Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast. I need some advice. Now.
Speaker 2: I got two teenage daughters, both homeschooling at the moment, I'm looking to start a movie club once a week with my thirteen year old who's in a bit of a FuG at the moment. So I said, right, okay, this is what we're gonna do over the next six weeks. We are, me and her are going to watch a movie. Right every Monday afternoon. We got to watch the whole movie, and then afterwards we're gonna have a chat about it. Because actually, there are so many great movies that are about life and then really maybe you think about things from a different perspective, or or have empathy to make you think about someone that you don't even know what it's like to be, you know, in their lives and in their shoes. I thought this would be an interesting thing for us to do. You know, she always she absolutely loves this movie. No, I catch her watching it about once or twice a month, really, even just in a lunch break from her twenty minutes. She absolutely loves this movie The Breakfast Club. It's quite an interesting movie about the different characters in it. What school about and high school.
Speaker 1: And stuff like that. So I need recommendations for the movie club. What do you think?
Speaker 2: What are the movies that are about life that teach us something, that says something to us that'll be interesting to talk about watch.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, great, you've already seen Ferris Bueller, haven't you?
Speaker 2: With the girls they love that that movie age as well as well. It's quite interesting because as you watch it again and they see different things that they were more interested in Cameron and their relationship with him.
Speaker 1: Is Caro was the friend? Was it? Yeah? Cameron was the guys. You remember Patsy.
Speaker 2: He had the expensive sports car and his dad has never seen but Cameron obviously fears his dad has some strange relationship with his dad. Has that amazing bit at the end, they're more intertet. I don't know what they were trying to say to me about that.
Speaker 1: What should I watch today? Let's go to Joe. What movie have you got for us?
Speaker 4: I recommendation feelius, Did Poet Society? I remember when my daughter, she's a little bit older than your thirteen year old, she's seventeen now, but we watched Did Poet Society together and it's the scene where Robin Williams as the English teacher. He's got them up on their.
Speaker 2: DISKI yeah, it's a great ending, isn't it.
Speaker 1: What a beautiful movie that is.
Speaker 4: I think that really sits up the tone for her empowerment to Moto feel wonderful about herself during this time.
Speaker 1: Can I watch it to and do class notes tomorrow? Okay, first hour tomorrows show is class notes. Joe. That's a great one. Thank you very much. Let's go to Melanie. Tell you I'm good, Melanie, I hope you're well. What movie would you recommend?
Speaker 3: It's a classic. It's stand by Me.
Speaker 1: What a great movie. This is an.
Speaker 3: Amazing movie about friendship, life, maturity, perspective that.
Speaker 2: There's that amazing scene at the end where the now grown up Richard Dreyfus is the author, and it's one of the greatest closing lines of a movie ever. It's about friendship. I've got it. I've just had a look at now. I never had any friends later on the ones I had when I was.
Speaker 1: Twelve Jesus as one. Yeah, it is those friends you had.
Speaker 2: If you had great mates when you were twelve or thirteen, those were the closest you'll ever be with your friends and back when time was endless, like riding around on your bike, so like walking in the bush like they were.
Speaker 1: So again, I'm gonna put in a bit of buzzle going, this is as good as it's going to get. You're thirteen now, so you peaked last year.
Speaker 2: Those friends that, those friends you love now your best. Thees is never going to be like that. Everything is awful. I hate my life.
Speaker 1: It's all downhill from here.
Speaker 2: My highlight the weekend was cleaning the deck being yelled at by your mum. Let's put on what dreams may Let's go to Beck. We've got time for Beck. What movie are you recommending that? We watched a movie club.
Speaker 3: It's called The Secret Wife of Waltermitty with Ben Stiller in it.
Speaker 1: I've seen this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a famous book, isn't The Secret Life of Watermitty?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Great book, great movie.
Speaker 1: Now why do you think that one?
Speaker 3: Because it teaches well, basically tells the story of someone who goes out of his comfort zone and to not be afraid to go and do what he wants to do.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show