Speaker 1: iHeart podcasts. You can hear more Gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app. Got anything good? Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast. Now head a long weekend, there so many things to go and see and watch. Every Friday on the show we do a thing called double thumbs up, and over the long weekend, families getting together. You'll all be gathering out around the couch. You confronted with way too much choice. There's too much choice. You don't know what, you don't know what to watch, and so that's what we do double thumbs up. For me, it's still on the cinema. I earned you go and see at the cinema because that's where it really. It needs a big room because we're talking about a big talent. We're talking about Elvis Presley, the Baslam movie. Elvis was bull in a couple of years ago. But he's found the sixty boxes of unseen footage of Elvis live in constantly stitched together forensically. This live performance. You see Elvis performing and and also rehearsing as well. Us how hard he worked with that the world's greatest backup band as well. It's called epic Elvis Presley Live in concert. I can't recommend you go and see that enough and only be on for another week or two. It's one of those things where you do not need to be a big Elvis fan. It's the joy in someone who is just so amazingly good and live to perform as well, and it reminds you just one amazing voice he had. He doesn't get enough credit. There was such a big circus around Elvis his whole life, especially how it ended as well. That's the story of Elvis. It's just the tragedy, not the talent. My god, that voice. I haven't stopped listening to Elvis this week. I love that. My wife said, are you going through on Elvis revival went? I just felt like I got to really experience one of us must have been like to see him live and forget about the historics and everything else. Just what a singular talent, which also leads me to the next thing I'm giving a double thumbs up to that I watched last night. I love a sports documentary, and the really great ones will draw you in because it's about us what it is to be huge. The Senate documentary is one of my all time favorite movies. Also, When We were Kings of Hummadali one is incredible. Last dance I'm rewatching for the third time. I love that it did. I draw power from it. But anyway, the thing I watched last night, my wife came halfway through and was like, I'm not a big golf fan. And then I found her. She sat down the couch an hour later and what happened to that big golf fan? You've been watching this for an hour. It's the Rory McElroy documentary about him finally getting the US Masters. The Master's Weight is his story. It goes through the whole everything he did on the final nine, the highs and the lows, takes you through all the chokes he's had, not winning a major in twelve years. Commentators talking about him, all the crashing loaves him as a kid on TV shows when he was five, his brother talking about how you know they shared a bedroom growing up together in Ireland. Mum and dad were working class and his brother would fall to sleep holding that golf club in his hands where he just wanted to that motion to something at a young age and kept saying that he was going to win all the and then his mum and dad. You know, it takes a family to really really get behind a kid who's got this, this supernatural talent. His dad worked a ninety hour week, he had three jobs for eight years. Oh my gosh. And I was watching that, and so the dad worked during the day, the mum worked during the night. So between the mom and dad were working twenty four hours a day to back him. Because it just takes that, you know, to fly your kid around the world, and you're you're working class Northern Irish family. I was watching that thinking, thank god, neither my daughters were good at sport. The thought of working a ninety hour week brought me out in a rash team. Wait this, ninety hours in the week sixty nine, find a breakfast show, get some of the Irish Carl and Jackie Oh money, Jackie olshe so yeah. Rory mclory the documentary The Master's Way, cannot recommend that enough. What an uplifting story. You've been tears at the end when he wins it, you feel like it's a win as well. I don't know how, but it just did. Eat my Dorito's and a glass of red wine. Yessay, I jumped up. When he finally when he just collapses to the floor, you've seen iconic image. It's something like when Muhammad Ali on those iconic sports shots when an Ali has stood over sunny liston, sprawled on the canvas and he's just like dropped him and walked off. There's that shot and Rory clapsed into his knees where there's no words. You get what he's feeling in that moment. Cannot recommend enough that is on Amazon Prime RIEA. What's your double thumbs.
Speaker 2: Up, Aaron Chen, He's got a Netflix.
Speaker 1: R stand up. Yes, love his delivery just gets straight into it. Yes, he's built for comedies in the way he looks. Yes. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But also it's amazing to see someone like him. So he's an ausie comedian.
Speaker 1: He's a big global megastar.
Speaker 2: Now he's just a kid from Hornsby and Sydney who sort of just was doing Sydney pubs. And then he's on Fisk. If anyone's watched good really good show or Guy mont Gurry's gone Maurice spelling Bee. Then he blew up a couple of years ago when he went on Late Night with Seth Myers, and he did this brilliant and now it's incredible to see because he's just this, you know, small little Asian kid with messy.
Speaker 1: Homegrown talent story.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, he just sort of shuffles around the stage. He's very awkward, but he's so so funny and now he's got a proper us Netflix special. It's filmed in New York. To see someone like that on that stage and this moment is so cool and something. He's got a real ossy sense of humor as well, so it's really great to watch that very understated, quiet, ossie dry, very very dry sense of humor. To make it on the big stage in America is so cool.
Speaker 1: He's a careless stand up as well. Okay, so what's the special coolness on Netflix?
Speaker 2: Yes, on Netflix, it's called Funny Garden.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Sho Podcast