Speaker 1: Quest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Are we walking?
Speaker 4: I want to keep wiping? But wait, we're off here.
Speaker 5: Put it down.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell Show, Gold one O four point three.
Speaker 5: Hey, good morning Thursday morning. Welcome to the show. Good morning Jack, Hello Christian.
Speaker 4: Hello, Patsy.
Speaker 5: You sell one of those correspondents down the line where they go Hello from Cape Town, Hello to Jack.
Speaker 4: I'm here in the studio.
Speaker 5: Good morning Patsy.
Speaker 3: Hey, hell are you?
Speaker 5: I'm good? So this is an exciting day for the radio station. Do we all see the horrible graphic coming in? Miss that pool brown cake, brown bit the gold logo, come on, get rid of it. So the inspiration about that deep bige that they use, and it is someone's done a PLoP over a birthday cake, a happy birthday gold.
Speaker 4: The gold gold as a color when it's actually gold and Shimmery looks amazed when they put it into like a two D version.
Speaker 5: It just looks so anyway, Happy birthday, Lane Birthday.
Speaker 4: I'm wearing my gold jumper today.
Speaker 5: You are, yes, thank you very much. Patsy is very excited today. You matched to find later on's morn. Then we got a whole hour's worth of music from nineteen ninety one. This radio station Gold thirty years old today. For Huggy, who's the midfield general here at the radio station, was on the original line up thirty years ago. Jack and I just been looking at an amazing photo of him. Is that from thirty years ago?
Speaker 4: That's from thirty years ago? A bright eyed boy, Huggy in the Gold studios in nineteen ninety one.
Speaker 5: Totally, what's remarkable. You don't get in any job these days, right, it's quite rare to be in it for thirty years. What is rawer than rare, it's anyone because this industry eats people up. The only reason we're doing the show is because someone else before it's got eaten up and span out. Someone will come at some point trying and eat us up and spin us out. We just need to be slightly ahead of that, eat them before they come to eat us. So anyway, him surviving is amazing, honestly, a survivor of radio swimming with sharks. How he's managed to do it, he must have eaten on so many people who come together. I didn't believe sometimes that maybe he got five years ago, but he still comes in. He just doesn't want to tell his wife. He's like our still shop. You don't need to pay me, don't worry about it. But I can't tell Jenny she will go ape. So when he's here and we'll have a chat with on the show today, make sure you say happy birthday to Huggy as well, because I've got quite a few lovely emails yesterday from some of you who were listening when it switched over and became Gold FM, and it was a big deal FM. I know now it's all about online dot com and that kind of world and Spotify and streaming, but FM radio used to be like a cool thing, didn't. I remember him in jingles like we've got ten thousand megawats of music power and when I was dreaming of one, they would I ever be lucky enough to work in radio on FMDJ, Well, I will modulate the frequencies for my audience every night. That's some kind of crazed bandleader. Stereo music, stereo Dolby surround sound. So anyway, thirty one thirty today and Patsy's got some news handlines from thirty years ago and including why on for doing this? Done? A lot of detective work late into the yesterday evening. Have you found the original your news theme? Yes?
Speaker 4: I have.
Speaker 5: This is great. I can't wait to hear this. Does it sound like thirty years ago? Does it sound like nineties radio?
Speaker 3: I love it? You know what it doesn't. I think it's a bit ageless.
Speaker 4: I was surprised it's the same one that we got.
Speaker 5: No, it's not so logo. Ain't change the old Pey Brown. Let's not major on that today. Can one of the producers go and take a picture of that cake. It looks like someone stopped jo one.
Speaker 3: I'll send it to you now. I took it on the.
Speaker 5: Way, told you to stop doing that. The more we don't need to see your morning routine. I don't need that. It looks regular, see spensis. All right, that's player song. Now I feel like we need to reset the show. They stop talking about the brown logo, Happy Birthday Gold. What a shame that thirty years on this is what they get for a breakfast show. So this is some hucke you report to me yesterday. He's passing the batton onto me and I'm like, I'm not sure you've got your past.
Speaker 1: The back the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: Many moons ago, he still worked for a radio station in London called XFAM and our mid morning guy was the keyboard play in Jesus Jones and Jesus Jones were a great indie band of like the early nineties International Bright Young Thing is another great song of theirs, right, And I remember when the first Day rocked up at this radio station and I guess it was a bit like Triple Jay and he was like, yeah, I was. He's up in a skateboard. He was in his late thirties and I took a huge dislike to this guy right skateboard under his arms, like you're an adult? Is that for your kid? Then put it down and he had a wallet on a chain. Do you remember that? Yes?
Speaker 6: I had.
Speaker 4: I was fourteen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, that's okay, right, but again grown ass man one on the chain or that's something of this guy Van train is you know where you had the whole look look come out of a catalog and he goes, ye, I was in Jesus Jones. I went really because you remembers the singer and the rest of my as what were you? He goes the keyboard player it is hard for a keyboard player, isn't it. There's nothing really that memorable.
Speaker 4: It's hard to look cool as the keyboard player on stage.
Speaker 5: Yeah. So this guy said, yeah, well people would remember me because basically the band they called me Ian the keyboard breaker Baker. His name was Ian Baker, and so when they were doing gigs to get attention, he would just smash the keyboard. It's not like Pete Townsend or Keith Moon during the drums, guitars going oh he's smashed his cork eight one thousand die. That's going to be a nightmare again. That demo mode back working tomorrow.
Speaker 4: It's not quite They break those big old chunky keys.
Speaker 5: Must take ages because there's solid things. Well, you might lose one key.
Speaker 4: Are breaking the keyboard. Now we'll do another song, but it's broken.
Speaker 5: Yesterday I had four for the kids. I made for tea last night, right, a good classic bangers and mash.
Speaker 3: Oh, we had bangers and mash too last night.
Speaker 5: Do you love a nice midweet bangers and mashes? A tree, isn't it? Do you do gravy with it?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yes, an onion gravy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I fried some onions as well, and I tried a new mash recipe yesterday as well that had cheese, milk, garlic, and not just garlic once you start national but as you're boiling the potatoes, Patsy, you put a spoonful of garlic in there as well with the potatoes to start the garlic process.
Speaker 3: What have you got vampires over that side of town?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we have bayside and some finey chopped spring onions.
Speaker 4: This is the mash that I needed as a kid, because we had bangers and mash every night. My mum wasn't home because there was dad's only meal that he could do.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Man, just what is it about the old school dad? He only had one thing, a terrible spaghetti boling nase, which shouldn't even be possible, but he put peas in it for some reason. I've never worked out to this day. I mean all over Italy, you know. Now, then you put peas in this?
Speaker 4: Well, my dad didn't put anything in the mash. It was just like crunched up potatoes.
Speaker 5: Suicide, so dry. It's something they get in prison in movies, is it.
Speaker 4: We had a couple of years where Mum was working late every night, and for every night we had bang as a match.
