Speaker 1: So I'm dating this guy. He's very cute. It's been a couple of months. It's my first relationship since my five year relationship ended.
Speaker 2: So it's the big ones sweet relationship.
Speaker 1: No, No, we're just dating. Just seeing someone's name.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm not going to.
Speaker 1: Reveal his actual identity, so for the sake of the pick up, we'll call him Brad. So Brad works at Coles. I can say that Brad, Brad works at Coles. And my family are really invested in my love life.
Speaker 2: I live at home, right, so the family is so invested in your life. Yeah, they love me and I love them.
Speaker 1: I am living back in my childhood bedroom and I have told them that I'm dating Brad, but I will not bring him to see the family yet, just because it's such a big step, Like it's such a big moment to go high family meet Brad, because I don't know where, especially when you're not exclusive yet exactly, it's too soon. The problem is that irks my family to no extent, to no degree.
Speaker 2: What's that expression? That was our producer.
Speaker 1: She's like, it irks my family to no end, especially my mum Michelle. She is very heavily invested in my life. So all I've told Mom is that I'm seeing someone Corn Brad, and he works at the local Coals, the Colls that she shops at every day.
Speaker 2: So that Brad and I having dinner on Sunday night.
Speaker 1: We're sitting there and we're having dinner and he goes, you know, weirdest thing happened. I don't know if I wanted to bring it up with you. I was like, yeah, so the weirdest thing happened. I was at work and I went and had my lunch break. When I came back from my lunch break, my coworkers said that I was paged to customer service.
Speaker 2: It went over the pa boom bom bong. Brad to customer service desk near our one. Brad to customer service. No, I can see where this has gone.
Speaker 1: And he missed it because he was on his lunch break. When he got back, he said, who was it? They said, I don't know. Someone named Michelle came to see you at reception.
Speaker 2: Wait, your mom went to Cole's blindly went to customer service and tried to page him.
Speaker 1: You know, I feel like this is one of those opportunistic things, like she's walking.
Speaker 2: Down the Aisland. She goes, I wonder if that boy stock and Shells right there is him. Well, I'm going to go and find. As your mom said anything, I haven't spoken to it yet.
Speaker 1: So what I've done is I thought mom doesn't work well pressure, so let's make a buckle.
Speaker 2: She's joining us now, Michelle is here. Mom is on the line. Hello mommy, Michelle. Michelle.
Speaker 3: I love you.
Speaker 2: You know I love you. But what were you thinking? Was this running through your head?
Speaker 3: Look?
Speaker 4: He has been secretly seen someone and has not been at all forthcoming. And let me say, okay, so that the hairdresser that I go to looks right into the coals, right into the cold. So I'm sitting there for nearly three hours getting my hair done, seeing all these cold stuff running down, moving around, and I'm thinking, Oh, is that him?
Speaker 3: Would that be him? Could that be him?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: I think that's him. So once I had my hair done, I thought, I'm going to go in and just have a shop around. See if I didn't shop for a man.
Speaker 2: So you went to the service desk, mum, and you asked for Brad.
Speaker 3: No, well, I went to the jelly first.
Speaker 2: He cut slabs of me. He's like a prime beef.
Speaker 3: Jelly first and I were like, no, he's not here. He was on a break and I was like, oh, OK taste. So I thought, well, I'll go to the service desk and having Paige.
Speaker 1: Like a lot of hell, Michelle, I love that you didn't even try and denying it.
Speaker 2: There was not one point where he said no, I didn't do that. This is what I don't understand.
Speaker 1: You've got to the service desk, you've paid, You've paid Brad, Brad comes right.
Speaker 2: If Brad actually turned up, what did you plan on saying? How are we going to do?
Speaker 3: Just going to say hi, I'm Michelle, I Mitch's mom. He's not forthcoming. Love to have you around for dinner one night.
Speaker 2: But I don't think he's secretly dating. At the start, he said, Mitch has been very secret. It's just dating. I think he's just dating. That's all I've said to him. She doesn't get it.
Speaker 1: She met dad on a football field and I got married the next day.
Speaker 2: Was very different. In twenty twenty three.
Speaker 3: Would one call this a little bit overbearing when it comes to a parent, Maybe a little bit.
Speaker 2: What I actually really quite like it. Yeah, I know, I do like it. It's great, that's very fine. You got on your mom.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I wonder if we're gonna SUP together, Brade, if you're listening no no, no, whit White to soon.
Speaker 2: Mitchell loves his dazz on ship