Speaker 1: iHeart podcasts.
Speaker 2: You can hear more Gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app.
Speaker 3: Got anything Good?
Speaker 4: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Hey this is Christian here. Thank you very much for checking out today's show. Now, if you listen to our show, you're already one of us. But why don't we take it a step further? I invite you to join our exclusive bright Siders Platinum Club. You might have noticed I'll started calling the show the bright side of the Dial. It's our way of letting you know what are shows about, what we stand for. And the bright Side is Platinum Club is our very own inner circle. So come and join us. What do you get when you join the bright Side is Platinum Club. You get your own membership card. You can also get access to our private inner circle. It's a private Facebook group. In there are first alerts early ideas before they become anything on the show, which means you can outshape the show and also say no before something becomes a bad idea on the show. You get the time wasters the day before when Rie and I come up with the ideas of the time wasters, you'll hear them before anybody else.
Speaker 1: Also, every Friday, dropping into.
Speaker 2: Your inbox a unique private message from me to all the bright Siders, only the bright Siders, not for on air. So if you want to join us, the only thing I need you to do is text the word bright Siders to oh four seven five three one oh four three. I look forward to seeing you in there and now enjoy today's show.
Speaker 4: You a Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Coome on in Rio, Good morning, come on in Patty morning.
Speaker 5: Everyone.
Speaker 1: All right, let's talk about the weekend. Heads.
Speaker 2: We call it the bright side of the weekend. What are you looking forward to this weekend? What is the highlight for you?
Speaker 6: And okay, I said, Friday is funly here.
Speaker 7: Done to hang out with your friends. You've made Then through the week to the broadside of the weekend.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow at first to me as I'm going with nine buddies deep sea fishing.
Speaker 1: I went to Chimis Warehouse yesterday.
Speaker 2: I got my anti seasickness tablets, quells and a couple of listeners Tommy to have two tonight before bedtime and then two half an hour before we set south on.
Speaker 1: The boat that caught jaws.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, they reconditioned it cannot wait, so curious to see what it's like.
Speaker 1: Fascinating to know that if I didn't catch any fish, I mean, I don't know. Do they train you up on board.
Speaker 2: I'm sure that they ever had someone who's gone deep sea fishing who's never been deep sea fishing. It's a hell of a steep learning curve in one five hour boat trip.
Speaker 7: It is like normally people start maybe tossing a line off the war beach fishing. You're going right into the belly of the beast out there.
Speaker 1: And hopefully not Rio. I've got to see it Monday.
Speaker 2: Worst Christian, he's in the belly of the beach. He's got my phone reception. He will still do the show. Pasi, what are you looking forward to this weekend?
Speaker 5: I've got a huge day today. I am taking to the stage. It's an International Women's Day event with Briani Dawson at Keuyong Tennis Club in Melbourne. And yeah, the celebration of women continue. So I'm really thrilled to be asked to And what.
Speaker 1: Are you doing? You're doing a keynote, is it?
Speaker 5: Q and A yeah, talking yeah, Q and a talking essentially about the podcast Rage Against the Menopause, which is my podcast on the iHeart platform.
Speaker 2: What are you going to do with that this year? Why don't you start doing some live recordings?
Speaker 6: I am.
Speaker 5: I'm recording today, recording in today's Q and A with Christy March from Channel seven and alongside Briani, who is fabulous, who will be singing. They are incredible, so I'm really looking forward to it. Hundreds of women in the room, a lot of from all fields, nurses, teachers, CEOs. So I feel very honest.
Speaker 2: Passive people might be listening right now, they might want to come along to that, change their plans today.
Speaker 1: Where can they find out more? Get tickets mate?
Speaker 2: Yeah, onto my Instagram and you're going to do the a deal at what we told you about taking money from listeners to credit card details and the old three digit crimes. Don't be scamming listeners. I know money is tight at this place, but let's not be reduced to scamming our audience.
Speaker 5: So it's just Betrated Jones New Minutes, Leah consulting at them, who is doing it? She does this every year. She does an amazing effort and it's just you know it's women celebrating women and propping women up. But it's going to be a lovely day. I can't wait.
Speaker 2: Awesome Now I know why there's your like a sort of wardrobe hanging on the news store.
Speaker 5: Yes, I've got my hot pink suit today purpose passion, power yet power color Today only girls wear color.
Speaker 2: Awesome, all right, And so if they do want to get tickets, they slide into your DMS.
Speaker 5: Is what you're saying, basically to my DMS, and I'll hit you up. Okay, Now, I won't hit you up. I'll get your set up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't worry.
Speaker 2: We can tidy up that language during the show today, Patsy. Sometimes Patsy sounds like she's done ready for a very long time, and today's the first time she's ever spoken on the radio. Both can be true. It's the paradox of life.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: What's the highlight for you this weekend?
Speaker 2: Christian, I've just got a new puppy yesterday, create training over the next couple of weeks. That is like having a baby. Our twenty one year old daughter Ruby. She is after a puppy for twenty first or no she would have just graduated, and I went, oh, yeah, here's that work.
Speaker 1: When you graduate, you've got to get a job.
Speaker 2: Ye having a puppy for about the first three months when they're like creating that, it's like a job.
Speaker 1: It's a lot of time.
Speaker 2: I said, your job, unless you're going to go into being a professional dog trainer and toil the world competing, your job is to get the job, not raise a puppy.
Speaker 1: No, so it never is being a parent.
Speaker 2: I thought by the time they're like nineteen and twenty one, I just be sipping my ties in a recliner. It's more intense, it's more complicated. And also now they don't have to an they don't have to listen to it needs a consultant. I prepared some findings. Yeah, just leave it over there. I thought you might want to go through it. No, no, and you get a lot of I don't want to talk about it, and so, yeah, the puppy thing is just like so at the moment, I'm reduced to sending email links with articles.
Speaker 1: To dissuade her from getting a puppy.
Speaker 2: A band's case, a banan's case. Anyway, it's because I don't want to be an absent dad. There's a dog festival on this weekend. We go and chat to the breeders. Now, I don't know if you've ever brought a puppy from a breeder.
Speaker 1: They vet you like.
Speaker 2: Their vetting process are more intense than what we've had on this show. We would add some of the old space cadets we've had in an out thedoors rio in this place over the last couple of years if dog breeders were doing the vetting process. So anyway, my I said to my wife, that feels like a mum daughter thing to go to that whilst I'm off to the footy where all dog breeders got to hang out.
Speaker 1: All right, Rya, what are you looking forward to this weekend?
Speaker 7: Well, Patty's on stage on Friday and I'm going to be on stage on Saturday.
Speaker 2: What a stage and do slide into tms? Yeah, and you will hit them.
Speaker 6: Up slightly less edifying event.
Speaker 1: It depends what edifies one.
Speaker 7: It is a heated rivalry which is the biggest show in the world at the moment. It's a very steamy gay drama and it's a lookalike competition hosted at a local nightclub, which the event has.
Speaker 1: So many dots you need to join you.
Speaker 2: You're going very quickly for people just woking up that haven't like the week bits right now and go wait, what is a steamy gay drama okay in a nightclub?
Speaker 1: And what's his part as a lookerlike you?
Speaker 7: It doesn't make any sense. The more I explain it, it's not going to become clearer. But essentially what happens is we've got a packed sold out nightclub and then I assume we all come on stage and have a small sort of two minute performance where I'm.
Speaker 1: Going to do for two minutes.
Speaker 2: They tend to be a gay hockey player, I guess, So I mean you got a dance, someone interviewing you, or just just are you paraded around in a ring?
Speaker 1: It sounds a bit like I've seen shuts.
Speaker 5: You need like a dance or something do you do.
Speaker 6: Otherwise it's going to be really I know, how do I feel?
Speaker 1: Two minutes?
Speaker 7: I know, I don't know if you Someone suggested re enacting, but the scenes are very good.
Speaker 1: Reenacting.
Speaker 7: No reenacting is through the route to go down. But I don't know what else I don't I think, yeah, maybe they'll put on music.
Speaker 2: I tell you what, when you were talking about this yesterday, you had a lot of gusto and you were talking about you're talking like a winner. Now fair is here.
Speaker 1: You know who's gone your head? Patsy, No, I have not you have in my head because it's just how she celebrates women by crushing gay.
Speaker 5: Men, well by saying that I don't really see that you resemble.
Speaker 7: You, but the whole competition is about me resembling him, So that really.
Speaker 8: Is the core.
Speaker 2: I told you to go to Rebel Sports. You get a hog stick, it's a hockey drama. We'll have something and you wave it around a bit. That's that's maybe nine or ten seconds. Gay gay said night, that's winner, Winner.
Speaker 7: I'm nervous because what if it's already an embarrassing enough sort of event to be going in.
Speaker 1: Let's be honest.
Speaker 2: I think I think people should be more embarrassed. I see people that go on tours dressed as Lord of ring characters. I will judge you, I will celebrate what you're doing. Be free your favorite TV show, I know, but still I'm thirty three year old man.
Speaker 1: That he should have.
Speaker 2: Because I think you're going to be going up against a lot of younger guys.
Speaker 1: Yes not, I think so too. It's a young guy's game. It is. And they're like, wait, it looks enough to have like a more future. He doesn't have to be doing so I have to win. I have.
Speaker 7: I enter a heated RIVALI lookalike competition at thirty three and louh, how did I wake up on Sunday?
Speaker 2: You're saying right now, I don't think you ever fully come back.
Speaker 1: No, you can't. I don't think. I don't think hard to come back from something like that.
Speaker 6: Part of you does.
Speaker 2: I'm right now, right now. They are daily mail news dot com to au. They're looking for radio breakfast news stories everywhere they.
Speaker 1: Hear about this.
Speaker 2: Suddenly, for a couple of hours, there's no Carl and Jackie O stories. Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa Wow. This is insane radio sidekick fels fels gay steamy lookalike competition.
Speaker 1: Not the Golden look is going to be the headline.
Speaker 4: Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: I was watching the news yesterday evening right and uh, there's been this big ongoing story this week as if two AFL stars are the new Ned Kelly's. I've been horrified, horrified with the way these two young lads have done what a lot of young lads do. Have a couple of small beers, and Shenanigans happens. Shenanigans has happened. They're having to do this awful kind of basically like hostage videos where ashen faced where you know, and the reporter was talking about one of them going and friends say that he is.
Speaker 1: A shell of a human being.
Speaker 2: Oh like, so wait there in America, it was a pre season thing. They had a night out, a few drinks, They got on a scissor lift, got up to two meters in the air. The police said, hey, lad, you shouldn't be up there. They're agreed, came down, got arrest his spreend the night in the cell. They've got to do sixteen hours of alcohol education, possible community service. They've got to go back to Arizona for the sentencing. And it's just like this is you know, these days we moan that they're too boring, that sports stars are done. This is how they used to carry on. It would even make the news. One there's been stripped to the vice co captaincy. You would have been promoted to the captain. The actual character would be stripped because there was another legend who's gone to America and got airborne or scissor lift after a night out. The way they're being hauled out on the news is that these terrible ned Kelly likes serial killers videos where they have videos, so.
Speaker 1: I just next thing on the I work up in a cell. I was laughing. I'm not encouraging criminal destruction, but it's like, come.
Speaker 4: On the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: One of the great phrases in life is when you hear yourself going out loud, there are two types of people in this world, and you're clearly you favor one of them that you're in and the rest of the other people are people who are lesser beings. We all do this when you find itself going well, there are two types of people in this world.
Speaker 1: I guess last two women did this.
Speaker 2: Christian, there are two types of people in this world, those that set and wake up to one alarm and those fools that set twenty alarms and snooze ten times. Then there was a guy who on Thursday night had been watching beauty and the beast?
Speaker 1: Is it Christian?
Speaker 2: There are two types of women in this world, those who prefer the prince and those who prefer the beasts. Maybe talk on that thing today, Patsy. There are two types of people in the world Christian, those who put toilet paper over the top and those savages that like it under.
Speaker 1: Christian. Those who used black pens and those who use blue. That's a yes, who's I'm a bluey?
Speaker 7: You know, I was gonna say I consider blue un serious. Yes, I think black black harry the sort of weight and authority.
Speaker 1: And yet when you're doing a form it say's always used blue ink.
Speaker 5: Yes, I've lost my black. I've got a blue today and I just don't feel right.
Speaker 1: Oh, you're very unserious.
Speaker 5: Like I got out of bed upside down.
Speaker 1: There are two types of people in this world, those who.
Speaker 2: Get out of bed and those who get out of bed upside down.
Speaker 1: And you know what, there are two types of people in this world. Those who can broadcast radio.
Speaker 2: Christian are two types of as well, those that stand in front of the elevator doors and those that stand at the back.
Speaker 1: You're right, there are a forwarder or front aren't you Christian.
Speaker 2: Are two types of people in this world, those who fold and those who scrunch. Can we come out of the bathroom if there was like fifty percent of this? It's just about wiping habits, all right, couple of you on to me. Two types of people in this world, those who wash up as they go along and those who should be in prison.
Speaker 1: It's hard wash up as you go along.
Speaker 2: You've always got a little bit of downtime, you know, that's waiting there, that simmering.
Speaker 1: I'll just do a couple of bits here.
Speaker 6: One day.
Speaker 1: I hope to be like that. You aspire to something.
Speaker 2: There are two types of people in this world, those who indicate when changing lanes and those who one day will have to account to God.
Speaker 1: Patsy.
Speaker 5: For me, it's people at concerts. Those who stand at a rock concert, which is the right thing to do.
