis. Yeah, huge, packing out stadiums all around the world. And tournament directors are what do they do well? They're on top? They know this, Yeah, I guess which I feel like the Australian Open was maybe caught off guard a little bit. But what she loses. She was beat by Cocoa Golf and then Coco is apologizing to her legions of fans, going I'm sorry, you know, and she Coco killed her like six oh six two. But Yolla is now going to get wild cards for life, Oh.
Speaker 2: For sure, appearance fees, wild gods she's in Is that fair? Wow? She's bringing the people. Yeah, and it's bringing like a whole new audience to tennis as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think it's cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, get the wild card. You don't want sport to be merit based.
Speaker 2: I want it to be all about socials. Howe many followers you have that that dictates your ranking? Yeah, it is a little bit sad like that one.
Speaker 1: But I mean it's it is. It's a business. And if you're getting people through the door and she's packing out stadiums and stuff, and Coco said, when they're chanting for Yalla, she just pretended like they're chanting for her.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's got to be annoying.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, as if you're a player and there's like ninety percent of the people there to watch the other person.
Speaker 1: Yeah, far out. There was also a hardcore tournament in Florida, Delray Beach.
Speaker 2: Delray Beach sounds fun.
Speaker 1: It is fun. I've been there, have you. It's real just surfy, cruising, laid back. You know, it's Florida.
Speaker 2: So this is Kelly Slay to country.
Speaker 1: Well, California is more Kelly slid but at all Florida is he. I could be wrong, Yeah, I don't know, but I do know that it was the battle of the fellow American.
Speaker 3: Yes, oh.
Speaker 4: People, he's crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're good.
Speaker 1: So Delray Beach was won by Sebastian Corda and straight sets. That just happened, and it was like the wind was wreaking havoc and I think Corda handled it a little better. And yeah, they're good friends. But uh yeah, Sebastian Corda is good to see him back and form. He's got a crazy background of the pedigree on him, elite athletes. Oh my god, yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: Crazy.
Speaker 1: It reminds me of the Goldstein.
Speaker 2: I was like, I wish I came from like a real sporting pedigree, and I had no choice but to do sports, continue the legacy.
Speaker 1: You kind of do your sporting. Your brother's teaching.
Speaker 2: Paddles, teaching paddles, some slum.
Speaker 1: And Delray Beach the match before Sebastian Corda obviously won before the final. And I don't know if you saw this postmatch interview, but the interviewer stumbled on her words, you've.
Speaker 2: Played Flavio three times and you've had success with him all three times.
Speaker 1: Why is it that you have had such success zebby being the legend he is. He said, well, he's a very good looking man. Great, I know what an answer. It made me like him all that much more.
Speaker 2: I like him.
Speaker 1: He rules. But who she was talking to him about. Flavio Koboli debuted his new tattoo. Look at that, he's got fresh tattoo and fresh win of the year. Ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 2: Let's give it up for Flavio Capol.
Speaker 1: You don't like it, it's awful.
Speaker 2: Well, it's a picture of the Hulk.
Speaker 1: The incredible hole on five.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, because he took his shirt off like the Hulk. Was it in the Davis Cup?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he ripped his shirt off in the Davis Cup.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And everyone was like telling him, look like the Hulk. And then he's like, I've got to get this whole tattooed on my thigh.
Speaker 1: This is what you need people around you saying no to things I reckon.
Speaker 2: That's why it took a long time, because people were like, are you sure about this? And after a year or whatever, he's like, yeah, I still.
Speaker 1: Want the Hulk on my thought. I mean, I think it's people going, yeah, cool idea of Flavio. You should totally do that.
Speaker 2: It looks like he kind of skin grafted it from a dad at comic.
Speaker 1: Yes, incredible, hull. I mean, I think we might have the same reaction when we saw this on three one two three nerves. I mean, don't go Marvel, get a DC one. Oh, I've got bat nerd I got Batman on my lower back.
Speaker 2: Waiting for your Robin.
Speaker 1: The other tournament see the clay court stuff. I'm not totally across. So what happened your dictionary?
Speaker 2: It's crazy ATP five hundred event, Etchivery in his semi final defeated Kapriva. Am I saying that right, Capriva. And it was rain affected. So they played started on the Saturday, came back on the Sunday. Finished. It went for three hours, I know, and then he had to play the final the same day in the afternoon. He had to so he and that he played Alejandro Tabillo later that day in another three hour.
Speaker 1: Cake an actuary came out on top. Yeah, what a machine.
Speaker 2: Isn't that crazy? Hours of Dennis in the day And that was his first a t P title for him.
Speaker 1: Hell, yes, how good is that?
Speaker 2: And then our friend Diego was there presenting the award. People is gracey, Yeah, and you had to kind of like jump up to give it.
Speaker 1: You would have cute little guy, little platter, craziest.
Speaker 2: It was like, what the hell?
Speaker 1: Okay, that's all the tournaments wrapped up? Should we get to everyone's fame? Segment?
Speaker 2: My favorite segment.
Speaker 1: This is mix anagrams? Mix anagrams? Did did it? Mixanagrams?
Speaker 3: Did di?
Speaker 4: Did it?
Speaker 1: Did this anagram? I'm telling you it's gonna blow the right out of here. It's gonna go another one. It's gonna blow your minds out of your asses. This is Sebastian Korda, just one as discussed Delray Beach in Florida, and we said Florida very cruizy, surfy, laid back right. Yes, so as he got the W. I've added W to Sebastian Korida.
Speaker 4: And then this is a.
Speaker 1: I mean, this tells you what his prize would have been. Because you mix up the letters in W Sebastian Korda, you get wins the skateboard. Yes, that is grect.
Speaker 3: A.
Speaker 2: Thank you to do just out of curiosity that one as.
Speaker 1: Soon as I had skate board, I was so excited. I can't tell you what a.
Speaker 2: Day taking his step, real kick in his flip, Yeah, thank you, real kicking my flip.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So we are going to get into our interview with the Yakub Mensik, who is in here during the tournament. It's uh, it's a bit dated because we'll be talking about him just winning the Auckland.
Speaker 2: Fifty stick around because he's a fun guy.
Speaker 1: Awesome, dude. Oh, we be picking, we be picking, we be pigging.
Speaker 2: Top tup check check one two.
Speaker 1: Mike, Mike check, Mike g check, Lizzie check yock up check.
Speaker 4: There we go.
Speaker 2: Yeah. What a nice deep voice.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's a radio voice. Yeah yeah, can you say something?
Speaker 2: Uh, welcome to pud labor Arena.
Speaker 4: Welcome to labor Arena.
Speaker 1: Yeah, god damn. Do you want my job?
Speaker 4: Actually, I'm good with mine.
Speaker 2: Professional tennis player or arena host. What are you gonna pick?
Speaker 1: Well, you know I'm out there training every day as.
Speaker 4: Well, dude, against you.
Speaker 1: Today on the pod we have Yaka men sick. Yeah, there you go, no one else, will you, dude, Champion of Auckland sounds great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you've been having a couple of hours ago.
Speaker 1: So are you are you hung over? What's happening?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: No, I'm fine. I get like some not that much sleep. I just arrived today in the morning, like one am, so get just a few hours of the sleep. But yeah, new place, new new town, new tournaments, so you start for me. So I'm pretty excited, right.
Speaker 1: So there was no celebrating after winning the Auckland tournament yesterday.
Speaker 4: Actually I did not. I didn't know.
Speaker 2: I will do something.
Speaker 4: I pop up the champagne on the court, okay, drink it. No, I tried to, but I tried to, but you know, all the bubbles game came into me something.
Speaker 1: It's warm and flat, So no time.
Speaker 4: For celebration that much. But yeah, I'm saying. And I finished the finals and in two and a half days I supposed to play already first round of the I was trying to open, so I need to better be ready for.
Speaker 1: Do you check the draw? Do you see your plan or do you just want it to be a surprise.
