Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian o'connells show podcast.
Speaker 2: Chap Post is just promised team members maybe at the end of the year so they can feel the joy that he has as a recent Crocs convert, and also Crocs if you need a wide eyed evangelistic ambassador. No one will shift that brand more than chat Posts.
Speaker 3: You love Crocs, it's just because you guys haven't tried it, so you keep saying things like I have.
Speaker 2: But because of care about esthetics, I took my foot out of that because it was I was squelching noise. If you're walking in public, they.
Speaker 3: Don't I agree. From the outside, they don't look comfortable. They just look like plastic. But it's when you're in them they feel so nice. So I said, if the team wants for Christmas, I'll get everyone a pair of Croc.
Speaker 4: Team does not want.
Speaker 2: Have you got Crocs? Pats?
Speaker 4: Excuse me, watch your mouth out with some I'm sorry, I.
Speaker 2: Was just checking. I don't know whether you were a Crocker as well, you know not.
Speaker 3: What about Chris with that guy?
Speaker 2: Can't no, no, no, no, I will say this. You go to a hospital, they're all wearing some kind of croc because they're on their feet all day. They need to be No, you see the surgeons as well, not the patience. What are they giving them crocs? Are they going to a bowling alley where the doctors and us will take your shoes up and go what are you mean? Nine nine and a half forty four? Is it European forty four on an American eleven?
Speaker 3: But I don't think surgeons are wearing crocs.
Speaker 4: No, they're wearing like a special clog, like a special industry.
Speaker 3: What is a clog when it becomes a special industrial clock? I think surgeons are just wearing regular sneakers.
Speaker 2: Some are wear regular sneaker. But having been in the hospital in the emergency department a couple of weeks ago for four hours, I was looking a lot of footwear there, just think, just thinking, because I'm designed now for comfort, thinking what if they they need comfort? What are they wearing? I was doing like an inventory. I saw a lot of Nikes and stuff like that, a lot of assex Jack you and I, of course we love our assets. They had the coianers as well, but I saw predominantly a croc looking foot thing. Really, and I don't know whether they have a wholesaler or wherever they go. But it was a it was a cloggy kind of thing. She can slip it in an easily. If you've got to code red or something you can't be going on. It's put on my left shoe on. You can just slip it on it. But they look like crops.
Speaker 3: Well that's the other thing. You get them on so fast. That's what you're out the door like.
Speaker 2: This, and that's you're there's always something going on. Where's the action, where's the party? Haven't got time for laces Johnny Depp to come in. They just don't belong in society. I would know.
Speaker 3: I would love it if medical professionals really are wearing crocs. I would love you.
Speaker 4: But that's all right because that's in a workplace like a chef would wear.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're right, yeah, okay, so you're saying, technically, i'm working here, I could.
Speaker 2: Wear my I'm glad that you said to were technically before we had.
Speaker 1: Finally, this is the Christian o'connells show podcast.
Speaker 2: Jack isn't the only Kroc lover on the show. I prod you sad Caitlyn has she just came flying in three, three pairs of crocs. I mean it feels like it's like, why have you got three? Is it sort of situational? One sort of indoor? One sort of set for outdoor? What's the three choice?
Speaker 5: So it's about fashion, but it's not happening. So I have a white and a gray pair, So it.
Speaker 4: Just depends on what lashable share you good one?
Speaker 2: I didn't. It was Paris Fashion Week.
Speaker 6: Oh I have a third one that actually has kind of like a woolen inside.
Speaker 2: How old are you? And is that when you're doing your roses Nana, No, it is when.
Speaker 5: I want to be a bit more upmarket.
Speaker 2: Start.
Speaker 3: I still have the croc out of shell, So.
Speaker 5: It's not the famous croc out of shell.
Speaker 6: It has like two bands across it and it's just more like a slipper that you slip your foot into and it's got.
Speaker 2: The nice And did wear that out to like a restaurant or something?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Absolutely, dress?
Speaker 6: You know, it's really really stylish. I'll wear them. I'll wear them next week.
Speaker 2: But what's happening next week? I mean, I didn't mean anything to me on the show. Oh right, okay, we've got big week if we crom.
Speaker 3: Week honestly, I would love to wear him in here?
Speaker 2: Do you want? I promise you?
Speaker 3: Okay, no, shame no.
Speaker 4: I think you'll find they don't meet company protocol.
Speaker 2: I've seen, I've seen what some of the people wear here. Where is that company?
Speaker 3: A little love from walking around bare feet and board shows?
Speaker 2: Only come on now, one of the best dressed men in radio Amnesty, Kroc Amnesty tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Okay, where your crocs? I will Caitlin wear your crocs tomorrow. Anyone who's in crocs wear crocs tomorrow.
Speaker 2: I'll get them on the way you look. It's just going to be in fact, you know what Jack yet, Kate is not working on tomorrow's show, So it's you'll find that flank. And I've just heard a message from Sue the boss Kroc lover.
Speaker 3: Se where your crocs in the morrows?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: It should be like a fundraising day everybody wears. Wouldn't you do it for a good cause?
Speaker 2: I would donate. I don't have to wear the cross.
Speaker 3: There you go taking part, You're.
Speaker 2: I'm donating. I'm supporting the cause. I don't need to wear the Croc. Here's what I want to know then, So I'm pretty sure that surgeons who are on their feet all day doing complicated operations, right, their feet have to be looked after you on the day. You can't have me having like sweaty foots over that. That scalpel could nudge that like kick in the back of a shoe where the heels coming a bit, but you didn't get quite getting to the shoe easily. I think they're wearing clogs slash crocs, and I'd like to know what is their default shoe that they use. Are we missing outside?
Speaker 3: I would love to believe it, And it's true. The croc is very aerrated from all the holes, so you never get a sweaty foot, So it makes sense. I would just be.
Speaker 2: Surely with all that rubber that's like a like a like a it's more like to bring out the sweats.
Speaker 3: I just thinking of what I say on TV, and I've never seen on grays Anatomy or people wearing crocs.
Speaker 2: They wear a slip on there. It's backless because you can't be putting the hill thing. They haven't got time for that. When there's a code blue and ward.
Speaker 3: Five, well they should already have shoes on.
Speaker 2: Because they're hanging out with huggy. All right, So surgeons, what are you wearing on your feet? And in fact trades as well, they're on their feet all day.
Speaker 4: Long, they're not wearing crocs.
Speaker 3: A steel cat croc would be a good idea.
Speaker 2: Also, I worry, right, I need to be in footwear that is adaptive to any situation might find myself in. You are you in this or a trading No, no, no, I'm just saying I worry that if you're in crocs, I'm worried that your ankle is loose in there.
Speaker 3: Your ankle is loose. But then you've got what happened.
Speaker 2: If you have to deal with the situation and you've got to take it to a john Wick level, hopefully that never be. You need to be ready for that.
Speaker 3: No, you don't know about the speed bend. So there's two motes in.
Speaker 2: A crock there's crap and ship.
Speaker 3: There's a slip on function or you can flip back the speed bear and then you've.
Speaker 2: Got I want to defend my wife's to support mode.
Speaker 3: Then you've got support behind the quickly and it's not coming off.
Speaker 2: Hang on the other one wasn't a support mode. You can't deal with any situation. Bear Grills ain't in crocs and Middleton is not crocking up the S A S boot.
Speaker 3: I'll be in support mode speed ben mode most of the time, so I won't. I can run at full pace in crocs.
Speaker 2: It's pretty much okay, whatever job you do, do you trust your footwear? And would you recommend it to us?
Speaker 1: Carl Ber you're listening to the question you know, Carl's Show podcast.
Speaker 2: We're getting into today. Real talk guys, real talk, no excuses, real talk, real talk, no excuses. Footwear. What do you depend on? What isn't born. The reason why we've trickled into this is Jack is pushing the case once again like some sort of crop fundamentalist. He's always going to convert people when they're tired. And he's flying the flag for Crocs and it said it's a lonely flag.
Speaker 3: I would love to wear them, only you can.
Speaker 2: This is a CROC safe space. But all you would know is a lot of the team will be thinking, oh god, I'm going to bring in my book and stop. I never oh my god, oh my god. I know what I'm going to get you as a tree, and I get you the ones I have the Boston mule, the Boston s f B soft foot bed.
Speaker 3: Don't you have to get them shaped to your foot or something?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, these things, these things you get them and they straight away fills like the hug in the foot. And you have that s f B whatever that is the soft foot bed, and oh my god, and you can slip them on and off. Jap. But this is a mule, a suede one. You can wear it with shorts, you can wear it with a soup. What it is, it's versatile. It's versatile. You can level that up, you can scale it back down. I can hang out in a boardroom. I can hang out the board walk. Come on, Birke and stock h Q.
Speaker 3: That's all and everything you just said. That's what I hope is the future for crocs that is accepted in the.
Speaker 2: Same you know what they are, scrappy do and what I'm wearing with my Burke and starts. It's good old scoops.
Speaker 3: I've got.
Speaker 2: You're dreaming of being me when you grow up.
Speaker 4: You say you can wear it with a suit, but it doesn't mean that you should.
Speaker 2: True, I would agree with choices and options, all right. So the people I really went here from today are what goes on operating theaters because surgeons and all the technician stuff now they're on their feet all day long, and focus is really really important. Christian sue here, I'm an operating room nurse. I wear assex runners. You and Jack mentioned them earlier. A lot of orthopedic surgeons. What are they?
Speaker 4: Orthopedic hip hips and knees and stuff authotics.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they started the food work your way on.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you start there in an operation, you work you out. Well, we're going to operating the feet, then we do the knee bone connected to the thibone. That's what they're saying when they work to remember where all the bones are there. Wear a white gumboo because there can be a lot of fluid around when we don't need to know what happens when we're unconscious.
Speaker 3: Ye see, krucks would be awful for fluid on the ground because there's so many holes.
Speaker 2: You're you're not making maintaining a strong case for them. I can't have fluids around me seeping into my footwear. Christian, my midwife and I wear birken stocks. They are like crocs. Chloe, I disagree. They are the thinking person's footwear. Christian, I'm emergency nurse. I use crocs, but the solid ones with slip resistant songs.
Speaker 3: You know, don't know the solid ones. I thought the whole thing about Crocs was that had the holes all.
Speaker 2: Over, the porous, the porous technology.
Speaker 3: If you go on a clothes kruck, you're just wearing a shoe.
Speaker 2: Christian. I think surgeons wear birkenstock clogs the same as chefs. Chefs wear them because they can kick them off quickly if they drop something hot on them.
Speaker 3: Hm hmmmm.
Speaker 2: Someone else saying, what are those strange little pens that Kroc wears have on them?
Speaker 3: Yes, I would, I would be interested in exploring that. Oh no, they're.
Speaker 2: They must be called a name. If I see you, they go, oh, bless him. He's wearing spoky dogs.
Speaker 3: They are like spoky dogs for your shoes, and they're actually popular among young people, so I would be called.
Speaker 2: You're so guys. It's like Fred again, he ain't wearing crocs, is he? He's not. You're not telling me behind those turntables, probably has a little Jane, good morning, Good morning, Jane. You're exactly who we need to talk to. So you're a theater us. I am all right, so take us into a surgery. What's everyone wearing?
Speaker 7: I can confirm that the majority wear crocs.
Speaker 3: Told you, I'm sure there.
Speaker 7: Are there are lots that also wear Birken's dogs.
Speaker 2: Thank you Boston with the footbed.
Speaker 7: That's right, and there are also gumbo wear is.
Speaker 2: See what's what's the what's the number one? Then if it was a pie shot, what's the biggest slice.
Speaker 7: Our crops have a huge percentage of that pie star.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I see if surgeons are wearing it, sure it's good enough.
Speaker 2: For the work they're going for functionality, Yes, and they're chucked under the operating table bed operating bed.
Speaker 7: I don't wear them because of the holes. Surgeons wear them and they don't wipe them off, so they are covered in.
Speaker 2: Stuff.
Speaker 7: Yeah and yeah, so I'm not sure why anyone wears them in the operating seat of bit, but they love them and they wear them.
Speaker 3: Don't you scrubbing and scrub out of an operating theater? How the dirty old crocs getting in the.
Speaker 2: Sort of taking that I don't want to look down at the surges going. Don't worry. Very simple procedures. It seems spratted in dried cake, blood and brain spoure in that we do.
Speaker 7: We do scrubbing, but we're only scrubbing out hands and arms, so we put on seal gowns each cone.
Speaker 2: When we used to go to that foot thing, you don't see that anymore. Goodness knows what was.
Speaker 3: So remained when foot mouth disease was a threat. We had to always had to step on those.
Speaker 2: That's what you need to clean off your shoes. So what do you go for, Jane? If you're not crocs, what are you training as sneakers? I?
Speaker 7: No, I don't like sneakers because again they're fabric and they absorbed stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what do you go for?
Speaker 7: I wear a clog, kind of like a rubbery clog. But the problem with nursing clogs is traditionally I find them really ugly, so they're kind of limited. But they're the best option for me because they're clothed and I can wipe them down.
Speaker 2: And where do you go to get your shoes and clogs?
Speaker 3: It's a special nursing shop.
Speaker 7: There are these online stores.
Speaker 2: So would we be able to go to them as well? Can you give me like your log in details? Because I want to try what you have. I think I could focus better on the show.
Speaker 7: Maybe, Look, you don't. It's like nursing CoA. If that's what you're wondering, I think that. I mean they're open to.
Speaker 2: The part you're making it sound like I'm trying to do something pervy now is purely functionality, Okay, to help me focus on performer, that's right.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast