Speaker 1: Flex and Ferns brought to you by Cada. This is the Flex in Frooms Summer Sessions podcast.
Speaker 2: Oh, this was one of my favorites. As you know, I'm on a personal journey to bring back home and so there was about four weeks in the year where I was just trying to integrate a few cannibalism stories just to get the girls primed and ready for our inevitable future. We have watched The Walking Dead, we know how this goes. But there was a guy who served his friend his amputated leg obviously cooked in a taco so really loved that. And then for me has one too many real estate stories for us.
Speaker 3: I have a character called Dicky Cox and he has incited lots of crimes against real estate agents that I have been privy to.
Speaker 4: This is a bloody good one. This is from a friend of mine.
Speaker 3: Her and I were looking for a house and she did a bit of a blueper situation. Was an agent, one might say, embarrassing, embarrassing, embarrassing.
Speaker 1: This is Flex and Frooms on CADA.
Speaker 3: I am currently in the process of looking for a house.
Speaker 4: As we know here in Sydney there's.
Speaker 3: A rental crisis there's also a rental crisis all around Australia, but in the Sydney's Eastern suburb, where I have chosen.
Speaker 4: To live, it's particularly bad.
Speaker 3: You gotta pay a premium, and that premium happens to have gone up by twenty percent, and I'm a tired ass. I don't want to be spending my money on a rent. I spend money on a mortgage. SIS is not there yet, however, I'm looking for a three bedroom house, which is particularly difficult. You don't really come across the three bedroom houses.
Speaker 2: Stop in two bedrooms, one study type of thing. Yeah, totally.
Speaker 3: So a friend of mine went to that. I've got moving with two friends. A friend of mine went and looked at a house for us. But this other friend's going to tell the story, Okay, cool with me.
Speaker 5: So we've recently been looking for houses across the Eastern suburbs of Sydney, and as you know, it's extremely competitive. So our game plan was to really butter up the real estate agents, like really schmooze them, be their best friend, like be really friendly inspections because financially we aren't able to give them like two hundred dollars above the offer, so our friend. She went to one of the inspections, first met the real estate agent like, had a really good like chat to him, and then was messaging him and send him a message saying, looking forward to hearing back from you today, had such a great time.
Speaker 1: Loved the apartment.
Speaker 5: And then she went to message me, but messaged him again and said residential real estate agents are just the worst people.
Speaker 1: And then he replied.
Speaker 4: I suppose that text has not meant for me, or was it?
Speaker 5: She is.
Speaker 1: Period, period, period.
Speaker 2: It's been a long time since I've been embarrassed, and that is so embarrassing.
Speaker 3: Residential real estate agents not the worst, the worst people. That is the craziest thing about I can't believe this actually happened. And in the time since I have stopped looking with these two women only because the appearance of a three bedroom house in these and suburbs who are looking very grim.
Speaker 4: But I think they're in.
Speaker 3: A bit of a pickle because now their names are on file for this very prestigious, very well known real estate. Like if you were the guy and you've got a message like that, surely you put them on a blacklist.
Speaker 4: Is the blacklist real I don't know like, anyone here a real estate agent, Are you honest? Be honest?
Speaker 2: Has anyone been blacklisted or has experience with someone who's been blacklisted?
Speaker 3: Oh? You have.
Speaker 5: Them?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, but you're not a real estate babe.
Speaker 5: I don't believe.
Speaker 4: I've definitely estate black listing. Wow.
Speaker 2: Do you think it's like a really sophisticated scare tactic? If we're all assuming there's this like blacklist that we're all trying not to be on, and so we are on the side of caution, We're trying not to be like prickly or do anything so we don't get blacklisted. But there's this many people in a room, and we know how many people and nobody knows of anyone who who's been blacklisted. Maybe it's fake.
Speaker 4: Oh I think blacklisting exists.
Speaker 3: I just mean more in a real estate capacity, or like what is a blacklist?
Speaker 4: Is it a physical list?
Speaker 3: Is there like a network of people putting them into a document?
Speaker 2: I mean this is assuming that to the real estate agent, your friend's names were that memorable.
Speaker 3: I mean it's pretty it's pretty funny, Like if you were him, you'd be screenshowing it sending around, you know, bella property or.
Speaker 2: LJ.
Speaker 4: Hooker, you're the Rubenstein groups. We should you Gavin on this segment, see how he would respond. I mean, I reckon, you'll be fine.
Speaker 2: To be honest, you might not be fine.
Speaker 5: I was.
Speaker 2: I saw a video that Domain posted a little like tiktoki whatever of seventy people lining up for seven hundred a week two bedroom.
Speaker 4: That's not unusual, yep.
Speaker 2: I would never line like if if that's any people are going, it's done. You're not getting the apartment, just tap out.
Speaker 4: I know, but someone's gonna win it. I don't know about all that.
Speaker 2: To be fair, I feel like that story was worthwhile just to say it's been done before. Personally, I want all my interactions with my real estate. If I'm gonna have any kind of commotion, I want to be postly signing I'm going ham.
Speaker 4: I don't even care anymore.
Speaker 2: I feel like I've been like fearmonged into being like, don't do this, don't say this. It's not charity work, especially renting in Sydney. You're gonna hear from me King.
Speaker 4: I'm very excited.
Speaker 3: Hopefully I've heard that there might be a tenant. You know how we have to give like good referra. We have to get referrals to be given a house.
Speaker 4: I think now there's talk about being getting well who are the people that win them?
Speaker 3: Or landlord landlord references that TikTok mean yeah, but no, it's a thing.
Speaker 4: And it was that comedian that started what's his name? Tom?
Speaker 3: Do you do an't when else see that TikTok of that comedian and be like, yeah, we need to get landlords giving references. I literally read an article that's like this actually might happen.
Speaker 2: But not to be devil's I have recur But even if there are landlord references, rent is still on in the position where even having that reference is going to make it easier for them to find a place to live. Like the point remains like it is like a systemic issue where houses are a commodity. Therefore people will never be able to fairly get you know what I'm saying, Yeah, I do. So put the pressure on your real estate agent while you're in a mutual agreement. Anyway, if we're going to suffer, let's both suffer.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I'm calling up for the mold. I'm calling up for any little things, little chip on the wall, I'm calling.
Speaker 2: Then I'm like, the TAP's leaking. They're like, did you check? No, you fix it? Anyway?
Speaker 4: That's on that well ra pitch that guy.
Speaker 2: I honestly thought it's going to be a voice member from the real estate agent.
Speaker 4: You cheat it up? Oh imagine that? I mean, was it worth a payoff? Put your paddle up? Yeah, sympathy paddles.
Speaker 2: They would never do that.
Speaker 5: Do that.
Speaker 1: This is flex and froomes.
Speaker 2: I'm going to confuse you even more by talking about the different types of hot girl there is. That is a phrase that's been floating around on the Internet for ages, but i'day it's popularized by Megan the Stallion in her hit single Hot Girl Shit Anyway. So there's this TikTok user called the Jar who created their own version of the hot girl archetypes and broke it down even further so that you could find out your own I don't think this is a comprehensive, conclusive list, but it's good to know what's being used. So to start with a few disclaimers, being a hot girl or having hot girl energy HG is based on personality and preference, not on how you look.
Speaker 4: So banshees are invited.
Speaker 2: Of course, bushpigs and banches can come. Anyone can have hot girl energy. You can be a hybrid of more than one of more than two hot girl. When I read the list, you'll know what this means. Hot girl energy isn't gendered. Anyone can have hot girl energy regardless of how you identify. And some men fall into hot girl prototypes. Others give up hot boy energy. Others just aren't. But you know, not talking about that right now. Okay, So the five hot girl archetypes are number one elusive, two ironic, three doesn't know it at all, four party, five weird off the dome.
Speaker 4: I think I know where we both are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, where are we weird? Yeah, weird hot girl? I think not everyone can do it. Not everyone can party with a weird hot girl.
Speaker 4: It's a specific genre. Okay.
Speaker 3: The elusive hot girl is a girl that doesn't have Instagram, or she is someone that does have Instagram but never shares anything personal.
Speaker 2: No. Elusive hot girls have finsters and they're yeah, come on now, no Elusif hot girl has finsters, nine posts on the grid. When she posts an Instagram story, it's like a hand and with like a ring. But it's blurry. And the next one is like a street sign. You're like, okay, where is she? I don't know?
Speaker 4: She's elusive.
Speaker 3: They're the opposite of elusive because they're trying.
Speaker 2: That's not what the word means. Elusive.
Speaker 3: Elusive is like to me, someone who's elusive is someone who's not doing planned content.
Speaker 2: That's not what the word means.
Speaker 4: Okay, what does the word mean? Go on, then I'll google it.
Speaker 2: Elucid doesn't mean you don't do spunk.
Speaker 3: On you just want to take that for yourself. Elusive, elusive is difficult to find. Catcher achieve exactly. Someone who doesn't have social media. I know a lot of hot people that don't have social media.
Speaker 2: Next, allegedly, how do we know they're not on socials? Okay, the next one ironic meme girl runs a meme account. Meme girls definitely hot in a like I don't even know how to do my makeup way, but it's like a perfect base every time. It's tricky And also like comedians, I run a cop doesn't know it annoying?
Speaker 4: Boring?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're not themselves annoying, but I don't like that tag. What it's very like you don't know your BEAUTIFU.
Speaker 2: What if some people don't know? But what if some people just don't know? I know a bunch of hot girls where I'm like, if you really knew how hot of a hot girl you were, you wouldn't.
Speaker 1: Act like this.
Speaker 4: Interesting Now I relate to that.
Speaker 3: Oh not personally, but I know people around me that I'm like, why are you doing this?
Speaker 4: They should be chasing you?
Speaker 2: Okay? And then we have the party hot girl, which is as simple, that's a classic archetype. I like that on a lot. Then weird hot girl, how would you describe us for me?
Speaker 4: So you agree, yeah, weird hot girl.
Speaker 3: You thought they were hot physically, then you got to know their personality and it completely ruled them out.
Speaker 2: I say that to you verbata yes, yeh, triggered, yes.
Speaker 3: Triggled in this moment. Now I reckon weird hot girls, like it's like crazy kinky, No, you've lost me, but keep going crazy?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 3: Is Brooks laughing our producer because she knows I'm right, are crazy?
Speaker 4: Is it weird weird hot.
Speaker 2: Weird hot girl?
Speaker 3: Weird hot girl is for a specific type of men, a weird hot girl.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, true? Okay, So so was Louis.
Speaker 2: Wow, we've got four weird hot girls in the building. True.
Speaker 3: I think a weird hot girl is especially interesting in relation to a straight man who is attracted to the weird hot girl.
Speaker 2: Why would we reference a straight man. We're talking about weird hot girls, babe.
Speaker 3: Because the weird hot girls that I'm relating to have interesting men. I think there's a specific type of man that goes for weird hot girls, and they're like anime adjacent. They were a lot of black, they're a bit like emo presenting, and they like the weird girl because they're kind of different.
Speaker 4: But they're also really hot.
Speaker 2: So for those of you who don't know what a weird hot girl is, just look to your local man.
Speaker 3: Well, I think these things don't happen in a vacuum anyway.
Speaker 4: I just know the type. I've experienced a lot of them.
Speaker 1: This is flex and frooms.
Speaker 2: For some reason, since I watched that movie Fresh I think it was on yet Disney. Plus, it's about this girl who ends up unknowingly dating a cannibal and a human butcher and he sells this meat to billionaires. For some reason, my whole feed has now like warped itself to send me cannibal centered content. It's actually quite interesting because it did introduce us to that company by Labs, who wants to tackle the sustainability crisis and how terrible meat farming is for the universe. We'll just earth by making artisanal bring brethren into this by making an artisanal soalami from celebrities meat cells. And then from there, I shared that video onto our social media's TikTok and Instagram, and then somebody sent me a DM and said, oh, you know about the guy who served his friend's tacos made out of his own meat? And I was like, I absolutely do not know that story, and I'm sad.
Speaker 4: To say that.
Speaker 2: Give me a link, please, And they did give me a link, and it's so absurd, but I think it's important that we get into it. Listen to this starts with a question, if you could taste human flesh in an ethical way, would you, of course wear a hard Yes, don't do this. We've already discussed we're a hard Yes, We're gonna lead the charge in ethical cannibalism and if you won't join me, I'll do it myself anyway. But then there was a Reddit post a couple of years ago, maybe like four to five right now, of this guy who shared this story of a motorcycle crash that put him face to face with this maca hypothetical. Basically, a car hit his bike and then sent him like careening into a nearby forest just like absolutely he survived, basically, but his foot was shattered to a point that he wouldn't be able to walk again. So doctors asked, it's got to go, like, so we're gonna amputate where you want to amputate from? You wanna do ankle gone? Do you want to do like the whole like the tibr the to the floot what do you want? He was like, yeah, we'll amputate the whole calf, But like, can I keep what you amputate? Which I think is pretty fair because when I got my wisdom teeth taken out, I was.
Speaker 1: Like can I keep it?
Speaker 2: And my dad was like, yeah, baby, can keep it, and then I made jewelry out of it.
Speaker 4: But this is like bio waste.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty sure you're not allowed to keep shit that comes out of your body, which we can do a whole.
Speaker 2: Episode on, but I mean, is my teeth that came out of my body or is it my bone anyway? I did keep my teeth, made jewey out of it. Posted online. People were like, you're not allowed to keep that. I'm like, well it's done now, is it my ears anyway? So his doctor said yes, and so a couple of weeks after we got his leg amputated, he invited ten of his quote unquote most open minded friends to a brunch where he served things like kish and fruit tarts and chocolate cake, but the main course was a for heater taco made from his severed human limb.
Speaker 3: My mouth is watering from disgustingness. There's a that yeah, you know, when you fail, you're about to vomit comes in.
Speaker 2: It's gear and up, it's gearing up, it's priming the orifice anyways at the time, And I don't know if that's changed recently, But the US didn't have a federal law against cannibalism, like it's not technically banned, and Idaho is the only state in which the act of eating human flesh can land you in prison. So there are laws against murder and buying and selling human meat, but realistically eating human meat not illegal. So in his case, it was not only legal but ethical because he decided he was serving it. It's his limb, and he shared it with people who were willing to participate. So basically the article goes into like different questions about the experience, and one of the questions was, how did you convince ten friends to eat the foot with you? He's like, I invited eleven people. I said something like, I remember how we always talked about how if we ever had the chance to ethically eat human meat, would do it. Well, I'm calling you on that. Are we doing this or what? In terms of how they cooked the food, marinate the food human meat, they marinated it overnight and sortate it with onions, pepper, salt, and lime juice. I'd personally use garlic. Well whatever. Then they served it on corn or teas with a tomatillo sauce. And how did it taste? Do you want to know?
Speaker 4: Can I guess?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Like pork? He said.
Speaker 2: This particular cut the foot was super beefy, had a very pronounced beefy flavor to it. The muscler cut was tough and chewy. It tasted good, but the experience wasn't the best. One friend had to spit it into a napkin and that was it.
Speaker 4: I would if I ate that I'd never be eating again.
Speaker 2: Come often and how many times eaten? Something that you've been told is meat but it is so miscellaneous, you like it could be anything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love cocktail. Frank Fence exactly.
Speaker 1: Brought to you by Keta. This is The Flex and Room's Summer Sessions podcast