Speaker 1: One in ten to seven Thirst of Money God one a four point three Christian O'Connell show. The drawer I'm most friend of in the kitchen is the tupperwear drawer.
Speaker 2: It's Jesus, looks like.
Speaker 1: A spider's nests. I panic opening it because it's like a chack in box. Everything's just a tup of way. You can't find the right lid with it. It's my wife's favorite draw of the house. I can always tower wisk can be one those days on a Sunday afternoon when she starts getting it all out and trying to find the lids with it. You know, like missing socks. People talk about pairing up the socks, pairing up the tup of work.
Speaker 2: The lid with the main thing is my ear hell.
Speaker 3: That's where we don't have any tubes of that tup ofwar drawer that match the lid except for you know, it's a one f's one scenario.
Speaker 2: One of yours is immaculately ordered past.
Speaker 4: Well, you know what there's secret is you just put the lids back on them so when you get them out of the dish as you stuck.
Speaker 1: Oh easy, because I used like a nesting thing. You know, one goes in, one goes in, so like that like the.
Speaker 4: Bush go dolls. Yeah, yeah, No, we've got we've got a really big pantry and.
Speaker 3: I just I've got three big must be nice, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: In the bottom of it, humble broke a bigs of pantry coilling now four one four one o four three, Why.
Speaker 2: Don't you rent it out? Make some money. On the side of there, got some backpack of some island living in there.
Speaker 4: I've got three big After twenty five years of being in the house, I've perfected the tup ofwair cupboard. I just have three big troughs like you know those big containers you get it Camart for storage storage containers.
Speaker 2: I'm not already seen a trough there. You mean like a horse feed out.
Speaker 4: It's just as bad as big. So I've got three next to each other, so I can just put the lids on top of them and they're all neatly all in there.
Speaker 2: I don't have that kind of room. Just a word in my life.
Speaker 3: We've got one drawing and shoving.
Speaker 5: In the yah.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, it doesn't even close fully because some of them are like peeking out trying to get out like some sort of toy story escape thing going on.
Speaker 3: When was the last time you actually tried to buy tuppleware? The brand Tuppleware.
Speaker 2: We've got some kind of thing.
Speaker 3: There's a whole lot of likes now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's so expensive.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know where I was shopping for it, but I went to find some tupperware and the vintage stuff that looks like the stuff that we had in our houses thirty years ago, one hundred and fifty bucks for five bucks top.
Speaker 4: Because it's retro, it's all back in Ye.
Speaker 2: She remember did your mom ever go to those Tupperware parties? My mummy to host.
Speaker 1: Them, Yeah, constantly, Yeah, she you'd see the next day.
Speaker 2: Hold, where were you a Tuperware party?
Speaker 4: It is good stuff.
Speaker 2: I know the Toperware parties still exist.
Speaker 3: I'd love to know if someone's throwing a party this long weekend.
Speaker 2: Jack, someone commit this right now? Who is a Tupperware salesperson?
Speaker 1: Because because they're go into a demonstration, don't they and that they go around houses and then they start.
Speaker 2: Selling this stuff.
Speaker 1: I'd love to know if anyone does actually sell that and they still have Tupperware parties or nine four one four one oh four three.
Speaker 2: So this stuff was hundred and fifty bucks.
Speaker 3: It's so expensive. We should host if no one's doing touperwear parties anymore.
Speaker 1: We're coming on the show top part of that. Yeah, yeah, I might miss that one show.
Speaker 4: I'd love doing that.
Speaker 1: Do tupperware parties still exist? To remember my mum going to tupperware parties when I was a kid? Are they still a thing? Ninety four one oh four three. A producers just furnished chat with a lot of Tupperware facts.
Speaker 2: What have you got there?
Speaker 3: Tupperware was created by cereal inventor Earl Tupper in the nineteen forties.
Speaker 1: Wow, a lot of these earls invented stuff like I think the sandwich is invented by Earl Sandwich.
Speaker 3: I think this guy's just name was Earl, though he wasn't an earl like a Oh, I see it right right? How's this goodness? Book of Rail Records named tupperware the greatest invention of the twentieth century.
Speaker 1: The greatest toperware. I mean it's just an airtight container. I mean it's a great thing, still loved and used my homes all over the world. But it's not the one of the greatest invention of the twentieth century. Christian Now, my wife threw a Tupperware party and only two people from work came. A couple months later she show a sex toy party and about ten people came to that.
Speaker 2: You know what the answer is, tup of wear sex toys.
Speaker 3: You know, probably the same type of plastics can be used.
Speaker 2: Any molding and that reasonable lids. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Janelle, Good morning, Good morning, Good morning, jew I hope you're well and welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: So listen, Janelle, have you have you been to a Tupperware party? Are they still a thing?
Speaker 6: I hosted a Tupperware party during lockdown and it was done over Facebook.
Speaker 1: I mean, look whatever, it's We were desperate anything to get us through the dark days of lockdown, even hosting a not online on Facebook tupperware party.
Speaker 2: So how did it work? You could buy the stuff at discount. What was it?
Speaker 6: Well, it was the same as a normal party. She just hosted it, or she just displayed the items through a live video and everybody just joined in and watched on Facebook.
Speaker 2: It seems the way you describe your it seems could be bleeved.
Speaker 3: They were dark they were.
Speaker 1: They were this in a nutshell? Is how bad it got that we were having tuperwear parties? But wait for it online with a lady going Now you can see here the four classes open up. No air is getting in and out of that. Yeah, how buy three? Just make it go away.
Speaker 2: Perhaps this is what you should do for you. Mum's aties this weekend.
Speaker 4: Oh no, Mum's had more than her share of just done everything, candle parties, tupperware parties, perfume parties, everything, She's done it.
Speaker 2: Sharon's on the line, Good morning, Sharon, Molly.
Speaker 5: How are you today?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're going to Sharon. So do you sell tupperware? I do.
Speaker 5: I've been doing it for about two years. I have a great VIP group on Facebook. I've done a couple of in home parties and I love doing online parties and spoiling my hosts and doing cooking demos. I love doing cooking demonstrations.
Speaker 2: So what are cooking for? Like leftovers or how you store the food in them? Well?
Speaker 5: I actually do a whole cook I have all the ingredients out ready and I tell them when I'm.
Speaker 1: Cooking, save cooking dinner, just say yeah, yeah, we'll buy those come back again Tuesday looking at prices at the moment, just getting the feel for it, you know, but we should have come back and do full cook this time.
Speaker 2: He's on the chili those.
Speaker 5: My partner loves it because we've always got dinner after I've done a demo.
Speaker 3: So you work for Tapperware or are you just put your hands up?
Speaker 5: Yeah? But consultant? So you just join up, grab a kit and then you can either just tell to your family and friends or do what I do and try to make a little side hustle out of it.
Speaker 1: And so what are There's still loads of people doing this, So I'm guessing you play some sort of community all over the over Australia.
Speaker 6: On that.
Speaker 5: I think it's over well over ten thousand consultants in Australia.
Speaker 2: You are looking. This goes right to the top.
Speaker 3: It's bigger than school.
Speaker 2: Is there Illuminati? The Topperati?
Speaker 3: They're amongst us, your neighbors, your.
Speaker 2: Friend, anyone could be selling tupper work.
Speaker 5: It's a wonderful thing. You don't want to better and we cook better.
Speaker 4: You know what I love about Tupperware is the lifetime guarantee on the lids.
Speaker 2: I didn't even know they had that.
Speaker 4: I feel like I'm at the party now, Mum's got tup Aware from like the seventies?
Speaker 2: Is that RAI they've got a lifetime guarantee.
Speaker 5: Yes they do, but with the warranty now that if they don't actually have that product anymore that you know from the seventies, they'll give you a voucher that you can spend on purchasing something similar.
Speaker 4: Yep, how good is that?
Speaker 3: I think this is why the stuff I found online was so expensive, because it was that vintage stuff that looked like from the seventies and eighties, the.
Speaker 5: Ones that we want the vintage. Don't buy the vintage. The vintage you have isn't bp a free? Oh and Tupware now do a lot of recycled plastic is very very the biggest eco conscious company, Sharon.
Speaker 1: If you were setting, I might a you get a tup of wad coffin you know that resingle that way arrive at my next life Foil Fresh