Speaker 1: I would like to acknowledge the traditional owners of the land on which this episode is being recorded, the Komboo Marry people. We pay our respects to elders past, present and emerging and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. Today I'm your host, Georgie Stevenson, and this is the Rise and Conquer podcast. This is the podcast where we ch have mindset, self development and becoming your higher self mix soon with a lot of laughs, plus behind the scenes of my life running two businesses and being among Think of us as the perfect combo of brunch with your besties mixed with self development. No matter where you are in your journey, We're here to help you be curious, pull yourself out, and embrace radical self awareness.
Speaker 2: If you're ready to get into.
Speaker 1: The driver's seat of your own life and stop letting life pass you by, then you're.
Speaker 2: In the right place.
Speaker 1: Hello, my loves, and welcome back to the potty. Today's episode is a bit of a tough love one. I wrote this on the plane when I was coming back from Europe.
Speaker 2: Honestly a bit of a different It was a bit of.
Speaker 1: An alter ego moment and I read my notes out to a tr and we were like, oh, she's being a bit brutal, and.
Speaker 2: It's what I needed to hear.
Speaker 1: Personally, though, well, I feel like it's very much old Georgie who just used to say whatever she wanted. And I am a bit brutal, but I say it with so much love, and I feel like this is for the people. If you ever, you know, if you catch yourself saying I don't have enough money, money is really hard to come by. If only I had a bit more money for this or that.
Speaker 2: This episode is for you.
Speaker 1: It's basically just a solo pep talk about how important our mind'st is around money and around like attracting and holding wealth and abundance. Guys, I have been on such a journey, but your mindset and the words you speak like, I love this saying like the words you speak are honestly spells.
Speaker 2: Like what you're.
Speaker 1: Saying out like and you're projecting that's what comes to life. So if you're constantly saying like I don't have enough money, you're complaining about certain things, I just would be so careful listen to this episode because it just might open up. I truly believe because in this episode I do talk about how much people can be a victim by money, and it's how we're brought up, it's you know, it's how we're taught by society.
Speaker 2: So I get it. But I truly believe that.
Speaker 1: If you are being a victim somewhere, you are not reaching your full potential and you're playing small.
Speaker 2: So if you do feel like you're.
Speaker 1: A victim to money, the great moment of having that realization is you're not in your full potential with abundance with money, So you.
Speaker 2: Get to change, you get to evolve.
Speaker 1: Also, guys, a special announcement, we are running a really fun promo to celebrate the restock of our Goddess Energy Self Love Journal in collaboration with Kate Jones.
Speaker 2: Aka Dedicated Kate.
Speaker 1: Guys, these sold out as like a couple weeks after they launched, and we had so many dms saying, you know, we missed out, we want them restocked. So of course we're restocking them, and it is July, and so we thought we'd do a fun little Christmas in July celebration, and so for every order, we're giving away a free Christmas and h dessert Honestly, they're delicious. They're so delicious, so fun. So get your restock of your journal. Also if you want to stock up on another journal, such a great time and you get you get a free little cute and h gift.
Speaker 2: So that is going live this week. What data to here yesterday?
Speaker 1: It went live yesterday, And before we get into it our weekly recommendations tt.
Speaker 3: Mine is so biased the rise app money content.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say the same thing, you can't steal mine.
Speaker 3: I've been going through it and honestly, because I edited it all, I did watch it. But then I've been rewatching it and I've written like another three pages of realizations of things I need to work on, and.
Speaker 2: It's just so good.
Speaker 3: And I have been working on my money mindset a lot, so even just having the meditations to listen to and go to every day so quickly and easily has been amazing. And I'll give a second recommendation, and that is if you're after like a silly, little fun movie a family Affair on Netflix, it's Zach Efron and Nicole Kidman.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, what a vibe.
Speaker 3: It is just like a really silly one though, So if you're want something of subsistance. I wouldn't watch that, but just like a bit of like, you know, when you really just want to be entertained in tune. Now, Yeah, it's one of those Oh yeah, what about you?
