Speaker 1: Come on, I've got something food stuck in my braces.
Speaker 2: You got food stuck in your braces?
Speaker 1: Well it's not braces, but you know how we're on the missile line.
Speaker 2: The thing at the back.
Speaker 1: When you're having visil line you get the wire across the back of your teeth and I've got that now and it's so gross. Sorry anyone who knows, but food producer Grace is nodding. You get like, it's not like it gets. It's not like I have a piece of bccoli hanging out in my mouth, but like little bits getting there. It's really no.
Speaker 2: I mean two things. One, Britt, you knew when we were going on air, So that's one a week. But I think that that's the least if your worries that the bigger of your concerns is that you came to work today with your food in a literal dog bag, a dog bag that you would use to pick up poo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dog poop bag.
Speaker 2: I don't that's not I don't think that they're meant to be versatile plastic bags. I think that they're purpose built.
Speaker 1: Well, it wasn't a used one. I ran out of older. Yes, I had some tie in.
Speaker 2: A doggy bag.
Speaker 3: It's got little paw prints on it. It's what you get the hot dollar two dollar store that picked up dog poops for two dollars.
Speaker 1: I didn't have anything to put my tie in. I don't it's clean, So it's just a plastic bag.
Speaker 2: Not true, very true. It is a plastic bag. But there's a real visual of you just walking into the office carrying a pooh bag full of taie food.
Speaker 4: You had a.
Speaker 3: Repretation the host of the show like you're going to bring us down with you. You need to really think about that.
Speaker 1: Maybe you guys just need to get on a more humble level. Put your food in dog pooper do that?
Speaker 2: No, I'm good, I'm good. All right, we're coming up in today's show. We have a big one for you. But on Thursdays we always do ask on cart where we answer your biggest questions. And now today we have somebody who has a real predicament around a new relationship and how they're going to go about introducing them to their parents.
Speaker 3: All right, we'll get to that on the show today. Plastic don't forget Taylor Swift is happening in Singapore. What we have for you is a chance at a full row of tickets to Eras in Singapore. We'll even pay for your airfares and your accommodation and a thousand bucks spending money.
Speaker 2: So the only thing better than seeing Taylor Swift in Australia is seeing her in Singapore.
Speaker 3: Oh, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'd like to have dinner with her, but yes, it's the next best thing.
Speaker 3: No, you wouldn't because you'd rock up with a Pooh bag and go, hey, Tatae, you want some of my nazy goring from last nights.
Speaker 5: In a bag?
Speaker 1: Dan. You guys are saying this like I should be offended, but I'm not.
Speaker 3: No shame, I'm Brittany Huntly. Welcome to the pickup. Everyone Ask uncata.
Speaker 2: So ask uncut is something we do every single Thursday where we answer your questions, your biggest life dilemmas. And we have Sophie on the phone today. She has a problem with introducing her new partner to her mum.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's a tricky We've all been through that, haven't we. That's tricky.
Speaker 1: So if what's talk us through it?
Speaker 3: What's the problem myself?
Speaker 4: So normally I feel like it would be fine, but my mom is a little bit unhinged or a lot unhinged, And it's a lot to deal with, even a her child, but alone introducing someone new. And I'm just I'm kind of embarrassed.
Speaker 2: Okay, So are you more worried about how your partner, your new boyfriend's going to react to this, or are you worried about the way your mum's going to behave and like whether she's going to say something that's going to embarrass you. What's your biggest concern?
Speaker 4: Honestly both of them, but like probably more so what she's going to say, like unpredictable lady.
Speaker 1: I think you look unless you know you've locked him down and he ain't going nowhere, you don't have to introduce him yet, Like maybe just work your way into him. Make sure you guys are really sturdy and stable so that your mom can't rock the boat enough. But at the end of the day, I mean, all our parents are a little bit crazy.
Speaker 2: We don't know they could live she could live at home, Like, there's definitely more factors to this. How long have you guys been dating for We've been.
Speaker 4: Dating about three months already.
Speaker 3: Wait, would you live at home?
Speaker 4: I don't live at home thankfully.
Speaker 3: Okay, how close you with your mum?
Speaker 4: Not super close? But if I was to not introduce her as it's getting to the three months mark, she's she will ye not be happy about it. It'll make matters worse.
Speaker 2: I think push this out for a bit longer three months. Three months is early days still for relationship. If you think your mom's going to be absolutely batshit insane, I think you just push it out. Maybe wait till like the six month mark, and then that's when you bring him home. But I think maybe let your mom think it's a bit more casual than what it's.
Speaker 1: Telly you broke up, and then when you're ready to introduce them saying oh we got back to get.
Speaker 5: A great idea.
Speaker 3: I think on the flip side, don't you want to be with someone who doesn't care what your parents are?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 3: Like, I don't want my partners to be if the person I was dating was embarrassed with my parents, I'd done them. Mom spot.
Speaker 4: I mean there is that, but to be fair, I'm embarrassed by her, so don't for me, I'd.
Speaker 2: Understand What does she do?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: I feel like I need context, like like what level of crazy we talk?
Speaker 4: Oh, she just lives in another world.
Speaker 1: I feel like, I know, Like you know, it's like when someone's there's nothing you can't pinpoint it, you can't say there's one thing you're like, it's hard to explain. It's a whole, it's a whole.
Speaker 2: But when you say like that, though, brit I do agree with you, Mitch. You want to be with someone who's not going to judge you from the way that your parents are. I mean, like you, you're not your parents. You can't control the things that they do and say, and I mean you kind of love them regardless because of all the other great things that they've done for you and who you are in life.
Speaker 1: Like you, guys are taking this so seriously, just don't introduce him for another three months.
Speaker 2: I think it's okay, and change my mind.
Speaker 1: No, guy, you're making it sound like I'm embarrassed by my parents. I mean, well, let's be honest, I love my parents. But I just don't think I think that you can just say to your mom honestly, like, hey mom, we're not that serious yet. So the second we are, you're gonna be the first to know, and I'll introduce you then. But until we've worked it out between ourselves, like we're just going to cruise in private.
Speaker 2: But once you eventually do introduce him, and if he does react badly to your mum or don't be anyway, if that is supposed to be an indication of, like, you know, how he relates to you, I think he's not worth it.
Speaker 3: No I or call us back and we'll dump him life on the air. That'd be great. I love to do that.
Speaker 1: Three month's time, we're like, we got Sophie back here with anyone like Mitch and Laura. Have you been anyone that like you were embarrassed or they were embarrassed to me at yours or like, has this happened to you.
Speaker 2: I've definitely dated men who have had some fruity parents, like some very interesting characters of parents, But never ever ever have I judged them because parents no just just just I don't want to go into fruity parents, pruty just just a bit different in terms of like how they saw the world. But never ever ever did I judge the guy I was dating off the way their parents were.
Speaker 3: My ex has made some comments about my parents towards you end that I like gutted me so that's probably why I'm amazing. My parents are amazing, and that's the point. I just I think so for you need to maybe wait a little longer. But if they can't love your parents, then I think it's a red flat and they don't deserve to love you.
Speaker 2: That's right, so.
Speaker 4: Wholesome. Thanks guys.
Speaker 3: If your mummy is insane, then never introduced.
Speaker 2: You know, like this really really conflicting information about time, And if you want any sort of information like that, really conflicting, confusing advice, you can always join us. And I think you can send in your question at the pickup dot com.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because he definitely can. Yeah, because he definitely can.
Speaker 1: Lay.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure that's it all. Slide into the dms on Instagram. There's a few ways either.
Speaker 3: Hey.
Speaker 1: Next on the show, Railia is absolute sweetheart, the one, the only Delta Godriam. She's got a brand new song out. She's been filming Netflix show. She's over in London at the moment. She's absolutely killing it and I've got some despised questions.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Olivia Newton John vibes actually like one of a kind voice Delta, doesn't she She'll be on the show live with us next on the pickup Plasters Taylor Swift tickets in minutes. It's not often we get an Australian icon on the show here every day.
