Speaker 1: Has it been like, you know how people are always popping in to have a look at this place? Has it been like that since day one?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 2: Those venture capitalists.
Speaker 1: Yesterday, dude, you weren't here. Was it just you and me? We popped back yesterday and there were people in here and we're like, what's up? And they're like, oh, I'm just showing these guys around and we're chatting and I'm like, where are you guys from? And the guys like these are some venture capitalists that are trying to raise funds.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the guy was was he annoyed that I started telling him about the room and stuff. He was like, oh, I guess you're doing the tour And I was like, I don't give a ship man.
Speaker 1: We just had a lot of YouTubers in here.
Speaker 2: What do you call a group of YouTubers?
Speaker 1: Virgin?
Speaker 2: Is that the collective?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: Collective for a group of YouTubers?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: There was forty YouTubers and they are the future. What they're doing is real entertainment. Some of them play video games and people watch them play video games.
Speaker 1: They refer to us as old media. Old media.
Speaker 2: They look at us like where the fax machine, where the troad wives.
Speaker 1: They didn't have so a lot of people have been popping in to have a tour of this studio. Tennis officials here as shown being like, look at the podcast we do. Everyone can I say, pretty impressed by our presence and we have a chat. Those YouTubers, four of them just elbowed me, like when I was trying to get into the room. They didn't give a crap about it.
Speaker 2: They you should have introduced yourself as high I'm obsolete. I have to say. The highlight of my day every.
Speaker 1: Day is seeing all of us in here.
Speaker 2: But when Aceman, when Ace tenderdly reaches over me to adjust the levels.
Speaker 1: It's a slow reach over. Because you've got some options with the reach over. You can go hard in quick. He very slowly, so he doesn't say he's doing it. Can you could say, hey, I'm just coming in here, go quick. Instead, he goes so slowly that it becomes a way to you what's happening.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's a nice little moment. The other option is you just go, hey, Mike, maybe drop the levels on one a little bit.
Speaker 1: I know, if you guys can say the camera but Mike's got all that. Mike could be in charge right here.
Speaker 2: It's the access is crazy, right.
Speaker 1: Ace man, you keep doing what you're doing. Mate.
Speaker 2: We love you. We on show me Perfect Tennis lands this stuff no way. When it began, there was one hundred and twenty eight women, but now we.
Speaker 1: Already down to four.
Speaker 2: We started four hands, two handed, backhands, some go out time, most going. Lena Elle Na semi finals, looking good, good, so good, so good. Sadba Linca, Reina will take the wind she probably should, prop should, probably should pro j A per Gula playing tennis really good, so good, so good, So you do the next All right, back Ellen makes the final. Probably good. I like it.
Speaker 1: I wanted more support.
Speaker 2: Well, we're getting a clap. It's a sarcastic clap.
Speaker 1: We did a sarcastic clap when we you know, we're talking about that. Before the show started, you assured me they would get involved.
Speaker 2: I thought, I mean, just from being you know, drunks that hang out at karaoke bars, they would get behind that. So good.
Speaker 1: So yeah, why have you know, hard liquor out at this time of the morning if they're not going to get involved?
Speaker 2: Paper hide sick. Get some bubbles up here.
Speaker 1: You might say that was a perfect segue by me, perfect segue.
Speaker 2: Here we are again at pod Labor Arena or what are we? Dated twelve of the tournament?
Speaker 1: Bye, isn't it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? We're at the Business and Tournament pointy and uh and as always I'm joined by my co host, the Chris Everett to my Martina and never till over. Sam taunted, Hello.
Speaker 1: Mike, and what a pleasure it is to be here. Yeah, in this sacred space.
Speaker 2: It is sacred.
Speaker 1: It is sacred. I feel like, are you stopping?
Speaker 2: No, I'm still going.
Speaker 1: Oh sorry, I thought you then looked down and said something like that. No, maybe it's not sacred. Maybe it's haunted. Actually I'm hearing noises, there's ghosts.
Speaker 2: I think it's sacred because every day I kind of lay them out on the floor and face towards mecha do you? But it's the Meccha brand activation.
Speaker 1: Did you write or that?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: I'm what that's off the cuff. That's unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Hey, how you have no faith in my comedic ability?
Speaker 3: Dude?
Speaker 1: I don't. I'm just like, I'm just always shocked by I had a quick peek at your notes app before when you're out of the room. Huh, and you know went through your photos and you know private text messages as well. But the notes, there were jokes written in there, just ready to go. Yeah, yeah, you're writing a lot.
Speaker 2: But that's like just insanely creative thoughts that I come up with a data dair basis.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, that's so interesting, so interesting.
Speaker 2: Did you see the one that said I dated a none once and by none she was a zero out of ten.
Speaker 1: It's ready for the stage, that's for sure. That is for sure my reaction. Don't let my reaction, you know, put you off with that joke. Okay, Yeah, I think I think that's good. I think it's ready to go.
Speaker 2: Well, we'll put it out to our loyal listeners. Write to us at Partler at Tennis dot com dot au suggestions. Let us know what you love from the show, let us know what you wanted us to talk about.
Speaker 1: And you're a nun and you were offended by that judge, let.
Speaker 2: Us not by none do you mean a zero out of exactly? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, who you answer my question? So we we have an email from a fan. Let's see if you can pick who this might be? Sam as I read it out to you, Okay, it says just a quick email to say hello, listen to the pod for a bit and then just skip to the player interview.
Speaker 1: Okay, fair enough. I've heard that before and that's fine.
Speaker 2: It's hurtful, love the song. Wow, I'm a bit concerned about Ace's welfare. He's never been unhappy.
Speaker 1: What did you do that's on him?
Speaker 2: This might reveal who it is. It says, also nice to hear you went to the Channel nine box. What's that like? Cool that Mike took you there on your first day. I guess I'll go next year.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, this is getting pretty personal now.
Speaker 2: I would never have mentioned Ryan Shelton on the pod Snooze Benchance to the best Aussie accent by far, Miss you all Love dead Weight, Lizzy? Who that was?
Speaker 1: Lizzy?
Speaker 3: Who?
Speaker 2: That was? Lizzie?
Speaker 3: Who?
Speaker 1: Lizzie?
Speaker 2: Who gone but not forgotten? Well? I miss you, Lizzie, Yeah, we miss you. You know you'll be back. Yeah, she's bombing in a basement in Perth as we speak.
Speaker 1: Last week though you know it's a part of it shown uh.
Speaker 2: As always Pod labor Arena brought to you by Piper Hide sick, Champagne, Piper Hide Sick. Get some bubbles up, your bubbles down. Oh it's Sam. You've been here, you know for the second week the Grand Slam. Has anyone hit you up for any like freebies or perks thinking you have any power or sway at this tournament?
Speaker 1: Oh? From like asking for tickets basically actually this morning. I had a guy today immediately just say can you get me tickets to the final?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yeah, just he was like, yo, I didn't get tickets for the final. And I was like, no one gets tickets. It's not like you just missed out and that's a revelation. And I was like, yeah, I can't. I can't help you. What are you talking about? I well, I you must I remember hitting you up a few years ago as well.
Speaker 2: You were getting people I hardly know to hit me up. And I was like, why why did you reach out to me? And You're like, oh, Sam Tuten told me now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just like Mike's a friendly guy, he'll help you out.
Speaker 2: I can't even hook my wife up. Dude.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my girlfriend asked me today for tickets and I was like, what do you don't understand, we're in a basement underneath rod Laver Arena. It's just the occasionally we see a cleaner bringing rubbish down. We have no power here.
Speaker 2: I got hit up by a guy and he said, hey, I am not in Melbourne at the moment, but my agent is would you.
Speaker 1: Be a comedian? He's a performer, that's why he has an agent.
Speaker 2: He has an agent. And he said, would you be able to get tickets for my agent to the final week of the tennis She really just wants to go down and soak it up. Oh yeah, And I was and no, he said. He said, oh, you know, nothing major, but it would be great if you could get her in. It's literally a major.
Speaker 1: It's literally of major. It's also like you're asking for tickets to a major. You don't want anything major like you've got like you're sitting in front of just a whole heap of different tickets. You've got ground passes, you've got ticket like box tickets to the finals, deciding where you're going to divvy them out every morning. And he's like, bro, I don't want you to go. I'm not an asshole. Don't go to the top shelf. That's crazy. She doesn't deserve. But just give her something just below that, maybe, like I don't know, like a corporate box ticket to the semi final. She doesn't want the works, Just hook her up.
Speaker 2: And what do I care about your agent?
Speaker 1: Your agent?
Speaker 2: It's not even like she should be doing things for.
Speaker 1: Him exactly what is their relationship? It doesn't make at all anyway. So you got them tickets.
Speaker 2: She's sitting in Rod Laver's old seat for the far.
Speaker 1: Fantastic and she will suck up the atmosphere.
Speaker 3: There we love a better beat.
Speaker 2: Should we go through the matches from yesterday?
Speaker 1: I think we should.
Speaker 2: First up was backing Up versus Chavon Tech. We were there for a second set.
Speaker 1: It was kind of a blood path.
Speaker 2: Really, I have not seen a player this tournament and as much of a pure flow state as Robak. In that second set, it was like power game.
Speaker 1: Just in the moment, bang bang bang bang bang.
Speaker 2: And just dismantled chavon Tech. So it was seventy five six one and that Yeah, Like I said, that second set was something to behold.
Speaker 1: Chavontek like lost her rhythm. Now I'm a big rhythm guy. I'm there at the tennis I'm trying to analyze how people are feeling. And a few times I said it to you, you don't seem to care whenever i'd give you any kind of insight into what I'm seeing out there on the tennis car. Yeah, but a few times she re set her routine when she was going into serve and she looked rattled completely, And I think that is a that is a sign that you're you're doubting yourself, you're not feeling it. And the results look at look what happened after that.
Speaker 2: Well, do you think it was an influx of things, Like first she doesn't get into the gym because she doesn't have her credit, have.
Speaker 1: A credit that would rattle anyone. And then she gets into the gym, you're there, that's not ide.
Speaker 2: I'm doing that one machine where you spread your legs exactly make eye contact with people.
Speaker 1: Actually, and she's not having she's trying to get.
Speaker 2: Your towel as well, that you use it exactly. Four towns have that towel. Sorry, just close your legs, give me that towel for one second. Right back in through over Shavan Tech. So she is in the semi final, looking good, where she'll be playing Jess Pagoula Jpeg affectionately known ah and Jpeg Overmova in straight sets. We'll get to the straight sets results a little bit later in the show.
Speaker 1: I hadn't noticed you had it. No, I just thought it had been quality to right. Yeah, it's been fantastic. Oh man, I hadn't noticed that, you know. I just thought that's perfect. That's just what I want. Yeah, it's a great tournament. Clean matches, clean matches, keep it clean, a clean sheet, that's what I like.
Speaker 2: So during the Anasamova Pagoula match, Anasamova clearly rattled very ra especially the first set was six' to. Two she was getting. FRUSTRATED i loved. IT i like to say it some fire because it's not her. FAULT i thought you'd like a, nice clean match with No, look.
Speaker 1: You, Know i'm A i'm a complex. Situation SOMETIMES i like to say both go.
Speaker 2: Both. Wait So anisimova during the match was pretty upset with her player's.
Speaker 1: BOX i liked it because it's not her fault that things are. Going, wait it's clearly her corner's. Fault, yeah you, know so it's like you've got to give it to them and they're right On, Corey they're right if they if it wasn't their, fault they wouldn't be there waiting to get yelled.
Speaker 2: At, well she she, was she was. Yelling you're not saying. Anything you're just sitting there doing. Nothing BUT i think if they were saying a lot and you.
Speaker 1: Know, yeah shut. Up, yeah part of your job is like and you would accept that when you accept the, role you know that part of your job is to get yelled. At, yeah you know. That, Fine it's the same with me in this. Podcast as soon as we're, done you, said what was That you embarrassed me out? There this is my, dream you.
Speaker 2: Said on the dead on The ellen Of tennis.
Speaker 1: Podcast, yeah, exactly like get me a chicken salad and then you threw it at me AS i ran down the.
Speaker 2: Stairs, well we saw a bit of the Fiery anisimova temper when she was in.
Speaker 1: Here, ABSOLUTELY i went back through the archives eye opening.
Speaker 2: That was supposed to So pagoola took that one out and straight set's Facing rebeccaha in the semi final. Tonight it's semi final, Day women's semi final day at The Australian. Open i'm probably most pumped for that, Match pagoula Versus, rebeccaena Because rebecca up probably one of the biggest servers in the women's side of the draw versus one of the best returners IN. Jpeg, well rebecc when knocking Out. Shavantek AS i said, before Poor, ega the one slam she hasn't, won.
Speaker 1: You would you like to see An american win A grand, SNAME i feel, like of, course, yeah, okay more than An.
Speaker 2: Australian, well, Look I'm i'm bi. National. Yeah as we've, discussed.
Speaker 1: And we've also, discussed you need to stop telling people you'll buy and then waiting a considerable amount of time before saying. National people get. Confused, no, no, no not at, all.
Speaker 2: Dude AND i think it's important that you, know we celebrate our binationals out there and have a parade for. Them. Okay in the men's side of, things heartbreak For Lorenzo, mazzetti.
Speaker 1: Hot, break looking good for two sets and then what a groin? Injury, yeah it was pulling is Groin, LIKE i, mean.
Speaker 2: You've pulled a few groins in your.
Speaker 1: Time, well what's he twenty, three twenty, Two he's at the top of his. Game he's, growing shouldn't be, faulty, faulty should be doing its best.
Speaker 2: Wife that's prime growing, time prime. Growing it's crazy that he can't GET i, mean which brings us to our new, Segment prime Growing. Time, look we've all.
Speaker 1: You, know you, KNOW i had, to you, know bring it in early sometimes when we wanted to keep it. Going it's.
Speaker 2: True, yeah but on.
Speaker 1: A big stage like, that you hate to.