Speaker 5: You know, it's the same thing. The only time my dad ever cooked, I think he must have good I'm not making this up right. Three to five times in my childhood, right was when mum was working late, and when I used to dread when Mum went, oh, i'll be home later on, like, oh god, the old man's spag bowl, the flipping peace. Why does he put peas in there? I reckon? We could make a cookbook to a very slim cookbook of your dad's one dish one meal corn in Now? Was this you grown up? Where if mum weren't late, your dad would have to step up to the to the stove and make his one dish he could do. It's always something very basic, I guess, like bang as a mash or spag bowl. If that was your day, give us a call. What was his one meal that he could put off?
Speaker 1: But Christian Connell Show podcast?
Speaker 5: Was this your child had grown up? Your mum had to work late. Who was going to do dinner? Uh? Oh? The other person? The VP?
Speaker 4: My pens doesn't really ever need any official duties of any kind, And all of a.
Speaker 5: Sudden, theres no kind of jurisdiction or power whatsoever. He knows it. You know this is me, By the way, this story's still all these years later, and they are left to fend for you and cook for you. You ultimately go, oh no, because he's only got one dish. So today we want to know, is is you? It was for Jack grown up? It was for me Jack. Your dad's one dish.
Speaker 4: Was very basic, bangers and mash, no flavor in the mashed potatoes. You're allowed to have tomato sauce on the sausages, and that was it.
Speaker 5: Gravy loss, gravulous, so just dry. For me, it was spaghetti bolognaise. But wait with that in peace? Yeah, no, it's not an English thing, that isn't it some kind of delicacy? Were we just pour peas in a spag bolt?
Speaker 7: Dope?
Speaker 5: Just my dad? So this morning, what's thisue? Growing up? What was your dad's go to dish? Damien?
Speaker 7: Good morning morning, here are you going?
Speaker 5: I'm good, Damien? So what was your dad's dish?
Speaker 7: My dad used to do this horrible, horrible stew where he would just cut up vegetables, so carrot, he's potato felt a bit of hunging in there for five and then get the worst beef stew beef you could get cheap, chump that cheap.
Speaker 4: The butcher was saving it to throw away to the dogs, and your dad goes.
Speaker 5: Just basically the cow's eyes and eyebrows and his bumhole.
Speaker 8: Past its use by day. Used to throw it in the pot and just undercook it.
Speaker 5: When I met the veggies, they're all that really big chunk. They're not die so they're all lumpy.
Speaker 9: Are they?
Speaker 5: No care?
Speaker 4: Half?
Speaker 5: That's it your onion. Your stomach can digest this.
Speaker 8: So it was just it was boiled water and just came out of the veggie and then they'd put it in a bowl and he'd serve it up to you and you get kids enjoy this.
Speaker 5: From some sort of the kensi in workhouse.
Speaker 8: You sit there and you're like, holy how how are we going to get take away without the old man? Knowing nine times ten you went to bed hungry.
Speaker 5: Of course you wouldn't watery broth.
Speaker 8: Yeah, wait for the old man to fall sleek and the count and then just bake the preach.
Speaker 7: Anyway we got through.
Speaker 5: Yes, well do you're a survivor, beautifully told Jim. When we'll send your price. Thanks for calling mate, that.
Speaker 7: Was brilliant, thanks mate.
Speaker 5: Uh Neil, good.
Speaker 7: Morning, Good morning, Christian?
Speaker 5: Are you I'm good? I hope you well. Thanks you on the show. So what was your dad's one to go to dish?
Speaker 7: He's going to dish was boiled CODO it sounds like a punishment.
Speaker 5: Hey, anymore that boiled cod for dinner for you? Okay, boiled cod? What with just boiled cod?
Speaker 7: Now we get a couple of eggs with it? But uh, boiled cod was.
Speaker 5: His favorite veggies feature heavy? Don't they just easy stuff that you can't screw up technically? Boyd? All Right, Neil, thank you very much you call. Take care, have a good day.
Speaker 1: Well, Christian know Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 5: We're taking about too. When you were growing up, did your dad? Dads didn't really Actually, when I'm honest, now, my dad didn't do a huge you know, he worked very hard, but minimalist in turns of almost like a zen light budd in terms of what he actually did to be involved in the running of the house. Now i'm the other side of work, I actually say he did sodle. Basically, I keep saying you had it easy, you had it. He was probably the prime time to be a dad in the seventies and eighties where my mom would go, I'd heard him come home from what dad? Don't disturb your dad for an hour. We weren't allowed to bother him for the first hour. The moment I get in from this so called job, it's on this problem. My wife is leaving the houses. I'm just pulling up to the house. It's like, see how the couple of hours you do with them? I don't know. We're asking you. Also, like growing up when dad had to cook, did you just have that one go to dish that he could barely pull off? We want to know what was it? Nine four one o four three? What this would be the world's worst cook? But wouldn't it red time? Nine seconds? Do not finally chop the vegetals and chop some of them, just chuck them in that pan. Let's go to uh to me coome morning worn and Christian, I'm good, buddy, dans to call the show. What was your dad's one dish?
Speaker 10: Ah?
Speaker 11: So his dish was a specialty called gotch and it.
Speaker 5: Was the sound nice? Does it start?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 11: No, it's it's terrible. My sister and I happily named it and they would both go to the fridge and pull out whatever was going off, whatever had mold on it. Think it would you just be scraped off, chopped up roughly and chucked into a pan. Add a splash of soy sauce, and that was dinner.
Speaker 4: I'm actually guilty of that. Anytime I'm worried that my dishes are good soy sauces.
Speaker 5: It's just a smoke screen for a whole load of food crimes, isn't it. You really see Jamie have a good rams and then chuck half a bottle of soy sauce on it, just mulch it in. They won't know you screwed it up earlier.
Speaker 1: It was terrible.
Speaker 11: The only way that we could fix it was by getting half a block of cheese and grating it. I was trying to get something tasty out of it.
Speaker 13: Is terrible.
Speaker 5: That's good, Toby, Thank you very much. You kill mate. Take care, Thanks Kate, Good morning, Hello Kate. Tell us about Dad. First of all, what was that's name is his name?
Speaker 14: That's dead? Name's David.
Speaker 5: What did David do as his dish?
Speaker 14: Well, he had a specialty where he'd just get a pressure cooker and chop up potato, pumpkin, carrot and put peas in and.
Speaker 5: The old piece.
Speaker 14: You know it's the most Yeah, always pea.
Speaker 5: Cheap and easy. You can't screw up peace. So anyway, you're back to the pressure cooker pumpkin from loads of leftover ones going cheap after Halloween.
Speaker 14: No, he just you know, he'd have all these ingredients in the fridge or around place in the pantry and he just chopped them all up and that was it. He just put in the pressure cooker for about ten minutes. And it was called yuck because of the side effects because we were all flatulant afterwards.
Speaker 5: I'm not supposed to say that we've got yug and God, so basically all you had was just a load of sort of vegetables. That's It's not when you go to a health farm, terrible juicing, even they put it in a blender. Yours is so blended, fairly digested food. Now, wonder you want flats. You're story breaking down that pumpkin now all.
Speaker 12: These years later, that's all right.
Speaker 5: Flatchling Kate lovely did to hear from you. Thanks you, Cord, take care that squeeze. One last morning, who we got here.
Speaker 9: Morgan, Hey, good morning, Happy birthday.
Speaker 5: Thank you very much, Morgan Morgan. What was your dad's one dish.
Speaker 9: Well, Christian dad's dreadful dish? I would call it was lambs fry liver with mashed potatoes. However, it was too lazy to pill the potatoes, so that would be mixed up in with the match.
Speaker 5: I did that yesterday a cookie bother. I thought, these are tiny, these skins. Are they really sure? It's a bit more crunch for these kids?
Speaker 4: What about those nuptial things that you know, you get to know.
Speaker 5: I just mashed it all up and just hope that the sauce to cover, so he.
Speaker 9: Would put the gravy on top, would try and hide the flavor. But the gravy was home brands, no magic gravy in airhouse, and it tasted like it wasn't mixed properly. So you eating my gravy pears, Oh god, you.
Speaker 5: Remember that it was like flour and like lumpy and not. It has to be really warm, doesn't it. Gravies well be like luke tepid.
Speaker 9: Yeah, eat lands rising find as it is. Then you're eating that gritty picked flour.
Speaker 5: Too many textures going on there are there a lot of chewing going on, too much chewing.
Speaker 9: It's traumatizing. As soon as you mentioned mashed potato on the radio.
Speaker 5: I triggered you this morning and I'm really sorry Morgan. All right, thanks you cool mate, take care.
Speaker 9: Come ahead back.
Speaker 2: This is the Christian o'commel show podcast.
Speaker 5: Come on in two, Sharon Nicole, Christian listened to you right now. My dad Joe is currently looking after my mum who's back in COVID at home on his own. Bless him. If there's anything we can do to help out. He only has one dish that he still makes where then he really needs some help. Then, in all serious is can we send him some ready meals you're going to find this next year, right when your little bub turns up. Right. One thing that I remember once when Ruby was born, our first child, right, someone knocked at the door about three days Ruby's only three days old, and I was off on paternity leave and we were just worn out, exhausted, shell shots. You got no idea what you're doing. We'd read all the books, we've done all the course, so you're still like not doing what the lady said we would do. And there's a knock at the door, and I was like, oh, God of the head, is that just One of my wife's friends said, I'm not staying. I've major as the Sanya just warm it up for five minutes, and it was the greatest thing you can give someone. Sometimes is ready meals or just food that you don't even have to think about doing you're so tired. So yeah, if we can help your old man out. But anyway, shout out to Joe right now. I hope your wife's okay. His dish was homemade chips and fried eggs, but the egg would be barely properly fried and the chips were still really potatoing. There is no excuse, I'm sorry, Joe. There is no excuse to scrub chips. Is there the easiest? Come on, Sharon, Thank you very much. I hope mum and dad were okay. The other day we were talking about Eminem and how his mum has opened up a restaurant called in Detroit, Eminem's hometown called Mum's Spaghetti.
Speaker 4: His parms are sweaty and these weak arms are heavy. This viarnmin on a sweater already Mars Spaghetti.
Speaker 5: And we mentioned how, you know we have people who listened to the catch up show of the podcasts all over the world, and I was wandering, I know we do have some doctor around America. Do we have anyone near Detroit or in Detroit who might be able to go and actually tried. There's only one. It's basically a spag ball sandwich, isn't it.
Speaker 4: I think it's normal spaghetti, and then it's spaghetti sandwich.
Speaker 5: That's the main by the way, that's the menu, and a Canni soda and then we get this message.
Speaker 10: Hey, Christian, Jack and Pats, I was catching up with your podcast from Monday when you were discussing Eminem's new restaurants in Detroit.
Speaker 5: I've lived in the UK my entire.
Speaker 10: Life up until last month, when I moved to ann Alburn, Michigan, which is about fifty miles away from Detroit. So I've moved here to take up a virology research role at the University of Michigan. I'm not sure of my immediate availabilities. We have lots of cells and viruses on the go at the moment, but if you do need somebody in the future to sample mums spaghetti sandwich, I'd be more than happy to travel to Detroit for a live review. Thank you guys so much for the show, as it's got me through a lot of tough times. And I apologize to Melbourne for my horrific Northern Pomme accents. But I hope everyone is doing well given the current situation. All the best to you guys Melbourne and Australia, all the way from Michigan.
Speaker 5: Thank you very much, Professor John over there in Michigan. Now, wherever you listen to the show around Victoria, New South Wales, maybe you in w WA, wherever you are internationally, we are hiring at the moment. Obviously, no money paid whatsoever. It's radio. We take care of that you listen. However, we are hiring. We're looking for correspondents wherever you listen to the show, whether it's live or the catch up show the podcast. We are looking for you to be our reporter from wherever you are. Already we have some entries. I mean, start closer to home and then hopefully we can go further afield.
Speaker 15: Christian mate Don from the Gong here and that name alone should be enough to tell you that I'm your man for Willo Gong correspondence. Yeah, I have no wife, no kids, no distractions.
Speaker 5: I can give my order this dedica.
Speaker 15: An interesting fact about me is if you're a true friend of any Lee, you would have seen me win fifty grand on the cube. That was pretty fun. Something you might not know about willong Gong is that we have apparently a successful quidditch team in the Harry Potter universe. And the latest news out of Wollongong is when we get out of lockdown on the eleventh to Rogi Beach Hotel is booked out till a Novemba, So get your bookings in hurry up.
Speaker 5: Love it. Let's go to the UK. Greg.
Speaker 16: Good morning, Christian, Good morning everybody. It's your correspondent Greg here, coming to you live from the beautiful Peak district in the north of England, on the border of North Derbyshire and South Yorkshire. It's a little town called Drumfield. Drumfield actually has the world's first and therefore oldest official football club or soccer club to you guys, Sheffield Football Club, not to be confused with Sheffield United. I'm a thirty eight year old gardener who has a beautiful three year old daughter and my wife and I have recently found out. We're due to have a second in March, around the same sort of time as our very own Jack post actually, which means we'll be going through our sleepless nights together Jack well, approximately twelve hours apart. But you know what I mean. Well, that's all for me now, Christian. If you do need anything else, feel free to give us a shout.
Speaker 5: So wherever you are, maybe tell us a little fact about the place that you're from. I think we have someone here in San Francisco weighing him.
Speaker 17: Oh, ah Bon the Christian, this is Frank Francisco frant thesk, whichever you find the most appropriate.
Speaker 5: It's Francisco. He's not from San Francisco, he's Francisco. And I think he's from Spain. He didn't sound very Californian. I'm a master of audio.
Speaker 17: Ah Bon the Christian. This is Frank Francisco frant theirsk whichever you find the most appropriate. From pret nears in Spain, and I might well be your ideal correspondent for Barcelona. I'm fixed fifty six years old Dutchman in my third or fourth prime who lives in Elim for over twenty years, where I was exposed to and spoiled by Christian interestinct fact, for myself as a student, I had a totally undeserved reputation to always relieve myself from the highest point around after having consumed a few pints too many, and true as reputation was, I did, therefore climb Durham Castle in England, find the outside walls too, relief myself from the highest storrant. I live in seaches and something people might not know about it. There's an annual horror film festival of teachers when there's a parade through the town with local people dressing up as zombies and other scary characters. That and they do that so realistically the some tourists can't believe it's not the film set itself.
Speaker 5: Thank you very much.
Speaker 4: Francisco did his accent change several arts three times.
Speaker 5: I actually thought it was Jason Bourne. One thing about Francisco, if that is you, by the way, many disguises, Carl Bryer.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Christiano Carl Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Many of you have been sharing your stories about how you used to listen to this radio station thirty odd years ago. Steve Christian I did used to listen thirty years ago. I remember the year, well, nineteen ninety one. We recently got married. We're working very hard to build up a small business on a shoe string budget with interest rates as low as sixteen percent. Well, yeah, tough times, that said, Steve. You know radio, some parts of radio don't really like to move on that much today from some of the competitions they do. Christian thirty years ago, nineteen ninety one. There are a couple of competitions that remember the radio station Gold then you still have people drive around to see if you had one of the station's car stickers in the front of you house. Sadly, we never won. However, you did do a thing called the cash Call. You had to call up and register to be on the list to play. I think the station's still doing it, just under a new name. And then every how the DJ would read out a dollar amount shortly after they would make a call to one of the registered players. Well, my mum kept her list by the radio, wrote down the amount every time, and then this one day she was out the back on the VERANDAH only just heard the amount. I still remember. It was one and eighty eight dollars and three cents. The phone rang it was Gold one oh four point three. We won, mom, and I'd put that one. It's a great use. Took us on amazing holiday to the great Barrier. Reef lovely memories of this radio station. Happy thirtieth birthday to Gold. That's from Juley. That's lovely, Thank you very much. Got this great one as well on our answer machine. Here from Matthew.
Speaker 13: Hi Christian, I'm Matthew and I'm just bringing up to wish you guys a happy thirtieth birthday. I remember where it all started. Thirty years ago. I was in boarding school. I was doing Year twelve. Probably the first song that I remember hearing on Goal one o four was Donner by Richie Bellen's. Back in those days, Yeah, it was only fifties and sixties that you played, and it was great. I remember getting through on the old dial phone to request a late night love dedication to a girl I liked at the time, Vicki, and the song was being My Baby by the Ronettes. So that's going way back to the dawn of rock and roll. So anyway, Christian and team have a fantastic thirtieth birthday and look forward to many more great years and memories on God when.
Speaker 5: I thought, Matthew, thank you they very much there and all these lovely memories. I think the last song we played today. I know, obviously we've got some great stuff lined up from nineteen ninety one. But for Matthew, of those late night love radio shows, I used to love.
Speaker 4: That sho make a comeback. We don't have any in Australia anymore.
Speaker 5: Surely now more than ever, people are lonely and need a late night love DJ. I used to love that this will be a great bang. Listen to the production on this what a song? You're too gosh late night love? Do you remember the DJ's name? Who you had for late night love? Who do you We had a guy in the UK when all over the UK had an amazing voice. You couldn't go anywhere near those. My voice isn't good enough. My parent's to be a late night DJ is called Graham Torrington and they'd always have these these. The calls would go on for ages, wouldn't they. They go, Oh, Hi, you're listening to late night love songs. Julie's on the line. Now, Julie, what song would we like to play for you? And why? Then you tell it. They go on for aids about some story that went all over the places. Who did you have?
Speaker 4: Who is our guys? Rich Richard Mercer, big pipes, big voice, deeper voice, deeper.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's it. I reckon they spoke that that in real life. But that really really high pitched voice.
Speaker 4: You've got a deep enough voice, You've got, it's got.
Speaker 5: To be a lot deeper to be a late night guy.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: Christianer Show is called Richard Mercer's Love song Dedications. Thank you justin I've just seen Next year Valentine's Day is on a Monday. Why don't you and I try and do a late night hour of radio but on the Breakfast show, recreate late night conditions. It's on a Monday next year Valentine's Day. We need to we need to find some kind of I'm sure the engineers going to do this with a lower our voices to get them near to those late night radio.
Speaker 4: God special microphones drop us down.
Speaker 5: Uh So, two weeks ago, Jackie Boy standardsall with the amazing news that you and your a lovely wife band are to give birth to your first child next year. So just why we understand the dates late March.
Speaker 4: No, March seven is the due date early March.
Speaker 5: And we've got to check up on that, by the way, because I know any chance for you to get some time off the show, you will take it.
Speaker 4: And we've just gone eighteen weeks on last Friday.
Speaker 5: Oh congratulations.
Speaker 4: Did you guys do when you were in pregnancy the progress photos where you watch the belly get bigger and bigger every week?
Speaker 3: No, I wish we had.
Speaker 5: Wish we had. It wasn't that kind of world then where everything was documented, But I wish we had. We still got some of the midwife notes and stuff like that. We try to keep as much good, but now we didn't. People didn't think to do that.
Speaker 4: No, yeah, I guess now you do. Like now there's like special boards you hold up to say like this is week one, week two, and then you do it with the baby when the baby's born. But we're doing it, but a hipster version of it. Biankle wants them done with polaroid photos.
Speaker 5: Of course, So what are you doing daily? Week? Not daily? Because they're really expensive. That was about twenty bucks or like five on the film, isn't it.
Speaker 4: That's the problem. We're doing them weekly, but even that it's going to cost.
Speaker 5: You a bomb. It's because a kid won't have a cop That was saying, great polaroid hipster photos that will fade rapidly.
Speaker 4: They work out to about two dollars.
Speaker 5: Perfect photo, you can't screw it up. There's no retouch or editing it.
Speaker 4: But with the polaroid camera, it's not like you're looking through the viewfinder and that's exactly what you take the photo of. It's sort of off center, so you've got to adjust for that. And I keep taking photos where I've cropped out half of Bianca Yah and taking a photo of the wall.
Speaker 5: And also because sometimes the light, because it looks when it's right, they look and I love those post.
Speaker 4: Light is so hard to get it right. It's got three settings indoor, outdoor with the cloud cover, outdoor, full sun.
Speaker 5: But the camera to size because you could be out in a beautiful sunny day, not a cloud in the sky, in a field with no shade. Suddenly it looks like it was taken in a summarine, which is so dark.
Speaker 4: So we've got a lot of the super dark photos where you can just see like the tip of her nose or if they're in good light, she's cropped out halfway. I'm getting in trouble for it because I'm the operator of the camera and we're chewing through these expensive film.
Speaker 5: Listen, I remember two bucks ago they are now, So every time you're strown up, that's another two dollars, that's.
Speaker 4: Another two dollars.
Speaker 5: And I know what you're like with money. He doesn't like to dish it out. He's probably stolen that poloid as well.
Speaker 4: Well, that's the thing. I went online to try and find a discount version of the film.
Speaker 5: This kid's gonna have like a discount buggy.
Speaker 4: We're going through it. There's ten shots per cartridge, so you put the cartridge in, you get ten shots. So I'm going through them too quickly, once per week for the folks.
Speaker 5: Can you find cheaper you know what? You get that real dirt cheap printer toner cartries, but it's it's rubbish. It runs out really quickly.
Speaker 4: I thought I did, so I went online and found a discount version, thirty Shots in the Park. I was like, oh, this is great for the same price that it cost ten dollars. They came yesterday and it's a special wedding version where the borders were all made out of confetti. It looks so cheap.
Speaker 5: Your wife must be like, listen, I'm growing a person in me. Get this right, You've got one job.
Speaker 1: Job Jack Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Scenes in the studio yesterday. As in the last twenty minutes of the show, Jack Pot spelled a hot chocolate. This is how wild we are on this show, my friends, these two guys, me and Jackie Boy probably most dangerous men in radio. Fact, Jackie Boar was tucking into a hot chocolate. You don't care.
Speaker 4: I'd hardly even tucked in.
Speaker 5: That's the sad thing is he look at it and stare down at hot chokola eight thirty am. Friends, But he got spelt into but his most important thing in his world, which is that laptop. Why do you bring it in? By the way, this is how you have a terminal here.
Speaker 4: No, this is not a real this computer thing, I.
Speaker 5: Mean it's not real. We've installed toys r US kids one for you. I did radio.
Speaker 4: This computer in front of me only runs the phone system.
Speaker 5: I don't let you have access to Google. Is that because there was an IT report that they traced to you. Your IP address where you were downloading illegal hooky movies show.
Speaker 4: I rebut that those engineers.
Speaker 5: Now everything about us. What they traced it to your IP.
Speaker 4: No, they said I was running torrents, and I was.
Speaker 5: You are a torrent runner. I stand by that accusation. But anyway, you're bringing your little kids laptop there.
Speaker 4: I bring in a normal adult laptop and I spilt the hot chocolate all the way through it. And I don't know if you ever spilt like spilling water is one thing, but milk, it gets all claggy under there and.
Speaker 5: Very the hot chocolate gloopy.
Speaker 4: Now the worst thing is today it's got a real stale milk smell about the keyboard.
Speaker 5: Oh cry for this guy. Please? Do they candle it visual midday?
Speaker 4: Well you can't smell it from over there, but I can smell it from over here.
Speaker 5: Well I didn't need to because it's moran. The first thing you did should come is you said a load to me and you started sniffing your laptop. I thought you start having some problems this week. Anyway, It took him about an hour yesterday to try, and rain Man was like holding it up to the light, making sure that he got all everything wiped out. When you spill something, it is a nightmare, isn't it. And whether it's on electrical equipment, your phone or the worst thing is I once saw a in a pub, a woman. She was bringing some drinks over to somebody, and there must have been about eight pints on it, right, and she you know when you see someone tripping, you were like, it's going over All the pints went down the back of a woman and her hair like just larger. It was like a cascade of water. For they weren't even the table getting the drinks. Even than that, he was poured on the back. And this you know when someone's really angry and they can't mask it. This woman with this caroll was so angry as an onlooker, one of the favorite things I've ever seen in my life. I actually turned round, like, what is gonna happen here? This is amazing. Perhaps you've even involved in a spillage.
Speaker 3: Several actually one memorable. Speaking of jack though, I remember when I just got my pea plates, Mum wanted me to go and get two ladies of milk in my car in my little laser, so I sat it on the floor of the passenger side of the car and it tipped over when I ran around the corner, and the whole thing all through the bottom of my little laser and I never got.
Speaker 5: Soaked through that milk and milk in the sun that's smelling.
Speaker 3: Oh it was foul. You never get the smell out. I'm afraid your laptop is destined for the bin.
Speaker 4: I don't know, this is only six months old.
Speaker 5: You're ruined, im Patsy. So he downloads all those dodgy movies. Now it's Torrington right now, and he comes into work to piggyback on the Wi Fi. Here all right, one white phone in this Morning Spinaches Christian Connell's show podcast. The worst thing is that when you spill something just as you're heading out the door, or when you've just gone out and you've got a nice outfit on or a shirt on. About times I see people guys wearing with high confidence a white shirt. It makes me anxious, you know that, I'd be so nervous wearing a white shirt because even just getting out the house, getting two revenue, meeting everybody, and like any little spinach, that's your night room is you can't know it. You could see it there. You know people are looking at it.
Speaker 4: That's why we're so safe in black and dark gray clothes.
Speaker 5: Yes, absorbs any stains. All right, Spinaches, let's see what stories you've got nine four one four one o four three Mario coome morning.
Speaker 18: Yes I am. About three years ago I asked my daughter to go and get distant paint and she bought sustained lads of it, put it in the back of her car and took a corner too quickly, and by the time she got high and there was paint all over the back of her boots and in the boot well. And took me that three eyes to clean it all up.
Speaker 5: Oh you're never getting that. Just torched car.
Speaker 18: It was just panic and you know, cleaned it up as quick as you can. Like it was.
Speaker 5: So absorbed, isn't it. Gravity takes it and it will go everywhere.
Speaker 18: I believe, Maria.
Speaker 5: Thank you very much and cool.
Speaker 11: Thank you, Joe, Good morning, good morning, old hell are we today?
Speaker 5: We're good, Welcome to the show. Thanks for cooling, Joe, Spinaches.
Speaker 19: So last year we started renovating our home, laid.
Speaker 12: To new floors.
Speaker 19: Two weeks before Christmas, my partner comes home and finds that there's a bucket of water that's filled from one end of the house the other. The cat had tisted over and we had to rip up all the floor lords and get to relay eight hundred dollars later.
Speaker 5: I got be honest, I think I would have just left it.
Speaker 4: I mean wanted to try out.
Speaker 5: And then rock the house, and then the house will collapse.
Speaker 19: It actually had started to get moldy because we've left it there for a few days. And yeah, just to the feet up, the walk the floor.
Speaker 5: And of course it would be two weeks before Christmas. Right, of course, absolutely that cat knew what he was doing. That cat did that for loss. All right, Joe, thanks you very much. You cool. Thank you.
Speaker 19: Take care of faith.
Speaker 5: He goome on in, Lizzie, goome on, Liz, Hi, how are you.
Speaker 6: To Jack and the anchor? Yeah, look, I've got two stories. Years ago, I worked in a winery and we hosted weddings. The first story is we were short started. I was racing around, had two bottles of wine in each hand, went to put them on the table. As I went past, I kicked the candelabra, which went rocking backwards and forward and wax going over the wedding cake over the table. The other story, different wedding, but it was the end of the night. Everyone had a great time and we were serving musket after the dessert, and a glass and musket in front of this lady and the whole tray tips up and down her back.
Speaker 5: What is it about ladies backs and drinks.
Speaker 6: I don't know, but you know what muskets like. It's all sticky and horrible sherry. Yeah yeah, yeah, what.
Speaker 11: Did she do?
Speaker 5: I'm just knock you out?
Speaker 6: Oh just about Yeah.
Speaker 5: She wasn't happy you had me at Candelabra. I don't think we've had ever had a call on this show where they mentioned a candelabra.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, but there was one of those talk Candelabras and it just rocked backwards and forwards over the wedding.
Speaker 5: Take shout out to Candelabra's what I say this morning, Lizzie, Thank you very much. She cooled. Take care of me, no.
Speaker 6: I see you.
Speaker 2: This is the Christian o'commel show podcast.
Speaker 5: Big day on this radio station. This radio station today is thirty years of age. Big day for Huggy who has been working here thirty years. Honestly, it says how good he is, that he it is very hard to have a long career in radio, and most people in radio move around, not their own choice, that moved around by the bosses, scooped around, and there's somebody else's problem. It is so rare that one person can stay out one radio station. I mean, goodness, knows how many bosses he's seen off, and when I do mean he probably has bumped them off. Actually he knows where the bodies are. Anyway, he's been here thirty years today. So when he's on later on, send him a little note. Because the great thing about Huggy is right, even if there was a nuclear war, that guy still be the happest man on the radio.
Speaker 4: He'll still be drumming along to Phil Collins.
Speaker 5: Honestly, the building shakes. When we had the earth quite a couple of weeks ago. I just presumed he was playing in the air tonight because when he does that big old drum break in that the building shakes. Where he genuinely loves coming in here and playing a bunch of songs and hopefully cheering you up every single mid morning. So it is a remarkable achievement. But yeah, thirty years ago nineteen ninety one. So what it means for us on the show this morning is coming up after eight o'clock. We've got a whole hour of these amazing songs from nineteen ninety one. We've even got some newsless sports stories, as Patsy's found out. Listen to this. This used to be the news intro from nineteen ninety one.
Speaker 20: This is Gold one oh four News, Complete news and information for Melbourne.
Speaker 5: I kind of like that.
Speaker 3: It is cool, isn't it still?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 5: Complete? This is one hundred thirty years ago where it's like some sort of conversation and Okay, guys, we're going into the music. Okay, Fox Complete New, this information for Melbourne. This is Gold one o News. Really get a sort of focus group the word complete. I might listen to this Gold, but if I tune in and find incomplete news, don't given a half fast news story New Station Gold. It needs to be complete.
Speaker 4: They also don't use the word information much in the top of news news information.
Speaker 5: Okay, you can't really be going in listen, it's like a really serious news story.
Speaker 1: Okay, Fox Complete.
Speaker 20: New this information, this is Gold one of four News.
Speaker 5: I love that, all right, Jackie Boy's got a story actually which some of you might forgot about. This. This is an amazing story From nineteen ninety one.
Speaker 4: April fourteen, nineteen ninety one, twenty paintings were stolen from the Van Go Museum in Amsterdam, but were recovered just thirty five minutes later because the robbers got a flat tire.
Speaker 5: This is incredible. I mean, how do you even get away with one, let alone how many Vango.
Speaker 4: They bit's twenty paintings?
Speaker 5: How do we get away with that many? Again, it didn't have Australians looking after the security did that because one thing we've learned the last couple of weeks is whenever there's a high profile event, Australians will look the other way and let family members, their mates just run in wherever you want.
Speaker 4: You got it right on the nose. There was an inside man who was a security guard led he's mate in the mate hid in the toilet and then at three am.
Speaker 5: As feels like a charge movie, doesn't it home alone?
Speaker 4: Nine at three am, man in the toilet comes out, he's got a gun. He rounds up the rest of the security team.
Speaker 5: I can't wonder how bored I'd be in there, even if I was part of this multimillion dollar high sub being, like, guys, what am I going to do in there for all that time?
Speaker 4: Also? What why not do it at one am? It's still in the middle of the night.
Speaker 5: And it's probably the most important art museum in the world. Millions and millions of these rare artifacts, right, surely they have, even I know it's thirty years ago, it's nineteen ninety one. They do the old toilet check to check there's no one hiding in there, don't they What kind of bozos we're looking after it? Then they've all been smoking something. Now there you're going to do that look under the qbicle and don't do the oneHe hit The feet are on the toilet seat. I've seen that in too many movies.
Speaker 4: So they get twenty paintings him and the other security guard put it in the back of the security guard's car and they drive away.
Speaker 5: The idea is, well, hopefully it wasn't his car. They stole a car, is not just his car, this is it.
Speaker 4: They go in his car and they're meant to meet a getaway car. So they're driving in his car.
Speaker 5: But maybe start in the getaway car, then get a different car. No one leaves a robbery in their own car. There's traceable to them.
Speaker 4: They're meant to meet in the getaway car. The getaway car has the flat tire, so it never gets to the meeting point. So they get to the meeting point, you know, twenty meters down the road.
Speaker 5: I bet do you need At that moment, they're going, whoa you got all twenty times ten minute, two hundred million, who oh, oh, oh god, what is that? Oh it's a flat you had one job get away driver.
Speaker 4: So then they try to take off on foot and they got caught thirty five minutes later.
Speaker 5: It was a very slow kind of pursuit, like the oh JJS, isn't it you know, with twenty paintings unders, they start dropping leave that one. I've still got eleven left, guys, Come on, we can make it to the border. This is amazing. That is the very definition of the worst time to get a flat because there's always a pain in the back. So when you get a flat tire, you know you never see I mean, I don't imagine any of you have seen this where it's a hearse at the side of the eye with the coffin the bat when there's some undertaker out there changing a tile, or if you're if you're doing that mad dush to the hospital with your wife to give birth. I wonder if people have had a really literally the worst time ever to have to try and change a flat tie. If you've seen that or it has been to you, give us a called a brainer.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Christian o'kyle's show podcast.
Speaker 5: Just talking about a Jackson's Found, a story from nineteen ninety one. The headline jack how many painting stolen?
Speaker 4: Twenty painting stolen from the Van go Museum in Amsterdam, but the getaway driver got a flat tire and they were all recovered within thirty five minutes.
Speaker 5: The world's shortest crime. So we took this morning, nightmare time to get a flat tire.
Speaker 7: Jim. Here you going, Christian, I'm good.
Speaker 5: So when did you get a flat tire? Jim?
Speaker 8: It was actually my dad.
Speaker 11: That was only a kid.
Speaker 7: You're driving through the line enclosure at the back of smash like Safari.
Speaker 11: And my mum. So he's going to get out.
Speaker 18: And change and the guys, I'm not getting it in there.
Speaker 8: Hose lines every week were urcling.
Speaker 5: You're going you can't go anywhere there eat you?
Speaker 13: So you like driving out and changing?
Speaker 5: So yeah, smart mover, hasty retreat World on Jim It's actually cool.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: Hug You hear Me Here in an hour's Time was on Drive Time thirty years ago on Gold one oh four point three. We've managed to dig out some audio from then. Have I listened to this?
Speaker 12: Good Time? Alie's God one oh four? How does it feel to win ten thousand dollars? If you want that ten thousand dollar feeling?
Speaker 5: Dad?
Speaker 12: Was the wake Up Club at seven twenty tomorrow morning?
Speaker 5: Wow? Slick a machine straight into the vocal as well? Was that the wake up Club? The breakfast show was called there in the wake Up Club at seven am? So his voice? I know?
Speaker 4: Is it changed over the years?
Speaker 5: Good Time Alie's God one oh four?
Speaker 12: How does it feel to win ten thousand dollars?
Speaker 5: Well? As he's bringing the intro, here is time?
Speaker 12: If you want that ten thousand dollar feeling?
Speaker 5: Dad?
Speaker 12: Miss the wake Up Club at seven twenty tomorrow morning?
Speaker 5: That is how you do it, That is how it should be. We've got some more Huggy's got his hits from nineteen ninety one Good Time.
Speaker 12: Oldi's Gold one oh four with Craig Huggins at the Your Requests Lanes break?
Speaker 5: Do what do you want to hear? I'm going to bring that up. He only says gold one oh four there. Sometimes when I say just gold, right, he tells me offic is gold one oh four point three. It's very important you brand it right, Huggy, Good.
Speaker 12: Time Oldise Gold one oh four with Craig Huggins at the Your Requests Lanes break?
Speaker 5: What do you want to hear?
Speaker 14: Lin shout?
Speaker 5: What do you wanna hear?
Speaker 19: Now?
Speaker 5: Are you idiot?
Speaker 15: The song shout by Johnny Okay Now.
Speaker 5: One thing Huggy is very famous for, not just a high energy and sometimes still yelling thirty years on, is powerful comedy, right, powerful comedy, and thirty years ago he was starting it then.
Speaker 12: It's good Time Oldie is from the sixties and seventies. Gold one oh four not only four mates but primates the Monkeys and day Dream Believer and Mickey Dolan's from the band turns fifty today. I suppose I order organize a gorilla gram for him. It's at Craig Huggins Huggy here at twelve to three, and it's today's free money phone called Registration hours. Give us a buzz on double oh double three one form channel.
Speaker 4: Day free call Registration Hour.
Speaker 5: We're gonna have to play that again. The comedy was so powerful. See if you're going to listen to what the feature was called that he was throwing out and also twelve minutes of three very specific type check.
Speaker 12: It's good time Holdie is from the sixties and seventies Gold one oh four not only four Mates but primates the Monkeys and day Dreen Believer and Mickey Dolands from the band Turns fifty. Today, I suppose I order organize a gorilla gram for him. It's at Craig Huggins Huggy here at twelve to three and it's today's free money phone called Registration hours. So it give us a bus on double oh double five, double.
Speaker 5: Three one O four channel. Bless him. What a true survivor and legend of radio. Also, what really takes you back to a different time isn't just the music, is the adverts. These are actually adverts that were on this radio station thirty years ago. Do any of you remember this.
Speaker 4: Already, remember this dog, Harry dug all Ry.
Speaker 5: I bet you could still sing most of this song now thirty.
Speaker 21: Years when to come in to say winner, I really love music, I love me.
Speaker 3: And I've got to stop.
Speaker 5: Please, let's go to this fetter the colonel when the colonel stay.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 5: This next one is a very basic advert. They don't make a lot of effort. Do you remember Nobby's nut?
Speaker 1: Yes, sorry, you know it is. It's a bit wet over there, bit wet over here too.
Speaker 5: Let me get some drinks, No, let me wait about drinks all round. Well, if we're going to make a party of it, that's nibble Lobby's.
Speaker 4: Nuts time, that's the party.
Speaker 5: That's what a body like in nineteen ninety one. This is iconic too.
Speaker 12: You can get it strive and then you can get it diving left.
Speaker 5: You can get it mix and cements. The I don't first needs a big cold, bigger, and the best cold.
Speaker 7: Beer is big, big bitter.
Speaker 5: You can get it growing, you can get it blown, you can.
Speaker 4: Get it selling a cab.
Speaker 1: Matter of fact, I've.
Speaker 5: Got it now.
Speaker 2: Vitoria bitter Well Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 5: Only on women selling you an amazing story about a botched getaway of twenty paintings from the Vangu Museum in Amsterdam, and they only got away with it for thirty five minutes because the getaway driver had a flat time. There's another amazing story. Have you got the details of a joke that happened in nineteen ninety one. This is genuinely astonished.
Speaker 4: I'd never heard of this, and this is amazing. Soviet cosmonaut Sergei Krikalev was in space when the Soviet Union collapsed in nineteen ninety one. The new government didn't have the funds to bring him back to Earth. They tried to raise money by selling seats on the mer space station in order to raise the money, but it was unsuccessful.
Speaker 5: The early days of a gofund me to bring on man. I know you know right now about the Australians all over the world that can't get back. But that guy's up in space.
Speaker 4: Three hundred and eleven days he was up and stuck in space.
Speaker 5: He had a longer lockdown than us. I hope we don't live to say that we've gone full Serga. Now forget about venase aires this week, that we've actually last three hundred and eleven days. Listen to the Listen to this. It just sounds so sad.
Speaker 22: Imagine being trapped in space and finding out that your country not.
Speaker 5: A good mood. So this is a bit of a buzz cue.
Speaker 22: Imagine being trapped in space and finding out that your country no longer exists. Oh that's what happened to. Serge Creek left the last Soviet cosmon out of the USSR on December twenty sixth, nineteen ninety one. His nation collapsed and he was left stranded over two hundred miles above Earth on the Mirror space station, without a valid passport and with no day of return.
Speaker 5: You can't land near on Mars Mine. You got the paperwork, do one? So guy, come back? Oh I can't. It doesn't exist anymore.
Speaker 4: Surely they make an exception. The only man in space.
Speaker 5: That's why we stuck up there. And you're sitting on the right paperwork, stay up there forever. What doesn't it make you feel slightly anxious? Yes, I mean the loneliest thing. And the world is so sad.
Speaker 4: So he even talking to anybody, obviously still.
Speaker 5: When he got down, but now he's still filthy.
Speaker 4: He's in there.
Speaker 5: It's thirty years ago. I know he's still really angry about that passport.
Speaker 4: He's obviously radioing in and saying, Hey, don't forget about me. I'm still up here and.
Speaker 5: Sorry, what's that breaking up? Just leave him. We can buy another couple of days with this one.
Speaker 4: He don't have his passport.
Speaker 5: Don't you worry. We're coming. It's like an uber we' about five minutes. We're on our way now, he's just a U turn the road coature. Can we see? Right? So what did he do? Three hundred and eleven days?
Speaker 4: Three hundred eleven day.
Speaker 5: Let's see what we can find by nine o'clock some more. And then who is a listener that's been stuck somewhere or somehow the longest? Okay, so obviously it won't come. I don't think we'll find anyone who's just under three hundred and eleven days. But what is the longest amount of time you've been stuck insight? Thing?
Speaker 2: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: Before we go into the actual news, I thought we were kind of interesting to go back to the news of this day in nineteen ninety one. That starts right now. Patty's got the headlines that she would have been doing thirty years ago on this day in history, and this would have been the news intro, the news theme tune thirty years ago. Now in nineteen weight, you wouldn't have said. Nineteen ninety one, Now I don't go now, twenty twenty one News on the October.
Speaker 7: You get it.
Speaker 5: Nineteen ninety one news Okay, Fox.
Speaker 20: Complete news and information for Melbourne. This is Gold one oh four news.
Speaker 3: Good morning, I'm Patrina Jones, Queen fans across the globe and morning the untimely death of frontman that Freddy Mercury, the forty five year old, only revealing twenty four hours ago that he was tricking with AIDS and passing away from complications related to the disease. It follows the shock announcement just days ago by retiring at NBA start Magic Johnson that he is HIV positive. Wow, massive story.
Speaker 5: So that was that on the day this radio station launched.
Speaker 3: It wasn't on the actual day, no, but it was in that year, right, yeah. Yeah. Iraq has refused to leave Kuwait and a US led air attack a casual.
Speaker 5: All right, it's they've got squatters who's Flemington the tricks again? Come on, guys, are we smoking about this.
Speaker 4: Casual nineteen ninety one? I think you would have learned both.
Speaker 5: Come on, history, guys, read the room. Sorry, patsy backs of these we'll cross to the one. Finally, funniest stuff. I'm wucking around again with those scug missiles, that bloody eye out with that Irac.
Speaker 3: That was the year that President George Bush Senior code named Operation Desert Storm.
Speaker 2: That's two hour years ago Allied Air forces began an attack on military targets in Iraq and Kuwait.
Speaker 1: These attacks continue as I speak.
Speaker 5: Yes, wow, remember that libration Desert Storm hues thing.
Speaker 3: It was massive. And Kevin Costner's Dances with Wolves has taken out the Oscar in nineteen ninety one for Best Picture.
Speaker 1: And he goes to.
Speaker 3: Dancers with Wolves, Jim Wilford with Kevin bustling, Barbra Streisen making the announcement. Dances with Wolves went for about fifteen hours, didn't it?
Speaker 4: So did that drum roll?
Speaker 3: And in sport, Hawthorne a Premiers defeating West Coast by fifty three points in the Grand Final at Waverley Park.
Speaker 12: Taps it over to Allen as the siln goes.
Speaker 5: Now the Hawks win. Do you know what's interesting, Patsy is you know how we all remember history in different moments, in times so differently. Got text going, Oh yeah, thirty years ago. I remember the original Breakfast Show host Dermy. He would have been playing then he did the Breakfast Show.
Speaker 3: It was a little bit later.
Speaker 5: It was iculous work because I remember when he came in for one last game, he was looking around and he recognized that certainly wasn't doing.
Speaker 4: It any he was the of his career.
Speaker 5: Is going to be late for training. We're just doing a black thunder.
Speaker 3: Thing with stickers playing at the I do remember Dermy and meeting him in the news room before we moved into this building, so it would have been like maybe I don't know, ninety three ninety four, and he was a tower of a man. I hadn't seen him in person, and he cut quite an impressive figure.
Speaker 5: We've gone away for the news of the day.
Speaker 12: Sorry, I understands this is.
Speaker 5: The horn for term went on this bit.
Speaker 20: Now you're listening to the question.
Speaker 1: You know Kyl's show podcast.
Speaker 5: All right, Time four, Today's time waster. It's a nineties thing. Today the time Worster. It's we're asking to make a movie ninety. So take any movie title, turn it into a nineties movie. Do you remember the big trend in the nineties of Your Mama, Yes, Your Mama from the Train Gold, So nineties, Citizen Cobain, Gold, The Curious Case of Benjamin Folds five Silver plus Thank You, Harry Potter, and the Half Fresh Prince Gold. I see that hybrid between them. Fantastic Beastie Boys and Where to Find Them Gold and Bell and Monica's Big Adventure Silver. All right, jackie boy, what have you got nineties? A movie?
Speaker 4: New film coming out at the end of the year called House of Gucci.
Speaker 5: No, no, further, you can't have future movies.
Speaker 4: No new cart trailers already dropped.
Speaker 5: I don't get Trader comedy. You did std comedy today, now future movie stuff.
Speaker 4: What if the House of Gucci was in the nineties, it's the House of Tamagotchi.
Speaker 5: It's incredible. You can't do future movies.
Speaker 4: Who's this now? Is that James Bond in Flanellette. Yes, it is the man with the Golden grunge.
Speaker 5: That's good. That's good. Actually gold, The Fresh Prince of Connair it's seen as someone who was the king of the nineties. You ain't having a fly to honest if hugging you thirty years ago he was launching something would end up with stuff like this as to breakfast show, have a good mom, Yeah, dou to finish? Oh wow, a doubler.
Speaker 4: A nineties movie, you say, the spice girl with the dragon ball z tattoo.
Speaker 5: I'll give you a gold to make it stop.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm not a shown the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: Today's time Waster is nineties? A movie? Take a movie title, Take a little nineties you ready to march? Jack dude? Where's my slap band?
Speaker 4: Silver?
Speaker 5: Jay Crop Top Gun, Gold, Happy Pants? Gilmour Silver, Eddie Vedehan's gold plus. That is so good? That is so good. Chris Dude, where's my nock here? Five? Double one?
Speaker 4: Oh Silver?
Speaker 5: Rage against the Hot Top time Machine, Bronze gone with the Windows XP gold one for the it nurs that haven't that Windows ninety five would have been more correct. I'll get emails, I get emails. No country for old disc men, Janet, well done, the Cowabunger Games Gold. He's a really good good Tama Gotchi if you can, Silver Tama got you one. You're gonna know it. I like it, Kine, It's threatened by your powers. Spice Girl interrupted, Gold Dude, where's my yo yo?
Speaker 4: Silver?
Speaker 5: I don't think they were like a big thing of the nineties. Vanilla Ice, Ice Age, Silver, Mister, Beanie Babies, Bronze.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Sad to end it on that note. All Right, have a great day today. We want We're back tomorrow.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast