Speaker 1: Question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, welcome friends to The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, don't be dissing it talking goat at hotmail.
Speaker 1: Dot Company's three Gammy I The Christian O'Connell Show Gold one oh four point three? Where's that gammy?
Speaker 4: I there?
Speaker 1: If you should see it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's two lots of antibiotics? Someone now, who lots? But it's much better.
Speaker 1: Happy Monday everyone, Good morning church, Good to see you guys. Come on in, Patsy, Hey, how was everybody's weekend? Do you have good weekend?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Paty, I heard you had those neuron scooters in the news this morning. I've been on the neuron scooters, so maybe I'm one of the hooligans they're talking about. Who is Neuron Neurons the maker of the scooters that was.
Speaker 1: Seving about neuron it's coming to my neurons. Please be careful, just say the scooters. So is that the company?
Speaker 3: That's the company that's the appy touristic?
Speaker 1: Isn't it a neuron? They're controlled by your neurons. You don't need to tell that your neurons guide to buy? What was it like?
Speaker 3: It's actually really good and I'm surprised that they've got people saying that kids are speeding around on them because they've got a locked off mac speed. You can only go twenty kilometers an hour. I felt too slow on it, if anything, but.
Speaker 1: Just because that's the pace that you run your life. You're fast, furious on that thing, you know. So where did you go on it?
Speaker 3: I went down to Saint Kilda Beach, rode it from Port Melbourne to Saint Kilda, and Bianka didn't want to go on one, So then I just had to go on my own and then circle back to her child.
Speaker 1: She she didn't want to go on it. Your ship points out eight months pregnant, No one won, eight months pregnant. Was were traveling at twenty k an hour on a flipping board. She didn't want to go on it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, doing donuts and you've got an ice rob She got an ice cream.
Speaker 4: You get an ice cream on your video.
Speaker 3: And I made a film me going on as well, film running up and.
Speaker 1: Down, humidity in all of it. The sadness, man, you're gonna be a dadding boy's time. Get the sauting system. I guess that's what you're doing, guys. I had that wisdom two thous on Friday.
Speaker 3: How do you feel?
Speaker 1: God, it's just stranger going there, you know. And I don't know when you go to the dentist sometimes whether you always look over that tray of their torture and implements. But normally if you're going for filling or just a check up, they got the old pickie pick thing, that little mouth pick out, and the little mirror and the little mirror seeing me of those see it was like metallic crowbars for your mouth, four steps some other thing that about three different angles on it. I was like, what's it going to do? Break my head in half and rip it out three different local anesthetics, and then they yank. It's this fifteen minutes of yanking. Then some strange drill went in, like a plane or something. That's what one boy was like, what oh? And then it's the drawling for hours afterwards, and the puffy cheek as well. I'll tell you one thing though. He gave me a prescription for cody. Yep, you ever had that before?
Speaker 3: I've had I've had something similar when I had the nose. When they went in, tell you where you gotta be.
Speaker 1: No one of that stuff is addictive, he said, to me, just take three and then don't take any more. Now I know why he wore me. The first one I had Friday night, right so I couldn't drink obviously, and so I had one. And that I was like in this blissful Staine the kids. It's in a good mood.
Speaker 3: It makes you warm, and.
Speaker 1: Dad is so high right now, I think I've wet myself. I love it. I actually thought this is how I meant to be. Imagine if I pot one of these, or course before the radio show we're going to take over Joe Rogan next Saturday morning work, I need to bin these. Yeah you too, seriously, that is I'm the next Matthew Perry. I was looking at photos of him now going I don't want us to have a reunion twenty years from now. People go, what happened to christ It was all right to the had that wisd.
Speaker 3: To and it was never the discovered code.
Speaker 2: In the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: On Friday show, We're about to mark your at work time wasters, which if you don't normally hear what happens in the last half hour of the show, our time wasster is something we do every day we give you a new one every single day you send them in. Jack marks them and we award gold, silver bronzes. However, last half out of the show on Friday, somewhent wrong with the text machine. It just sort of had a meltdown, and so everyone who's sent them in, which is a couple of hundred people, felt bad. So I said, we marked them now. So for the first time ever, we're marking Fridays at work time waster, which was with the start of the Winter Olympics, which we should just say Australia's had a big weekend. You want two medals?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and two medals puts us in the sixth place already on the overall tealing.
Speaker 1: I'm live at the middle table right now. Norway is on top with three medals. Australia's doing very well six ways with two medals. New Zealand is in ninth place. UK nowhere near that medal table and not great at the Winter Olympics. All right. So on Friday, the time waster was Winter Olympic Movies. Jack, are you ready, Tomark, Let's go How to lose a medal in ten days?
Speaker 3: Silver mol on luge gold.
Speaker 1: That's very good. One on Tony con Ariel Gold Beauty and the Skeet Gold. I'm a Sledden Gold, both of those from Peter well done, Peter broke back, Moguls Silver, the Greatest Snowman Gold, curl interrupted. Damn, I was trying to think of a curling on Friday. That's a good one.
Speaker 3: Silver plus.
Speaker 1: I didn't like it might but I liked it. Look Who's curling Gold, Sharpie World done, Blizzard of Oz Silver, How to lose You are in ten days Gold, forty first skates Silver you me and.
Speaker 3: Brabrie Gold plus.
Speaker 1: That is very good. Gorillas will demissed Bronze, the Mogulator Bronze we brought to lose Gold, Go to end on a goal.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: This is huge, Guys, neighbors after forty years is being axed. Now. This won't be that big news here, but in the UK where it's watched by a daily audits or it used to be to a couple of years ago of five million people before the internet. Stuff on that For a lot of people in the UK, myself included. It was our first real what we thought Australia was done. It was a window on Australia, the Sunny country, the sunny people, all the goings on. So this is hues that neighbors is ending. After forty years, it would be no more.
Speaker 3: And it's because the UK has decided to anymore.
Speaker 1: It's streaming And Joe Rogan I didn't make a compilation turned that. He's used the other end word, which his nameless. He's had a pop at it. Jack, how was your weekend? What did he get up to.
Speaker 3: Oh, I've got a great recommendation for both of you. Actually, it's sometimes amazing me the things that are right here in the city that we don't know about. But did you know from Saint Kilda to Port Melbourne there's a one to one billion scale model of our solar system?
Speaker 1: What do you mean?
Speaker 3: Five point nine kilometers from Saint Kilda Marina near Lunar Park down to Port Melbourne you can see the Sun all the way through the planets until Pluto at the end. So you walk up to a scale model, you might have seen the Sun because you're down that way.
Speaker 1: I've seen the big thing by now I know it's the Sun. I didn't know what it was. It was a sculpture, just like a big bat. It's like a ride that broken and become dis lost from Luna Park, like some keyboard bearing from the Roda coast.
Speaker 3: So the Sun's obviously the biggest one because they're all to scale. So the Sun is a big broad scale, but obviously not it's not a one to one scale.
Speaker 1: But like you said, it's just scale because you wouldn't just sit on the foreshore.
Speaker 3: You go up to it and then if you bothered to read the plaque, you'll see this is the Melbourne Solar System Trail and this is the Sun. And if you go one hundred meters you'll run into Mercury, one hundred meters from that you'll run into Venus, so on. So forward the cool thing.
Speaker 1: So you obviously did the walk.
Speaker 3: We did the walk. How far is it? How tricksy? That's the thing. It's almost six kilometers long because the first few planets are really close, Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, you can see him all the next one hundred meters away. Then you start getting to Jupiter and he's like another two kilometers away. You get to Neptune, he's like five kilometers.
Speaker 1: So do you do it over the weekend?
Speaker 3: We did that We did it yesterday, beautiful.
Speaker 1: Day, but hot, and your wife is a month from given birth.
Speaker 3: That's right, she's thirty six weeks pregnant, so she's trying to try her best. Actually she did a great job. We would have gone four and a half k's but we decided not to go to Pluto because it was just that little bit too far, probably another kilometer and a half.
Speaker 1: Well, then she could have given birth. You have to call your son Pluto.
Speaker 3: And also Pluto has been now dismissed as one of the planets. He's a dwarf planet, so they probably should remove his sculpture from the shn't just finish it up at neptub But worth doing, definitely worth doing. You learned so much about the planets, what do you know? Get this? Venus has longer days than it has years, so it takes longer for it to rotate one day two hundred and forty odd days than it does to take to go around the Sun and two undred and twenty days.
Speaker 1: Now, that is interesting.
Speaker 3: Why is that great question? Great question? I don't know.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 1: You were read on Chili Peppers Fan. Yeah, of course, yeah, over the weekend. I was listening to some new music and I found out that he got a new song out. And as I'm listening to some thinking, why the hell is Anthony Keidis singing in an Irish accent? It isn't list it a new one? Black Summer. I mean that's right away. It's a Chili Peppers title. Isn't it black Summer? Because guys, those come heres, it has been a black summer Irish accent Anthony kis text war. If you do sink into it a lazy renews of normal, then it gets more.
Speaker 2: Guys. Refuse to cry.
Speaker 3: Cremation, take said peace of your supplies.
Speaker 1: She's starting to get Irish. Now the night is dress slag. Now a say lucifu to sorry California Green. AnyWho, let's get into the mashups. So we call it on Monday. They call the Monday mash Ups. Thank you very much to everyone who sends them in. Two very very different songs mashed to get to create a brand new one. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. Best one from the last time we did this was Wam Wake me Up before you go go. You take Wham and you take some panic at the disco I write sins, not tragedies. People ever heard of? Put them together? You get this, let's don't work, heard up, closing, tamped up. It's much better to face these kinds of all right. So that's the mashups, brand new ones. Gregg in Wearabe Centers. This one's celebration, great song, Call on the Gang. All right. So you've got celebration Call on the Gang and quiet Riot Metal Health, and you get celebrate banging your head your favorite. This is very good. I want to hear more of that one. That's a great one. Well done, Greg, you're warriby. Thanks for that. Phoebe Africa Toto All Star by smash Mouse. Somebody what told me the world is going to roll me the shop? Put them together? You've got hey, now you're in Africa, somebody wan, this ain't great?
Speaker 3: Is too terrific?
Speaker 1: Listen? Insult to both of them. Sorry, Phoebe notes, Sarah's got this one. Hotel California by the Eagles. Sorry, Hotel California by the Eagles, Welcome and the medal Chili Peppers was irish. Put them together. You've got Hotel Fornication. Yeah, kind of works. That's good. Last one, this one then Stephen, you've got all of for Christmas? Is you buy Mariah Carey and then fan favor with Patty Cranked out by Soldier Boy. She who loves this song. She's always walking around and and going crankcas Soldier by told you Boy.
Speaker 2: By me Crag you Wire.
Speaker 1: She loves her thumb. Soja Bai put them together. There's no way this is good. Crank that Christmas by Meg.
Speaker 6: You are.
Speaker 1: This superman, beautiful beautiful man. Stop the right down you want to get off?
Speaker 2: No, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Now that the kids are about to school means that every mom and dad has the unique hell of dragging their kids out of bed at the weekend on a Saturday for Saturday Sports. So my wife and I had two daughters, fifteen year old seventeen year old. My wife decided that she would take the easy option. The seventeen year old, she's okay getting out of bed early in the morning on Saturday. She's decided to after last year rowing Jimber when I was twice a week before that before even get into a dropping off at five am for training.
Speaker 3: Enormous effort. And she's in the middle of winter. Yeah, pouring rain.
Speaker 1: Out on a lake. Right. She's now retired as a hour and she decided to pick another really intense sport. She went for lawn bowls because she's seventeen going on seventeen. So she had a big old lawn bowls showdown against her two other schools of the weekend and she actually she actually won. My wife de said that I would take Lois, our fifteen year old, and this is where the trouble was going, right, We made a deal on Friday. I said to her, Hey, listen, you know it doesn't need to be doesn't need to be bad, does it? Tomorrow morning? It can be easy, all right, I said, tell you what. I will go and get a coffee in your favorite muffin. I'll bring up to your bench and want to wake me up. So that's a ready there. Then I'll let you fifteen minutes to get ready. I said. Afterwards, I know a favorite thing to do is go to Maccas when once you're done, you've got a treat. Afterwards, we'll go to Maccas. She's like, okay, fast forward to I get the muffin, I get the coffee.
Speaker 3: I'm going out. Oh, don't forget about.
Speaker 1: Then I start doing the dad thing and I open up the blinds, doing this move beauty, another great dawn. Oh my god, that's too rise, too right. It's not a vampire anyway. She comes down and she says straight away, she's this pissy and I said, listen, you're going to need a cap. It's really not up there. No, I said, you have to wear a cap. I said, you know you're playing tennis. The sun could be in your eyes. Daring I had a cap. I said, please, can we just take the cap? Then it was like what she needed to take bottle of water. Said you have to take water. Now the squares did that went, it's not sore to hydrate you playing for two hours.
Speaker 3: I remember that from high school. Only nerds drank water.
Speaker 1: Come on in the world, Hi, we're getting the car. Frosty awkward silence. Right as we pull up at Albert Park, I go, listen, I'm gonna hang around rather than go home and get you, I'm gonna wander around. Albert Part's got so many lovely trees I've never seen before. She goes, right, okay, please don't come anywhere near the tennis court. So obviously after an hour. Right, I creep around the back. There's some trees and a couple of hedges, and I'm watching her. She's actually doing really well. So we'll get my phone out, right, I start to film it, just show her later going you're doing really well. After out two minutes of secretly filming my daughter from half behind a tree, whatever, friends looks around and goes goes, oh, hi, Christian Lois is over there. Ah, oh that's not that's not Lois. I delete the video. Delete that. I think, what if something happened to me, like a car crashing away home my family? So I was going to the phone going look behind a tree. We never really knew him?
Speaker 3: How about are those eyes getting terrible?
Speaker 1: Jack? I remember a couple of years ago on sports, Right, I got there and I was giving the double thumbs up, So I thought was lowess. Sarah goes, that's the new girl my leave from Taiwan. All right, I sworn gonna sworn that was Lowis.
Speaker 2: You're listening to the question, you know, Carl's Show podcast.
Speaker 1: So this is going to be Jack's last week working with me and Patsy in the studio. Then he's gonna be doing the show from home because you want to isolate on you and your wife getting COVID before she gives birth in what four weeks roughly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, roughly the start of March. March four is his due date, so somewhere around there. So I'll do this week in here, then I'll do it from home. And I'm actually feeling much more confident about the actual labor now because I've been giving me.
Speaker 1: Because you don't have to do anything. I mean, yeah, I was, you know, walk of the town because I didn't have to push person out. My I didn't have to push a person out.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm looking forward to he's confident.
Speaker 1: Hey, ladies, don't worry. The guy's got this. I'm actually really relaxed about it.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you should be, because sit the ure citnature. Sit this one out. Guy.
Speaker 3: I'm excited for the challenge for both of us. And obviously she's got a different challenge to what I have. But I've been given my.
Speaker 1: Two different challenge. Right down a piece of paper in a thousand words, What is your challenge? What snacks to have? What will your story be told?
Speaker 3: These are my jobs during the labor. Remind beanchor to breathe and set the vibe.
Speaker 1: In or need that post it note, don't we breathe?
Speaker 3: Yeah, set the vibe in the room, and protect the vibe of the room. And I'm your master general, Yes I am.
Speaker 1: Good luck, Brianka. The vibe master is Jack.
Speaker 3: Wait till she walks into this oasis.
Speaker 1: I am going to walk into What's what's going to what's she going to see?
Speaker 3: You'll think of the most meditative state you've ever been in, like Barley Retreat style. She's going to walk in there.
Speaker 1: Get a horrible tattoo, get her hair braided.
Speaker 3: It's it's going to be calm music. Everything's going to be at this level, soft music. Lights right down. Over the weekend, I went and picked up fairy lights hand. Yeah, so I'm going to string them up around the room.
Speaker 1: Actually were nice, creating a different kind of viber.
Speaker 3: She's going to be so blissful in there.
Speaker 1: She's just going to slide out.
Speaker 3: She won't even feel the pace.
Speaker 1: I didn't realize he came out another human slinky like Jack just slimped out of there.
Speaker 3: And then the piece the resistance is the playlist that I'm creating. Every day, I'm adding a new song at this level.
Speaker 1: To be screaming behind this here, you're not here on Vibe Master General Jack bostwatch.
Speaker 3: He loved every last week when I said that Jack Johnson was going to be on the playlist.
Speaker 1: If it's guitar backers.
Speaker 3: If anything, Jack Johnson's too upbeat for her playlist.
Speaker 1: Said, no one died it down Jack Johnson. If I heard even a cafe playing this, I'm walking the other way. So this is on the plainlist.
Speaker 3: But that's on the playlist, but I might skip it if it's too if that's too much, because I'm going really I want to really bring it down.
Speaker 1: Perhaps you laughing this because I had all this stuff made the playlist, got all the sense there went on a lot of ACTI pressure calls for a day.
Speaker 3: I'm actually I was planning to ask you about I said.
Speaker 1: Don't bother. They don't want they didn't want you anywhere near them. They're screaming. They're in so much pain, aren't you batsy?
Speaker 4: Well see, I didn't labor. I just had a straight out caesar. So I cut to the chase a salad for all that white tell me, is she.
Speaker 3: Let's go ahead?
Speaker 4: Is she having any say in what music or have you got total like control.
Speaker 1: In the room as well. He ain't getting anyone motivated.
Speaker 3: I love lou Reed, but she's had to the playlist as well, so she's on board with the softness, the soft vibes, and I just have to wire these songs are playing.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I'll be reminding her kids coming out to this kids. What's the other side of this with this kind of music?
Speaker 3: Breeds to free out two three four.
Speaker 1: I'm getting irritated now, pushing her very.
Speaker 5: Relaxed, relax right now, I mean trigger.
Speaker 4: That's cute.
Speaker 1: It feels like it's a nineties indie movie donated by Noah poneback.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is our birth in sweet By.
Speaker 7: Movie?
Speaker 1: Is he? I didn't even know.
Speaker 3: You'll be taking these words back, king.
Speaker 1: These songs back.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Talking about a playlist that Jack Post has put together for his wife to give birth to in the maternity ward someone else. I'm thinking about it matching pantsy right, you know, with the other people on that ward, and suddenly some hipster rocks up with exactly is that those people? No one just giving birth to this?
Speaker 3: I'm building a calm environment.
Speaker 1: What happens when a lady has to give birth, the effort involved and pushing.
Speaker 3: This isn't look you might want to play lose yourself by M and M or the pretender by free priders late. I am bringing the calm, bringing.
Speaker 1: A vibe two days so she can.
Speaker 3: Take a time, breathe through it, have an easy birth.
Speaker 1: This is beautiful, is every Indian. It's instrumentals. We can make her own lyrics up to it by coming out. I've got you a tying jack, Jacky Jack.
Speaker 3: You would be envious of the environment I'm building in that birthing.
Speaker 1: Sweet, Have you got snack sword out? Yes?
Speaker 3: I bought a thirty two pack of cliff Barks dirty ooh.
Speaker 1: Can have some dryal trail MIXX to go with these thirty too? You going young, pingy, you and hiking?
Speaker 3: I bought the whole box.
Speaker 1: Cliff she's anything else dryer? How about that little packet you get with a new pair of trainers. Could I eat one of those clip bar sticky and tryal cliff it for snacks?
Speaker 3: I got killer pythons as well for a sugar boots. I haven't finished making the snacks as well, so I.
Speaker 1: Haven't started, which turns like you got just a cheap deal at Costco? What are you thirty two of those?
Speaker 3: I'll be adding to that over the next four weeks, like I'll be adding to the songs. More songs decay by.
Speaker 1: Me, tod. But you some man wants to have a word who has actually given birth rather than guy who's just read some articles about it.
Speaker 3: Smell. You've actually been very helpful because you gave birth a year ago, so all your tips so far have been good. Would you give birth to these songs?
Speaker 1: I'd murder you to those songs.
Speaker 3: I can't believe this?
Speaker 7: Why I don't know it?
Speaker 4: Just like the visceral anger I felt hearing each of those songs thinking about giving birth?
Speaker 3: Was this us?
Speaker 1: Why visceral anger?
Speaker 3: I am creating an oasis for you to be so calm in a meditative state.
Speaker 4: I would be repurposing those fairy lights to do a murder.
Speaker 1: See, we don't know what it's like as guys, right, they're going through a lot. This isn't How have you heard what a birth? And sweet sounds like kid's guttural primal.
Speaker 3: Bur Yes, But if I turn up the I speak loud enough or we'll hear.
Speaker 1: I got horrible feeling. You're bringing your guitar with you.
Speaker 3: I didn't think of that, but that's a.
Speaker 1: Ladies cooling. Now did you create a playlist? Did it help? And what kind of songs were on there? Did you have anything like this birth and playlist? Side questions Cliff Bars? Did you have an abundance of Cliff Bars?
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Imagine you're in Byron Bay, right. You've seen this guy up there. He's doing henna tattoos. He's got the little kind of Wi Fi speaker. He's the guy who plays music like this. You know, this is one of the songs that Jack's put together for his wife to give birth to in the count of week's time.
Speaker 3: Byron Bay is actually the energy that I'm going for in the room. Bring that, bring that so relaxed sanctuary into the birthing sweet.
Speaker 1: Are you right? If you're building a sparges might happen, but a lady is going to give birth? Yes, and all the effort and pain and joy that that involves. What is round You.
Speaker 3: Can't You can't really be in pain and listen to the song at the same time.
Speaker 8: I can.
Speaker 1: I disagree. Actually, perhaps that you've got a song for Jackie boys playlist.
Speaker 4: Anything, Anya, but particularly this one.
Speaker 3: Feel the pos a bit too upfde If anything, my body was too passed.
Speaker 1: Sorry, what's what's happening now? Into some sort of beds on the story.
Speaker 4: Your body is a When I was pregnant Jack, I used to get in the bath for hours and listen to Enya. It was gorgeous, light the candles.
Speaker 3: I do like Enya, but I'll choose one of the slower ones.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I've often thought, oh, this is his motorhead, which isn't taking down a bit. Let's go to the lines, Elizabeth, Good morning, morning Elizabeth. So Jack's playlist, what do you think, Lizzie.
Speaker 7: To be honest, I was dirty on my husband for anything that they played. They had supermarket music playing in the delivery suite that was back in New Zealand, and I was filthy on him for getting me pregnant in the first date. We wanted to be pregnant, but when I gave birth, I gave birth to it. I even pound free girls my wow, literally literally, and I said to my husband every time he touched me, I was like, don't look at me, don't catch me.
Speaker 1: This is this is my experience. Sarah was like they were going to the babies coming now. At any moment, Sarah was going to be I'm sucking her back in.
Speaker 3: I'm sucking.
Speaker 1: I think that think you can stay in there, there's got to come out. She was in so much pain, like you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, there was no sucking. It was like pushing out of Saint Bernard.
Speaker 1: I never heard that phrase. I've heard bowling ball water, never a Bernard. Hello.
Speaker 7: When she came out, all other mothers were walking like really nicely, and I was walking like I've been in a Weston for three days.
Speaker 3: Bernard, Elizabeth, do you think if you had calmer music in there you would have had a better time of it?
Speaker 8: No, No, it.
Speaker 7: Wasn't interested in wasn't interested in snacks. All I wanted to hear was the sign that would say get this thing out faster. I said, I'm never doing this again. And then thirteen months later I gave there to a boy at ten pound eight and if he had gone full term, he would have been thirteen pounds.
Speaker 1: That is incredible. Lizbeth, thank you very much to give us a call by. Have a good week, Richard, good morning. Yes, Hillo, Christian, I'm good Richard, I have you a good weekend. So did you make your playlist for your wife?
Speaker 8: Yeah? Well we had a it's a long time ago now, twenty five years ago, my youngest daughter.
Speaker 1: We had Buick.
Speaker 7: Oh so quiet come on just as she was given birth.
Speaker 1: Absolute classic, great timing, great time and it also quiet in.
Speaker 2: There it Yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Built up and.
Speaker 8: The timing was perfict absolutely perfect.
Speaker 3: I think we need to add that to the playlist because that is as well sooner did were all your songs on the playlist like this, Richard?
Speaker 8: We just had the Buick CD or I'm afraid back in the days when the CDs were played and we we.
Speaker 6: Could bring your own CDs.
Speaker 1: In CD A long time baby.
Speaker 2: Innocent Charm Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 1: Big News over the weekend. Neighbors is to be axed. Forty years that TV show has been running. I did not know that. I remember watching it as a kid when it first launched, massively popular in the UK, and thanks to the popularity in the UK is why it's had a forty year rum. But now obviously with streaming, there aren't so many people watching it, so the channel in the United Kingdom that have had it for years. They're dropping it, which sadly will mean it's time for But what a show. Everybody needs good name, Jack, and I say proper theme tune as well. It used to be an art form, the good TV theme tune for many of us in the UK, before the Internet and stuff like that. It was a window on what life was like here in Australia. And I know so many English friends who've come to Australia on holiday, who come to Melbourne for one reason, to go and do the tour.
Speaker 3: You did that to it, didn't you.
Speaker 1: I've never done it.
Speaker 3: You've known to do it before. It's did you know what we should?
Speaker 1: We should all do it. We should do a show tour. We should hire a bus and go on it. I reckon it will this decision will cost actually the Melbourne economy. So many people go and see that set there. It is in the end of an institution. I grew up watching it. I mean you must have watched it, Patsy in the eighties when it started.
Speaker 4: Even before I got into Home and Away, I was neighbors all the way. First off, it was just it was cult. It had a cult following when we were kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did you watch Scotland Charline's wedding?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, it's my all time favorite episode. And every time I hear Angry Anderson's suddenly song, oh, it takes me back to the dress, the gypsophilia in the hair, the spiral perm the mullets. It was fantastic. It's something like two million viewers or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, two million, hare twenty million, right said the quick Look. Twenty million watched it in the UK's ridiculous. How big it used to be. It used to get a daily audience in the UK up until about two years ago, five million a day in the UK. It's still it was huge.
Speaker 3: That it was probably the most watched austrain and TV show if that was the case, because you would never get five million viewers for anything. The Grand Final doesn't even get five million viewers.
Speaker 1: And it's amazing in its forty year run as well. How many now very very big stars opened obviously.
Speaker 3: Guy Piers, Yep, Margo, Robbie, Kylie, Liam, Hem's word al Pacino, I missed that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, al Pacino, Robert Jiro, Yeah, loads of big stars in there. So many people will have a connection to neighbors because obviously it's been made here. When I was lucky enough to get a came on it about two years ago, I went out to the set.
Speaker 3: They that was the start of the decline for me.
Speaker 1: I think that they looked at that and thought it's probably not going to get better than this guy playing a character. I'm surprised I haven't asked me to bring back of Englishmen at a wedding fair. Hey, neighbors, happy to be there in the last episode, how are they going to end it?
Speaker 3: Yes, great question.
Speaker 1: I think that should bring you back Englishman at the wedding fair. It's a bat the last thirty seconds they brought him back. Anyway, while I'm out there out at non and Onaden weare the set is right the Watering Hule and Ramsey Street. They've also got the original cell blockade, which is a listed building now it's been deemed of historical significance to Australia. I think that'll be a lot with the original set for Ramsey's London becoming that. Anyway, this morning, some of you may have been in it, may have worked out there. What is your connection to neighbors?
Speaker 2: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: After forty years, forty years TV show, neighbors, it's going to be asked the UK are dropping it. We all know some of the big moments. Obviously you got Scott and Charlene's wedding for me. When Tody stopped having his munet in nineteen ninety nine, it was a lambmark moment in pop culture. Guys, it was big. No, Tony, don't turn you back on that munet, my friend. All right, so we're asking you this morning on ninety four one four one o four to three, what is your neighbour's connection.
Speaker 3: I had a friend who I played basketball with. His older brother was in the show for three months. He played Luka Duckitch, whose character was setting fires at the school and had a relationship with his half sister Serena.
Speaker 1: Do you know what, I'd love to find a list of some of the amazing story lines, because if you ever showed forty years, they're going to recycle and do so many strange story I remember, I'm pretty sure there was a tornado in one episode. There was I'm pretty sure there was a tornado as well. You've got a list of some of the famous people then who have actually been in it?
Speaker 3: These are cameos, so people have gone on to play themselves. Shane Warn, Russell Brand last year, Yeah, Andre Riu, Michael Wow from two thousand and nine, can't remember that episode? I know if you played the violin or not? Michael Parkinson, Paul or Abdul and.
Speaker 1: Hang on slow down. First of all, the King of the Chat shows parking, but then Paul Abdoll's been in it cameo.
Speaker 3: In twenty fourteen and in twenty nineteen. Hanson went on as themselves.
Speaker 1: In twenty nineteen. Whether they're no much the down the downslope by that faint mountain, aren't they? All right, let's go to lines. Then we're asking this morning, what is your neighbour's connection? My good morning, good morning.
Speaker 6: Look you're talking about all of those famous people who really really do not have a patch on me. I was I was an extra sitting behind s Mangle at Scott and Charline's wedding, the actual wedding.
Speaker 1: Oh my, this isz Yeah?
Speaker 6: Well was it though?
Speaker 1: You moment over twenty million in the UK two million here and behind all the legends of it, missus mangl as well, how come you got to be in that scene.
Speaker 6: Well, I basically I was an extra. I was like the you know, the filler in the background, the spack filler and you know that fill up the background. So I I just I just joined my my agent, and I got this gig to turn up at this random wedding in neighbors. And little did I know that every every twelve months or so there'd be a big special on the TV about Scott and Charline's wedding. And I was never invited to be part of it because that was just that was just an extra in the background.
Speaker 3: See myself, Nick, We'll see you if we pulled up the episode.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah, every time you were every time you see missus mangel, I'm there, the one trying to look around her stupid hat that she trying to look in for it.
Speaker 1: And how are you dressed? Are you in a suit?
Speaker 6: No? No, I just threw something on from water. I think I think it was just a shirt. Just yeah. I wasn't dressed up at all. Like I'm not related to anyone in the singer I'd like this. I think it was about five of us that just kind of like showed up, thinking what are we doing? Here and yeah, just like any other wedding really, but it was incredible.
Speaker 1: And were you invited back to do any more sort of background work?
Speaker 6: Well, I did a few background things, but then later on I actually was a way to call Calvin Stubbs, who was a background person again who accidentally got a who accidentally got a twelve week role on there because I didn't realize it was an ongoing character. So yeah, so I did an extra extra parts as a waiter. And then next my agents were saying, oh, it's actually a role and we had no one had a clue, and yeah, so I was a bumbling waiter who went up with Melanie. I'm a Melanie of the one with a horrible, horrible laugh pers listened to Cowden. But yeah, and then I I two times her with the Blakely Twins.
Speaker 3: Stubbs got up to twelve hours.
Speaker 1: They need to bring the Stubbs you back. We're going to start the petition right now.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, yes, that was my time to fame.
Speaker 1: Yes, thank you so much you, cal We send your prize mate. Thanks for calling in. Let's go to Amanda. Come morning, Amanda. What's your neighbour's connection?
Speaker 9: Hi, Christian, I did work experience on Neighbors when I was about fourteen or fifteen years old.
Speaker 1: That is brilliant. What a great place did it? Work experience?
Speaker 9: It wasn't. I was so annoyed. I wanted to be a news producer and I wanted to be in the news room, but they suckt me on Neighbors instead.
Speaker 1: It was horrible And what work sperce did you have to do? There? Were you like printing off the scripts or no.
Speaker 9: I did hold a script once, actually, but no, I was holding a lot of coffee and glasses of water. That's about big. The highlight of my time though, was that I did get to meet Scott and Charlayne, but didn't know who they were at the time, but I didn't really care. But I think Stephen Dennis says his name. I don't even watch Neighbors. I'm so embarrassed. But Stephen Dennis took me under his wing and introduce him. Everybody took me around the studio, put me in the green room.
Speaker 8: So yeah, it was it was.
Speaker 9: I did learn a few things, but I didn't know anyone. It was at the very start, like really early on in Neighbors. It must have been writing only.
Speaker 6: About two years it would have been.
Speaker 1: And tell me this amounta did you get to go and become a news producer?
Speaker 9: No, I'm a university lecturer.
Speaker 1: That's amazing. Yeah, it's incredible. I blame Neighbors. They corrupted you at an early age. Alight, Amanda, thank you very much. You cool. Ye're welcome. Thanks, Christian, Jenny, good morning.
Speaker 8: I've been talking about all those wonderful plot lines. My father was the head storyliner on Neighbors.
Speaker 3: You're kidding?
Speaker 2: Ye?
Speaker 1: Who's your dad?
Speaker 8: His name's Ray Collie kobl E. He also was on the team that discovered Carlie Mnight. He was one of the ones who said she's young, she's she's green, but she's going to be an absolute superstar in.
Speaker 1: A why to Spot you know that sort of you know, burgeoning talent and Kinnie.
Speaker 8: Yep, for sure. So he worked on it for about ten years. I went from there to Home and Away. So I always say that.
Speaker 1: Maybe he changed right to us to do like six months gardeningly still the Home and Away rape. That's amazing.
Speaker 3: Sea.
Speaker 1: Did you go down to the set quite a bit and see does work? Yeah?
Speaker 8: Occasionally we did. Yes, we went around to peinnight Court and hung out. It was very cool. Yeah, it was great. As a teenager, I used to get paid by other kids at school to sneak plot lines of what was coming up in the future. I was TV week.
Speaker 1: Insider in the playground.
Speaker 4: That was me.
Speaker 1: And do you remember some of your dad's big storylines, because he must have written some of the big episodes because that was when it was like at his peak.
Speaker 8: Well, he did all the story like he was the head of the storyline team, so they all came from their Monday meetings. But specifically, I guess, as you've said, the wedding was the big one. Look, I can't remember. It's so long from me. I was just a teenager, but it was great. Well, we loved it. We're still very proud of him. He's got his own website, but everything he's done and he's a real star of Austrange TV.
Speaker 1: To me, do you remember and one of the first first time I saw Helen daniels funeral, I remember crying so much that ray must have been about across that one as well.
Speaker 8: Yep, definitely, yep.
Speaker 1: I'm going to check out his website all right, Sheny, Thank you very much.
Speaker 8: Thank you, Thank you bye.
Speaker 2: You're listening to the Christian o'carl Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Time for this week's miss head lyrics. You said in miss her lyrics. We play them back every Monday. Whenever you hear them, you can email me twenty four to seven Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au. It's just so Christian O'Connell's miss hurd lyrics as we're playing the back. If you hear this, we agree with what you think you miss hearing. If this no way, you're on your own. And for the great Ones. Hall of Fame last week, Hall of Famer for Brendan Thurling, for Destiny's Child, independent woman, the shoes on my feet, I brought them the clothes I'm wearing. I brought them the shoes or is it the shoes on my feet? I farted the clothes I'm wearing. I farted the shoes, Hall of Famer. That's the kind of stuff we're looking forward to get into the coveted Hall of Fame, highbrow stuff, guys, Renne Christian the team. Last week you played a misshard lyric. It sounds like Destiny's Child. Girls would admit it too. Farting but I think they might be celebrating ASH party. All right, so we're going back into Destiny's Child, the Shoes on my feet ash Party, the I'm wearing ash party. No no, no, no, a wild miss. They're farting. I'm sorry, Renee. Jenny senters this dance monkey by Tones and I and now I beg to see you dance just one more time. You put this on your birthy plane way too.
Speaker 2: You just one by.
Speaker 1: Jenny's hearing it is now I beg to see your dentures one more time. You just totally. She wants to see the dentures one more time. You ds just one more come on in with Destiny's Child farting Hall of Favor. Well done, Jenny, David Barlow Christian. I don't know if you accept commercials for the Miss Murdlock, but I have one from a nineteen five Alan Matt's Holden jingle, don't lose your shirt, don't miss your chance. You hear this. I don't know how to say the words, what is it? Don't lose your shirt, don't pee your pants. It is there, It is there. I mean, all I'm saying is nineteen eighty five guys, Okay, but yes, it's there, Adrian and the Eagles, Desperado. You've been riding out fences for so long now, you've been a Red fan for so long now, Adrian, though he's hearing it as you've been outright offensive for so long now, you've been a Red f.
Speaker 3: It's just.
Speaker 1: I did you beer out read fair?
Speaker 3: There's no for all that now, what was it missing?
Speaker 1: Sammy? We're after the musicals, guys, you want me to go to the musicals? Yes, one of my favorite Beauty and the Beast be our guest, Sammy has got this one. With your meal, with your ease. Yes, indeed we aim to please all. According to Sammy, it's lick your beer, lick your ears. Yes, indeed we ate the police. Wow, it is mick your beer, lick your ears. Yes, indeed we ate the police. Yes, very good, Sammy. You know it's by the way, our little friends in the studio here Rio. He's from the top end of town, do you seem do you see him? He started to sort of sway to that. He loves a show tuner. Mommy and Daddy take you on a break. One last one from Andreas and Raphael Christian. We were listening to Metallica's Master of Puppets album over the weekend. Same here, and one of those songs could have been in the Lord of Rings soundtrack Metallica from the song the Thing should not be Immortal such a Metallica line immortal, that's enough of it? Or from Andre's and Raphael immordre Yes, no world aunt jem all right, that's this week's misshard Lewis if you have any Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Over the weekend. Right, my wife went to the supermarket. She calls me and goes, I can hear noise in the background. I'm like, God, what is it? She goes, I need you to get to this address right now. I w why she goes, I'm looking around the house. It's for sale and we haven't even we're moving.
Speaker 3: You only just moved in a year, two years.
Speaker 1: I said, we haven't talked about no business looking at house. Why do we want that stress? I went no, because she was like, obviously people are going around though as an open house, you need to get around here right now. Also, I really like it. I think you're gonna like it. Have you got a gold T shirt you can wear to intimidate peace. I'm not. I can't turn up and I don't have any stuff anyway, Why would I? Why would I have a gold tishirt? Won't name on the back, right, But they're gonna think, does he that is that? How he is at the weekend? Is walking around going yeah, that's right, you guess yep, look again it is. It's the Golden Pony.
Speaker 3: But if also, if I'm walking through a new house that I really love, I'm not turning to my partner and going, let's not even be Christians here, and he's wearing his.
Speaker 1: Gold shirt that you know it's probably a billionaire. I mean, what's on four or five billion a show? You know. We get there and as I'm walking in, Sarah's walking past me at speed. She goes, I hate it. I'm just I've got a gold T shirt on. Somebody don't like about tiny oven. You can get a new oment, so she goes, She goes, You'll have to walk around otherwise it looks a bit rude. They just waste twenty minutes looking around. There must have been like I don't know, if be refinders if you are looking for house right now. It's like a feeding frenzy day. You've been to one of those open houses.
Speaker 3: Oh, they're crazy.
Speaker 1: People are really rude, Like people sort of get in front of you to see a room before you do, and it's like we're not bidding for it now, we're just having a look round.
Speaker 3: It reads a threshold. I think of a number of people in the house where all etiquette goes out the window, where you know, you just start shuffling past people to move into roots.
Speaker 1: We're just so crazy there.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 1: Today, The Time waits sir. We're looking for your dental movies. My final wisdom to that on Friday, just a Friday thing I do for fun dental movies. Oh, this one's set in space.
Speaker 3: Oh Cavity Silver plus.
Speaker 1: Meet the Flossers Gold. Oh you must floss men who stare at throats gold trilling this daisy Silver Been and Ted a gett a bit older now, aren't they Yeah they are, Yes, they are yes. Been in Ted's excellent Dentures.
Speaker 3: Bronze that Deserver.
Speaker 1: I thought Tarantino's got a dental movie, you know. Yeah, Jackie Crown, Jackie Crow, thank you all right, Jackie boy, what have you got dental movies?
Speaker 3: Gum and gummer?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, basic, Functional, Bronze.
Speaker 3: Pluck Nado, Gold, Horrible flosss Silver, teenage mutant ginger vitis.
Speaker 1: What you're just crow bar? Last week with the jack crowbar, you just dumping ginger of itis. Shendler's ginger of itis.
Speaker 3: Is very subtle crow barring if it is a crow bar? Once more, teenage ginger vitus.
Speaker 1: For the audacity Gold, I'll take it all right. Uh, the text machine is broken again, down again. Tomy producer came in, did you use your some bad news? The text machines are down? And then he went did you hear him? Do this one? It's even affecting ABC? Oh oh oh really, how are they going to get all those cookery recipes today? Oh? Spare of thought, light candle? Oh poor ABC. I won't moan at all that the fact we can't even receive a text to a big station on this So send yours in because we've got great prices. The pera tickers go see Crowded House live at Sydney. My music, Well, you called us in for the first time ever on the time.
Speaker 3: It'll be great you'll put more pressure on me as well to mark with them.
Speaker 1: Actually there, yeah, hope you can be all right.
Speaker 3: I'll mark them.
Speaker 1: Fairly nine four one four one four three is someone's the other the show. It's affecting Jack Post and the abceed ninety four three. He's already fitting that pressure. Guys, he's nervous. How any voices because you'll have a go at him. I know why you're nervous now, because you'll hear them moaning like they must do. That's what I see. I got it. We got the backstory.
Speaker 2: Weyman The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Slightly different time waster technical problems with the computer. The guests your text. So we're asking to call in and give us your time wasters today. Best one messon show. You have to go and see Crowned House citting my music wal They pulled the eighth and ninth. We're looking for your dental movies. Are you ready to mark?
Speaker 3: Let's go?
Speaker 1: All right, let's try this. Daniel, good Morning.
Speaker 6: Good Morning the Mola Express.
Speaker 1: Gold Well, I'm Daniel. Let's go to Greg. Good morning Greg. Time Waster Police A cavity that's that is a contender for those tickets as well. What I greg might be you Kirsty, good.
Speaker 5: Morning, Citizen Overcaine clever, silver plus, that's smart, deserve the gold Sharon, good morning, Bang bronze.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a bronze. Nice one. I noticed you'll cut them off so we can't hear the feedback.
Speaker 3: Want feedback, Stephen, good morning brace brace off silver?
Speaker 1: Yeah, uh nice s Stephen, Josh, Josh the clean Smile.
Speaker 3: Don't get it? Bronze, oh ay, the green mile. No still bronze.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Uh.
Speaker 2: Wendy amalgam mgeddon that's good.
Speaker 1: What is it? Amalgamed him amalgams. I think they put in for a filling. I didn't know that.
Speaker 3: Bronze.
Speaker 1: No, sorry Wendy about that. I think it's a goal Shelley top Guns, top Guns, yeah, silver, Mark.
Speaker 2: Raiders of the Love.
Speaker 3: Silver plus.
Speaker 1: But Mark, mattch what's your dental movie for us on the time Waster The.
Speaker 6: Man with the Golden Guns?
Speaker 1: Very good, Matthew. Jennifer, what's your dental movie?
Speaker 6: Hole alone?
Speaker 1: Silver h Amanda.
Speaker 8: Norma to dental movies.
Speaker 1: Hellllo Hello, yeah, yeah it's us you live on any chat to your mum.
Speaker 8: No change my colleague because I've got two good ones.
Speaker 1: I'll do the most. We'll take most.
Speaker 8: Okay, I've got any any given decay.
Speaker 3: Good gold, I've got.
Speaker 8: You've got gin divided.
Speaker 1: That's a ginger mine. Well done, don't go said nice one, Amanda.
Speaker 6: Kyi Chumpers Stumper gold, My.
Speaker 1: God, aren't they very good? Kylie squeeze? Good morning, Tim, Christian Tim dental movie? What have you got? Tim? Oh?
Speaker 7: Your last called tomorrow? I had won for jumpers.
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: Sorry, can say that, Tim Caine bronze. Let's go to Wendy, who have got time? Wendy, what's your dental movie?
Speaker 9: It's gum and gummer, gum and gummer.
Speaker 3: I had the bronze for you, Wendy.
Speaker 1: Telling poul Old Wendy, I'm sorry about the Wendy, who is off to go and see Credit House Live.
Speaker 3: Congratulations Matt from Man with the Golden Guns.
Speaker 2: This is the Christian O'Connell show Podcast.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow Show Today Tomorrow. It's gonna have to come back because of what I saw Saturday at ten fifteen in Sint Kilda. You won't believe what I saw?
Speaker 3: What did you say?
Speaker 1: Get a hold of this right not one hundred feet away from where we once on the very same street, Fitzroy Street, Sint Kilda. Where Sint Kilda. I love Sint Kilda, but you see all kinds of stuff in Sinkida.
Speaker 3: Characters.
Speaker 1: Characters get a hold of this run.
Speaker 3: What did we see that?
Speaker 1: We still remember that dog running down the street.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, with its it's laid was attached to a metal table, in metal chair.
Speaker 1: It was like smashing people as it was running along. And then those cray cray owners do.
Speaker 3: You remember running it up?
Speaker 1: Yeah, laid back people. Eh, where's he gone? He got one of them is thong fed off and he spent eight just lazily. You don't think where you put the long back on without putting your hand to it. He was just trying to deal with his foot. Dog was taken off up towards anyway. You wouldn't believe what I saw on sick killed her? What did you say? I'm gonna get a coffee sating morning. There's ten fifteen. Everyone stood outside by the little magic window. We we wait for the coffee to be given to us. And there was a group of three twenty somethings as you young looking people all right, all shiny skins and stuff like that, and then was a you know when you see someone walking down the street, there's an intensity to me, you go get a load of this. There was no one there, but I was like looking at that. Check out this lady here walking in a manner, no no bitument. What right with this crappy little yappy dog trailing alongside behind her? Yappy dog cox its leg right by one of these twenty year olds and peace on her.
Speaker 3: That's happened to me before. There's a dog is peed on me there, I'm a lamp post, yes, and it didn't rush.
Speaker 1: It's so yeah, it's so offensive. Right. So I said that this lady right, she didn't even know her leg was being peed on, all right, And I said, hey, that dog's been and I shouting after Craig Greately and I went, hey, your dog's just paid on this lady's leg. And she just turned turns around, doesn't say sorry, She goes to the dog. What did you do that for? And it just marches off. I'm sin Kilda. Don't believe what he saw? I told you. I said that I haven't got anything else chambered. You have pho Jack then landon sin Kilda anyway, tomorrow is back then the most strangest and unusual thing you've seen. Also, we want to hear more of the stories about your neighbours connection to the TV show. You can email me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast