Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: So the last couple of weeks we were in England and we went back to see my mum and dad, and then we went to a family wedding. My wife also was there when she went back to England to pick up her dad's ashes. Now, her dad died last year and he was cremated and they decided to divvy up the ashes amongst three family members. Oh really, I mean, I don't know how they chop him out. I mean, what did it like narcos or so they divided him up. I don't know whether they weighed him or how.
Speaker 1: Did they do it like a bag of flour. I'm not sure. Anyway, we got a third of him, I guess, and so.
Speaker 2: For two weeks while in the UK, he's in the car with us, right and it's in the boot.
Speaker 1: Have the other siblings spread their ashes already? Okay? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Third of him got taken to Ireland and was sprinkled there, and then Sarah and her sister wanted to sprinkle him at the family wedding. So sarah sister it was her daughter's getting married. I kept thinking, you know that someone's going to want during the big day, which is a celebration of a union of the future, isn't it really in love? Suddenly someone's getting the old urn out and remember old granddad who died last year, he's here, let's sprinkle them around. So anyway, come the big day, when do you think you're going.
Speaker 1: To spread your dashes? Because everyone's like clinking glasses and cheering.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking, I don't think it was a lovely sunny day she has I'm gonna have to keep So my wife is still England because you've got another wedding to go to. And actually you can't keep sprinkling a liket the wedding crashes. Oh no, Sarah O'Connell's here with that, earn.
Speaker 1: Don't let her in.
Speaker 2: So she's trying to fight somewhere UK that somehow is appropriate to sprinkle her dad's ashes. So I know a lot of you when someone passes away, you've got the ashes and you want to do something where you're going to spread them to.
Speaker 1: You want something special, yeah, special place.
Speaker 2: But sometimes what happens in life where you've got an intention or experience, We're going to do this, And in life sometimes like the wind changes and you hear stories about people who throw some beloved family member up in the air and they come back on innocent bystanders faces or back in your way. Strange things happens when you're sprinkling ashes, like my wife right now driving around the UK trying to work out where she can put a third of her debt ashes. David, her dad would have found this very very funny. I didn't mention, by the way, we also, I didn't realize this. We also picked up an old dog of ours ashes as well. She's also got She's got two owns in the car.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, is she gonna sprinkle at the same place? I don't know where they're going to mix them together. I don't know. This feels like she'll get to the airport. It has to come home, just out the side of the aeroplane.
Speaker 2: Don't miss advise two weeks time, if I'm sprinkling ashes in a studio, you'll know it's my but de seize, father in law and an old dog. All right, So where did you sprinkle the ashes? And what happened on nine four one four one four three Linda, Good morning.
Speaker 3: Oh, good morning, Christian.
Speaker 1: Welcome to show. Linda. So whose ashes are we talking? About who did you lose?
Speaker 3: Well, unfortunately, my husband passed away had he was cremated, and we decided I was going on a trip, and I thought, well, I'm as well take some of him with me.
Speaker 1: So when I.
Speaker 3: Flew from from Australia to America, I sprinkled some ashes on the top of the Statue of Liberty. Then we climbed onto the Queen Mary Too and sailed off over to Southampton. On the way, I sprinkled some ashes of his over the top of where the Titanic was supposed to be. And when we got into London, I sprinkled some of his ashes in the Thames. And finally when we arrived in Paris, I took him and sprinkled some of his ashes into Money's garden. Then we arrived home, and well thought, well, I had to take him with me, because I mean, he paid for the trip and the rest of his ashes and the poor dog's ashes up at Winton Races tracks in Victoria where we used to take our racing car. So he's everywhere.
Speaker 1: Which belongs to the world. I love it. So he took him basically on a world tour.
Speaker 3: I did well, I mean, as I said, he paid for it, So I thought I'd better take him with me.
Speaker 2: And had you talked about this, what would happen in an event of anything happening to either of you?
Speaker 1: What you do with the ashes? And my wife and I sometimes talk about this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well I'm supposed to if once I finally pass away, my ashes are supposed to be taken up to the racetrack where he is.
Speaker 1: Oh so you don't get to do tour? No, you just going to go to the track?
Speaker 3: No, Well, who's going to take me?
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, take me with it? Oh?
Speaker 3: We better take one with this now?
Speaker 2: Ah, I see, I thought, because that you don't get the world you don't get the World tour, then.
Speaker 4: I've already had it.
Speaker 1: You got to experience in person.
Speaker 2: Tell me this when you weren't doing all these trips. Now, what was this traveling in? Was it the urn or something else?
Speaker 3: They give you a small container with some of his ashes in it, So I thought, oh, okay, well I'll just take that that was packed in the luggage. It was never picked up on a knew of the security checks going through you know, like, what's this white powder? A madam nothing?
Speaker 2: So what is this shoved in the container in the middle of the suitcase with your unknees and like your shorts and T shirts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there sucks and jobs.
Speaker 1: Linda, thank you very much giving us a call. Okay, all right, have a good day mate.
Speaker 5: The Christian Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 1: What did you do with the ashes? Leslie?
Speaker 2: We scattered Dad's ashes in Lake King Gibson took the boat out how to drink scattered the ashes for show and town The next week. My son who was seventh time, told the class my part died and we chucked him in a lake. Maybe tomorrow we do show and tell stories, Jackie. We took my dad. Took mom to Greece to coss in an empty vegamite jar. She also down at Eagles nest in Inverlock and some of her in her gardens.
Speaker 1: Mary, good morning, Good morning, Mary. What happened with it? I'm good man, welcome to the show. So what happened with the ashes?
Speaker 4: So we scattered my sister's ashes. She wanted to go to monkey Maya Bay in Western Australia.
Speaker 1: Amazing place.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and we were. When we decided we were going, was sort of a family affair. We got to the airport, couldn't decide whether you know, she was checking or carry on luggage. So we so we weighed her and she waited five kilo and I only had seven kilo of carry on so I said no, no, no, Lea's.
Speaker 1: The ashes were five kilos.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, because it was her whole entire ashes in their tub. So yeah, they weighed five kilo and it's like, no, no, no, just stick her in my check in luggage. So we put her in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But across the monkey my bay. And when my sister was very ill and our medication, she kept saying, I want to go to the Opal farm. I want to go to the Opal farm. And we thought, you know, it was just a medication because you know they mine oples, not farm open. So we've gone out on a catamaran into the bay. We scattered her ashes and then the captain of the catamaran goes, I'll take her across to the pearl farm that's in the bay, and we stepped onto the ponchain and the captain of the pontain says to us, we don't just fire, we farm Opal's as well. And we were like, oh, this is where she wants to be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she didn't know what she was talking about.
Speaker 4: No, no she didn't, but obviously she did.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, Mary, Mary, thank you very much.
Speaker 1: She called me. That's okay, Bye bye, Let's go to Lindell, coome on Lindell.
Speaker 5: Good morning, how are you going?
Speaker 1: I'm good. Hope you having a good day so far? And what did you do with the ashes?
Speaker 5: Our mum was a big Elvis fan, and unfortunately Mom passed away way too soon and didn't get to go to grape Plane, which is one of her lifelong dreams. And a few months after she passed, or said to one of my sisters and said, one day, I said, I'm going to take some of my mom's ashes over there. So about ten months later we organized a trip to the US and we scattered some of mum dashes in grape plans just right near the pool in the garden where she loved to sit. She's not swimming in the pool, she loves to sit next to a pool. So yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, try it exactly.
Speaker 1: Now, did you do it secretly?
Speaker 2: Because I imagined there must have lots of people, Well, they probably have some ruling where you're not meant to.
Speaker 5: Well, that's right. We we sort of found that out after the fact, but when we sort of felt a bit guilty, but we just thought, well, you know, like it, we're just sort of like jewelry vile. So it wasn't you know, a great clump. So we sort of just you know, sekly scattered it in there in the in the garden and yeah, so Mum's forever at Graceland.
Speaker 1: Now that's amazing.
Speaker 2: So what we do and I pretend to try a shoelace and then just chuck into my mum and little bit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well we sort of did that. We sort of looking roundomly if anyone was looking the sort of we sort of did a flick, you know, intimate time. So yeah, so yeah, so that's that's what we did. So yeah, we know, had a bit of a bit of a cheer afterwards, and you know, yeah, so.
Speaker 1: It was lovely beautiful then now, good on you. Thank you very much to give us a call. Christian Connell's show podcast. Oh