Speaker 2: Yes, enjoy the music, get up in China, and nice who sit down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like what he's doing sitting down? You're in a concert. Get up on your feet. What about okay?
Speaker 7: Depend I agree mostly, but what about say ed sheering, are you standing up or he's sitting down?
Speaker 6: Because he does say three hours? Are you standing up for three hours of ed.
Speaker 1: No, you're like some of the sower ones or something. The foots tapping, he's cranking out. You can't sit down. He's anti being a human being and he's cranking out.
Speaker 2: Go away, girl, you're down for eighteen hundred pppropriate suddenly like lost b and as you goes what are you doing?
Speaker 1: It's two tights of this world.
Speaker 5: People who sit there with their arms following.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm with you.
Speaker 8: Yes.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's a big thing of the moment, isn't it. Yeah, people are like yes, having to go and shouting each other. Rial, what's your Two types of people in this well.
Speaker 7: People who wait at the front counter and people who are brave enough to ding the bell.
Speaker 2: My wife's sting, my wife's sitting. I'm too scared. I'm too scared. I wished in life to.
Speaker 1: Be a dinger. I married a dinger.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, that's how it works. So two tights of people in this world, dingers and the undingers with the cowards.
Speaker 5: God wouldn't have put a bell there if he didn't want you to diner, That's what I'd say.
Speaker 2: And you're right, you're right, because they might be at the back, they don't know you'll love this. So last year we were checking into a hotel and my wife said, can you just checking Chris. I'm just I'm going to go and part the car. I went, finally, go and do that. There was no one there, right, And then I did nothing for a couple of minutes. Then I was getting anxious. I'm watching the complying on them. I I was going to hide the thing, and then this little feather comes out of the bat and he goes, oh, I'm so.
Speaker 1: Sorry, sir, why didn't you ring the bell? Oh I didn't see.
Speaker 2: I said, I didn't sit there, it was right, There's no way, and he he judged me and found me lesser.
Speaker 1: And then my wife came.
Speaker 2: In and I took a step back and he went, yeah, said the adult here, pick up the admin.
Speaker 1: Why did you run those bags up?
Speaker 4: There are Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: There are two types of people in this world? What are they rich?
Speaker 2: And there are two types of people in this world, those who went fast food places leave out an item such as dipping sauce in the takeaway bag, and those like my wife who will go and ask for that barbecue.
Speaker 1: I think this has split along gender lines.
Speaker 7: I think women have the bravery to go back, and I think every man I know is too cowardly to go back.
Speaker 2: I try and justifind I wouldn't say cowardly, Can I just say it feels pathetic?
Speaker 1: It is. They're busy people, you know.
Speaker 2: It's more like maybe I shouldn't have such a high sugar content dipping source. You know, maybe they're trying to look after me, or it's a.
Speaker 5: Gift, and then complain for the next two hours.
Speaker 2: Your sauce was like, yeah, no, true. Well now I can complain to my wife the dinger and she will go back. Where is that sauce. That's a great one, Dave, Thank you very much, Lisa. This is a great one from you, Lisa. That Christian there are two types of people in the world, those who stank the dishwasher like a Scandinavian architect and.
Speaker 1: Those who stack like a raccoon on meth I'm a Scannadian.
Speaker 2: I'm a Scandinavian architect and it's the only thing, the only thing in home that I am a sticker for.
Speaker 5: I need to see a photo.
Speaker 2: It's meticulous talk us through your So basically it's just about ease of empty, and because the worst thing about the diswatch isn't stacking it, it's when it's done.
Speaker 1: It's hellish. Yes, make it easy on in your future self.
Speaker 2: At the end of the forty five minutes cycle, knives are together, forks are together, spoons are together. So then you're just grabbing a handful, handful, drop drop. It shaves off about thirty three seconds. I don't think I haven't timed it to prove it to people in my house who are doubt us. Two tons of people in this world, Christian pineapple on beats of people and weird those who don't like it. I agree with you, Richard. I don't get the snobbery. It tastes delicious.
Speaker 1: Sweetness, the sweetness Christian.
Speaker 2: Two tons of people in this world, the ones who turn left, all those who when they're turning left will swing out way too.
Speaker 1: Wide all a sudden, and they've just got like a under jazz and they're acting like, what just bring this big old twenty two wheel around it? When you got a fire truck there and wringing it round? Why do they do that mood? You're in a camray mate, just turn left. You didn't just swing out east steady as she goes.
Speaker 2: Oh, we make this corner, Michael word, good morning, Christian. Are two types of people that swelled, Those who stare at servers in the belief that they will get their fast food quicker, and those who have a thing called patience.
Speaker 6: No, it's not steering. You've got to do the eyes, the big eyes.
Speaker 1: Big my eyes. I'm willing them on.
Speaker 2: I'm alwas like a fan in the stands, you know, I you know, I'm winning my team on And we're on the same team here. We're on team fast food. You like making it, I like eating it.
Speaker 1: Why can't wait? It's not you and me, Christian.
Speaker 2: Two times of people to swell, those who put their shopping trolley's back and those that don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, our Patsy is non returner.
Speaker 5: Excuse me, I am not you have said many times, I get my disc back. I need my little shopping disc.
Speaker 1: There, Christian.
Speaker 2: Two types of people are the drivers that let you in the ones that they pretend that they cannot see you.
Speaker 1: Christian.
Speaker 2: Are two types of people in this world, which are you? Those who walk up escalators.
Speaker 1: But can't they have somewhere to be, and those that just stand there.
Speaker 2: I'm afraid after years living in London, you do not stand standing on an escalator. You get moving, You've got somewhere to go. I don't understand the drifters.
Speaker 6: What's the point of escalator? Otherwise just take the stairs? Escalator?
Speaker 1: Is this so you don't have to walk up? You don't have to, but you can.
Speaker 2: I remember, I remember me, and we want some of the London underground where the escalators just stopped moving.
Speaker 1: They just stopped right And.
Speaker 2: There were these two old American tourists right, these big Yanks.
Speaker 1: You go to me, what do we do now? And I went, I don't know, use it as a stairs. They were just stood there. I don't want to carry us up. What's going to happen now?
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: John, we think it's incredible that someone has woken up this morning and they are now a multimillionaire.
Speaker 1: They have fifty million dollars.
Speaker 2: They want it on the couch whilst watching an AFL game, And if you saw the game I'm talking about, at least they got something from it.
Speaker 1: As a mutual fan, I stopped.
Speaker 2: But if someone was going to say, hey, fifty million in it, then okay, I'll sit my ass back down. This story is incredible. So this guy gets emailed. I didn't know if you win, that gonna make say to send you a casual email.
Speaker 1: Doesn't seem like a note, no, And he just did.
Speaker 2: He was like, yeah, right, deleted it of course, thought it was spam, like anyone would do. And then they offously then start to ring him and go, hey.
Speaker 1: For reals, what for real? For real? Yeah, for reals, come on, it's incredible. He's one fifty million. What do you do? You're just sitting at home? You win fifty million? What's your next move? Like, what do you do? You're sitting in your lound room.
Speaker 2: And also now there all news outlets like pats in everywhere is saying it's a dad. You know, anyone who works with a dad who doesn't come well, Alex is actually off work today. Oh yes, you can't trust a single dad not coming into work today. If they're suddenly they were all right all week and they're not in today, they've probably won fifty million.
Speaker 1: He was probably watching the foody.
Speaker 2: He's a sports right, and he will be the guy who be a bit simple enough not to trust that someone's saying you know, touch the forest, gums about him blush you know. Anyway, right, heavy Friday on the show, then we call it double thumbs up. It's our Friday recommendations. It might be a new TV show you want to stream over the weekend, or book you want to read, and please share yours.
Speaker 1: What are you really enjoying at the moment? What are you into?
Speaker 2: Four seventy five three one oh four three booking? A TV show for me?
Speaker 1: A book?
Speaker 2: Finish it yesterday evening. It's called A Marriage at Sea. I don't read tons of non fiction, but this is a nonfiction book that read like a page turner fiction. Once I got into it, I become obsessed with it. I've been going to bed too late this week because of this bloody book.
Speaker 1: Just hear about this story. This is a true story. It's called a Marriage at Sea.
Speaker 2: In the seventies, British couple just a hum drum couple, Morris and Marilyn, that get married. They fall in love. There are just good people that would live next door. You wouldn't know much about them. However, he's into sailing, she's not. She gets into sailing. This is what happens in a relationship. They decide that actually they'd like to set up the house sell from the UK around the world to New Zealand. They get a boat. He's a skilled navigator. However, midway through the trip, in the middle of the night and they've got no radio transmitter, a well smashes their boat in half, sinking it.
Speaker 1: There's no radio transmitter. This is in the seventies.
Speaker 2: They're now marooned in a very small dinghy together for one hundred and eight eighteen days.
Speaker 1: It's you and your partner.
Speaker 2: So all the things you know we were talking about half an hour ago, how sometimes you're drawn together because of similarities and what you see in each other. You're also there's parts of you where you complete other parts that maybe the other person doesn't have. Suddenly, when you're on a boat, I'm guessing for one hundred and eighteen days, you think about how much we love our partners. But one hundred and eighteen days you cannot escape each other. You're going to irritate each other. The things that initially you found quite cute and now we're going to become problematic. So mal And the woman is very extrovert, and she keeps their spirits up every day more sadly, you see emotionally deteriorating and fading away as he's losing the will. They've got no gear to catch fish. They have to use safety pins what to try and spearfish. There's one bit where she Marilyn drags a shark right, a basking shark into this dinghy, and they butcher it and eat its liver? Are that or they die eight one hundred and eighteen days stuck in small dig in the middle of the ocean. Their flares don't work. When they see passing ships, you just think you're going to die in the boat. How would you not lose hope? The book is about that. Wow, it's a true story. It's incredible. The great thing is is that the middle of the book suddenly they're rescued. The rest of the story. Think we're only halfway through the book is then what happened to them afterwards? That bit, and this is where the great writing kicks in is even just as incredible. What happens to that couple. They became huge, huge chat show stars around the world, but they were never the same again. It's an amazing story, and it's a very short book. You read in a couple of days. It's called A Marriage at Sea. Sophie Elmhurst is the author. I cannot recommend that enough. And a new TV show. Steve Carell, one of the most comic actors in the world, is in a brand new TV show called Rooster. It's brilliant still the first episode this week. It's the guy the head writers, Bill Lawrence, who also did Shrinking and ted Lasso and scra which is back at the moment. And if you're a Scrubs fan, John c Riley is in this.
Speaker 1: I love it, yes, and he's got an incredible character in it. It's so good. Really really can't recommend enough. That's very good.
Speaker 2: But the book if you're looking for a great book to read, and you'll read it in a couple of days. It's an insane story and as you're reading it, you will put your own relationship in it. And I'm thinking I would have just jumped over that boat after about the third hour, Sarah, good.
Speaker 1: Luck take me Sharks, if we'll have your way with me with me. A Marriage at Sea is what it's called.
Speaker 4: Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Christian, if I won that fifteen million dollar jackpot, I'd still go into work, but just for the last day, just to rub it in.
Speaker 1: That's the victory. Laugh. Wow, okay, Darren.
Speaker 2: Two tights of people in this world, those that win fifty million dollars and keep it quiet, give it yourself, and who want to rub it in all our faces?
Speaker 1: See your suckers.
Speaker 2: Christian TV Chamone enjoying at the moment being Gordon Ramsey. We've just started to watch this new documentary on Netflix. Right, let me see if you recognize this premise. Gordon Ramsey is putting it all on the line as he takes on his visit biggest restaurant adventure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, cut to him looking at a restaurant with his wife, going, I don't know if I can do it. I don't know, I don't know. What's all they're going to remember? A whole legacy up in smoke be the ovens are late. That's first five minutes. You get it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Yeah, okay, I've seen it before and I love that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm all, but it's a lot of you say, they say documentary, this is as scripted as maths, you know, But I'm still in sure.
Speaker 6: What was that last one he did, the Secret Service one where he pretended to.
Speaker 2: That's one of the greatest TV shows ever, one of the greatest TV shows ever.
Speaker 1: Amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Christian, I see on stand that the movie in Urremberg is finally on derecommend it. Yes, it's a brilliant movie, really really good. Russell Crowe doesn't get enough kudos. Such a great action still doing great movies as well. Partially, what's your double thumbs up this week?
Speaker 5: Well, I am a true crime fan and Amityville an origin story we are writing too on Prime. It's a full part documentary series about the Amityville murders on Long Island.
Speaker 2: But it is a really close I want to just say as a respectful broadcast of the way you went it is about the.
Speaker 4: News.
Speaker 1: She's like death bombs. I love this.
Speaker 5: I do love true crime.
Speaker 1: I do love it in this k like a real kind of like fetish. Now, I love it. I love it. I just go get it out think about it.
Speaker 5: You know, this is brilliant and it looks at some of the conspiracy theories about the whole situation, and one that a lot of the Clevelands believe is that there's this evil spirit on the land where the house was built. Anyway, I loved it. If you're into true crime and historic crime, you might like it. It's on Prime.
Speaker 1: True Crime is the biggest Johanna in for TV and podcasts in the world.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so hot right now, Lady Gaga crime.
Speaker 5: Can you believe it is.
Speaker 1: The Possessed land that is doing it for me? Chris?
Speaker 5: Can you believe it's thirty years since the Birdcage movie came out? It's thirty years ago.
Speaker 1: I saw I saw that's right, talking about the other day.