Speaker 4: No, I mean I checked it obviously, and if I didn't want to, somehow it will get to me. So so yeah, I know my first round upon and of course what is coming next. I don't know, just focusing, just focusing on the on the match that I have.
Speaker 1: For intimidation, just wear a shirt that says Auckland.
Speaker 4: I can I can show them. I can show them.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Have you been doing tons of media today or just chill so far?
Speaker 4: Actually I did tops signatures.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 4: Also I've been I've been doing some media, some interviews and photo shootings and all this stuff before the tournament. So actually everything's supposed to be done in one week, but I have it in two hours.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: I get it all done.
Speaker 4: Absolutely. That's probably much more easier than be here for like one one week in the advance. Yeah, of course it has some some pros and cones, but yeah, I like it.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 1: Are you comfortable on the photo shoots? Like do you have a like a blue steel zooland.
Speaker 2: Do you have a special pose that you do because tennis players they're always in magazines and everything they can model.
Speaker 4: I did a couple of shootings. Yeah, yeah, I mean, of course I would say that I'm improving.
Speaker 2: Oh that's good because that Do you find that really awkward or are you comfortable now?
Speaker 4: Actually at the beginning, of course, it depends on the shooting. It depends on the shooting. But for now, I mean I feel pretty comfortable.
Speaker 1: Okay, Lizzie show yaka of the face you do when you're doing a photo shoot.
Speaker 2: They told me to put my chin like over the fence. It's like this.
Speaker 4: Right there we go, there we go.
Speaker 2: You shoot once in it like Lizzie, chin over the fence.
Speaker 1: Really, I would be like, please put your chin back over the fence.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: So, like We've had a lot of players through and I feel like the best thing to do is just show you the questions we had lined up and then you could just pick one and answer it.
Speaker 2: Because I'm professional.
Speaker 1: That's how professional we are. Choose one and just go for it.
Speaker 4: Actually, the first that for the first time that I take a look, I saw the best accent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, can you do it?
Speaker 2: Do you want to press the button?
Speaker 1: And then if you can repeat what the button says?
Speaker 4: I say, I didn't hear that. It was so quick.
Speaker 2: That's a weird one though that nobody knows about it.
Speaker 4: Fair Australian gibbs some slanks like like Barbie, oh, barb, there you go, there you go.
Speaker 1: Do Australians actually say Barbie though, yeah, we say, Bobby, you put.
Speaker 2: It on the Bobby.
Speaker 1: Yea prawns instead of shrimp.
Speaker 2: And the other one is the other big quote is that's not a knife From the movie.
Speaker 1: Have you seen Crocodile Dundee.
Speaker 4: Of course, it's an amazing movie. I've been growing up on this movie.
Speaker 1: Really, they should do a new Crocodile Dundee with Paul Hogan. Now, yeah, you know, incontinent.
Speaker 2: And he's a campground screaming at.
Speaker 1: So what we've been doing into a round off the pod labor Arena podcasts with the players is we have the little ping pong table going over there and uh, you know the AO just did the one point slam.
Speaker 4: Oh no, I know where he's just going.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know who do you want to play me or Mike?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you choose.
Speaker 4: He has a sweat. I'm kind of afraid of him.
Speaker 1: You heard it here first, the Auckland champion is afraid of Mike. Gee, you're gonna take on Lizzy. You guys do rock paper scissors to decide who serves? Do you do it on three or on four?
Speaker 4: Do you know one two three or one two? Shoot? Shoot?
Speaker 1: All right? Go ahead, one.
Speaker 4: All right, No, I've had some lnal and stomach issues.
Speaker 1: All right, welcome back to the one point slam. Yakam Mensiic the Auckland champion versus our very Unlizzy who who elected to serve? Yaup. Yakam is, oh you'receiving Yakub. That confusing when I said, who elected to serve? All right, Yakam, take it away. Quite the rally on my hands. It hits the ball back. No one wants to hit a forehead. Yakam. Mensik takes the points. He's laughing. Yeah, that was not that bad.
Speaker 2: Tennis keeps moving