Speaker 1: Are we going.
Speaker 2: We are going.
Speaker 1: We are going going go into the tennis and go to.
Speaker 2: Get drunkky drink responsibly, drink responsibly.
Speaker 1: We are here, we're in wintry Melbourne, but we're having a great time watching all the lead up grass court tournaments. It's been a big week. Obviously, we'll get into the nitty gritty in a second. But I have a social.
Speaker 2: Beef producing just grown by the way.
Speaker 1: Because I always have some. Well, I had a social beef traveling back to Melbourne. Yes, okay, and I'll make I'll make it tennis adjacent. It's tennis adjacent.
Speaker 2: Tennis adjacent, fairly tennis related. I'm ready.
Speaker 1: I was on a short flight from Canberra to Melbourne, yep, one hour at most.
Speaker 2: The plane.
Speaker 1: Every one boards the plane. I'm sitting in the window seat. A man comes in and sits in the middle seat, and the plane takes off and there's no one sitting in the aisle seat. So I said, oh you can, you can move over, and he said, if.
Speaker 2: You go tell you that's fair. Yeah, totally. It's I'm surprised you have to even say something that's just a logical human thing to do is just move over.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean I wasn't that blood.
Speaker 2: I wasn't like scoop shoot like a cat, like he's shrewing away a cat.
Speaker 1: I said, oh you can, you can move across now? Is that bad? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, I mean maybe you should have done like, oh, there's a seat that lucky for years.
Speaker 1: Well, so he goes, no, I'm good.
Speaker 2: He was liked you.
Speaker 1: Well, are just as a kind of a graying middle aged man sitting next to another gray middle man. But then I nuts curly you fro He says, no, I'm good, and I was like, oh okay, and then he's kind of leaning across me to look out the window. He's like kind of like invading, not like totally over me, but he's just kind of like peering out and what are you looking at? We're leaving Canberra.
Speaker 2: There's nothing farmlandout Parliament has. Oh maybe you wanted to see God who cares?
Speaker 1: And then so me being me, I shut the window.
Speaker 2: Why why this guy genuinely wanted to see outside of you? Like today, my friend, we're in a shut.
Speaker 1: We're in a standoff here. And then I have the power and if he's not gonna scoot across, then I shut the window. Yeah, do you think that's insane?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 1: Well? I noticed that he as he was scrolling through his phone when we landed, that he had some tennis content.
Speaker 2: On his oh the algorithm on his algo.
Speaker 1: I could have maybe he was like a fan of the pod and he was just like trying to snuggle up to me. But they didn't have that vibe at all. And then now it was a tense one hour flight that is so yeah yeah yeah yeah. And then only on Australian flights that they make you raise the window before landing on takeoff and landing. Yeah, it's a bizarre rule. Yeah, Australian aviation rules are so dumb to me, like that one in particular, especially if the sun's blasting through. And then the them checking your phone when you walk onto the plane or your boarding pass. They just checked it at the gate. What do you think happened in between the gate and getting on the pluck name, Like, why am I showing you my phone again? And they don't do that anywhere else in the world. Really, it's only Australia where they think somehow someone got onto the air bridge and it's like.
Speaker 3: A shutgun.
Speaker 2: The seventeen year old had multiple firearms on him. He allegedly cut through the perimeter of Avalon Airport.
Speaker 1: If this passenger had a boarding pass, it could have ended very differently. Is that right?
Speaker 2: Maybe that's they didn't check his pass, Is that right?
Speaker 1: So, but if he had a boarding pass, he would have been Yeah.
Speaker 2: I kind of like it when they say, oh, welcome aboard, miss.
Speaker 1: Who oh yeah, if you get the if your boarding pass is like gold or platinum, and then you get the note come.
Speaker 2: Back, welcome back, welcome back.
Speaker 1: Welcome back, Sir Goldstein, your cherryo at away. It's your air chariot.