Speaker 5: Yes, and so he puts something up on Instagram. I saw it yesterday. It was quite funny and how agadore the house boy. Her voice he modeled off his grandmama. And and you know, sadly now Robin Williams and Gene Hackman aren't with us.
Speaker 1: But it's one movie way ahead of its time as well, beautiful movie.
Speaker 5: That it is the one movie where I have been sitting in the cinema and I start crying. I am laughing so.
Speaker 1: Hard, and you normally doing the only fas true crime. That's right.
Speaker 5: It doesn't matter how what he did to them, it doesn't matter how many times.
Speaker 1: We watch it.
Speaker 5: It's one of those great family classics that we'll just put on and it always makes you feel better. So thirty years it's on Prime. If you want to catch up with it again, what are you into the moment?
Speaker 1: Real?
Speaker 7: I am loving Traitors season three. I don't know if you guys have watched Traders. It's been around for a little while.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it is. Oh it's brilliant.
Speaker 7: It is, I reckon, probably the best new reality show in maybe twenty years, maybe since Survivor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree. Yeah, it's smart, isn't it. It's brilliant.
Speaker 5: So it's the premis.
Speaker 7: It's set in Scotland, in the Highlands, in this beautiful, lush castle.
Speaker 1: My friend Claudia hosted Clodie Winking. We're with the big French. She is, yes, twenty five years. Yeah, she's great. This is she She dos are but she's really good.
Speaker 7: So there's twenty what they call faithful. It's twenty people trying to build up a prize pool to win. At the end of the game. There are two or three secret Traders who have been sort of randomly.
Speaker 1: Selected and they have secret meetings. Parts isn't a bit like the Mole. It is very similar to the Mole, except so every better.
Speaker 6: Every night.
Speaker 1: The traders kill one of the faithful, and they have to do something like touch that touch another person's face. Yes, yes, yes, and.
Speaker 7: Then all the faithful, everyone in the group has to banish who they think is the traitor that night. So you see like people become really close best friends then turn on each other.
Speaker 2: It's it's and also because they all know what the show is, they're all paranoid anyway, and so you know what, we just make up stories.
Speaker 1: We're just find evidence to fit the theory.
Speaker 2: They're all going, I think it's so and so, and there are other people in it who are very good liars or they're over selling somebody who I think it's them, you know, because you see the they didn't pick up that bit of rubbish, so I think, oh, I think you're sort of thing a trader would say.
Speaker 7: One of them was one of They voted out this poor girl because she didn't cheers when they all said cheers to the faithful, and she didn't cheers because she had like a broken arm or something.
Speaker 1: I didn't cheer because I had a broken arm, and they've voted her out.
Speaker 7: It is the very best and what it on ten? It's on ten player, Yes, yes, you can watch all the US seasons, all the UK seasons. The US season is actually hosted by Alan Cumming.
Speaker 1: Who's incredible. Right, I didn't know that.
Speaker 7: Pick any season you want, they're all amazing. But season three US I'm watching at the moment and it is phenomenal as well.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Every Friday, we turn the show over to you and to a giant jukebox. We call the people's playlist. Yeah they were.
Speaker 8: Listening, and call him and choose and the music and just when hit eh.
Speaker 7: Somebody made the station charing play the.
Speaker 8: People's play listen, create.
Speaker 7: Calling and help Christian songs for Friday show.
Speaker 2: All right, today's theme songs with where or they're in the title. Now, are we accepting like the suffix of somewhere?
Speaker 6: Yes, I think so, I think?
Speaker 7: And also any homophones, So where we are theirs?
Speaker 6: All versions of it?
Speaker 1: Listen, read the room.
Speaker 2: The Impacts don't even know what homophones are, and they certainly don't. All right, they're not tuning for homophone chat. This is the ABC today. We're getting into syntax on Syntax Friday.
Speaker 1: Is that wait?
Speaker 2: Is that a new band on Triple J I'm signed and this is new from the homophones?
Speaker 1: Where all there? There you go.
Speaker 2: That's my language, I translate what Rio just said. He's got two degrees.
Speaker 1: Hi, Patsy, what have you got any homophone here? Please?
Speaker 5: Pat I want some spice Girl's action today.
Speaker 1: Say you'll be there, please banger. This is a great.
Speaker 5: Big rumors that they may be to their thirtieth anniversary.
Speaker 1: All right, or just made up?
Speaker 5: A lot of innuendo?
Speaker 6: Will then a rumor?
Speaker 1: Have you heard who's banging so and so? That's innuendo? People touring.
Speaker 5: There's been a lot of shut up after did Rio said phones only after pashing scripted where they all performed kind of unofficially at the party, everyone's you know, and mel C came out and said that they're in talks. So will we see it?
Speaker 1: Innuendo? Steamy chat there, Patsy, steamy chats uh Ria, What are you going for? Where all? They're all homophones associated?
Speaker 7: I'm going for where big Friday song? They're in the country at the moment. So if you're listening dead a basement, Jack's this is where's your.
Speaker 1: Why was he up for them? I wanted to think you've never talked like that great song, great film.
Speaker 6: Clip with the monkeys with human faces.
Speaker 1: Yeah, terrifying.
Speaker 2: All right, So songs to the where all they're in the title called us now thirteen fifty five twenty two.
Speaker 1: We're looking for.
Speaker 2: Big Friday energy. Now this is something completely different. I guess, Keene, we're a big band in the two thousand huge band. You might not recognize the name of the band, but you recognize this song. It's been in so many TV shows, Beef recently Glee. You know a Beef that was a great show. A couple of years ago. Glee did a great cover version of this as well. Also not the number Grays in Natomy Nerve, but it is in season one, episode two. I'm talking about somewhere only we know by Keen. Beautiful song. All right, what song would you love us to play? Big Friday songs from eight this morning? It's the People's playlist songs will wear All they're in the title.
Speaker 4: A Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: If you want to come and join the inner circle of the show, please do. We call our show the bright Side of the Time, And if you want to join our Platinum bright Siders membership club, you can. All you need to do is just text the word Brightsiders. Just the word bright Siders, nothing else to our text number, oh ur seventy five O three one oh four three. You'll get a link, You get your own membership card, you get access to our private members the bright Siders Facebook Inner Circle adults who get a message from me every single Friday. You do not need to confuse me by emailing me. Lead me to the bright side, which Lisa van Lilly has done. And I've been staring at the last minute thinking what is going on here? There can be no side action Lisa, And is that a new way of doing it now? By emails informal? But an emoji there lead me to the brad. I don't want to say it's very important. It's a lot of innuendo running, but please do not put stuff like that in there. Lead me to the bright side. It's it's distracting.
Speaker 8: And yeah, they were listening and calling and choosing the news marriage.
Speaker 7: Somebody made the station charting the people's play listen Christian.
Speaker 1: Calling right now?
Speaker 6: When help Christian songs for Friday show?
Speaker 2: All right, today's theme then where all they're in the title? And of course Rio an advisory from professor of words on the show.
Speaker 7: All homophones accepted, Where Where, Where there there they are?
Speaker 1: They are not understanding any of that, my friend?
Speaker 2: What are the underrated credit house songs? Definitely playing this till the next hour. Now we're getting somewhere. This is a brilliant song as tech camera bang from the eighties, Somewhere in my heart. Quick check the chart position I can't come back today from another punch?
Speaker 1: Tell the one too? Is this is the one that kicks off the hour? I think it is Rembrands. Anyone knows this? Whenever you request this, you know the song from Friends, the Fountain song.
Speaker 6: I don't think I never heard.
Speaker 1: The verse of this.
Speaker 2: Now one of you has been very creative. We're saying songs with where or they're in the title when we accept were wolves, I'm Richard, Yes we will. This smells on Friday Saloon bar from Bar somewhere.
Speaker 1: Number eight. Oh wow, well all right, let's take some calls. We're all there and the.
Speaker 2: Title what do you want us to hear? We got here, Jason morning, We're good. Jason, thanks for calling the show. What's your song?
Speaker 1: You'd love us to play?
Speaker 9: Classic banger?
Speaker 1: We're not going to take it from twittered sister, big hair, Big songs, Jason, I love it. We'll stick that on. Thank you very much. Have a great weekend, Caleb, welcome, good morning. How are we I'm good, Caleb. How's your weep? Bim Ah?
Speaker 9: Productive?
Speaker 10: Lots of work and yeah, just measured out some stuff right.
Speaker 1: Now, so yeah, measuring it out.
Speaker 10: Oh, I've got to do some pop soiling, so got.
Speaker 1: Listen what soiling? Top soiling? Oh god, you're doing the garden. Yeah, what are you doing in the garden? Rock A.
Speaker 10: Well, I'm a maintenance gardener, so I'm at a park right now, just making sure I know where to put some top soil and for a job to be handed over.
Speaker 2: Listen, if you're in a public park, you're going to make sure you put that top store on the right place. You can't be burying a children's play center or something like that, or skate park.
Speaker 1: Caleb.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Busy day day, busy day, same here, same here. Another day for me is being productive, playing tunes, have a good time in between.
Speaker 1: And Kaylie, what do you want? What do you want me to play?
Speaker 10: I would like to hear wherever you will go by the calling.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, lighters in the air, all right, the phone, it's up in there.
Speaker 2: That one.
Speaker 1: Ah, yeah, we're not allowed to being lighters anymore. One of those in.
Speaker 2: It's a top soil classic. Katrina, Good morning, Welcome to the show. Indicators on Keep it Safe hazards.
Speaker 1: Hey Katrina, Hi, there we go, there we go. We're got to shout to you. I'm being productive here, Katrina. What would you like to do? What would you like to hear? Oh?
Speaker 7: Do well from the eighties.
Speaker 1: We're the Streets of No Name by you too.
Speaker 2: I'm going to struggle just to pick a couple than because all the ones they've suggested so far are brilliant.
Speaker 1: It's got one last one. Sophie, Good morning, Welcome to the show. Hi Christian, Hello Sophy.
Speaker 2: You're on the school run right now? Yeah, now, Sophie, what would you what's on a Friday? What have you got at school today?
Speaker 11: I have got some really boring subjects at school and Netlan probably.
Speaker 2: That's a tough day. What listen, we need to play you a song to try and cheer you up a bit. What would you love us to play?
Speaker 11: Could you please play Everywhere by Fleetwood Mac?
Speaker 2: Now, how can you know about Fleetwood, Mac, momre Dad, get you into them.
Speaker 11: I listen to the radio with my man.
Speaker 2: A lot she got You've got a hardcore rocking nana. Yeah yeah, oh and so does Nan listen to the show.
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, pretty much?
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right? And as nana got a nana name, what's she called?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 2: Clary Sawah, Doris, Cheryl Cheryl. That is a solid solid.
Speaker 1: You don't mess with Cheryleryl. Eryl.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I don't want to get my tie slash, so I'm definitely going to play it during the next hour. Sophie, good luck today. I hope it goes well. Thanks to calling the show.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much, and I've got you. I'll play your song Ferrel Cheryl.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Right now, it's story time, Story.
Speaker 5: Story nationhir self comfortable?
Speaker 1: What's going on there today with you? What's going on in every day? I beg you not to make it weird.
Speaker 5: I'm making it weird.
Speaker 1: Story leave now. Patsy's just been looking at her stars. Alrighty, alrighty, get over the stars.
Speaker 2: Enough typical larious behavior. Though Christian around for a reason. It is time for you couldn't make it up. We are on the search for the most wild story you can tell us. As soon as we hear it, you're automatically going to win the money. It's on a big competition. We're going to drag out. When we hear it, you ultimately get your money. Well does a five thousand dollars every day. We are blessed on this show with stories, and we really want to find the very best story you've got. Christine told us this week incredible story. Her stereo was stolen from our workplace, and then she went and reports her police. They more or less accused her of it being an inside job and thought it was very odd. And then an uber drover turned up with the stolen sterion the thief had had to change your heart and sent you back. Still the police thought it was strange Christine's story, and then there was how do you begin to describe this story?
Speaker 1: By Kevin? I let the main man tell you this incredible story he made of mine.
Speaker 12: His gutters were full of leaves, so he threw a rope up and over the house, through the pagola and inside it to his wife's car because she was away, flowered himself down, tied the rope around his waist and was cleaning out the gar Then he felled himself sliding up the roof. His wife had come home and was going to go to the shop, drove and dragged him up over the roof, ripped the pagola down. He landed on the driveway and tried to get to his feet to chase it down the driveway. The biggest injury he'd had was all holes in his bum from the roofscrews as he was slid.
Speaker 7: Up the roof.
Speaker 2: That was the last Friday, one of those stories we're gonna remember at the end of the year, just the imagery involved.
Speaker 1: Now, this was a wild story from mum Jess.
Speaker 3: I gave birth to my second son in the car while my husband was driving. As we got to the end of the street, he's head crowned. I said, my husband, we're not going to make it. Then yeah, ten seconds later his head was out. Another ten seconds later I just kind of grabbed him and put him up.
Speaker 13: Onto my chest.
Speaker 2: Now, the way the audio producers have edited that to make it quicker a time, it sounds like she gave birth to a husband. She went from a husband and his head crowned but have the money what you gave your husband?
Speaker 1: What a country.
Speaker 2: Do you have?
Speaker 1: My husband and his head crown? All right? Who we got here?
Speaker 2: We got Sarah on the show Now, Morning Sarah, Morning? All right, Sarah. You couldn't make it up? What's your story for us?
Speaker 13: Well, where I live, when it rains, we get a lot of leeches. And one night my husband had taken the dogs out and come back in and we're all sitting now and watching the TV. And next thing I could see this leech bounding across the floor, essentially looking for a flesh. And anyway, I was just my husband, I'll pick it up, pick it up and put it outside. And he picked it up some piece of paper, but refused to put it outside. Instead, he made his way to the bathroom and I said, don't put it down the toilet. Don't put it down the toilet. Anyway, he put it down the toilet and flushed the toilet, but it wouldn't go down, and instead what it started to do was crawl up the toilet.
Speaker 1: Oh it's stranger things.
Speaker 13: Into the little orifice where the water comes out.
Speaker 1: You mean the machine, right, don't you don't mean on? You consed right, Okay, yeah, that's a lot going on right now.
Speaker 13: I got a buttle of salt to try and push the salt down the little hole and to kill it. Anyway, nothing will get.
Speaker 1: This leach out and stronger.
Speaker 2: It's becoming more self aware exactly. It's the leech that won't go away bad.
Speaker 13: Anyway, we kind of left it and I said, well, you're going to see that again next morning. Anyway, went around about our business. My husband went to the bathroom in the morning for his you know, constitutional and that was that. Got the kids ready, drove the kids to school, came back, and again he went to his bathroom when he came home. Only when he went to the bathroom and dropped his decks, this massive gorge leech came out onto the floor and there's blood running down his leg everywhere.
Speaker 1: Oh god, leach, did he say when when you go to that point? Say?
Speaker 2: It was like a massive leaps, like a third leg. Don't go It was like one of those micro you know, Yeah, you.
Speaker 1: Couldn't see it.
Speaker 2: You and I you're going to get out of magnifying glass. It was a piece of hair or something. It was Weld's biggest, world's biggest, least verify actually against book of records visible in space, Great Wall of China.
Speaker 1: What a story. You couldn't make it up.
Speaker 13: Absolutely not.
Speaker 5: He didn't listen to me.
Speaker 9: He didn't listen.
Speaker 1: This is what happens. This is what happens.
Speaker 2: You will get leached, all right, Sarah, incredible story. Thank you very much for calling up. Have a lovely weekend, mate, you too, Thank.
Speaker 4: You, Christian Connor Show podcast.
Speaker 2: You couldn't make it up. Our search for your incredible stories. The best widest story we get from you is going to win five thousand dollars. We've got Ella on the show now. Good morning, Ella.
Speaker 4: Hi, how are you?
Speaker 1: I'm good at I have you had a good week so far?
Speaker 4: I have?
Speaker 1: I have?
Speaker 11: Hopefully it's about to get better.
Speaker 1: All right, Okay, I love the confidence, So off you go.
Speaker 11: So I definitely have a story that you definitely couldn't make up even if you tried. So, my sister gave birth, the only catch being that she had no idea she was pregnant until she was actually giving birth.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: So there was no warning sign like a giant bump, no around or no.
Speaker 11: She thought that she'd gone out the night before with her boyfriend got home, felt really sick. Kind of put it this down into like gastro or just not being well. Long story short, it got progressively worse and worse and worse, and then she was thinking, I've got like I've eaten something. I've never gone back to that restaurant ever again. Went to have a shower to cool down. She was screaming and like saying it was gitting so much worse. Has her sister. I'm thinking, you're being super dramatic. We've all had gas, she said, a bit ridiculous. Come on now. Her boyfriend was much more attendive than what I was. He decided to call an ambulance, which was really good because less than ten minutes later, she's screaming and she's realizing that something isn't coming out where it probably should, and there's a head crowning and she gave birth in I think about fourteen minutes.
Speaker 1: You hear about this happening, But I was so quick, and I.
Speaker 11: Think because she had like she had no idea, so she wasing like catch and she thinking I've got through poisoning or gastro or the bug or something. So it was at that point where it was like there's no other option right now, like she's coming. Luckily that he did call the ambulance. My niece is absolutely beautiful. She's so healthy. But she had no signs, no symptoms, she didn't have a bump. She did, she didn't like morning sickness, tired, absolutely nothing, and baby was full term as well. I mean, I witnessed it, but I still don't believe it.
Speaker 1: You already couldn't make it up.
Speaker 11: You could not, So I was thinking this whole time, Oh my god, she's so dramatic. She has you know, gas stro she's screaming and note incredible.
Speaker 1: Well, listen, thank you very much your story. It might be you. Thank you very much for showing. Have a lovely weekend.
Speaker 11: Chs, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Wow story all right, it's got a Matt now, Matt, good morning, welcome.
Speaker 1: To the show.
Speaker 9: Good morning, gang, how are you.
Speaker 2: I'm good, Matt. Thank you very much for cooling and rule it is. He got a great story for us.
Speaker 9: So we're traveling between chang My and Chang Ray and I had a bad pig tide of the night before, so I really had to go. So my wife pulls over on the side of the road, I've got no pants on. I'm leaning up against the car. More runs, more runs than Donald Bradman on a good day. And then all of a sudden she takes off, she dives away, and I'm sitting there in the middle of the rush, on the side of the road, having done what I have to do. And then all of a sudden, a tigh police car they go behind the prelude pulls up and he's sitting there, look at them meat And I swear to guy, he must have been eating peanuts in the front seat, thinking it was a movie night. And I'm going like, how am I gonna like wipe.
Speaker 1: My bum and stuff or of that bagg of nuts.
Speaker 9: All of a sudden a bog roll comes in and lands at my feet, and I turn around and then the rice field and there's twenty people there.
Speaker 1: Incredible, this is great incoming. That's when you need a friend.
Speaker 7: You've got a friend, Guardian Angel, Yes, wow, what Why do your wife just.
Speaker 9: Drive off because she thought it was funny? Here My thirteen year old boy was in the carry.
Speaker 1: And so it is funny. It is funny. Easy imagine my family doing that to me.
Speaker 9: I've got no panton, I'm bogging up and then we got it.
Speaker 1: We were already there.
Speaker 9: We don't clean up.
Speaker 1: All right, Matt wild story, It might be your story. But thank you very much for sharing. Have a great weekend.
Speaker 4: To a Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Now yesterday on the show, just a completely random message. But one of you, Wade, one of our bright side is actually Wade, said Christian. Is that Lionel Richie screaming in dancing or ceiling or is it Homer Simpson? Anyway, this is the bit in the song he was talking about. Now that is the actual song. Okay, this is Homer screaming from the Simpsons. You know that big scream he does. It does uncanny.
Speaker 1: Wow, it sounds like Homer Simpson in there.
Speaker 2: Anyway, were Wade obviously very exciting he wanted to share this with me, and therefore all of Australia and Australia wants to thank you back Waite for doing that.
Speaker 1: And olviously he's rushing. I get it.
Speaker 2: We get a lot of typos in the morning and also even sometimes when you're typing it incorrectly, spell check that also correct is absolutely useless.
Speaker 1: It's completely arbitrary.
Speaker 2: What a waste of money. It actually makes your grammar worse. I don't understand take it off either. Don't tell me how I want to found this word. But he said, instead of dancing on the ceiling, it was dancing in the ceiling. That's a horror song. That's actually quite frightening him. Somebody, if Lena Richie is dancing in the ceiling, is.
Speaker 1: That buddy Lana Richie very again out.
Speaker 2: To his Shenanigan's Richie. So thanks to Wade, we're trying this as a time waste today. Change a word, change a song. That's a time waster. Change a word, change a song, or thanks to bright sider Wade up for ground sylvest in the show today Gold Class group ass for you in three mates go to the cinema on us.
Speaker 1: All right, change a word, change a song? Baby got backne different vibe?
Speaker 6: Are you rapping about it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Truly madly creeply, wake me up before you throw though. Random and the Beatles. They used to play it pretty loose, they did back in the day. You know it's peace, love and drugs. Got to get you into my wife.
Speaker 1: Christian, not to get you into my life.
Speaker 2: The thing is is Wade made me you don't change your word, change a song. The rules got to get you into my wife. No, John, don't hear gold must be the cables. I'll get you an, I'll get the engineers real.
Speaker 1: What do you got, prowd Mary? Great song?
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, AUSI version proud Gary, Oh Gary, so proud of his daughter studio widow.
Speaker 1: It actually perhaps has been politely saying it's smarter than naughty one. Yeah it was funny.
Speaker 6: Glory Day's great song. What's a scary version?
Speaker 1: Very mighty days? Gory days? These days? What someone's stinking up today at the fold? Oh two bronzes.
Speaker 6: Don't encourage your patsy under the bridge.
Speaker 2: I guess it's just getting used to what it's going to be like. Your heated rivals look alike to my life.
Speaker 1: When you get food off, Yeah you will. You shuck radio by people.
Speaker 7: Do keep screaming that up under the fridge, not under the bridge, or no, Anthony keat us down on his knees.
Speaker 6: He's got to clean under the body.
Speaker 1: Okay, I have a cool time now on that actually know on behalf of radio on throwing them in the white chaul? Tim, can you get a white chaul from now? And my Son's What have you got? Then change a word, change a song, change your co.
Speaker 4: Host Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Time for the time waste. Now change your word, change a song.
Speaker 2: I've had to sprits the studio with some of my essential oils because of that smell you lift.
Speaker 1: In here with those time wasters. Wow is shame? Okay, we got it all right? Change your word, change the song.
Speaker 2: You're ready to mark I'm ready Andy Stubbs, Stubbs, He's got tiny dentist silver where the streets have no shame.
Speaker 1: Come on, We're on Rio Street, Danger.
Speaker 2: Grown Silver born in the m m a. Not in the US A m m A. I mean I love thee. But what is that doing at the White House?
Speaker 1: You know it just like what a year? It kind of makes sense, you know, makes sense.
Speaker 2: Jesse's Nana, Unsavory Bronze Me and Bobby McFerrin, not Bobby McGee. Bobby McFerrin, don't worry, be happy And I like Madonna bacterial girl. Oh that's better on Unshane Sharp Bad Goon Rising, that's Creakered Ashley, all the Pringle.
Speaker 1: Ladies shadies love a.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ladies, how much do you think you will take the Pringle Corporation to get the rights to do.
Speaker 1: That too much. Here comes a hot chadder. What yeah, don't Glenn.
Speaker 2: Hold a note? Spam eater silver stairway to seven eleven. Wow, we it's his first of the year. He shoots, he scores, buddy, that's it. We love a try and that is Paul. That's a great one. Came art not.
Speaker 1: Very good, double plus could be gloved Silver? Who let the frogs out? Silver?
Speaker 2: Now, Bob Dinner is a classic song. Mister tambourine, man man, what about mister trampoline? The image of Bob Dinner and his little mouth organ harmonica and that you ukulated bouncing down singing on trampoline is my image of the week.
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 2: What on? Shane Peter Gabriel's a beautiful song? Don't give up? What change a dn give up? Just knock on the head. It ain't happening.
Speaker 1: Age of treason, Oh, topical one for that guy, you know, the one that kick town. No not Carl Hillbilly Jean.
Speaker 3: Hill.
Speaker 1: Billy Jeane is great Paradise schnitty Yeah, you know what? You know what? Why not?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: The Beatles hit come the Runs, Ron Grime a liver rons, what's lunch got to do with it? That's one for the old Sandwich Club. WHOA what's last? I likes it? Brad Bishop Christian, I just sneezed twenty four times? You want the full story for Monday?
Speaker 2: No, but one of our producers, Tina, will rush your straight through on air based on.
Speaker 1: What's it record?
Speaker 5: I forget not greatly to go something ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, Rio, who's the winner today? Hey, mister tramp, you can't do it. You haven't the stone.
Speaker 2: You're gotta go way more. Get your voice from ye put that larynx up in your sinus. M It's actually horrible for your voice. Ruin, isn't it ruined? It's the stench those time wastes again, probably coming back around you did earlier. Alrighty, well listen, I'm off deep sea fishing for the first time tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Good luck.
Speaker 2: This feels like audio. You're going to play back search searching on Monday. You know that he was last this one.
Speaker 1: I'm on deep sea and there I'm from England. Take this chart out. I've never fished before. How does it work? I start with my line?
Speaker 2: Anyway, I'm off for the first time of a me and nine guys on one boat. What could possibly go wrong? It's going to be someday tomorrow. Anyway, hopefully I'll see you on Monday.
Speaker 1: Good luck.
Speaker 2: Thank you in a bad decision you've made that can only lead to misery and embarrassment.
Speaker 1: Thank you for the confidence.
Speaker 2: What grown ass man with a mortgage takes part a lookerlike competition?
Speaker 1: That's a good A good.
Speaker 2: Many years ago, I was at about something backstage and I met Robert Plant, legendary front one with led zet right, very very very funny guy. I don't know what it was, but someone was talking about karaoke and I said, you know, you ever been somewhere we hear someone singing your song? You must have had that sometimes He goes, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: Worse than that.
Speaker 2: He was once drinking with some friends and there was a led Zeppelin karaoke competition. His mate said that no one knows we look at these days, why don't he winter? He came third, He came doing his own soul. Maybe a Monday show. Anyone else entered a looker Like you competition? I actually think you're going to win it.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: And Patsy We're all so proud of you what you're doing now, and I hope you really enjoyed today as well. I know it to go really well. All right, everyone, have a lovely weekend. We are back Monday. Well maybe I'm back Monday. If not, come and find me. I'll be somewhere out in an ocean screaming.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell show on podcast, HiT's a Chemist Warehouse And save more money every year on your regular medication with discount of prescriptions in every store every day