Speaker 2: SEE i don't know what he. Was he was playing, Great djokovic was two sets. Down his whole foot is basically a. Blister, yeah it's just. Disgusting it's, gross BUT i guess he. Can you can play through a disgusting, foot but bad, groin you've got no. Chance bad, groin you're. Done and you could tell it was like affecting, Him AND i almost loved when he realized he was going to retire and he was still trying to play. RIGHT i think he knew he was going to, quit but he was just going for broke on.
Speaker 1: Everything good shots.
Speaker 2: Man it was just redlining his, game trying to finish a point, early and it was crazy to.
Speaker 1: Watch it was remind me Of. Novak was it last? Year he had a slight. Strain he ended up coming. Good it was earlier in the tournament and just like no, footwork standing at the, baseline just ripping. Winners, yeah it's exciting as tennis gains.
Speaker 2: Man, ah it's so good to.
Speaker 1: Watch so you're suggesting potentially to have more exciting tennis. Matches we need slightly injured players at all, times.
Speaker 2: And then part of the matches like we get to injure, them.
Speaker 1: So like they come, off you tune up with a baseball, bat beat him around a bit silly.
Speaker 2: Full time you're hiding you get out, There, yeah get out.
Speaker 1: There and that's the entertainment that people would, want could get the young kids back into tennis that we've lost a pickleball and that.
Speaker 2: Was prime growing. Time. Ah, Yeah So mazzetti retiring down three to one in the third, set And djokovic you, know was very gracious in his. Win well when his, walkover.
Speaker 1: Well in too in a row as. Well, yeah it is just what has what deal has he done with some kind of high?
Speaker 2: Power the thing is though It's Novak, Djokovic he's made it through to a semi, final and it's like it's, him so it's, like, well, yeah he probably would have got there, anyways maybe two sets, down but it's not like you, Know Pedro martinez or something like or someone ranking a crazy.
Speaker 1: Story, yeah, yeah but it is still two walkovers at a very convenient time.
Speaker 2: In the second week of A. Slam, yeah that's that that he has hasn't won a set and he's lost two and he's into the. Semifinal it's. Crazy, yeah he must be so. Happy, yeah he was a little Annoyed Novak djokovic in a press conference. Afterwards when a, journalist he's pisky. JOURNALIST i, mean was this really thought through with this?
Speaker 4: Question, first, well in the early of your career when you were Chasing roger And raffa for, titles and now at the back end of your career you're Chasing yannick And.
Speaker 2: Carlos i'm chasing And carlos in which sense in terms of Winning Grand slam titles just right, Now So i'm always the chaser And i'm never being.
Speaker 4: Chased in the, meantime he won twenty Four grand.
Speaker 2: Slams But i'm saying it's it's worth worth saying that, sometimes, Right, SORRY.
Speaker 1: I see what the, JOURNALISTS i see the angle he's coming, from and it does make. Sense it actually is quite an interesting. Question, yeah but it has to be framed in the worst way. Possible you're just forgetting the, like he's not going to be remembered as this guy. Chasing he's going to be remembered as potentially the greatest player to ever play the.
Speaker 2: Game, yeah and then just being put to him that your whole career you've been, Chasing.
Speaker 1: You've been just, grinding always just at the heels of These peria. Players twenty Four, sam what did it feel?
Speaker 2: LIKE i loved? It From?
Speaker 1: Novak his response being like also double, dipping because Like novak is, like what are you talking about? It and then when he finally goes to, answer he's, like that was really.
Speaker 2: Disrespectful oh, yeah he totally owns the journalist and is, like are we forgetting about the fact for fifteen years when everyone was chasing me AND i was so far ahead of the total? Totally and, yeah the guy's, like, oh you, know trying to kind of just walk.
Speaker 1: It walk his way out of but he still kind of doubles down the. Journey he probably should have taken a loss and, said you know, WHAT i probably haven't worded that the WAY i wanted to sorry about. That i'll see you.
Speaker 2: Later.
Speaker 1: Yeah instead he went back in and forced him to answer the. QUESTION i thought it was a cool, question but then it was always gonna. WHO i don't really know what the answer is Because novak's steaming right. NOW i also liked it From novak BECAUSE i feel like that's the real a bit of the Real. Novak, yeah and you often see a sanitiz like with all tennis, players a sanitized, version and they're very friendly and they're, Like i'm so, Happy i'm. Grateful it's all. Fantastic but it's, like, no get, angry get, angry tell people that you're.
Speaker 2: GOOD i was thinking that with the post match interviews when they're, like, oh, look you know it was a tough test and the other guy is a great, player and you KNOW i was lucky to get. Through there's never they're never like, YEAH i crushed, him.
Speaker 1: Dude it's Like i'm. Superior it's like they're, like, oh how is. It it's LIKE i won in straight. Sets, yeah they, suck but it's LIKE i destroyed.
Speaker 2: Them bring SOME ufc like shit, talking.
Speaker 1: Dude bring. THEM i love boxing as. Well and it's like they're just like press. Conference they're, LIKE i will take his souls and then take his children's, souls and then they will have no souls And i'll be victorious over their life, forever they. Say and then afterwards they're, like told you he. SUCKS i killed. Him where's that? Intended, no they're too.
Speaker 2: Nice, yeah it's got to be, like, yeah they were clearly not up to the.
Speaker 1: TASK i think they should do like face offs like IN ufc and boxing shirt. OFF i don't ee oh Have Craig. Tiley they're like separating them like that and then they can maybe slap each. Other give it a.
Speaker 2: Spice, yeah, yeah, WELL i mean you were on the project for. Years oh, yeah what's the most awkward thing you've asked a guest on the show or a celebrity and immediately regretted?
Speaker 1: It oh, DUDE i actually kind of innswer this question because it would happen every. Week there was a news dot com article about how a NEPT i was at my. Job ONCE i Asked tina. ARENA i, said There's Margaret cord, arena there's A Rod leaver. Arena is there A tina? Arena and she, went, really you're better than, that and that's live on. It you just have to sit in that and.
Speaker 2: Go did the crowd? Laugh the people in the, studio.
Speaker 1: LIKE i could hear The so the producer in our ear was laughing very hard at, me but no one else could hear. That just the person in my. Ear anna is her. Name just like, LOSING i had to take the earpiece. OUT i, mean what about? You you seem more put together than?
Speaker 2: Me, no, No, WELL i Met Sam stowzer like in twenty. Eighteen, okay under what. Circumstances Dave hughes AND i were playing tennis on the court next to.
Speaker 1: Her so this is a casual.
Speaker 2: Meet this is a casual.
Speaker 1: Meet oh you con'ka wrong in a casual, well, Hugh'sy hugh's.
Speaker 2: He and knew her from whatever the you, know the rarefied air that that that he will that he walks around and and he introduced me To Sam stowzer and he, said, look he knew LIKE i go to THE Us open every. Year you, know my brother and sister live In New. York and he husey, Said, Sam mike goes to THE Us open every year and she, goes, oh, yeah that's. Awesome AND i said to, her have you ever been to THE Us? Open and as the words were leaving my, mouth her Defeating Serena williams in the twenty ELEVEN Us open entered my brain and she did for that match with you in the? Crowd WAS i was, not BUT i. WAS i was In New. YORK i was like watching. It, Yeah and and she just kind of like so, nice just goes, ah, Yeah i've.
Speaker 1: Been she didn't even take she. Played she just said she was, LIKE i. Been that's her, nice what a good. Person and then how did you? Backtrack?
Speaker 2: You he's like snickering in the, back.
Speaker 1: Isn't. It he's got a new story's a stand? Up did you did you then try to backtrack and be like because you could maybe get out of that and be, like, NO i mean it's a punto now you know you're not playing professional? Tenants did you try any of? That or did you just sulk?
Speaker 2: AWAY i THINK i stumbled my way through the rest of her, Nice nice to meet, you and then she probably saw me like double fault and ship my pants on the other core.
Speaker 1: Fantastic have you seen her since you might run into her around here.
Speaker 2: Somewhere, NO i know she's around BUT i, mean if we get her in, Here i'll bring that.
Speaker 1: Up, dude if you get her in, here your first full questions should be so number one have you been To? French? Finally the most you've been too The Australian while we're, here.
Speaker 2: She thinks this is just My make A wish. Podcast the only other match that we haven't discussed from Yesterday Ben Shelton Varsenic. CENTER i mean another straight sets, match WHICH i know you love.
Speaker 1: Times i'm a big fan of the. STRAIGHTS i was being facetious, before But i'm getting to bed at an early, time which is. Fantastic my stress levels are not peaking in any. WAY i feel very calm and. Relaxed it's very easy to recite schools to.
Speaker 2: People don't you want an? EPIC i, Do but.
Speaker 1: There are, benefits you. Know i'm trying To i've got a gratitude diary at the, moment And i'm trying to look on the bright side of things at the, moment and an early bedtime is sometimes good for.
Speaker 2: You oh my, GOD i don't. Know this is like we just we're leading into some great. Matches the number, one, two, three and four and the men's draw are in the semi. Finals that's the.
Speaker 1: THING i think there's a clear like, golf, right AND i think you're going to start to think see things tighten.
Speaker 2: UP i, Mean i'm just starve for some epics in the second. Week so in week, two nineteen, matches winners have won forty seven. Sets losers have won three. Sets.
Speaker 1: Crazy that is, insane isn't.
Speaker 2: It one out of ten women's matches have gone three. Sets zero out of nine men matches have gone five. Sets and this all needs to be updated to yesterday. Matches, yeah, yeah had men matches zero out of nine men's. Matches how the men matches going? Today prime growing toy prime growing to, play the sting, play the staying growing. Time SO i Just i'm just waiting for a like an, epic like a, yeah some. Dramas it's a funny.
Speaker 1: SET i wonder what you put that down.
Speaker 2: TOO i just think the big guys are dominating and.
Speaker 1: It's getting to that stage with the matchups are just. Two it's just kind of two.
Speaker 2: Upsided.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anyway but you, SAID i think you'll see especially leading into the last two finals and at least the, finals you'd. Hope, yeah there's going to be some close.
Speaker 2: MATCHES i think there will. BE i think THERE'S i mean they're one and two and three and four playing each.
Speaker 1: Other, Yeah but if you are worried about, it and you have tickets to the, finals just give them to. Me if you're worried that it's going to be it's not gonna be worth your time because they're going to be close. Matches just give them to. Me, well And i'll go instead of, you And i'll let you know how they.
Speaker 2: Went or give them to me And i'll give them to an acquaintance's. Agent, absolutely because they just want the. App they want to soak up the. App they just want to soak it up just from The Shelton center. MATCH i Mean shelton of course going big on CERTAIN a lot of body serves a two hundred and thirty three kilometer in our bodies the.
Speaker 1: VERY i read an article In The age this morning that being like he, lost but he'd still won something the, Fastest LIKE i don't think he.
Speaker 2: CARES i, MEAN i can't even fathom that speed of a ball two three.
Speaker 1: THREE i Mean sinner just had to like rack it up, sometimes just like protect. Himself it was coming in so.
Speaker 2: Hard, yeah it was. Defense it was.
Speaker 1: Defense it's, quick isn't.
Speaker 2: IT i think you, Know i'm a middle aged. MAN i feel like a ball coming at me at that speed would simply pass through my.
Speaker 1: Body, yeah it would just heat. You and then you would wake up in a hospital with a just a perfect tennisball sized, hole.
Speaker 2: Like A looney to style hole through the.
Speaker 1: Middle exactly what would you? Do Because i've never been. Hit tennis balls don't hurt as much as you, know other kind of cricket, balls golf, balls rubber, balls even you, know like bounty. Balls BUT i still at two thirty, three that's leaving a big, mark right if it gets you.
Speaker 2: Well at the end of today's, podcast we're going to play The Ben shelton, interview and we Played stingpong and he did not hold back when he.
Speaker 1: Did we have the speed gun on, It today's, man have the speed.
Speaker 2: GUN i think it broke to thirty. Three, really it went straight Through it went straight through. Me and it also was the Only stingpong one THAT i believe broke the.
Speaker 1: Skin, Really i'm gonna go. Out, Yeah, RAFTER i played With rafter and he made me take my shirt. Off but there's no. MARK i got my girlfriend to go over my body in a lot of.
Speaker 2: Detail he made you take your shirt. Off but the weird part was you didn't even lose the. Point, no, no, no, NO i just wanted to see that.
Speaker 1: Rig the weird part WAS i didn't have pants. On he's, like he may as well take the shirt off as.
Speaker 2: Well so, yeah that sets up the men's semi, finals which will Be vera Of. Alcoraz pump for. THAT i Think alcoraz will get through, it maybe drops a, set and then of Course Djokovic sinner And, DJOKOVIC i, mean hasn't played a lot of tennis this, week but he had a rough time and two sets Against.
Speaker 1: Mazetti but you know, what he's angry, now he's been. Annoyed he's a, chaser so he's gonna want, to you, know stamp his, authority maybe send a. Message. YEAH i think he, loses don't get me, wrong but you know he might put up a. Fight, prime growing Time. Prime one more thing About, Tinner, mike did you see him driving a golf?
Speaker 2: Cart, yeah he's loving. It in the tunnels of the, Ground.
Speaker 1: Yeah deep under where we, are like we're, underground but these tunnels are even further down under. Us but he's driving the golf cart and THEN i guess like six of his team get into the golf cart and someone runs over and they're, like, SO i don't think you should be driving the golf. Cart, WELL i, MEAN i guess he's a. Player what if he crashes the golf. Cart it's also he's under twenty, Five like insurance. Premiums you've got to think about. That aren't we protecting these? Guys they're, athletes like they've had a rough and tumble.
Speaker 2: LIFE i don't. Know they might drive at five kilometers per hour.
Speaker 1: To these guys have professional. Drivers have you not seen these keys zipping Around melbourne at the Moment i've seen. Them they're all in these, cars they're in the tinted glass behind. IT i don't trust him on our roads where he's From italy the other side of the, road and it's, kidding you, know do we want? That does The Australian open need that kind of hr? Disaster?
Speaker 2: Right but you're a, golfer, Right isn't it just like fun to drive a golf?
Speaker 1: Cart it's so? Fun, yeah so let him have some. Fun, yeah BUT i don't drive golf cuts in the tunnels Under Melbourne. Cup it's narrow down. There it looks on those screens on THE tv like there's a bit of. Room it's narrow down. There it's, tough and that's a wide golf. People you're worried he'll get in like An Austin powers. Type, yeah and he gets stuck in the.
Speaker 2: Middle, yeah just can't.
Speaker 1: Move he stuck and then slowly because he's stuck in traffic down Then djokovic rolls.
Speaker 5: Through.
Speaker 1: Dangerous actually it is, dangerous all, Right, yeah get him off the, golf get him. OFF i.
Speaker 2: Agree so yesterday we got to walk around in the. Tunnel we were down, there a maze of tunnels that exist under the. Ground AND i was.
Speaker 1: More excited about that than probably anything with this, job Because i'd heard whispers of these tunnels AND i loved it down. There it was, exciting it was very.
Speaker 2: Hot you're a sneaky, guy, yeah you like kind of slithering around in the.
Speaker 1: Dark, WELL i don't like the general public. Mic so getting to go down under there and you, know zip past some of these lines and be able to get from court to court very quickly was. Fantastic and you see people down. There you see some, celebrities you see these tennis. Players you see a little turn off to a massage. Table you're, like CAN i go in? There, no my past doesn't let. Me that's, Okay i'll keep.
Speaker 2: Walking also for a bit a. Segment we will probably put it in a future. Episode we were dressed in tiny little bull, boy.
Speaker 1: Tiny little ball boy clothes with size fourteen ball boy, sneakers Full legionaires.
Speaker 2: Cap. Yeah so there's people that are very serious down. There we're in our little.
Speaker 1: Outfits, yeah we're walking past like the MOST vip people they have at this, Tournament Venture, Capitalists South KOREAN dj, Pops, YouTubers, YouTubers and then Us.
Speaker 2: Peggy Goo Peggy goo Goohead, goheads then us disgusting bull, boys Ball, man we Have.
Speaker 1: Bollman, yeah we haven that's so. True.
Speaker 2: Sam we have an interview With Ben shelton coming. Out. Yeah Ben shelton is unfortunately out of the. Tournament now he's the Great american. Hope but uh, Again, uh this Is lizzie AND i conducting the interview while you sit quiet for our audio. Listeners Sam tottons sat quietly in the room and didn't say a.
Speaker 1: WORD i had tape over my, mouth not by.
Speaker 2: CHOICE i think we still got the audio from the match coming. Through you walked by our room, before like usually do it in, sequence, right but our sound guy was taking a. Ship, okay.
Speaker 5: He's.
Speaker 3: Dispatched this is how serious we are a, House so don't worry about. It, Okay, Yeah, bob, Iwin? Bob is It? Bob?
Speaker 2: Yeah the, son the? Son do you know?
Speaker 3: Him?
Speaker 4: Oh the?
Speaker 1: Son?
Speaker 2: Yeah of, course his son is like a honk now and he he did.
Speaker 1: Was In america and we had a. Daughter, yeah bindy. Yah.
Speaker 2: Yeah so that's The aussi accent button that you just hit. There and this is this is the.
Speaker 1: Sun well it, sounds it's.
Speaker 2: Sounds you're From, atlanta, RIGHT i grew up In. Atlanta, Yeah falcons, FAN.
Speaker 5: I MEAN i was.
Speaker 2: GOING i was growing.
Speaker 5: UP i went to a lot of, games BUT i don't follow THE nfl as closely any more of the fantasy.
Speaker 2: Football how'd you go in fantasy this? YEAR i won my? League did?
Speaker 3: You?
Speaker 5: YEAH i won one. LEAGUE i didn't win the, other BUT i won the big money.
Speaker 2: League? Right is there a? Prize?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah could you? SAY i was in a Fantasy league for comedians and the loser of The Fantasy. League we got to write a set for them to. Perform, really it was brutal who had to do. It Sean conway absolutely bombed his tits.
Speaker 5: Off we don't do anything. Great we just do the hot chip loser does that Ghost peper?
Speaker 2: Whatever that's all, right it's and you got to be On instagram live when you do, it? Right was the loser anyone we would?
Speaker 5: Know so last, year do you know the girl on, Tour Elie. Mandelick, yeah it was her. Brother, okay he's actually.
Speaker 2: HERE i just saw. Him he won that league this year all, right as he recovered from the Ghost. PEPER i think he recovered after like eight nine. One, yeah so big press day. Today, yeah do you get, like what's the question you get sick?
Speaker 3: Of? Uh the?
Speaker 2: QUESTION i actually.
Speaker 5: HAVEN'T i got it like one, today but it's what's the relationship like you and your? Dad, Oh Like i've answered that, one you, know probably one hundred and fifty thousand times in the last three. Years it's just, like, well, yeah he's been on tour with me now for four years AND i answered this question every tournament for the last.
Speaker 2: Years. Damn that was the first QUESTION i had for. You tell us what is the? Relationship like the thing, is we've had so many players come through and like some, questions they just could care less about.
Speaker 1: IT i just don't want to. Ask, yeah, fine you want to choose your.
Speaker 5: Question, WELL i THINK i think you just you do as you feel like you're the.
Speaker 1: One, okay you're the funny. One, Right what about other?
Speaker 3: Sport what other sport would you play if you didn't play?
Speaker 1: TENNIS i grew up Playing american for, Okay, yeah so that's the.
Speaker 5: One but still not FOLLOWING nfl. Outside, No, no that's not. TRUE i follow, it BUT i don't have A i'm NOT i don't have a die hard. Team my favorite player retired years, Ago Calvin. Johnson oh, yeah of, course, yeah, okay you know a little.
Speaker 3: BIT i don't know. Anything when it goes into THE nfl, Chat i'm.
Speaker 1: Just, like, Yeah i'll just sit.
Speaker 2: Here, yeah absolute. LEGEND i Mean Detroit Lions. Royalty so that's that was my team for, Forever.
Speaker 5: Detroit, yeah but, now like SO i was the biggest fan Of detroit when they were terrible and now they're. Great but, LIKE i haven't been like on The lions for a, while so it feels like it doesn't feel right to jump on that. Bandwagon, now, YEAH i think you can still get on The BUT i was there when.
Speaker 2: They were, mad you. Know is that The Matthew stafford?
Speaker 5: Years, yeah, okay, yeah it'd be Like Matthew stafford through The megatron for four, touchdowns three and fifty yards and they lost by.
Speaker 2: Twenty that's. Defense, yeah that defense. Exactly, well, no BECAUSE i grew up In Kansas, city so, okay but The chiefs this, year yeah they. Did it's, okay, Man, like what are you looking forward, to like just being In melbourne just in? General H i don't do much here. NOW i stay low.
Speaker 5: KEY i don't leave the hotel. Much mostly.
Speaker 2: Tennis.
Speaker 5: YEAH i feel like there's certain cities that there's a lot going, on BUT i tend to get drained going around doing a lot of stuff.
Speaker 2: Because you were In, auckland so you didn't even do you Know brisbane Or adelaide.
Speaker 5: Or anything That i've Done brisbane. Before i've Done adelaide. Before BUT i like to be home for Like christmas In New year's and to play the first tournaments you got to you gotta, leave you, know In december to get here in time to get ready for. It SO i was home Until january, sixth and Then auckland is on the way here from THE.
Speaker 2: Us is there a jet lag? TRICK i think you just get used to. It you get used to. It but it's all, about LIKE i, think the plane.
Speaker 5: Ride you, know IF i, can IF i can time the sleep right on the plane, ride or like if you know you're landing in the morning.
Speaker 2: And sleep the whole LIKE i slept the twelve hour. Flight Whoa aland that's.
Speaker 3: Great that's a better sleep THAN i would ever.
Speaker 2: Have what we've been doing to wrap up these quick interviews on the pod as you see the tiny little uh ping pong table over there that's made out of a small door we stole from A Diego schwartzman's dressing. Room like. It we got a tennis racket here, Too so if you, want like we can wrap it, up we, Do like you, know the a just the one point. Slam, yeah so we've been doing the one point slam on the ping pong. Table but who AM i? PLAYING? Ok, yeah.
Speaker 3: You're lucky Because i'm pretty.
Speaker 2: Good you're. Good, yeah it's not, bad but we don't have a million bucks to give. Away so the steaks are you've done ping pong or sting, Pole so the loser you want to do? It all?
Speaker 1: Right oh well he's?
Speaker 3: Punk all? Right all, right we're At Pod Laver Arena stadium for a one point. Slam that's. Day we've Got Ben shelton vels our very Own Mike. Goldstein mike is serving take it Away mike anywhere off pathetics From. Mike ben is giving as a ping pong. GRUNT i don't know if you can hear. That mike is trying to BUT i think the grunt is actually distracting. Him, Oh mike hits it off the end of The, yeah you got, whoa. Whoa, yeah he's he's moving things so you can get a full. Swing he's, gone.
Speaker 5: Thank you so.
Speaker 3: Much that was.
Speaker 1: Awesome are we are