Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Watch him out that, please if it's.
Speaker 3: A cafe with one toilet.
Speaker 2: No, now you've taken them.
Speaker 4: Mickey, what's supposed for beef? He stays, what's not a market price? Because I don't want to get ripped off?
Speaker 3: Christ one four.
Speaker 4: Good morning, It is Monday morning, eight minutes past six. Good morning, Patsyny, Good morning Jack, you guys everyone have a good weekend. Hey.
Speaker 2: When hearing that ad as to talk about the bees again in that intro, my friend goes to our mate Mick, who sells Yes, he has bought a pack of fifteen thousand.
Speaker 4: Bees, kidding, what is your mate doing with it?
Speaker 2: He's got them on the the roof of his bungalow and he's only had him for six months, so they haven't started making honey yet, but over the next six months they will start to produce honey.
Speaker 4: I thought they had to have those like the hives.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sorry, they've got hives built on top of the bunk.
Speaker 4: He's just chucked, pulled down a ladder and seen them mount in to us living in the guny in the lagging do they and amongst the asbestos. There's spin honey out.
Speaker 2: Of and now the downpipes produce honey. Tap it on and tap it on?
Speaker 4: Seeing ow B movie, PATSI, how was your weekend?
Speaker 5: Had a great weekend. We had the senior school production at Audie's School on Saturday.
Speaker 4: How was that?
Speaker 5: It was brilliant.
Speaker 4: They did a great job. They did legal you know, because you know you are like our chief theater critic, you know, Thursday night, obviously you went to the red carpet of Moon Rouge and we had an hour long review on Friday that was just a left downside of the stage. We're not even joking.
Speaker 2: Even they will get a breakdown of what the stage looked like.
Speaker 4: I can't relax until I've stopped the show for the year. That were out of the whole moon on Roos breakdown.
Speaker 5: They did such a great job. You know, some of those kids are just they're phenomenal.
Speaker 4: Rather the next Hugh Jackmans, aren't they?
Speaker 5: Well they are the next Hugh Jackman's. They're the new generation do They did it such a great job. But they had a couple of dogs because one of one of the side Yeah, El's got that little chihuahua thing that.
Speaker 4: She carries around in her students who weren't good had to pretend to be the dogs. No, they're going to be the under the mean chi sick.
Speaker 5: They roped in a couple of the teacher's dogs, pet dogs to do it.
Speaker 2: It was so.
Speaker 4: Funny commitment to the thing. I thought you could just get a stuffed toy though.
Speaker 2: That's what I mean.
Speaker 5: They did a brilliant job.
Speaker 2: And was the dog atch just nod. It was a Jack Russell.
Speaker 5: It was a ginger Jack Russell.
Speaker 4: He wasn't a pit bull.
Speaker 2: Down so the role of the so fair.
Speaker 5: Front rowe, the role of Bruiser was played by Rocky go Down Churchill, and it was absolutely hilarious because Rocky wasn't a willing participant at times.
Speaker 4: So the dog was called Rocky. I wasn't far off.
Speaker 5: That was his name, and he was kind of getting dragged along the stage by the leash. But no dogs were harmed in the process.
Speaker 4: That's good.
Speaker 2: No, it was very good. It was very good.
Speaker 5: But we went out a spot a dinner before your recommendation. Actually, Jack, it was out at Mooney Pond's. It is it mussella Yeah, the steakhouse. Beautiful, beautiful meal, but it was packed with all the families were there having dinner with their kids. And we're under very strict instructions by Audrey not to get too close to her, so we weren't allowed to give her.
Speaker 4: So what she was a different part of the restaurant.
Speaker 5: We weren't allowed to give her snuggies or ruggies, which is cuddles or kisses.
Speaker 4: Nine.
Speaker 5: But we're at that stage Christian where we, you know, we like have to be strangers.
Speaker 4: It's disappearing from the horizon. Yeah, it's brutal. It is brutal, constant kind of embarrassment now and the hand hold and they used to love suddenly just one day, there's no more of that about that. They don't like that. It would be so weird. Do not do? They'd be so odd. I aren't meant to pick up my daughter yesterday from a sleepover, and I was just stood by the car right because it's nice to sunning myself think and I help with her overnight bag. She opens again. She does this over dramatic double tight like she was just like, oh gods, so weird. You just stood there, am your dad? You text me saying can I come and get you? Nothing about this. It's remotely weird, you know, would mean weird as you right now.
Speaker 5: But that's the thing. You can't step afoot right, So yeah, we're on very strict instructions down, no no smoochies, no holding hands, to walk across the road, to go to school.
Speaker 2: Holding hands.
Speaker 4: That's the worst thing. Perats with her daughters.
Speaker 2: No one told me how much joy that would bring. You hold it because Gory, obviously at eighteen months, is at a stage where he now to do anything like get down up steps across the road, he puts his hand up in the air and you take his hand.
Speaker 4: It's like stintive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's everything holding his hand across.
Speaker 4: And that little hand as well. They're like it's so fresh, it's like the world hasn't touched it or hard it yet. And that's like that for years they instinctly want to hold your hand. Then one day there's no smoot cheese and there's now handholding. And even just stood by your car offering to open a car door. It's like, so we just stood there.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: My wife and I went out for a celebration dinner on Saturday night to Mark one thousand shows Lovely and it's me taking my wife out for dinner. Actually to her huge part of it because for us to do this, that means that we have a very very strong other partners that are there when we're talking too much about radio getting up in our head too much. So I want to take my wife out. And someone told us about this new French restaurant that looks like it's inside a cathedral.
Speaker 2: I'm just looking at the forest.
Speaker 4: Amazing. It looks like the inside of a cathedral. By the name of it, it's cold. My god is on to look at the word rain, Rain and LaRue, Rain and LaRue. That's a new French restaurant. I think it's only been for a couple of months. It's on Collins Street and it's yeah, it's it's unbelievable. So before we even went out for dinner, I like to be maybe old fashion this way, but if there's a reservation at six o'clock, in my mind, we need to be given there at ten to two at the latest. But my wife's still on the biggest sources of tension in our relationship after twenty five years of marriage, is I call my wife a time optimist. She said, it's like, oh, only days me five minutes to dry my hair, try my hand. I'm like, nothing just takes a couple of minutes in life. One thing you realize as an adult there is nothing that just takes a couple of minutes.