Speaker 2: What are you talking about?
Speaker 3: Hilarious?
Speaker 2: Hilarious because you're going to take your own joke. I could see exactly what you were doing there.
Speaker 3: Did you notice that I tried to make it about myself too, like except I sit here too? Who wanted to do the icon? This is an icon bigger than the three of us.
Speaker 2: It's one.
Speaker 3: This is a real one, you know. Innocent Eyes a top the ARIA charts, maybe one of her nine number one singles. Her new song by the Way hearts on the Runna so good Delta, goodroom life from London is here Delta.
Speaker 2: Welcome, Welcome to the pickup Delta. This do we just have a single at the moment? When is the album coming?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: No, always working on new music. But this song kind of represented what was happening in my life. We were sort of like an always on It was go go go last ye week jumped from tour to tour. I sort of wrote the song with that say that was like when you think you can't go any further, you just got to keep breaking your own boundaries, keep going forward. And this song kind of has that relentless energy about it.
Speaker 2: With this song as well, I mean you play alongside your partner, your few on say Matthew, how do I know? But also like how do you manage it? Like how do you manage the working together, the living together, the writing music together. It's a lot of together.
Speaker 6: It's all very easy, you know, I think when it's just sort of where you know, very just so proud of the work we do.
Speaker 2: And it's natural.
Speaker 6: You know, we both came from being creatives with music and it's that passion and so I think it all just intertwines with our world and and we create where we have love with us that we travel. So it's just a great group of people that we love doing and we love and whether it's you know, on tour or at the moment where in the UK for a month or we were in the state side for a month, and and it's just that's what that's what we want to life right just still with great people. You get to hang out all the time and and talk and have fun.
Speaker 3: It's I wish you could see the truth behind the scenes. We all find I don't know.
Speaker 2: I love my husband. I think it's remarkable because I love my husband to death. I don't think I could work with him every day. We probably would kill each other.
Speaker 1: My boyfriend I see once every four months. I'm going to kill you.
Speaker 3: The guy I'm Dandy's in university, so there's all no issues. Is studying very heavily, Shelter.
Speaker 1: You did make your Netflix debut in Love Is in the Air, not that long ago. I loved it.
Speaker 2: I watched it.
Speaker 1: I also auditioned for it. You got the role, but let's not talk about that, and I was like, damn it, I lost out, but I lost out to you.
Speaker 6: So oh well, there's there's always a role in any movie I'm doing for you, Brits. So just the next one we're doing, we'll check in together.
Speaker 2: Audition watch yourself. She'll come for you with that audition. Make you auditions.
Speaker 1: Were going to see you in more films on TV. Are you're going to make your way back into acting again?
Speaker 6: Music is always my my you know, my heart and soul, but but acting is also part of the craft that I deeply enjoy and and that was really fun getting to do the rom comment.
Speaker 2: I'm so grateful people watched it.
Speaker 6: It was fantastic.
Speaker 3: I loved it. I thought it was really good, you know, and we still love you, like from the Neighbours days. What I'm loving now is I was on TikTok the other day and this video came up. If you Delta, you in the BBC studios in London, and they obviously love neighbors over there, right, Delta was on the radio. I actually have the moment if you missed it, this is it live on on UK Radio with you. Delta made you sing the theme so so cute.
Speaker 1: And so good.
Speaker 2: He's so nice as perfect.
Speaker 1: Should be there for one.
Speaker 3: And then there was a petition, you know, make it the national anthem. Put this on the radio every day.
Speaker 1: The petition was Delta for President, Delta, Delta for Prime Minister.
Speaker 6: The next single of the new Your album, I really feel that it's, you know what, let's really full circle moment this.
Speaker 3: Well, the people love it. People love it.
Speaker 2: It's a true It's an Australian nostalgia piece.
Speaker 3: That's what that one is, honestly is well listen, Delta, we love you. Great to catch up with you. I hope Aul is good with you. And we're so excited. Hearts on the runners out now if you guys go stream it and then fingers crossed for an album. But thank you for coming back to the pickup.
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you so much for having me.
Speaker 1: I love you, Delta.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, everyone back after this. On the pickup stand by a.
Speaker 1: Little earlier in the week, I took you guys on a bit of a history lesson and which I found very interesting to you hated it, but it was about I think.
Speaker 2: It's thoroughly interesting.
Speaker 1: Oh it was about love. February twenty nine. The leap year is the fact that it's the only you know what. Just listen to what I said. Earlier in twelve eighty eight, Queen Margaret brought in a law that said, on the twenty ninth of February, women are allowed to propose to men because back in the day men will only ever allowed to propose. Now, if the woman proposed and the man said no, he had to give her like it was almost like a fine for say no, and he had to buy her like a new dress or give her a kiss, or like some sort of compensation.
Speaker 3: And can I just say, Laura text me after a while?
Speaker 2: True, I think it is so interesting.
Speaker 3: It was ridiculous. It was an interesting fact. But your storytelling like, we're not children at a pandemic.
Speaker 2: No, but the queen was apparently she was only five at the time.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's the craziest part. She's only five years old, which makes sense when she's like, oh, if he says no, get a kiss or address anyway, we want to make it. But we wanted to know if anyone out there had proposed, like women had proposed on a leap here, or have ever proposed in general, right, because you don't hear about it a lot, but we do have someone on the phone. We had Laura call up with a very lovely love story.
Speaker 3: Hi Laura, Hi lord, did this happen to you? Did you propose?
Speaker 5: I did propose. I proposed a couple of years ago to my fiancee. I'm about to marry him two weeks.
Speaker 1: What was the reason behind you proposing? And I say that because most of the time it's the band, But like it's not like you've been together fifteen years and you're like a house.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm waiting waiting. No, I'd actually been engaged a couple of times before, and to know Vale like it didn't work out, and I just sort of knew and decided that I was take that into my own hands.
Speaker 2: Okay, now I need to know when you were engaged before, did you also ask them or was this the first time that you asked someone like? Was this the first one that you were like, Okay, I'm doing this myself.
Speaker 5: One hundred percent?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's very nice.
Speaker 6: Yeah he was.
Speaker 5: And he's just the best guy in the world. So kind of a no brainer.
Speaker 1: I ask how you did it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I didn't really know how to do it, to be honest, Sorry, my baby. Taking a little bit of a moment, I laid down a rug and put a little platter together, got in his favorite bottle of scotch, some champagne, went to Michael Hill and bought a bought an engagement band. I didn't really know what to do, and I sort of just said it.
Speaker 3: He didn't, did Laura?
Speaker 5: I tried to just kind of laughing the whole time.
Speaker 3: Wait, what was his reaction, Laura? Is he like a traditional blokey bloke? Did he go I want to do it?
Speaker 5: He's such a bloke. He's such a bloke. But he didn't believe me at first, and then he started crying and I was trying, You're like this.
Speaker 1: This is the win that we wanted. You want tears. I proposal right and.
Speaker 5: He was not p at the wedding. Then don't don't don't bother.
Speaker 3: I mean, this is all very good information about heterosexual couples, but gay people have to do that. We don't have a choice.
Speaker 2: How do you pick though, Like, how when you're in a gay relationship do you decide who's going to do the proposal?
Speaker 3: Everyone always asked me, like, how do you do it? My dream is for just myself and my future partner to just do it at the same day. But Grace, our executive producer, is in a same sex relationship. Who proposed in your situation?
Speaker 1: I made it very clear to my partner Diana from the start that I don't propose. I get proposed to. Dina proposed to me, but then I proposed back a couple of weeks later, so.
Speaker 2: I wanted to make it nice and even yeah, well I got her a ring, so I wanted to make.
Speaker 1: Sure she got the moment to I am. I mean, I'm hopefully going to marry my partner Ben, who lives overseas, but there is no chance I'm proposing.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, coming up next, BRIT's proposing to a partner pick up.
Speaker 3: All right, let's go see tomorrow, see guys,