Speaker 1: Just stood a black couple of mitches. Hell yeah, you yourself for the rude shocks of young adults.
Speaker 2: So what if the plan with this guy you've been chatting to on Grinder are you're going to pork in this weekend?
Speaker 1: No, I've got dinner with Rebel Wilson this weekend, so I can't.
Speaker 2: Don't you hate it when you've got a grinder hook up, but you have to go to dinner with Rebel Wilson.
Speaker 1: If I had a dollar, Julie and Mitchell coos, oh hallo you.
Speaker 2: How was your dinner with Rebel Wilson?
Speaker 1: Man, I asked, well, pork There was pork involved, but it wasn't the kind that we're all hoping for. It was lovely. Yeah, it was very nice, great time with Rebel. She's very lovely.
Speaker 2: You're being vague with there an nda involved.
Speaker 1: No, there wasn't, but it was very much like insinuated that what he said at dinner stays at dinner. I've never been to dinner with like a Hollywood elite, like she's so famous. People stopped and asked for photos multiple time throughout the met and it's just I was like laughing, like, oh my god, this is so bizarre. But then like everyone else was like, this is normal, and you just keep on eating and then wait for it to sit back down and then don't acknowledge it. It's a very weird.
Speaker 2: But she's nice. She gets the photos.
Speaker 1: She's nice, she gets the photos. She was like, Mitch, let's get in the photo. Let's get a great photo. She's like absolutely lovely and just a normal person. And I was just I'm like a fan, so I was like, this is so cool to have dinner with you. Then she the most awkward part was she she offered to pay, and I was like, oh, no, a multimillionaire, rebel Wilson, I couldn't possibly let you. Oh you've already done it, that's okay. And then she goes, do you have cash? Just give me cash. I'm no, rebel Wilson, I don't have cash.
Speaker 3: I'm really sorry.
Speaker 2: Was she kidding?
Speaker 1: No? No? No, I mean you know she's not there to pay for my food.
Speaker 2: That's true. It's good. You've got to stay rich somehow.
Speaker 1: No, that's very true. That's how the rich stay rich, you know, they just keep their cash. But she was so lovely and so warm, and I really enjoyed it, but no porking for me.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: I had to choose rebel or a porking, and I went with rebel.
Speaker 2: What does she look like? Because I always get a real shock when I'm reminded that she's in her forties. She bloody doesn't look like it to me. She's still that teenager on the Wedge.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Oh my god, the Wedge. That's still a good show. I remember the wear Jen. She played that character where she would sit in her bedroom and talk to her one a web cam. Yeah, but now she was so lovely. She looks so young, and her skin is like porcelain, like it's white. It is very similar to prize keeper Jenna, who's here? Hollo, Jenna, Hello, it is. It's like she's got just perpetually beautiful skin that just doesn't age. She looks like a porcelain doll like you.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 2: I've never noticed a blemish on Jenna's face. She doesn't wear makeup or anything, and yet it's just clear you are porcelains. Can't to Jenna, I try my this.
Speaker 1: You do have beautiful skin. We spoke about this last week. You have a lovely skin. Actually, You know what happened that was really awkward was that we got there and this restaurant is called Sake in Sydney and it's gorgeous Japanese, very fancy restaurant, and I it was like the restaurant of my last relationship. We'd go for every birthday, every anniversary, every Valentine's Day, so I know the staff there. Anyway, I sit down and the waitress comes over and brings Rebel to the table and she goes Rebel Mitchell's already sitting and she's like, oh, do you guys know each other? You know, you know his name. And the waitress turns to Rebel Wilson and says, oh, yeah, Mitch was a bastard of a customer four years ago. Was so rude to my face that I thought I'd never speak to him again. But then he won me over in the next few visits because he comes here a lot. But he was such a prick when I first met him. Anyway, enjoy your night, to Rebel Wilson.
Speaker 2: No, what the hell happened that first visit.
Speaker 1: Well, it was the first Valentine's Day with Hayden in the early days, and I was like, oh, I'm going to impress this boy and big note myself. So I ordered a table and they were booked out, so they put us at the bar and I put up a big stink. I'm like, no, I ordered a table. This is ridiculous. This is a terrible service. And they're like, sorry, you have to eat at the bar, and I was like, no, I demand a table. Anyway, the waitress remembered that.
Speaker 2: Oh my, I remember you telling that story on the podcast because I would have asked how it was your first Valentine's Day. I can't believe that's stuck with her. You've been a little diva.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Probably yeah. Yeah, anyway, she liked me now because I told her that we broke up and he was a bastard in the end, and she gave me a free Martine.
Speaker 2: How full circle. I love that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Anyway, it was good. It was good. How was your weekends, Mitchell? You're coming to us from Live from bogan Gate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm just back at home on the farm. Although right now, how does my audio sound? Because I'm actually sitting in the bogan Gate Pub in the manager's office. Because I said to Kerry, the manager, who was absolutely gorgeous. You guys would love Kerry. Yeah. I said, can I use one of the motel rooms if it's not booked to record the podcast because there's better Wi Fi and reception in town. And she said, oh, well, they're not carpet, it'll be too echoe, So you can use my office. So I'm in the manager's office, but it's right next to the kitchen, so I don't know if you can hear it. But there's literally people chopping, deep frying, sizzling all right next to me, So I don't know if you can hear that.
Speaker 1: I thought they were just the sounds of the country. I thought that they were just local animals and hitting the run and one bats being run over on the on the freeway. So you're in is it a big leather chair, Jenna? Look, he's like, that is someone's office. I am in the manager's chair.
Speaker 2: Look the filing camera and everything. What's on the desk literally nothing. I don't know if she's cleared it for me, but I've got like, I've got access to the security cameras up here so I can keep an eye on everyone.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, is it full? What's going on at this time of day.
Speaker 2: Let me have a look. Oh that's me. I was like, Oh, there's someone sitting alone. No, that's me.
Speaker 1: You're like, it's a gorgeous woman upstairs, and you're like, I.
Speaker 2: Still need to drag you to the bogen Gate one day. I actually think, Mitch, you would love it because everyone has their energy where they're all willing to stop and chat.
Speaker 5: It's true.
Speaker 1: Oh that's heaven for me. That is absolute heaven. What do you mean they just talk?
Speaker 2: Yeah, everyone's down for a yarn. And even in traffic if someone's like letting you go, you know, a pedestrian crossing or whatever, someone in the car park and it's all full and someone's letting you go. They do it with a warm smile and everyone's just so lovely. I just think you would profit well.
Speaker 1: I've loved all your content, like you on the truck and with the and then the barley and the sheep. Oh, it's been very fun to watch. It's in your DNA literally, I mean yes, is it? Though?
Speaker 2: Do I look like I belong on a farm? I don't know if it's really my natural habitat, but.
Speaker 1: Oh god, well listen, where have you have you been?
Speaker 3: Good?
Speaker 1: Jenna? Happening with you.
Speaker 5: Nothing No, nothing at all, No, nothing at all.
Speaker 1: Mitch, Jenna and I are competing on our Apple watches. We're competing for calories. Not calories, but the most exercise done in a week. Yeah, and Jenna was beating me and I'm doing like ten kilometers a day.
Speaker 6: Do you know how that works?
Speaker 1: I got a notification at eleven o'clock last night because I bumped up in the league.
Speaker 2: What the hell are you being up to? Jenna?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I got a notification. Jenna completed one exercise and I said, this will be fantastic. What has she done late night? Walk?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: I tap it. Jenna just completed rolling, rolling, rolling, She had a fall.
Speaker 5: I don't know why it said rolling.
Speaker 1: You to explain, Matt, Jenna.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was doing Peloton stretches and for some reason, it's through the Peloton app. And I don't know why Apple confuses that with rolling. I didn't even know rolling was an option.
Speaker 4: Jen.
Speaker 1: It's embarrassing you chose it. And the animation on Apple or there's animations for lakes for running, and there's animations for rowing, like there's a little emoji doing it, and then for rolling there was just nothing which is the letter R. Because there's no possible way an emoji could actually show what that is. Because it's stupid. Then don't knock it till you try it.
Speaker 2: The idea of rolling sounds like going back to our childhood. Next hobby hunt we do, We're going to the top of a grass hill and rolling down.
Speaker 1: Rolling. I can get around that. I can get around it.
Speaker 2: Actually, that would be really bad for your brain illness.
Speaker 1: It'd be shocking, it would end me. But great content. Great for the content. That's actually a good segue. Yesterday on the show, Mitchell, it is the first annual hobby Hunt.
Speaker 2: Not annual inaugural.
Speaker 1: That's the word I'm thinking of. Shit, Well maybe he knows inaugural.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I dragged you guys along to the polate city I go to to join in on one of my bar classes, and we'll be bringing that to you today. There'll be a video on our Instagram as well at couple of mitches. Keep an eye at around Monday afternoon if you want to see see you suffer in a way.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, this video is going to be incredible. Mitch put me in a dumb outfit and I happily obliged and we all three of us completed a bar class at Mitch's Pilate studio and we'll play the audio later in the show and give you the verdict as to whether or not we'll give it a go as a real hobby.
Speaker 2: Which I'm not sure what your verdict is yet.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you later on when we get to the Hobbyhart, I'll tell you because I've been mulling it over. Yeah, giving it all.
Speaker 2: And also today our special guest Gina Leiano. Finally, we had to record this ages ago. They kept it under wraps because we were on her podcast and they were very secretive. They didn't want people to know that she was doing a podcast. But yes, of course Gina is the Real House Eights of Melbourne start, my absolute favorite on that show.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: If you don't know much about Gina, not really familiar with her work, I'll fill you in later. She's a fascinating woman.
Speaker 1: Oh god, she's absolutely incredible and she's so savage and the chat with her is actually very nice. So I can't wait for people to hear that. So that's coming up. So's hobbyhind. If it is your first time listening, it's Is It Just Me? Every week we start the show the same way with something we've noticed, something we hate or appreciate. Met she doesn't know my agim, I don't know his, and we chat. That's what the show is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, mine's a far cry from last week's Is It Just Me, which was a group of therapy session. I can assure you that this week's if it just means nothing like that. It's just very a very stupid thing I've noticed.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, mine. Well, I might go first because mine is a first that I've had in my life. I've never done this before in my life, and it's something that everyone does, or many people do, especially single adults, and I have my first ever and it was beyond awkward. Should I just jump in? Should I start?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You get spit it out. I'm curious.
Speaker 1: Here we go? Is it just me? Are you supposed to do the anal swab in your own sexual health check or does your GP do it for you?
Speaker 2: You do your own darlin.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I've got a different kind of doctor then aha, what Okay? That explains that's interesting. Then that let me just write that down. The doctor doesn't do it, saying what I think you're saying, well, there's the thing. I have never in my life had a sexual health check. And don't freak out. It's not I am lazy. But I was in a monogamous relationship what I thought was monogamous four or five years and it was great. And before that, I was sleeping with women, and my ex was my first male partner, so I kind of went into that so I haven't had to get one. So now that I'm single and I'm entering a whole new era of my life, I was like, well, I better get a sexual health check so I can start with a clean baseline and then we can work from there. So I went to my GP. And I didn't go to a sexual health clinic. I've got a great GP. He's very young, he's very cool, he's a nice guy. He deals with my brain. He knows all my conditions. So I'll just ask.
Speaker 2: Very comfortable around you too, holy.
Speaker 1: Well, very comfortable. So I sat down and he goes, Mitch, how are you you look great? You've lost weight. I went, yeah, you're very brain pressed. Let's do your bloods and just see where everything's at, cholesterol and whatever. And I said, awesome, Well I'm also, here can we discuss getting a sexual health check because I'm single and and I'm you know, I'm going to start getting out there. And he's like, oh, yeah, of course, no worries. He's all right, here's the wee cup. You got to do a wei. I'm like, I've actually never done one before. This is my first one. And he's like, oh, okay, so you've got a wee in this cup. I'm like okay, cool. He's like, I've also got to swab your mouth. I'm like okay, great, ah, tongue out, mouth open ah. So he swapped my mouth and he went, okay, we'll just get you up on the bed for the anal swab. And I went, oh, oh, there's an anal swab. And he's like, yeah, yes, there is an There is an anal swab. And I was like, okay, are you going to do that or am I going to do that? And he's like, oh, well, you've never done it before, so I can I can provide that if you want. I want to make sure we have to get a correct example.
Speaker 2: It doesn't have much faith in your intelligence. It's pretty fucking self explanatory.
Speaker 1: Well that's what I said.
Speaker 2: I got I've never done it, you won't figure it out.
Speaker 1: I was like, there's only one way where for it to go. And I was like, I'd feel more comfortable if I could do it. It's like, okay, we've got to do it right. I'm like, okay, well then show me. So then you have this diagram. It was putting it in his hand and showing me so okay. So then I went and did it myself like an adult. But I felt so shamed because it's almost like he wanted to do it. He did want to do it, and he didn't. I didn't let him show it. But I got my results back today, guys, and I'm clean. I've got absolutely nothing. Yeah.
Speaker 2: It is hard though, when it's a doctor and it's like is this inappropriate what they're doing or is it fine because they're a doctor. Because to this day, I remember this one time when I was fourteen and I had Crone's disease, which is a bow fucking disease. Bowls, I just need you to remember that.
Speaker 1: Okay, bo I'm picturing that. Yep.
Speaker 2: Mum took me to some pediatrician and we were dealing with the crones disease stuff, and then he randomly goes all right up on the bed and then he pulls out this necklace of sorts, but every bead. It started with tiny beads and then got bigger, and then he goes right pants off. I'm going to feel your balls and find out which size bead you're currently comparable with where you're at with your growth. And I was like, ah, is that really necessary? I don't understand what my balls have to do with Crime's disease. And both Mum and I were just kind of like, I mean, I guess it's fine, be good that the doctor.
Speaker 1: Did you say that or are you too scared to bring that up?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 2: I didn't say anything, but I was. I was quietly seething at Mum, and I've never let her forget it to this day, because for some reason, I was so body conscious as a kid. I didn't want to go to the doctors at all. When I noticed that I had tummy problems. Was like, because they're gonna they're gonna look at my bits, you know, don't I'm too body conscious. I don't want that. Mum goes Mitchell, it's obviously something wrong with your bowels. They won't look at your bits. First fucking pediatrician appointment. He's fucking groping touches your bits. Yes, I was like to me, I never let Mum forget it. I'm like, hey, remember that time you promised they wouldn't touch me?
Speaker 1: They did? Wait? Were they they have appropriate size for the year and and age?
Speaker 2: When I was fourteen and had not one pure on me? So probably not?
Speaker 1: He was like, yeah, you're a bit of a late developer. Oh my god, what an awful doctor. Was it an older person?
Speaker 2: No, he would have been like maybe I imagined him to have like a baby at home. That's the age he was got it?
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, I get yeah, yeah, right right, Well that's very questionable. Who are these doctors getting off on putting things in people's butts and touching pre pubescent balls.
Speaker 2: The other thing, I told mum that I was nervous and body conscious about showing off my private parts and she promised that won't happened. Three color and oscopy's later, something tubes up my mouth. Yeah, so I definitely had to bear all.
Speaker 1: Well, listen, if you're out there and you've never had a sexual health check, I get one. It's great for you.
Speaker 2: And if they asked to squeeze your nuts.
Speaker 1: Say no, no, don't touch me nuts.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 1: I also got a prescription for PREP. Guys, Oh you did, did you? Yeah, well, I haven't filled it or anything. I haven't got it, but I just had the conversation, and you know, PREP is the anti HIV drug, which is fantastic, and I'm like, yeah, give me that prescription so I can keep it in my top drawer if I want it, if I want to go out there and get on it. So I haven't filled it yet, but so to speak, but you know it's there if I need it. It's a good it's good to have.
Speaker 2: I saw this thing on Choice of Van's Instagram story once he had a handful of meta mucal tablets, which you know, if you're engaging in gay sex, come in handy so that you don't shout all over someone. And he took the meta musial at the same time as PREP, and the photo said, this medication keeps me gay. But then all these people pointed out to him, Troy, you're not supposed to take meta mucial at the same time as any other medication because it'll also absorb that medication. Because that's the whole point of meta musical to just like absorb everything into a glob so that you've got hard stool. And so apparently it means that the medication doesn't actually dissolve or some shit, And so just a warning, don't take meta musial at the same time as prep.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I take benefiber every morning interesting than michell.
Speaker 2: Which I think that might also explain why whenever I have some meta mucial at the same time as my eighty eighth D meds that I'm suddenly really drowsy all afternoon, the fucking meta.
Speaker 1: Musial rob me. Oh my god, fucking meta musial. Ho'mophobic? Who needs it?
Speaker 6: Discuss?
Speaker 1: All right, Mitchell, want to do your regim? Sure, let's go.
Speaker 8: Is it just me?
Speaker 2: Are you a bit confused about the word vampire.
Speaker 1: I've never thought about it. No, I don't really struggle with it.
Speaker 2: Neither me either until recently. Because you know that Olivia Rodrigo song. You've probably played it a million times on the radio called Vampire.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, vampire. This one God so good.
Speaker 2: Fame fucker.
Speaker 1: It's been my breakup song. I've been screaming this.
Speaker 2: I'm so glad you didn't play the radio edit that bleeps out fame fucker. It's so much better the dirty one totally. But anyway, the reason I'm confused about the word vampire is because on Instagram the other day I saw something was actually from your mate's mitch at Nova, the Rivals.
Speaker 1: Competition radio station in here in Sydney.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, I would never listen, but it was on Instagram. So I saw something from Nova where they edited Cheryl and Barnes saying the word vampire in and of the accent into the Oliviate Rodrigo song Just for Ships and Gigs, And then Ricky Lee proceeded to make fun of how many syllables Cheryl and Barnes used in the word vampire, and I'm like, I'm pretty sure Cheryl's saying it correctly. Sorry, just listen to the bit from the radio.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is from Nova God Vampire.
Speaker 9: Vampoi where the way she says it vampire vampire, so many.
Speaker 2: Syllables, right, But that's got me questioning how many syllables does the word vampire? Haven't it? Because if you listen closely, Olivia Rodrigo does say it with two syllables, which to me is just fucking incorrect.
Speaker 1: Okay, hold on, this is Olivia Rodrigo saying vampire. See, oh that's just two. And if I were to say it vampire.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I would say vampire.
Speaker 2: There you go to me, VAMPIREI three syllables, vampire like vampire is one syllable?
Speaker 1: Surely like the ah isn't one syllable? Vampire fu.
Speaker 2: See this is why I'm confused. Man, this sounds wrong to say it with one syllable.
Speaker 1: You try, you try, and you try and say it with one syllable. Oh fuck, vampire.
Speaker 2: That just sounds like some proven drude, hoity toty posh bitch saying vampire.
Speaker 1: Vampire sounds vampire?
Speaker 2: Why did we go to the mall so I can pop into David Jones and ma? It just sounds too hoity toty. If you lose a syllable, it's my yah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right. I'm going to Europe in August. I'm not using cash to buy it. I'm using frequent flower points. Yeah, it's too posh, frequent flyer. You guys know any limos I can ha Now it's awful. No, it's terrible. Jenna, look at your tits. They look great, do you have any underwar.
Speaker 2: You're preaching to the choir? Can you help me change my tag? So it's just fucking wrong. It sounds dire, Jenna.
Speaker 1: We need you to go into the enemy's base, and we need you to talk to the boss, okay, and we need you to wear a war all right. That's ridiculous, Jenny.
Speaker 2: You must be approaching the age where you're ready to retire.
Speaker 1: You are.
Speaker 2: But you can understand my confusion, right, Like, how many syllables are in the word vampire? I think three?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, I think two still, to be honest with you, yeah, vampire, but you.
Speaker 2: Just said it with three vampire.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But to me, that's two vampire vampire vampire No, because isn't a syllable.
Speaker 2: So would you say that vampire is one syllable.
Speaker 1: Fire, fire? Yes? I would no, Fi.
Speaker 2: There's clearly two syllables in that fire, because if you say with one, you're just gonna sound like a posh bitch fire a far.
Speaker 1: No, vampire is two syllables. I've googled it.
Speaker 5: That's American.
Speaker 2: I just can't be wrong.
Speaker 4: Vampire.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's a question. Everyone's talking about it. Vampires has three syllables, right, depends on accent is what people are saying. If you add a drawer, you get two vampire I.
Speaker 2: I just can't accept that it's who anywhere. It sounds wrong if you say within the two.
Speaker 1: I just at the end of the day, I'm not gonna lose sleep over it.
Speaker 2: We're not losing sleepover. You get an STI test. But we're talking about it.
Speaker 1: Well, once you take a mental image of it. In fact, me you'll have trouble dozing off. Is it just me? That's enough of these two? Look now, let's hear and is it just you?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 1: Don't Yeah, you want a free prize, hit us up in the DMS, couple of mitches. You can send us a text as well.
Speaker 2: Mitch.
Speaker 1: You well versed in our new and improved gym line.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know it off my heart. Fucking me a second.
Speaker 7: Oh four one two, I know that's the old one. That's the old one. Oh no, oh no, hold on jo.
Speaker 2: Fuck yeah, We've got a brand new text number everyone, So forget the old one. I need to delete the old one too, clearly. Oh four double two nine four eight two o.
Speaker 1: Two fan fantastic. Now you can text us and is it just you? Of your own. It's like our own gym's. But it's something that you've does you hate to appreciate. Today coming to us from Maria Bar in Queensland, it's Jared Jared. Here you go, Hallo cowbar. How are your mate doing?
Speaker 8: Pretty good? Pretty good?
Speaker 1: God, we're getting Mitch a lot of straight kind sorry to assume your sexuality, Jared, but we're getting a lot.
Speaker 8: Of the ball wipe and kids.
Speaker 1: Well I feel I love it me.
Speaker 8: I've only just discovered your podcast in the last month and I've caught up. I've started about episode one hundred and forty, but then I went back to start. I'm up to about episode thirty.
Speaker 1: Now, Wow, isn't that crazy?
Speaker 8: I love it?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 2: Do you have long drives or anything? It's part of your job? Is that how you're squeezing it all in?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, basically yeah.
Speaker 4: What do you do a massage therapist?
Speaker 1: Oh? Cool?
Speaker 2: I said that there's a lot of drives with the commute, and that's how you listened to all the podcasts. I thought you were like a truckie or something, but massage therapists a lot like.
Speaker 8: Where I am lucky. If we need to go to a major town. It's like two hours away. So wow, I do that pretty frequently, so it's four hours in the car.
Speaker 2: Is there a huge demand for massage therapists in morn Bar?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm awesome.
Speaker 1: I can imagine. But the fact that someone's getting a deep tissue massage listening to us, potentially in their ease, or the massage therapist is listening to us, is so funny to me.
Speaker 8: You know, I don't listen while I'm massaging, but even in between clients or anything like that.
Speaker 4: Give it a go.
Speaker 2: We could be pretty fucking relaxing.
Speaker 1: We could. Yeah, it's true. All right, Jared Bradley or count you win, then hit us with your region.
Speaker 8: Okay, awesome?
Speaker 1: Is it just me?
Speaker 8: Do you want friend people on Facebook on their birthday?
Speaker 1: That's so savage? What do you mean elaborate on that?
Speaker 4: Why?
Speaker 1: Why on birthdays?
Speaker 8: So because it comes up, you know, such and such birthday, and if I can't be bothered writing on their wall or wishing them happy birthday, I'm like, what I need to have you on my Facebook?
Speaker 2: And Champ you could have forgotten that they existed until Facebook reminded you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then if I was if I was.
Speaker 8: You know, if I'm going to write on their wall to go, oh, happy birthday, I'll keep them as a friend. But if I don't want to keep them as a friend, I just donfriend them on their birthday. It's like a handy little reminder from Facebook.
Speaker 1: That's so funny. Now, I'm completely with you. I do the same thing. It's not birthdays, but like say, for example, a girl that I went to school with has announced that she's getting engaged to a rat faced boyfriend. I will go fantastic happy for you, but goodbye, I will unfriend her. It's so funny. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I also find Facebook memories quite helpful because it'll bring up something that I wrote as a status in like two thousand and fucking ten, and I'm like, thank you so much for reminding me. Now I'm going to delete that. I don't want any record of that.
Speaker 8: For sure, drunk drunk status updates at two am or anything like that.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, no, it's so bad. I used I was looking at mine and I used to check into the classes that I was at in high school. Mister Schmarefeldts math class h pop queiz, what the fuck?
Speaker 2: So embarrassed and leading predators straight to you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think I did that too. I used to be like all science class now hate it totally.
Speaker 1: You're not predators. I wasn't like nude in science. My pre pubescent penis is on the Bunsen burner. I need someone to ravish me. I know it wasn't It wasn't all that. That's funny, but you know what, Fuck Facebook, I'm over. The only reason, and this is true, I'm still on Facebook is to connect with our listeners. Is to connect with the idiots. I would have deleted it if it weren't for them and Facebook marketplace.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I have a couple of Facebook accounts for like pages and stuff, but that's the only reason why I would have Facebook.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that's the only reason I'm still on there, because I've got a hugely popular Facebook page. So anyone who doesn't follow me there already you better I do love yukum.
Speaker 8: See. I've been watching your videos for a few years and when I found your podcast, I was like, oh, I have to have to.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm so glad you checked it out. I'm glad you're loving it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're a good man. We'll message Jenna on Instagram we'll get you a prize. Okay, buddy, awesome, Thanks guys, what a good man. Nowari's good to chat to you. You can hit us up to on a couple of mitches, slide into the MS and we'll get you on and we'll get your freeze and free shit. Yeah yeah, nice.
Speaker 2: With his name Jared? Yeah, oh good, Yeah, I thought so.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 1: I noticed when you said thank you, you kind of went thank you, may dear did.
Speaker 2: The same thing. I was hoping you were going to say his fucking name, no, because then I couldn't remember either.
Speaker 5: I couldn't.
Speaker 2: Say do you know what it is? And I do this all the time. Deep down, I knew his name was Jared, but I had this split second of doubt where I was like, oh, actually, yeah, yeah. I don't want to get it wrong and look like a fuckhead, so I just won't say anything, whereas normally you're the opposite, where you'll just confidently say any name, even if it is wrong.
Speaker 1: Thanks for coming on, jacober Man, Buddy good Man, keep up the massages. Thanks Gerald, Thanks Gerald, No worries coma all right now, a moment we've been waiting for for a long time, Like we said at the start of the show, this is an interview that we recorded months ago, and we weren't able to even talk about it. We weren't able to say who it was with because it was off the back of her project that was unannounced. But finally we can say Mitch and I sat down with the one and only Gina Leanna from the Real Housewives of Melbourne.
Speaker 5: I've been waiting for this for so long.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, so exciting.
Speaker 2: First, we sat down with her to record her podcast, Judge Gina, which they were keeping under wraps. They wanted it to be a big secret, a big announcement, and so Mitch and I had a dispute that Gina was going to mediate, and so immediately after we recorded her podcast, we borrowed a bit of her time to record something for our podcast. So you're going to have to head along search Judge Gina wherever you get your podcasts. It'll be out Monday. If you're one of our early birds listening on a Sunday night, go check it out tomorrow. It's out on the Monday.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But yeah, Judge Gina, she settled a dispute for us.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't say settled. Can we just put that out there. No, I don't think that it was settled at all, and I was very unhappy and I've gone to the Supreme Court because I would like it to be overruled.
Speaker 2: Let me just say this, Mitch ripped me off, and I was thinking compensation.
Speaker 1: Did not rip him off. It was a fair deal, and he brought it to the court of Judge Gina and she just felt pressured by him because she was scared by him. But TV outcome, You'll have to listen and make it up for yourself.
Speaker 2: Did you notice all the comments a couple of weeks ago when we did talk back Tings Live when we announced that we were doing the crossover with Judge Gena's podcast, they were like, well, that podcast won't fucking last. The idgem curse will strike again because every time we collaborate with another podcast, they end up going under.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's so funny. That's true. Well, this is her first and debut season, so potentially could be the last we could have saboitized.
Speaker 2: Imagine about episode was the very last one that she ever did.
Speaker 1: Well, we're going late in the run, so you never know. Ye, we could have cursed her.
Speaker 2: But yeah, if you don't know who Gina Leana is. She was one of the Real Housewives of Melbourne, which I only just recently got into Real Housewives of Melbourne.
Speaker 1: Did you ever watch it, Mitch, Yeah, I loved it. I love all the Real Housewives, but the Real Housewives of Sydney and Melbourne have a very special place in my heart. She's so iconic. And she left that show, and we talk about that in our interview. But yeah, once she left, I stopped watching.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, even if you didn't watch Housewives, I feel like everyone knows Gina. She's the most recognizable one from the Melbourne franchise that you reckon.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that hair and that head of hair. Yeah, iconic. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I love Gina, and so I only recently, as in within the last twelve months, got into Real Housewives in Melbourne. I did that really tragic thing you do when you like someone. Sean mentioned that he had just started watching Housewives. I started watching two. But oh my god, I can't believe I was so late to the party. I was so swept up in it. I became obsessed. I wasn't even watching it to try and impress him anymore. I became obsessed with housewives. Gina was my favorite. If you've never watched Housewives, I'm gonna give you a little taste of what Gina was like on the show.
Speaker 1: As you'll hear in the podcast we record.
Speaker 2: It with her. She's very poised and put together. It takes a lot to get under her skin. There's only been a couple of times on the show that she was rattled, and so they made for the most iconic moments. This first one I'm going to show you this was when a new girl, Sally, came on board around season four, and Sally was calling herself the new sheriff in town. And I don't imagine Gina would have enjoyed that, because she's kind of like the unofficial top dog of the Melbourne Housewives, and so she rubbed Gina the wrong way from the get go. But the whole feud started when Sally dad called Gina a bully, and Gina did not like being called a bully.
Speaker 6: Oh, stopping such a bully.
Speaker 4: You try to shut her.
Speaker 1: Down every single time she tries to talk.
Speaker 5: Just let her talk, stopping Ali, Who am I I mean?
Speaker 7: Who is this woman coming at me with a pointy finger and her fucking camel teeth.
Speaker 6: Calling me a friggin bully fuck off.
Speaker 7: I think that Sally having a new hashtag news Sheriff in Town on her social media is actually hilarious.
Speaker 6: A new Sheriff in town met the sheriff DHLA.
Speaker 7: If you want to come in with guns blazing, your flat shoes and your legs spread like a bloke.
Speaker 1: Guy for it.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna hang out with Sally.
Speaker 1: She can go fuck herself.
Speaker 7: But I do feel sorry for it because I know she's grieving at the moment.
Speaker 1: That is the first first moment of Ginny I ever heard. You showed me that last grab. I do feel sorry for her because she's great after being a total cut.
Speaker 2: Because Sally's husband had died not long before filming, and Gina's just going her and that's what I love her most for. She's it's got these brutal one liners. We talk about a couple of them in our interview with her. One of them, of course, the most iconic, I would say so one of the other housewives, Petti Flur, was being a real punished. All the housewives were on holiday in Dubai together and one by one, Petty Flour was just pissing all the other housewives off, and Gina just decided to put her back in her place.
Speaker 7: All people are trying to do is explain to her howard is it? She's rubbed them up the wrong way, and all petty Flow can think about is how she feels. You're a god woman doing you You need to slip the fuck out of it.
Speaker 5: I've had enough.
Speaker 6: If you are indulged bow fucking shit.
Speaker 7: Every time, why and make God thow and carry on?
Speaker 6: Jesus fuck me.
Speaker 2: I just love her.
Speaker 1: God, She's good. We didn't actually get much of that energy in the podcast which will play the interview with Gina, which I.
Speaker 2: Was kind of hoping we would.
Speaker 1: Yeah, me too, but no, if you listen to her podcast with us in it, we definitely get more of that Gina. She's playing her role in her show. But in this interview it was actually really earnest and quite. She was very warm. It was nice to hear this side of Gina. So yeah, I hope you guys enjoyed the chat because we loved it.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Basically, what I learned was the Gina is actually very lovely, but fuck you don't want to get on a bad side.
Speaker 4: That point, I.
Speaker 1: Figured, Amen, Amen, so over and listen to Judge Gina. Give it a search, Mitch and ire on the episode. By the time you're listening to this, it'll be out. Otherwise, enjoy. Yeah, I'll chat with Genial Leana.
Speaker 5: Please are the fabulous Real Housewives of Melbourne.
Speaker 6: I'll give you my opinion, but you'd better be ready to hear it.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Mitchell, I'm so excited for this. How are you feeling? Because I know you're excited for our guests.
Speaker 2: I mean I thought the day would never come that we'd get Gena Leanna on the podcast, But she's bloody here.
Speaker 1: She's here, Gina, welcome, Hello guys. How are you?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 3: We are so good?
Speaker 1: You know Gina from the Real Housewives, of course, I mean everywhere in Australia or her fragrance at Chemists Warehouse.
Speaker 2: My god, I'm feeling a lot more relaxed now because we've actually just wrapped up recording on Gina's podcast Judge Gina. So you're gonna have to go listen to that because Mitch ripped me off and I've brought it to Judge Gina to help me out here. I'm not going to spoil the gevening. But you're gonna have to go hear the podcast. I'm feeling a lot more relaxed now.
Speaker 1: Well you are, but it will tell you what my heart rates already hides. It is, Gina, my blood pressure is through them. I got my GP on the line. Just you need to get some new medicaid. Because that was tense, Gina. That was a you do a great ding.
Speaker 7: So yeah, just sharing a bit of the love for my day to day job.
Speaker 6: I suppose with everybody.
Speaker 2: It was funny because when we were trying to tea this recording up, your producer would say, oh, you know, we can't do this time, We can't do that day because Gina is actually a barrisser. The word actually was thrown around a lot. Is if that's something that people couldn't possibly believe? Do people think that that was just for TV or something?
Speaker 6: Not sure what people think.
Speaker 7: I can't really say, Bash, I have been accused of being other things other than a barrister.
Speaker 2: I must say, is that not accurate? You are actually a barrister?
Speaker 1: I am.
Speaker 6: I'm a practicing barrister and I'm in court every day.
Speaker 1: It showed I did it. Oh, my god, you're fantastic. I mean, I get it's a podcast, it's entertainment, but I thought I was in a real court of awe. I mean, Mitch said to me after he went why are you dripping? And I was, I'm sweating. I feel like I'm being real. I'm gonna have to go wear a haole to monitor now for a month after that.
Speaker 2: Do you get recognized in court? Do people say to you, holy shit, that's Deen Leanna, even if you know they're there because they've done something wrong.
Speaker 7: Yes, people recognize me in court quite often, and I am often asked for photographs, but I don't do them. I say no, no photos in court. And the main reason being is because people tend to put things on social media and if they do see me in court, and I practiced predominantly in the children's court or the family court, and so a lot of the requests come from children. Yeah, you know, teenagers, and if they posted on social media and they say saw Gina in court, people will last and what are you doing in court? And that sort of gives the game away that maybe there's issues there in their life that so I don't want to burden them with the responsibility of that. But I'm always flattered and if they can catch me outside, then I'm always willing and able.
Speaker 2: To get a photo. It's outside the court, fair game, but not outside the court.
Speaker 6: Yeah, not inside.
Speaker 2: Yeah good. I got to say that podcast we just did with you, part of me was kind of hoping that you'd insult me at some stage because that was my favorite thing about Real house Eyes of Melbourne with you your comebacks, you're.
Speaker 7: Disc calling you an insignificant ass hair or something or something like that or snap the fuck out of it now.
Speaker 2: That one is another great one.
Speaker 4: Yes, I reckon.
Speaker 2: My favorite disc from Housewives and Melbourne was one of the other ladies said that you had a vulgar mouth.
Speaker 7: Well sang hashtag vulgar mouth, but you have a vulgar mouth. Well, I don't agree, and I think that you've got a vulgar hearsh.
Speaker 6: Oh you liked the vulgar harsh.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 2: That was my favorite. There was just something so gentle, classy and elegant about the insult and so hey, we've still got a little bit of time. They feel free to insult me before we wrap this podcast. It would make my fucking day.
Speaker 1: She's brewing one.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you don't know what you're asking for him?
Speaker 1: I do, and I would have loved it.
Speaker 2: I can see the colds turning in her head, going, what can I say?
Speaker 6: I just what can I tell him?
Speaker 3: Wait?
Speaker 1: Do you know where did the idea of the podcast come from? Was it yours? Did I? Hearn't come to you? Where was the idea?
Speaker 7: It was an interesting thing because you know, I I've noticed very much on social media that there's still a lot going on with housewives, a lot of well images of me, voice recordings of things out of the Housewives, my one liners, and so I can see that there's still a big following there.
Speaker 6: It's trending on Twitter.
Speaker 7: I got I get Google notifications, and one of them was that I had had thirty eight point seven million views on It might have even been forty eight point seven million views on tiktop or something.
Speaker 2: I follow an account that has just constant housewives quote.
Speaker 7: Constance, Yeah, they live on yes and so, and everyone I work with says, oh, you know, my friends and I we send each other messages and we're quoting you all the time. So I thought, okay, well I've stepped back from Housewives, which I loved and I met gorgeous people and I adored it. But I thought, well, maybe there's some other things that I can do. And I happened to be having my name. I was getting my nails done. I was at a nail salon and there's this gorgeous girl sitting next to me and she said, on, Gina, we love you at work. Are you going to do anything else? And I said well. She said, oh, I shouldn't ask you. I said, don't know, you can ask. And I said to her, well, I'm not going back to housewives at this stage. It was a big decision to step away. I know it is a bit sad, but I said I wouldn't mind maybe doing radio or something like that.
Speaker 6: She said, well, that's interesting because I work at arm.
Speaker 2: Really, what are the odds of that?
Speaker 7: And that's how the introduction happened. And we talked about a podcast and I said, well, I've always wanted to do a judge Gina, like an Agony Auntie, where you know, if people not really caught situations, but you know, situations where.
Speaker 2: Petty shit like the situation we were in.
Speaker 7: Well, just you know, if you've got a beef with one of your friends, or you need to settle a score of some sort.
Speaker 6: You know who's right, who's wrong.
Speaker 7: You know, the beef could be you had a party and you bought all the beer or all the alcohol and your friend's friends drank it. Also maybe the friend should contribute to the alcohol, you know, something like that, and we try and quantify things. So, I mean, I haven't had a case like that, by the way, but you know that sort of thing where it's usually two friends who have got just this little tiff going on and they need it settled. And most of the people will walk away and accept the decision that I've made.
Speaker 6: I try and keep it.
Speaker 2: No, no, we won't spoil our vertic. People are going to have to go listen.
Speaker 1: I won't.
Speaker 7: And I think most people are happy or they can see the rationale behind it and accept that that is the final decision and that the argument is now over. So I there's some satisfaction, and that's a lot of fun. But what I do find is that while I am going through the motions of cross examining the parties because obviously they're self represented, so I need to quiz them, they tend to fall apart pretty quickly and I think they feel quite intimidated.
Speaker 2: As soon as you ask me to recall dates that I was like, fuck me, I don't even what dat is today what I've got, I.
Speaker 7: Felt quite intimidated very quickly, and if not, I pulled them into line and make sure they do it.
Speaker 1: You called us by our surnames, which made it feel even more real, like I was more a mister Jury you were mister Coombs.
Speaker 2: You would have had to have studied for a very long time at UNI or whatever to become a barrass the right I did.
Speaker 7: I did three degrees in a batchel of business in marketing, and I did a Bachelor of Arts where I made it actually in visual arts.
Speaker 6: So really i'm.
Speaker 7: Qualified art curator, and I did a law degree as well. But I'm also a celebrant, and I did a course to become a celeberance.
Speaker 1: How many gay weddings do you get asked to do, Gina, I mean, I'm sure.
Speaker 6: I've done many. I've done many, same six weddings.
Speaker 7: So in December, I think it was the seventh of December of two thousand and seventeen, the legislation changed, oh yea, and it was no longer the Union of a man and woman. It was the union of two people. And generally a couple needs to give thirty days notice in order to marry, and that's thirty days before the ceremony. And so I actually conducted my very first same sex ceremony about thirty five days after the legislation was ratified.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 7: So I got the notice of intended marriage in that week and we had the wedding pretty much a month later.
Speaker 6: So I was straight in.
Speaker 2: They would have had that notice and that email draft ready, they had the idea years ago to get Jeana.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was fantastic. So I've done about eighty so far, and I do. I do same sex mainly, and it's mainly boys. Actually, I do get a lot of girls, but I think the girls aren't getting married as much as or.
Speaker 1: As those gay boys. We love it, the gay boys, the matching suits and the bow ties and the dogs walking down Mere.
Speaker 6: But you know, it's a lot of fun.
Speaker 7: I love it so much, and it's so different to what I do in my day to day job because generally my day to day job there's not a lot of love I can imagine, and so this is really refreshing travel to do weddings, yeah, well into.
Speaker 6: Stage yeah, do them all around Australia.
Speaker 1: Does it make you happy watching the seasons after you on Housewives not be as successful knowing you're gone.
Speaker 7: Although there's only been one season after I left, and the feedback is that it wasn't quite as successful, to the point really that there wasn't a reunion. Whether or not that was success based or not, I'll give you the feedback from my own mouth.
Speaker 2: It was fucking dogsheit without you really ruined the series for me, Jana, honestly, But.
Speaker 6: I made a difference. I'll have to accept that.
Speaker 2: Did you watch much of it?
Speaker 7: I watched a little bit of it, and I didn't find it quite as entertaining as and not because I watched myself and I'm entertained. I think it was just the dynamic of all the girls in the seasons prior to that. I think the girls tried and they you know, they put in a good effort, but it was I think it was just a tough act to follow. We were just a great cast were you know, Sydney struggled, New Zealand struggled. We were just a great cast. It was a good dynamic, you know, and everyone could. There was no competition really, we all had different things to offer us, so you know, I think just all round it was great. So that's disappointing. I suppose I did maybe let a few people downtime. I'm sorry about that. Hopefully on my podcast I can reconnect with the audience.
Speaker 1: Oh you will.
Speaker 2: Here's what you can do to make it up to me.
Speaker 6: Yeah, what's that?
Speaker 2: I've heard rumors that because the latest Melbourne season without you was a little bit rubbish, they're like, we might give Sydney another crack. So what you need to do is move to Sydney in time for production so that you can be on the revamped house Ie a Sydney deal.
Speaker 7: Well, I've got a feeling that if I said that I would come back to the show, that they would do it in Melbourne.
Speaker 6: Wow, and I wouldn't need to move to Sydney. So okay, So.
Speaker 2: Could you grab your phone right now and send the text because I need a.
Speaker 1: New Zinglandy Cohen. Get him on the phone and say you'll do it. That's the power that you have Gena to reboot a franchise by saying yes, I mean, come on, make your.
Speaker 7: Sleep well I've got some ideas about what I could do in relation to Housewives, but it's not as a cast member.
Speaker 6: So we'll keep that in.
Speaker 7: I'll keep that in the can and maybe we'll have something else to talk about down the track.
Speaker 2: Maybe should we do in the reunion episode?
Speaker 6: Yeah, hosted, Well, that'd be fun. I would actually love to do that.
Speaker 7: You'd call them out on their shit, I would do I would host the reunions.
Speaker 6: Yes, I would do that for sure. Yeah, So talk to us.
Speaker 1: What have we missed?
Speaker 2: You haven't been on Housewives in the most recent season. It's been a few years since then. Apart from you know, its going to work doing the law thing as per usual. What have we missed? What's happening in jenas well?
Speaker 7: So I suppose while being a marriage celebratet and doing you know, practicing in law has been my main gig.
Speaker 6: And then we were in lockdown for a little while.
Speaker 7: You know, as you know we all were, and in Melbourne in particular, I think we were in lockdown a lot longer than you guys were in Sydney, and I think we just lost connection with everybody really for about three years. It feels like so out of the last since since I did Housewives in twenty eighteen. I suppose the last two years have been more than year before Lockdown, and the last year has really just been in practice and now doing this podcast, I'm being a celibate. Did they suspend all of the court stuff during lockdown? Are you doing zoom trials all zoom? Oh god, that weck's actually we'rebeck so zoom. There was a breach of security with zoom?
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 7: So it became WebEx meetings. Yeah, so I would be sitting with my robe and we're gone in my kitchen with a virtual background doing county court.
Speaker 1: Did you find it easier to hand down a verdict digitally? Then it wasn't real life?
Speaker 7: Well, I wasn't handing down decisions because my practice is as a barrister. I'm not on the bench, got it, And so I don't hand down the decisions. I cross examined all lead evidence, a makeop and closing submissions, and I run cases from woe to go and predominantly I prosecute in the children's courts. So it was interesting. My dogs loved it.
Speaker 1: I apologize for getting your job wrong. This is a true story. Once I applied for a job as a barrister, thinking it was barista because I need.
Speaker 6: A work, so you wanted to make coffee, You want to make.
Speaker 1: Coffee, and then I almost doing your line of work, not that I ever could do it right.
Speaker 7: Well, that's interesting because they don't advertise jobs for barristers because you're a sole practitioner, so you go into your own business and a practice. So if anyone ever sees a job for a barrister, know that it is not it's it's not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you have.
Speaker 6: To be admitted to practice.
Speaker 7: You have to pass the bar exam and sign the bar roll and get your practicing cerdiviia.
Speaker 1: And that's not us. That's not a bit of a process. Not really. Well, listen, if you want to get the podcast, you can go and listen to our episode now. It is available Judge Gina on iHeartRadio where you get your podcasts. Great to have you on. This was so much fun.
Speaker 2: Before we let you go, we've got to ask one important question, and we ask all of our guests this same question.
Speaker 1: Yeah we do, we do, yes.
Speaker 2: We just want to know a little thing in life that you appreciate, a little self care thing something like that. We get all our guests to contribute to this list. It's called the List of Things better than drugs and dick. Oh okay, we don't want any of our younger listeners becoming obsessed with either of the two. There's more time things like fresh bed linen, so better than what drugs drugs and dick, drugs and dick. Essentially, it's just a little thing in life you appreciate.
Speaker 7: I'm probably not really in the running for either of those at the moment, so I would say chocolate, chocolate and dogs.
Speaker 4: Dog.
Speaker 6: No one said that before chocolate and dogs.
Speaker 7: I'll tell you what if I've got chocolate and my three dogs on the bed and they all lie on their back, snoring, and they're so content and happy, and I say, God, bless you, darling, and I kiss them and I hug them, and they're the happy little soul.
Speaker 2: And then chocolate.
Speaker 7: But when they hear me say you need to snap the fuck out of her, I'm sick of your indulge, bob fucking shit.
Speaker 6: They run and they hide.
Speaker 7: I would I recognize my voice from the show.
Speaker 2: Oh God? But yeah, all right, added to the list, and our last chance to insult me before we go plan.
Speaker 6: Okay, well, no, I'm not going to insult you.
Speaker 7: What I will say is you better than an insignificant ass here, both of you, So thank you for being on my show.
Speaker 6: And it's been a pleasure to be joining you.
Speaker 1: Oh bless you, Gina. That's lovely.
Speaker 2: Well I want that on my bloody gravestone. Better than an insignificant as a significant aarth here.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Gina. I appreciate it. You're coming on pleasure?
Speaker 6: Thanks?
Speaker 1: Is it just me? You can follow the show online? Just search a couple of mitches. If you don't, you're a tickhead. All right. We've been edging you for weeks, teasing you on socials after the announcement that Mitch and I are boke. If I'm a hunt for a new hobby for whatever reason, I'm looking for a new hobby because I've got a lot of time on my hands now that I'm a single boy. Mitch is looking for another hobby. Why what was your hobby hunt reason?
Speaker 7: Mitch?
Speaker 2: Well, it was kind of a weird coincidence because you told me that you wanted to look for more hobbies, and a couple of weeks prior, my therapist had said to me listen, you've turned your hobby of making videos, podcasting, blah blah blah. You've turned that into your actual job, which means you need new hobbies because they're not your hobbies anymore. That's your work. And so I was going to do this anyway by myself, like a thing on Instagram where I try different hobbies, and then by coincidence, it turned out you were in the mood to do the same thing. So we were like, fuck it, let's make it a thing on the podcast hobby Hunt.
Speaker 1: Correct, And that is where ladies and gentlemen, this was born. Ho Yes, welcome to Hobbyhart everybody, the inaugural Hobbyhart. That is the first time I've heard that, and it sounds like a gay children's boy.
Speaker 2: I did add a little echo we choire effect to that opener, just to make it sound a bit more beautiful. God, you can really hear your voice, Mitch above everyone else's. You sound lovely.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I'm classically trained, so you can hear it. Come out there, yeah, hobby Hunt. Oh my god. This is the first of our few hobbies that we're trying out. And Mitch took the lead this time around, and you led the first hobby Hunt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so this actually wasn't something new for me, which was the whole idea behind hobby Hunt. But I am going to be doing things in the next few weeks during hobby Hunt where it's going to be out of my comfort zone because it's a smack bang in my comfort zone. I dragged you and Jenna along to Scout Polites and Yoga. That's the studio I go to for bar classes, and I wanted you to see what all the fuss is about because I do bang on about it a bit, being like, oh I love bar class. You know, I good enough, And it was actually kind of nice having you guys there. It felt like you were stepping into my world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I completely agree. And the instructor that we had was your normal instructor that teaches you in your weekly classes that.
Speaker 2: You go to correct. Her name's El and she's absolutely gorgeous, So you guys got to meet her. So if you want to head along to our Instagram at couple of mitches, we've got the video, which I feel is highly necessary to really understand what we were doing. I'll do my best to describe it here on the podcast, but the video drops Monday afternoon on Instagram. Make sure you keep an eye out. I feel like I should explain before we get too carried away what bar actually is. It's spelled b are. It's not like a bar as in a pub.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like yoga and pilates, but it incorporates elements of ballet as well, hence the ballet bar that you often lean on. And it says online that bar is a toning workout which engages muscles deep inside your body that your standard exercises like squats and lungeons and sit ups do not reach.
Speaker 1: I agree with that A lot about, to be honest with you, a lot of bounce and up and down. It felt like I was a toddler at some sort of child's class looking at myself in the mirror. But no, I'm not gonna knock it. I'll give you my verdict at the end.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, Well, as you're about to hear, there were muscles that Mitch Jerry didn't know he had, that he discovered in the class. It was quite funny to witness, to be honest, but in this audio, just imagine there being really fun music playing, because obviously we've had to remove the background music and edit it out so that there's no licensing shit. But we started with a dance to a Taylor Swift song. We were doing fucking grape vines, jumping jacks, and even burpies, which are fucked. Like, who doesn't hate burpies? Yet there's something about doing a burpie to a Taylor Swift song that makes me think, actually, I don't mind.
Speaker 1: It was just you know, I just to you. Let's roll it. So this is the warm up? Is it at the bar? Class?
Speaker 2: Beautiful elis here and instruct that today?
Speaker 4: Got any words of warning for cheery here? What can you expect? They're heavier than they look?
Speaker 3: Oh, Mitch and Jenna?
Speaker 9: Yeah yeah, yeah, definitely, yeah, completely, it's gonna hurt. Okay, you're gonna sweat yep, and you're definitely going.
Speaker 4: To dance like a pro.
Speaker 2: Oh we can do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's like a normal Satday night.
Speaker 4: Now, do you want to dance? Warm up? Are we better?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yes, one dance warm up?
Speaker 3: Let's do it. My heart right's already at one twenty? Is that a problem and I haven't?
Speaker 9: Well, it's about to lift up. We're going to do my favorite warm up dance. It's maybe Taylor Swift.
Speaker 6: We may be about to shake it off.
Speaker 9: Okay, fantastic, All right, we're going to go for a little grape mind.
Speaker 4: Do we know how to do that? One? We go to the side, We have a little clap.
Speaker 3: Can you kick yourself in the.
Speaker 4: Bike so I don't have to?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Can you ever required? Have you done this before?
Speaker 5: I'm simba enthusias?
Speaker 4: Oh, zomber Is it anything like boomba bar class?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: Oh, except for the dance part. There's music.
Speaker 3: Let's kick it out again.
Speaker 4: I'd lied to you. Generally, it's like saying, it's like now for I'm.
Speaker 3: Here, We're going to do a Plati's berth.
Speaker 7: Are you ready?
Speaker 3: We go down, play your hands, step it out, step it in.
Speaker 5: Now you can go a bit harder.
Speaker 4: We can make it a little jump if you like. Yeah, there we go.
Speaker 3: Do you just have a DC on site?
Speaker 7: Just?
Speaker 4: I hope I may never have to use one. Isn't this more fun than your hot girl war full shift? About that? This is a warmer. We haven't even gotten the bar involved mate.
Speaker 1: Fucking hell, that was pre bar involvement.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, And so we eventually did get the bar involved. We had like one hand holding onto the bar for support while we were doing some pleaaids, which is where the ballet influence comes into it. So obviously you'll see it in the video, but for now, just picture us doing slut drops on our tippy toes. That's pretty much what we were doing. And it was also at this point what you're about to hear. While we were doing the plaase that you, Mitch decided to do like a parent teacher interview with l who's my regular instructor and gets some feedback on how I do in class, which made me very nervous.
Speaker 6: All right, here it is, let's do some plas.
Speaker 4: That's what we came for, right, Is that like a baked good?
Speaker 9: Yes, Fanta, it's this beautiful little cinnamon scroll thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm down.
Speaker 9: Tail shoots to the floor.
Speaker 3: Where did that come from? That's in the quad.
Speaker 9: All little squeezes up doesn't hurt it all. No, it's a smile, not a grimmace. Sure in there for three two one, we're gonna lift all the way upstands super tall, keep your heels lifted.
Speaker 3: Elle, Yes, did you treat Mitch?
Speaker 10: And I say treat because I feel this is a mental condition on a daily basis, on a weekly basis. If this was like a parent teacher interview, Yes, and I'm his parent and I ask, how is my gorgeous child doing?
Speaker 3: What is your review and take on Mitchell's ability to.
Speaker 2: Look me.
Speaker 9: She's nailing the plia. He's really nailing it. I'm going to give him an a plus for that.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm not about general classes like normal classes.
Speaker 9: Oh he's getting so strong. I'm actually very impressed.
Speaker 4: Oh well he has to take a bower right now? Did you do that make you good at sport?
Speaker 7: That?
Speaker 1: Does that, Mitch? Make you feel good? Because I know you were anxious about doing it in front of her and bringing us to the studio that you go to space.
Speaker 2: Yeah, remember I told you guys, before we agreed to do this and before we organize the bar class that I was like, I just think l is so cool and if we were in high school together, I would think, Oh, she's too cool for me. I can't talk to her. She's one of the cool kids. So when you asked her to give feedback, I was like, this could crush me. Like she has that favorite teacher energy where if they ever said anything bad about you, it would just destroy you. And I thought, oh my god, if she says I'm bad at Bar, I might cry. Yeah, there's not many people on planet Earth that have that sort of fucking power over me.
Speaker 1: She's very cool, like I was very intimidated by. And the way you fucking positioned it was genner at the back. You're in the middle that I'm at the front, in front of the instructor. And I've never done it before. It's like putting a ninety year old woman in exit row on a Virgin fly.
Speaker 4: I needed you up the.
Speaker 2: Front so you could pay attention because I've done it a million times before, mate, true, true, And I.
Speaker 1: Think you just wanted to check out my ass, to be perfectly honest with you.
Speaker 2: I was checking out my own in the mirror, just quietly.
Speaker 1: I was checking out yours too. What do we do next? Because I've mentally blocked it all out.
Speaker 2: So this is when we did like fuck, it's hard to describe. It was when we like did those flamingo neils, so like you know when you go to church and they make you genuflect at the altar, like get on one knee. Actually, the way I described it was. It's like you're getting down on one knee to propose, but then before your knee hits the ground, you change your mind and go op. Actually I'm not proposing, So it's like you get down on one knee, but your knee never touches the ground. You just go up and down and it fucking burns.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this was really hard. This was not This was like the middle of a class. Would you say?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And this is also the part where I was a bit embarrassed because you kept asking l questions and some of them were so inappropriate. As you're about to hear.
Speaker 4: All right, let's stand and face the bar.
Speaker 9: Let's bring the shoulders relaxed by our sides. Our feet are in parallel on train tracks. Slift your right leg for me. You're a little flamingo. Okay, you know I was gonna say that, but it's true.
Speaker 4: All right, here we go.
Speaker 9: Can we sit all the way back so that our shin hovers above the match?
Speaker 4: Eggs lifted, Let's go a little bit.
Speaker 3: Quicker muscles are being activated that have never been used since I came out of the womb. I think I'm regrowing an umbilical cord.
Speaker 9: Oh, you need to jump a little bit closer to that bar.
Speaker 3: I'm actually yeah, Now would you say my quad's are gorgeous?
Speaker 4: I would say that, Yes, I know a good cord when I see ye.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Now my penis has gone fully in?
Speaker 4: Is that normal?
Speaker 9: I can't comment.
Speaker 4: Okay, don't speak to my teacher line show my faith here again.
Speaker 1: I'm asking serious questions.
Speaker 9: You get some overshare sometimes.
Speaker 5: That was definitely next level.
Speaker 3: That's all the indolphins. Dolphins don't I can't focus.
Speaker 2: Dolphins that you told her your penis was inverted.
Speaker 1: I was like, Mitchell, she's sweet. She appreciate didn't appreciate it, I'm sure, but she like she was fine. She handled that like she's fine. She's fine.
Speaker 2: She's a good sport. You asked a lot of questions of l Some were inappropriate, some of them were actually quite interesting. This is when you asked about the history of pilates and I didn't even know this.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, ell, can you quit?
Speaker 3: What's the go with pilarates? Is it like a new thing? What's the do you have like a story of pilates?
Speaker 9: Pilates are very old, really, yes, so Joseph Pillartes invented it in the twenties. Let's pulse here, a little pulse. So it started out originally the exercises. He was inspired by gymnastics and boxing, that's the true that he got inspired by. But when he was a prisoner of war, Wow, decided to find exercise as he could do in a self in four three two. So by the time he moved to America in the forties, he started Joe's Jim was not called pilates. It was called contrology, and his whole thing was actually about finding control.
Speaker 3: Was it a cult or he was totally doesn't it does sound it starts in a prison cell and ends at a gym. Okay, so was he he had to be gay? I mean this is straight. I really closeted.
Speaker 4: No, he had.
Speaker 9: He had multiple wives and very pretty ballerina lovers.
Speaker 3: Wow, let's go, well, surely that's ten reps.
Speaker 1: So disrespectful. I just yelled back at her, so rude, Mitchel, I don't listen.
Speaker 2: You were trying to distract her, weren't you. But the whole time she's giving you the history lesson but still and pulse.
Speaker 1: And up like she was not going to be thrown So impressive, and he spent time in a prison mal Narish Daily three.
Speaker 2: Two Like, if that doesn't convince you to sign up for Pilarates, what will?
Speaker 4: True?
Speaker 2: You can do it in prison?
Speaker 1: True, I know, true, very impressive. I love that history. I can't believe that a man in prison, he's so gay. By the way, started Pilarates. Good history.
Speaker 2: Yeah, anyway, so I'll play one more for you. So this is when we were doing a balancing exercise and I'm really shit at those, because even after all these months of classes, I cannot balance to save my life. And so we were sort of lunging one foot forward, one foot behind us on the mat, but then we lifted the back foot and so we're balancing on one and the whole time we also had hand weights in our hands to make it even harder. But this was the point, Mitch, Remember how you didn't realize you thought we were being offered something else other than hand weights.
Speaker 1: I misheard. I misheard. I was clearly very hungry. Yeah, this was a very awkward moment.
Speaker 4: All right, We're going to do some handweights.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 9: Now I'm going to warn you this is high rep even though slow load, so.
Speaker 3: Don't be deceived to one point five kits. Why they call it handweights?
Speaker 4: How are you holding them made?
Speaker 2: Let's think about it.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I thought she said ham weights, ham weight.
Speaker 1: Yes, I seriously thought you said that way you said, Oh yeah, I'm not even making a dumb Jos's going to bring out a Christmas ham and go lift it.
Speaker 5: That's what we trained for.
Speaker 3: Donnie's good. I thought you were going to give me some wine.
Speaker 9: Let's all face outwards.
Speaker 4: We're going to stand right, foot forwards.
Speaker 9: Okay, we're going to find our lunch position here, so your front knee stacks over your front ankle. Take those handwights back behind you. Now from here we're going to lift that backfoot. We're going to squeeze the weights in a little bicep, curl and stretch it back. Find your balance exhaler lifted up, stretch it back. So we do a lot of balance work in bar. What's the reason again, So that when you're eighty you don't have to lean on a piece of furniture to put your on pants on.
Speaker 4: That's why eighty Yeah, yeah, balance, I'm the worth.
Speaker 7: That all that.
Speaker 9: But balance, just like any other aspect of fitness, can be trained. I don't like endurance just like strength. Just like your health, balance is trainable.
Speaker 4: Is it normal to not be able to balance on one side walk? Yes?
Speaker 6: That is really normal.
Speaker 9: Oh god, unfortunately we're all a little uneven.
Speaker 3: Well did you ever we fit bored when you were a child?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: I did.
Speaker 3: Interesting, that shocks me.
Speaker 4: You've got to admit, though, Mitchell.
Speaker 2: For someone like me with ady h D, it doesn't get boring because they move They move on so quick and keep it interesting.
Speaker 3: This has been so quick the idea of going for.
Speaker 4: A fifty minute walk makes me sick.
Speaker 1: Oh god, I was so rude to bored. It was very shocking that she didn't.
Speaker 2: Oh I think she frothed it.
Speaker 1: To be honest, Oh okay, so that is our hobby hunt hobby number one at a bar class at the Polate Studio.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to be honest, that's pretty much as much audio as we can play on the podcast, because it was at this point in the class that like, we all got so puffed we couldn't freakin talk. So you're gonna have to check out the video, like I said at couple of mitches on Instagram, if you want to see the part where we've really start to struggle.
Speaker 1: It was really hard. So I will say, let's make a decision. Now, are we going to continue with this hobby? Will we power through? Mitch? I mean you go first. I think I know your answer.
Speaker 4: Of course.
Speaker 2: The one thing I hate about being back home in bog Andgate at the moment is that I'm missing my bar classes.
Speaker 1: Okay, so yeah, it's a no brainer. Mitch is continuing, but I might even up at three a week. Fuck it a lot, Jenna, Will you continue bar.
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 5: I was lied to. I told that bar was similar to zumba. Huh, But you know what, I enjoyed it. I had a lot of fun and I will be back.
Speaker 3: You'll be back? Yes?
Speaker 2: Why fabulous?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Right, Well my verdict, will I a tender bar class? And will I continue on? The answer will shock nobody? No, I will not. I'm not going to bar. I didn't enjoy it. I don't like it. I'm in hot girl walks, that's all I need. Maybe down the track. I'm not ruling it out for a turn. No, I don't. I don't like it. I didn't enjoy it, and I felt very uncomfortable looking at myself in the mirror of the whole time. That doesn't get me off.
Speaker 2: I mean, no one's telling you to do it instead of hot girl walks. I did both, Yeah, but.
Speaker 1: I enjoyed it. I just can't see it fitting into my life at the moment. And that's the truth.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well I tried. Like I said, it's perfect for people like me with ADHD who find exercise really fucking boring, like it just flies by the class. I'm like, oh my god, it's been an.
Speaker 1: Hour already, does fly by.
Speaker 2: It's the first time I found exercise fun, which I feel like that is a good thing, right.
Speaker 1: I completely agree, and that yes, and that's what it's all about, to be honest with me.
Speaker 6: John, my god, what are you doing.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I'm just googling Joseph Pillarate's Oh my god, that is a puff if ever I've seen. Oh my god, Mitchell, You've got to google this. Look at him already him.
Speaker 2: He looks so uncomfortable, Mitchell.
Speaker 1: His The first shot is him arching his back for the camera. I mean, I've seen a couple of those photos of my snapchat last week. I look at him with the women, I mean, look at the body on him. Though he's very fitly. You want to know a crazy fact that I had a bio scan done at my gym. This week, I've gone from thirty nine percent body fat to twenty four when last week. Oh god, we've got to go. We need to get out of here. The next hobby will be announced soon. We're not going to tell you, but let's just say it's essensual sexy activity.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we'll bring that to you in a couple of weeks. And again, thank you to Scout Polates and Yoga for having this. They're in Saint Peter's and Marrickville in the nuest of Sydney. They just go just I love them.
Speaker 1: I really enjoyed and the studio is beautiful, like it's really.
Speaker 5: Really Did you see the bathrooms?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I did.
Speaker 1: I got changed into my athletic war in the bathrooms, which you can watch. By the way, the video will be out very soon. Should we give a little code word to our like to the listeners that have listened on Sunday Night.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, like something to comment on the videos to prove that they're one of our MVPs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, the video is not out at the time that this podcast has first been launched, So if you're listening to this on a Sunday. You're an early bird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it'll be Monday afternoon. We'll drop the video on Instagram.
Speaker 1: You need to comment something, and then we know that you're an OG early bird. Why don't we get your comment? Shit Coombs looks barred up. No, don't do.
Speaker 7: It.
Speaker 1: A cheery looks bard up.
Speaker 5: I was half there anyway, Jenna looks bard up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, just say this has got me barred up. But it's b A R R E D.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, this looks so hard. Should all be behind bars but spelled b right, this.
Speaker 2: Video is so inspiring. Can't wait to get barred up myself.
Speaker 1: You've always have really raised the bar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just any sort of bar pun comment that Yeah, okay, any bar party.
Speaker 1: Well know you're an OG. All right, Well, we'll continue the hobbyhint in the following weeks. Leave us a five star review if you haven't before, on Spotify or Apple Podcasts, and we will see you all next week.
Speaker 2: And also, by the way, keep the suggestions coming about what hobbies you think we should try, because we're open to anything. I dragged Mitch Cherry to an exercise class for God's sake.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, and I did it. And I was committed and I enjoyed it.
Speaker 2: Keep the suggestions coming.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll see you in a week.
Speaker 2: See you guys, enjoy the pub Mitchell, thanks, I'll catch you to an idiot?
Speaker 6: So fuck?
Speaker 4: Is it just me?
Speaker 6: A podcast by a couple of mitches.
Speaker 1: Make sure you've hit follow on your podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome to add brief. This is our secret segment.
Speaker 8: On the end.
Speaker 2: We pretend the show's over, but it is not. We keep talking shit, we just carry on. I am flying out to Melbourne at eight in the morning. Everyone, Oh, how excited before?
Speaker 1: I just wanted a little get away, Like you know, it's been a lot the last couple of months, and I needed to I was going to go to Fiji as we knew, we know that came, we knew. And my friend is house sitting this gorgeous apartment, my cousin actually he and his wife, and they're like, we've got five bedrooms in this apartment in Collingwood. Do you want to come? And I don't work Fridays, so I'm flying up Friday morning and I'll have a Friday, Saturday Sunday and it will be yeah, it'll be nice.
Speaker 2: Fo Yeah, Yeah, that's pretty much the same reason that I came to visit Bogan Gate gave. Mom and Dad are overseas and I just wanted a bit of shush time. Not that they ever imposed when I visit them, but I was like, yeah, I'll I'll just rack off to the farm for a bit and you know, just a bit of a loan time, bit of shush time in the car as well. It was actually I heard the most random fucking thing on the radio when I was driving out here. I was listening to your mates WSFM, Jenna station did you Go music? Well questionable anyway, I heard the news on WSFM, and the news three to goes Oh, the voiceover artist behind Mario has retired. He'd previously said that he will do it till he dies, but he's now retired. And I thought to myself, how busy are you as the voiceover for Mario? How often do they need you in the fucking studio voicing fresh Mario takes like doesn't he just say it's me Mario and they can use that same grab over and over again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true. Also, Mario's vocabulary, He's got awfully broken English, so he doesn't say many words other than Aha, hey, bitch boo.
Speaker 4: And then.
Speaker 2: Mario have a conversation.
Speaker 1: Well, in the Mario movie, there was a big debarkle because they cast Chris Pratt as Mario. This actor, he's only the voice of Mario in all the games. He's not the voice of Mario in any of the films, right.
Speaker 2: So that actually emphasizes my point. How fucking busy was he if he only does the games? How often do they release new Mario's on the switch or whatever? And they could just hear the old audio? Surely true, he's fucking rich.
Speaker 1: Also, guys Ai works wonders and Mario doesn't say much, so Ai could easily create a Mario artist that sounds like the one that we know and love. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Actually, apparently this guy Jenna can you google what his name was? I can't remember that part, but apparently this voiceover guy that's retired from Mario he was also Luigi. Oh shit, he also did a Leggi hand on heart. Never fucking heard Luigi talk ever.
Speaker 1: Oh, Mitchell, you're not a Mario fan. I love Luigi. Luigi's mansion was so good. Luigi's shy and very scared of things, So Luigi's more Luigi. Well they do, they just say their names.
Speaker 5: Okay, his name is Charles Martinett. They are sixty seven years old.
Speaker 1: Fuck, he's called it early, hasn't he?
Speaker 5: And yes, he portrayed both Mario and Luigi in the Super Mario video game series.
Speaker 1: So that's it interesting. I'm going to google.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that's what we should get people to comment on the video.
Speaker 1: It's a mere barrio bardioy.
Speaker 2: I just found the whole thing very confusing. It was major news that the voice of Mario retired, and I was like, how fucking busy was he? Exactly what was he doing?
Speaker 1: I wonder if he's absolutely loaded? Jenny? Can you google Kenny Ortager? Whatever the fuck his name wasn't networth you take? Because you'd think Mario is just a global brand. You'd think that he'd be rich from royalties.
Speaker 5: According to sports Keta, he has a net worth of ten million.
Speaker 1: Sports Keta is that like al Kaider, but they play soccer. We're a terrorist organization? Are we going to terrorize you with quidditch?
Speaker 2: Okay, maybe I underestimated the commitment required because I've just googled most recent Mario game release. There was Mario and Rabbits, Yep, Boughts of Hope, Mario Striker's Battle League, Got Mario Party, Superstars, Mario Golf Super Rush, Mario Super Mario three D Well and this is all twenty twenty onwards. There's been quite a few in the last year.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: He also portrayed a prostitute in Police Quest Open Season.
Speaker 1: Interesting. That's a very I knew.
Speaker 2: I recognize him from somewhere.
Speaker 1: House spoken Gate. Are your parents enjoying their trip?
Speaker 2: They seem to be. Yeah, every day because of the time zone thing. We wake up to the family group chat being spammed with a lot of things, and only sometimes will Dad caption the photos. Other times it's just out of context random photos of a bush or a hedge or something, And I'm like, babes, the whole point of going to Europe is to make people jealous on social media. Don't just pop these in the group chat, post them publicly.
Speaker 1: Totally forgot that you've saved up for this tree flaunted.
Speaker 2: I don't even know if it was a problem of saving up. I just think that they were always too nervous to deal with the logistics and admin of going overseas, which I fucking inherited that trait myself. But when Auntie Trish was like, right, I'm going I'll organize everything and you just come with me, they were like, sweat, that's a good deal.
Speaker 1: God, that's ideal. My parents are exactly the same. They'll only go if we organize it, or if it's organized twelve months in advance. Like the most recent Hawaii trip to get all my family over there. Oh god, it was a pain in the ass to organize.
Speaker 2: I can't imagine you dealing with that.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: I did an organize a thing and I just sat on the light and got upgraded the business class and fell asleep after one to Mosa in his NX, it was great.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Right. See, that's the thing I keep bitching about the fact that I haven't had a proper holiday in ages, Like I've done weekends away and things like that. But I'm like, I'm talking to proper holiday going to a resort.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And the.
Speaker 2: Reason is I'm just fucking waiting for someone else to organize it and do all the appmin and then be like, oh, I do you want to come with because then I'm there with bells on. But I don't want the organizer. I used to be the organizer in my friend group and I quit years ago. It was too hard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a big role to be the group organizer, you know what, all that stress and drama. Let someone else do it.
Speaker 2: I know, because when I'm dealing with something like, hey, guys, are you free on this date?
Speaker 1: I'll book it.
Speaker 2: I like to hyper focus and just get it done. All it takes is one motherfucker in the group chat not replying, and I'm like, come.
Speaker 1: On, I'm just waving furious.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, I'm with you on that.
Speaker 2: I haven't. I haven't been the group organizer for fucking years.
Speaker 6: You are on this show, though, Yeah, true, Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 2: That can be a handful.
Speaker 1: Don't quit that job. I can run it though. I've got things organized and ready up my sleeve.
Speaker 2: Really, Wow, you're the glue. You're the fucking glue of this podcast.
Speaker 1: Just crack it up and I can. Oh, Jenna's shaking it up. That'd be stupid, Jenna, Now, she sip in the froth. Stop making eye contact your group. Jenna's phone. Your phone's ringing.
Speaker 2: It's a good song.
Speaker 1: It's on, Jennith, She's answered, who is it?
Speaker 6: It's your nan?
Speaker 1: Calling you interest.
Speaker 2: They used to go to school together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course, yeah, no, of course good friends.
Speaker 2: Can you hear the kafuffle happening in the kitchen on the other side of the wall.
Speaker 1: Can you put the mic? Like, just open the door and put the mic out of the crack really quickly. I just want to get some ambiance.
Speaker 2: I don't know how much they'll be. Not a lot going on.
Speaker 1: I thought you said there was a commercial kitchen behind you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's down there.
Speaker 4: It's on the other side of this wall.
Speaker 2: This is a hallway.
Speaker 1: Oh down the hall So what yah, You're gonna have to get up now and go. Thanks Jill. The office was lovely recorded my gay podcast. Have a great night tonight with meal service.
Speaker 2: I might even stick around for a feed, who knows.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so what is your plan tonight? You're going to have a pub feed and then what FaceTime Sean and then go home and watch the Telly.
Speaker 2: I don't know, don't really have a plan.
Speaker 1: It's just so interesting. What a lovely little If you doing the groceries, you go on shopping, do you have an IgA in town?
Speaker 2: No, there's no supermarket here, but it's like a half hour drive to get to Forbes of parks. But I kind of forgot to factor that in that one of the most relaxing things about coming home is being doted on, Like Mum does all the cooking, She'll offer to do washing, and I kind of forgot to factor in that I have to look after myself. It's bullshit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get you, I get you.
Speaker 2: But one of our family friends is staying as well. Oh that's good.
Speaker 1: Oh at the house.
Speaker 2: So I'm not totally offending for myself.
Speaker 1: No, it's like you've got a house mate for the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 1: And he's Mark in town.
Speaker 2: No, he doesn't live here.
Speaker 1: Oh, your brother's not there.
Speaker 2: I called him the other day because I was I was kind of fucking around with this in joke that I'm in charge of the farm now I've taken over. Well, Mom and Dad away, I'm in charge, and I was kind of trolling mom and dad in the family group chat and saying, I'm making all these changes, I'm going to knock a ball out, I'm doing Reno's And as a joke, I called my brother to be like, hey, seeing as you're a trade, can you make the call? Is it fine if I just knocked this wall. It should be fine, right, and he goes, yeah, it might be load bearing. You'll have to climb up the manhole and check if it's not load bearing. Do you know what a manhole is? And I said, mate, do I just remember who you're talking to. And then like ten seconds later, he goes, oh, I just got that.
Speaker 1: You're like, you're gonna have to send me some photos of a man holemade. I can't quite put my mind to it. You're gonna have to send me some pics.
Speaker 2: And then I wrote in the group chat, Hi, Mum and Dad mark sun an initial whisk assessment, and he said that it should be right to knock this wall down. Where's the hammer? Where do I find that? I'm just fucking with them, acting like I'm making all these changes.
Speaker 1: Do they freak out? Are they they think it's funny.
Speaker 2: No, they just went along with it. But little do they know the destruction. Little do they know? They know?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they now have a tent for a house.
Speaker 2: Did it go to minor ten or something and buy some caution tape like under construction. I'll just leave that in the kitchen.
Speaker 1: Yes, why don't you just put their house up for sale and put a fourth our side out the front.
Speaker 2: I did also say when I was trolling Mum and Dad, I was like, by the way, the name have made an offer that I'd be stupid to refuse.
Speaker 1: You might not have a home to come home to, should you set tea up at auction? I know? All right, guys, Well hit us up in the DMS if you want to chat anything about the show, and of course that video, the Polates la Bar video will be up tomorrow, but go comment so we know that you heard the show early.
Speaker 2: We've given everyone a lot of homework this episode. Go listen to Judge Gina which drops some Monday morning, and then go to our Instagram and watch the video of us at bar class as part of Hobby Hunt on Monday afternoon. That's all we ask of you. And also leave a five star rating.
Speaker 1: That is quite a bit. It pays yourself. You up plenty of your time. But yeah, you essentially have two episodes of us this week. You've got this and you've got us on Judge Gina.
Speaker 2: So to comment that you're bought up on the video, that's all your homework and we will be checking hard.
Speaker 1: It's not hard to send and send mitch Manhole pics. It's not hard. Just get it done and do it all right. We'll see you guys in a week.
Speaker 2: Enjoy bowing, hang on, hang the fuck on. We hope this podcast made you feel at least three better today. That's all just three percent.
Speaker 1: So we do, so, we do. There, we do.
Speaker 2: All right, you're all dismissed class, but don't forget your homework.
Speaker 1: Get your homework done. Don't be tarty Sita next week. Everybody, Bye, bab love you tell ya bank?
Speaker 4: Is It just Me?
Speaker 6: A podcast by a couple of meches.
Speaker 1: Make sure you've hit follow on your podcast app.