Speaker 2: I'm married to a time.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, it's so stressful. Both of my daughters I've raised the right way. They like to be somewhere on time, right. They realize that is the right way to be. My wife. If we have a restaurant booking, or we need to be somewhere at say one in the afternoon, my wife will think that we will leave around then No, And then sometimes I'll just go ahead because it just makes it less stressful for both of us. But really, I gets oh my god, are you like this, Patsy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, guilty. Really Chris hates it.
Speaker 4: I get very I think it's like a sign of rudeness to other people.
Speaker 2: I just think, like this, it's so easy to work backwards and go like yes. Sometimes I feel like lying to her and saying like, if we had at six, then just say we've got to be there at five thirty.
Speaker 4: It's what's the time. And I just add on time, there was a period word moves the clocks forward just by five or ten minutes. It's not going to do you a harm to arrive early somewhere for the wrong time.
Speaker 2: It would be a test for you to spend any holiday time with Bianker's family. Every time a holiday with them, they're all like it. They're all like this. They just don't care about the time. If it's something's at two o'clock, then leaving by two o'clock on time. We were all as a group relate to her brother's wedding rehearsals by an hour an hour.
Speaker 4: But then you've being run axed as someone else being ten to go where are they?
Speaker 2: And it brings me amassing anxiety. But then I got there because her family is so used to it. Her brother's like, yeah, that's a right, no worries.
Speaker 4: So anyway, when we go into this restaurants p Fillinn right, it's obviously they've got staff who are newly trained and stuff like it, so they're very, very attentive. They sit us down and I just thought the guy was making small talk instead of my wife. And they go and is there anything special occasion or anything tonight? And my wife goes, oh, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, it's a special Miles Stone. My husband and I are celebrating and you know a significant number, and we move on.
Speaker 2: When I asked for the bill, is the significant number one thousand shows?
Speaker 4: Yeah, But I don't say anything because I don't want to start talking about it. Doesn't dinner, so we leave it. Two hours later, asked for the bill, and then he looks at my wife like I'll be back in a moment, and we both go odd. We just thought, is he going to be one of those things where they get they put it in a book and it's like super expensive. I asked to see the menu because I'm not trying to add up, like how much? Why is he like, I'm going to go and get some loop Get ready, it's going to hurt anyway. They come back with a birthday cake and start singing happy birthday to me, and I didn't want to cause a scene. I felt so embarrassed, and my wife goes, oh my god, they think it's your birth just play along. People then start looking around singing happy birth the job. I'd have enjoy a fake birthday. I haven't bree chocolate cake with a candle. It was amazing. I might do that more often anytime you go in to a restaurant. It's my birthday today.
Speaker 3: Look, Christian Connell Show, Podcast.
Speaker 4: Of the Weekend. Went back and watched the show that's over twenty years old. And you know, sometimes you go back and see a TV show that you used to really really laugh and some of them stand up to the testa times some of them don't. It's kind of heartbreaking. So catching up with an old friend, you know, I wish who I hadn't hung out with you again. This is a very different time place. The TV show I went back to actually stands up really well. My daughter said to me, what's a classic Australian comedy? So if we in the UK have got like the Office of forty Towers, what is it here? And I said, oh, probably something like Kath and Kim. She, obviously, because she's sixteen, not heard of it. I said, look, watch an episode with me, see if you like it. She loved it so much we'd end up watching four episodes back to that that is still if any think it made me laugh even harder than the early two thousands when we first got it in the UK. I think it was two thousand and one, two thousand and two, What a funny, funny, so good, so good. The whole cast are very good as well. I forgotten how good Glenn Robbinson's as Cow. Oh my god, he steals and Magn's are they're still the scenes at times. They're so good. Yeah, Kathy Kim's still very funny now.
Speaker 3: Christian know Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: Did you watch it yesterday? Buddy getting his Lap of honor Ah Jack. It was so moving, so he had his family with him, he had his he had his kid in his arms. Everyone obviously gave him a standard ovation. He was in tears. He always very quiet guy swaggers on the oval, but it was it was amazing how we're so in all I think of actually seeing and normally I guess he's used to seeing people cheer him and that when he's kicks just another amazing goal he was getting. He was getting all this lover and adulation just by just being himself, and it was amazing. He was actually in tears. I was in tears watching.
Speaker 2: I wonder if he'll change his mind now about being at the Grand Final, because they every retiring player or all the legends that have retired that year get to do a lap of honor before the Grand Final and head I read that he didn't want to do it, just be big for that reason that he's very humble and he just doesn't like the accolades.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was amazing seeing it, all right. So I was just saying, how introduced my sixteen year old daughter to the genius of Kathy Kim over twenty years old and still stands up well. I was very please watch it again. She absolutely loved it. And when I was saying good night to her last night, she was like, she said, oh, can we watch some more Kathy Kim when I get home from scol And I was like, yes, She's gonna be right in life. And it's still really funny. Kathy Kim is very good. There are a lot of shows so you go back to and you watch them and they're like, you're like, oh my god, this is not a's very well and actually want to know who the hell was I then, how can we human being have enjoyed this show? My quality? There must have been so off the shows you go back to the mate you cringe, and the others are very very good that are kind of like that. I think they're like almost an amber. I would say like the The Office is like that for me, the UK Office and the American one. I still think twenty thirty years from now people watch that and still love Forty towerss as well. Perhapsly What's one that aged as well or doesn't as well?
Speaker 5: Definitely one that doesn't age well but was brewing at the time was Kingswood Country with Ted Bullpit.
Speaker 4: Was it Ted? And was his wife Thelma? Thelma? Yes, basically just a very angry dad. He was.
Speaker 5: He had angry dad syndrome and it was absolutely hilarious.
Speaker 4: But this is eighties.
Speaker 5: I can't remember it.
Speaker 4: It was even born. What do you mean he can't remember it? It was early eighties, wasn't it.
Speaker 5: It was a classic. It was a classic.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, absolutely been the seven Network or something like that back in the day.
Speaker 5: It was Channel seven.
Speaker 4: From memory the theme tune as well. You don't even need to know the eighties. Listen to hear this. It says very obvious, lame comedy is coming. You know, a deck chair that's not been put up right, that dad sits down And.
Speaker 5: I think it was Fridge Grundy's brain child.
Speaker 2: Wasn't it.
Speaker 5: I think it was one of his.
Speaker 4: But what a brain child, Steve Jobs, Ted Bob.
Speaker 5: It was so in today's day, Jack, so politically incorrect and would.
Speaker 4: Be That's what Patsy loved about it does hold off. They knew how to ever, laughed back then at the old foreigners next door and would pick on the carry again.
Speaker 2: Excuse me.
Speaker 6: The Italian son in law would tell you, mafia, get a feer out of the fridge, and he'd say, put the money on the top of the fridge, and he'd call.
Speaker 5: Him not a nice name. But I'm not going to repeat it.
Speaker 4: But quote it's like karaoke.
Speaker 5: Oh, I'm not going to repeat it because it's so.
Speaker 2: Politically with so much joy in your voice.
Speaker 4: Ever, its very mean. You got more to say with the moon room. Finally, we thought you loved that Italian's next door. They love pasta. That's what that joke makes me laugh.
Speaker 5: His beloved Kings would car and he'd say, not the Kings would I'm just shampooed the bump of somebody's trying to.
Speaker 4: Make out they don't like this show. It's all you really love it, celebrating it.
Speaker 5: It was a classic.
Speaker 4: Bring that laughing at four as it's down the colf.
Speaker 2: They go for Reg Grundy in that.
Speaker 4: If you go away all right nine four one four four three a t. You also remember the TV show Kingswood it was in the eighties country, Yeah, Kingswood Country. That's it. TV shows that standard testas are well and those that don't.
Speaker 3: This is the Christian o'connells show.
Speaker 4: Podcast something you last ten minutes. It turns out if you're a fan of Kingswood Country, my producers do not want you coming on the show chatting about it. Just what we cannot put any of these people to these people feels like a sitcom from the eighties.
Speaker 2: Paths where you censored yourself. They did have no problems. That's what I said. I can repeat.
Speaker 4: You know, you know you understand the irony some of the stuff they got away with in Kingswood Country.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Well, you say it's a different time, but even in the eighties I think, yeah.
Speaker 4: All right. So what I was trying to do really was talking about the TV shows that age well and the ones that don't. But it's it's very subjective, isn't it. You know, what one person consays aging not well, others say, it's actually a kind of maturity to it. Let's get to Lisa here. TV shows that age well and don't age. So welcome Onring Lisa.
Speaker 7: Good morning, guys. How are you we tempts to the time? So is MAGARTHA my seven and eleven year old Absolutely love it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I used to love that show because I know they brought it back. There's like a reboot of it which had for which about the one in the eighties with Richard Dina in the eighties.
Speaker 7: Yes, absolutely loves but had to the whole series and he just constantly watches.
Speaker 4: I love that, yeah, because he was always I mean I thought it would be slightly ludicrous now because there were some crazy things. I remember once he was in a maximum security prison in Panama and he simply made a balloon and just floated out of the prison. They were looking at him shooting Why didn't you shoot him? They were like, hey, well fair play, I mean, how did he even get the materials? Let's let him go?
Speaker 2: And then I remember the balloon got a hole in this and he taped it up with a map.
Speaker 4: IM like, you still think about something when she smiled that episode and I seemed to remember his word, he was trapped underwater and he made a homemade submersible. Yeah, genius. Yeah, I love that show.
Speaker 2: Mcguitha reminds me of my nan. Instead of watching kids TV shows, we go over to my NaN's house and which we watched McGary with Oh my god.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I think it was my dad that actually introduced him to us.
Speaker 4: But yes, do you know the guy came up with the idea is Henry Winkler? Yes, co created with another guy interviewing Henry Winkley years ago. And he's a really interesting guy and uh he was just talking about the weird life and times. He said, he went, you know, I co created guy And I was like, what how did you come into that?
Speaker 2: Would you say it's his Brainshart, I would.
Speaker 4: Say that he's like America's wrench Grundy Lisa, thank you very much. You call my head.
Speaker 9: Good week, You have a good day, you too, write.
Speaker 4: Nothing about Kingswood Country, Prove good morning.
Speaker 10: Good morning guys big then love the show, Thank you?
Speaker 4: And what's the TV show that ate as well or doesn't age well?
Speaker 10: Definite as well? The West Wing?
Speaker 4: Now, I used to love the west wing right like a brilliant brilliant show. Hard to keep up with it at times because the dialogue was so sort of quick and back of fourth but Aaron Sulk and a genius. I love that show. Is it's still good to go back to.
Speaker 10: Yeah, definitely, I watched it just two days ago.
Speaker 4: What do you mean you watched it? There were like sort of two hundred seasons of it.
Speaker 10: Yeah, but there's some really awesome episodes like Supremes you just keep coming back to because they're awesome.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But I mean I can pick and choose an episode of Seinfeld, say, because it's a comedy, so you can just jump into any episode and enjoy it. But with the drama, you don't just go back to your favorite episode.
Speaker 4: I can imagine doing that, like the brother I can think about like the Brothers in Arms episode I absolutely love. That's an incredibly moving one. I can imagine watching that again.
Speaker 10: Well, there's all the season, probably I've watched it all about fifteen times, so it does feel like going back to some good friends.
Speaker 4: That is super fan. I mean, you're like Patsy and Kings would.
Speaker 5: Go, no, you missed you tear around there.
Speaker 4: You've missed something. I'd have a thing. But you've missed something about me then R.
Speaker 1: I don't know you're listening to the question O Carl's Show podcast.
Speaker 4: How would you tell me what happened to you this weekend? In six words? We'll get to mine in a bit. Mine will be I didn't know it had bleach. We'll get to that bit later on this morning. Terrible accident yesterday. They should have said in bigger letters. It did have the letters apparently, but in bigger big make that clear, all right, put a bee up there or something like that, or an alarm before I starts spraying on stuff. Anyway, Jack, what's your six weekend? What happened to you this weekend?
Speaker 2: We were teased by a sausage sizzle. Oh dear, Saturday morning, we're taking Gordy to his swimming lesson and they're just getting ready for the swimming lessons and ordeal in itself, packing that bag and making sure.
Speaker 4: This is your stuff. Yeah, you snacks, gets a protein powder, creatine and that for muscleman.
Speaker 2: I'm in the water as well, so it's all his swimming stuff plus all my swimming stuff. And sometimes if I want to get a sleep in, oh skip breakfast, just do his breakfast, pack the bag and take him to swimming. So by the time we were getting through his swimming lesson, I was so hungry on Saturday morning, so I couldn't believe our luck when we rounded the corner and smell a sausage sizzle.
Speaker 4: You need a little win like that early in the morning when you turn those swim lessons.
Speaker 2: We actually turned to each other and just said, like, how lucky, like the days of days where we're so hungry with skip breakfast and now a sausage sizzle.
Speaker 4: Has warm instant hospital.
Speaker 2: So these three three guys cooking hundreds of sausages out in the front of the swimming lessons and I get up there and go, do you guys tap or take cash? And he goes, sorry, these aren't for sale. These are for the swim squad. They're going to finish their swim training and when they come out here, these sausages are for them. How cruel, the injustice of a Christian.
Speaker 4: Shame on you rotarians.
Speaker 2: My mind was working over time to think of some kind of law. There was like, no, no, you can't. If you're sizzling sausages, you have to sell them. This is unfair.
Speaker 4: You just say, oh, yeah, sorry, he's part of the swim squad when their youngest youngest member, this guy is giving the next felt so well.
Speaker 2: The rest of them are teenager, so I can't really point to the boys.
Speaker 4: He's a mascot. He's a mascot. It's their youngest gifted.
Speaker 2: Tried to do all three of us tried to do like puppy dog eyes so that they had so many sausages. So he gives me missed like two. That's what I thought. He didn't give us any.
Speaker 4: Oh that is cruel. So what do you do? We were hungry? Understand you would have been angry then as well, Like angry, aren't because you're because you actually start your stomach starts making that noise. I thought there was stuff coming in here.
Speaker 2: Well, as soon as you smell sausages, you've promised your belly will be eating sausages to salivated.
Speaker 4: You get warmed down. Aren't ready for that snag? This is a snag denial, all right? Text in then your six World Weekend for seven five O three one O four three. We'll go through Patsy's and minds.
Speaker 3: Next Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Good Morning, Amanda, Amanda six World weekend. I watched five games of footy Amanda meant to who's a Saints fan? Well done Finals? Christian six word weekend husband provided CPR on a stranger. That's incredible, what a hero, Amazing Christian. My boyfriend proposed on my birthday over the weekend. Smart move doing that because he knows now the birthday is the anniversary of the proposed or together. Yeah. I was interviewing Vince Form once and he said his their wedding anniversary is Valentine's Day, and he deliberately picked that day so he will never forget it's his wife's went in their wedding anniversary because it's Valentine's Day. He can get both of those things, right, Patsy, what's your six word weekend?
Speaker 5: Yes, went to the senior school production. So Audie's school had the senior school production. It's production season at school.
Speaker 4: So he's in her school production, isn't.
Speaker 5: She anye In a couple of weeks time, the kids are.
Speaker 4: Getting By the way, do you think you know we're doing this? We'll be talking about later on this morning. High school Rejects, where we're going to put on for one night only a school play for grown ups who never got speaking parts. We need this week to work out what the actual plays. Do you think Annie would be a good one? Are there a lot of roles in Annie?
Speaker 5: There's a heap of roles because there's all the orphans. There's the dog.
Speaker 2: There's the dog.
Speaker 4: You can't say a listener, oh you didn't get anything when you were ten, but be a dog.
Speaker 5: It's a dog. There's what's her name? It the orphanage? No, I forget the lady's name, Baddy or bucks? Yes, no, that's the daddy that any Yeah, yeah, but there is lots. Yeah, yeah, I can get the script if you like peruse through it. And it's been shortened because how long is our play going to be?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I don't want to do the full thing.
Speaker 5: It's not going to be like a three hour thing.
Speaker 4: Is that the Irishman? We're doing a musical version of Scorre Sacy's The Irishman.
Speaker 2: We're doing three hours. Half the audience is going into mission.
Speaker 4: My six word weekend is I didn't know it had beach yesterday. My wife said to me, what are yours? It's a trap as well. My wife said to me, what is it you're really looking forward to today. Well, the D's game, that's a half three. So I said, up until then, I'm all yours and she went, well, you know all year you've putting off went oh, oh god, no, not cleaning the garage door and then the fence. It's been caked in like bird crap all year round and they just dump on our garden fence, right, and the garage doors. She said, can you clean that? Right? I knew that that stuff is like kated in. It's been there all year round, right.
Speaker 2: Pressure washer? Would that help?
Speaker 4: We have got one of those. Were too lazy to do that. So I went to Walworths and I looked for something that you could just spray that would melt it somehow using signs. So I saw something called super Clean, and all I saw were the words hospital grade, disinfected, and I thought, listen, you don't see bird shit on an operating table. You shouldn't. Okay, doctor, I'll take this. That's my prescription. I start spraying this stuff.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 4: My eyes are watering because I don't think at the time, must be watering because it's got bleaching it. I leave. I think, I just leave this. It's coated in it, right, it's coated and it's like foaming. It's just everywhere. My wife is in the kitchen and as it going and make a cup of she goes, what a terrible smell of bleach? What is that smell of bleach? And I don't really smell it, but know when you do it, thinking bloody hell, I've been on there about half an holurady probably strip. She goes, Chris, tell me that thing's not got bleach. I went, is this called supercane? It just it's hospital. It's just like a pro We shouldn't even really have it. She grabs it. It saysn't block capitals, this bleach. She goes, You're gonna have to get loads of water now and rinse or it took off a lot. We're gonna have to I'm gonna have to get quotes. I think that the garage doll gonna have to be repainted. It looks horribly. It just looks mottled and bits of it. Even this morning in the dark, I could see that stains and residue, but I made it actually worse. It looked better with bird poop on there.
Speaker 2: But the birdpoo's gone.
Speaker 4: Oh, the bird poop has been mounted off.
Speaker 1: Hospital grade Christian Connell's show podcast, So.
Speaker 4: With me accidentally using a cleaning spray that was heavily bleach based when I was trying to clean a garage door. Get all the bird poop that have been encrusted on there throughout the year. We want to know when you're trying to make something better and actually what you've done if you've made it worse. So if you've made something worse, you had good intentions. I did yesterday thought I'll clean this all that, but I've actually made it worse. I thank you very much. Met By the way, it's a paintery, so he walks around the base. I there it is happy to come around and have a look at it. I may be giving you a call after the show today. I love the fact that mix that he's been listening to the show since day two. I was smart. A lot of these kind of Johnny come laters go doing this is day one mix or smart one like I'll give you that one a miss. Day nine is when the smart people really got into them.
Speaker 2: It's more believable. I don't always believe the people who say the nast thing since day one.
Speaker 4: No, So whenever you made it worse. I made it worse. The other thing I also would like some stories on if we ever gain any right is earlier this year, I was using the pressure washer right to clean the path and there was a gardener working across the road who came over and often chat to him. He said, I be going and he said, hey, make sure you're using a hard shoe. Will you use that? So Ande, I know, severed three toes off there because they're wearing thongs. Severed three toes clean off with a pressure washer. And I'm like, that is not true. That's an urban legend, that is not true.
Speaker 2: They're strong, but they're not that there strong.
Speaker 4: No way someone says right now with missing digits because of a pressure washer or is it just for the benefit of doubt. I have to get your l WORW to tap out their phone number if you have lost fingers or toes while using a pressure washer. But you've got still about someone making it worse.
Speaker 2: Oh, my mother in law did it in our place. She was she thought she was cleaning the floorboards with some kind of cleaning oil and didn't realize what she had was a product that used on chopping boards, so that the oil soaks in.
Speaker 4: A make like a stain.
Speaker 2: They are like a food protector almost, and so she stained all the maybe ten floorboards before she realized what she was doing.
Speaker 4: Now that's even worse. Now you've got some sort of two in shroud there on the floorboards.
Speaker 1: Carl Brighter, No, you're listening to the Christiano Carl's Show podcast.
Speaker 4: A gardener told me that he knew someone who was using a pressure washer and they accidentally severed off three of their toes. Now, I don't know if he's winding me up. Jack, you're pretty convinced he was. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's strong enough to go through toes.
Speaker 4: Patsy, you know grizzy stories. You're at a report in the news that someone's lost their digits through a pressure was.
Speaker 5: You know, what if they were wearing dongs or bear feet.
Speaker 2: This guy was impossible, even still on bare skin. I don't think it's strong enough to go.
Speaker 4: Through strong Yeah, nine four one four four three. Kerry, good morning. You made it worse.
Speaker 11: I made it very worse. My husband had an earache, so I put some ear drops in his ear, not realizing that they were the dog's ear drops that were about six.
Speaker 8: Months out of date and he ended up with an absence.
Speaker 4: Oh, I guess there'd be an even stronger one. Those big old doggie, isn't it the massive? Aren't they cold in there? You know? Like we've got German shepherd got an air infection. I was asked to pump something in with some huge sewage.
Speaker 11: And I'm a nurse to boot.
Speaker 4: Oh no, Carrie, you should have known better. I know, Carrie. Thank you most of the story. Mate. Have a good day.
Speaker 11: Thank you you too, Baye.
Speaker 4: CLARESSA good morning.
Speaker 12: Ah, Hi, how are you going?
Speaker 4: I'm good, Clorisa, hope you had a nice weekend and you made it worse. Yeah, I did.
Speaker 12: When I was about ten, my dad had us over at a friend's place. They were doing some stuck out of the backyard and we've made a terrible mess in the house. So I had decided to clean the floors and my dad's girlfriend at the time used to just grab the bleach bottle and spray it all over the floors when she was cleaning. So what I didn't know was that she used to dilute the bottle, and so I grabbed the bleach bottle and I sprayed all over the floor, and it was the actual bleach bottle, So it left that white line all over these wooden.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you'd always wanted to white furs.
Speaker 12: No, no, but the thing was it wasn't even our house, so it was it was.
Speaker 4: There goes the deposits. Yeah, that's incredible. Yeah, Chris, thank you very much the story. And let's go Robert here, come on in, Robert, Yes, Rob, Yeah, yeah, we're good, Rob. Yeah. So gentlemen, Yeah, yeah, we're very good. Now, Rob, you talk about pressure washers. Have you lost toes?
Speaker 13: I haven't lost a toe, but I saw a bloke who's using an industry one nearly lose a head first while he was using it, and I went through an armor club and nearly took his hand off. And I personally have one that will cut concrete.
Speaker 4: I can cut concrete. It's going to cut through your metatassals or your meto castle.
Speaker 2: Obviously that's a different one than you're using on your garage door.
Speaker 4: Stonemason's version on the.
Speaker 13: Ones you can buy now have such a high pressure that they're basically the same that will cut your toes off. Anyone can buy them, anyone, Rob.
Speaker 2: We were talking in here about an urban legend of even a guy popping his friend's head off his.
Speaker 4: Head off two. We talk about stuff like that time you would be able to.
Speaker 2: In time the future as advancements in pressure washers get to start.
Speaker 13: Well, so old bristle and and attendance and blood vessels inflation to cut through.
Speaker 4: It'll cut through all good stuff for our breakfast show. All right, Rob, thank you very much. You could.
Speaker 13: Have a great day.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Christian, I just try to cool into some new someone who lost hose from a pressure hose. The reason why we're talking about this team that early on this ship, I was using my pressure washer and a gardener who haven't been working on the house opposite came and said, hey, make sure using a hard show on that I know someone who lost three toes using a pressure washer. We're not sure about this tool. Sorry, but this guy here, because he knows someone lost toes from a pressure hose. He got a compo pay out and told me if I ever need a quick cash I should do the same.
Speaker 2: What what do you need your pinky toe for?
Speaker 4: Really? I think the thumb. The thumb you get the most money from me if you lose it in a dustyal axen. So I presume the same with you. Yeah, you're right. I can go and see McCartney this year. Samley McCartney is going to look out giving it the old thumbs up like he does. They've got no thumbs in Melbourne, all right, nine four one four one o four three. You made it worse. Good morning Mary, Good morning Mary.
Speaker 9: So what a say? Nineteen ninety nine, first job, putting on the LS over the weekend, working on my keyboard, which is a very old and clanky, drinking my diet coke, bolt, my diet coke all over my keyboard, big manner, messive, panic attack, got soapy sponge, went to wiper. So now my people thoroughly wish and I'm thinking, oh pooth. They founder heater, put it on, tried to drive it off, and all these keys walped into each other.
Speaker 4: Put on top of the heater.
Speaker 9: No, no, not on top in front of the heater.
Speaker 4: Very strong. The keyboards, Yeah.
Speaker 9: I melted the keyboards a massive panic attacks. I'm like, very young, first job, Absolute palpitations about going to work on Monday.
Speaker 4: Mary, Thank you very much for sharing your story, mate. Have a good day, No problems chairs fin now, Jason, good morning, Jason, Good.
Speaker 14: Morning team, and Christian, how are we all? I made several things worse here. So my hands were really slippery one day and I was trying to undo some superglue, and I decided that rather than going to wash my hands or dry my hands, I'd put the leader of the super glue in my teeth and rotate the superglue tube. By doing so, I also must have squealize a little too hard, and then I filled my mouth up on not filled the hard, put superglue in my mouth immediately. I didn't want my tongue to get stuck to my teeth, so then I grabbed my tongue with my fingers with some and my little pit finger. Then I superglued dead together. But then I thought, I've got to get the super glue out, so I'll wash it out with some water. So then I went to the tap like your kitchen sink tap, turned on the tap and sort of like guzzling on the side, and that makes the super glue go off even harder. It makes it go off super quick. So from there I'm now stuck with my fingers touched to my tongue and then have to go to the doctor and then try and talk to people over the phone and get in the point.
Speaker 4: Thick Jason, that is an insane story. So what happened then when you got the daughters? I think it's Is it coffee granules? Is what some people say recommend you when you when you stop the super glue?
Speaker 14: No, I'm not.
Speaker 8: I'm not sure.
Speaker 14: I just know that the doctor, I don't think.
Speaker 8: He cared too much.
Speaker 14: He just pretty much pried my finger off the tongue. And yeah, the worst part having.
Speaker 4: A bad days you have all the patients get up and walk.
Speaker 14: And then years later I went to the dentist and he goes, oh, she seemed to have a lot of plot on your bottom teeth. And I didn't think much and then we was pulling it off. He's like, this is weird.
Speaker 2: How many years later was the glue still on your towel?
Speaker 8: Maybe five really.
Speaker 4: Strong enamel almost like, no, it is super glue.
Speaker 14: And it was really weird because then then on the bottom of your teeth you get that sensation back of all the ribs of the inside of the teeth.
Speaker 4: I heard that must have been lovely for you. You know like to hear again.
Speaker 14: You know, no, I did lots of things wrong.
Speaker 7: Really, we're going to.
Speaker 4: Make you our corner of the week. We love that story. I think we've only had it on a Monday. But you won a thousand dollars right now, Thank you, Thanks God, Jason, You're our call the week. Brilliant story, amazing story. Well thanks, Mercedes Bens, Mercedes Benz Berrit you win one thousand dollars. Find super savings on GLC and Jele SUVs and Mercedes Benz Berrick only while stocks last. Jason, really really well told story. Thank you very much.
Speaker 8: Thanks.
Speaker 4: All right tomorrow on the show, more super glue stories. Everyone must have these strange superglue stories. The other thing I was thinking about on tomorrow's show, right, so we've got miss ur Lewitz in a minute is like I was talking about an hour ago, almost talking about I made it worse when I was just too lazy to hook cut the pressure washer. It would have taken probably ten minutes. But you know, when you just tired on Sunday at the weekend, I just can't be bothered that ten minutes might as well be ten days. And so you take a shortcut and that's when you make a mistake and you put bleachs on something and it gets worse. How many times has something bad happened where we were just too lazy?
Speaker 2: Well even Jason was too lazy to wash his hair, so put the glue.
Speaker 4: In his mouth. It's as simplers sometimes that you know, when the remotes on the blink and you take batteries out of something else to give it to something else, at some point it will You're you're just banking future debt, are you? But and you were talking about how often there too lazies when you can't be bothered to go and get a ladder.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, the amount of times I stood on a chair even sometimes a swivel chair, get up somewhere.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like a core workout.
Speaker 2: Stupid, but you just think if I get the ladder out, I got to clunk it through the house, get it from the backyard.
Speaker 4: Too hard. So tomorrow on the show Super Glue Stories and also when you were too lazy? What happened? Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au. Thanks Jason, great story brag.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Christian o'connells Show podcast every Monday.
Speaker 4: We are your home of the misheard lyrics. Thank you very much to everyone who sends them in every single day. Main Marx has crammed with various misheard lyrics, even over the weekend. Thank you very much. All Right, let's get into this week's brand new mishard lyrics.
Speaker 1: It's just another miss heard Monday.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell's miss heard lyrics.
Speaker 4: All right, when we play back, well you believe is as heard lyric. If we believe it, we play this if we cannot hear it. And for the truly great ones. Hall of last week Hall of Famer went to a mina for the Cranberry song Zombie Zombie Zombie Salami. All right, brand new ones, let's go to Ivan Goodman's Got Attention by Charlie. You've been running around throwing that dirt all over my name. You've running around, running around, running around, throwing that dirt al money or is it you've been throwing that turtle on my knee. You've running around, running around, running around, throwing that dirt al money. Definitely, Wow, that's one hundred percent. Thank you very much, Ivan, Mark Green's Got the Number of the Beasts by Iron Maiden was a reflection of my warped mind staring back at me. Deep staring or slightly even. Tone shift was a reflection of my wombat staring back at me, staring.
Speaker 1: You know what?
Speaker 4: That is a great spot, world Donella, You're right, great spot and Mark I've got to be When are you listening to Iron Maiden? Evie Jones has got this on Shuka Khan from I'm every Woman. I'm every Woman. It's all in me now gone to ev Jones. What she's miss hearing is I'm hairy woman. It's all in me. I'm a hairy woman. I'm hearing hairy woman. Yes. Trey Davis has got twenty one pilots Heathens. All my friends are heathens. Take it slow. He's listening carefully to this one. Or is it all my friends are eating steak? It's slow friends music us so ish. Vincenza Rossie has got this Christian. My dad plays nineties eurodance tunes when he's working in the shed. He's been getting this a little wrong for years. Rhythm of the nighte on Corona. You could put some joy upon my face, or is it you could put some turnip on my face? There the change a Rossie, Yes, come Hall, and finally let's go to Andrew Christian. This one calls my son Well and the Disney Greatest Hits album We're forced to listen to in the car you Can Fly. You Can Fly from Peter Pan film sing Along, Take the Path that Moonbeams make? Or is it? Think of Batman pooping snakes? Andrew, great work, Think of Batman pooping snakes.
Speaker 8: And Hall.
Speaker 4: No one just came in yesterday. Thank you very much, Andrew. There's always The email address to your missheard lyrics is Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Footy season gone very quickly and bang the Final eight lockdown Finals begins a week Thursday. Bombers, it's tough like now, oh so close to really strong games for us.
Speaker 2: No actually soured football so much? Why watch another game? All weeks packed away for this year?
Speaker 4: Horrible enter the season for Bombers fans. You didn't deserve that, however, though, So the eight is all sorts of So it all kicks off a week Thursday with the Pies and D's and then some huge games coming up. So the Final eight teams are.
Speaker 2: So the Pies will take on the Demons, Carlton will take on Sydney Saints, First Giants and Lyons vers Port Adelaide.
Speaker 4: For Saints fans and Blues fans make it into the finals is massive, I shouting to a friend of mine. Right, he's a true sort of Saints fan, has been man and born, and he's got two sons their teenagers. Right. They go to games together. His sons have never ever in their lifetime really known what it was like to ever play finals, first time ever their family. They go to all the games together, they watch their proper Saints fans. They're actually going to see their team in the finals.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 4: He was telling me what a huge deal this is for them, Right, he says he's been through so much up and down, small downs. They're so happy to be in the finals. So of all the Blues fans as well, it's amazing. Which team will be your kind of surrogate adopted team.
Speaker 2: I'm excited for both, but I think I would love to see the Blues get some success. It's been a long.
Speaker 4: Long time, okay, So every year we always like to try and do something in the run up to the Grand final because the city changes. You can even feel it's changed now knowing about the eight, but over the next couple of weeks, as we go through all the different games, it changes. The city comes a different city, especially when it's the finals week. So what we want to do this year, whatever the two teams are, whoever they are, I know there'll be there'd be big super fans who can make a cage about why their team is going to win it. This year. We're looking for super fans. Once we know who the two teams are. We want you to put your house on the line. It's a phrase you put a lot right, it's a phrase we will band you around. Put your house a line. We actually wanted to put your house on the line. Though. We will paint your house in your team's color, whether you rent there, you live there. We'll paint the front of the house in your team's color. However, this is going to be obviously before the final. It'll also have to sail on there declaring your team the premieres, the new reigning twenty twenty three premiers. So everyone going by your house will go, wait, the game, isn't it. He's gone big, He's gone bold and I know that all sports fans were superstitious. You will be worried right that you might chink, sick your two. That's what I be worried about. It doesn't matter. Then you're not a proper fan. You're not prepared to actually put your house on the line. Will you do this? If it was the Bombers, Oh, I would.
Speaker 2: Be so keen to do it with my wife already.
Speaker 4: You're your balls went up into your throat. I would be so key.
Speaker 2: This is the first thing you think edited it? Yeah, what would the conversation be like Rare? I said, yeah, some guys are coming around to playing paint our house black and red. But I would be I mean if.
Speaker 4: We got wife out when I when it was the d You remember a couple years ago when they made a Grand Final. I said, it'd be great. You know, it's like lockdown, so it'd be great if I could just repaint the fence, puts painted back. She was like, are you men would look terrible? Absolutely laughing stock at the streets.
Speaker 2: You see the fence a lot though, Yes.
Speaker 4: And also there's ones that never painted back. Yes, a long time for the Tigers, that's like three years. It dates when they did it, doesn't it? You said I squit a few years ago now, So is anyone keen to do this? So if your team, if you're really happy today, if you're a Saints fan, D's fan, Pie's fanny, you so confident that they're going to make it into the final that you would put your house on the line, I should just say as well, a full DIESC gamer here, we will repaint afterwards. Okay, maybe we do that next year, though You've got to still have it up there. It should be. It shouldn't be the next You shouldn't be on the Monday afterwards. It should have to sting for a while. Are you up for doing this? Nine four one four one oh four three? Your team go to the final, we come around, redecorate your house.
Speaker 3: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: You know, earlier we were talking about we'd love to get super glue stories for tomorrow's show. Stand by guys, what is this covering hot right now? Where the punchline is a story about a left testicle being glued to a thigh that's on tomorrow's show from great like that guy?
Speaker 2: How can I sleep tonight?
Speaker 4: Irresponsible me? Sorry? All right? So now we know who are in the final eight for finals, what we want to do is, I think we're going to call put your house on the line. So when we know who two teams are going into the Grand Final, we want to come around redecorate your houses. Not just in your team's covers. You'll see a lot of that all over town, but actually declaiming the your team ahead of the Grand Final. Are going to be the twenty twenty three premiere, so you really have to be a super fan. I was actually this warning. Whether we get any married men calling in for this, I think it's many single I think as many single fans. I don't think it's it's such a big family.
Speaker 2: Decision, but we're paying the house back. Think you have a newly painted house this time next year.
Speaker 4: This time next year, they're going to see it with even twelve months. The loss of her grandfather isn't enough. You've got to have your house painted in where people are going.
Speaker 2: But you know you lost a period of time to be determined you'll have your house.
Speaker 4: All right, TVC check the t's and c's.
Speaker 14: Uh.
Speaker 4: So we want to know right now just engaging interest. Is anyone up for doing this Jemma's online. Who's a super fan? She's twelve? Good morning, Gemma, Good morning, Good morning, Jemma. So thanks to cool on the show. So your team's in the final. Who are you fan of?
Speaker 7: Thank you?
Speaker 4: Saints? And so rest of the family at home? Are they all big Saints fans?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 11: Gently, mess just you?
Speaker 4: So what are mom and dad support? Who do they support?
Speaker 8: Hook?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Dear, So we're going to rock up with some black, red and white pain and pain in all in Saints colors. But your parents don't agree to it?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Now do they know you're calling in to sort of offer the chance to have your house redecorated in Saint Kilder colors? Yeah? Lad, Now we can't obviously, Gman. Just take your word for this. Are they in the background where I could hear a yes? Yeah, yes, that sounds like you, Jemma.
Speaker 2: This is the audio version of faking your parents.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I'm happy with that. I'm happy with That's what. And bosses can go wrong, Gemma, Good luck. Let's hope it's the Saints. Yeah, okay, Brett, Good morning Brett, Jim.
Speaker 8: How are we We're good?
Speaker 4: Brett. So you've got a situation where it could be a half and half house.
Speaker 8: Oh, it's a very very big situation where we heard at the moment the walls and the younger son are calling and myself and the older son are carlson.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, it's a divided house.
Speaker 8: Yes, it is, and it's very very interesting at the game day when we're playing against each other.
Speaker 4: I bet there's some big old fall outs, aren't they there, because some half the house is jubilant and up and around and the other half are absolutely sort of devastated.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, there's a bit of before going on as well.
Speaker 4: Paint.
Speaker 2: Are you calling up to win Carton colors for your house or are you going to hopefully like split it down the middle.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we'll probably have to split it down the middle. I always have the restroom.
Speaker 4: We'll house. We have to measure to exactly the right what the what the midpoint is?
Speaker 2: I mean, they're already beautiful, gorgeous, it's a great look.
Speaker 8: Good, So she can have she can have the restroom and the doghouse.
Speaker 4: Gotcha, Brett.
Speaker 2: We're not paying the inside of the house, you know, we're painting the facade of the house.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, A house of the line nursery. No, it's the front of the house.
Speaker 3: Brett the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: On the time wasted this week two hundred dollars Chemists Warehouse voucher for best in show Chemist's Warehouse Father's Day Sale. Get big brown fragrances at low prices like DC ten Sport by Dan Carter. Patsy wears this excuse me, sister forty nine ninety nine Chemists Warehouse. Great savings every single day.
Speaker 5: You know what I do wear though, that's Chris's. Is his one of his Chanel ones, the blue one. I do wear that. No, no, no, no, the blue Chanel Blue. It's so lovely.
Speaker 4: Oh the blue blue.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 4: Chimmi's Warehouse. Great savings every day like DC ten Spot by Dan Carter as well by Petrela Jones. I know what you and I want under that to Father's Day treated. I'm not looking forward to DC ten Carter kids. I hope you're listening right now. All right, so today we're looking for your Jim movies. Take a take a movie to the gym Forrest Pump Gold, Dumb and Dumbbell Gold. This was a Jackie Boy Creatine.
Speaker 2: Wolf don't take he does.
Speaker 4: I've seen the roid ranging here. He tries bench breads in the desk. The listeners, Silver.
Speaker 2: If never tried.
Speaker 4: To pick time for an intervention. Guys, he calls it angel powder.
Speaker 5: You did chin up some on that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he does creatine.
Speaker 2: I hang from there.
Speaker 4: It's with us. He's mad on that creatine powder. White men can't pump gold pex in the city. Throw mama from the cross trainer, Silver and ben Hertz, you had a bigger on that creating that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, take a movie to the gym.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's working out Jack.
Speaker 2: Reindeer gains while Yeah, Silver, Beauty and the beast mode.
Speaker 4: That's gold.
Speaker 2: Sergeant bolco that.
Speaker 4: Powder.
Speaker 2: And once you're done in the gym and you're all all finished, you're you're as fit as a fiddler on the roof.
Speaker 5: Oh that's shocking.
Speaker 4: You're gonna say someone else. I was gonna say, I agree the this that he went he saw and waved his head like on, here's a bunch of lies. I think you're like this one straight from King good Country up on that angel does their jack? All right, take a movie to the gym. What have you got? Four seventy five three one oh four three text them in.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Seriously, what's in that shake you take every day? What it is creating? It's creating, it's are you roiding right now? Are you roiding right now?
Speaker 2: It's oat milk organic open.
Speaker 4: Oh sure, okay sir, not with those games, all right, that's with a z okay tomorrow's show. Today, let's left hard tam on the show. Do you have a missing digit? Fingers or toes? Looking for your stories of missing digits? Afterwards selling about a garden who told me that you can lose your toes. He knew someone up any lost their toes when using a pressure washer. So have you got a story about why you have a missing digit? We'd love to have it on tomorrow's show. What a treat would be for all of Melbourne. Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au and any story about super glue, same email addressed Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast