Speaker 1: Quest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: My daughter started a new job. She's trained to he's working in a cafe and they're training not to be a barista when she goes to UNI. You get work anyway if you're trained up that anyway.
Speaker 4: She herself from Melbourne.
Speaker 3: So anyway, she was working Sunday doing a shift and she was cleaning something out in the in the back kitchen and there was a pot of boiling hot oil and she scolded sound really badly blistered all over both of her hands. So they had to send her home. And then so I went to the chemist, the pharmacist to see what cream and bandage des I need to do right to the comfortable. So what is it as well about the pharmacist. It's they love to query everything, don't they like? You take your prescription in from a man of medicine who's trained hard a doctor and.
Speaker 1: They go, she put you on that for They go, well, the doctor, you know, he does it day in day out.
Speaker 3: The doctor. He sends me here with this, you have a look at it. You go get it from those giant mega draws you've got here.
Speaker 5: You go.
Speaker 3: Then they're trying to tell you what, there's a cheaper one just over there, cheap one over there. Then when they handed you, like whenever, whenever you're allowed to get get your medicine, they always go take it twice a day with food and go.
Speaker 1: I know that it says that tight out on the thing.
Speaker 3: You're giving to me. Anyway, the guy, the guy that was very healthy to work, creams to get. But anyway, when I said my daughter, she scolded her hand okay, and he took his. He had these very sort of pez nes old school glasses off. He took them off, and he went. He looked at me solemnly, and he went. Kitchens the most dangerous room in the house. All right, buddy, where's the cream? What a bandages? Let's end this now.
Speaker 4: Was it a word of warning, like we shouldn't go into the kitchen.
Speaker 1: No, he was just saying, don't even get me started. Every day, man and boy, kitchen, this kitchen that when when it ends? No hum.
Speaker 3: So today because he told me it's the most dangerous room in the house, the kitchen. We want to hear about your kitchen injuries. Okay, best story we get by half eight this morning. I bet quite A few of these involved avocados. Aren't they the most dangerous thing to take on in the kitchen?
Speaker 4: I remember seeing a news article about cutting avocados, and people would slice through their hands.
Speaker 3: Because they're fitty little buggers, aren't they. You put them in like a grenade. They're the grenade of nature. You put them in your hand. And he trying this is only a soft little thing. Aren't being a slice through you?
Speaker 4: And I put on the oven glove to cut an avocado because they said that you.
Speaker 1: And get a wiki keeper's glove.
Speaker 4: You can cut through and cut slicely palm in your hand open.
Speaker 1: How do you don't get that tactile thing, it'd be all slippery?
Speaker 4: You can my knife hand is unsheathed avocado, holding hands.
Speaker 3: Inside the oven glove. This is amazing. So I want to hear about your kitchen injuries. You've got a devastating store. You're lucky to be here.
Speaker 4: I said. When you asked me, do I have any kitchen injuries? I said, I've nicked my thine on a knife. So don't come to me.
Speaker 1: You're a survivor. You're a survivor. This guy's a surviving He's like, we're lucky to have him. Guys, we're lucky to.
Speaker 3: Have him, all right, So the best story we get like that, Nick, that's why he's he's got.
Speaker 1: Ice way, where's that glove? Now? He doesn't want to be.
Speaker 4: Nicked against to the show bag.
Speaker 3: We've got the Melbourne Royal Show family pass and the showbag.
Speaker 1: What's in it? Jack?
Speaker 4: Yes, there's a turntable, there's a cheese picnic tail.
Speaker 1: An o glove for avocado deep stoning.
Speaker 4: There's the cheese knife set all be careful with no one, the Dan Murphy's Voucher, Ticketmaster Voucher, barbecue kit hags, Chucky scented candor and a golden Smeg.
Speaker 3: Toast, amazing prices and a family pass ten to actually go to the Melbourne Royal Show. Please, if you're in the kitchen, you 'm actually use the phone, go to another room. We want you to be as safe as possible. Or he's another and glove with the fine please.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast Kitchen Injuries.
Speaker 3: Christian, I was slicing up garlic like I was Gordon Ramsey, slice my knuckle off, Oh oh, how to throw the lot aways the slice skin and like slice garlic.
Speaker 4: No, losing a garlic is not the worst part of that story.
Speaker 1: Oh my, thank you, Robert.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're looking for these kitchen injury stories because apparently some most dangers room in the house. Nine four one four one o four three Dane, Good morning, Good.
Speaker 6: Morning, Christian, Jack, Petty.
Speaker 7: How are we this Mone?
Speaker 1: We're great? And Dane? What happened in the kitchen?
Speaker 6: Mate doing the dishes after a Sunday raised carving knife, slippery hands, straight through the food.
Speaker 1: What in between the toes or just above.
Speaker 7: The toes, straight through the ford into the floor.
Speaker 1: Oh my word. So were you sort of stuck to the floor?
Speaker 6: I was, Yes.
Speaker 1: What did you do to get yourself free?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I just sort of wiggled the knife a little bit.
Speaker 1: This is medieval torture again. You're giving yourself down.
Speaker 6: Yeah, true, Yeah, then wrapped it up in a tea towel, hobble the out, put my foot in the glove box, and then drove off to the hospital. So I wasn't getting blood everywhere in the car.
Speaker 1: Put your foot in the.
Speaker 4: Board, makes yourself like the whole thing was seven off your legs.
Speaker 1: You won't driving the car, were you?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I was.
Speaker 1: Pilates.
Speaker 3: You're leaning across your your flexibility and you cause the impressive Dane.
Speaker 7: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 6: Yeah that happened many years ago, Christian, so yeah you still got the little scar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wow, Dane, incredible story. Thanks for calling mate.
Speaker 7: Have a good day you two. Christian enjoy you wait, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: Michael.
Speaker 7: Good morning, Good morning, sir. How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm good son and Michael. What happened in the kitchen?
Speaker 7: Oh? When I was a kid, probably we hate you know, I'm something like that. We had a mouse in the kitchen. So I chased it around with my family, trying to catch this mouse, and I caught it. I caught it by the tail and I held it up and went he victory, I've got this mouse. And it turned around, it bent around like a U shape and bit me on the finger. So it was a bit Tom and Jerry not sure.
Speaker 1: And so what happened next?
Speaker 7: Well, I was shaking my finger with this mouse attached by its mouth. At the end, it flew off and then disappeared to run underneath the stove. And that was it. Wow, never went near a mouse again.
Speaker 1: Did you need to go and get technic shots?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Yeah, I had to go get technic shot, which probably hurt more than the mouth bite, but yeah, just to be safe.
Speaker 3: Michael, thank you very much to call with the world's noisiest. We'll wear that, Mekayla. Good morning, Mikayla morning.
Speaker 6: How are you.
Speaker 1: I'm good, Mikayla. So what happened in the kitchen?
Speaker 8: That was actually my mum. She likes to make cakes as a hobby, like you know, the really big, fancy cakes. So she baked your cakes one day and she was slicing the top off because you have to have a slaptop to be able to ce it, and she was cutting through it and it sliced through the cake and through the pad of her thumb. So there's blood everywhere, blood or through the cake. The cake's ruined.
Speaker 9: Can't use the cake anymore, So we.
Speaker 8: Rushed her off to hospital. After I think six or seven hours in the ear she decided that she wanted to go home and see if she could save the cake, which obviously couldn't happen because there was blood all through it. But yeah, she didn't end up getting stitches or anything like that. She decided decided to put bandages over it for a couple of weeks and people would he all over.
Speaker 1: She's hard cool. The fact she was about to go back and finish that cake off.
Speaker 4: Yeah once, no one will know there's blood inside sponge.
Speaker 2: Now the Christian Show podcast Christian Kitchen Injuries, all I have to say is Mandolin.
Speaker 3: We might need a bit more than that, though, but just only a little bit more. I still get terrified every time I just go to grate the cheese. I think I'm taking my hands into my own life talking about your kitchen injuries this morning on nine four one four three. Great prices every single day this week it is back the Melbourne Royal Show. We have a family pass every day on the show and our very own ultimate Showbow which is worth about twelve hundred dollars. There's loads of great stuff in there. So the best cool today? Then about your kitchen injuries.
Speaker 1: Alison, Good morning, Good morning Alison. What happened at the kitchen?
Speaker 5: A bed incident with the microwave being the titass that I am. The little globe you know that lights are up inside that went out, so I toddled off to the shop. Okay, I'll think about sixty bucks for the little globe. Are still less than the price in a microwave, went home, got the little glass thing off that covers the globe, got the globe out, everything's going fine, but couldn't quite reach in to get the glow back into the socket. So what do you do? You put your finger in there to find out where the hole?
Speaker 1: You absolutely do not, and then you turn into a light bulb?
Speaker 5: Did you a little bit like that? And the reaction, the jerk reaction from getting from the.
Speaker 1: Shop lying back, don't you? Well?
Speaker 5: I also took took the microwave back with me, and of course it fill flew off the bench, sash, the smashed the gloss, turned table, which is which is an expensive.
Speaker 1: I don't know what other of the solid things.
Speaker 3: How can glass be this socket?
Speaker 5: And so with that that was the end of it. Electrocuted, no globe, no turntable, and just shuck whole thing out.
Speaker 1: Allison, stay there, that's a great story, very well told you. Stay there, love that. That's You're okay though.
Speaker 3: Michelle, Hello Michelle, what is your story of a kitchen injury?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 9: Dear, I was young and I was getting something out of the freezer and saw it was all nice and powdery, and so I decided I'd lick it, and I got my tongue stuck to the freezer the side of it, and I was trying to yell, you know, to help from my mind.
Speaker 1: Like dumb and dumber when you start to the ski lift, yeah.
Speaker 9: Yeah, And you can't quite yell when you've got your tongue out of the and so I was trying to pry it off, and in the end I just had to do the big rip and it ripped a chink out. I'm like, oh out, I've still got a little hole, like an indentation where where if you ever grew back.
Speaker 3: Dips in your tongue, can't you.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 9: My mom was so embarrassed. But I had to go to my mum and she thought I'd lost your tooth.
Speaker 3: I'm still got the image now that for weeks after it's in the freezer there's some of your tongue on the side there, like it's growing harvest and organs or something.
Speaker 4: Fez'll probably keep it in there until science works out how to.
Speaker 1: Pull it back up.
Speaker 9: Frustate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Michelle, we're going to give you the big prizes. You off to the Melbourne Royal Show. You got a family pass awesome.
Speaker 9: Thanks guys, you've made my day.
Speaker 1: Oh it's a great story.
Speaker 3: And you've also got the ultimate showbag as well, which Jack has.
Speaker 4: Turntable into the cheese picnic table, cheese knives, darn Murphy's Voucher, ticket Master, Voucher, barbecue kits, scentered candle, golden spag toast a valued at twelve hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: You deserve a.
Speaker 9: Show that's amazing.
Speaker 1: Thanks guys, that's why I enjoyed the Melbourne Royal Show.
Speaker 9: Oh, thank you. I will.
Speaker 3: And if you want to go pre purchase your tickets you save money. More tickets on the show tomorrow.
Speaker 2: This is the Christian o'commall Show podcast