Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Outspoken. It's your dose of the hottest influencer and pop culture news twice a week. I'm Kate Torbert and coming up on today's show, Indie Clinton hunts down trolls with the help of a PI so for Dopha Islam for being clueless after her kmart Hale, Tullie Smythe and Michael Staples surprise passed, and Ella Ding defends her decision to monetize her pregnancy announcement. But first, Tammy Hembro has taken a dig at her husband Matsakowski while she's away in Egypt.
Speaker 2: Isn't his Egypt trip very random?
Speaker 1: She is currently there hosting fans on an aw Adventurer event. It is the second trip that she's done with the travel company, and listeners will remember that late last year she hosted fans on a trip in Greece, which got a lot of flat for being very expensive. Now, Matsakowski didn't attend the trip to Greece, and it's clear he's not in Egypt at the moment with Tammy. He's in Melbourne hanging out with his family and his sister's Golden retriever. It's like he wants everyone to know he's in Melbourne. That's the vibe that I'm getting now going back to this trip, it spans eight days and it is incredibly expensive for fans, so a private room will set you back over seven five hundred dollars, whilst a twin room costs around six thousand dollars. I mean, you may as well go for the private room. I don't really get the connection between Tammy and Egypt because it's being promoted that she's going to be helping guide the tour. I laughed when I read that, because she is going to be appearing alongside an Egyptologist. I believe that's how you renounce it, so basically someone who is an expert in Egyptian history. And it's funny because on the website it says that they will ensure an unforgettable adventure filled with history, culture and connection. I'm assuming that Tammy's role is bringing the connection amongst the group, not the history side of things. It seems like she's learnt a lot already on this trip. She's been gushing about a lot of the historical facts that she's learned along the way, because they've been doing a lot of activity. So they've included explore wearing the Pyramids of Geezer, sailing the Nile at sunset, They've done a traditional dinner, they visited temples.
Speaker 2: They've also done a.
Speaker 1: Cooking class and enjoyed a sunrise over the Sphinx.
Speaker 2: So it seems like it's been a very cultural trip.
Speaker 1: Was the traditional dinner that thing where I saw there was this guy making some sort of meal and he spoonfed Tammy hembro. I must have miss that. It was rather awkward. I was surprised it ended up on her story. Well, Tammy has been sharing about all of the women on the trip, so she put up a post where she tagged every single follower slash fan who was there. I wonder if that is part of what they're paying for, exposure to her millions and millions of followers, or just the fact that they get to hang out with her. Oh, it's definitely just hanging out with Tammy. I wonder if they're trying to get all the details on the potential marriage breakdown. I mean, she has been wearing her rings over there. Yeah, I was surprised to see she was wearing her rings. Also from a safety perspective, I wouldn't want to be traveling with that massive diamond on my finger. Now. While exploring the temples, Tammy appeared to make a subtle dig at her austraynge her husband, Matt Sakowski. So she shared a photo of a tomb and wrote, he built this temple dedicated to his wife because he loved her so much. Okay, I want to point out that I am nowhere close to being an Egyptologist, but I did do a bit of research into this tomb, and apparently the pharaoh in question who helped build it described his wife as his favorite wife. I mean, that's a good thing, and referred to her as the one whom the sun shines for. So it was very romantic. So on one hand, we've got this guy four thousand years ago building a temple out of sand to show how much he loved and respected his wife. Fast forward to twenty twenty five, and we've got Matt Szakowski and Tammy hembro unfollowing each other weeks before their nupt she was not living in the same state, and Matt, who was sliding into girls dms after the Grand Prix. So romance seems to be dead.
Speaker 2: This century.
Speaker 1: I do have to stick up for Matt at least he doesn't have multiple wives like the pharaoh. Home back online for good and and that's that's what I'm doing.
Speaker 2: Tiktoki.
Speaker 1: Indy Clinton has put her trolls on warning after experiencing relentless online harassment over her recent nose job. The mother of three has called in reinforcements Gate. Now, we have spoken in length about how awful the trolling of Indy Clinton has been, so if you wrote an article about it for Mama Mia, it got to a point where other content creators and media organizations had to step in and call the behavior out. I just haven't been able to comprehend how nasty people have been. The commentary has been next level, particularly when Indy has been so vulnerable and honest about the procedure in the first place. She didn't have to share the news with her audience. In fact, she said that she was actually considering hiding it from her audience because she didn't want to look like she was promoting plastic surgery as something that.
Speaker 2: Was just normal and every day to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and due to the trolling, she went on a social media hiatus, but she returned about a month ago, and she's been posting as normal. And she actually shared a Q and A this week and addressed a followers question about the recent trolling incident. So in it, she revealed that she's been working with a PI for a few months to find out who are behind the accounts who continuously bullied to fame and harass her and her family.
Speaker 2: Do we think that these are tattle life accounts?
Speaker 1: Well? She referenced that the behavior is happening on Instagram, TikTok, Reddit and other forums. I noticed that no one ever wants to name tattle Life. I can see why. Yeah, well, she wrote, The anonymous accounts and the faceless people hiding behind them need to be held accountable. I'm here to make a change for my children, your children, your nieces and nephews. She went on to say, no change is made if no change is done. I'm here to make an impact and a difference. I'm absolutely shocked who these people are. That's all I can say for now, as it's an ongoing investigation. This is quite interesting because a couple of months ago, we were approached by some influencers who I'm not going to name who they are they were micro influencers who have been harassed on Tattle, and they too were doing their own the investigation and deep dive into some of these faceless trolls on these sort of forums. So it seems like influencers are really hitting back. Well, I can see why they're going to these measures to try and protect themselves because there isn't actually a specific anti trolling law. Back in twenty twenty one, there was hope that the government will pass this specific social media anti trolling bill which would protect social media users from online harm. And the whole preface was that social media companies were going to be held accountable for the defamatory content posted by users, and it was also going to make it easier for victims to identify anonymous trolls because social media companies were going to be forced to unmask them so that the victims of trolling could pursue legal action. Unfortunately, though, that bill was not passed and it's no longer being considered because there was a lot of criticism around it. People said it was rushed, it wasn't comprehensive enough, and it was too narrowly focused on defamation. So I can see why influencers are now saying, well, I've got to take it into my own hands and unmask the troll because once you actually know who the people are, there are legal avenues you can go down. So of course you can sue for defamation. You can also report trolls to the police for things like cyberstalking, threats of violence, or repeated unwanted contact. I also think when it comes down to it, that if you are unmasked and you're named and shamed online, or have the prospect of being named and shamed, you're probably going.
Speaker 2: To back off from doing well.
Speaker 1: It's not so much about unmasking them to name and shame them, it's unmasking them so that the person who's being harassed can actually take legal action. Yes, and I also think that some influencers like Indie are speaking publicly about the lengths they're going to in order to scare people into stopping and thinking about what they're doing. Even how she said that you will be absolutely shocked to see that these are just everyday people. I mean, I recently jumped onto a tattle thread and I saw one of the users outlined that they worked as a doctor. Now they weren't necessarily bulling or harassing anyone. But they were contributing to a thread about some local influences and basically saying well, calling into question their work ethic and saying it's hard when you have a proper job like a doctor's. I mean, it was interesting their perspective. But again I think that people aren't actually aware that a lot of people who were trolling others, they have very professional backgrounds. They work in high paying and high flying jobs. We do need to remember they're not everyone that participates on tutle life is a troll. There is a difference between people that are constantly abusing and harassing influencers and then people that want to hold maybe some bad behavior that they did to account. But I think the issue with tatle is it becomes an echo chamber and the people who may have just jumped on because oh I didn't like how that influencer did this or that, then they become radicalized in a way.
Speaker 2: Well, remember there was a.
Speaker 1: Woman behind an account which was born basically off tatle Life called Salty's Day, where it just focused on Sarah's Day's indiscretions, and it was later revealed that the woman who run was actually a teacher and everyone was shocked to hear that that was her job. And also I think her husband or boyfriend had no idea that she was running this account and someone actually docks her to her partner and that's why she shut it down in terms of Indie when I was looking into the legalities around what she can do, it's quite interesting the fact that she lives in New South Wales because there's also Dolly's Law which was passed by the New South Wales government in twenty eighteen. So the law is named in memory of Dolly Everett, who very tragically died by suicide after sustained cyberbulling. So this new law criminalizes cyberbullying and has strengthened penalties for online abuse. Surely, if you're one of these cretins who's been trolling Indie Clinton, you'd be sweating.
Speaker 3: Okay, I have a bone to pick with all of you, because who was going to tell me the Kmart clothes eight.
Speaker 1: Kmart's PR team is rejoicing after jen z It Girl Sofa Dofer declared the store is officially in its slay era when it comes to fashion. Whilst it's a win for the discount department store. The fashion TikToker was slammed for being late the party, with many labeling her clueless and out of touch. So if it's quite clear that Sofa isn't on the same side of TikTok, that the rest of us are no bless her though, because she seemed genuinely excited to break this news about Kmart to her followers. It was as though she thought that she'd uncovered some sort of hack or this well kept secret. I mean, when it comes to fashion, generally she is the one who is dictating the trends and jumping on things first. But in this case, it was just so awkward how much of a late comer she was to this one. I mean, she seemed to be in disbelief that some of the dupes on offer, and she even asked her followers why people have been gatekeeping Kmart's clothes. She also put together a hole to show her followers. Let's have a listen to some of what she said.
Speaker 3: Okay, I have a bone to pick with all of you, because who was going to tell me the Kmart clothes eat? Why are we all gatekeeping? Orso? Why do I look like this I'm so sorry. I'm going to do a hall because I was in Ka yesterday getting homewares and I checked it out. I was leaving and I was like, okay, because I never go through the kmart clothes because random, and I was like literally picking up everything. So I want to do a hat because I'm like a little bit shoogar, like, okay, came out, Capriz Okay, like cutest bag I've ever seen, for like eight dollars? Do you hear me? How much was this twenty dollars? This would cost like one hundred dollars anywhere else? Who was gonna tell me? Who was gonna tell me? Why are you all gate keeping?
Speaker 2: Hello?
Speaker 3: Like, why is anyone talking about this? How much was this twelve dollars? Twelve dollars?
Speaker 1: Well? Might it not mind? Tom? It was so awkward because the general consensus in the comments section was that nobody has been gatekeeping kmart clothes. In fact, there are quite a number of TikTokers who have literally built followings from sharing their Kmart fashion fines.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: One user wrote, literally, no one was gatekeeping. I thought this was common knowledge, to which Sofa replied what another said, Babe, everyone is talking about it, to which Sofa replied, I've been living under a rock. It's just so surprising for someone like Sofa Dofer, who practically lives on TikTok, for her not to come across any of these videos. I question how Kmart's blue shirt dish Jube has not made its way into her for U page. Maybe because fashion TikTok is her job. When she is taking a break and having a scroll on the app, maybe she's looking at completely different style. I'm interesting to know what her algorithm is actually made up of.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Her seemingly innocent hale seem to also elicit a very angry response from some followers, who felt her video proved just.
Speaker 2: How out of touch she's become.
Speaker 1: One user wrote, normal living Australians who aren't rich know that Kmart has good clothes with a laughing face now. That comment received over five thousand likes, whilst another said our tax bracket differences are showing, which got over three thousand likes now. Sofa actually responded to that comment, writing how I just didn't realize that they had nice.
Speaker 2: Clothes with a crying face.
Speaker 1: In response to Sofa, another user hit back saying because none of US can shop anywhere but here, So this is giving clueless to the current money situation in this country.
Speaker 2: There was also a lot.
Speaker 1: Of comments regarding Sofa being so flippant about the cost of things, because she was like, oh, this was just oh hang on, let me check the price. Twelve dollars. Can you believe it. A lot of people were saying, oh God, when I go clothes shopping, I'm having to memorize exactly how much things are so I can see if they can fit into my budget. Even when she was showing this particular bag, she's like, oh, this bag was about eight dollars, and then she's like, oh, no, actually it was twenty dollars, Like obviously that's not expensive. But she's like, oh, generally a bag like this would cost one hundred dollars, and.
Speaker 2: I thought yeah.
Speaker 1: And the fact that she said she was so busy that she just grabbed all of these clothing and it all came to one hundred and fifty dollars, which is like nothing. It's like, well, yes, in the scheme of getting i don't know, six or seven items, yes, that's pretty good when you compare it to other shops. But then being able to drop that money so easily, like so many of us.
Speaker 2: Would have had to budget for that whole. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Whilst this hasn't been a particularly good PR move for Sofa Dofa, it's been great for Kmar. And there's been a lot of cynics who have questioned is this an orchestrated PR campaign by Kmart? I mean, all I can say is it doesn't appear to be. I think that this was a genuine post. She didn't use any paid partnership tools. Kmart hasn't commented on the post. It seems to have.
Speaker 2: Been an organic discovery.
Speaker 1: I think she was just trying to create content that resonated with people, and she's known for creating so many halls yeah, just random things. I mean, it just shocks me that she has her own clothing line called All for Mimi, and she hasn't really done any research into the market, into competitors, Like I understand that her clothing is sold at a higher price point, but you think you would look at it and say, okay, so these are this is where kmart sits, This is where you sit on the scale, and this is like a higher end brand now, particularly when Jupe fashion is so popular. I mean, that's what Kmart and Targets seem to be doing best of at the moment. I do think it was a clever way, though, to try and initiate a deal with Kmar in the future. I wonder if this will lead to a partnership deal. I think if I was Kmart, I'd jump on the opportunity, particularly to get some more gen zetters into the store. Many people also did point out in Sofa's comment section the Target is also popping off. Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I mean, I don't really love Kmart's clothes. I know you got around that Jupe dish shirt.
Speaker 2: Oh I was so quick to get that.
Speaker 1: But I'm not someone I don't have an eye for fashion. I need someone to say this item at KMA is really good. That's what everyone is doing online, you know what I mean. People are taking the guess work out for you, which is why people are like, how a Sofa do for not being.
Speaker 2: Aware of this?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I managed to go on Target's website and actually open things and be like, oh, I actually genuinely like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Oh, Target's great at the moment.
Speaker 1: The thing is, it's not just k Mart's pr team who's had a big win over this post. The store design team would be celebrating after hearing that Sofa only made the chance discovery about Kmart's clothes as she was checking out. So those of us trendsetters who have been in on kmart secret for quite a while now know that the store has been specifically designed to have the cash registers slap bang in the middle of the store. I actually hated it when they changed the store up like that. It's so clever because it means you have to go into the heart of the store, You're more likely to walk past something that you like, and it increases your chances of impulse buying. So I've never really you know, like with the impulse buying with kids, but now that I have a kid, I'm like, this is fucking cruel. My Jack at at the stage now where he loves pointing at things. I haven't had an instance where I've had to buy him anything from the shop yet, but I feel like it's just coming. Well. I'm not even thinking about kids. I'm thinking about myself as a magpie. Anything shining I see, I'll take that. I'll take that. The thing with Sofa is she may have never bothered to venture into what she presumed was daggy Kmart clothes if it wasn't for how the.
Speaker 2: Shop was laid out. So hats off to them.
Speaker 1: It's paid off for them, But it's not like it's a new store layout, like it's been like that for a couple of years now. Yeah, but it's paying off of them. Is she just not shopping at Kmart a lot? I would like to know how many of the pieces that sofa showed in the hole are now sold out, because I feel like Kmart would be experiencing the full.
Speaker 2: Sofa do for effect.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm such a sheep. I was like pausing hanging, like which one was it? What? Which one?
Speaker 3: Does?
Speaker 1: She say? Is cool, because I've got no idea. See I looked at those clothes, tho not for me. They're definitely Jens clothes.
Speaker 2: Well I thought they were ugly.
Speaker 1: But I'm like, I really don't know anything about fashions. I discovered that burgundy and marone apparently the colors of winter. I actually none of those in my wardrobe. I knew that and that chocolate brown. I met Michael, my husband, when he was working at Channel nine this week we shared an influencer family tree of sorts. Amy ended up creating this in between her feeds, so she wanted to demonstrate the six degrees of separation between some of Australia's top influencers. And what seemed to shock a lot of people, including myself, was the revelation that former Big Brother contestant Tully smythe to date love islander Anna Macavoy's husband Michael Staples. When I saw that, I was like, hang on, it kind of does make sense. I thought he looked familiar, but I couldn't quite put my finger on white. Before Amy posted it, I had to confirm with it. I'm like, are you sure that you're not confusing him with her ex boyfriend Daniel because I saw work the saying they do.
Speaker 2: Look very similar.
Speaker 1: Well, it's clear that Michael also has a type for blonde reality stars. So Tully and Michael actually started dating back in twenty twenty during the Melbourne Lockdown, and Tully soft launched the relationship several times during the pandemic, gushing that she couldn't survive Lockdown without him. I think I would like to be reincarnated as one of Tully's Smyth's boyfriends because the way she gases them up when she's dating them is next level. Like this guy's sweet. Yeah, it's so sweet. Like the guy that she's dating at the moment. Ned he's a dentist from Melbourne. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: She literally just.
Speaker 1: Worships the ground he walks on. I mean, he seems like a lovely guy. To Fair, I'm like, oh, this guy lovely? What a sweetheart?
Speaker 2: She really like?
Speaker 1: She's well, I think she has got a marketing degree, but she'd be great for public relations. She's almost doing herself a disservice, though, because I'm sure that there's a lot of single girls who were like, maybe I should slide into his DMS like, oh lovely. Well, anyway, since her breakup with Michael, all of the photos of them were swiftly deleted, which I personally was gutted about because I had this real sick thing where I'm like, I just want to see a photo of them together. I can't even imagine them together because I look at Michael Staples and I'm like, that's Anamacvoy's husband. Like, I can't even imagine him with someone else. It's not like he's a public figure himself. Yeah, I was wondering how has he met these reality TV stars? And it turns out that he used to work for Channel nine in Melbourne as a group business manager, so he started working there in twenty twenty. He stopped in twenty twenty three. So with Big Brother moving to Channel nine in twenty twelve, you'd assume that Tully, who was one of the biggest faces of the program, would have been invited to a lot of Channel nine events and that's where she presumably met Michael. He also appeared on Big Brother again recently, but that was in twenty twenty two, once they'd broken up. Oh okay, I see, but we know that Anna met Michael at a Channel nine function. So Love Island Australia is a Channel nine program, and she explained recently on her podcast that she and Matt Zukowski were appearing together at a promotional event for Channel nine and she actually spotted Michael across the room and she had this instant connection with him and said, I've got to go up to him, I've got to approach him. And it's lucky she did, because Michael assumed that she and Matt were one of the couples off Love Island and that they were together. So he thought obviously that she was very attractive. But though I've got no chance here, they actually do look good together Anna and Matt. I remember when they first launched their podcast, they drew people in by pretending that they were getting together. Yeah, I know, there was a lot of confusion about that at the time. They really played into it. Now I want to finish on a bit of a fun fact here. Before Michael met Tully, he was actually working over in the UK as a group head for ESPN. And when we reflect on Tully's most recent ex Daniel, who again looks very similar to Michael, it's quite interesting because he actually ended up moving to the US to work for ESPN, and that's why their relationship eventually ended.
Speaker 2: So did he take his job?
Speaker 1: Well, no, because Michael was working in the UK. Oh us UK. Okay, Well, god, they're very similar.
Speaker 2: Are you nervous We're having a baby? How does that feel for you?
Speaker 1: Ella Ding has defended her decision to monetize her pregnancy announcement. Last week, the former Maths contestant revealed she was expecting her first baby via a sponsored post with.
Speaker 2: Clear Blue okay.
Speaker 1: Now. The backlash was swift, with even her former bestie Dom criticizing Ellert for monetizing her pregnancy announcement. Ello responded to the criticism in an interview, saying it was a no brainer. She went on to say, when the opportunity came to me, I was like, well, Clear Blue literally told me I'm pregnant. Like, I don't really know how much more you can align with a brand. Side note, how expensive pregnancy tests Like, Oh my god, I just when I had to get one, I just went to Woolies and said, what is the fucking cheapest one? Oh? Really, I was the opposite. I got the most expensive one that was the digital test that said pregnant or not, because I knew I would not be able to read, like I'd be very funny about is that a line.
Speaker 2: Isn't it? Well?
Speaker 1: I got the cheapo ones that have the lines initially because I just was so curious. I'm like, I want to know whether I'm pregnant or not. And then I thought I'm going to buy the expensive one.
Speaker 2: When I reveal it to Brandon.
Speaker 1: Oh well, then didn't you actually screw yourself over? Like if you just bought the expensive one. Well, true, but I just wanted to know straight away, and I thought, well I don't want to buy several Yeah, the ones to say pregnant. In terms of Ella, it's interesting that she said the opportunity came to her. It's like, was her manager shopping it around, like, oh.
Speaker 2: Definitely, I'm in clear blue.
Speaker 1: Just didn't go, oh my god, I've got a feeling that Ella Ding may be pregnant and potentially she used our pregnancy test. Generally, when an influencer falls pregnant, their manager will put out a message to a number of pregnancy brand saying, hey, there's an opportunity here, because when it comes to pregnancy, there's only such a small window of when those influencers can actually.
Speaker 2: Promote those hook can promote them.
Speaker 1: I remember Chloe Zeppa mitch Orville got called out for being opportunistic for doing that with their first son. But it makes sense. I mean, influencers usually monetize these big life events. So as Ella said, having a baby is fucking expensive and the cost of living is fucked so she's like, who wouldn't do it? Yeah, I thought that criticism of mitch Orville and Chloe was pretty unfair. Particularly because it's not as though it's a one way exchange, like the brand is actually getting huge value in working with them. Yeah, the brand definitely does get stuff. I think people are just uncomfortable with people monetizing pregnancies and babies.
Speaker 2: It's a really.
Speaker 1: Fine line getting it right and not expoiting a child. Ella seemed to be quite surprised that there was a negative response to this sponsorship, and she said that if anyone else got offered the deal, they would take it. It's clear that La has been working with her manager on this pregnancy announcement because she's just off the back of launch a solo podcast called the Ella Era and her first episode was a pregnancy Q and A. So she of course used to do a podcast with Dom off Maths as well. Dom has come out and it seems like she's also trying to get coverage from Ella's pregnancy announcement because she said she's working on something that will divulge the tea about her friendship breakdown with our Wow. Okay, so they aren't doing their joint pregnancy podcast then, No, just two separate ones where they have it goes at each other. Let's get into our Friday debrief now. So if we're recording at your house and I'm surrounded by boxes at the moment, what is going on. Yeah, We've had to pause recording a couple of times for online deliveries that have been arriving. I'm in full nesting mode, which means that I've been spending most of my nights online shopping for baby stuff and also cleaning. I've been sending you guys so many snapchats of my little projects I've been doing after work. So I on Friday night, I did a ten and I want to put that out there. Only bec because some nay essay has said that I would stop tanning during my pregnancy, so I couldn't be bothered.
Speaker 2: You pulled up your top before.
Speaker 1: And I was like, God, you're very glowing and bronzed under there. Yeah, your belly. Brandon dropped to me because I had an ultru sound yesterday. He's like, I have to say, when you put up your shirt, I was quite shocked at how brown your bump. You do know that you're gonna have to scrub that off for the ces areas. Yes, I do know that, but anyway, that is not part of this story. But I did do a tan on Friday night, and as I was drying, because what I says, you have to dry, like you have to give that shit time to soak in.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I'm standing there in the nude in my bedroom letting it dry. Quite a sight, and I.
Speaker 1: Was like, oh, maybe I'll just start rearranging some of my wardrobe, Like maybe I just folded some extra clothes. Anyway, I ended up redoing the whole wardrobe, getting rid of all of these clothes. It's so organized at the moment. It made me feel so much better. The next night, I then decided to tackle the bathroom, so I cleaned out all of the drawers. I've got everything organized. It was actually disgusting how many bin bags of old products had.
Speaker 2: To be removed.
Speaker 1: Your nesting must be rubbing off on me because I did the same thing. I'm like, why am I holding onto all of these products that I don't use?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think it also has to do with winter, because you spend a lot more time at home and you just want everything to be organized and nice like a hotel, like Hotel Handcock, well at Hotel Hancock. I think it's our last little reno before the baby gets here. Because we are finally having our carpets put in, so we have to haul all of our bedroom furniture out. Please don't lift anything now, I'm not going to be lifting anything. So are you going to be sleeping somewhere else?
Speaker 2: No, because they do it that day. I only takes a couple of hours.
Speaker 1: Now I had an epiphany this week. I did not realize how much I relied on technology while being a mum. I woke up on Tuesday morning to a panicked message from you saying that your street's power was out and you didn't know what to do because you couldn't get Jack's bott already. Well, we were the only street in our area affected because a power land came down. It's crazy, though, because it was only half the street. So the other half of the street, who have newer houses, their electricity cables are underground because that area actually used to be a farm and that's now turned residential. Well, it's funny because we lived ten minutes down the road from you, in a different suburb, and the night before when the storm was sort of hitting, our television went off for probably thirty seconds, and we looked at each other and were like no, and it immediately flicked back on and being the dinks that we are for the next couple of weeks, we're like phil thank God, Like that was about concerns. This is the first blackout I've experienced as a parent, and God it hit differently in a very bad way because I rely on having access to electricity to look at Jack's baby monitor, his sound machine, you know, the kettle for his bottles to be prepared. I had a stash of food frozen that's now been ruined for him. So yesterday I, you know, as most mums do, around down to my parents' house and asked them to help me. Well, I felt hopeless because again I live down the road, but we don't have our nursery setup yet.
Speaker 2: Will we do?
Speaker 1: It'll be much better because we'd actually have somewhere that Jack could sleep. Yeah. Well, we were so lucky because it went on. I think it was after eighteen hours. I had to do the big clean out of the fridge. That was a task. I just feel so bad for everyone affected by the flooding in New South Wales. I mean, my day was impacted for eighteen hours by the power not being on. I mean, I can't imagine dealing with treacherous conditions when you're looking after children. So my heart goes out to all of those people. That is all we have time for today. Thank you again for tuning into Outspoken.
Speaker 2: If you do love the show, we would really appreciate it.
Speaker 1: If you could leave us a review and make sure you are subscribed on Apple Podcasts and Spotify. Before we go, I have to give a plug for our subs episode which dropped yesterday, Honor. We discuss rumors that Sarah's Day and White Fox Boutique have parted ways after there has been quite a strange chuck out sale going on on their website.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all of her old stock bizarrely from twenty twenty on there.
Speaker 1: Yeah. We also spoke about how Sammy Gugenheim is. He's definitely a boost juice girl.
Speaker 2: Yeah. People who get it will get it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And we also chatted about what's been going on with Jojo Siwa and Chris Hughes. I was trying to explain that whole scenario to my husband when we were going to bed last night, and he could not care less Like I was like, oh my god.
Speaker 2: And she sung Betty Davis' eyes.
Speaker 1: And she changed the lyrics to Chris Hughes and I could just tell, had no idea who Chris Hughes was and didn't care. Now this podcast was recorded on the judisial land of the Ghana people of the Adelaid Plains. We pay respect to Elder's past and present