Speaker 1: Quest. Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: He going his belly and go up the stairs and he's got eyes like he's on crack.
Speaker 3: I also think I gurgle more than an average person versus madam, My money's.
Speaker 1: On the nuts. The Christian O'Connell Show, Gold one O four Hey, come on.
Speaker 4: In Monday morning. Welcome to the Christian O'Connell Show. Come on in Jack morning, guys, coome on in Patsy. Is everyone excited about fourteen hours from now?
Speaker 5: And the materialdas must win games.
Speaker 3: It's the hottest ticket in town. I'm bumped into a friend yesterday who's going tonight. It's so so rare to like, we tried everything to get tickets tonight.
Speaker 5: We got Yeah. My daughter's left home now.
Speaker 4: She's at university at Melbourne hor and ten of her mates are going under fed Square, which would be amazing tonight to watch the game is it's all on tonight. It literally is sported demands tension and there's prop at tension. It's a must win game at the home advantage as well. But Samka over the weekend, the big news on Saturday, the most talked about Calves and Showbiz.
Speaker 5: Samka is playing tonight.
Speaker 4: I don'tually play the full game where they bring on the first half or someone second off, but it is amazing that sam goes playing tonight.
Speaker 5: Do we think they're gonna win?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? They win.
Speaker 4: They have to win.
Speaker 2: Yes, of course they will.
Speaker 4: We need to use this show today as a platform for positivity to direct using the billboards whatever means. We haven't notice that producer Kate in the studio has her Matilda's scarf on Good Morning Caitlyn, Hi, I was just took a deep breath there, like it's Christmas Day.
Speaker 6: When you just said before do we think they're gonna win?
Speaker 4: It?
Speaker 2: It was a bit quiet.
Speaker 6: I was gonna be like, yes, no, bring that today.
Speaker 3: We need that.
Speaker 4: There might be people who maybe not seen all the games and it's been an amazing World Cup in some great games and brilliant goals. You were just taking Jack and I about the point situation today.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so it's it's a tough one because what's happening.
Speaker 4: I notice you with glays Nov when I and I even, I was like, there are a lot of perplications.
Speaker 3: I'll give you the shorter because Caitlyn came through and said, well, we need to win. But if we draw tonight and Nigeria do this and this and then and then it goes back to games before and goals kicked. The short of it is, we have to win tonight.
Speaker 6: We have to win all they have to lose by two.
Speaker 5: So both games are running at the.
Speaker 6: Same time, both eight pm tonight and.
Speaker 4: So what Australia has to win. If we don't win, what happens is that it we're out.
Speaker 6: So if we don't win and we draw, Nigeria has to lose by two because if they lose by one, we're on equal points, and then it goes down to other games played outside of the competition. Is really yeah, four and against is how I've read it, is how I understand it. For and against outside of the competition, and we.
Speaker 4: Lose still, so what would they go back and analyze.
Speaker 6: I have no idea, but it just said like they will go further down and then it I.
Speaker 3: Remember that from past competitions where they even go down sometimes, so they go who scored the most goals, who conceded the most goals, Then they go to things like who got the most red cards, So like the nor tears team loses.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we have to win.
Speaker 5: We have we have to win.
Speaker 3: That's easy to win.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a must wing game.
Speaker 4: So what else are you doing today to get to bring any good luck to the team?
Speaker 5: Calen Okay.
Speaker 6: So the first game they ever played, I bought a scarf. Right they played against France in the friendly. I wore that to the game they won. Then I wore it the first game they played they won. Then I didn't wear it.
Speaker 4: Oh my, it's your fault, Nigeria.
Speaker 3: Why why didn't you bring it?
Speaker 2: Was probably a busy day.
Speaker 6: I was focused on the show and I just forgot to put.
Speaker 4: It shows out of four hours.
Speaker 3: Hard workout to have a scarff on that might slow me down running phone call, phone.
Speaker 4: Call, Friday show, so sing as a scarf.
Speaker 6: So I put the scarf on today and I know that we'll make them win.
Speaker 4: And can you see Sam Kirk getting a goal? The best thing is she scores with the first five minutes.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Look, we've taken a lot of corners. So I feel like with her in there and her getting up that high, she's brilliant at it. She's the best in the world at it. I reckon we will score a goal and it will be Sam Kerk.
Speaker 5: I love this positivity. I want to get Matilda Scarf.
Speaker 1: Today The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast, Patsy, how was your weekend?
Speaker 2: Oh, wasn't the weather fantastic?
Speaker 4: Seriously, what a gift? You know, you can almost feel the potential of spring is coming around the corner.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I wore a T shirt all weekend like it was not winter at all.
Speaker 4: Anything else with it.
Speaker 5: Just the T shirt.
Speaker 2: Rewilding wild out West anyway, really got us in the mood to get out in the garden and clean it up. We've got like a patio off our bedroom which is pretty feral, like all the pavers and stuff are green because it never sees sugn And I've been on too, Chris. We need to do something nice, so it's nice to look out on it on a Sunday with My.
Speaker 4: Wife gets very activated when it's sundy, like actually starts looking around and this means the stuff to do. Spring waking up means like God, Chris, surety, you can see that out there. There's a of hours at least of stuff to do. Sport Chris.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well this is foul, so I said, we need to get out there pressure spray and there's the colorbond fence down the side and it sort of glares at you in the face when you look out there. And I said, we really need to do like we've been.
Speaker 3: Saying, hard to fall asleep in the fence looking at you like that's judgmental.
Speaker 2: It's really ugly, and like we've been in the house for nearly twenty five years, and I think we've said for every one of those twenty five years we must do something with that fence. And I said, you know what, this is it the times come. We're going to go to Bunning's and let's get some of that fake hedging stuff that you can, you know, put on the fence. That's what it needs. It goes, Yeah, that's a good idea. No, you can get some really nice.
Speaker 4: To cover over the jet skis as well.
Speaker 3: Anyway, so we go.
Speaker 4: To and grows something.
Speaker 2: Now, No, because no, it's a difficult. This is a thing because it doesn't see sun.
Speaker 4: There's not a lot you can timber design carton g glaring fence, fair old patio.
Speaker 3: Where the sun never shotes.
Speaker 4: Like a kid's theme part.
Speaker 2: With all these names, everything we've tried to plant. There has always dyed, even ferns.
Speaker 4: It's just not what even about us saying evergreen conifer.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't like a cornerver they get too big, and I don't like the smell.
Speaker 3: Of it's got nothing in a plastic head.
Speaker 2: You're quite right, there's nothing like the.
Speaker 4: Smell some of the office plants from her hair. They're all plastic and fake.
Speaker 2: Anyway, So we went to Bunnings, found the hedging that looks fantastic. Let's get it. Yep, we're set, And he said, you know, before we go, I really want to check out the smokers because he's just got a little smoker and he wants to upgrade now that he's running to them.
Speaker 4: It's like TVs. You might think sixty five is big enough. It isn't go seventy five eighty five. Running a campaign at the moment to get a larger TV, and I need petitions. I need names for it, because I don't think you can have a big enough TV.
Speaker 3: You guys have a big TV.
Speaker 4: We'll hear this. No, I'm turning it out. It's sixty five, it looks like seventy five. And I measured that yesterday diagonally, and it's not I need to go up to ninety five.
Speaker 2: Oh can you get ninety five?
Speaker 3: You the one you guys go to homies.
Speaker 2: We've got an eighty, which is ridiculous.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, that's good. Eighty is good. I'm stretching to an eighty five at the moment. I know that true enlightenment for me is an eighty five inch TV.
Speaker 3: But you don't need a big smoker as well, because he's who's he cooking for? That's it that dog?
Speaker 4: That's time John cooking for that big dino dog.
Speaker 2: He can't fit a full rack of ribs in there, he said, no, this won't do.
Speaker 4: To Stone cooking for who needs a full rack?
Speaker 2: Well, usually when he does a big cook up, people do like to come over because he's quite good at it, and so he has to sort of like he's cooking all day. He said, no, I need a bigger smoke er. I said, that's good. That can be your Christmas present. Let's go to we can when we're there looking at the hedging, have a look at a cook.
Speaker 4: You know what in el Serian says, yesterday, I was pushing for this new TV right and I even said to my wife. Look, if I get him to say, it's my Christmas present, she said, what are you twelve? Last time on a push for Christmas present in July?
Speaker 3: You are man, You've got to go for this one. It will be my Christmas present and birthday present.
Speaker 4: Christmas. I won't ask day. Chris wants the bigger smoke and the smokers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I said, so I'll go into the gardens.
Speaker 4: What you thinking of off set? Is he going to go Traiger?
Speaker 2: Well, he's very confused. I think he's not sure whether to go for the pellets, like the proper wood fire.
Speaker 5: Or the pets.
Speaker 4: They're very easy, the pellets so clean.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I keep saying that to him. Anyway, he said, look, I'll just be fifteen minutes. I said, you know, Worries, just come get me. I'll be in the garden section. He was like forty.
Speaker 4: Five, and the howling at the moon in the smokers.
Speaker 3: His own ribs in. You can't put that in here.
Speaker 4: He's butchering a cow right now, trying each of them out.
Speaker 2: Like a gave man.
Speaker 4: So did he buy anything? No?
Speaker 2: No, no, just just looking.
Speaker 4: God, all you left was some fake hedge.
Speaker 2: So I said to him, I'll get your vouchers. Is I don't know what you want.
Speaker 4: You need your nephew that just like you saw out yourself.
Speaker 2: I literally going to get what he needs.
Speaker 4: We'll just make it go with him and then make a.
Speaker 2: Prim Oh.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: It is a bit like a dog whistle.
Speaker 4: If you start talking about smokers, men wherever they are get activated. When I went to the movie Barbie last weekend, there's no spoilers were about to say, but there's a whole scene that's very funny about how did distract men Exactly. One of them was about talking about the Godfather movie, and my daughter turned to me, like, you know, on the flight bank from the UK, you did a five minute speech about why I had to watch the Godfather movie and I'm watching it on the Barbie thing. The other thing they should have talked about was smokers. There are so many texts coming in right now of smokers at Chris has to get. Really all of them are like best smoke, grev, you gotta get this one, and then eight exclamation marks all right time now for not on Monday, if you are already at work, this is for you. Give us a call nine one four three while the rest of the city is asleep. You're already at work, knocked on. You might be on your way to work right now. That's you give us a call. We have dedicated now mugs, an't.
Speaker 3: We Everybody who gets on the show this morning will get a Christian O'Connell show mug with I'm knocking on with the Christian ocnor Show written on the back.
Speaker 4: Also up for grabs. There's a pair of tickets. This is a great new Human League. One of the best fans out of the eighties are doing Dare Live, an incredible album and other hits. March at the Palais Theater double passes see the Human League. I just want to this is next year, so is there? We're doing these announcement now. It's like March already. March next year, Saturday, ninth of March Day for diary Human League at the Palais. You can win a double pass just by calling up this morning. If you're already at work.
Speaker 1: Well, Christian no connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: All right right now then, if you're already at work, well, the rest of the city is a we want to celebrate that. Nine four one one oh four three. We have gifts for you dedicated knock it on, a beautiful gift, a ceramic mug. Are these ones with the old tiny show logo written in point zero one?
Speaker 3: Tiny tiny logo. It's as if when they mocked it up on the website they didn't realize that they were making it in point one size. But it still has the show logo on there. You just needed magnifying class to see it, all.
Speaker 4: Right, So if you already will give us a called ninety four one four one oh four to three. Good morning, Greg, Good morning, Good morning, Greg. Thank you very much for cooler show. I've had a good weekend. So are you already on the roads? You're at work?
Speaker 8: Yes, for sure. Look I'm up at four in the morning and out on the road over driving getting people to work, getting at the airport. And I've just discovered to show in the last couple of days. And that's fantastic, loving it.
Speaker 4: Oh bless you, Greg. Welcome on board. And where are you listening to us right now? You're here in Melbourne. You're out about country Victoria.
Speaker 8: Towns or not Queens, wonderful part of the world.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you can hear it a loud and clear.
Speaker 8: Excellent. Yeah, through the app in my car. I just someoned across the by accident mucking around the music the other day, and yeah, I've had you guys on for the last three days.
Speaker 4: Now, I get there feeling that you are punching various bits on the car radio and you just sort of got stuck on us.
Speaker 5: And you're still stuck now.
Speaker 3: So you're on some kind of London radio station, very strong receiver.
Speaker 4: Hello London, you're the Queen Service, and Greg, we're going to send you a mug. Okay, one of our lovely, very small mugs. All the way to Townsville, I was hearing about that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I've got my glasses on, so I should be able to read the phone.
Speaker 4: Great, it's like a new itis Specs Savors are using it. If you can read the show name out.
Speaker 3: It would seem a waste to send you the Human League tickets to the fly you into town.
Speaker 4: Greg, Thank you very much.
Speaker 8: I grew up with a.
Speaker 4: What do you want to come and see them here in Melbourne? It's in March. You can save up flights.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'd love to hear.
Speaker 5: Yeah that said brilliant album.
Speaker 4: Greg, Come on, come on, come onto, the show honestly, and thank you very much for give us a coup. You can go and that you can have the human lead tickets. He's gonna sell March next year.
Speaker 8: That would be amazing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're yours, Greg. All right, Greg, thank you very much for joining the show. It's got to Judy. Now, come on, Judy, Good morning, morning Judy. How was your weekend?
Speaker 9: My weekend was great? How was yours?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Great? Thanks Judy? And you at work right now?
Speaker 5: What do you do? I me Curia and what are you How long you've been doing that?
Speaker 9: About seventeen years?
Speaker 4: Seventeen years? And what have you ferried around over the years?
Speaker 9: Oh, explosives popular final shocks for the aquarium?
Speaker 4: All right, listen, we're gonna have to slow this down. This is first of all, we'll come with Shanson and I did hear that one? Explosive? So who do you work for?
Speaker 9: I worked for Silk. I've worked for different companies over the years. But but they're not explosive black T and T. They're chemicals that are very very explosive and yeah, very hesitive. You want to learn to drive before you carry those things.
Speaker 4: Are nervous with that in the back of the car, because no matter how could a driver you are, someone could go in the back of you and then you're all blowing up in the air.
Speaker 9: Yeah, well have you said he's going that up my insurance?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 9: And you my daughter want to party?
Speaker 5: Gotcha?
Speaker 4: And and sharks?
Speaker 9: Yeah, just baby worms? Is a breeder in a sea sid the breton for the aquarium. We deliver the fish, food and everything for the aquarium.
Speaker 3: And is it sitting on like when you buy gold fish in that plastic bag and a bit of water on the.
Speaker 9: They probably are their big sylophone containers. But no, they're pretty well boxed up so we can't really see them. Wow, would you a shame?
Speaker 5: What was you put it on the passenger seat? You in a shark?
Speaker 9: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, those two people in the vehicle.
Speaker 4: Come on, Judy will send you Mark. Thank you very much for listen to the show. Have a good debt work, thank you. I will all right, jess mal good morning, good morning.
Speaker 7: How are you.
Speaker 4: I'm good maw. Have you had a great weekend? You're at work?
Speaker 5: And what do you do mate?
Speaker 10: I'm a demolish.
Speaker 5: And what are you going to be demolishing this morning?
Speaker 8: We're just finishing off up and out of basement, all that damn packing up to dirt.
Speaker 4: And so are you actually at work now or you're just trying to sort of get the energy together you sat in your car, or you actually at work right now about to start demolishing.
Speaker 2: I'm at work right here.
Speaker 8: I've already purled up the digger ready to go.
Speaker 4: I wonder how many kids, right we're obsessed with diggers. I was as a kid, And now you're doing the job that most little boys and girls, some of that are obsessed with doing that when they were kids.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it definitely obsessed with it when I was a kid, as will.
Speaker 4: So you're now on those rare people that actually the thing you're obsessed with as a kid, you're doing now.
Speaker 5: As a grown up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's correct.
Speaker 5: And you stood enjoy every day you get to blow stuff up.
Speaker 11: Well we don't blow stuff up.
Speaker 8: We get to pull it down and make a big miss clean it up.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I still enjoy it every day. Awesome. All right, man, I'll send you a mug if anyone else is listening, who does the job that they were obsessed with as a kid, Because I think that's the best thing in life, give us a call.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: We'll just chatting to Mail who works in excavation, putting things down. He's obsessed with us as a kid. He's now doing as a grown up the job that was obsessed with as a kid. If this is you, give us a call, Patsy, you dream of being a newsreader as a teenager or a.
Speaker 2: Dream of yours from about eight years of age eight, Yeah, Mum put me into speech elocution because I wasn't speaking correctly and I was saying Monday Tuesday, and she said that's it.
Speaker 3: Onndy Tuesday, she said, you need.
Speaker 2: To your grammar's terrible. You need to learn to speak. And I had a dear old lady. She was about eighty, missus Jake or anyway. Then she put me into a stedfits because she said, I think you're quite good at this.
Speaker 5: You have an amazing voice.
Speaker 4: You got great, Yeah, very very good. Oh.
Speaker 2: I listened to old tapes and I think, oh, I don't even recognize my voice. I guess you've developed it.
Speaker 5: Don't you think it takes years?
Speaker 2: Agatos absolutely does. But and that's sort of I loved public speaking and debating and stuff at school, and mom said, you know, why don't you do something different? I didn't. I was going to do hairdressing, and she said, do something different.
Speaker 4: What a great mum.
Speaker 2: What about radio? Don't do what you know? Just be different. It's okay to be different. So I went to the local radio station at three and A and that's what sort of started. I've been very, very blessed to be at Chris always reminds me. He says, you know, you don't know how lucky you are to have actually achieved what you always wanted to do. Not everyone gets to do that, So I do. I remember that every day, how lucky I am.
Speaker 5: It's a lovely story. Patsy. What about you, Jackie? Will you dreaming of doing this as a teenager?
Speaker 3: Mine was rockstar, so I didn't quite make it to the big stage. But yeah, when I was a kid playing pretending to play guitar with a cricket bat in front of the stereo, and I thought that I would be.
Speaker 4: It's too chy because I know you were into your bands and your music and punkers of that, but that.
Speaker 3: Was the thing that was that was the ultimate goal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, why don't you do a gig and be a rock star again.
Speaker 3: I played, I've played since, but sometimes you just don't have the talent Christian to take you all the way.
Speaker 4: There's plenty of people we play who don't have a lot of talent but still get played on this radio station.
Speaker 2: Jacket I should do a gig, I would definitely go to that jacket.
Speaker 4: I'd come along do it, but get the band back together.
Speaker 3: You know. The first gig I ever played was at the high school that I went to. On a Friday night, they put on concerts and we were the first band on stage, and they said, hey, just so there's music playing when people come in to the auditorium, start playing while the doors are still locked. So we come out on stage and there's nobody in there, and we have to go all right, one, two, three, four, start playing, and then they unlocked the doors and people like dribble in and they're like, why is there a band already playing? So having even just the two of you in the audience would be probably my biggest gein we double the capacity of what you have performed.
Speaker 4: All right, So if you're doing the job now that you dreamt of as a kid, give us a call.
Speaker 5: Naine four one four one oh four three, Good morning.
Speaker 4: Ian Borning, Christian Patsy Jack, how a so Ian.
Speaker 5: As a kid you dreamt of doing what was.
Speaker 4: It a firefighter and you are now a firefighter.
Speaker 11: I am now a firefighter. So my uncle took me down to the station in the UK when I was about five, put me in the big red truck for the helmet on, got to hold the hose and I thought, oh, that's all right. And then I went up and was a teacher for a little while. And then I saw the ad in the paper and I thought, oh, yeah, you know what. I want to go do that and I've been doing it for sixteen years.
Speaker 4: Good on you. Amazing thing to do as well. You guys are so brave everyone who does that. And I always think it's interesting when you trace back to your early first loves in life.
Speaker 5: How many later on in life you come back.
Speaker 4: And it's like a full till find you again. Yeah, you come back to and you rediscover it. It's amazing, you know.
Speaker 3: They put ads in the paper for Fine and wanted Yes, do you like water?
Speaker 4: Do you like heat? We've got a job for you. Ian, thank you very much to give us a call mate and thank you for what you do as well.
Speaker 11: Now that's okay, Thanks guys.
Speaker 4: Maureen, good morning, Good morning Christian and the game morning. Marine. Have you had a good weekend? So, Marine, what did you dream of doing as a.
Speaker 7: Kid, Well, well, I was a little life to love the show Prisoner. Yes, and would you believe last year in my fifties, I had a career change and I now work in a prison.
Speaker 4: Oh I love. I love people's stories of zigzagly lives. That is awesome. So do you work in a prison now? Are you training?
Speaker 7: No? I work in a prison in the admin area and I've been there for our process business and I've been there for about six months and I sort of got my foody in the door. And now my mom blind to be a correction officer in September to hopefully be starting next year.
Speaker 5: This is awesome.
Speaker 4: I love that. Good on you, Marine, that's incredible.
Speaker 7: You know, I always loved Prisoner and Be and Lizzie and I was a real big Prisoner fan. And I thought, you know what, you're never too old in your mid fifties to start having.
Speaker 4: Correct Never too old, there's no real straight Yeah that's great, but I love the fact that your inspiration some people might have been for to how people see the right side of life, but for you, it's the TV show The Prisoner. How many how many other people that work in the correction industry it was because they watching The Prisoner would have gone either way. You are either criminal or the other side of the big door.
Speaker 7: That's right. Well I'm on the right.
Speaker 4: Side though, Tristan, Yes, and stay that way please all right, Marine, good love with all thanks recording.
Speaker 7: No way, thanks bye.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Christian know Kyl's Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Thirteen hours from now, it will be kickoff in the must win game of.
Speaker 5: The World Cup.
Speaker 4: You've got the one of the host countries. Australia have to beat Canada tonight and Sam Kerr is back. The calves are touched word no training, no training today. Gustavson was Gustaveson in the movie Rattatilli. By the way, he think he.
Speaker 3: Studs like I think Starveson.
Speaker 4: Do you remember when the name is familiar Gustaveson? Do you see the coach of Verna Matilda is it looks like he was in like an eighties pop bound whenever writes in the hair and the look about him. Anyway, Sam Kerr is back tonight, which is amazing news for her and the team as well. I think Mary Fowler's back in as well. But it is a must win game. So in about half an hour's time, we're in two week two on a winter billboard and we're going to use the billboards today all over town on the Thepee and the Bowlty, the Princess Freeway, tell of free when the monash to get behind the Matilda's your motivational messages. In twenty minutes time before that, we want to hear how your weekend wasn't six words, Patsy, what's it for you? Yes?
Speaker 2: Our Saturday special was rudely interrupted. Let me explain. We have a day, a date day on a Saturday because Audrey has about four hours of ballet and jazz, so it's she loves it, loves it. So she goes for four hours on a Saturday across the middle of the day. And this is just like a new thing sort of this year. So we suddenly after what is she now twelve years of coming up for air and thinking, oh my goodness, we've got four hours together as just a couple again. It's like we've rediscovered right there, like two steps ahead of me. So we'll normally go and have a nice lunch, which we did last Saturday, and then we can have some desserts. Yeah, Mammy and Daddy time work off the meal. You get some special cuddles. Anyway, so we're all get up. Saturday. We're driving home after a very nice lunch at Shadow facts Y.
Speaker 5: Chris has got Simon on trying to get back.
Speaker 2: One leg out the door, and my phone rings and it's Audie and she says, oh, Mom, the teachers not coming to jazz. She's sick. It's being canceled. So you need to come pick me up now. I said, now are you sure? She goes yeah. Now, but you've only been there two hourss No no, no, like we're done. I'm out in the front. You need to come get me. And the color just like fell from Chris's face. It's like opportunity missed.
Speaker 5: Turning that car around. So no, that's it.
Speaker 4: No, No afternoon tolight none? Oh chance interrupt us.
Speaker 2: Yes, so it's a bit like lotto at Jackpots next week.
Speaker 4: Oh, to roll over.
Speaker 2: Some of the stuff I talked about, I forget the microphones.
Speaker 1: On the Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: If you have kids, whether they're young or they're teenagers, that what Patsy was talking about. That is what parents live for. It's also Saturday Saturday afternoon for us. Patsy the other week, or as I call it, hey hate Saturday. The other week, we were almost at the nuther Boar, shall we say, and my wife goes the dog and first in the throes of it, I thought, oh, it's like a new name for me and.
Speaker 1: Your dog.
Speaker 4: And then she goes, no, no, no, the dog is watching and I look around, a horrible little yappy dog, the little purp is what has been watching this? And I go, doesn't matter, guys, No, no, no, I can't let them see me like that. Can you?
Speaker 3: Can you wait until everybody's asleep in the house.
Speaker 2: No, too risky, too many fireworks check.
Speaker 4: Yeah. And also teenagers stay up late on their phones and they sense, they sense that you're around or you're trying to have joy. Where my scholar shirt shake? Jackie boy?
Speaker 5: What's your six word weekend?
Speaker 3: My six words are a phone call from David King, ex North Melbourne Premiership player David King gave us a call Bianca and I both on Friday afternoon after Remember I told you Bank had a crush on AFL three sixties. Jared Whiteley.
Speaker 4: Yeah, very high, brown top, end of town and a supreme broadcaster.
Speaker 3: That's our favorite. Actually, when Gordy goes to sleep, our favorite thing to do is put on AFL three sixty and catch up from the night before.
Speaker 4: That different what Patsy and I were talking about. Anyway, each couple to the Roman, whatever you get you can.
Speaker 3: Biankie confided that her TV crush is Jared Waiteley, which is maybe unconventional, so much so that David King played it to Jared Whiteley on their se and Breakfast show last week. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure whether you're aware of this, but this morning on Goaliff him Jack Post is just let's just let's just play some audio that I think.
Speaker 4: I think we'll concern us all, but we'll get your opinion on it. Post Wife Bianca has a.
Speaker 3: Very unusual crush football pundit Jared Watley.
Speaker 4: So now it's out. Now a man knows about it.
Speaker 3: Now he knows about it. So Kingy from the pub on Friday afternoon, what gave us a call? Yes, now I've only met him one time, and he helped us out with one last and a lovely guy. Lovely guy. So he calls us from the problem.
Speaker 4: He's obviously had to cut the fairs. I'll call Jack Post and not.
Speaker 3: Only that, so he gets our friend Steph from fox Footy, who's his producer at fox Footye, to make the phone call. She's saying like, hi, Jack, and then in the background I can hear King of going like, ask about they want Bianka to come in to sie it next week, to meding.
Speaker 4: You in this this out on his show, King if you dare.
Speaker 3: He is, and he thinks it's okay to ring me afternoon and get me to facilitate.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, no no no no, Hey bring your wife in, yes, drop her off you head home.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm not even invited. What should I do now? Now Bianker is in this.
Speaker 2: She was still about it.
Speaker 3: She was on speaker first. She's like an indecent proposal, so she doesn't want to be sat in this awkwardness. I'm triangle dragged into a radio show and have to look at the person that you called the crush in their eyes, but knowing that it could never be because you're already married. I remind you Bianca, you're already You're.
Speaker 4: Very insistent there, but it can never be because you're already married the vowels.
Speaker 3: But then I've got afl legend Kingy asking us a favor pouring at your.
Speaker 4: Door, basically saying, g man's on heat. Lend us your wife Jared.
Speaker 3: Us also is married. So I mean, I'm sure he doesn't want the interaction.
Speaker 4: I want to tell you what. There's tense body language right now. Can you see what's going the arms.
Speaker 3: Christ him, I think against se and we should say no, you can't have any of our players essentially going over to your team.
Speaker 5: So how is this left?
Speaker 11: Was?
Speaker 4: How did you leave it? Because you're a polite guy.
Speaker 5: And been nice to hear from KINGI, yeah, what did you did you agree something?
Speaker 3: Well? I said, I'm going to pass you on to Steph the producer, not Kingy directly. I'll pass you on Blanka's number, so that on Monday you just give them your wife's number. On Monday, you guys can talk about it on your like privately to see if she really wants to do it or not.
Speaker 4: Your wife like that.
Speaker 3: She was on the phone call.
Speaker 2: She was she could hear everything no, you facilitated that.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, Pimp Daddy the Christian Connall Show podcast.
Speaker 4: We are into the second week on Win a Billboard, where every day this week we're giving you the billboards. Your message can go on these big electronic billboards that you see all over Melbourne and we can put your.
Speaker 5: Message up there within minute.
Speaker 4: Last week, here's what.
Speaker 9: Happened, Kennethy.
Speaker 4: Please bring back the forks or replace them, Mum. Mick wanted your humorous posty stories for publication.
Speaker 12: Adam, So, me and my mate we've opened up a little cafe in Thornberry and everything's five dollars, just to help out with everyone in this dribbling times.
Speaker 4: What would you like it to say, Adam?
Speaker 2: If maybe if we just said like five bucks, Schmark, everything's five bucks.
Speaker 4: How can we help you down?
Speaker 1: Well, all of them?
Speaker 7: A small country town called Thalds.
Speaker 1: We're trying to build a large cook of barrel.
Speaker 2: If we'll get enough moy we will give it a.
Speaker 4: Sig as well a snake. Yeah. Well, one thing at a time. Charlie Web start a.
Speaker 11: New children's band and we have our very first song coming out this Friday.
Speaker 4: Watch now Wake up this morning.
Speaker 12: Saw It's on the children's charts.
Speaker 4: Who's ahead of you? It's the Pokemon theme. Do you like the messages?
Speaker 10: Hey?
Speaker 4: Google play I love avocados by Easy Beasy. I think it's in.
Speaker 3: Small text down the bottom. Do you want death to the Pokemon theme or anything like that?
Speaker 4: Yeah? All right, little update then on the new hot kids band Easy Peasy, who single came out on Friday.
Speaker 5: There is so addictive this.
Speaker 4: This was my airworm on Friday. I watch an airworm anyway. Good news. Hi, I'm Michael and.
Speaker 3: I'm Harmony from Easy Pasy.
Speaker 6: We just wanted to say a huge thank you to the Christian O'Connor show for all of the billboards.
Speaker 2: It helps us get to number one.
Speaker 4: That is amazing. Dream I love avocado on Spotify.
Speaker 5: Now well done.
Speaker 4: All right, today we do something different with the billboards. We all need to get behind. The whole country needs to get behind. Motivate, lift the matildas. It is a must win game tonight in the Women's World Cup. It's right here in Melbourne as well. Just over twelve hours time. Tonight, Australia ranked tenth in a world taken on Canada, who are ranked seventh in the world. Huge game and good news she's back her first outing at the Women's World Cup here in Australia. Sam Kirk going to be huge tonight, sold out at Amy Park.
Speaker 5: We have all these billboards.
Speaker 4: The team are here, they will see the billboards.
Speaker 5: We need to motivate them.
Speaker 4: We can have a couple of different messages because we've got five different sites around town. They are the Thepean Highway, the Boulty Bridge, Princess Freeway, where I believe the girls are training today, running up and down. That's starting. Your staff said, you know, take it easy, please, no one can guts you on to other freeway and the Monash as well. So what do you want to say to the matildas to motivate them to win tonight? They need to win.
Speaker 3: I've just scribbled something down just as you were talking. So this is a work in progress. Let's get ridiculouless and Curry's.
Speaker 4: Current capitals like that. Yeah. I read an interview with Hugh Chapman, him and his wife. Every day they imagine that whatever there is happening that day has already gone very very well. Okay, so they go, oh and today I had that meeting and it went very very well.
Speaker 3: Wolverine five will be mad and then.
Speaker 4: He's walking into what he believes. He's manifested success and it obviously works out for him. He's a very successful man. So I think it should say congratulates the Matildas in great winning against Canada. Am I cursing it?
Speaker 3: Seven nil?
Speaker 4: I'll be that headline to our like idiot English DJ ruins Matilda's boom.
Speaker 3: I like it at least one premonition billboard.
Speaker 4: Billboard. What do you want to say to the Matildas? Give us a call now and we put it on the billboards when the next five or ten minutes.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: So tonight, big game right here in melb and the Women's World Cup and an amazing tournament so far. It is a must wing the Mathildas against Canada tonight. Sam Kerr is back. It's all set. The need the spirit of ted Lasso tonight. To believe in yourself, to believe in one another man's that's fundamental to being alive.
Speaker 12: Hell, look, yo, hey, if you can do that, if each of you can truly do that, can't nobody rip that apart?
Speaker 4: All right? So we're using our billboards that we're giving away to you guys every day for your motivational messages ahead of tonight's game for Matildas, what would you like to say to the girls? Cool us nine four one four one o four three Christian, what about come waltz and Matilda with me? It's nice. This is not necessarily to do with the game tonight.
Speaker 3: If I smashing the knucks, if I was at Matilda driving down the street and I saw that would go because what do you want me to? Would you want me to do?
Speaker 4: We've got a game, Matilda's there's another. There's a lot of people playing around with the whole waltzing Matilda. Matilda's waltzing to a wink. That's that's better. Come on, Tilly's, I've got fifty bucks on you.
Speaker 3: Well, nothing motivates them.
Speaker 4: That's Patrick in Mountain Evening. Chris has got come on, Matilda's make those canucks souk good?
Speaker 5: That's good.
Speaker 4: Ricky's got come on, Ossie's you canna do this?
Speaker 5: I like that.
Speaker 4: You can do this, Jane. This must have been written late Friday night. If Carton can turn it around, you can too possible, Yes, Jody, just one word believe again. The spirit of Ted lasso Wendy till it's done.
Speaker 5: You've got this Matilda's.
Speaker 3: I guess that he's had to play on till Matilda.
Speaker 5: It's taking me a while to get that.
Speaker 3: It does sound like this sentence starts halfway through.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it feels like a message you get from me. Mum think she means do you mean that? Mum said, all right, So let's see what you want to say, Janine. Good morning, Janine.
Speaker 1: Hi are you going?
Speaker 4: I'm good Janine. So Matilda's what do you want to say to them on the billboards to get behind them for tonight's must win game?
Speaker 9: Come on, ladies, you can do what Astrayer is behind you.
Speaker 5: That's brilliant, Janine. You're watching it tonight.
Speaker 1: I'm probably have a look at it.
Speaker 5: That's a spirit.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, that is not the answer. Probably I haven't looked at it. Australia's right behind you. Brackets apart from Janine, subject to availability.
Speaker 3: Maybe the first ten to fifteen minutes.
Speaker 4: Australia's right behind you, not me. Love it.
Speaker 3: We're after a.
Speaker 4: Jeine, Thank you very much. You calka. No worries, Yeah, no, it sounds like it. No worries. Christina good morning, good morning. Oh get nervous. Now, ask you if they're going to watch the game. It's just us, Christina.
Speaker 5: What do you want the billboards to say to cheer on the Matilda tonight?
Speaker 9: Do it for all the little Matildas.
Speaker 5: Oh that's beautiful. You've got daughters, they've been watching them.
Speaker 6: I have.
Speaker 9: I've got an eight year old and a five year old and they are so excited for tonight.
Speaker 4: Oh great, they've been watching the game so far that I watched Thursday night.
Speaker 7: Yeah they did.
Speaker 9: We did, okay, but we had it but we didn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well they almost came back. They almost came back. Hopefully they can tonight they will, Christina. So your message you wanted to say, do it for all the Matildas to be all the Matildas to do. I love that. Thank you very much, Christina. Debbie, good morning.
Speaker 7: Australia's a party.
Speaker 3: Damn Majords, Tony say again, Yeah, you might just slow it down a bit.
Speaker 4: We love the passion. Just hard to hear.
Speaker 7: What is it, Debbie, Australia support you gom until this goes again?
Speaker 4: Is that whole Australia is apart from Janine at the moment, But Debbie, Thank you very much. Stuart's on the line now, Stewart coome morning.
Speaker 9: Good Morry, Christian. I've got a predictive billboard for you.
Speaker 8: Commerations Canada.
Speaker 4: There we Gosations Canada. That's very good.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Christian o'conls show podcast.
Speaker 4: Schmuck Canucks. That's mine, Schmucky Kanukeys. All right, it's time to change the billboards of Melbourne Live right now week two and winner billboard today. It's all about Matilda's getting behind the team for tonight's must win game against Canada right here in Melbourne at Amy Park. All right, some slogans, possible slogans are coming in. This is wrong. The chash go for gold made them green with envy.
Speaker 2: We've before though, haven't.
Speaker 3: They sounds a bit Olympics.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you don't win a gold medal at the end of this, Now, Patsy knows her way round a slogan and click, Blake, what have you got for us, Patty pressure.
Speaker 2: I can't really offer much more inspiration other than thanks for can I can I dumb Matilda's do it cannot duck Matilda's do it you bet we can.
Speaker 4: Ye a couple of dreams. You know, that's a try.
Speaker 5: Have you have a few waters in between?
Speaker 3: Again, just confusing as you're driving down the three?
Speaker 4: What did that says that DEI mail headline? Let's see what they've done? All right, so let's take a few more Kent. Good morning, damn good Kent. So what should it say on the billboards to cheer them to a big win?
Speaker 5: Tonight?
Speaker 9: Girls girls, girls, girls, girls, summer in King Street?
Speaker 4: All right, Ken, that's punching to the point. Thank you very much, David. Good morning, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 7: How are you going man?
Speaker 4: I'm good David. So what do you want the billboards to say?
Speaker 8: I think we should go down the patriotic line and say Matilda's will see your maple sandwich, maple syrup and raise your bed tomork sandwich.
Speaker 4: We got it. Second. Yep, that's very good David, Thank you very much. It's got to Mel here.
Speaker 7: Hello, Christian, Petsy and Jack.
Speaker 4: Let's the Matilda's on.
Speaker 5: What do you reckon?
Speaker 4: Mel?
Speaker 7: Time to play your game Matilda's show your flame?
Speaker 4: Like it flame and game? I like that?
Speaker 3: Happy with it?
Speaker 4: Mel?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, I like it?
Speaker 4: Game and Flame. That's great now, thank you very much.
Speaker 11: For that.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 1: See you all right.
Speaker 4: So we've got to make some decisions right now because we've got five different sites for these big billboards that'll be changed in the next couple of minutes.
Speaker 5: But Juicy Katelm, she's in a scar, she's been bouncing up and down.
Speaker 4: She is so excited about it tonight, number one fan, I reckon a number one fan, Kaylene.
Speaker 5: What would you like it to say? Mate?
Speaker 4: Because actually this is this really means something.
Speaker 6: It's a historic day for women and little girls all around Australia, and I think that we have to name it something. So I think Matilda's Miracle Monday. That'll be on all the headlines tomorrow when we win. And then underneath it says let's conquer like conquer Canada.
Speaker 4: So conquer Ceo and then a capuss k e double correct. I like that strong? Okay, that one is going through the billboards now, Okay, then I'll give you the choice. Okay, which side would you like? Would you love to be on? The nape and the Bolty Princess Freeway tulor or the Monash Monash popular.
Speaker 6: There's always something going there, so it's a bit slow, so people will really see it.
Speaker 3: Where do we think most likely the team will be to see it? Are they already Melbourne?
Speaker 4: They arrive today this morning apparently at eight seventeen, gret we'll get it up just in time. Yeah, Matilda Force one land right, they'd be at the baggage reclaim. I don't go to Hurtz car rental together cars? Do you want the monash? Okay? And what do you want? Your so going to say? I love this. Let's own that miracle Monday. Let's all believe in a miracle tonight.
Speaker 6: Matilda's miracle Monday.
Speaker 5: I love that all right, So we'll sh are the ones I love.
Speaker 3: I love Christina's one, Christina, yours? Do it for?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 3: Do it for all the little Matilda's. What are your daughter's names? And we'll say it's from your two girls, Whitney and Violet.
Speaker 5: Whitney and Violet. So we're gonna say it's from your two daughters.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Now I'll give you the choice.
Speaker 4: Christina. You can have this message all over the Nepean Highway, the bowld Tea, the Princess Freeway or the Tuller Freeway. Which one would you love?
Speaker 9: Please?
Speaker 4: That's it. You're gonna be a megastars. Then your two daughters are on the Nepean it'll be up there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I hope you and your daughters enjoy the game tonight.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much.
Speaker 4: Pleasure go Matilda's Which other ones do we like as well?
Speaker 3: Do we like vegiemint, sandwich beans, maple syrup?
Speaker 4: Yes, David, David, we're going to put your slogan on a billboard.
Speaker 8: I'd like to put it somewhere where there's likely to be at car parks. Are probably on the.
Speaker 4: Princess Princess Highway. Yeah, that's a car park every single morning. Yeah, definitely, David, You're slogan to be going up there.
Speaker 3: Thank you?
Speaker 5: All right anymore.
Speaker 3: Now I'm only thinking of that girls, Girls, Girls, which was.
Speaker 4: Appropriate, thinking of that thing that Patsy came up ken who all right, we'll come to some of the others.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Less than twelve hours ago. Matilda's then must win game tonight right here in Melbourne. It is the Women's World Cup. Matilda's taking on Canada tonight. That's it from Peter Stone. Hey, Canada, get ready to come a waltzing Matilda with us Christian one about this you go waltching into the finals Matilda's. That's from my Daniella. This one's got images, Christian. My deal for this is from Michelle. My deal for the billboard Christians. A picture of Sam car her foot on a socker ball crushing a maple leaf as it falls to the ground. The cartoon knock all this together here.
Speaker 5: Hell though, as a sentence, we have a crush on Canada.
Speaker 3: Not just send the wrong message, very.
Speaker 4: Strange message, but emotions are running high. So at the moment, the messages that we have that are going around Melbourne are from.
Speaker 3: Our eight year old and five year old Whitney and Violet do it for all the little Matilda's. I love that that's going up on the Depeane Highway. The Matildas will see your maple syrup and raise you a vegroomite sandwich. That's from David. That's going up on the Princess Freeway.
Speaker 5: Hot tip to David.
Speaker 3: Our very own Caitlin producer. Caitlin has Matilda's Miracle Monday. What was your part two? Let's concur Canada.
Speaker 5: That's it you want Sam curse falls to the ground.
Speaker 3: Which freeway do you want.
Speaker 6: I would love the monaster because it's always very, very busy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we've got room for two more for these billboards. If you've got any more slogans, you can text in full. Seventy five three one oh four three.
Speaker 11: It's just a miss herdman name Christian O'Connell's miss herd lyrics.
Speaker 4: Time now for your miss her lyrics. Every Monday we go through your miss heard lyrics. We play them if we agree with the miss here you think you're miss hearing, you hear this, if we simply cannot hear it. And for the really great misshard lyrics hall of Fame. My recent hall of Famous comes from Gavin the Weekend less than zero. Remember I was your hippo? All right, brand new ones, let's get in some. This comes from Connor Christian. My missus won't be very happy when she hears this Taylor Swift song Karma, I'm hearing my name in it. Original line then from Taylor Swift' karma is karma is my boyfriend? Or Connor's hearing his own name in this? Connor is my boyfriend. She's got a new squeeze that's in there. Andrew Swells going under by evan s since drowning in you?
Speaker 5: Where are they now?
Speaker 4: They were so big for a while.
Speaker 5: Where are Evanescence?
Speaker 4: Or is it trolling you? Two of them? Well done, Andrew, Andrew, I need to know why you're still listening to Evanescence as well. Please get back to me. How do you think's okay? Belinda has got Navana smells like teen spirit. Here they are now entertain us, or as Kurbn were working on his carill here we are now with retainers. I hear it, yes, retainers. Actually I don't hear it at all. It's gone, damn it. Keith Grangers got this by cold chiswil Quisan. How there were no V Day heroes in nineteen seventy three Day, he wrote in ninety seven three. Or is it how there were no B Day heroes in nineteen seventy three?
Speaker 2: Have there no Day?
Speaker 4: He wrote in nineteen seven three. Wow, Wait, that's very good. Keith's Hall of Favor Allen great name, surname Ruckus also correct like a w w WEE wrestler Alan Rucus Christian. And I've got this by muttin Page in the House of Stone and Light. And when I go I will open my eyes.
Speaker 5: Or is it? And when I go, I want to lump of poop in my eyes? Okay, listen up, it is here.
Speaker 4: It's there, no doubt. And when I go, I want to lump a poop in my eyes? Is this last request? Ruckus? She caused a Ruckets Hall of favor. Well dom as always, whenever you misheard your miss hurt lyrics, email me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot A.
Speaker 1: You Carl Bryner know you're listening to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Still some amazing motivational messages for the Matilda's coming through from our billboards this morning.
Speaker 5: This is quite measured this one. It's from Laura, Go Matildas. But no matter what, we're proud to be Australians.
Speaker 4: I love that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, playing both sides.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, looks like a sports teacher.
Speaker 4: Hey listen, good luck girls. But do you know what? This is? Good to be alive? Uh some more here Jackson and Maudie, Alicomon and Jackson. Do you dare waltz with the Matildas.
Speaker 3: That's the best wats we've had?
Speaker 5: Yeah it is?
Speaker 4: Yeh, Canada is the best Chuck out all the rest. Another Canadian breaks through. We've got Bruce, We've got Sarah. Jay's just email we want here. Uh, they make good maple syrup, but we'll be bringing home the bacon tonight.
Speaker 10: I like him.
Speaker 3: It doesn't fist pump for me, and I see she was doing.
Speaker 4: I thought she was having a season. Fist pumping is a lot quicker. What is that?
Speaker 3: Slow?
Speaker 4: Lame old slow? So do you like this one? They make good maple syrup, but we'll be bringing home the bacon tonight.
Speaker 2: I don't know about the reference to bacon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, no, nor I like, do you walt? Do you dare waltz with them?
Speaker 5: That's Jackson and Mardi. Yeah you like that one?
Speaker 4: What about then go Matilda's No matter what, we're proud to be Australians from Laura two measure it's not motivation.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, it's slightly negative. Okay, So which one are.
Speaker 4: We going to go for?
Speaker 2: The waltzing one?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Do you dare walt some of the Matilda's?
Speaker 4: Yeah? All right, Jackson, you can have that now. Talking about the billboards, last week, we had an amazing call from a gorgeous person called Sue and she just wanted to put a message up on the billboard, but actually what was going on was her poor brother Brian, was going to be getting married at the end of next month, at the end of August, but sadly this time last week, I've been told by his doctors that he needs to move the wedding forward to a couple of days time. This would have been so we heard from Sue last Tuesday, and he had to get it done that very weekend due to his condition with his brain cancer getting a lot worse. Sue wasn't calling in asking for our help, with your help, but we put on out. It was very clear that she was trying to move an entire wedding forward within a matter of days, and holding down a job and trying to be a rock for her family and her brother and our sister in ought to be Heather. So many of you, day by day last week contacted the show asking what can you do? And so many people offered your time. You offered your services for free as well, So thank you very much.
Speaker 5: I know a lot of you. First thing, we all came in this morning. We want to know how did they go?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 4: If you remember, over the weekend we've been blessed in Alboun with gorgeous weather.
Speaker 5: It literally is like.
Speaker 4: Spring was here.
Speaker 3: Couldn't it be better?
Speaker 5: Yeah? And Saturday morning was a stunning day. They had a beautiful day.
Speaker 4: Suites sent us a note they wanted to pass on because I know so many of you want to know today how they got They had an amazing day. They sent us all some pictures blessed them. The venue they had booked for the end of August, Patterson River Golf Club, moved it forward. There were lots of people who were kind enough to take the time out on the day to drop off cakes, desserts. Heidi dropped off. These are listens who we never even spoke to last week on their Saturdays at your weekends, dropping off gifts for them, just to let them know that you've been moved by their story. Thank you very much from Heidi who emailed me Saturday morning at eight o'clock making homemade Portuguese tarts. Heidi from Sublime Indulgences that dropped them off Triple g Jin vodka earlier on the day as well, all lots of anonymous gifts. So thank you very much, sir. If you did that wedding wish in Dingley. Sue wants to thank for everything you did.
Speaker 5: Gordon.
Speaker 4: They were trying to find a piper on Thursday when we spoke to Sue, they had everything apart from a piper. The piper that they had booked was obviously a Scottish guy and he was at the World Championships. Then there were two three others that people recommended. They were also at the World Championships. We found this guy who played for them. Haven't listen to this. This is actually then walking down the aisle Gordon, one of our listeners playing the pipes.
Speaker 5: This is live on Saturday afternoon.
Speaker 12: Well, Sue, your brother Brian and his now wife Heather were so happy that you had a very very special day.
Speaker 4: And thank you very much to everyone who's emailed offering to help and if you were dropping off gifts on Saturday, thank you very much.
Speaker 5: We've got the best, biggest hearted listeners in the world.
Speaker 1: Look Christian not Connall Show Podcast.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much for everyone who's been sending in their good luck messages motivational messages for the Matildas that we're putting up on the billboards all around Melbourne. Week two on our Winter billboard where every morning on the show we give you the billboards of Melbourne. You can put your messages on them. Today it's all about the girls in action. Tonight must win game right here in Melbourne at Amy Park against Canada. Sam Kerr back in action. All right, Jack. The ones that are going live in summer live right now from listeners are we have four.
Speaker 3: Confirmed billboards live. Firstly the Balty Bridge says, do you dare? What's with the Matildas? Jackson from morty Alick. Then over on the Nepeane Highway we have do it for all the little Matilda's Whitney eight years old and violent five years old. On the Monash we have Matilda's Miracle Monday, let's concur the Canada Canadians. And then on the Princess Freeway the Matilda's will see we Matilda's We'll see you. Here we go, here we go.
Speaker 4: Come on, you can do this.
Speaker 3: The Matilda's will see your maple syrup and raise you a vegemite sandwich. That's David from Berwick. So one spot left on the Tiller Freeway, which is actually a double billboard.
Speaker 5: All right, so here's some contenders.
Speaker 4: It's autumn Matilda's ben those maple leaves, rake them up. Love that. That's from Peter Canada. Pack your bags will be waltzing on through Now's from thirteen year old Matilda superfan Licia. Love that and then I love this on Darren Go Matilda's beat the pootine out of them.
Speaker 3: Aggressive.
Speaker 4: All right, so which one is the first one? Again that you said the first one? It's Autumn Matilda's ben those maple leaves. Yeah, yeah, Peter in Glen Iris, your message will be going up on the teller.
Speaker 1: Well, Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: Today's time Waste for the Crabs for besting show? Are you in Stan Free? Three year rugby fans, Huge game, the g of the weekend, massive win by the All Blacks for the Bledders load club. Also the thing we're watching stand at moment rewatching old episodes of the original Ricky Gervas series of the Office, still very very funny.
Speaker 3: Extras is on there as well, which is just as good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Jackie Board, what else are you watching on stam.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll give you three more comedies that I love. Peep Show another great British comedy.
Speaker 4: Do you know Jesse Armstrong? The co creator and co write that is mister succession. No, yeah, genius, Yeah yeah, I mean.
Speaker 3: Huge gear change, Yes, parked and wreck.
Speaker 4: Great show.
Speaker 3: One of the best comedies of the last few years is Hacks.
Speaker 4: I loved it all right. So today is national Hold your Nerve Day. Survey of five hundred Australians revealed the top five everyday things that make us nervous. Okay, what do you think it is? Top five everyday thing that makes.
Speaker 2: You driving in traffic?
Speaker 4: Uh, having a police car drive behind you at number two, This is a great one. Number five seen someone you know walking towards.
Speaker 5: You in a long hallway. We have really long halways here.
Speaker 4: You do that initial all right, and then you've got You've got another thirty seconds of like what do you do?
Speaker 3: I dart my eyes around so that I pretend I'm looking and interesting things in the building. And then at the last second of mock eyes with the person. I bet public speaking has got to be on there as well.
Speaker 4: And number four Sunday nights Oh yeah, yeah, Monday, yep. Having to mingle at work events that's number three. And number one having to talk to shop assistants at supermarkets or closed stores. I don't find that. Yeah, I don't find that nerve wracking at all.
Speaker 3: I always tell them though that I'm fine even if I do need help. It's like you need help with anything. No, I'm fine, just looking. Oh yeah, and then I'll go away and say you do need.
Speaker 4: Them, get it online. I don't bother anyone, all right. So today, on National Holding of Day, we're looking for your nervous movies.
Speaker 3: Let's go, all right.
Speaker 4: Not the Witches of Eastwick. They're very nervous, that's right, The Twitches of Eastwick. Silver plus what's a scared clown called bricking it? Breaking it? The hills are butterflies, which is Sunday.
Speaker 5: I don't want to be a hill on Monday.
Speaker 4: And life is like a box. Oh cod LORDI I thought it was a spider forest.
Speaker 3: Jumping Bronze for the time, for the performance.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Jackie boy.
Speaker 3: What have you got?
Speaker 4: Nervous movies?
Speaker 3: Nervous movies men who stare at their feet.
Speaker 1: Always.
Speaker 3: It's Sunday in Hallway Silver, Freddie got fidgety.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's good. Gold.
Speaker 3: The Curious Case of Benjamin Bite Nails.
Speaker 5: I'm going to give that a gold.
Speaker 3: And high strung musical Silva.
Speaker 4: All right, what have you got the nervous movies Texas Shaws.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show, podcast.
Speaker 4: Time wasted today, we're looking for your nervous movies. Winner gets Stan free Free here there's a great movie sport comedy documentaries to watch on Stan. All right, So nervy movies on National Hold your Nerve Day, which is perfect for the Matilda's in action tonight against Canada.
Speaker 5: All right, let's have a look.
Speaker 4: At nervous movies. Jittery, Jittery, Bang Bang Gold on Adam Christian. Why didn't you chuck in Playing to Win as another show? End at Nick Muriel's dreading public Speaking Gold, Kerry Jars very good, Edwards sweaty hands Gold instead of Paul blartmorecock, Paul alsogether now shots, it's really nervy Silver plus what Uncle Glen when Harry ran out of Thing, The Slaves of Sally Cam very good, Obsenheimer very good, Donner Pirates have peed my pants come? I'm sure Shank Redemption Silver plus the Devil Trembles and Brada Silva.
Speaker 5: My mum knows what he did last.
Speaker 4: Summer terrifying Silver. Sorry, just quickly, dude, Where's your toilet Silver plus Scott Done, Arnold Sawsnegger in the Tremble Lator Silver, the Caffeine Mile Bronze top Gun into the toilet bron When Harry didn't want to meet Salie Silver, My best friend's wetting herself when Harry couldn't bring himself to say hi to Salie Silver, Juice Big Beelow now by Gold. All right, who's winning stand Free for a year?
Speaker 3: I liked Muriel's dreading public speaking.
Speaker 4: Yeah, very very good. Okay, you win stand Free for you?
Speaker 1: The Christian Connell Show podcast, This is Sam Kerr.
Speaker 10: We can feel the love and the girls thrive under that. So of course, whatever the crowd wants to bring, we're willing to accept it. We need them and that's the reason we play. So yeah, as loud and proud as they can possibly be, and I'm sure me and the girls will be out there doing whatever we can to make them proud tonight.
Speaker 4: The Mathildas are playing, which means also the Golathon is here now to put Australia and train all the white chefs. When they are Matilda's store, you win some funk your stuff o'connal's.
Speaker 10: Goal of on.
Speaker 4: We love it when they store our goal.
Speaker 3: When Matilda store ruck goal, win cool stuffy mas.
Speaker 4: Yep thanks to I and S. Golon is here. Every time Matilda score you in a prize thanks to in S Bathroom and laundry experts. Hurry into one of their nine showrooms today for massive savings and they will not be beaten on price. Give them a go Jackie boy the prize tomorrow for every goal.
Speaker 3: For every Matilda's goal you win a call this Bosh vacuum cleaner.
Speaker 4: Woo no no, no, no no, we need more smaller who come and imagine what the LOGI Sonia is just one? Okay, that's what you got to say. I was thinking of it.
Speaker 5: A little bit more details, right, let me do it again?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, call this Bush vacuum cleaner.
Speaker 4: Am I hearing this? Shut the door of one.
Speaker 3: Of nine that features the smart sensor control, the easy clean system, triple filtration and upholstery nozzle, a crevice nozzle and mattress No ambassador, you're spoiling us war nozzle and shoulder straight fer.
Speaker 4: Roche of vacuums. You win that every goal they get tonight. Go Matilda's good luck.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Show podcast,