Speaker 1: Hey, like, just welcome back to the Mason cock Show. Big episode today. We're going to talk about that Port Adelaide win over Sydney that was a big w for them. We're going to talk about the Collingwood versus Carlton game. Also, I donated to the AFL's Christmas fund. Yes, I got fined over the weekend, and I'm going to talk about that and much much more of what actually happened. Anyway, that's all starting in this podcast right now. All right, like we mentioned off the top, big big podcast today, but we'll start off as we always do bread Welcome.
Speaker 2: Good a Mason. I've got some good clangers this week. There was actually too many to fit in the segment, but I did see one on social media, which is a good reminder to everyone not to go the early crow. We've all had mates that are celebrated too early, or for example, yesterday I went down to the Frio game with my housemate, a diehard Frio supporter, and that ended in tragedy for him. So this was a good example of what not to do. And I don't know if you've seen this, but a couple of Carlton fans sitting in the crowd. They were sitting side onto the McGovern shot after the siren and tough angle, and then you're looking for everyone around you. You're looking for cues. Does the players celebrate? Does the crowd cheer? Like what you're looking for cues because you can't see if it's going through the middle anyway. They're staring around, and as soon as the crowd rises and cheers, they just think that must mean goal. It's gone through the goal. So they're turning around, they're up on their seats, they're given it the double fisters. They've given it to everyone in the area because Carton just got the win over the Pies. And then they turn around and realized when they look up at the big screen that it hasn't gone through. And then they flipped the camera on the phone and the Pies boys are celebrating. They've given it back to the Carlton fans. So just a nice little clanger there, and don't go the early crow. You can't celebrate too soon.
Speaker 1: To celebrate after one nay.
Speaker 2: Comes that you're in a crowd of one hundred thousand people, bitter rivals. You want to make sure you've got it one hundred percent right. It reminded me of Oli Floren kicked that one after the It was going for the win after the siren against Port and a lead, got the double fister on the line, but he already thought that it had gone through and he was running and celebrating and tripped over and yeah, it's not it's not a good looks.
Speaker 1: It's also the whole thing of like you're in a mass amount of people, so to get out of there, you know you're just going to be tackled way out of the stadium. You're not going to hear the end of it. I did see that was that was gold. But my clanger of the week now, I don't know if you saw this pregame, there was this moment, right, beautiful moment. Scott's four hundred. The family's out there. You know, he's tried to get Darcy, his little girl, to go with him. She doesn't put jackstares and they run through the banner. It's a lovely moment. He gives the ball to Jackson, goes Jack's kick a goal kick a goal and you know Jackson goes up and he just wheels back and just boots this one. He goes straight towards the goals except for Jack. Chris Head was in the way and he's about giving him an HI before he even started the match. And the best thing was was like it was kind of in front of everyone, so like the whole team sawid. Jack's just absolutely helted Crispy in the head before the game and it was a it was a good life going into the very beginning, but yeah, it was. Chrispy was just like kind of blown away, like like thinking it was a player that kicked it, Like, who the hell turns our Jacks. I can't really be mad at a child.
Speaker 2: I can't put on blust Tanda Bury's son. That's like a good kick man.
Speaker 1: Try again, try again. Actually I'll stand in the market.
Speaker 2: And he liked that. Crispy put up the next day that he had a black eye. It's like, oh god, because I saw it at the time, and like Pendals was just I didn't see it hit Crispy, but Pendalls was laughing and then giving the ball back to Jacks to be like have another one, have another one.
Speaker 1: Almost fell on the floor. I was I was pissing myself. It was so funny. But that's my cloning of the week.
Speaker 2: Right down near the cheers squad. It would have had some good feedback a couple of laughs. We'll get into the results because it was a big weekend and every weekend from now and to the end is so close because teams that need to win keep falling over. Western Bulldogs aren't. Though they beat Melbourne Melbourne, I think you just put the que on the rack at this stage, like your couple games out, Gorn's got clear like ankle injuries.
Speaker 1: Still killing it though, yeah, still killing it one leg.
Speaker 2: He had forty four, forty five hitouts on one leg on the weekend. It's why West Coast got the job done over the Gold Coasts. Your boys, I think was that your luck again for the week? Jesus, you're on a.
Speaker 1: I'm killing it. I voted against my fucked against my own team this week and I was proven right.
Speaker 2: So rough one North Melbourne got the chocolates over Richmond. Now that could be problematic as we look to the spoon. Geelong got the win in a very narrow one against Adelaide who fought all the way to the end and like it went down to like the last twenty seconds, they still could have won it. Then we got Collingwood, big win over Carldon, sloped down at the end, just cruise to the line, easy win. That one port one hundred and forty eight to Sydney's thirty six. And I think that's flattering to Sydney. That's Sydney did not score a goal until the twenty third minute mark of the second.
Speaker 1: Quarter, so yeah, it was grimmed.
Speaker 2: Well that's yeah. And they're still half a game clear on top of the ladder after losing a heap of game. So we'll dissect that one. Gws in a nail biter against Hawthorne, coming back late, another great game Essen and talk about comebacks on the Saturday. Got the last minute win against Frio and Saint Kilda. Just you know, they had their big win last week, so they just packed it up for this Brisbane game and they're looking scary at the moment. So we'll have to jump into these big news stories. And I just want to put it to you because we talked about this all last season on the podcast. North getting that feel good win at the end of the season cost them Harley Reed, and as we know, Harley Reed is a great player. I haven't heard much about the draft this year.
Speaker 1: I actually haven't. I was just going to say that I don't know who the number one picks. It's not as clear cut as last year to.
Speaker 2: The point this stage. Last year we knew about Harley Reed and we knew how good he was, so this year it might be worth getting off the bottom of the ladder. But North won a game against Richmond, puts them above Richmond by a game. And now they're coming up against i think West Coast this week, so they got another chance to win another game, potentially go back to back wins, but it's back to back years where they may have cost themselves the number one draft pick.
Speaker 1: It is an interesting thing. You always played to win, right that end of the day. That's that's the statement, right, you always played to win. I will say it is interesting. I think we mentioned this is we think that rich Man, out of all the three teams are on the bottom of the ladder, they need the number one draft pick the most out of their three. I think like North Melbourne's pretty well set up with some people and in certain situations and now getting games into them, I think they're going to be a threat in the future. But yeah, like you look at that game and I think everyone's saying, Okay, well this is this is the number one draft game. Okay, whoever you essentially loses this, then there's a high probability they're going to have the first pick it. Yeah, I still think there should be some kind of lottery though, of like, yeah, if you end up being last on the ladder, it doesn't guarantee you the first pick, but it gives you the highest percentage of winning the lottery to then get the first pick. So then if you do throw a game, was still technically a chance you may not get the first pick. Or like if you end up at the bottom of the ladder, there's still a probability that you may not get the first pick. So I love that situation. But yeah, this is this North game. Obviously, now it's rich events pretty much locked in. I think the first number one draft pick, and as we mentioned, you know, after the year they've had, they've had quite a few injuries and stuff throughout the year, but I think it would be a good little confidence booster for them to have that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they do need it, and I think they could be a bit of an exodus of players at the end of the year that they just try to pick up as many draft picks as they can and kind of start fresh. So it'll be interesting to see what they do with their trades. What else have we got here? Did you see Zane Durzman's mark in the weekend?
Speaker 1: She's always absolutely launched into the air its talking about it was the best mark of the round. Surely best of the round.
Speaker 2: Question that there was Radigalia had a nice little mind, but it was definitely the best mark of the round. But people always their first thing is to compare it to the other best marks of the year, which obviously Jamie Elliott's and Bobby hills marks. Does he have either of them covered?
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm a little bit biased, you could possibly say yes, But Bobby's just just clean landed, clean kicks the goal in front, now leg each shoulder, just what an iconic specky is. Jamie's also very very good and also gets over the person so like even even kind of higher you can almost say where Bobby kind of uses them to lift off them. Toilet player, Yeah, toilet player a key back. So I mean, I still don't know really, between Jamie and Bobby who's better. We'll let the deciders of the fans figure that out I think whenever it comes down to the end of the year, but I don't think. I don't think this one was better. In either one of those, it was good, don't get me wrong, it was good. It was good, But gosh, the other two is just tough to look past.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think a bit more of a hang, that's what I like. That's why I've got Bobby's first, because it was like he rode the first bloke in to the second bloke and then got the post levitated, and it was the first mark that I've ever seen where the bloke lands on his feet. But it looks cool. He kind of like strutted off after the mark, like it's I think, like Ashley Sampy lands on his feet. That's probably the highest that I've seen. And then someone lands on their feet. But even that, I remember that back at the time, everyone's like, oh, if you had to landed on his spine and fold it up, it would have been so much cooler. It's weird how sadistic we were.
Speaker 1: Like gladiators just watching people just try.
Speaker 2: His neck, that would have been way better.
Speaker 1: Alex for solid.
Speaker 2: That was scar his head.
Speaker 1: Oh that got me cringe for let's go to the next thing we got.
Speaker 2: I want to know, does Ken Hinckley re sign with port now.
Speaker 1: Rhetorical question, man sign them, sign them for as long as a contract as you can. We are big Ken Henkley fans on this podcast, and like when over sitting over the weekend, you could say it was a big win for the club, you know, and maybe this is a good time to extend someone's contract. So it's kind of interesting. You're going into what three games off in the season, massive win over the people who are on the top of all ladder, and if you had kind of already penciled this in as something to do in your time, you know, as coach for the year, you would think it'd be now. You would think that port Aloud be coming out this week and saying, look, we just signed Ken to X amount of de x amount of years for a deal after what they performed on the weekend. You want to ride the high, right, You don't want to sit there and be like, oh, we signed Ken, you know, and they lost this weekend. So now you don't do that like you do it whenever you have a big win. So you think, if it's already in the heads of Port Adelaide that they want to sign him again, they'd be coming out with it this week.
Speaker 2: That is very true. If you were going to do it, and you were planning on doing it, you should do it this week, I think in the minds of every fan. So I would have to think in some minds of people at the club, the fact that he hasn't gone through to the Grand Final or like had any like silverware success at the club, that's just an unknown because they've done this before where they've signed him off the back of a great like season, they get to the finals and they go out in straight sets, or they have a real unlucky loss. They've had a lot of I was looking back earlier in the season when they wanted to sack Ken Hinckley, and they've had some really unfortunate losses. There was like the one where Luke Shouey did the shoulder up dive and he kicked it after the siren for the win, and like they've had a really rough run, or like they've come up against Hawthorne Dynasty team and lost that way, and stuff like losing in finals isn't as black and white as like looking at the you go back look at the stats sheet and go, oh, we lost. It's like you get caught on the wrong end of like a three peet hawthorn for like, no shit, A lot of people lost in fun.
Speaker 1: Like everyone lost in final.
Speaker 2: And they probably should have beaten them in one of the ones at the g which is crazy to think. So I hope Kenny just gets in there performs well in finals. I don't know what that looks like. If they make top two and get a home final, you kind of need to go like home final, home final, Grand find in everyone's heads.
Speaker 1: I think it's a little bit though, it's like how ruthless their fans are and how much expectation they have.
Speaker 2: I was reading stuff.
Speaker 1: I think that's like one of the reasons that like we always have the media always talks about kin Henckley's contractors because their fans are so passionate about like whether their team wins or losers, and they look at like, if you don't win the whole thing, it's an unsuccessful year, and that's like their mindset. I feel like every year it's like, yeah, don't get me wrong, like you want to win the thing every single year, but like you have to realize that there's ten teams that are not even making finals every single year, and this guy is getting you in those top eight teams every single year. Like it's hard enough to get into that much less when the whole thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I definitely feel like if your only chance happiness is winning a flag, like have that as everyone wants to win a flag, that's the ultimate. But if you're making finals, you're seeing more wins than losses every year, and that's it's a six month journey of happiness. Like, yeah, I don't know. I feel like there's so many other teams, Like you think of North, You like they haven't won They've been winning five games a year for the past five years. Like that's that's rough. You want to talk about rough, that's rough. Yeah. So I don't know. I would like to see him signed, but I just think there's so much pressure. They're going to wait it out to see how the finals pan out. But I did want to ask because Port is on such a hot streak at the moment and nothing bigger than on the weekend absolutely demolishing the team on top of the ladder. But I just wanted to know in the lead up, like how important is a massive win like this going into finals, having that finals form like did you have that in the lead up last year where you had a big win or were you all tied all the way through? And then what does that do to the mentality that you can beat the best in the in the league.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's like whenever you play some of the better teams, like we talked about, you want momentum as much as possible going into finals, and you know, a big scalp over a team that's at the top of the ladder is kind of like proof of the pudding and the confidence that you know, we can keep up and beat the best teams that are out there, and you sait there and go, okay, well if they're the best team on the ladder right now, like technically we're beating the team that's you know, predicted to be the Grand Final winner. So I think more than anything, it's like it's a confidence booster to say, you know what, we believe in our system so much that we're going to win games that there's no one else that can stop us as long as we play our way and to play the way we want to play. I think that's the biggest thing, and like for them going into finals as a major confidence booster, especially with a score line that happened for them to be going okay, like who's going to stop us? And how the hell are they going to do it? Right? And there's I mean, I'll look at it. I'm like, man, they're probably five six weeks ago people are questioning whether they're going to make the eight and it's like, then, Western Bulldogs, these teams have got to be a momentum right now. People are going, well, who's going to beat them? Yeah? So it's kind of this whole you know, flip of the coin. Now you got Brisbane in there too, is one quite a few of them right now of teams that were looked at as like no chance and then now at the right time, they're getting the right form and people are starting to go, well, you know, they're they're probably one of the best chances to win the whole thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And then yeah, on the flip side of the coin, what's it like coming up against the team that you know is on like a crazy good role, like coming up against Brisbane who's nine in a row. Yeah, I guess it depends where you are on the ladder. As well, because if it's like North coming up against Brisbane, that's one nine in a row, my god, it's we've had some down weeks or whatever. But like there'd be a part where you want to accept the challenge. There'd be a part like I imagine that you focus like crazy throughout the week to make sure everything's absolutely right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you always love rarning someone else's party. I do know. It's just like someone have always enjoyed. But yeah, I mean you play up against those teams. You want to beat the best of the teams, best teams in the in the league. But also there's like there's little like wins within and little competitions within games, you know, whether it be like playing on Harris Andrews is one of the best defenders in the league, you know, and seeing how you can do against him, or playing in the Rock versus Oscar Market mcnernie, who's one of the best ruckmen. There's like little you know, competitions within competitions. So I test yourself against the best out there, and every time you do that, I feel like you kind of pick little things up of like okay, like I'm still bettering my game every time I play against these people. So there's that too, I think, And yeah, you want to like, you know, you play this game to try to be the best, right and to be the best, you have to beat the best. And I think that's one of the biggest things when we play the teams that are going well and are in a hot streak and stuff like that. I was like, all right, like, let's let's test our game plan against someone who's you know, in hot form right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I do always like seeing like pendles and croops line up on each other.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's fun. I just wanted to bring up this news segment that I was thinking about. You let me know if this we could keep this or if this is I don't know. This is a nice little segment this week in players playing on after it looked like they were unconscious.
Speaker 1: Because what a name for a segment.
Speaker 2: We can workshop the name because I reckon it could be a little shorter, but it's something that happens every week. So we get the big marks, you get the mark of the year, or we get the big goals, you get the goal of the Maybe it's like unconscious Player of the week or something. But I've got another contender for you, because we've had a fair few, and this week's is Ben King because there was a moment in the game where he went into a contest got headbutted in the face pretty severely and it looked like he was knocked unconscious. So that's that's the name. I don't know if you can there's a correlation anyway, So he went down. He stayed down for ages. A teammate came up and immediately started waving for the doctors to come over. He wasn't moving this whole time.
Speaker 1: In fact, six.
Speaker 2: People came out and you know, braced his body and held his neck in position because they saw fit that it was a pretty bad situation for him. All this time, it still hadn't moved. Actually, they cut to a side shot and he had his eyes closed at this point in time, and he was kind of saying stuff and it didn't look great. He was on the ground for a lengthy period of time and it takes two people, two doctors to help him back up to his feet. He's a heavy unit, and he's got blood streaming from his nose and he's feeling for a loose teeth because he got a feeling head butted in the face so bloody hard. Anyway, they help him off the ground and then at this point in time, I'm like, oh, well he's out for the game, like a safe assumption when someone has been down for an extended period of time. Multiple doctors come out. You're bracing his neck, he's bleeding from the nose, he's feeling for his teeth as well. He passes his HIA, comes straight back out. I don't get it, Mace, but there is a weird correlation. And I'm not saying these things are all aligning. It's just funny that it's been Jeremy Cameron in a tight game where they needed to win. Not saying anything, not suggesting anything. Harris andrews Brisbane fine for an incident where he got told to come from the ground, didn't. It took pretty much a quarter for him to get off the ground. And he passes HIA after that, and then he got concussed in another incident later in the final quarter, so he got you know, he got concussed, and then Harry McKay didn't come straight off, passed his HIA, went out there and then had delayed illness, I mean illness. He had illness and then he missed and now we're just waiting on Ben McKay, ben Keith to see if he has any delayed symptoms in the space. But that's just a nice one because there'll be one each week and we can call it out. We'd talk about it.
Speaker 1: The concussion police. Is that what you're doing that?
Speaker 2: I think it's probably pretty important in twenty years though, people will look back at me as a bit of a you know, trailblazer in the field, me and Kinney. I know that he stands up for I don't know if I really want to be linking it, but like you know, we got to keep see something, say something they say, and I see a lot of unconscious people coming back out onto the field, see something saying put your hand up. Maybe he shouldn't come back out, but I don't know. We'll see if there's another one next week, and we'll see if Ben King delayed concussion symptoms.
Speaker 1: And then the AFL is going to hire you to be the eyes in the sky.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, someone's got to be because I can blind Freddy's not at at the moment. We move on to the big winners.
Speaker 1: I did not endorse that last Covet.
Speaker 2: We're moving on to the big winners because Port Adelaide we've already had a bit of a discussion about him. But there's some good stats. So they kept obviously Sydney gole Is to the twenty three minute mark of the second quarter, one hundred and twelve point winners, Mace, if you don't mind. And they had a couple of good players out there on the day, surprisingly and there well actually no surprises who they were. Zach Butter's thirty touches, two goals, this Rosie twenty seven and a goal, and then their.
Speaker 3: Ford line any finds for butteris no fines way oh clean, Well you don't have to do.
Speaker 2: You're punching them up on the scoreboard. You don't have to punch them up out on the field. But you've got Rioally got four, Georgiadi's got four, Dixon got three. So when Ford's are getting those numbers, no, it's not.
Speaker 1: Good, it's the chance you're probably going to win that game.
Speaker 2: I'd say, oh my goodness, I think that was.
Speaker 1: One obviously the biggest wins over the weekend.
Speaker 2: Yes, well literally and a.
Speaker 1: Statement game, like a huge statement game for Port Adelaide and Swans. You know, we play them next week, so I'm not going to say too much, but yeah, this was a shock. To be honest, I think this game was playing out whenever we had just kind of finished and you know, someone said that they hadn't scored in you know, like a quarter and a half and it was like seventy something to zero, and I was like, I looked at the person and told me. I was like, okay, seriously, what's the score And they were like, now, it's like, that's actually it. I was like, holy smoked. I couldn't believe it.
Speaker 2: But it was the little ticker in the bottom corner of Fox footy and I was just like I just keept ticking over. It looked like when I was putting fuel in the car, like it just kept I was like, what's happening down there?
Speaker 1: Geez so much? Yeah? Interesting, but yeah, it was. It was an interesting game. And credit to Port Adelaide for the big win.
Speaker 2: It's good to see him out there doing good things. A lot of interstate teams. We know, this is why the AFL is getting more fine money than ever because they're getting all these interstate teams in the top eight and then they're not going to be able to cash income finals.
Speaker 1: Oh we're going to talk about find here in a bit, don't you worry about that? Yeah, boys got a little bit of cash to pay to the AFL's Christmas party.
Speaker 2: We got GWS. That's another massive win because it was a real come from behind job. They kicked seven goals won in the last quarter to win it by a kick which Hawthorne only managed to kick the two goals one. They were up by about five goals heading into the last which is insane that so many comebacks this week. So lucky you guys held on. But they they've won five in a row and that one puts them back in the top four. How scary did GWS look at them? All?
Speaker 1: Your team? They're coming home strong, strong question? Yeah, no, it was credit to them. It was Hawthorne Sendado. They kind of had it like, you know, they're a decent amount. I've had it in the bag. And then credit to JBS. They came home strong, and yeah it's a big win for them. You know, getting into the top four there, you know, you obviously want to have that double chance. So that's I feel like every single game you talk about the team's trying to make the eight, but there's also those teams trying to make the top four and then obviously score differential kind of plays within that too and g w as you know, that double chance is a massive, massive advantage. So yeah, crowd to them getting the win over Hawthorn, who's now like Hawthorn is one of those teams it's falling into trying to find the eight. So it's you know, it's a big scout for them, and yeah, it's important for them, I think for the final chances.
Speaker 2: And Jesse Hogan man, that guy can take some one on one marks and he's just.
Speaker 1: Out of the way of other people trying to kick goals. You know, like last week he got peltered in the head by one of his own teammates.
Speaker 2: He's just a ball magnet at the moment because it just keeps finding it. But it's amazing. Just another one of those Hall of famers that smokes darts. See we got to sorry what you're talking about. We're talking about kids, don't listen to this part. But we have Max Gorne out there, one of the best players ever in the ruck and he's ex dart smoker. Then we've got Jesse Ogan darts smoker and he's kicking darts at the moment. Just it's we need more data on it. We need more data on it. I'm not saying start mace, but you might want to have a look at a pack. We go to have a look at him to go to that. He just popped into my head.
Speaker 1: Just pulled out of the who the next segment.
Speaker 2: Adam Trelaw two hundred and fiftieth game. He had thirty disposals, kick two goals, six clearances, eleven score involvements. He is playing incredible footy. He's got to be in all Australian He's at least got to make the squad. I don't know who beats him, but if he's not in the big squad, what are they doing? But there was an amazing moment between himself, Kimmy rav was there, his partner and then his other partner's partner in crime Josh Dunkley and his daughter Georgie up in the stands and ads gave him the love heart and uh yeah, it was a very nice moment.
Speaker 1: It's very cute. He's a he's a very much a family man, loves his family, and he's an incredible person. Like I've always had massive love for him, and it's in a messager. Yeah during the two hundred and fiftieth game, and you have to play big. You know, I played very well on a big time moment for your career and yourself is always cool to see and yeah, they had a big wing went over the weekend. And to kick a goal in that kind of milestone game too and show love to the family, I know that would have meant a lot to him. So now it's a great to him. I love good people having good things happen to him, and I think over the weekend that was one thing. Two hundred and fiftieth game obviously a massive accomplishment, but just a lot it's of him being able to play well within that and be able to celebrate it with his teammates and his family. Was a feel good moment, you know, it's a feel good moment of the weekend.
Speaker 2: It's one of those ones like throughout his career, he's had a few injuries, but as soon as he does and I know it's annoyed him at stages where he'll people like write him off when he's done a hamstring or whatever. And the way that he's playing footy at the moment two fifty three hundreds not out of reach, and to play that across three different clubs is quite amazing. I can't think of a player that's played to the level that he has that free.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's crazy one of the ogs up there, wouldn't he Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so yeah. To start, he was like in the original like part of the original team. Yeah to yeah. Now three clubs later, it's pretty crazy to think.
Speaker 1: Man, some of the stories from there other days j W.
Speaker 2: They used to train at like a public gym with like other people, like just like like just some fitness.
Speaker 1: Like eighteen year old essentially to can you imagine Can you imagine just like a bunch of eighteen year olds just starting up in the ANFL club and just being in Sydney were like no one bothers.
Speaker 2: You ten years old and they were training out of a shipping container. Imagine starting your AFL experience in a shipping contenter. You'd be like, oh, I thought you.
Speaker 1: Would have showed me that when our first came over here, be like here's our facilities and it's a shipping there, be like you can get stuffed man, I'm going back to America.
Speaker 2: I did want to ask you this because you did bring up that you sent a text over the weekend. Max Gorne on Triple M said that you sent him a text message saying welcome to pre Limp Folklore when he kicked five goals in the prelim final in two thousand and one. Is that true.
Speaker 1: I don't have his phone number. It was a tweet. I think it was a tweet whatever he said. I was like, Max, No, I'm happy to have you on the podcast. We will love we would love to chat to you, mate, don't get me wrong. But now I didn't text him. I think I tweeted it out. I don't know. We have to go check the x verse or twitter verse wherever it is. But three is a bit of a joke. So I was like, you know, I just love the big fellas, the big Ruckman just dominating them big games. Like I don't know, obviously, I'm going to have a bit of a soft spot for Ruckman, And it was great to see him just, you know, play a big game in a big moment.
Speaker 2: That get that. It was good that it got into the Grand Final. It was good that it got brought back up because I feel like some of that stuff that was COVID times just got glossed over.
Speaker 1: And it's like, I think everyone was in some real docres during that time that we're all trying to forget those two or three years even existed.
Speaker 2: As he kicked one on the run from like outside fifty and that was what goal.
Speaker 1: Square baby with this guy, not the Sinner Square Gold Squad.
Speaker 2: Anyway we're talking about kicker is.
Speaker 1: Does it makes sense that is a rectangler square.
Speaker 2: Jeremy Cameron just another one. Will give a bit of love to six goals, seventeen disposals, nine score involvements, eight marks, and he won the game off his own boot because in the dying minutes he went on an absolute gut busting run and took a mark in front of a pack that only he could take, went back, slotted the snap and celebrated hard.
Speaker 1: He said, very good celebrating.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was a few expletives in there. I'm not one for reading lips, but I could read what he was saying. But just yeah, we've sung his praises for years now, but he just does stuff that other people can't do.
Speaker 1: And I love the fact that Geelong just kind of like lets him go. Yeah, Like he just I feel like he does not have any structure to his game whatsoever. He's like I see ball, I go get ball. It's like go wherever you want, wherever you think kick gold you just be there.
Speaker 2: It's good luck going with him too, because he's like six foot whatever.
Speaker 3: He can run. You just see him the four line. He's in the back line. You're like, does he actually have a legit position on the field.
Speaker 2: He's an amazing field kick. He's field kicking incredible. But yeah, just another shout out to him because they definitely definitely wouldn't have won that game if it wasn't for Jeremy Cameron. On the weekend, a couple of special shout outs. Brisbane nine wins in a row, but you know they beat Saints, but they've beaten every you know, major team in the in the top eight. Western Bulldogs just keep winning and obviously got the win over Melbourne Essendon. It was they got the win. They did it the hardest way possible. Like I said, I was there and they were terrible for you know what this is we were talking about this last week is like they go to games, they stick it out, but they just seemed defeated, rolling up like like no one was hyped. Every goal they were like, like every goal in the first three quarters they were like, oh yeah, cool, like watch your stuff this up or whatever. Frio was louder, and I was like, oh this. Going into the last quarter when Frio was up by like their five goals or whatever, I was like, oh, Esena's not going to fire a shot, like this is just another one like last week. And then out of nowhere, they kicked a goal, then kicked another one, and the crowd just woke up like they were just asleep. They weren't even complaining about free kicks or holding the balls or anything. They were just quiet. And then out of nowhere, they just blew the lid off the joint and I was like, Okay, they're here. And then they just got all this momentum off the back of it, and I'm like, well, if you just cheered them, But it's like I get why they're scarred, that are very scarred, but like if they just got right behind them, like I feel like they need to be as irrational as Carlton fans. Like Carlton fans think they could go out on the weekend and beat Prime Real Madrid or something like. They just they think they can beat anyone anywhere, anytime. And I don't know where they get that belief because they haven't done that forever. So like they need that belief. They need that level of delusional belief that Carlton has and that'll get them some more wins. Like you look when Carton had that in the finals last year. Scary to come up against them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure they were. They were definitely a force of finals. Yeah, likely.
Speaker 2: To get a stop somewhere and there. Let's talk about the big losers. We got Sydney on top of the ladder. It's hard to believe they're big losers.
Speaker 1: But they striking dissence of losing the top spot.
Speaker 2: They could get knocked off the top of the ladder this round, which is crazy. It's actually crazy that they've lost five of their last six and are still on the top. Like it just showed how far out in front they were. They got their wins early. It's the biggest loss for Johnny Longmeyer. He doesn't know what to do. Biggest loss by an eventual premier ever is one hundred points back in nineteen forty five tough, and that was Carlton. So Carlton back in nineteen forty five lost a game by one hundred went on to win the flag. So they're going to have to break that record to go on and win this flag this year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, interesting, it's interesting. I'm just more impressed that you pulled that stat out of your ass. Stuff.
Speaker 2: It doesn't happen, Like, it just doesn't happen, Like the eventual premier has like a massive flogging.
Speaker 1: But this is the thing, right, Like he can sit there in himself, like Sidney's gonna make top four. I think we can all pretty much guarantee that. Ish, Yeah, I think, I Like, I don't I haven't looked at the score or the numbers yet, Like that's a.
Speaker 2: Well so close, do you think two rounds ago Carlton's second now the eighth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's I mean, I think like the top four are pretty I don't know anyway. Sydney Like, yeah, they've lost four and sorry, five of the last six, but I think everyone that goes up against them knows how good Sydney can be. Therefore, if you drop your standards by even a little bit, you know that you're gonna get smacked by them. Yeah, Like I think everyone knows because they've seen how good Sydney's been all year that Sydney at their best can beat anyone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's that same feeling that like last year, everyone was like, we need to get Collingwood. Collingwood just kept getting over the line. There was moments later in the year where you had a couple of losses leading into finals. Everyone threw it out the window Collingwood and like, no good, they're not going to do anything. I feel like, if anything we've learned this year and we're being patient, is that every big call that anyone's made this year, you just look like a goose, Like every big call, like everyone, Well, Bevo was sacked. Now he's got the hardest team in the camp. Hinckley was sacked. He's got the hottest team in the camp. Like GWS they lost their way like everything. Brisbane, Oh, they're done for Sack Fagan. Sack Fagan off the back of a Grand Final and like five years of success after taking them off the crap heap, and we're sacking Fagan. The nicest guy on the planet, seriously, the nicest, Like in the first half of the season. Like, I think we all need to take breaths, because we've tried it at times to have a couple of little hot statements, but it's just it doesn't work. So let's just chill out a little bit on Sydney, especially because I feel like they can definitely still do some damage. They only had a couple of injuries. It's not like they lost them all. But we'll wait to see how that all plays out because it's going to be an interesting one and obviously we know who they got this week all right, now moving on to Carlton because obviously they lost to Collingwood on the weekend four hours of the last five they've lost, which is a bit concerning. More concerning the one was North so that's not, you know, a big scalp. And then more concerning than that, the four that they've lost to have all been kind of in and around finals with gws Port, the Bulldogs, the hot teams. They all went down to those, and then Collingwood are on the precipice of doing something amazing hopefully and making finals. So that's you know, a few worrying signs. They're still getting scored against heavily they're not a great they're a great team for scores for, not so much scores against. For me, they're one crack away from Heaven Forbid Wetering goes down or something.
Speaker 1: That's weeding third.
Speaker 2: He's their best player if they didn't have him.
Speaker 1: Fripsenham like mad don't get wrong. Yeah, obviously the two forwards up top two, but like government, late in.
Speaker 2: The game, we're impossible to get pasted. It couldn't get it past them, so they kept pumping it back in. But they're just equally as important to each other. But yeah, I don't know if how they can stand up through the I said it last week, but you know, finals gets more defensive. You need to be able to stop scores. And if they can do that come finals is the big question mark Heaven Forbid if they if they make finals, because there's still a chance they don't make finals.
Speaker 1: This week was saying they lost to US, which is chomping off the vandwagon. I was like, your team didn't.
Speaker 2: Know, said if they lose the Collingwood, they're done. They're not going to make finals. They'll go on, They'll get rolled by Hawthorne and whoever else. Somehow and get knocked out. We'll wait to see. I did want to know because obviously you kept their key forwards to one goal combined Harry and Charlie, which they've probably historically done really well against you guys in the past. So are they too reliant on those guys moving forward or is it still fine because if they spill it, if they drop it, it goes to their small forward.
Speaker 1: I think they do have like a bit of reliance on them kicking goals, right, Like you look at the games they win, those two guys are probably kicking two three goals apiece. But no, I think it was kind of like a credit to the Darcy Moore as a Jeremy Howse that I was like coiners to Billy Frampton's that you know, them playing defense over the weekend to keep them to that score line. But yeah, obviously you know they score really well and then on the other side sometimes they give up a lot of points as well, So like it's kind of a you know everything, like go hard to go home kind of thing, you know, and it's like you know everything and nothing, And I'm sure they're probably trying to figure out kind of what that looks like and how to fix that. But yeah, I think it's like they for them to win, like the numbers would say, like they need to kick goals and for them to do that usually the two people they look to do that is obviously the two big forwards and Harry and Charlie. So yeah, I mean, I'll give credit to our defense over the weekend and those are two, you know, really good forwards, some of the best in the league that I think they'll have one of them at least make the Australian squad. So yeah, you look at that and you go, okay, you know, if you're gonna win games, you gotta almost put the pressure on them, which is never a good feeling for them because a lot of it comes out of the midfield. And you look at the last quarter and their ability to pump the ball in and pump the ball in and pump the ball in and they got goals out of it. If they could have done that for four quarters, we would have never been in that game, you know. So yeah, it's yeah, it's it's a credit. I think are tolls standing up in those mamas because if you looked at, like I said, the inside fifties in the last four quarter were insane. I feel like we didn't meet the ball past midfield. You're sitting there and you're seeing Jeremy How just punch and you're seeing you know, Darcy Moore punch on out and.
Speaker 2: Eight spoils or something ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Seem just like one after another. It was just like, good lord, let's get it out of that side.
Speaker 2: But they were good spoilers, those him and Jeremy How even.
Speaker 1: Iconic, Like have you seen the deflation of the ball the punch. Oh, we're gonna get a couple of this. It's like he's like punching the ball and like full spoiling and the balls like deflated in his hands. Essentially, it's epic. It's one of the best photos of the year.
Speaker 2: I think I think most fans would not be able to appreciate how the pill is hard as shit for like a normal person, that thing is hard as a rock. When you're kicking a fresh one points it's not great. So like punching it.
Speaker 1: I don't want to get the belly of the ball, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: That's not great. Let's move on. We've got a couple of special mentions because Frio really fumbled the bag again. They've had a chance to really go second out right, and then you're looking at the double final double final in Perth, like it's so important that they finish up there and they're fumbled the bag twice.
Speaker 1: Now, I was really gunning from over the weekend. Yeah, I saw them. Actually, I was going for a walk in the afternoon. I saw them kind of going to their games. Hapthy Board was Matthew, one of the assistant coaches, one of the nicest guys. He was like helping them load the truck up. I was like, y'all love when iver I see like coaches or the assistant coaches helping out. A lot of shout out to Maddie Board.
Speaker 2: I have a lot of really nice guys they still have.
Speaker 1: I'd say, is the nicest team in the league.
Speaker 2: Is that good?
Speaker 1: I don't know if that's good, but like long, he's just an absolute legend, boy's absolute legend. I feel like Alex Pearce is the nicest human you've ever made. He's that's just such just great people, just good humans.
Speaker 2: You know, stand by if that's a good thing, or we'll just stand by that because I don't know if you're going to be a bit of a prick to win games a footy Melbourne Melbourne the other one there, Like I said, kill on the rack, wrap it up, give your boys the surgeries they need, start the process. Now let's go forward to the next year, because.
Speaker 1: Do you reckon it's after Petrokker out injury. They've kind of shoveled a bit. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I really thought that Clayton Oliver would probably stand up a bit more than they had Trent Rivers going to the midfield, and he's been good. But yeah, I don't. I think my logic wasn't mathing because it just means. It just means like if like people are going to put in work like normally, like a tag is like I've got to pick who I'm going towards. And now if no tracks out there, you can just like put more effort into Clarity or put more effort into Rivers or whatever. So yeah, I just don't think it's been their year. They've still got some pieces. You probably got to get some trades in. Some of their kids is like coming on really well, so interesting to see. I think Hodgy said that it's it's the end of the Melbourne era.
Speaker 1: Wow, I don't know about that. That's a statement from Hodgie. It doesn't give too many statements like that, big statement. He's getting reeled into these old clickbait things, isn't he.
Speaker 2: That's good. Let's move into the Collingwood game. Because Scott Pendlebury, I don't know. I don't know if anyone he's aware of this, but he played four hundred games.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how many people have done that?
Speaker 2: Five, five or six something. That's a real guest. I've seen him in the photos. I'm trying to close my eyes and imagine them sitting there. They were talking about it on the radio and Kevin Bartlett like one of his last games he had like forty touches and kick seven or something.
Speaker 1: Just casually.
Speaker 2: Bloke was forty years old, like real.
Speaker 1: Gered raph had but them I want to say, in his final game, it's just like everything inside fifty kick to him.
Speaker 2: Calm down anyway, Pendall's had a great game. I did want to say this off the top because I did see this this and then it just gets sadder and sadder, and I don't want to kick Essendon down. Pends has been in the league for twenty years. He's won two flags, he's won a Norm Smith. He's recorded over ten thousand disposals, he's won five Best and Fairest, very good any time in the league. But he's never seen Essendon win a final.
Speaker 1: It's just that's a lot hagging free.
Speaker 2: Why how of these players like Jack Inovan. I was having a Twitter fight last year with someone and it was like, I don't think jack Inavan was born. That's like you got people from birth all the way up to their life as a footballer and they've never even seen him. When that's no wonder. They're so deflated. Anyway, this is a thing about Pendles. I want to ask you.
Speaker 1: I just wanted to give a dry by and aid it didn't y. There was no reason for you to pull that statistic out. You're just like, oh no, let's let's beat him by their down.
Speaker 2: It's just an amazing thought. It's actually hard to fathom. I did see the thing Footscray got their first win in ten thousand days because they are the Western Bulldogs and they played his footsground the weekend and they got to win his.
Speaker 1: Footscro did see it on the ladder.
Speaker 2: That was interesting, Yeah, so interesting. But the Pendlebury song, Dude's so good.
Speaker 1: Loved it.
Speaker 2: So what happened did he come in?
Speaker 1: He pre game that he came in pre game against free Mail. Never I got knocked out at that game, and great memories. I do remember this part of the night though. In pregame he came in. There's this kind of went off on TikTok a bit. I think you've liked this whole thing of like him kind of given an ode to Pendlebury on his guitar and he comes out and like Craig does some really funny stuff pre game, right, he wore clown shoes this week. You know, he does some unique things. He juggled some lemons this week. It's very impressive.
Speaker 2: I must say, figure out how that goes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's used the field from Pendles and such that we got too. But it was yeah, it was it was I don't know, it was good. It was good.
Speaker 2: I liked it.
Speaker 1: I liked it. I was impressed. I just needed my shoes back after he finished. But no, he he came in pregame and he like sang the song and it was just like hilarious, man like, and everyone got in and one started clapping and cheering, you know, and doing the same stuff. And singing with him, and you know, Pendles, he's a humble man, like he doesn't want to say anything like out of line. So it's just funny to see him almost feel uncomfortable with us giving him so much praise. It's like kind of makes us do it more. I think at times like, well he deserves at one, but I think it was quite funny. So he actually came back and then performed that in front of the whole stadium pregame. Yeah, and we were down at the room so we didn't actually hear it, but he did a few changes I think.
Speaker 2: To this song, the lyrics for the three hundred plus one at the G and all that's it was, because yeah, I thought the first one was really cool.
Speaker 1: But imagine this guy who's just put together a song, put it on TikTok, and next thing you know, you're performing to like eighty ninety thousand people at the G in the same year.
Speaker 2: Sometimes social media, like the tiniest amount of times can have like a really positive violin check.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, dude, she's awesome. I love that girl. She's cool. She's very good.
Speaker 2: A's done some wild ship in their pregames before, like the hovercraft.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, that's my favorite things I've ever seen. I just one day I want to get on that thing, Like, where.
Speaker 2: Is it at the bottom of the arrow? It sank in the era? No, it's sank it in the era.
Speaker 1: You're kidding that.
Speaker 2: I had to pull it out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh my, I didn't know this. Can we clip that into the video? Even?
Speaker 2: I think Collingwood had on VIC Park they was it Collingwood vic Park or Carton Icon, but they had an elephant out there running around.
Speaker 1: Sorry, what an elephant? An elephant?
Speaker 2: I don't even know where you get an elephant.
Speaker 1: Front it's a picket full forward in an elephant for pre game? Yeah, wow, what is the weirdest thing? How do people describe it? I just don't get it. They used to do and then being able to get in scuffles. Anyway, we'll get into that kid going.
Speaker 2: When I first started in the league, they had they tried to bring in dances like cheerleaders.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like like Rugby has.
Speaker 2: Like at the Big Bash. The Big Bash has the dances on the side and stuff, and it's like the amount of times they try to bring in crap and people are just like, we like the football, Like, we like the game. We don't need Katy Perry coming down, Bloody Katy Perry. Anyway, let's get into it.
Speaker 1: Do you ever feel like a bag? Just actually, you know what my phone I think was listening to us last week because that song came on like three times this week and I was like, can you stop? I did not enjoyed this. Move to the next one. Play raw.
Speaker 2: It's better than a new one. But I want to know highlight from the week because they would have been so much. Scott Pendlebury in your week, what was a highlight.
Speaker 1: For there was a lot. It was really cool. We had like kind of a moment where we went to a theater and credit to all the other guys. I think Kevin Barblo was the only one that wasn't there because he had just had some kind of operation or something. But to have the other four hundred gamers come in and like show respect in that sense, that was really cool. Dustin Fletcher has been on this podcast. You know I was there, so I got to say high to him. But that was kind of a cool moment I think where you do realize, I guess the connection that AFL has with some of these guys, you know, they're kind of forever you know, associated with each other now and that was that was really neat for them to kind of show respect and show up in that moment and do all the photos and stuff with them because like they're not getting paid for that, you know, like they're not getting anything extra. They're just doing it because you know, they understand how how big of a moment that was and how big of a you know, experience it is for him to be able to reach four hundred games. So that was really cool for me. And then like Pendall's family, Like I think people talk about him how he's not like kind of soft hearted now and he's got his kids and his wife and you know the rest of his family were there over the week, and it was just cool to see them so involved throughout the whole week and him just you know, being a dad, like being like an awesome dad who's you know, just loves the hell out of his kids and wants to get them as involved as much as possible, and you know, getting them inside the inside the team song and singing it with us and stuff like that, like that stuffs really cool. I think that's like something that you you look back on, you know, throughout your life and you say, those are some of the best moments. Whenever you get to have the whole family there and have them involved in some of the stuff is pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Now, old dog new tricks. Yeah, Pendle's pulled out the banana from deep in the pockets.
Speaker 1: I almost lost it so good. I was in the rock and I was like in the middle of the ground and I saw it come off of his boot and I was like, there's a chance, Yeah, there's a fair chance. And it was. It was probably like half a foot like I mean like millimeters from actually going through.
Speaker 2: And nick the inside of the post and went through.
Speaker 1: Insane it's and it was a dart.
Speaker 2: He puts some like speed on it.
Speaker 1: There was no arc to it. It was just like it was like he missed it and then he kind of like smiled after it and he turned around. We'll hosk it. Elliot's just like laughing and pissing himself of like if that would have gone in and this place would have just lost itself and just you tear the joint down like it was unreal. It was. There's a decent kick, but unfortunately I didn't go through.
Speaker 2: It was like in my head, I'm like, you're already thinking, Okay, he's going to center and he's going to do this and that, like what he is.
Speaker 1: I do love the audacity of going the banana from the boundary on your four hundred. If anyone could do it, well, I just slide on that one.
Speaker 2: Jeez. Yeah, it would have been that insane. I just wonder where he's practiced then, because it's like you've never seen him pull it out in a game really, so.
Speaker 1: Like we're not on the run. Yeah, probably one of those little cheeky sat shots for a coffee at the end of the training session. But yeah, far if it would have gone through, man, I would have lost my mind.
Speaker 2: Well, he did have a good game, twenty seven touches, nine clearances and pivotal late got into a couple of good positions late in the game and held up some time and hit a composed target. Yeah how did you see? I guess how did you see his game? But how did you see how the whole game panned out? Because you started well, first three quarters was you know, back to Collingwood's you know footy, Yeah, as Fly said postgame, and then you know the last quarter. It was just holding on for dear life.
Speaker 1: So I think they started winning the center clearances in the last quarter, and that kind of put our defense under pressure, bur.
Speaker 2: Because Jordi went down and he was having a hell of a game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so Jordi went down to his hamstring out of the middle. So then we you know, we brought in Patty Lepenske. You played really well, I thought, and I think, you know, we lost a few center clearances and they were coming out and whenever you lose territory that quickly, and obviously like them after a first goal, second goal, a bit of momentum. It was. It was, Yeah, it was looking pretty rough there for the fourth quarter, but you know, luckily enough our defense kind of held up at the very end and was able to stop him enough times. They did have an opportunity obviously on the siren, but I think there was probably oh cheese. It feels like there have been ten other entries that could have been you know, marked and kicked for a goal before that. So it was it was a back and forth game. It's kind of everything you asked for in a football game, you know, like the back and forth two arch rivals, a big crowd, like, you know, a big momentous occasion of four hundred games for a person and then you know, to win on his four hundredth and like it just seemed like everything was falling in place for this beautiful kind of moment for him, and so yeah, it was. It was great and Pendles played really well. I think, like you always talk about those clutch moments and having people I can handle the pressure and stuff like that, Like he was just seemed like he was finding space where there wasn't space and being able to get out of the kind of pressured situation. Whenever we're in our back half and you look at the last kind of minute and a half, there's a few little kind of handballs and getting it out to the outside that were quite important for us to be able to, you know, chew it a time off the clock.
Speaker 2: You yourself two goals on the on the night wine, the big double arm wing spread. I couldn't even fit it into the Instagram picture.
Speaker 1: It look like an idiot, it looks. And then you got the mouth guard in, you got the booty shorts and the tank top, and you're just like, man, what am I doing?
Speaker 2: I feel like I feel like watching you, I could see the little roller decks in your head going through the celebrations, like what do I just arms out? Just do something, Just give me well, I want to know your second goal. You run up to Nick Newman, who was manning the mark, and it was like, you're going to get him a bit of beef. But he realized you were coming ahead of time and grabbed your jumper dragged it to the ground, which I thought might have been a free kick.
Speaker 1: The rules, but you would think so, but.
Speaker 2: It sparked a bit of a malle Now talk me through that.
Speaker 1: Well, here's the thing, right, I don't know I got fined over the weekend. I understand I was in a melee and not just being in it apparently is enough to get a fine nowadays. Someone else, someone else tries to elbow you in the head and grab your jumper and throws you to the ground. You didn't actually touch anyone like That's that's a whole nother conversation. But I'm guilty. I'm guilty, Braden, Yes, but I feel bad for Luck. He's Schultz and then Jordan Boyd because they also got fined the same amount as myself. And then Nick Newman, who kind of I would say, is probably the main instigator and this whole thing you could, yeah, you could say that would instigate something. Right, he kind of gets the same penalty, but because it's his second offense, he gets a little bit more money. Right, So we're all under the four of us essentially all get fined, and I have the same reasoning for the fine. But then Schultz and Jordan Boyd like who were just kind of pulling people off each other. I was like, and Jordan Board, I think just like fell into me.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was like, I mean like he's opposition, Like, don't get me wrong, but like I kind of felt bad. I was like, come on, man, like that's really twelve fifty just to like fall into me.
Speaker 2: Like what Sultz was a weird one. Shultz went up there and he likes out of grabbing players to look like the pull, and then he was gone before the group even dispersed, and he got fined. I don't know how they pulled his out randomly, but I did want to bring this up because it is interesting because obviously the finds are in place to incentivize people getting in malaise because it's a bad look there's families, there's kids at the ground, and you want to you don't want it trickling down to the lower leagues and the kids and all of that stuff. But why do they promote it on social media and on the AFL website.
Speaker 1: Well, that's a great question, Brandon. I mean, you can't have your cake and eat it too, right. You can't sit there and find players but then promote it as one of the highlights of the game or something that you want to put on social media. Yeah, like it's either one or the other. You can't. That's where I kind of am a little bit annoyed, I guess by the situation of saying like, hey, we're going to promote it on social but also we don't want you to do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, it's like, if you don't want to do it, then you probably don't promote it to socials. And the reason you don't want to do it is because you don't want some people to see it. You don't want to be promoted to at a younger age. Then why are you putting it onto platforms that are dedicated to showing it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, and kids are going to see it, they have more access to it. They get to watch it over and over and over again.
Speaker 1: But I'm guilty, Brandon, I'm not going past this.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 1: I am guilty.
Speaker 2: It's just weird. I don't I don't get it. And it's it's not like it's always listed up as some journalistic thing where it's like, terrible incident happened, avoid doing this. It's like, yeah, Mason.
Speaker 1: Boiled over, here we go. The fans love it. The fans love it, but we don't like it.
Speaker 2: It is a bit of fun, costly, costly fun. But yeah, there was a bit of I thought it was weird. Luke Darcy calling out for fines during the Yeah.
Speaker 1: Luke, hey, Luke, don't be calling out for fine. As soon as you say fines, you know what the AFOL is going to do fine your ass. Come on, man, look after the players to be one of.
Speaker 2: Them on the broadcast. I don't mind it when the umpires are saying, boys, there's going to be fine, because that's normally what they do. They just give you a little bit of warning and then people go, yeah, actually, I want to buy a new TV. I want to play it. Actually got a weekend coming up, so anyway, I did want to bring up Jordan to go his injury because out for the rest of the season, which is tragic. He's had a bit of a bad run this year. Yeah, and kind of trying to find a place in there. Obviously not at one hundred percent, And yeah, did high hamstring a bit of tending out for the year. How do you know, how do you attempt to cover that because I imagine you can't really.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, Jeordi obviously is a hell of a player. It's very tough to try to fill his shoes, that's for sure. But you know, he's, like you said, he's been injured for quite a bit of the year, so we've had some different people go through there, and you know, it gives opportunities to other players to play in that kind of midfield role. And yeah, would love to have Jordi out there, of course, like he's you know, in our best twenty three and unfortunately over the weekend he had the hamstring injury and we're not going to be able to see him for the rest of the year. But yeah, like I said, it gives opportunities to other people. Hopefully, you know, we can get someone else to step been to that role and you know, be someone who can break lines and be able to do some special stuff that we know Jordi can do and fit into our game plan like you know they have over the last you know, fifteen weeks. I feel like really, so you know, Jordie's had his I think it's been as groins and a few of the things he's had issues with, so you know, other people have had to be able to play different positions to cover for that. So we'll continue to do that as a team and you know, hopefully it gets better as soon as possible.
Speaker 2: And he's not an old dog. They're always saying, oh the old dogs are going to start falling off, and as these young bucks coming through. This one now the most important one for the podcast. The game ended up in Mitch McGovern's hands as he had a shot after the siren, and I thought the one bloke I didn't want to see the ball in his hands with him, so or maybe Blake Acres because he has a man he has a way of kicking goals. But yeah, Mitch McGovern's mark, where were you and then you ended up manning the mark for the final kick?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I was I was downline, so I kind of you know, hoping we kick the ball, you know, towards the boundary. You waste a bit more time. And I kind of look up and I see McGovern kind of just darts and just takes off four Hi'm going, oh shit. So of course, me knowing that's kind of my god, I've got to try and sprinting good after him. So I was about four to five steps behind him, and you know, the ball gets thrown in, I'm thinking, oh, four or five steps, like by the time it actually hits hands, like I'll be able to get to him and hopefully be able to you know, be able to man him up. And unfortunately, like Pitta, takes out of the rock and snaps it right away, and I was like, oh shit, And I just see it kind of fall straight into his life, and I was like, you gotta be kidding, Mail, Like it's could have gone anywhere else in the ground. You're like, would have been able to influence, but like that one little kick, and I was like shit. So, so the mark as you want to as the biggest guy on the ground, you know, so you definitely want to be the person on the mark. He's about forty out, so you're going maybe he has to kick fifty to fifty five, and yeah, you kind of like the game's out of your hands really, like you can't really do much. And yeah, he just sit there. The umpire comes up to you and he goes only up and down, don't move anywhere else, and you're like, all right, don't screw that up. Yeah, don't give him fifty.
Speaker 2: Did you ask about that or did he just tell you?
Speaker 1: They usually tell you if it's in a kind of a moment where there's extra time that might happen, like it'll kind of make sure that that's the case. Some umpires, some do, some don't. But kind of said that in the moment he goes, look, you can only jump up and down, I was like, yep, done this before, mate, And yeah he lines up and yeah, being the person on the mark, you know, you're kind of like the first person to see the ball come off the boot. I feel like, so whenever he was kind of coming up, I kind of saw it and it didn't come cleanly off his boot, and I kind of knew from that moment like that it was probably not going to go through unless some wind picked up in the MCG and took it about ten meters left, So yeah, it was. It was a scary feeling because it's you're a man who's kind of like, come off you in that moment. It was smart play by him to be honest to push forward. But yeah, it's a bit of a scary moment. But luckily it kind of worked out in our favor and we got to win.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was we went I think it was Jordan Lewis or someone on the coverage was saying like it was a really high i Q play for Mason Cox to make sure that he got on the mark first man in the market. So we won't tell him that it was your man.
Speaker 1: I appreciate it, but it was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was amazing. Like I said, I saw him get the ball and I was like, not him and then yeah, I don't know. It looked like he just tried to kick the shit out of it and skewed off the boot and yeah, go lucky in especially late in the game. So yeah, there was a little moment where Patrick Cripps was doing a fist pump before he kicked it, which was very interesting because I don't know if he was trying to convince himself that he was going to kick it or if he was that convinced that he was going to kick it, but unfortunately for Kripper and the Carlton team, he didn't kick it. So yes, very interesting. There was another moment that I'll just say what and I'm going to skip straight past it, but it was fifty seconds left, ball on the wing and it goes to Jamie. I'm like, game over. He's just going to run it all the way to the forward line and he just let it go out of bounds, like half grabbed it, looked up, dropped it over the line and just jogged off and I was like, no, that's very important that you got that ball, mate. But it all turned out fine, and he's probably got a couple of clutches up his sleep.
Speaker 1: I think, yeah, drop, that's fun. The first person that's mentioned that the game.
Speaker 2: So that hurt my heart that moment. I was like what happened because I was like he's away anyway. Let's jump into the previews long podcast Sydney Collingwood SCG Sydney coming off the massive loss, Collingwood coming off and nail biting win, Massive Finals implications Sydney could lose the top spot. Collingwood needs to win every game to be a chance to make the top eight. How are you feeling going into the game. That was a great promo.
Speaker 1: I'm up, yeah, up in Sydney. So we got to fly to Sydney SCG at their home, oh Stadium, and I'm sure Alamia is going to give them a little bit of a rocket up their ass. Sorry Lomier, Lomar, Sorry, is going to give bit of a rocket. So it's going to be Yeah, it's going to be a tough game. There's no doubt about that. Sydney top of the ladder for a reason.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: We've said it multiple times, and they seem to play well in these big games where you know, I think the last time we went up there was jeez, I don't know. I always go back to that free limb. Yeah, I always go back to that prism. I think we've played them since then. I go back to that game and that was back and forth. Was unreal. But yeah, Sydney, we know their top of the ladder for a reason. They're a good team and it's going to be a challenge for us to go up there and try to get the win. But yeah, hopefully we can.
Speaker 2: Do that and We talked about it earlier in the pod. If you go up there get the win against Sydney and Sydney you get the confidence carry you all the way home, so you'll love to see it. So we're hope and Collingwood goes up there and gets the w. We've got Brisbane VGWS at the GABA. There's so many big games this year.
Speaker 1: For spot. Yeah, Brisbane trying to continue their little streak they've got going at the moment, the gab Bar the Fortress.
Speaker 2: Still Yeah, I think Brisbane win this.
Speaker 1: Win this game.
Speaker 2: I shocked either way, though.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't be shocked by I know it's going to hurt you going against your boys the same, but Brisbane on a roll, smashed, absolutely smash their opposition this week, So you can't go past the side.
Speaker 2: I've had a bit of Devil's Advocate. You got Jesse Hogan versing Harris Andrews. But then outside of that, the defense kind of falls off. A lot of injuries in the Brisbane defense, a lot of good goalkickers in the GWS.
Speaker 1: True, true, true, It's going to come down to the small forwards. I'll say, oh, that's.
Speaker 2: A massive call from Mason Cox you heard it here first on the Mason Cock Show. North Melbourne versus West Coast, Bloodstone and Arena. I think that Tasmania down in Tazzi every week do they have home games here?
Speaker 1: Well, they're trying to get as many games as they can before the Tasmanian team comes in.
Speaker 2: What we're going to win this too and go back to back?
Speaker 1: I reckon they will.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean if you're West Coast now, like going to Tasmania and playing they're knowing you're not making finals, and jeez, it would just be a grind, absolutely grind. Let's grim. Yeah, I'll go North Melbourne on this one double two on the trot.
Speaker 2: That's fine. You just can serve your energy West Coast because then you've got Carlton next week at home, so you load up on that one. Free o versus Geelong optus another massive one.
Speaker 1: This is a This is almost the game of the week. I'd say, I still wo.
Speaker 2: This is free free. Off the back of that disappointing last they get a bit of the river, they come out here, they beat you along. Who's not very convincing at the moment either for a team that's inside the top eight.
Speaker 1: Let's go Jeremy Cameron over under five goals.
Speaker 2: Oh he has these pockets of form, so I'd say anders but four but like four and twenty six.
Speaker 1: Casual, just another day now the park, another down the park, free, We'll go freeer winning.
Speaker 2: At home Essendon, Gold Coast Marvel Stadium.
Speaker 1: Geez, this is just interesting. Gold Coast really probably out of the eight now and realizing that truly.
Speaker 2: Real drop when you know you're done done.
Speaker 1: Some teams do, and I'll be interested to see, like this is the thing. Gold Coast is always like yeah, you get to like three quarters away through and you're like, oh, there's a chance, there's a chance of making the top eight, and then they kind of they just don't get over the line, right essid In obviously needing a win to keep the phonal finals hopes alive. Man at Marvel, Cheeky B wants to go gold Ghost. I actually just wants to. I don't think it happened, but you know, I'm all for big comments and big statements. Man, put it in cock lock. That thing gold Coast signs beating at Marvel gesus. That's why, man, you're beating down that's in for no reason. I've joined the squad.
Speaker 2: I'll go even I felt about them all podcast Melbourne v Portack in Melbourne, do they put the Q on the rack? I wonder if they rest Gorne or something like that, knowing I'll they've still got a cheeky winning I'm reckon, but I'm going to go Port at the G because if they can do this, then they can kind of do anything.
Speaker 1: I think it'd be a good experience for Port to be playing the MCG as much as they can for it back end of the year. They obviously playing Adelaide Light, Skinnier Oval and everything else, so there's much opportunity for them to play at that ground. Knowing that they if they make it all the way, they'll have to play there eventually in the finals. It's a good opportunity for them to get a win and feel confident on that ground.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's a good call. Carlton Hawthorne. This is a massive game. Carlton needs to win two on the run home to make finals, and they've got some two or three. Yeah, they got some pretty like easier games they got West Coast than they got Saints, so they can lose and still make it. But you don't want to be flirting with that form. Yeah, I'm I think I've got pretty much every cuck clock.
Speaker 1: You do not sound confident, whatsop.
Speaker 2: I think I've got every cock clock right for the year, like I'm on Farker.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, because your vy ass was going real.
Speaker 2: In the beginning. So I'm going to say Hawthorne is going to win this game.
Speaker 1: With the g.
Speaker 2: Wow, I just wanted to.
Speaker 1: We're just pissing off the biggest fan bases.
Speaker 2: Just because it just it's just another crazy layer for the ladder. I just want the ladder to be as close as possible top the bottom going into the last round.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and just like every game being so important, insane. Yeah, I'm gonna go. I'm gonna go Hawthorn too. I know that's four. That's a big statement. They're gonna have to Yeah.
Speaker 2: They're gonna have to win it if they're going to make finals.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I think man, Hawthorne's just gotta they get that swag baby.
Speaker 2: In the weekend really hurt them against GWS Richmond Saint Kilda at Marvel. I'm going Saints in this one. I feel like Richmond knows they needs like just simmer off for the rest of the.
Speaker 1: Year Saint Kilda essentially not a home game for Saint Kilda, but pretty much on their home deck. I'm going to go Saint Kilda to get the dub.
Speaker 2: Still a super frustrating year for Saint Kilda fans because they were nowhere and now they're coming home with.
Speaker 1: The finals last year. Yeah, can you imagine that? Can you think? Like it's crazy to say that because it doesn't seem like it seems like it was ages ago, but.
Speaker 2: They actually the web sale and for what they're going to finish like twelfth or thirteenth or whatever, it is, Like that's just so frustrating for their fans. Anyway, I'm going to go Saints in that one, and then Adelaide v. Brisbane in Adelaide versus Brisbane, I mean Adelaide versus Western Bulldogs. The Bulldogs have been beating everyone, but Adelaide have been Adelaide too more threw over teams on the way home and they play an exciting brand footy and when they get the right matchups they can beat anyone. So this is a real hard one too. I'm going to go Bulldogs just because they're in just exceptional form.
Speaker 1: Of them I'm going to go Adelaide in an alb Yeah. I just man, I just like being the upset city. I see that stuff it, I can see it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Anyway, that's it for the pod.
Speaker 1: Is it from the pod? Yeah? Thanks everyone for listening and I hope you enjoyed that. Hopefully. What are the games over the weekend? Unreal, so many close ones, exciting for all fans involved. Hopefully your team won.
Speaker 2: If anyone out there is doing the ladder predicted, they don't like, good luck. Each game is just like I thought, you know, I thought Sydney was going to be nor whatever.
Speaker 1: A hell of a lot of money betting companies right now. It's like every teams like, oh, that's easy to lock that in dollar one.
Speaker 3: It's like, ah, everyone feel for the betting company.
Speaker 2: It's a tough economy.
Speaker 1: It is a tough and we are looking for a sponsor, so please let us know. But now, seriously, thank you so much for listening into the podcast. As always, follow us on socials, give a like and subscribe to everything that we have, and a massive, massive thank you for being a part of the community. Anything you want to say on the.
Speaker 2: Way out, that's it.
Speaker 1: That's it. Have an incredible week ahead and hopefully your team gets up over the weekend. Joy the week.
Speaker 2: So yeah, unless you're counting ooh