Speaker 2: Away, your window seat away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I've had it.
Speaker 2: Didn't move, He didn't move.
Speaker 1: But then my wife said me shutting the window was a sociopathic I think it's actually it's kind of rules.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it does, rules that you want to it just rules that you went ahead with it and then you enjoyed that fly.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it was an hour of just tense.
Speaker 2: But were you listening to anything? What were you listening to? I have put on Likest the machine.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly, but on speaker.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyways, I can't make that tennis adjacent.
Speaker 2: Show me perfect stay.
Speaker 1: One more thing before we get into the proper like results. You had Curios beating straight straight sets. Curios then withdrew from the tournament. Is his well, let's cover it right now. Is Curios has comeback? Are at a non starter?
Speaker 2: Well, it feels that way. In singles he wasn't given a wild cud no to Wimbledon, but he was given a doubles wild cud Interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he just lost to fellow Aussie Adam Walton in Mayorka and the grass tournament there, and his knee didn't look great. You think the Wimbledon decision not to give Carryos a wild card was because they saw him pulling out of previous tournaments and they're like, well he's not going to really.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's too much of a risk.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, And I think there's so many other guys to give wild cards too. I mean, Demitrov got one, Varenka, gail Montfees did not, and he like surprisingly, you know, everyone knows it's last year on tour, and so to give Kurrios.
Speaker 2: One would have felt that would have felt when yeah, we'll.
Speaker 1: Get into the other wildcards in a moment for Wimbledon, and obviously the draw will be out on Friday.
Speaker 2: That's going to be well, that's exciting. I know we have to do what do you call it?
Speaker 1: Brackets?
Speaker 2: Yes, Oh my gosh, see you later in the dementia wood sprinkling, little magic like what is the word anyway?
Speaker 1: The resert reserts.
Speaker 2: Results, Oh my god, I got strawberries on.
Speaker 1: The mind resert dessert.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: Francis Tfo wins Holliay, his first five hundred win of his career.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a big hitting game.
Speaker 1: He looks amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I never thought of him as a grass court specialist. I thought hardcourt was a surface. But beating Taylor Fritz four and four in pretty confident fashion, I think he's gonna go deep into Wimbledon.
Speaker 2: Ooh you're here first.
Speaker 1: Wow, Francis into the second week of Wimbledon. My predictions. But TFO's run was amazing. He beat Kabuli early on, and then the match of the tournament for me, him and Felix a ali Asim just an absolute, just baseline battle.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: That ended I think fourteen twelve in the third set tiber Yeah, so that was killer. And then I know he doesn't have a winning record against Taylor Fritz. So I think Fritz was the favorite going into the final in Halay. And then Fritz, of course, you know, lost four and four, but beat Zverev in the semi final. Yeah, and Zverev has a Taylor Fritz problem because he doesn't beat him. Guten dog, That's all I got. So don't get that excited Fritz. I mean he is showing some good grass court form, but uh yeah, not getting through Tiaffo, his fellow countryman in the final. Of course, the real American battle was happening on the White House lawn with the UFC events insane. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: How's the production value on none event?
Speaker 1: It's pretty good?
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I mean through the White House in some cases what was going on with the old country.
Speaker 1: This is like a different place. So Taylor Fritz runner up in Hallay, And like I said last week, I don't know how much you tried to watch of it, but the shadows and the roof in there makes a lot of the matches. Yeah, so I don't know if the organizers of Halley want to listen.
Speaker 2: Hall Hall, Hallay Hall.
Speaker 1: Didn't we argue about this last week?
Speaker 2: Yeah? We did, and he said, let's commit to Halley and then I've taken us back.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's good. And then the other men's tournament that was going on was the Queen's Club tournament where Francisco Cerundelo overcame Tommy Paul and three very loved this. Yeah, it was a good match.
Speaker 2: It was a good match. It was a beautiful story. His parents arrived. This was the bit I loved.
Speaker 1: His dad watching for the first time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he doesn't like flying. He's a fear of flying, and apparently he's been trying to get over it. And they were all like, yeah, we'll believe it when we see it, you know, And he did it. But they only arrived, like at the end of the game.
Speaker 1: Is that true?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I want to think my family, that is my mom. They just arrived for the last two games.
Speaker 2: My dad.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's the first moment that I see them because there arrive in the last two games from Argentina. I mean, it's the first time my dad takes a flight and the first time he can't watch me outside from Argentina.
Speaker 1: So there isn't it right. Yeah, So we overcame the fear of flying to get to the Queen's.
Speaker 2: Club and they only arrived at the airport like two thirty or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So if he lost the match, would they just quietly leave and not?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they just call him from the hotel. We did a try and we did try.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean the trying is what matters, right, Yeah, but then also a fear of flying. I guess he took some therapy to get over it and then make the tournament. Come see his sunplay. But also it's a good excuse if you don't want to do something right, Like my wife thinks I have a fear of shopping.
Speaker 2: Hello, sorry, I just can't do it. I can't do the shopping.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, today I feel gay.
Speaker 2: There's so much World Cup fever on. Yeah, I'm kind of loving it.
Speaker 1: It's great. Who's going to win?
Speaker 2: I don't want it to be well who is? Say? Is looking actually pretty good? They're looking really really fun and at home the crowd is crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then so loud. I know we're diverting. But the Australia USA match, Yeah, obviously I'm basically half Australian half American at this point, but when Australia scored that own goal, I was like, I'm American, but.
Speaker 2: Like when it when it's down to games like that, don't you aren't you just American? You've got to go for your origin. You got to go for your country of origin for sure, right, totally. Yeah, in America is great again. We love America, America beautiful.
Speaker 1: I believe that we don't excel at the.
Speaker 2: Chance either, do it, Ausies? But I have heard some pretty good ones at the World Cup.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they had a very good one. The Aussie boys are on a bender. Donald Trump is a sex offender. Pretty good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean it's no, we believe, we believe.
Speaker 4: Us.
Speaker 1: That's the way we like it.
Speaker 2: We like it.
Speaker 1: We so Cerrendilo beating Tommy Paul and it looked really after the first set, and Tommy Paul up a break in this second that he was gonna run away with it. But Sarrendalo's forehand does a lot of damage and Tommy Paul can play erratically when put under pressure, and that's pretty much what happened in this match. But it was an awesome final to end the week on and surrenderal.
Speaker 3: Getting to take a plane and come here. It's the father Day, you know, Gendina, so.
Speaker 2: Be there for you.
Speaker 1: So tell me Paul looking good. I mean, I think there's gonna be a lot of Americans in the second week of Wimbledon at this.
Speaker 2: Rate, because it's a good time.
Speaker 1: I know, because obviously on clay we don't really show up. But I think Tfo, Temmy, Paul, Ben Shelton playing right, obviously Taylor Fritz. So it's gonna be, yeah, a good, good tournament, I believe for us. And this story with Sarrendalo, yeah, I do. I have experienced pain before. I don't know if you saw the footage of him getting hit in the.
Speaker 4: Throat, yes, oh gosh, oh no, that's got him right in the throat.
Speaker 2: Straight in the He was at the net in the throat ow out of what probably one hundred and something miles Proud.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it looks brutal. I mean, getting tagged in the throat. It has happened to me. Really, Yes, I'm trying to get it dance around saying I took get him shot in the throat, dance. I was playing doubles and one of my good buddies on the other side of the net. I was up at the net and he took one out of the air and it went straight into my atoms apple and I was I was on the ground for a second because I couldn't breathe, and then I got up in pain, but not you know, any serious damage. But then realized I was talking with a whistle.
Speaker 2: So I would love that version of Michael.
Speaker 1: I had to do gigs that week and I was just whistling through my words and.
Speaker 2: It was just, yeah, whistling while you would.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I whist at work. But I wasn't happy at all. And he because he was a good friend, that did it. And once it was obvious I was fine, But then talking with the whistle, he thought it was the most hilarious.
Speaker 2: It's really funny. Yeah that is crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but Cerrendolo, no whistling. Besides, that's just being happy to win the tournament. Yeah. Special mentioned a Rinky.
Speaker 2: Hitcheacta did so well.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, defeating a yearie l Hechka, Rinky beating a top twenty player and he has had a great season, so huge win.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good on him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, some confidence for Rinky going into the big show, big show, Yeah, the championships. And then because we're still on this tournament, the Queen's Club had some controversy m hm that we absolutely love yeah Moute, which I believe.
Speaker 2: Was my favorite, one of our favorites. Yeah, you needed the top three.
Speaker 1: We need a mooned personalities. That's so frustrated. You know, when I had a match point, I was on the second serve. Okay, you hatim in the middle. What about you do? You just put the ball in the court.
Speaker 3: And then he hates me one. I was like, fuck, I would have to serve and I would have to noms.
Speaker 2: Please no right content.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna ask you one more question.
Speaker 2: Apologies everyone for the language there. I'm gonna ask you one more question, so please keep it clean.
Speaker 1: Okay, you on the grass last week, unfortunately didn't go your way.
Speaker 2: What's it like to get your first victory? Fuck?
Speaker 1: Fok fox.
Speaker 2: I couldn't help himself. He didn't help himself.
Speaker 1: How is that not?
Speaker 2: And he's laughing, he's smiling. It's like I gotta gew gags away, great gags, great time, great time, perfect time, perfect time. Just when you think the joke is over, he comes back.
Speaker 1: I know, and it's like he drops the first F bomb. It gets a laugh from the crowd, and you can see in his face he's like a mischievous little boys. All right, Yeah, he's.
Speaker 2: Just playing, he's just having a good time.
Speaker 1: And it was like not a tirade. If he was angry.
Speaker 2: I mean yeah, he was smiling, he was happy.
Speaker 1: It was so fun. One of the best on court interviews ever. He eventually got fined forty thousand dollars for unsportsmanlike conduct.
Speaker 2: Oh god, and his.
Speaker 1: Prize money was forty three thousand.
Speaker 2: Oh that sucks. Yeah, that win. I mean, would you still feel happy about the win?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess beating Perry Carr and his you know, huge serving. But then for money, for no money at all, and like it gets a laugh, if it.
Speaker 2: Gets laugh yeah, it's fine. Give him another forty Yeah.
Speaker 1: And on sportsmanlike conduct, when it's a postmatch interview, there's no.
Speaker 2: Sports, there's no game going on anymore.
Speaker 1: Still happening, Yeah, so what are we doing here? And like who is okay? I have a few problems.
Speaker 2: With this, Okay, who is still.
Speaker 1: Offended by sports with all the atrocities world, Like who is like hearing a swear word of me?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, Well that lady that clutched the pearls when Andreva said true, Yeah, and the.
Speaker 1: Defending champion is eliminated, and I get there's kids there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but most say they watching so many.
Speaker 1: They have access to the internet.
Speaker 2: Exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's exactly way worse things on a daily basis. And then also, like to put it in context, Zvera of a couple of years ago in Anger took his racket and smashed up the chair umpire's chair. Yeah he got fined forty thousand dollars for that.
Speaker 2: Oh this was completely different.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and this is fun.
Speaker 2: This is fun. Tell you have some fun. I know.
Speaker 1: So I don't know. We should start a moute kickstarter to get him as money back for for the tournament fund me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, let's do that. And then when he comes on the pod at the Australian Open, we'll give him a big check.
Speaker 1: That's awesome, not a go fundme, a go fuck me.
Speaker 2: Very good.
Speaker 1: So moving on to the wt A and the Berlin Grass Court Championships. Linda Noskova beating American Jess I wanted just to win.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you, Mike, I know you're a Biggoles fan.
Speaker 1: I love Pagola. She was she was great when she came in for the interview. I love talking NFL to American players. You do, and I thought it was hers to win, but Noskova was kind of powering through the tournament. She'll enter the top ten for the first time after this. Pagola had an insane match against Sablenka, Yeah, where Sablenka got bageled in the third set decider.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you think she just gives up?
Speaker 1: Well, it's an interesting thing because at the French Open she got bageled in the third set by Diana Schneider.
Speaker 2: Right, do you think she just decides at one point? Is like, it's not for me.
Speaker 1: There's definitely something mentally going on. But to come back, they had a rain delay and it looked like she was going to lose in straight sets Sablenka, But then after the raindelay, came back and on that second set, and so you think the momentums with her, but then the bagel in the third set decider, it seemed to switch. Yeah, it's like a mental drop off that. I mean, I know she's battled mental demons in the past with their serve where she like it took like a good year of trying to rectify that, but yeah, I don't know. Double bagels and two tournaments close together is.
Speaker 2: Not Yeah, well, it's not looking good.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: For Wimbledon, she's still the favorite. Yeah, still the favorite, still the top seed. Other than that, uh Iyola Yola. She had a great round, so good because she's got so much confidence behind her and she's so level headed. For however, like she's so young and she just speaks like she's I don't know, got fifty years of experience of life, experience, old soul, old soul, really grounded. Beats Rebucana, beats my favorite sit Alina.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, but if it's Yalla, you're kind of like like, yeah, it's still cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is so cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but beating Rebeccaha is huge obviously, and then losing to the eventual winner and Oscova, it's like what a run?
Speaker 2: Yeah, incredible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's part of I wanted to ask you about this. Did you notice there's like a cool girl click.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they all got photos together. Yeah, so it's like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, even yeah and then and then there is one no zz yes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, they do loved it. They're a little girl crew.
Speaker 1: They're a little girl crew.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would be fun. Yeah, I'd love to know who, like is the like I woant to know that the behind the scenes, what like Who's the Yeah, the reality TV of tell Oh Yeah, I think that would be a good show.
Speaker 1: That's not bad at all, and they are cool.
Speaker 2: And especially on the on the Women's Tour, I think it'd be I think it'd be a lot of fun. Obviously there'd be people that wouldn't like each other or just do their own thing, but I think they'd be like real cool hangs.
Speaker 1: But because they are, like, you know, doing almost fashion shoots at every tournament, there's a ton of Instagram content. Do you think there's players like say a Diana Schneider or a Lauris Siegmund that are watching from the sidelines going I wish I was.
Speaker 2: In that cool? They've got their own cool girl group, I reckon. Yeah, they're doing their own things.
Speaker 1: But it is like a traveling circus, the W two and the ATP College crew. Yeah, but do you think they have a table in the cafeteria and.
Speaker 2: Oh you know what I mean probably Yeah, they would just gravitate toward each other.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they don't let you.
Speaker 2: Know, you can't sit here?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, stop trying to make fetch happen?
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 1: Ah, what else, Well, let's get into the Wimbledon wild cards. This is huge?
Speaker 2: Happened?
Speaker 1: Can we start with the headline story? Yeah, Serna.
Speaker 2: Back?
Speaker 1: Where is hold on? Serna is playing? I don't know that's the wrong line. Serena Williams playing singles Wimbledon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we love to see it. Oh, this is exciting. I mean yeah, she's forty four years old.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you're telling me there's a chance I can play in Wimbledon.
Speaker 2: Definitely. Yeah. You can put your mind to anything.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I can't put my mind anything, but it doesn't mean I'll succeed.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, yeah, I believe in you. Serena playing is that's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: I think it's like huge obviously not only tennis news, but like she's such a global name that Wimbledon knows exactly what it's doing. They know they're going to get a lot of eyeballs on whatever match or matches hopefully as she ends up playing. But the draw is not out till Friday. Who, Lizzie, who do you want to see Serena play in the first round as a wildcat?
Speaker 2: She could play anyone?
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you want to? Well, do you want to Rena.
Speaker 2: Osaka?
Speaker 1: Amazing?
Speaker 2: Could you have imagine, I mean Blockbusters, Serena, Goff, Goff, great, Serena, Sabalanka crazy, any yeah, any of the top.
Speaker 1: So you want to see a top ten Yes, play.
Speaker 2: A top ten place Serena, I do?
Speaker 1: Do you not want to go the other side of things? And another say she plays another qualifier or a wild card and then she gets a couple of matches in like.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I want it hard out. Yeah yeah, welcome back Serena.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I mean it could be any of those players, Like, we won't know till Friday, but it's the draw is going to be awesome on Friday, just when they announce who's she.
Speaker 2: Going to play, who she's going to play, it's going to be sick.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think Osaka is a good chout. I think that would be.
Speaker 2: That'd be awesome, awesome because like obviously Serena is coming back to tennis, but the person playing her, if it is like a top ten player, it's like such a mental thing to have to face, like the queen of tennis.
Speaker 1: Yeah I know, but she's also coming in with no matches. Yeah exactly, She's going from zero to sixty one one doubles match she's going from zero to forty four, you know, can she do it? I mean the one doubles match and then oh, an interesting one would be tom Lanovic, who beat Serena the US Open twenty twenty two for her last match.
Speaker 2: That's yeah, that would be cool.
Speaker 1: That would be cool. But then it's just movement on grass is difficult, and she is forty four, like her serve is obviously still huge and great.
Speaker 2: But I don't know, I just maybe she'll have that sort of like not first time but you know, coming back excitement.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the adrenaline, yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Mean the joy of playing.
Speaker 1: From zero singles matches in a like pro event to Wimbledon is nuts. I worry that this is like when they announced the new Indiana Jones movie. Right, we're like nostalgia and everything.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, you're like, oh, I grew.
Speaker 1: Up with this, and this, you know, is awesome to watch, and then when it's actually happening, you're like they are too old to be like they.
Speaker 2: Do not have or when you go see an old band, yeah, Paul McCartney, you cannot sing anymore. Yeah.
Speaker 1: They have to poke Bob Dylan with a stick, so he goes I'm in the word or whatever. Yeah, do you know what I mean? Though it's exciting now, but then in actual practice or in actual you know, match, it's going to be like.
Speaker 2: I think it'll be good. Okay, I think it'll be.
Speaker 1: I trust you trust that she'll put in a competitive effort.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And there's no controversy with her getting the wild card over it's say a battling player on the WTA side.
Speaker 2: That you know, I mean that probably is. There's probably someone that could have got it, but it's Serena. I know, it's Serena, Queen of Tennis at Wimbledon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I mean we're happy that uh Kolinska is then with a wild card who just played the final of Roland Garros, so that is awesome. And then the rest are just kind of a British players. Harriet Dart of course has been around for a while, but the other ones, Yeah, I mean, good luck, good.
Speaker 2: Luck, oh, good luck, good luck out there.
Speaker 1: Don't have to strawberries and cream before you go bets cuff. And then on the men's side, the wild cards we've briefly touched on before. Varenka and Dematrov are through no wildcard for mon fees or carryos, But like you said, Curios is playing the doubles. Yes, interestingly, no wild card for Barrettini or Dan Evans. Dan Evans is interesting. He's been like a British player who's given a lot of trouble to the top ten over the past I don't know howver many years, ten years plus, and it has it said it's his last year playing. But no, no wild card for Dan Evans. Interestingly, do they treat the wild cards like a reality TV show?
Speaker 2: That would be cool, That would be what I would watch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like, so they're all standing there, you got all the players, you got carry ons on on fees, you're playing but yeah, yeah, yeah, and you get the who cures starmer even though I know he's just resigned, but he hands out like a single rose to the players that get to walk.
Speaker 2: You accept this?
Speaker 1: I mean, why not? What would you call the reality show for the wild card.
Speaker 2: Wild things?
Speaker 1: Whoa hell?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And they have to do like a mechanical bull to get the wild gun.
Speaker 1: Okay, what is it? Mechanical ball? Oh, mechanical bull A ball all right, mechanical bull are So they do that as a like a lead up to the rose.
Speaker 2: That's one of that's one of the challenges. Mechanical bawl.
Speaker 1: Yeah, instead of a rose, maybe like, yeah, a golden tennis ball. Yes, I mean we are, you know, gainfully employed by the Australian Open.
Speaker 2: Beautiful.
Speaker 1: Maybe we should pitch wild things for the AO.
Speaker 2: Yeah, behind the scenes. Yeah, I'm sure he flies on the wall.
Speaker 1: I'm sure the players would love it.
Speaker 2: They love everything that we do.
Speaker 1: They love competition, they love everything we do. But I mean, standing there without a golden ball at the end of the and it's like, all right, you got.
Speaker 2: To fly back to Yeah, getting the cup. We'll get him into shakeshare, We'll get him into a couple of them.
Speaker 1: But it's funny because we'll why them out to Australia and then if they don't get the golden ball, we'll be like, well, you're not in the tournament, so you gotta you gotta fly back to you know, it was true. Then I got the hotel room.
Speaker 2: That is true.
Speaker 1: I can't wait all these sweet hotel rooms that I'll be collecting on. We believe, we believe, we believe, we believe.
Speaker 2: Okay, Mike, you ready for approaching the net featuring me and you, Yes, which is of course the best way that I love to watch tennis is through my phone on social media, and this is what I have seen this week. Yanixina, we love him. He has had an asteroid named after him. Do you think he's happy with it?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I mean, I guess it's a.
Speaker 2: You'd be like, Okay, I guess.
Speaker 1: It's funny to me because Yennick Sinner, who struggled in the heat of Paris. This is an object that burns up once entering Earth's atmosphere, So I guess it's that.
Speaker 2: Is it a compliment?
Speaker 1: I don't know, celestial like I think a comet would be.
Speaker 2: I could for a star. Yeah, I want to star like a star formation.
Speaker 1: A whole consolation. Yeah, it's a whole.
Speaker 2: Yeah. They've officially called the asteroid one two zero zero nine seven Yonick Cinna special name.
Speaker 1: What if this is the asteroid that brings about armageddon? Because who remembers asteroids if they don't do any damage? You know? So if this is the one, this is the one where Yannick Center is going to end us all.
Speaker 2: One to zero zero nine to seven, Yannick Cinner.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good luck to it two zero zero nine to seven. Also Bernard Thomic's current ranking.
Speaker 2: Okay, big news always with any tournament that Naomi Orsucker does is her outfit, and she has revealed her dress and obviously Wimbledon you got to just have the whites. Have you seen it?
Speaker 1: I have not.
Speaker 2: It's beautiful, right, I like it. It's got like a flower trim okay, very like you know, cut out shoulder. I'm into it. I think it's one of my favorite dresses of hers.
Speaker 1: Holdout it now. Yeah, it's obviously Wimbledon. She must find restrictive in that she can't do a huge outlandish true.
Speaker 2: I think restrictions are good though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it does look pretty kind of streamlined. I guess.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not neat, it's tidy.
Speaker 1: Centatious as usual, and uh yeah, good for her.
Speaker 2: Just more on Naomi's fashion future. Yes, she put on threads. She is quite prolific on threads, to be honest. She's always on it. You're following, Yeah, I follow her on threads. She's always talking about her life and like she's just kind of giving motivational stuff on threads, Like I don't know, he needs to hear this today. But you're doing great.
Speaker 1: Really.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's interesting because, as we know interviewing, she's not the most forthcoming.
Speaker 2: Or no, she's an introvert.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so I guess there's a lot of people like that that once are online, they kind.
Speaker 2: Of, you know, they find their place. But she's like she threw out on threads. I would actually love to creative direct other tennis players. Lol, Come let me spice up your life. Come let me spice up your life. I don't think I would personally let I mean creative direct for me because imagine saying no when she's like, you have to wear this crown and giant cape and pro style. I mean style is different for everyone, but not for me. I think like to see you go to like some sort of design school. First show me your qualifications, then you can create a direct for me, babe. Okay. Finally, on approaching the net, Wimbledon will sell around two million strawberries. Okay, the strawberries excite you.
Speaker 1: I mean strawberries and cream is a good dessert, right, Like it's I don't mind it and they have pims is the drinks is the drink? I mean it's refreshing and it's better than eating most British food.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's better than.
Speaker 1: Beer spot.
Speaker 2: This is the yearly dose of fruit and ben it's just the strawberries and cream.
Speaker 1: Some beans in an old chew.
Speaker 2: So bad, but the strawberries and cream. It is iconic. And I love that they have a food, yes, because there's no other tennis tournament really that has a food so strongly associated with the tournament. That's true, Like what could we have Australian specific Bunning sausage. We need to get the Bunnings collab going.
Speaker 1: With what paired with what?
Speaker 2: Drink avb Yeah maybe yeah, Bundy and coke, Bundy and Chicka roll, chicker roll chaser.
Speaker 1: Vegim on toast Yeah, and Jack Daniels classic.
Speaker 2: Oh, I can't wait for my vegimions and Jack Daniels can wash.
Speaker 1: It down warm Jack Daniels on a day.
Speaker 2: But the thing I love about the strawberries is that they only come from about forty kilometers away and they're picked on the day, shipped straight there. These strawberries uh low income workers, low income workers, and then they go straight there for inspection and if they don't make the they get made into jam. That's something that really impressed me. I thought that was really cool. We know tennis players love a little fashion moment. Of course, so Ego Shwantech has a new sponsored coach and she is modeling a handbag.
Speaker 1: Yeah all right, all right, well you've given I.
Speaker 2: Know I feel bad now, but this looks to me a bit hills hoist. Like she's out in the backyard. There's sheets on the line. Yeah, and she's got to check the washing before she goes out. She's like, is it damp the bag itself?
Speaker 1: Are you?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: I'm not going to buy that. I'm not a fan of this bag, but I do have a favorite Eager bag. Yeah. Course that's the original ego.
Speaker 1: For our audio listeners, Lizzie is showing a picture of a red i GA supermarket. It's very funny and another reason why you should also watch this pod on YouTube, like follow and subscribe and leave a nice comment. That is, and you you like that bag more?
Speaker 2: I would use that bag, Moore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, Well that takes us to the tail end of the episode, and we do have a couple more tournaments before Wimbledon kicks off proper. We have the Eastbourne Open, which is atp and a WTA two fifty that started already the first round. Yes, at the time of recording, we touched on the MAJORCA Open, which is an ATP two fifty carry OUs first round. Lost Aussie Adam Walton there. And then of course the Bad Homburg. WTA want to Holmberg Homburg. I love that name for Yeah, it's good, it's great. And so those are the last few before the main draw of Wimbledon kicks off. The draw is out on Friday.
Speaker 2: I can wait.
Speaker 1: We're gonna make a ton of predictions on the next episode. Who we'd like we don't like going in to that. The qualifiers have started this week, so you know there could be someone coming out of qualifying that might make a deep run.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you never know.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Oh, I just thought of another Serena matchup that would be amazing. Serena versus Radic on it.
Speaker 2: That would be great home hometown. Yeah, that's tough.
Speaker 1: I can't wait. We'll cover it all next week, all right, see yup.