Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Podcast Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Why from Richmond Gold one four point three HQG, Melbourne, Australia.
Speaker 3: We're custing to the world blood Christian, you're freezing your skin smelting off. Oh conall who.
Speaker 4: Was staring down the barrel of another controversy for Breakfast show.
Speaker 5: Don't start this business again?
Speaker 3: Starts now? Good morning, It's the Christian O'Connor Breakfast Show. Have you well? Thants you tuning in? It's seven minutes past six. I think I've got my first speeding ticket since moving here eighteen months ago. Happened this morning? Does the flash mean you're going to get the ticket?
Speaker 4: Or does the flash this mean could have just been a photographer trying.
Speaker 3: To bloody perhaps at five point fifteen going through Fitzroy Street in Saint Kilna. Perhaps just leave me alone, guys, please let me have some privacy when I'm driving to Wort picking my nose.
Speaker 4: It's hard in the mornings, isn't it, Because there's a lot less traffic on the road and I would never.
Speaker 3: A gun it dry through schools and burnouts in playgrounds. No one's up it's fast.
Speaker 4: And furious, but forty does seem particularly slow when there's nobody else on the road.
Speaker 3: Doesn't it? You know?
Speaker 5: Was it a forty zone?
Speaker 3: Do you know what? It's so tricky right because they go suddenly you get the forty, then it goes up to sixty, and there seems to be a lack of ane warning signs or claxons to go off around me to let me know that it's now changed suddenly from the sixty back down to forty. Then there's the one that's the forty brackets only when the kids are at school, yes, and outside of that you can gun it by another twenty. There's so much to.
Speaker 4: Take confusion, So hang on.
Speaker 5: So was it a red light or was it a spaeding? Or was it both?
Speaker 3: I wouldn't say speeding, I'd say a lack of clarity in the sink killed area with signage was And that's what I'm going to say if it goes to court, I'm going to fight this all the way. Oh, I need you guys to back me on this as well. There's a lack of clarity where I was driving.
Speaker 4: The old confusion defense.
Speaker 3: Just sorry, I've only just moved here. I am British.
Speaker 5: There is no defense. I don't think, no.
Speaker 3: Insanity, possibly insanity. I actually believe, you know, for us breakfast show people, we should have a siren that we can put on the top of the car. Now, I don't mean a blue light obviously, or a red light. Okay, those are for the actual emergency services, but just underneath the emergency services are breakfast show presenters. And I think that we should have I don't know what it would be, but some kind of thing you can put on the roof of the kind and undercover cops and you only used it on the way in to do your show, so suddenly you'd see we're not Pang because he doesn't get into night. I think he gets so five to nine he turns up, he said five minutes of power and then goes to the golf course. But you might see Eddie or you know, me or Jack or Pat's coming over where I be with a anchorman all coming in from north south east West Fife. It's got her sign on as well. I think that's a fairer.
Speaker 4: Way because we're not an emergency service, but we are a type of service.
Speaker 5: We're a community service.
Speaker 3: What I don't get anything travel all the way here. It's become on a community radio show.
Speaker 4: I thought this was like your prison time, the community service that you had to service.
Speaker 3: It's got on a four point three. So yeah, I think I got my first speeding fines. Is there a lawyer who can represent me?
Speaker 1: Listening the Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three, So it looks like I've got my first speeding fine come in my way. Many many British people when they first move here, it's normally within the first month or two because they get so caught out unaware with a sudden speed, different changes in different zones. So I've gone pretty well to get this far. But yeah, I flashed going through it and interchange and you know, you just swear straight away, don't you. There was no one else in the car as soon as yeah, God got me so but sometimes it's just a flash and no fine already.
Speaker 4: You know what I felt like, I got flashed ones and I never got a fine in the mail, and I was waiting for it. I think it might have been looking back on it, you know how trams sometimes spark at the top. Yes, I think it was a spark of a tramp start.
Speaker 5: Some of them do miss fire too, like some will just go off if there's a fault with them.
Speaker 3: They don't. They don't walking down the street something.
Speaker 5: No, they do. Some are faulty.
Speaker 3: I know it's just overtaken that foot someone just walking down the street. But I think I was saying that fast mixing the line he's got some help for me. Come on in, Mick, good morning.
Speaker 6: Here are you going?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I'm pretty worried about this speeding phine, Mick, have you got any advice?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was just going to say, you've done pretty well to actually not be done, considering how much revenue raking goes on in Victoria.
Speaker 3: That's true. Actually, yeah, that's a s.
Speaker 2: I was just going to say. We've got a letter, a generic letter that we share amongst ourselves, between family, friends and work colleagues. We've been using for the last twenty years that you know, basically states I'm a good driver with no history of accidents, et cetera. And we find that most people get off if it's only a single point fine, so a lower fine.
Speaker 3: This is I was doing seventeen over what the actual bad I know, it's really bad. It's really weird bad. No, no, no, it's it's you know, and I deserve to obviously be fined. But it was again it's a confusion between.
Speaker 4: The zones and zone.
Speaker 3: You know, I thought it was a sixty, so it's just under that three under that, So really reward me for I think going under that. But it actually turns out was a forty. You know, it's terrible. But I don't think that that one. I don't think that letter is going to help me. Is it mean?
Speaker 2: Well more, you could still put in their stuff like you know, has there as this speak camera been calibrated lately and asked for proof of stuff like that as well, So we do things like that. So if they can't provide them proof that has been calibrated and said amount of time, well, like Pat said, it could be out.
Speaker 3: I think the facts I said on air, what have done? They're going to be waiting for my did you hear it the other day? She confessed on air? And now and now he's talking about independently calibrating testing going on.
Speaker 4: He didn't calibrate his on air.
Speaker 3: Statement where's the dump button in the studio? Other so we cando everything I've just said, all right, Mick, thanks for trying to help that. I have a good day.
Speaker 1: Thanks mate, The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three already, that is a stunning looking day out there. And then I find out it's daylight savings changed this weekend.
Speaker 4: I think you just found that out too, me too, did you?
Speaker 3: Yes? Yes? Where's where is it? This needs to be top news story all week.
Speaker 5: My mum rang last night because she's babysitting for us today and she thought because it's October one, that it kicked in today, so she was worried about being late, and I said, no Saturday night, mom, So.
Speaker 4: Why is she ring you? He could I just google it all?
Speaker 5: Oh, she's not computer literature, morning Mum.
Speaker 3: She'll be listening if you're morning Pats mum. If your mama's are alone, on you for facts and information. I'm getting ready for Christmas Day this Friday.
Speaker 6: Like that.
Speaker 5: So it's a clock now, hang on? Is it an hour afore?
Speaker 3: Let's just maybe get that pronunciation really right before you start stumbling around those words. Okay, something else that might change this week, cand but that has nothing to do with this breakfast show, madam. But now now it's look at that.
Speaker 5: It's beauty, stunning day.
Speaker 3: It's great to be up at this sort of secret howl of the day. Well, most of the Melbourne is fast asleep still or just stirring where already you wait look at this. However, the next week are we being plunged in darkness again? With the change? That is depressing? Isn't it yesterday to go into one of these places? And then with the modern world now there are some businesses that don't want us rocking up anymore. They want us to go online or go on the phones because it's cost savings. I went into a bank. When was the last time any of you ever went into a bank? First of all, it took me while to operate the door. They don't even want to even if you find it. It's that one of those and it's there's no open sign. And I started doing the old wax works moving my around that I was having a seizure.
Speaker 4: You do where you poke it? Maybe it's sensitive?
Speaker 3: Is it a step on? Step on? Like a dance game? What's happening here? You know? Then the mysterious doors opens, you go in and straight away but I'm not welcome here. And there's only one sort of tailer. Is that what they call them? Store teller? There's only one. Remember years ago in the banks, gapeestly. It was like the world's greatest bar, but the worst as well. Everyone was ready to serve you and take your money or say you haven't got any money all your own. But they always had people there, and you be queuing up, but it was quite quick. Just why one person there? And then I saw it. There's always if you go into a bank during the day, there's always at least two mature ladies. And what they do is you're all waiting for a while, and then the lady goes, okay, yes, next please, old lady steps forward and then she does this, she starts. Then's the time to start rummaging around in the handbag for whatever business she need to talk to the bank about. We've been waiting fifteen minutes. I'm good to go, right, I've got I've got my story straight, I'm rehearsing. Hello, I need this this, I've got this backup thing here, I got my papers. I'm ready to go. I've rehearsed it all more than a breakfast shof've done that day? This old deer in front of me. Bless her was like, Oh, it's not that bad, is it? In the car?
Speaker 5: Let me have another.
Speaker 3: Look at this giant handbager. God just knows what's in there and all that. Oh, and everyone else is looking doing that polite grin thing. You just want to go. Please get a move on. We're having it, but it's clear banks don't want us going in. Was the last time even in a bank.
Speaker 4: I went to one recently for probably the first time in years, to try our band release the Sounds. Was going to get a business account.
Speaker 3: Did she go, oh, we've just had the food fighters anyhow. Yeah, they're trying to get a small business loan at Dave Grohl. It's a lovely man.
Speaker 4: You should have seen the look of this guy's face when we came with nothing. So hey, we're a band. We want to get open our own account, a joint account. He's like, okay, do you have your ABN in your business name? Oh no, no, we've got.
Speaker 3: We must have looked at you like you're a couple of stoners or no hopers, a couple of ten year old You can't even see over the ledgend the till an open bank account for a band.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Queen, I want to oh wellly been paying attention since yesterday. Well done. Lots of we're calling in thinking is this it? This is the second time you played, Queen, I want it all. I want to try and win my ten thousand dollars for the ten k No repeat work day. No, it's the next time you hear us playing that song again. This is the first time we played it. Then you can try and win your instant ten thousand dollars. Good luck over the weekend, the long weekend, And like I said yesterday, we had to say Airbnb placed out in the Redhill and the place was staying in certain things you get in other bitles homes, don't you Those kind of that they rent out and hire out DVDs and DVD players. And as soon as I got there, I had a little nose around the DVDs and there were a lot. Let's going actually a good old sort of collection of DVDs. We watched them, my wife and I that one even and watched The Gladiator stood a great movie.
Speaker 4: But they're never new releases, are there. They're out that era in two thousand or earlier.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and also just handling a DVD. It's not like an ancient museum piece. But it feels of a different time, doesn't it. Straight Away? Now you know, we don't own those movies anymore. We're just they exist where you download.
Speaker 4: Stream except at Patter's house where she's still got a VCA VC I.
Speaker 5: Do front loader, Yes, I do, still works.
Speaker 3: And then I saw that there was Twins. The movie Twins, you remember, classic comedy of that was late eighties, early nineties, Danny DeVito and Arnie and I got to my kids, Oh, we've got to watch this. This is a funny movie. They're like, what is it? Went the big one? He got the front cover. The big guy turns out he's got a twin. It's the little guy. It's already funny, right, and they go, who are they went? That's Danny DeVito. Trying to explain the concept of Danny DeVito to a twelve year old and a fifteen year old is very hard. He was in taxi and with a big guy, used to be the world's strongest man, and then he became an actor and then he ran California already. It's a tough sell. I really big it up. I go, hey, this, you know, I know you look missus doubt fire. You love when I showed that to you, So trust me on this one. The old man knows what it's talk about when he comes to movies and comedy. Game. We put it in and ten minutes in there's nothing but silence, and I can feel eyes burrowing into my head and I go, yeah, it hasn't ased. Well, okay, let's turn it off. We had to. I felt so bad we had to turn off Twins. It was just really lame, unfunny. The scenes were all over long, you know, was these guys everything, soone's too many jump cuts? Hasn't it got an attention a deficit disorder? You know, we're always jumping around and jump cuts and stuff like that. But this thing was so slow and casually sexist as well. Arnie. Every scene he's in, he's eyeing up some woman. A nurse leans forward and he's like, oh. The kids were like this is really actually really inappropriate down and I'm like, because they're like, they're obviously growing into a world and they are militant feminists. I'm like, absolutely, I showed you this as an example. Let's bonnet. That's right now, there's arrested everyone who made this. So yeah, there are certain movies that don't age well. And another one I watched a couple of weeks ago, not with the kids and his age, and I think it was just made in a simpler time. Braveheart.
Speaker 4: Oh, I have fond memories of Brave Heart.
Speaker 3: Do my favor. Watch it again as soon as you can. What you'll notice are there are some terrible, terrible howlers in the attention to detail that change how you feel about the whole movie. In one, Big Wars and there's a lot of battle scenes, it's mainly a lot of It's an angry Scottish guy, basically the subtitle of that movie. There's one scene where there's the dude behind William Wallace who is Mel Gibson, Who's is Seriously, I don't even know how these days, I guess with the technology when they're editing stuff, but he's wearing a baseball cap. I don't know how. I'm not joking, like, I don't know how it's snuck in. There's a guy and how someone went cut. Who is the idiot? He's come back from lunch with a baseball cap on?
Speaker 4: They didn't have these in medieval time?
Speaker 3: My mistake? What about I turn it backwards? Okay?
Speaker 4: I have seen the screenshot of there's a white van on the hills.
Speaker 3: In another greatly one where there's just a fan part there. Well, no, and so that that that hasn't aged well because these days the attention to detail in movies and how they do it. I guess they have things like some sort of thing with a technology or system would go through it all now looking for But yeah, what do you think are the movies? Have you guys watched any in the last year or two that just done age? Because the idea of the.
Speaker 4: Technology that guys are looking for somebody wearing a cap or a van running through the computer part.
Speaker 3: Hang on, there's an uber in the background of Gladiator. All right, give us a call. What movies don't age very well? Nine four one four one oh four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: You can email us about anything you've heard talked about on the show. We call it late to the party. We love getting your emails. You email me Christian at gold one O four three dot com dot au. Uh wow, I've had my first email from someone who happened to have heard the best of we do primetime seven am on a Saturda day morning or is it eight? She should know it because I'm here every Saturday between seven, eight, nine, ten eleven twelve one doing the best start. It's not pre recorded. Okay, they come in and I'll count a two hour little best of show. Chuckling as I listened to some of the funny calls that we've found from listeners this week.
Speaker 4: What happened as well? Sue said months ago it's going to move to three hours. I guess we just didn't have enough content to fill three hours.
Speaker 3: She did, Let's start at this Saturday from now? Who's after us? Who am I kicking out of an hour?
Speaker 4: Oh jeez, I don't listen to on the weekend.
Speaker 5: Rotating. Isn't it like a rotating roster?
Speaker 3: Is it? What do you mean?
Speaker 5: Well, you get different jocks, Well they have like an interchange. Joe Bobbolino.
Speaker 4: Huggy's other job here is to do the roster.
Speaker 5: It's on my wall somewhere I.
Speaker 3: Do see the email go out as well. We should. You're right. She did say let's start the best of two hours and then we'll take it to three. So I reckon, it's ready now. For three hours. That means we've got to really get a hustle on this week again for three hours. Anyway, this guy here, Alan, was listening to the best of Saturday, Thank you Allan, and he heard some of the great calls from you guys. When we were doing a five TB of Tuesday last week, one of the phone in is one though five was about how he went out to buy milk. What did you come back with? Remember the dad that went out to buy milk came back with a six seater spa. That call. Anyway, this guy went out. He didn't go out to get milk. He went out to get a second hand motorcycle helmet, but came back with a wife. Listened to this story so I.
Speaker 4: Love him intrigued.
Speaker 3: This is a great one. It's not what you think, Hi, Christian heard the best of We found the listener one guy, Alan, My hobby is airbrushing, and I was listening to you talk about how people go it went out to buy something small like a bottle of milk, and they came up with something far bigger and more significant. So my hobby is air brushing, and what I do is I have a look on gum tree in eBay. I look for cheap motorcycle helmets to practice my art of air brushing. This is how I got mixed up with bike helmets. I saw that a lady when I was looking for any cheap second hand motorcycle helmets. I also saw on coumtry that a novice motorcycle rider wanted a mentor. She was located near Saint Kilda. She'd only done twenty kilometers experience and there was a forty five year old new novice female rider. My response was what the hell? So I contacted her and then one Sunday morning, six am, I said, look, I'm driving by Beach Road. I'll stop for a minute and if you join me on your motorbike, I head up to Beach Road. We go as far as Brighton and back again. I was on my Harley Davidson. This member came a weekly Sunday thing. Several times. We'll meet up at six am, then at seven am, then at eight am. On a Sunday, giving her more traffic experience than one Sunday morning. For the first time ever, we stopped for a coffee. Normally we would just ride. I would turn around, ride back with her wave as she didn departed and went by wake up.
Speaker 4: The residents of Bayside.
Speaker 3: Get this end. So they stop off for a coffee for the first time after doing this for a couple of weeks, and they start talking to each other and they just got married last year.
Speaker 4: Congratulations.
Speaker 3: Isn't that a nice story? So that is how he went out for milk. He's putting brackets here a helmet and came back with his wife. That's a lovely story had and I love that. I think that's brilliant. I also love this one Christian late to the party Cheap dads. Each year, my dad would take me and my brother on holiday to Spain's. She wasn't cheap in that way, but once we got there, the cheapness set in. He always had some tariff that he paid for where we got breakfast and one evening meal no lunch. Each morning. Before going down to breakfast, he'd issue us with a beach bag during breakfast, and during breakfast he would watch out for the staff, and when they weren't looking, he would say, go on, sons, now, to chance we would be made, made to go over to the breakfast buffet, fed up the beach bags with bread rolls, try stale bread rolls and that awful slight, sweaty cheese because there's been laid out over ice for some reason. Come lunch time, we've been ordered to get out, said even drier, more stale red rolls, rip them open, because he wouldn't hit the cutlery and dig out the now warm, melty, sticky cheese, slices napkins sticking to each corner stores they dry squished them into some kind of rudimentary lunch. It was a whole week, every lunch time of dry rolls with horrible, sticky, sweaty, melky, melty cheese. And it took its toll on my me and my brother as well. I have I have, I've got post traumatic stress to sort of Christian. I can't go near a breakfast buffet cheese. I can't go near the breakfast buffet cheese and meat selection out getting flashbacks, Duncan. That's a great email if you ever want to email. The show is Christian at Gold one o four three Top com do Au.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: What a beautiful looking morning it is already today, So busy show today got you your chance to go and see Queen Live with the awesome Adam Lambert at seven thirty and ten weeks of Tickets which kicks off yesterday, and then at eight we'll be doing five Top of Tuesday. But before that, Sometimes on a Patsy will send me an email in the evening. I've just stuff that's been going on with her and it might be something that I can be aware of and that I want want more details on the radio show. Often it's just an update of what's been going on with Audie. So yesterday's email was Lady's been throwing a beach ball at the back of Pats's head. It's good to know, you know. It's like sometimes in a Christmas card you get one of those news letters about some crappy kids of it. Tarquin's doing very well. Here's Japanese.
Speaker 5: It was more a sign of my sign off from the email because Musco, I'm getting a bach ball in the back of my head exactly.
Speaker 3: I get it. However, the first paragraph I read several times trying to work out why you were upset, and I thought I must have missed a keyword here, scanning it word by word. No, I'll go for another one. Read through number five. No, now, before you get your chance to tell what happened yesterday when the people knocked the door. Allow me if I can, just to read out word for word the report you sent me. First of all, it begins like this, there's no I was when she's angry, pats los his pronunciation, rudely awakened by door knockers. This afternoon, two young men fundraising for a charity. They all have the same intro when they see your pained expression, we're not asking for any money today. Then one says, oh, are you Italian? Should we speak to you an Italian? I held his gaze with a are you swear words? Serious racist raging in my head and I closed the door. Get this last name, which is a shame because I support cerebral palsy.
Speaker 5: Well that's who without collecting for and it's a very worthy organization. But he got me off side with that comment. I thought that was a silly comment.
Speaker 3: Shall I read it again? Because that I had to and you should have to hear it again. Rudely awakened by door knockers this afternoon, two young men fundraising for a chanting. They all have the same intro when they see your pained expression. We're not asking for any money today, Delmar says, oh are you Italian? She won't speaks to you and Italian. I held his She meant to say gays, but you put in here glaze on the top of at the top of a cake.
Speaker 5: S thinking donuts.
Speaker 3: I held his glaze with a are youse swear word serious racist raising in my head and closed the door. Which is a shame because I like to support cerebral palsy.
Speaker 5: Don't you think that's a weird thing to say?
Speaker 3: Slam shame. I like to support cerebral palsy. But they're not getting anything from me today. Good luck with the research.
Speaker 5: Well, I thought it was a silly thing to say, and it kind of took me back. I thought, really, but why are.
Speaker 3: They racist for simply misunderstanding and thinking, oh you might you might look at.
Speaker 5: You find that I find it a weird thing to say. It's because I.
Speaker 3: Treat someone different because of a skin color and treat them differently.
Speaker 5: Do you think that's right?
Speaker 4: You know what I reckon he's going for.
Speaker 3: I reckon they're going to help out the funding for cerebral balls.
Speaker 4: He's trying to catch you off guard and confuse you. So you get into a conversation. Is that what you're handing over money? I think so. No, No, I'm not Italian. My family's from Ireland. Sky Really, my family's there before.
Speaker 3: You know, Patsy, we're all hill Billies and.
Speaker 5: Selling tactic, you think, Jack, I think so.
Speaker 3: But you here's my question. Why would you get so upset with him simply saying are you Italian?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 3: It's not.
Speaker 5: I love Italian people.
Speaker 3: It's not that Italian, Okay, Jones? Please stop Joe.
Speaker 5: Why do we have to say you're Italian or your We're all the same.
Speaker 3: There's nothing worse than when someone says, I love and so no ethnicity. There's a trump pest thing. All I will say is this the other one is no offense.
Speaker 5: But no, no, no, no, I just thought it was a really odd thing to say.
Speaker 8: Odd.
Speaker 3: I'm not even playing this song. The boss has started to play it, so we wrapped this up hashtag patsgaatee Pats. This has become a hashtag A love the world. It's okay, hey listen everyone, please know this for the record. Some of her best mates they're Italian.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Perahts he's just had a new job off for three and Nobody Breakfast in Sydney, co hosting with Alan Jones.
Speaker 5: Point me, is that you know?
Speaker 3: I'm joking? Patsy just come beating into the studio like she does when she's not happy with something that went out on it. She's flying in it, didn't she the old arms up in the air. Come on, she said, I've read it down. It's not in taste in this modern age. She yelled at me. The finger was pointed like in Italian. Oh side, I don't want to be racist. There's a part. There's another couple of lines to the email, all right, so obviously it's signed off about these people that upset Patsy by saying, oh you're Italian? Shall we speak to you an Italian? And her slamming the door on the doorknocker is yesterday. This isn't the first time I've had elderly Greek or Italian men come up to me at the greengrocer and speak in their foreign tongue, want to do one of those DNA tests as mum and has seven sisters, all to look Mediterranean, their mother particularly, So I reckon there's a weekly feature we use the murder, she wrote music Letters from Pats. You always begin it hello kind certainly as well, and then what follows is normally a die drive of anger, therapy, often abuse at me. It always signs up we'd see you in the morning, Pommy, and it's like when when I when, when I'm move on for me? Just be the Pommy to you as well. So I think we.
Speaker 4: Email where she's claimed that somebody is being racist to her.
Speaker 3: If she ever sees me out in the street before she heads back to the old the lair at Wherabuch, she always winds down the window and goes everything okay, Pommy, go see.
Speaker 5: Her paths standing out on this.
Speaker 3: Just make a note of it. Then ten bar seven every Tuesday, Letters from Pats.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Yesterday we brought it back. It's ten weeks of tickets. What that means for you us over the next ten weeks on the show, every single DA seven thirty your chance to go and win tickets to the biggest shows in town. All this week week one of ten weeks of tickets as an amazing one completely sold out, right, So Queen with the alsome Adam Lambert, you can win your tickets in about ten minutes time. Yesterday we played this game called under Pressures. We give you five seconds. I name a category. You got to try and name as many things in that category in five seconds. And to give you an ex work, we did a couple of rounds with Patsy. You know, she's the smartest person on the show, and I felt bad, Yes, sir, we sprung on her. One of the categories was newsreaders and I'm worried that. You know, obviously this might have been awkward in your industry if your fellow peers, Patsy, So I thought I'd give you a round two now, as many newsreaders as you came five seconds ago. Did you name yourself?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 5: I did, and you didn't accept it yesterday, But you need to because yourself. Yeah, that's all right. You didn't say I couldn't true.
Speaker 3: Take yourself out of there? Is it two out of five again?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, but let's try again. Now I'm going to give you another category.
Speaker 5: You ready depends what the category is.
Speaker 3: Well, no, that's not the way the game. The listeners don't call up and barter with me. All right? Types of chocolate pressure all.
Speaker 5: White chocolate, terrible chocolate, pepperminte, chocolate, strawberry.
Speaker 9: Chocolate, chocolate.
Speaker 3: Okay. Movies are Patrick Swayze.
Speaker 5: Guyady Dead, Seeing row House Pure to Julie Umar from or whatever it was?
Speaker 4: Four? Was the last one?
Speaker 5: Julie?
Speaker 4: Was it?
Speaker 5: Julie Newmar from Wang Fu? That one where he did the cross dressing? It was great movie with Wesley Snipes. Did you not say that?
Speaker 3: I think it was? Was?
Speaker 2: Was it?
Speaker 7: Two?
Speaker 3: Wang Foo?
Speaker 7: Love?
Speaker 3: Who is Yers Corporation issue?
Speaker 5: Julie Numar was the original catwoman?
Speaker 3: I see what's it called? Jack? I think you're right. I'm pretty sure there was a sweet.
Speaker 5: From Julie Nemo. He was out doing That's when I interviewed him when he came out for the publicity for it.
Speaker 3: To Wang Fu, thanks for everything, Numa, well actually does that.
Speaker 4: This movie looks like it's from the nineteen fifties. Yearn it's lazy for the film.
Speaker 5: Night Time nineties. It was in the nineties.
Speaker 3: Well word done, Patsy. You smash that as well. All right, so well we're not playing that next. We've got a different thing.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 10: Christian o'connalls ten weeks of tickets.
Speaker 3: It is bad. We did this last year, ten weeks of tickets only on Gold one oh four point three in the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show study yesterday for the next ten weeks and all the tickets to the biggest shows in town this week. It is completely sold out. Queen with Adam Lambert. There is only one Freddy Mercury, but Adam Lambert is amazing with Queen. There are coming over on the Rhapsody tour at Amy Park nineteenth of February. It is completely sold out. However, we've got tickets every single day this week. Not only do you win the tickets to go and see the show, and on Friday we're going to do a draw. This is such an amazing prime to give to somebody. You get your tickets upgraded to what's called I didn't even know what this existed, the VIP package. You get seats on the stage. I think you would actually just put your foot up on Roger Taylor's drums now I won't deal with it, drum. You also get a backstage talk pre show function merch worth over three thousand dollars. So you get tickets if you win this week anyway, but then you get the chance to have it upgraded to actually watch the show from the you're on the stage, which is incredible. Next week we roll from this straight into Elton John tickets. We've also got you two tickets. They're over in November, red hot summer tickets for you and three mates. Loads more over the next ten weeks. With this week, it's all about the great Freddy and Queen. I think you can enjoy what we're going to be doing for the rest of this week. Okay, so we have our very own Freddie Mercury and he has recorded a song and it's not a queen song, but he's singing a well known song to the tune of queen song. You don't need to guess the queen song. You need to try and unscramble your brain. Listen to the lyrics and guess the actual song. Not the queen song that Freddy's doing it too, but the it's another song. Here is this mornings one? Then? What is Freddy singing? Have listen?
Speaker 4: Are you ready?
Speaker 3: Are you ready for this? With the lights out? It's this sanderus? Here we are.
Speaker 11: Now answertain us. I feel stupid and cantageous here, we are now ansertain us.
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 3: That is amazing sight. Freddy is alive and with us once more. So what is the song Freddy is singing? It's the lyrics to one song, to a well known queen song. We don't want the queen song, we just want what is the song that's Freddy's singing? Here? It is again? Are you ready?
Speaker 11: Are you ready for this?
Speaker 3: With the lights out?
Speaker 11: It's this dangerous here we are now ancertaining us. I feel stupid and cantageous here we are now an certain us?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 3: All right? Thank you Freddie? What is Freddy singing this morning? What's the song? Nine four one four one oh four to three? Good luck?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 10: Three Christian o'conls some weeks of tickets.
Speaker 3: This is just week one on the Breakfast Show. Ten weeks of tickets every single morning for the next ten weeks. At seven thirty your chance to win big tickets. This week it's all about. It's completely sold out. You can win your tickets. Go and see Queen with Adam Lamber. Next week is Elton John. We've got you two coming up as well loads more. Now only are you winning tickets per tickets every single day week. Be listening on Friday to see if your tickets get upgraded to the v v IP area. You're actually going to be watching the gig on stage. That's insane. What a great prize you get a backstage tall pre so function much to the prize value went over three thousand dollars. Good luck. I say the way we're doing it now, it's our Freddy Mercury. We have a very own Freddy Mercury. He's singing a queen song, but the lyrics he's actually singing to a very different song. You've got to work out what the song is, not the queen song, but what the lyrics to the other song. Are It's tough? Are you ready? Are you ready for this? With the lights out? It's this dangerous. Here we are.
Speaker 11: Now ansertain us. I feel stupid and contage us. Here we are now ancertain us. All right.
Speaker 3: It's hard because you get tracked into what you recognize as the Queen song, trying to know what that is without thinking about the lyrics. But that's the game this week, Amanda, good morning. Well on getting through, Amanda, lots of more trying to win these tickets. All right, what song? What song do you think Alfreddie was doing? What were the lyrics to?
Speaker 2: I'm staking getting myself now, but I'm pretty sure it's Webby Williams.
Speaker 12: Let me entertain you, hopefully.
Speaker 3: So many people texting in saying Robbie Williams, let me entertain you. But you've got to be through on the phones, Amanda. It's not the right answer. If you saw then that's my unfault. Amanda, Try again tomorrow, Try again tomorrow. Mate, You're close, but it's not the song, all right, mate, Very very similar. Catherine, good morning, hello Catherine. Yes, right, well, I'm excited. I hope hopefully you got the right answer. So you you heard Alfreddy. Do you think the song is he's singing?
Speaker 13: The song is by Levana and it sounds like clean spirit.
Speaker 3: Well done, you've won the tuckets. Yeah, it is this song good scales, tough to get. Yeah, what what? What gave it away? Then? Did you recognize some of the lyrics? Yes, that's tomorrow's game. Guess what Catherine said today? It is. Here is our Freddy singing with Nirvana with the live childs us I think he's blowing cur away the shade. They're jamming up there in heaven? Are they together right now? That's what we're listening to. Our Freddie is an amazing Freddy. Sound like I mean he is what he's called Gareth Hill And if you want to find out more about the guy, check out the website queenfever dot com dot au. Brand new song Tomorrow Morning.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three Time four five Topic Tuesday five phone ins one two three four five, all running at the same time to start in the next hour. Are your story? Is this you all right? In no particular order, Here is the top five five Topic Tuesday? Have you ever whether you've been in a KFC and macas wherever red rooster have you ever been eating your food? And a famous person has also been there. I've got a great story over the long weekend from a brilliant comedian, Ross Snoble. Where he used to live back in the UK was the same road as a can.
Speaker 4: I say, it's a great story.
Speaker 3: It's a great story the European Headquarters of Scientology and obviously there'll be a lot of buzz in his little, tiny, little CP village village I'm talking about that he lived in in the south of England when Tom Cruise would rock into town John Chivult as well. One day Ross went to his local KFC, as was his wont and it was shut to shut in the middle of the day. No explanation to shut feble days eight he went back there and he asked him what was going on if something broke and they said this they had to close for Tom Cruise. Tom Cruise ow all the food the a list a multimillionaire can have. He wanted a greasy bucket at a KFC.
Speaker 4: And to dine alone.
Speaker 3: And to dine alone you want people seeing him like that?
Speaker 11: Isn't that?
Speaker 3: Ethan from mission impossible? Is he on a mission right now? Is he looking for the Colonel's secret recipe? So have you been eaten? You're having any food or whatever it is, and there's someone famous there. That's the first topic to down five topics Tuesday. Here's another one. What will you never ever live down? For me? It's been asking a quiz show on TV. It comes up every year. It's even followed me here. I was hoping that you'd never ever find the footage. You'll hear about it when I was on a big UK's biggest TV quiz show, the Weakest Link, and they asked me simply, is that one of the first round questions to get all the empty headed, pin headed celebrities a quick, easy bit of cash on the board, Christian, how many legs legs does a duck have? I got it wrong four? I actually said four.
Speaker 4: You're quick as can be, though, four.
Speaker 3: I mean, if you're gonna get it wrong, there's no hesitation with this. Didn't whip. I will never live this down, even if I killed the common cold. That was? But is that the guy also thought duck has four legs? He thought of a duck in his head and saw four little webbed feet. So what will You Never Ever Live Down? We've all got these stories. I like to think, come out in sympathy with me this next hour, then on the show what Will You Never Ever Live Down? We all did this as kid as well. Things you did sometimes this was game, but might have been just a small thing you used to do annoy your parents. I remember sometimes it was a very short lived thing. I would as my dad was driving along, I would sit behind him and I just flick his ear. I only ever did it once or twice, and said he pulled the car over. He NOI like that game very clear to me. There'd be no more me breathing in that game happening again, the old flick dad's ear as we're going along the freeway.
Speaker 4: He reminded me. One with my dad in the car when he was teaching me to drive, I used to close my left eye so it looked like both my eyes were closed because he couldn't see my right.
Speaker 3: I'm now worried my kids are gonna hear this and try this in the next couple of years. When I've got I've been already been allocated to the job and two years so I'm a teaching my kids to drive. So you close one eye, the eye.
Speaker 4: Can see, so he gave the illusion that I couldn't see what I was doing.
Speaker 3: Comedy ensuite. Things you used to do to annoy your parents. Games you play at work. Last week we had a great email about someone that used to work in the Foxtail call center but overnight and we were talking about wrong numbers and there was one only one digit between the local pizza place here in Melbourne and Foxtail the customer service helpline. This guy used to get so fed up with people. Look about two or three in the morning, obviously had a couple of drinks and goodness knows what else calling requesting pizza and he gets so bored there he'd research what the menu was and would take their orders and chuck in a little free bonus coke as well. So games you play at work to while away the hours. And I love these stories. If you've been in your local newspaper, you've often got a story about it as well. You've got to do it. If you're lucky, you might have put your photo. I want to know what page number you are on, if you can remember that. Have you ever been in your local newspaper. Have you ever been in your local newspaper and nothing to do with the radio or Hamish Nandy or.
Speaker 4: This is a stretch. The local newspaper came to my school, took a photo of my teacher and had some of us students me included, running around her like we were crazy and now to control students.
Speaker 3: It wasn't a bad story about the teacher, was it.
Speaker 4: No, it was it's like, look what teachers have to put up with these, don't you.
Speaker 3: Have said studios?
Speaker 4: One of the was one of the blurry students throwing around.
Speaker 3: I could see that. All right, have you been in your local newspaper? Games you play at work? Things you did to annoy your parents? What will you never ever live down? What's your four legged duck moment? And dining with the stars? Those your topics. Give us a call nine four one four one four three. It's five Top of Tuesday nine four one o four three. Give us a call.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: So today's five topics on five Top of Tuesday. Five phone is running at the same time as always. Just have a listening. If there's any of these that spark your interest and you've got a story about, then you chomp on board and give us a call. Nine four one four one oh four three? Have you ever been in your local newspaper? Games you've played or play at work? To walloware the hours? Things you did to annoy your parents? What will you never ever live down? What's that one story or something that happened to you? And dining with the stars, have you ever been eaten? You to your dinner or tea and someone famous has been there? Or you have in your KFC in the middle of the afternoon. I'm not talking about Tom Cruise, but who is it for you? Nine four one four one oh four three Brittany.
Speaker 6: Good morning morning Christian.
Speaker 3: Hello Brittany, welcome to five till but Tuesday. Thanksgiving us a cool what's your story? Which one are you calling in about?
Speaker 1: Ah?
Speaker 12: Things will never live down?
Speaker 3: Okay, what's it for you? Ah?
Speaker 12: Well, my dad got me twice. The first one with me and my younger sister. He asked us how long the bridge to Tasmania was.
Speaker 3: That feels like a quick The next question question.
Speaker 12: Me and my sister said about one hundred meters maybe more I realized until I realized there actually wasn't a bridge to Tasmania. And now every time we go out it's like, hey, you two can go and drive over the bridge to Tasmania.
Speaker 3: Is there less of a bridge, more of a ramp than if there's only one hundred meters as well? All right, Brittany, thank you very much. Cool, have a good day to Suzanne. Good morning, Hi Christian, Susan. All right, Susanne said, little bit down, what's up?
Speaker 14: I want to I have a combined topic. But see I live in the local paper for something I will never live down.
Speaker 3: All right, okay, tell us all right, the first of all, then what's your story about being in the local paper? Just first of all, though she's on a wheel on hands freeze, just a little bit hard to hear you.
Speaker 14: Is it better?
Speaker 11: Now?
Speaker 10: There?
Speaker 3: You got it much better. We can hear you in full technical glory. Okay, So you've been in the local newspaper. What's the story.
Speaker 14: So I had my two sons in the back of the car. The school reads me to say your daughter is not well.
Speaker 8: She's in the office.
Speaker 14: So I said, okay, I go like immediately outside the school where the office is and running side to get my daughter only a couple of minutes, only to run back outside to hear between screaming that a bad man had had come and ransacked my car, stole my purse in my bag while they run it nowhere. So the office lady behind me, she rooms the police. All of a sudden the local papers there and it's the big drama because I left my too in the car and I got ran.
Speaker 3: Sicked and please tell me the twins are okay?
Speaker 14: Be twin to ak?
Speaker 3: How awful terrifying for them? How old were they then? There must have just been what two? Three were toddlers?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 14: God, it's between two and three day fifty now. And some months later I got a call from the PlayStation said, oh listen, we've come across this hall your apparently because you're person here your last is details whatever. So I went to collect my stuff and the comfortable says to me, oh you're the woman, yeah, yeah, yeah. They were in the car when it was round. I was only a minute I was quitting my daughter. I won't negligent, O were okay? But yes, all the wrong reasons.
Speaker 3: Right, okay, listen, Susan, thank you very much the call. We've got some more calls to go, but thank you very much for give us a call. Have a good day, U KY. All right then if you want to jump on board nine four one one.
Speaker 1: Four three Christian who Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: All right, let's take some more stories and calls on five topic Tuesday. Melissa glen Waverley, good.
Speaker 13: Morning, Good morning, how are you going.
Speaker 3: I'm good, Melissa. I hope you're well this morning. Thanks for calling us, and what's your story about?
Speaker 13: My story is about the time when I was on the front page of the MX newspaper in Melbourne.
Speaker 3: Wow. So this was like an old free sheet, wasn't it.
Speaker 4: When you've got the.
Speaker 13: Train the free commuter newspaper.
Speaker 3: You're on the front cover, not just in it, but on the front cover.
Speaker 13: Yes, I got Penelope Cruise off the front cover apparently.
Speaker 3: And why were you on the front cover?
Speaker 13: Well, I was driving to work in peak hour traffic and a Harry Huntsman crawled out of my heat events in my car. Oh, I freaked out and I abandoned my vehicle, and traffic built up so badly that there was the ambulance was called the fire brigade. The police came, which came, and there was a radio station traffic helicopter above me.
Speaker 3: That is amazing, Oh, Melissa, I love that that sort of thing. I do seriously, even though it's a daddy longlegs.
Speaker 13: Yeah, it was horrible. And that the front the headline was Harry Horror with a photo of me and a fake spider.
Speaker 3: I love they used the fake spider like some sort of chilling reenactment. Now, that is amazing horror. From then on, a huntsman just came cooling out the air. Then, yeah, yeah, those things are deadly, aren't they?
Speaker 13: Oh in my eyes, they are.
Speaker 4: They can't hear that was me.
Speaker 3: They need me to put me in a coma for six months for me to recalibrate. That sounds chilling. That's an amazing great headline as well, Harry Horror. Melissa, thanks for Sharon. That was brilliant, No problem, thank you. Have a good day mate. That's good to Zach. Good morning, Zach. You've also been in your local newspaper.
Speaker 9: Yeah, in Kinder, I was in the local newspaper all right.
Speaker 3: What happened?
Speaker 9: Oh, Peach got stolen from.
Speaker 3: Someone stole you guinea like a guinea pig wrustler.
Speaker 1: Like.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 9: So they were in a little guinea pea cart and overnight someone stolen from the guinea pea cart from the front of the kinder.
Speaker 3: And then the local news we're trying to fill in the gaps local newspaper, they came and they put you in the paper.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 9: So they came and took a photo of me, one of the other students and a teacher, and they put a photo in saying where's our guinea pigs?
Speaker 3: Spend a long long time on that headline coming up guinea pigs? And did they take your photo? Do they think? Could you guys look confused and a bit upset by the touch?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Well they made us have really sad faces on dunched up a bit, so yeah, we looked pretty miserable.
Speaker 3: Amazing. All right, Zach, have a good day, mate, thanks for calling by. Thanks Jack. All right, Chris Christoph Yes, hello, hello there, Chris. What's going on? Team? Okay? Chris, So you've got a story about what you will never ever live down on five till bit Tuesday.
Speaker 6: That's right. My sister loves to remind me of this when I was about six seven, and she used to babysitney, either herself or her friends. What I would do is I would rent my books and my comic books to them and charge them for it, and I'd get them to sign a little contract that said you're not allowed to open the book more than twenty degrees. You're not allowed to increase the pages of the comic book. Otherwise you have to pay me, damager.
Speaker 3: Are you now a lawyer? No, I'm in finance, that precise a man of contracts.
Speaker 6: There there was never any doubt I'd end up in finance.
Speaker 4: We should do a phone on the childhood contracts because I remember I can't remember what for, but drawing up a contract in the area that you saw in it bottom.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my kids wanted My kids wanted guinea pigs. I said, you won't look after them. I'll have to look after them. They made a contract that they both signed and it was like, what they're going to do. They're going to feed it every day. That contract was good for about thirty six hours. Thirty six hours. Let's go to thanks you cal Chris Mark in Mount Waverley, Coome Morning.
Speaker 7: Mark, Hello, how are you? Good morning?
Speaker 3: I'm good. Mark, you well this morning, mate?
Speaker 7: Yeah, pretty good?
Speaker 3: All right, Mark, And you're calling in about making it into the local newspaper as well. What's your story?
Speaker 7: Okay? What happened is when of the local newspapers rang me up and was found out I had a collection of antique black and white TVs from nineteen fifty six to fifty eight, of about two hundred of these TVs I've collected, and they asked if they could come and do a story about the TVs, and to my shock, quite a few TV stations turned up, and all these reporters turned up as a bit of a shock, and Burt news and walked in.
Speaker 3: Was he invited or is he just sort of need to got a toilet or something?
Speaker 7: No, No, he was invited. They wanted to do a story about him and history of TV at the same time.
Speaker 3: That's amazing. So how did you end up collecting all those black and white TVs? So not in fifty six to fifty eight?
Speaker 7: Well, what have I found one about twenty years ago in the hard rubbish? And I like to build quality in the beautiful woodwork, So I started collecting him and restoring him, and then it got to be the out of hand.
Speaker 3: Understatement, separate phone in next week or five to a Tuesday. It got a little bit out of hand, and so well, these would have been the old TVs, are him o then? So these would have been the old TVs. Were lot the valves in and stuff like like a work of art.
Speaker 7: They've got valves and their works of art like. The chassis were made by the manufacturers like Astro Empire. They get the chassis, they make the chassis, and they get a cabinet maker to make an elaborate wooden cabinet. And they were very beautifully presented in like in nine fifty six, a good TV was the cost of a small new car.
Speaker 3: That's right, Yeah, they were the things were built to last then as well. So Burtan Newton came round obviously TV legend himself, and what are they trying to what's the photo they try to do then with your TV?
Speaker 7: Okay, Well, we stacked the TV from floor to ceiling on top of each other, carefully about damaging them when we took the chassis out of the middle one which was a nine fifty six STC.
Speaker 3: I appreciate that as well.
Speaker 7: He knew all the brands, he said he used to advertise them when they when he.
Speaker 3: Was on radio before TV came out.
Speaker 7: And he recognized all the asters because he said he used to advertise asters, and he recognized all the models because he had them all in line from earliest the latest. And then he's got his head in the middle of the TV like he's there's no insight, so just the glass screen on the front.
Speaker 3: Look at this guy. He's in the TV, not on the TV.
Speaker 7: On the TV. But Newton was in the TV. Well, his head was in the TV. It was a small TV, seventeen inch TV. But it's quite a good quite a good photo.
Speaker 3: I bet it was. If you still got it now, Yes.
Speaker 7: It's hanging on the kitchen wall, and Burton's in a lovely gentleman Oh great.
Speaker 3: And he stayed for a cup of tea with you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he stayed for cutler tea and took quite a while and was talking to Mare. It was quite a fun day, actually.
Speaker 3: I bet it was.
Speaker 7: Yes, Bitty Shockers. When they said they're coming, I didn't believe it.
Speaker 3: Another one of those prank calls. My team biscuits out turned.
Speaker 7: I thought I better not tell anyone in case of Mega will fall with my son.
Speaker 3: That's a lovely story.
Speaker 2: Mark.
Speaker 3: Well, listen, thank you very much for calling in today. You have a good day, mate, Thank you have a great day. Bye bye bye bye.
Speaker 1: Now the Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: We've been doing five topic tuesa this morning while we run five phones at the same time. You're the star with your stories. Uh some of the must this morning. Then have you ever been in your local newspaper hearing some against stories about Burnt Newton and come around sticking and said for your TV classy Bert that is that is one oh one? Has that the old head through the empty TV shell chassis? Sorry? Games you've played at work or you play at work. Things you've done to annoy your parents, you know the things used to do, These little games you play just to get on their nerves and what will you never ever live down? If you've got anything now, you can email me today Christian at Gold one I four three dot com dot au. But last few calls Claire, good morning, Good morning Christians. Hey, listen, thank you very much for holding on during the song. I desperately get your call, so you're on us about when you made it into your local newspaper. I did.
Speaker 8: It was about nineteen eighty two, I think the royal wedding of Princess Princess Diana and Charles.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was this huge all over the world. Do you remember the big long wedding dress, the big long fail Yeah, massive events.
Speaker 8: I actually played Diana and I wore my big sister's first Holy Communion dress. So you know, nineteen eighty two there was lots of puffy sleeves and you know, lots of late and very javagant.
Speaker 3: So how on the what the local newspaper got you to re enact it with? Cool kid?
Speaker 8: This was a kindergarten in northeast Victoria.
Speaker 3: Wow, we and so the local newspaper then we're covering the fact that there was a kindergarten who were reenacting the wedding. Did somebody do not have TVs? The It would have looked like this today's news will be reenacted by children. Well that's great, and you got you were cast as Diana.
Speaker 8: I was Diana. Yeah, we had Prince Charles, Queen Mum, we had.
Speaker 14: Horsemen and coachman.
Speaker 3: That's brilliant. I'd love to see the.
Speaker 8: Photo there was about twelve kids in the kindom.
Speaker 3: Claire, don't you wish that? You know nowadays everything is filmed on our iPhones and stuff like that, but then it wouldn't have been. But you'd love to see the video of that now, wouldn't you. Oh?
Speaker 9: It was huge.
Speaker 8: It was huge, the biggest thing to hit til Angler in news.
Speaker 3: It's bigger than what happened at Westminster in with the actual Roy wedding itself. Clay, thanks for calling in mate, and have a good day you too. One last one Elizabeth, good morning, Hello, Hi Christian, Hello Elizabeth. Tell us about the games you've played at work.
Speaker 15: Yeah, so I went in a donut shop and this is about twenty years ago and there were some butchers across the way in the shop opposite us, and we used to play dodgeball pretty much. We'd try and when no one was walking past with a hurled donut at them. And they included on after attire instead of hearing.
Speaker 3: Sausages sausages versus donuts tonight on Channel seven. Oh, I love your version of dodgeball with donuts and then sausages. That is great fun. And the hours they would have just flown away at work. If you're doing that, I want to play that.
Speaker 14: Yeah it was a little gross, but.
Speaker 3: N it's brilliant. Yeah that's great and this thank you very much. Cool best one this morning. Thank you.
Speaker 4: Thanks Christian by the Christian who.
Speaker 1: Will bring for sure Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three tenkrab white days back. Making it easy for you trying to win instant ten thousand dollars here on Gold one oh four point three. If you catch us playing Queen I want it all again between six am and the start of the Breakthor show with us and six pm with Gavin Miller, you can try and win your instant ten thousand dollars. I have already played it once for the first time this morning. We have a TV studio here in the studio. Yeah, bang, I'm boasting. That's a well, we.
Speaker 4: Don't have a TV studio.
Speaker 3: We got a TV studio. Oh the dreams. When will it happen anyway? Sorry, Love Radio. We have a TV in the radio studio here. And just then I got confused and looked up to it and I just saw the headline. It was driven to extinction, but there was an image of Prince Harry and I was thinking our ginger pitching jab we're now an endangered species. Do we need to slap let at some kind of preservation order on them? I don't know. Uh So earlier today I was talking about how Pats had sent me, you know, about these door knockers, and Jack could also ask the question of me in the last twenty four hours about whether or not do you want to say what you actually asked me, whether or not you thought it was something to be alarmed about a flashing light on your car.
Speaker 4: I've admitted before. They don't know much about where the water goes, or the cool it goes in the car, or how to check the oil. I've got a light a couple of times now, which is a little temperature thermometer looking thing.
Speaker 3: What do you think that might be that?
Speaker 4: Yes, obviously is to do with the heat. And then the ticker is right up at hot the ticker, so well, what do you call that? The gauge is right up a ticker. Yeah, that's cool, And so I thought, well, obviously I'm not an idiot. Something needs to be done here. But then in a moment's a moment later, it's gone. It's back to normal. So I kept driving as normal. Then it came back again. When you're been driving a while, the enginecity heating up, maybe four minutes. So I was driving and then it happened again this morning. Turned it on and it was only two minutes, and then I thought, okay, I better go switch to be anchors cars.
Speaker 3: It's good that you've got timer, isn't it in the car? So we can note in your diary of today it's two minutes. I just put over and update my records. Yesterday it was four minutes to day? Two minutes?
Speaker 4: Now should I go under there? Because the last person actually to fill around under the bonnet was producer Beck when she burrowed my car. So I don't know what she's done under there to make the light start coming on and off.
Speaker 5: Oh, don't blame Beck.
Speaker 3: I think that's unfair, right, she said, what do you think she's trying to kill you or something? Take your jobs?
Speaker 4: Wow? What are all the lights?
Speaker 3: I bet you know more about cars. She's been brought up. Probably she will know more about cars. In your eye.
Speaker 5: When I borrow your car, that light kept coming on.
Speaker 4: It's out of water, so I had to put water in it, and that's what got rid of it.
Speaker 5: So it's just out of water.
Speaker 4: Again.
Speaker 5: You need to put more water in it.
Speaker 3: It's not like a cactus where can live without water for a couple of years. That car is I don't think there's a car in a worse state. If that was a human, it's on you know, it's on the watch list. Isn't it an emergency?
Speaker 4: Is there like a child? Services for having a car and how I'm.
Speaker 3: Taken to care or something put you in prison? It's barely a car.
Speaker 4: You didn't put enough water in? Is that what I'm hearing?
Speaker 3: You're producing? Duties will be to get the phones prepared the next day, show and water Jack's car.
Speaker 5: When was the last service you had?
Speaker 4: Never I bought the car second hand three years ago and I haven't got it hasn't needed I got. I got the tail light fixed, But that's not a service. He just did that in five minutes.
Speaker 5: You need the oil changed and the water done and the.
Speaker 3: Filters done exactly, and then obviously the water needs looking at too. That needs a death trap. Painter, what happened this morning because you were you were never late, right, but you were a little bit late and we were alarmed.
Speaker 4: So this time the light came on and wouldn't go off again, which is different.
Speaker 3: Basically, when that happens again, hear this crash code blue and they all come running here with the paddles. That's what people. We're trying to do to your car right now.
Speaker 4: All right, So you think this week take it to get a service this week? Today meant to say today, I know b got ham Shenandi podcast after this.
Speaker 3: Pats, do you know what we did today? He just swapped cars. He's left it with his who left.
Speaker 4: She lives close to home, she can ride her bike.
Speaker 3: At work time waste to cut up.
Speaker 1: Next the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Hey, come on in today's that work time wastter. You can win with your texts tickets to go to this weekend's huge super fight. It's the UFC back here in Melbourne for the biggest UFC fight not just off the year, but ever the same, Robert Whittaker defending his middleweight title against Adisanya this Sunday at Marvel Stadium. You can win a pair of tickets with the best at work time waster Today a World Vegetarian Day. We're looking for your vegetable movies. The creature from the Black Legome really good.
Speaker 4: But is it a leg woom of vegetable legome?
Speaker 3: Yes? It is.
Speaker 4: Okay, well there you go.
Speaker 3: It's fact. No one on the team google From Here to a great I'm going to give a bonus mark to anyone who can get a turnipin. There's something funny about turnips. Okay, can we all just agree on that? From Here to an Monty Python and the Holy Cow. So you just chose to eat something.
Speaker 5: It's about the only thing cals good for as a joke.
Speaker 3: I am okay, chief medical advisor to the show. It's awful, so so very good super food. I tell you what is nice. If you can make kal chips, just make a little bit sprinkle with a little bit of olive Yeah. Did she put a little bit of hemlane rock so on them?
Speaker 4: Yes she did olive oil.
Speaker 3: Yes, you haven't tried mine. I'm bringing them in tomorrow. Cow chips on me. Everyone, I'm like Oprah, here, I am legend, I yam legends and soy anything eighties movie, soy anything. Let's just remember how fun it felt when you heard your first From Here to e Turnapee. I peaked at turnip today from here to a turnipee. All right, what are your vegetable movies? Jack?
Speaker 4: Catch me if you cantilope Citizen Kale.
Speaker 3: But the only thing it is good for a joke.
Speaker 4: We bought a Zuchini, very good, nice, and he died with a falafel in his yem.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a tupa, it's a toopa. All right, what have you got then? Vegetable movies on World Vegetarian Day? UFC tickets up for grounds for the best ones in the next ten minutes. Text them in now oh four seven five o three one oh four three oh four seven five three one oh four three The Christian.
Speaker 1: O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Let's see what you've got today for the outwork time wasister a World Vegetarian Day. We're looking for your vegetable movies. Don't forget Jack as your marketing these. Keep in mind the best one today, the best gold we get. You've got tickets. We're going Sunday. Can't wait. I'm excuse you. It's UFC fan, It's UFC two four three here in Melbourne, biggest UFC fight Ever, Witterker versus Adisanya. You can win your tickets today, Hooch and turn it.
Speaker 4: Yes, you asked specifically for a turn up one, so I guess I'll give that a gold.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Hayden a mentor and well done die Hard with a vegetable.
Speaker 4: Wait, but was it who Turner and Hooch? Yes, mm hm, bronze for that last person. Sorry, the wrong way around they did the wrong way.
Speaker 3: In suns Out Gold's Out dumb and cucumber Golds shut outs Web. I tried to look for one, very very clever of Charlottes Wet well done the bean mile, Silver, Fairest Beetroots, Day of Genius, Genius, Gold, Doug's well done, War and Peace God plus Pete in Abbersford World twenty eight leeks later.
Speaker 4: Silver Zucchini Lander.
Speaker 3: Sorry, silver got too excite that at a while went onto a loop there the corn identity silver plus pump King Kong Gold, Jamie and Lara. I hope Lara is a location that isn't a rude thing, is it right? Okay? Get all these places you know, Jamie and Laura. That's enough, sir. The family. When Harry met Celery Boom that's very good silver plus and Seaford Blazing Salads Silver plus. Carraplanca Silver. Aaron Brockolovich, that's good gold. How to train you turn it bad? That's genius. Come on, that's a great turnip based one Carrots of Fire. Ah yes, Silver, Nanny mcpee, Heather the horse Raddish Whisperer Silver, Lord of the Onion Rings Silver. How I did not meet your mother as in meat?
Speaker 4: Very clever, but not a bronze minus.
Speaker 3: It's not meat either, not like he's saying, not meat, Oh clever. Sorry, I'm dumb, Gerard, well done. The perks have been a cauliflower Silver plus. Okay, right, who's winning the tickets? Nanny mcpee, Yes, Heather, I hope you're a usc bad and I see men and women lots in a cage and fighting with each other. We will see you there, Heather.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's gold one four point three.
Speaker 3: So earning the morning and pass his news. It's a what a dream week. Then first of all Richmond winning and that dominant start of the weekend at the Grand Final, and then now we're finding out that so they're getting the freedom of the city.
Speaker 5: Well, the city of yarras proposing that they get the keys of the city and go down in an open top bus down Swan Street as part of luck.
Speaker 4: Is there anything more that Dusty can win? Seriously?
Speaker 3: Like he also won a peat guarantee you're going to be listening Dusty.
Speaker 4: He also won Player of the Finals on top of the norm Smith And I mean they're winning everything. I've had a look at who actually has at the moment a key to the city of Melbourny.
Speaker 3: Because you remember years ago it used to be think same thing in London. It was called the freedom of the city and it'd be awarded to someone in a big center. It's a big thing and then you don't hear it so much anymore now.
Speaker 4: Well, it seems we gave a lot of hours away in the nineties.
Speaker 3: That was a big run out of keys to get some more cut Less than forty keys have been given away to now. Is it more like one of those hotels sort of swipey things. Wait, you leave it near your phone, you're gonna go back in the lift. I think I think the missus had it near the phone and can you do it? Again. And who's who has currently the key to the city.
Speaker 4: So if Richmond do get one, no football, no football team or no football or has ever won one, really you win one? I guess I.
Speaker 3: Thought this happened occasionally. Then we're the Victorian team winning it.
Speaker 5: No, usually Olympians or politicians.
Speaker 3: So Tigers didn't get it two years ago.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, no football team has won. There's only three people that you wouldn't be surprised with. John Olivia Newton, John Kathy Freeman, all well deserved. The rest of them are a bunch of questionable people.
Speaker 3: Don't tell me.
Speaker 4: I'll just give you my top three of people I think. I mean they would be lucky to have a key to Melbourne. New Kids on the Block kidding me?
Speaker 3: I mean the Tigers smashed the opposition.
Speaker 4: Paul Eddington from Yes Prime Minister.
Speaker 3: Should that is random?
Speaker 4: Now, I hard they know Paul Eddington on the show, Yes Prime Minister. But I know it's a popular British show.
Speaker 5: Doe play the main character. I think that show was huge.
Speaker 3: But in the early eighties.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think so. I guess he came here. I'm guessing he came here during the nineties when we were Everyone gets a key New Kids on the Block in a key, Dolly.
Speaker 3: Parton, get me mister Bean can inspector Morse as well? E of the TV shows that make it out here as well?
Speaker 4: And what are your favorites that they refuse to play on this radio station despite your best efforts. Who's Kenny Rogers has a key to the city?
Speaker 3: Well deserved Richmond FC Kenny Rogers? Is that right? Hell to Kenny Rogers, the singer of the Gambler, get the key, the freedom to Melbourne. There's hope for me of the next couple of years, folks. Somebody have that. That is amazing. Nice one chat the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Everybody get down, enjoy this sunshine. It's going to be like this all week.
Speaker 5: Yeah, twenty seven Thursday.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, Hey, the teenager went to the Royal Melbourne Show yes today.
Speaker 5: How did she like it?
Speaker 3: Absolutely? Loved it? Yeah, showbags came back with five showbags. Obviously we're new to the whole showbags thing. She came in. There was like a really great one that had about twenty little fun sized crunchy bars. I love those she went with her friend. He was a boy, so no.
Speaker 4: More, I got to meet the boy who is a friend.
Speaker 5: Remember I've already met him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they went on a scary ride. She told me that it was quite scary, but luckily her friend, who was a boy, was there to comfort her. And straight away I knew what that move was.
Speaker 4: Now the old yawn on the ghost.
Speaker 3: Goes out and round the shoulder. Anyway, so I'm drifting off here. Just get out and enjoyed the sun shine. Tuitler Today show is sausages versus doughnuts. Enjoy the rest of today. We are back tomorrow morning. Thanks for listening, Have a great day.
Speaker 1: The Christian o' connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three