Speaker 1: Come on Hello Australia, Hello girls, Hello, everybody.
Speaker 2: Happy fraya habby Friya or.
Speaker 1: As I like to call it the day before Pride. It's happening right around the country at the moment. Everyone's been celebrating their pride events.
Speaker 3: You like to call it gay Christmas?
Speaker 4: I call yeah, I call it gay Christmas. Yeah, I think so. I think doesn't make me gay Santa.
Speaker 3: I mean no, But I like the I like the energy, I like the festivities of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Oh my god.
Speaker 5: Well, Tasmani has just had their pride, Melbourn's had their pride. It's moving around the country. It's amazing to watch, an amazing to be involved in. Are you you're walking miss walking in.
Speaker 4: The Marti grap Parade this weekend? Yeah? This will be my fourth Marti Gras parade that I've walked in.
Speaker 3: Do you wear hot girl walk when you go on your Mardi Gras walk?
Speaker 6: Is that?
Speaker 4: It is kind of a hot girl walk, isn't it?
Speaker 7: Question?
Speaker 3: Mitch?
Speaker 5: Will you be debuting your situationship with Marti gra Oh we've moved.
Speaker 4: Out of situation. But I think that's disrespect.
Speaker 3: You didn't tell us what is our disrespectful.
Speaker 4: Put that on us. You dare you pull him in a situation.
Speaker 2: Okay unless you tell us otherwise. He's a situation ship.
Speaker 3: We Britty and I are still yet to meet this man, so right now it is a situation ship until.
Speaker 4: How dare you put me on the spot before Gay Christmas? This is true. That's like grilling someone on presence on Christmas Eve.
Speaker 2: It's pride speak proud.
Speaker 1: I am very proud. I'm so happy to be gay. Wouldn't change of the world like I love it. I'm so excited for this weekend, So all the gays and the allies listening, have a great, happy, safe Marty, great and pride.
Speaker 3: No, it's going to be such a fun weekend. I'll be running around after my kids, but you will be having a very fun weekend the straightest I know. But that's because I want to talk.
Speaker 4: About something true.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, true. There's something I want to talk about as a mum. There's a mum who's online at the moment and she's getting absolutely roasted for a parenting hack that I, now that i'm a parent, think is genius. Back in the day, I used to judge it, and now I'm all for it.
Speaker 4: Okay, you're a changed woman. Yeah, we'll get to that next.
Speaker 1: Let's go a very gay edition of the Pickup for your Friday Afternoon starts now.
Speaker 3: Litter and sequence for everyone.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 3: Do you know what I've come to realize Before I had kids, I think, without even realizing it at the time, I used to judge the way that people parented their children. Right, And it's because you have no clue how to do it yourself, but you always think that you're going to do it better.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you and I can be judging of parents at times.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we judge your parent Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, let me say this is not me saying that I think I haven't figured it out, Like I do not know what I'm doing. And now that I'm at this point, I'm like, I'm okay with the fact that I don't know what I'm doing. But there's a woman who has gone viral online because she has come out and said that she puts her kids on a leash. Her little toddler, she puts them in a backpack, she straps him in, and she puts him on a leash so that he can't run away. Makes sense, Like it I love it. I love it. But back in the day, I would have said, oh my god, you can't leash a child. They're not a dog anyway. The reason I love it. And she's come out and she said, you know, my kid, he can run a hell of a lot faster than what I can. After having she had a cesarean, so like for her, she still had complications from her operation safety kind of thing. Yeah, and she's like, he is a little runner and he's so fast, and so when we're in public places, the kid just you turn your back, he turns around, he runs away, and now he can't because you just you're pulling back. It's brilliant.
Speaker 1: It's the perception, and it's always the terary backpack. It's I'm all for being a tired mom or a tired dad and not wanting to chase your kid, but it looks like you're walking a dog. It's not. It's not fun.
Speaker 3: Sometimes children behave like that, so they need to be on leave.
Speaker 4: Then why have you not? Have you leashed your kids or Marley.
Speaker 3: Laura, No, I haven't. But okay, so my mom, my mom, she used to leish my sister right, which we found out about and we were old.
Speaker 4: Your sisters name's Leish, Alisha.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Leish was leashed and and we've got photos of Alicia when she was a little kid being wished. But I was never the leashed. And I have this theory that my mom's jealous that you weren't. Your sister was leash. Yeah. Well, I mean for a while there, I started to think maybe it was because my mom didn't care if I did run away. I was like second child, and she was like, God, hopefully this one gets long.
Speaker 5: I genuinely think that's a thing, like I'm one of four kids, I have.
Speaker 3: No older brother.
Speaker 5: Thing.
Speaker 2: Really, no, it is, I have two older brothers and a little sister, so I'm third.
Speaker 5: Honestly like the strictness and the care level, and I want to say the care level, but it gets a lot loser attention to detail with the first. The attention to detail from one to four is extreme. I can't even as number three. I can. I can find probably two photos of myself as a kid. My poor sister Sherry, the fourth child, there's nothing. I don't think she has one photo. She was like the neglige, Like when you've got three other kids, the fourth one, you don't know where.
Speaker 4: It is one of three. It's the same for me everywhere.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But also I don't think that this is that the parents don't care. You're so busy by the time when you have one kid, there's nothing else for you to do except worry about that one kid. Right, you're taking photo all my little angels sit from the heavens. And then you have two kids and you're like, oh my god, I never stop. I don't have time to get my phone out. I don't care.
Speaker 2: You need to literally think of the children. And if you can't have enough time to take photos of kids, you shouldn't be having them.
Speaker 3: Reason why you have children is to photograph them.
Speaker 1: Have you ever confronted your mom? Because your mom's Nikola, she's gorgeous Nikki. Yeah, have you ever confronted her about this?
Speaker 5: You sure about why she loved my sister and I last.
Speaker 4: Yes, because it's clearly upset you.
Speaker 5: I haven't, but it is, I mean sure, like it's a bit concerning when I when I think about not being able to find any baby photos and just do.
Speaker 3: You mean you honestly, you go home, you look through the family album and there's not a baby photo of you or your sister.
Speaker 5: No, there's probably and I'm not exaggerating there. You know, when you need to circulate a bad baby photo you needed for something. There's three that I can think of. I don't remember seeing myself as a child, and my sister can't find any.
Speaker 4: She's got none.
Speaker 2: The fourth one, but I don't know where she reckon? I reckon?
Speaker 1: We read because she's a unhinged I who went through Scotland with the woman and she's crazy and.
Speaker 2: I traveled with my mom.
Speaker 3: She's just different.
Speaker 4: I think she took more photos of me on that trip than she did her own kids. The mountains. Mit, you're in Hogwarts. Take a photo.
Speaker 2: She has more photos of you than my sister sheery.
Speaker 4: Did you reckon? We call her Laura?
Speaker 3: Absolutely. I don't think you love me. I don't think you're going to get the answer that you want in this situation, but we can call it.
Speaker 4: Should you confront her Laura? Or should Brick?
Speaker 3: Should I then confront my mom as to why she didn't leash me? Is that where these segments going?
Speaker 1: Maybe then I'll confront my parents about my coming out story. So let's all get out.
Speaker 2: Let's call my mom and say why didn't you love me?
Speaker 4: Sounds great, let's do it next on the pick up.
Speaker 3: All right, So, just before the break, we were talking about a woman who is online. She's gone viral for putting her kid on a leash, a toddler on a leash because he runs away. I think it's fine. And somehow, somehow we spiraled down the rabbit hole of how when you have your mom doesn't love her. Yeah, that's that's when we ended up. BRIT's mom doesn't love her.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 3: But basically, when you have your first kid, you you are a helicopter mom. You care so much, you like, you do everything right, and then come as you have more kids, you just get a little bit more lax.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And you one of four, Britt, Yeah, I'm number three or four and my sister is four or four, and we're disteriorated along the way.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you, well, what we've discovered with Britt is that as time progressed, she was looking for some baby photos and there isn't any, there's nothing. Her mom just not caring.
Speaker 1: Come, so we're going to confront your mom. Nicola the idea, but it's my idea. I think it's going to go down.
Speaker 3: Well, I think it's going to go down terrible.
Speaker 2: I'm concerned. But let's get her on the phone.
Speaker 4: We've got Nicola's numberle that dialer up. Does she work? What she's going to be doing?
Speaker 2: She does work?
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know if she'll answer, but we'll try.
Speaker 4: Let's call BRIT's mum Nicola.
Speaker 6: Now, hello Nikki speaking.
Speaker 2: Oh hey mom, it's me as in your daughter, britt.
Speaker 3: Daughter.
Speaker 2: Sorry the number I think I have must have put private number on. I'm good, How are you?
Speaker 6: I'm good? Yeah, this pleasure.
Speaker 2: I was actually just wondering. I've been trying to find some baby pictures.
Speaker 6: They pictures, yeah, Ben Ben.
Speaker 5: Asked me for some baby pictures, and I was trying to put something together for Sherry.
Speaker 2: She was looking for her baby pictures too, and I can't seem to find any.
Speaker 6: Hmm, okay, I can go through all my photos. I've got hundreds that I can go through them, baby photos of Sherry.
Speaker 2: No photos of me.
Speaker 5: And I went through the photos, all the photo albums at home, and there's like five albums of Mitche and then four albums of Dane. I've got like what half an album, and then I cannot find literally one photo of Sherry, and I can't find one photo of Sherry and I together where Mum at him?
Speaker 6: Actual physical photos I've got.
Speaker 2: Why do the boys get Your.
Speaker 6: First born gets three thousand photos and then you haven't got any time by the time.
Speaker 4: The fourth cup Well, I don't know.
Speaker 2: It seems like deliberately.
Speaker 5: It's just one of those things, you know, like you don't love me as much as the boys.
Speaker 6: That'd be ridiculous. I probably didn't have time to get the camera out, Brett. I had four children under seven, so that's your father's, not mine. I can blame him for everything.
Speaker 2: What about Sherry, because poor Sherry.
Speaker 4: I don't have poor.
Speaker 6: Sheridan the photos of her at any age. But I will go through my photos.
Speaker 5: I just don't believe you have them. I'm thirty six years old and I've looked my entire life and I do not have a photo.
Speaker 6: Of myself photo albums. I've got all the photo albums here. Now, why did you.
Speaker 5: Have Why did you have so many kids if you couldn't take a photo of them?
Speaker 6: When I had children, I didn't think, oh maybe I shouldn't. I won't be able to take photos of the third and fourth. Oh no, no, I just always thought i'd have four.
Speaker 4: Children, Nikki, Laura and on your side, am.
Speaker 6: I on radio? Thanks for telling me, Bruce if.
Speaker 5: I haven't said anything, Well, no, luckily you said you love me. I mean that was the killer.
Speaker 6: Look, honestly, you just don't have time. But the time the third comes and then the fourth toros, Sherry really missed out.
Speaker 8: Just the way.
Speaker 6: It's just the way it is. Yeah, and your first one's, you know, really special. Oh you take three thousand fivethos off them, you know when the next one and the next one and the next one come along, it doesn't mean.
Speaker 4: All right, Nikki, Well we Suthi, you're a good mom.
Speaker 6: Just accept my explanation. That is the way it is.
Speaker 1: We can't shut her up, sick. Let's get Nikki off. Love your mom, love your Nikki. We should get her on.
Speaker 2: She can feel in the same last man, that's exactly the same.
Speaker 4: We got to the bottom of it. There you go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, poor dad, though two to ten, I don't know if you quite cock clocked on there. Though she did say the first one is special, and then you have the third and the fourth one, which would insinuate that the fourth one is not particularly special. She kind of did prove your point for it all.
Speaker 1: Right back after this on the pickup. We do this on Friday. Here at the pickup we were cashed up all thanks to Chemists ware House.
Speaker 3: And so nice, s gorgeous.
Speaker 4: It's a nice way to end the week.
Speaker 1: We did it once on a whim and we're like, you know what, let's just give away a five hundred dollars Chemists ware House for our pick up audience for them to share their little win, like a little moment of success this week.
Speaker 3: And it doesn't. It's not about the big stuff, because often we spend too much time celebrating all the big things. It's those little moments that kind of could have just passed you by. We're gonna give you five and a bucks sport.
Speaker 2: But I don't mind celebrating a big thing too, of.
Speaker 3: Course, But sometimes it's the little stuff that needs a bit more airtime.
Speaker 4: You know what happened to me.
Speaker 1: I was in the shower and I brushed my teeth in the shower and I ran out of toothpaste in the shower. Was oh no, And I thought we're gonna have to go to a Chemists ware house by more toothpaste.
Speaker 4: I had toothpaste in my top drawer in the bathroom.
Speaker 2: Well, that's that's just adult that you're an adult.
Speaker 3: Yes, there's some significant little wins and then there's some that we probably don't need to unpack.
Speaker 1: You don't win the all right, Well maybe Viera will hi vera. Welcome to the pickup.
Speaker 4: What was your little win this week?
Speaker 8: My little win for this week, I'm honestly rejoicing in the victory of unterrupted sleep. I've got a three month old Bob who has been giving me such a hard time the last couple of weeks, So this week has just been such a massive win. Just having six hour stretches of sleep overnight. Yeah, that kind of gives me. You know, what's a bit of you know, like tranquility to just you know, freshen me up.
Speaker 1: Shut you up.
Speaker 4: You've got a lot of anything.
Speaker 3: That is a great win.
Speaker 8: It's a massive it's a massive win.
Speaker 2: I wish I got all the time.
Speaker 3: So I can't understand that is an incredible win from all right?
Speaker 4: What about you? Yeah, yeah, yeah, what about you? Sam? Did you have a little win this week?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I was a teacher at school, here, and yes we've had a football camp. So I had a bunch of years sevens are absolutely starving after a whole day of intent exercise, and I was about to pick up all the pizzas and absolutely hecking me. And it was about thirty seven degrees and Adelaide just say and I just had to I should have taken them about five at a time, and so I just thought, I can't be bothered doing the big walk back to the bus in more than one goes. So you juggled with the fifteen pizzas and didn't drop any because I knew it would have been absolutely abused by my wonderful class of girls football.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they probably would have been the off the ground anyway, Like savage seven seven's pretty a.
Speaker 7: Pack of vultures right there, delivered.
Speaker 4: Don't worry, all right, let's give it to same. Congratulations Sammy five hundred bucks a MS ware house.
Speaker 3: Unbelievable, Thank you very much, Grant sam Enjoy.
Speaker 4: Can you prove like that you're at school? Can you blow a whistle or something?
Speaker 3: I can hear them?
Speaker 7: Yeah, okay, actually.
Speaker 4: Get all the kids.
Speaker 3: You just got mad.
Speaker 2: Mitch was trying to call your blow.
Speaker 4: I'm so glad we do little wins. That's cute.
Speaker 1: Have a great weekend, a great Mardi Gras, and stay safe if you're celebrating Martigro this weekend. Guys.
Speaker 4: See you Monday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, have a good one day, guys,