Speaker 2: What is your reck?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 1: I was going to also recommend rise because such a fun month, and I have been doing the meditation on the way to work, and it's really about setting myself into the frequency of being this.
Speaker 2: Really, you know, my most abundant self.
Speaker 1: So then throughout the day I'm making decisions in that same frequency, you know. And I love that I'm matching her, so that comes to me quicker. So that's what I've been doing and loving. And then other recommendations. I listen to this podcast episode let me.
Speaker 2: Just get it off.
Speaker 1: So it is a Grace Beverley working hard, hardly working ep and it is genius is more about habits than genetics. How to Find Your Five Am Club with Robin Sharma. So I've never read that book, The Five Am Club. And then I listened to this episode and it was so good. He's amazing, And now I'm gonna go listen to the book.
Speaker 2: But just that episode I got so much out of highly.
Speaker 1: Recommend Love I'll give that a listen, definitely do it.
Speaker 2: Shall we get into the episode.
Speaker 3: Yes, you know it's gonna be a good episode when Georgie has her journal out to read from.
Speaker 1: I wrote this episode when we were coming back from Dubai and guys, I was on a bit of a different vibration because I read my notes back and I was like, oh, she was a bit spicy.
Speaker 2: I read some to a tea and she was like, holy shit, I know.
Speaker 1: And I was like, oh, okay, so this episode is going to be a bit of tough love. But I feel like, really just it channeled through, so it's obviously meant to be for you know, specific people. So if it's not for you, that's absolutely fine. But I feel like this is either going to trigger you or really kind of like wake you up to be like, Okay, this is somewhere I need to look, which is basically what all self development should do. If every single like self development podcast or training or whatever just makes you feel like good, excited and motivated, you're not doing it right. Like you should be triggered, because when you're triggered, it's showing you areas where you do need to work on, where you do need to up level. So that's a little disclimer.
Speaker 3: Okay, if you get mad, it's your fault.
Speaker 2: It's you, not me. Yeah, I'm just gonna take no responsibility.
Speaker 1: No I do you know. I do take a bit of responsibility. But no, it's funny games.
Speaker 3: It is you'll get my life reaction to this pep talk that I need.
Speaker 1: Okay, So basically, you know, this whole month, we're really chatting about money. We have our money month in the Rise app, and we also do have a money course coming. So I keep telling everyone and then it is like, no one actually knows that. I'm like, oh, now they do.
Speaker 2: There's no secrets on the podcast. No.
Speaker 1: And I was thinking about this the other day and it's a very niche texture with money mindset, and I feel like it might be a blind spot quite a few people. And if you can look at this and change this, this will be such a catalyst for you attracting more wealth in easier and in a better way. So yeah, let's just do it. I really want you to think about in this episode where you are being a victim to money, So where you're in a victim mindset to money, it might be very obvious where you're just like, oh, I never have enough money, it's never coming to me. Or my friends have money, my friends have trust funds, my boyfriend's got money, blah blah blah. Like that's a very obvious. You're in a victim mindset. I want you to even go a layer deeper where you have become a victim to money. So let's just say you work for someone, you get to work from home a couple of days, and you know you're in this victim mindset. No, sorry, you're in this mindset where you're like, oh, I want more money and it's not coming to me. But you're having thoughts like oh, I have to, you know, do this job to get money, or I have to do this certain thing, and I want to flip that on its head. And like I wrote here, poor you forgetting to make money.
Speaker 2: Poor you.
Speaker 1: You get to sit at your computer at home, in your comfy you know, sweats, tap on your computer and make money. Tear scringe, so literally, you know, like we are so privileged, so privileged, we are so privileged. Like even like me, I get to sit on this microphone talk about what I believe in, and I get to make money and sometimes I'm such a victim to money. Like if you get to work from home and make money, what a fucking privilege. And there's people who complain about that, and I'm like, and that's even another thing, is like if you get to work from home, not only can you get paid for that, but you also have a lot of privilege to do a side hustle, you know, like you have the means if you have your own computer, you have a means to make money. Like the amount of money you can just make on social media, on you know, with tech is actually ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Like we have never.
Speaker 1: Been in a time where it is so easy to make money, and there's so many people complaining about it.
Speaker 3: Like poor me, I get to go to work and make TikTok's and get paid for it.
Speaker 2: Literally, Oh my.
Speaker 3: I die.
Speaker 2: Sorry to all social media.
Speaker 1: Love you if I love you, I know, like poor you. You get to like poor me. I got a cake thrown out my face and that's something that made me money, you know. I mean, like, imagine if I was an invictive mindset about that. I know, and so many people are. And it's because maybe you're not in your dream job, maybe you don't make money in like the best way. But if you are not grateful for what you currently have or even grateful for what you could have and the means you could have, you are blocking yourself for more money to come in because you are in a victim mindset and such a like yeah, like you actually have so much more privilege than so many other people, and you're like, oh poor me.
Speaker 3: Like, to be honest, if you live in Australia, you have nothing to be worried about to an extent, like what other country do you have the privilege to maybe get CENTERINGK if you lose your job? True, there's so many things that we take for granted that we expect as like the bare minimum that isn't.
Speaker 1: That's actually something Tim said after our euro trip. He's like, wow, I it has really illuminated how much privilege I have and how much For example, you know, if Ivy has a tantrum or something happens during his day, he will then let that affect his whole day and be in a victim mindset. And he's like, I am so privileged and I've let the smallest things affect my mindset and mood, which is such a privilege. And he's like, I can't believe I've you know, let myself do that. And I think it's really easy to get into a victim mindset when you do have more privileges. Absolutely, could you just expect it? And that's what he said. He's like, I just expect things to be amazing twenty four to seven. So when they're not, I'm grumpy and I'm like I could have Todd.
Speaker 3: But glad this trip illuminated it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm like, we're doing shadow work right now. This is amazing. So that's even the first, you know, thing I want you guys to start thinking about is where are you even not like you're like, oh, I want to earn more money. You're not even letting your mind go to places where you could earn more money. For example, I'm someone who has a seven and.
Speaker 2: Eight figure business.
Speaker 1: I still sell clothes on deepop.
Speaker 2: I love that, and that comes from.
Speaker 1: A value of I hate waste. So if I have some beautiful outfits in my closet that I'm not gonna wear that are super valuable, I have this and I also buy things on deepop and I have this thing about like I really want someone to have it. Who's going to value it and love it and love it? Obviously if it's you know, it's not a designer outfit, Like I would just give a lot of things to friends and you know, my mum and whatnot. But if it is something I'm like, someone would love this and not only love it because I got it for fifty percent off. You know, that's like a value of mine. But there would be people who are you know, they possibly work full time or whatnot, and they're like, well, I'm not doing that because I have, you know, a big girl job. Or even like you can literally walk dogs and get paid. Like you're walking anyway, Maybe you go for an afternoon walk every afternoon for an hour to get in your steps. You could literally be a paid dog walker and get paid to walk. I used to love cooking healthy recipes, so I made a healthy recipe ebook and got paid for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do you mean there's so many things that you're probably already doing now that you're like, I could actually get paid for this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like if you like going to the gym, maybe considering a p T shirt on the side, Yeah, and run a class on a Saturday morning or something.
Speaker 2: Yes, Like even stuff like that I guarantee you.
Speaker 1: There's so many people are like, oh, I never would have thought of that, But I'm complaining that I don't have much money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you're not willing to do anything.
Speaker 1: No, That's what I'm talking about, being at a victim mindset. Like I even saw this TikTok the other day and this girl was like, do you know there's something happening in Australia right now where they're doing tests on like it was something to do with like females, so only females could do it. But she's like, I literally just had to give them my blood and I got paid three hundred and fifty dollars and it was for like a test they're doing. I think it's to do with like a varian cancer. I don't know, something like that. And she's like, there's actually so many things like this, but like just no one sorts it out. And I was like smart, very And that's even like I have this like what kind came to light of just you know, money mindset. And on our trip I on our euro trip, I bought a designer handbag and so we have this thing in all the countries where basically you can get if you buy something overseas and go back to your country, you can get the tax back because you're not a residence so you should be paying tax there. So I bought my bag in Paris, and so when I left to come home, you have to just like go to this like duty free place in the airport, show them the receipt, show them the bag, and then you get refunded like ten to fifteen percent. So my bag was very expensive, so like I was getting refunded like nine hundred dollars and it was like we had to like find this place and like sort it out. And Tim was like, why are we even doing this?
Speaker 2: Like who cares?
Speaker 1: Like just don't worry about it, Like, Tim, you are so free, like this is he did not say that. His was like he just like couldn't be bothered. Oh but that's like tired, yeah, And no. He even like made a joke about basically me being stingy, and I was like, no, yes, Tim, this is like three weeks of Ivy's daycare or like a pair of designer shoes.
Speaker 3: Exactly, Oh of that.
Speaker 1: And that's the thing is like it's even a reflection of like are you willing to take extra steps, are you willing to do extra things?
Speaker 2: And that's the.
Speaker 1: Beautiful thing is like blessed him. He honestly would be so fine with no money, like the simplest life. Yeah, it very much reflects his mindset. So that's not like, you know, bagging him out or anything, but it really just illuminated to me of my mindset. I'm like, if I can get nine hundred dollars back of specimply going to this place in the airport where we've got to wait three hours, anyway, of course I'm going to do it. But so many people are like, oh, poor me, I don't have money, but they're not willing to do the extra steps to let the money come in because often we get really stuck in the well. I want more money, so it has to come through my job, so it has to come through this specific way. But I have this belief that money is coming to me, like money is circulating through If you think about the amount of money circulating this earth is wild and it is honestly, it's just it's trying to come to you. It's trying to support you and protect you.
Speaker 2: It's like this mass skill.
Speaker 1: And energy that wants to be there for you, and so often we block it. So often we're like, oh I just I can't be bothered. But then we winch about not having it.
Speaker 3: And it's almost like a bit silly of us to think that we're just going to get all this extra money without putting any more work in because you're not exchanging energy then, But.
Speaker 2: It's that's the thing, is it?
Speaker 1: Apps money can actually come to you by you not putting in work, and like you know, people win the lotto, it can actually come to you in those ways.
Speaker 2: It's just if you it's almost.
Speaker 1: Like an ego thing to be like, oh, well I'm not dog walking or like yeah, I'm not selling my clothes on deep pop. Like that's embarrassing yea, you know, like it's an ego sort of move, even tim being like oh why you're so stingy? You know, Yeah, that's even something to look at. Where is your ego blocking you for more money to come in? That's interesting And that's even like I consider myself a very wealthy person, but I'm also highly resourceful. Yeah, if I can get something cheaper, I will. If I can get money back somehow, I will. Obviously I'm not ever crossing my boundaries or crossing integrity, Yeah.
Speaker 2: To get more money.
Speaker 1: But it's like, I am so willing to do those extra steps for that money to come in.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And it's as simple as like, if you're buying a camera, make sure you get a receipt and claim it on tax if you work in content. And it's like some people I know that working content have like bought the cameras and stuff and I'm like, well, you should claim it on tax because you use it for work, And they're like, oh, but I can't be bothered. Yeah, I can't be bothered keeping the receipt. I can't be bothered.
Speaker 2: And how much money they have coming in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're like, yeah, that's interesting, Yeah exactly. Okay, So I and this is you know, a lot to do. I'm kind of talking about a shadow work lens here, which is basically just thinking about And that's the thing is often this story we have around money or how we feel stuck in money, it's not because logically we don't want more money to come in. It's because we are gaining something by staying where we are by having this specific money story. So, for example, let's just go to that deep hop example of mine, maybe you're like, oh, I'm not you know, I refuse to sell my clothes on deep hop because it looks cheap or scrappy, crappy, and so it's like, Okay, that's your story. What are you gaining by having that story?
Speaker 2: What it like?
Speaker 1: What's the thing that you think you get by having that story, because you wouldn't have that story unless you're getting something or even you know, ask yourself. Maybe you have the story of like, oh, well, I'm not good with money because my parents had a shit relationship with money. They never showed me how to use money, and so anytime I get it, I just like spend it. And it makes sense because my parents have a shit relationship with money. That is completely valid. And look, we can go into limiting beliefs. We can do that work, and I absolutely do that work. But let's just go one step further. What are you actually gaining by having that story? What I can see straight away is you don't have to take responsibility. You can lose money and then let's just say your partner pays for things and you can blame oh, I'm shit with money because of my parents, and you actually get to gain You never have to be a big girl and actually look at your finances and actually take responsibility.
Speaker 2: So that's what you're.
Speaker 1: Gaining by having that money story.
Speaker 3: You don't have to make big purchases or investments like buying a house because your parents bad with money, So how how would you even get there?
Speaker 2: Exactly?
Speaker 1: And a lot of people think, no, no, I have this story. This is just my reality and it sucks. And yes I'm not saying it doesn't suck, like your experience is so valid, but you would not have this story or belief unless you are gaining something from it. So let's almost like bypass the ego stuff and go straight to oh what am I actually gaining from? Not ever looking at extra income streams. Maybe it's like you actually just don't want to do anymore, Like not that you're being lazy, but it's like maybe you actually don't want to earn more money because that would mean you get into a higher tax bracket you have to pay more tax, and that's scary to you, you know, like it can be something so much deeper. And when we shine a light on these things and really illuminate them, it's such an amazing moment to be like.
Speaker 2: Oh, this is the real story.
Speaker 3: And I think as well with being scared to diverse fire your income streams, so like look at other ways. Sometimes it just comes down to like it's a bit of an ego fluff. Like if you look at someone who's working multiple jobs, you go, oh, my gosh, well they're obviously not earning enough from their regular day job, or it's not as good as mine or all these things. But it's like maybe they're earning more than you from their regular day job, but they want an abundance of money so they can spend however they please and be a bit more willingly with their finances so they make sure they get that. So like maybe they're earning one hundred thousand dollars from their full time job, but they still work it like I don't know, mecha or something on the weekends because they like make up and that gives them a discount and money to spend. So like you can't really judge. But also if you're having that judgment on yourself and go, oh, well, I wouldn't want to work a retail job on the weekend, look at where that's coming from.
Speaker 1: Totally, And I think, also, yeah, like what are you gaining from that story, I was even thinking back to when I first started on my money mindset. And so when I was doing my law degree and I was working, it was probably a little bit more than part time. It was like a good three to four days a week. But I really leant into this story that I was always broke and I was always poor and I was always.
Speaker 2: Living week to week.
Speaker 1: And I like, when I was prepping this episode, I was thinking, Oh, what was I gaining from that?
Speaker 2: And so I wrote down I.
Speaker 1: Was gaining the story of like, oh, I worked so hard. Not only am I studying, but I'm also working basically full time.
Speaker 2: Poor me. I got to say that to everyone. I got to feel better.
Speaker 1: That's a dopamine hire Like, not only that I did that.
Speaker 2: Poor me.
Speaker 1: We love being victims, Yeah, we absolutely love it. And that's the thing is my my parents would absolutely indulge me in that.
Speaker 2: They'd be like, oh, she's such a hot worker.
Speaker 1: Not only that, like, for example, because I wasn't working for time in a new part time tim would pay for extra things. Again, he would indulge me, and he would be like, Oh it's right, babe, I've got it. You know, you work so hard. And don't have much money, so I could I could lean into that story. I could not take responsibility. I actually remember this, this, This is a key moment where my mindset changed around money. So I was only working part time, I was working my law degree, and I got a speeding fine. I got my red Joe and some some other bill came in and it was like twelve hundred dollars and I had only like six hundred dollars to my name.
Speaker 2: And I remember winging to Tim and being.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, I got this speeding fine and this happened, and I'm so shit with money.
Speaker 2: And I remember him.
Speaker 1: Like turning around and being like, Georgia, you earn like eight hundred dollars a week, Like sort it out, like sort it out. And I was like, pop off.
Speaker 2: Tim shot.
Speaker 1: I was shocked, and it was like, yeah, you're actually right, And I actually gained so much by leaning into I'm broke.
Speaker 2: I actually gained so much, So no.
Speaker 1: Wonder why I keep creating scenarios where I'm broke. Yeah, And that was such an epiphany moment. And that's honestly when things changed. When I became aware of my money story and what I was gaining from staying in that victim mentality and also another thing I was gaining again, I got to plan to the I'm a poor student story, and I don't have to make the next step. I didn't have to start saving for a house.
Speaker 2: I didn't have to even think about bigger things.
Speaker 1: Because I'm like, I'm the poor student again.
Speaker 2: It's a responsibility.
Speaker 1: I wanted to stay a kid, which is fine. Yeah I was actually quite young.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's like just being aware of that rather than like almost being avoidant with it, I think, because I think I did a similar thing where I was earning like a decent amount of money while I was working while studying, but I told myself, oh, I'm so young, I'm a student, and I didn't really save for a house. And that's fine because I chose to spend my money on other things that filled my cup. But I should have come from a place of like ownership rather than avoidance in going Yeah, I'm owning money, but I'm choosing it to spend. I'm choosing to spend it on travel right now, because I'm never gonna be in my early twenties again with the flexibility to go away for six weeks. Because once I start working full time, pending your style a job like a six week holidays bit more rare, Like it's so fine to do whatever you feel with your money, but just do it from a place of like, I have the privilege to choose to do this with my money, rather than I'll pull me. I don't have enough to do the big things, so I'm gonna do this instead, Like, be proud of your choice. Be proud, like I'm choosing to travel right now because that's what's gonna make me feel amazing. And I know a house is there when I come back.
Speaker 1: Yes, And that's kind of the point. It's what you do actually doesn't matter. It's your mindset the way you do it, And that's all I'm talking about. I'm not trying to like shit on certain people doing certain things, because I do actually believe you can do anything and it can be amazing. But I'm yeah, I'm talking about when you're in a victim mindset around money, around certain things, but you're making choices, yeah that propel that victim mindset. And see I see stuff on you know TikTok. It's very trendy to be like you won't always be twenty three traveling the world, like you can just earn more money when you get back, and I'm like, yes, I love that because I remember I did want to travel when I was younger, but I had all like my parents for very much like no at this age, you say for a house and you do this, and so I did it. But it wasn't like my choice. I was just doing because I had to do it.
Speaker 2: So I do look at those people and I'm like, good on you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's absolutely the truth. But as long as you're like, yes, this is what I want to do, and it's coming from a very empowered space.
Speaker 3: Because I actually saw a TikTok the other day of this girl who was like, all I want to do right now is be on a beach in Europe, but I bought a house last year and now I can't. And there were people in the comments going, hey, I'm someone in Europe would much rather be in a house I own right now. So I think, recognize the privilege you have and make your decisions, but make them for you and not for anyone else. Like if you're going to buy a house, amazing, but don't buy your house and then be like poor me, I have a house, I can't go to Europe.
Speaker 1: Like, well, I even think this is such an interesting topic that we always want what we don't have, and again our brains wired this way. But the grass is always greener, like you think, the grass is always greener on the other side.
Speaker 2: And that's like.
Speaker 1: When people ask me, oh, do you regret doing a six year law degree and then not using your degree, and I'm like, no, I gained so much from that. Why would I regret that? Whereas it's so easy because of society being like, oh yeah, that if I didn't have this house, I could be going to Europe. It's so easy to want the other thing. But again, take some responsibility, even if it is a choice that you don't. And this is actually reminding me. I made the choice that I probably wasn't going to practice law six months before I finish, and I it then got harder to show up for my law job, to show up for my PLT, and you know, to do the study because I was like, fuck, I'm probably not gonna do this. But I really had to sit in the well. I made this decision and I'm going to see it through because I am someone who finishes. I am someone who stays consistent. I am someone who is committed and I.
Speaker 2: Choose to be that person.
Speaker 1: So even though I'm probably not going to finish a practice law, I'm going to be so grateful that I gain these skills that I get my law certificate, Like what a proud achievement. And I had to really mentally challenge myself in those moments, which can be hard because it is it's like the grass always does look greener on the other side, yeah, but it honestly rarely is. So it's like, if you've made a certain decision take responsibility. You can always change it down the track, but it's like sit in it and be like, Okay, where can I actually take responsibility and have awareness for how privileged I actually am in this responsibility. And that's what even if you're currently have a side hustle and you work full time, you have a side hustle, you want to make the side hustle your full time thing. If you do not have gratitude for your full time thing, it is going to be so hard to make that, you know, side hustle full time because you're not in the appreciation, You're not in the high vibration of gratitude, it's going to be hard to shift that, and so again it's like, can you actually have so much gratitude for where you're currently are and illuminate where am I actually gaining from staying in this place if you are feeling like a victim.
Speaker 3: And Guys, once you shift into gratitude, it's literally a life changing as someone who's recently done that, because it was hard and like, I've had a lot of tests this year and money tests, and I was just like, oh my god, poor me, poor me, poor me? Why me? Why me? Why me? And I was like at some point you just got to like accept it and be like, well, this is the situation. What am I going to do about it? What choices am I going to make? And I'm gonna be grateful for it because I'm gonna be grateful for the fact that present me is looking after future me by making these decisions and sacrifices because it's not always all roses. But you can enjoy every single moment, Like you can get up every day and go, oh my god, how amazing and how grateful am I to have a fun job to go to or if you don't love your job, like I'm so grateful I have a job to go to and I get paid every week or every month without a doubt that money comes into my account, Like already that like what have you normalized already that you're taking for granted. Because some people they work casually and they haven't been able to get a full time job and they don't have a guaranteed paycheck coming in.
Speaker 1: There is always a mindset shift for anyone that's like, yeah, you should be so grateful if you have a full time job at the moment, because there's so much going on in the economy where people are losing their jobs, you know. And then maybe if you did lose your job, is this the best thing that happened to you, because now maybe you get job that you've really wanted, or that is going to be the job where you're like, oh my god, thank god that happened, so I got this job. You know. Like there's always a mindset shift that is always a higher vibe available to you.
Speaker 2: It's just if you're willing.
Speaker 1: To take it and take responsibility.
Speaker 3: And if you are in that high vibe, you'll be surprised at what comes your way.
Speaker 1: It's going to be better than you could have imagined. As we like to say, yes it's our favorite. Well you know that started tough love, but I feel like it ended on a really great note.
Speaker 2: Me too, we did.
Speaker 1: I hoped you loved this episode, guys, and we will catch you in the next one. Thank you so much for listening to another episode of the Rise and Conquer Podcast. If you enjoyed it and want more, come connect with us on Instagram at Riseinconquer dot podcast and join our Facebook discussion a Rise and Conquer podcast community. We're an independent podcast and we have a small team, so we do appreciate your time and support. If you have a spare moment, a follow or subscribe on whatever platform you listen to would be so amazing. And look, if you're feeling extra kind, a review on Apple Podcasts would be great.