Speaker 1: Christian Iconnell The Christian O'Connell Show podcast, just seeing there's been a news flash catastrophic oil prices have spite after grounded megaship blocks, the Suez Canal, Suez Canal.
Speaker 2: The Seuez Canal, Suez. Everybody repeat after me, Suez Canal, the Sewez. He's very proud of that, all right.
Speaker 3: So this big of mega shipping container is literally wedged across the Sewers Canal, and twenty five percent of all the boats around the world transporting oil and lots of other stuff go through there. Well, I need to go through there, not for a couple of days. So this morning we going to know when have you become super stuck? That sort of describing it at the moment, it's superstuck? When have you been super stuck? And I've cost my company money? This is going to cost so much money, millions every single hour holding up all these valuable containers.
Speaker 2: It's good to Catherine. First of all, Good morning.
Speaker 4: Catherine, Good morning Christian.
Speaker 5: I got super stuck when I impaled my car on a wheelly bin.
Speaker 2: Amazing. I got ahead the story. What happened.
Speaker 5: When I was eighteen. I was living at home and I was driving a Madda three two three station wagon and lots of cars at home, so I had to park on the front lawn, which was on quite a hill, and I was racing out to go to a club one night. Jumped in my car, didn't realize it was midnight, and reversed at speed and backed over a wheelly bin and got the back the wheels of the wheelly bin wedged up underneath the bumper of my car.
Speaker 2: Wow, So it was kind of.
Speaker 5: Dangling in mid air, like raining down. I'm wedged on the top of his bin. I card three wheel drive, so I can't go forward, I can't go back, and I'm just going what the heck? So I raced inside to ask my dad for help. And I've done a few things like this, so he's just like, oh, what have you done? Now? Darling comes out and has a look and he just he's like oh, and he just shakes his head and looks at me and goes back inside. So we had to call it Mate with like a crane or anything on his truck to come and get the car off in the morning.
Speaker 2: Mate with a crane on the back of his truck.
Speaker 3: I mean, I wish we all had that mate, and I'll go to contact my mate Bob Brackets with the crane.
Speaker 2: You're busy now with a crane?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Really been again again? And what howpened to you go into the club? Did you make it to the club or not?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I had to go call a girlfriend to come and pick me up. I was supposed to be designated driver, but it just it just put it.
Speaker 2: A great I love wedged on a weedy bit.
Speaker 3: And so when did your dad's mate turn up to free it with the crane?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 5: Luckily it was a Friday night, so I came the next Saturday morning.
Speaker 3: Amazing, that's a great gold You give you a pair of tickets go to a Villa Cinema's gold class, brilliant story counting.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Let's go to Greg. I've cost my company money, Greg.
Speaker 2: How much was it?
Speaker 7: Good question?
Speaker 2: It was dollars eight thousand dollars. What were you doing? What do you do? You do wrong?
Speaker 8: It was actually aware prints. They misread the so they were checking the temperature on the fridge and it was meant to be one point two degrees it was actually twelve degrees.
Speaker 3: Even you know, I mean, I'm no expert on degrees. But that does seem quite a bit off to me.
Speaker 8: One point two twelve, just a little bit, mat Yeah, so yeah that I was lost a lot of stuff, and yeah it wasn't good.
Speaker 2: And what was what was frozen food.
Speaker 8: Food, milk, drinks, see, lots of stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Greg, thank you very much and cool.
Speaker 3: All right, So eight thousand, I see if we can get another caller on its cost their company more than eight thousand.
Speaker 6: David, Good morning, Good morning, Christian, Hey game, I'm.
Speaker 2: Good David, welcome to the show. Thanks for calling.
Speaker 3: And so how much can you raise us eight thousand dollars worth of damage to your company?
Speaker 6: I think I got that covered, Mike gone back in the eighties, always many Adrian Hillard Packard's warehouse where all this stuff used to come in from Australia. They had a computer which was top heavy and I had to move it from one from one storage room to another with a with the fourth lift. Now the computer was worth about fifty to sixty grand and on one side of the skid there was a polystyrene mission. So when it was top heavy, I went around the corner and it fell over and broke one of the internal parts, so that sort of stuffed them up for a little while, and they had to wait for another part to come in from Mexico. When they sent a party from Mexico, waited about one hundred grands and it was sitting on top of the palette and I was driving the fourth lift and it flew off the palette straight underneath the tire and there goes the fifteen thousand dollars replacement part and another six months for one to come back in.
Speaker 2: This is unbelievable.
Speaker 3: I mean, why did they keep letting you do this as well? Old changers? Dave on the fourth lift, and this is you know, young kids listening, this is how heavy computers used to be. Do you want to move a computer now what you put in your backpack? You used to have to get a forklift truck to actually move a top heavy computer.
Speaker 2: I can imagine. That's why top heavy anymore.
Speaker 6: The center remedy is right down the bottom, David, And he said, he said it was so heavy, yet the wind blew it off.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, that's right.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Well, the replacement part come in a package which was about one hundred grams, you know, maybe two hundred grams for the other or actually come. But back in those days the computers used to be eight meg, so your home personal computers used to be eight meg. Your phone's about two hundred and seven.
Speaker 2: Amazing, David, thank you very much and cool.
Speaker 3: I've cost my company money and like Catherine West, I can't west on the Willibins.
Speaker 2: When have you been super stuck? Billy? Good morning, Good morning Christian.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I was scared an a job at the local truck farm when I was younger, and I filled up. Finally I filled up the trolley which was sort of hang on wheels off the ceiling and you push along, and I filled up with probably ten thousand eggs. I was pret proud of myself. And then I turned around and then tally kept going and actually went off. The agent smashed all the eggs everywhere, and no, there's nowhere to hide, do you know?
Speaker 2: I like that? Is Betty sod you say this the first down your jaw, Yeah and last, first, first, last.
Speaker 3: There's a phone in. There's a phone in tomorrow. First and last day. What a great day, the first and last. Amaze Another way, he said, you put ten thousand eggs in them? Pretty proud of yourself I'd be very proud of myself.
Speaker 8: I yeah, it's all right, Yeah yeah, A.
Speaker 2: Great start to what would like a promising career as an eggman.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I was looking forward to it, but nah, it didn't happen.
Speaker 2: Must make a fantastic sound. Ten thousand eggs fucking at once, beautiful big for tatar omelet Benny, thank you very much, you killed buddy, don't champ.
Speaker 3: There you go, Spilly formerly the eggman who's got here? Susan, Good on to Susan.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Christian. My partner worked for a smash repairer, and he clashed a Ferrari tway sixty into an Aston Martin advantage and pushed it into a Lamborghini. Glad.
Speaker 3: Oh my word, this is the world's most expensive dominos. So it's a Ferrari goes into an Aston Martin goes into a Lambo Lamborghini.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're going to do it, do it right?
Speaker 3: Please take us So what's obviously reversing the first.
Speaker 4: Taking it off the blocks and the stuck on the pedals, and the rest was like dominoes.
Speaker 2: Oh my word, at least you're at the smash repairs already. Those cars though, I mean the handmade those cars. What was the cost of the damage.
Speaker 4: A two hundred pound Oh yeah, it'd be more than that.
Speaker 2: They're about three or four hundred thousand each those cars. It's almost a million dollars worth of damage. That is incredible. Do you even just go home? Then straight away?
Speaker 3: You don't even apologize, just get out of there. I mean, what can you say?
Speaker 4: It was pretty pale when I got a hunt.
Speaker 2: Susan. Great story.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much for shore and have a good day mate by Bob Chris And I'm good Bob.
Speaker 2: So tell us your story about being super stuck.
Speaker 8: I was super stuck in a toilet in the hard Rock Cafe in Cambodia. I had a bit of barwie beali so to speak, and went racing into the toilets and was first time I had a running with slow closing toilet seats. So I pulled the pants down, sat on the seat when it wasn't fully closed, and my old fellow slipped up underneath and got jammed on the between the seats and the and the pit. And I got to tell you one hundred and.
Speaker 2: On on my circumcised yourself.
Speaker 8: I had the biggest blood blister, but it took two guys. I couldn't get off because I was in that much pain. I had that two dollars to help me get out, and they were laughing at me while I was doing it.
Speaker 2: So what did you have to cry for help?
Speaker 8: Yeah? Fortunately are only a little que because I was either and do it to let them in.
Speaker 2: But we're all around with you. The Cuba Cole the blood lister is stuck there. People to get you out. You're like that ship stuck in that sews canal. Like a little tug bo it's going to catch you out.
Speaker 8: They're not the tug boats from Tim.
Speaker 3: Body intentional units. Oh Bob, that is a hell of a story. So we'll give you least we can do as a pair of tickets. That's any off the gold class fitted cinemas.
Speaker 2: Really very much. No, thank you, Bob. Have a good day, take care now, best on there. The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast