Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: One thousand dollars up for grabs.
Speaker 3: Three ways you can win the money and share your stories, unusual dates you've been on, Things that old people love?
Speaker 2: And what happened on your school trip? Good morning, Olie, good morning?
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 2: We're good?
Speaker 3: Oni, welcome to show. You had a good week? And which one are you calling in?
Speaker 2: About?
Speaker 4: What old people love?
Speaker 2: Yeah? What do old people love?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 4: I do a lot of work in people's homes, and I do a lot of elderly and I always find they love bridge magnets.
Speaker 2: What is the accumulation of them? You like tons of them?
Speaker 5: Maybe?
Speaker 4: Yeah, their bridges are just chokers. They're full of them.
Speaker 5: Maybe because you've lived a long and successful life, you get the more magnets.
Speaker 2: If it's just adds up over the decades, right, But yeah, are you right?
Speaker 5: I'm thinking of my grandparents and their fridge head so magic.
Speaker 3: They use the magnets for healing when we're not there. They're placing them on on authoritic joints.
Speaker 2: That's a great one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they've always got like the magnet for the doctor or a trade. I guess it's a good reminder of another thing.
Speaker 5: I always, yeah, I always if I got away overseas, I'll always buy a magnet from my grandparent.
Speaker 2: You're on shaved ground, mother. Do you think they love as a coaster as well?
Speaker 3: Don't you don't put that you don't even think about putting that drink down on bear wood that coaster like they're on you with the coaster.
Speaker 2: OI, thank you very much, you killed mate. Have a good weekend.
Speaker 4: Thank you to sir.
Speaker 2: Now I'm heading the fifty. Is that what you call someone like me, sir? An older person?
Speaker 5: You probably have a pretty sizable magnet collection yourself.
Speaker 2: Nicole Nicole, good morning, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 3: I'm good Nicole, and I hope you're well. And uh, what are you calling it about? Which one?
Speaker 2: School trips?
Speaker 1: I'm calling about school trip? Yes, So we went on school trip and there was a two seater wing thing that sort of went up in the air. There was a person at the bottom, person at the top, and as the person came down from the top, the chair actually spun on an axle. Yep, And I didn't tie my hair up, and as I was the chair was coming down, it started swinging and my hair started raveling and the next thing I know, I'm screaming. So they had to stop it. And as they stopped it, they stopped it as the hair was right against my scalpe.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: And they had to cut it, like, cut me free with scissors. So I walked around the rest of the school camp with a great big bull patch.
Speaker 2: Basically like a month. Yes, Fryer, Oh my god, that sounds agony.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it wasn't fun.
Speaker 5: How long did it take to grow back?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: It took a good twelve months to go back.
Speaker 2: What did you like school photos? You put a little wig on there? Or what do you do?
Speaker 1: Well, Luckily it was kind of mid You.
Speaker 3: Can do a comb over.
Speaker 1: Basically, it was a comb over and a lot of hat and school photos had already been done.
Speaker 2: Nicole, funny story. Have a lovely weekend, you too, Thank you. Matt.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Matt, Good morning, Christian Things old people love My My wife's grandmother was in love with Murder, she wrote, and so much so that she would watch it all day long, and as she her memory faded, she changed channels on Foxtail to the Foxtail Plus two channel, and the same episode was sad again, and she'd go, oh good, this is nice, and she'd rewatch the next.
Speaker 2: Episode of episode. Oh I think I know who the killer is. To put some money on this.
Speaker 4: She loved it so much so that in the end we win. Then finally passed away. A couple of years ago, we played the same music to open.
Speaker 2: Oh, I love that.
Speaker 3: What a great thing to do. She would have loved that. I bet I got a smile at a sad occasion as well. At the funeral, it.
Speaker 4: Did amaze several people laugh and they all clicked on quite quickly as why we were playing.
Speaker 2: It and what it was. Oh that's great, Matt, Thank you very much. You cool. Have a nice weekend. You two Grisson nine four one four one O four three.
Speaker 3: So unusual dates, we haven't had any of those yet. We've got any stories of unusual dates. Things old people love. I'm really enjoying these calls coming through. And also what happened on your school trip?
Speaker 1: Well Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 2: I've just gone down a murder.
Speaker 3: She wrote wormhole Here guest stars when they were very young.
Speaker 2: Joaquin Phoenix, Joaquin Phoenix.
Speaker 3: The joke up was in an episode of Murder she wrote along with a very young Brian Canston, Courtney Cox, George Clooney, Neil Patrick Harris. That's amazing, And then it ran for years and years. All right, we're starting to get the stories of coming through. Then about strange dates, she went on unusual dates. Christian went on a first date and she brought her parents along.
Speaker 5: That's ego.
Speaker 2: It's intense.
Speaker 3: Christian, we were about seventeen, went out on the first date. We got the train to the city to watch a movie. It was a funal since she was lovely, but her sixteen year old brother tagged along with us the whole time. Christian, I had an unusual date one on a date with a twenty five year old man who didn't have his license, so his friend drove him to pick me up.
Speaker 2: All three of us.
Speaker 3: Then went to time Zone and I ended up third wheeling them. Excuse me, madam? All right, unusual dates, things are people love and what happened on your school trip.
Speaker 2: Let's get a Tania here.
Speaker 6: Good morning, Tannia, Good morning, how are you?
Speaker 2: I'm good, Tania?
Speaker 3: So wish you only calling in about an unusual date, unusual date.
Speaker 6: I think my husband's listening to so he doesn't know I've called in. On our first date, he drove me home and learned to see if I was the one. So he wound up the windows, locked them, and then farted.
Speaker 5: And you say, you're still married.
Speaker 6: Ten years later, we're still married.
Speaker 2: That was his litmus test for the one, the one.
Speaker 6: It was quirky and funny. So I was like, well, this is different.
Speaker 2: You remember it. Wow.
Speaker 5: I don't want to say too much because you're married. Yeah, but red flag for me.
Speaker 3: I heard participated and taking your story, China, and I heard her go and you stayed with him. We're not really meant to editor allize on their lives, but on that one, I'm with you, O.
Speaker 2: Mecca.
Speaker 3: Uh, China, that's something else, all right, Chiny, thank you very much for carl. Let's squeeze in Susan before Patsy's news.
Speaker 2: Susan, Hi, how are you? I'm good? An unusual date? What happened? Susan?
Speaker 7: Okay, So my husband's also listening. Like ten years so back in the day when we were on our pay plates and poor people because we do only just started working. My husband had a h Q Holden premier, not a holding a premiere and he needed the the dips the dip switch to make his head his high beams come on and it could be like a little button down near the accelerator.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 7: So we trundle out to lavidon car Wreckers and it was like pick apart, so you had to go out there with your too part. So he picks the part and he goes quick, put it in your pocket and we'll just walk out of here, real casual. So we're just casually walking out and I've got all this buddy high beams switched thing in the pocket and he's just like walking out casually with his tools. So yeah, our first date was like a grand theft audo.
Speaker 5: Really, it's not even just the fact that he wanted to steal. It's like he took you to.
Speaker 2: The car Wreckers like time, and you're still with this.
Speaker 4: Guy thirty years later.
Speaker 2: Red flags had been invented. You didn't know about.
Speaker 1: We didn't know Christian Connell's show podcast