Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: It's very quaint, defaate Christian. This pleases our souls.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show Gold one O four Pine three.
Speaker 2: Hey coome morning. It is eight minutes pass minutes past six when he start the show, and this is half high anyway, Come on, it's a Christian O'Connell show.
Speaker 4: Come on and Jack morning guys.
Speaker 2: Come on and Patsy morning boys. Now, Patsy, please tell us about the spirited discussion last night between you and the Love God.
Speaker 5: Well, we had toasties for lunch yesterday, and we always have this debate because when I do a toasty, I always put the butter like a normal sandwich on the inside before you put it in the sandwich press. But Chris insists that it's no butter on the inside with the fillings. You put the butter on the outside of the bread, so that leaves a nice golden crisp on the outside.
Speaker 4: I'm afraid I gonna side with Chris on the outside. Yeah, because it makes it a bit non stick on the jaffle maker.
Speaker 2: No, no, it gives you. You're right. I think it's so what it called Is it mulsifying it or something gives it that nice crackle on the outside. I almost to speaking a bit of rock salt, so it just gives it that nice stere.
Speaker 5: Oh we have this argument all the time. Anyway, it was that bad yesterday he said, no, I just move aside. I'm going to make my own. He wouldn't even eat the one I'd made. It had to have the butter.
Speaker 2: I behave like a child, and that man no problem with that. So you got no button on the outside. No, right, we all dry.
Speaker 6: No, but it's still golden, and it's.
Speaker 2: Still rusty ass and the risk of sticking to the pair.
Speaker 6: No, it doesn't stick.
Speaker 5: Are you one of those people that never cleans down your sandwich press.
Speaker 2: Immediately while it's hot because it easy to wipe it off straight away.
Speaker 4: I let the flavor carry on to the next sandwich with the air fryer. The flavor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, no, no, that's not tang that's much.
Speaker 4: Phil cables kill any bacteria.
Speaker 2: Do you know what this is? You won't believe I actually did this right, And I still can't believe this. There's about ten years ago when we first got a Jeff all right and my wife was out, and I was thinking it was taken ages to clean it because I hadn't done it straight away. I thought I'd just shove it the dishwash and put it on by itself. Fuck turns out electric things, they just they will never work again.
Speaker 4: Want to come out crystal clean?
Speaker 2: Though, Oh good god, it was so clean to go straight to a waste departments, so clean. I still stunned now at my own stupidity. What was I thinking? I remember drying it out, and then my wife go, it will never work again, and it'd be absolutely fine at this will be absolutely fine. It never ever worked again because the dishwasher look was like an hour and a half cycle of jets and water going into it. All right. So Patsy's saying, so you inside only no outside?
Speaker 4: Correct?
Speaker 2: I do both. Actually I still have it on the inside with the fillings. You're a dear devil. Yeah, That's how we live. That's why we were world probably the wildest people on the radio in the world. All right, So does anyone else not put it on the outside. When you're making a toast in the Jefford you burning it and scorching it, like Patsy, You're.
Speaker 3: Listening to the Christiano Kyle Show podcast.
Speaker 2: So Patsy and her husband aka the War We Love God got into a spirited discussion yesterday about the Humble Toasty going into the jaffell. Do you put on the.
Speaker 4: French?
Speaker 2: I think he's from I think he's from the movie, the Disney movie in the lamp. Do you put butter on the outside of the toasty or just on the inside. Patsy doesn't believe it should go on the outside.
Speaker 4: So much so that Chris kicked up a fuss and wouldn't eat the same way.
Speaker 6: I had to make his own.
Speaker 2: Was it a different color though, wouldn't get the golden brownness yours?
Speaker 6: It does? It does? It does?
Speaker 2: Sounds desperate to me. It's like a mantra. It does it does? Daniel? Hello, Hello Daniel. So when you're putting the toasty in butter on the outside, yes or not?
Speaker 7: I am completely different to all three of you.
Speaker 8: So I I spray my coasting the same with the canola oil spray before I.
Speaker 7: Put it on and throwing it on.
Speaker 2: Then it still gives that golden brown thing, but less mess. Yeah.
Speaker 4: You see, you've got to have a barrier. That's you don't have a barrier at the moment.
Speaker 6: Because I clean it in between each sandwich checker.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's so dry, yours will be all just bready and try words. You come and have Daniel's, Me and Jack's is going to be gold and brown.
Speaker 5: You don't trynus is not an issue because you've got tons of it's going to be crushed in dry.
Speaker 2: Just give me two crusts.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, game changer with the canola oil.
Speaker 6: And healthier too. I suppose.
Speaker 2: I love the phrase game changer, right, changer feels okay. I think that makes your life better. But I will try this, this game change. Seeing if there's a life game change.
Speaker 4: I really doubt it's going to sweep us off our feet.
Speaker 2: It could be that she does. What if we try this, we taste it, we faint it's so good?
Speaker 9: Lennon arm care.
Speaker 2: That's right, all right, Daniel, Thanks you, Carmo quest Yeah.
Speaker 1: Welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: All your emails, we get to the show. We call late to the party. You can pick up anything we've ever talked about on the show whenever you want with you catched up and old podcast. We're too busy. We just can't be bothered to call in at the time. Late. First one comes from Kim Christian. I found myself flying through the air when I decided to recreate the dirty dancing move as an ex gymnast brackets. Okay, it's quite a few years ago. After a few too many wines, I decided to show my friend a thing or two. She's a dancer. She failed to catch me. I ended up ripping my acl, fracturing my kneecap and tearing my meniscus. That is an amazing injury, though.
Speaker 4: Ripple Croyd on the knee.
Speaker 2: Yes, Kim, thank you very much. Yesterday we were doing a phone in. It's a very short lived one because turns out if you ask people for their stories about having a hard care granddad in if I did this in England, I'd get quaint, nice, charming stories about eccentric granddads. Here it's granddads who punched a monkey. At one point.
Speaker 4: A lot of the calls off there were essentially granddad versus animal.
Speaker 2: Yes, eighty percent of the calls we took could not come on air, right, Jack, can't here going? Hang on? Let me just check. Do you want any story. I can't give him punch three feet No, no, we don't. Anyway, we have the emails. They found another way to get to me yesterday, Hardcoo. Granddads. My granddad used to live in a large farm. One Christmas Day, we're all there and we were all out one of the large paddocks, and he pulled out a crossbow, fired and arrow straight up into the air and said, everyone stand perfectly still. What a fun game Christmas Day? Lift Boxington. The arrow landed less than one meter from one of my aunties. Nobody was impressed. I wanted to do a phoning called nobody was impressed. That might be the story of my life. Nobody was impressed. As the arrow just went about sort of four hundred millimeters into the soil. Everybody's still perfectly still. That's a great one, Michael, thank you very much on that. And then this one from Cho Dene. Because my granddad was a wrestler, lived to the ripe old age of ninety nine years young. Do you know what? I was in a bubble on Friday night and there was a family. You could tell it was like a couple of generations, and so I happened to say to someone because they were getting some drinks for the family. Is that your grand or something? They were celebrating one hundred and fourth Wow, oh wow. She was in the pub. She was in the pub. She had a schooner. She had a schooner. They were trying to get to chug it. And I was like, I don't think get one hundred and four year olds to chug it. I don't think that that's what they're meant to. They can do that anyway. This amazing guy left to ninety nine years young. He was very fit and active. Man, still swam daily and went to the gym right up until the age of ninety four, still getting his gym work out the age of ninety four. He also had the ability to bend nails and tear old telephone books in half. It's been featured in many newspapers showing his herculean strength. Is not such an old timing. It is herculean strength. You don't say that anymore. Do you say someone's jacked or rich, they've got gains, but herculean strength. I'm looking at the photos of attached to an amazing man. There's one to hear of him actually clearly bending and now headline schoolboy snaps now for fun, that's how strong was. And then several ones here like a proper big old they're all in black and white of him tearing the big old phone books that we used to know so well in half. I remember as a kid when you should see a strong man on TV and they would tear that phone booking off. I remember being blown away. I wonder if someone could tear a phone book in half? Now?
Speaker 8: Is it?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 2: Have you got to have massive like forearms like and it's that kind of energy that you're put through your wrists.
Speaker 4: The hard thing will be finding a phone finding one?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, do you remember phone books used to be a really big thing. We're looking for your mate's phone numbers and stuff like that. I remember, let's just find out run. Does anyone still have any old phone works?
Speaker 4: White pages, yellow pasts? Do you still have one?
Speaker 2: Just white pages still exists? Can you? I think you can call up and ask for it now, just actually still exist.
Speaker 6: It's still online, of course, isn't it.
Speaker 4: I don't think the physical interesting question. If you are someone who's like in an older generation, doesn't use the internet, could you call them up and say I still want my White Pages.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so has anyone got any old phone books? And do you only think you could tear one in half?
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Asking the sworning do you have any old phone books? Do you remember phone books? The reason why I'm trying to get hold of Summer is then to see if we can find a listener who is strong enough the old school strong arm, and to tear one in half. Just an email from Cassano, she said, I it's funny you mentioned that yesterday. I actually went through my copy of White Pages to look something up. So white Page is that business?
Speaker 4: No, My memory is Yellow Pages was business. White Pages was residential, because I remember my parents complaining anytime they got a call, a call center type call, they would start mumbling after they hung up the phone, like I gotta get ring ring the White Pages and get our number unlisted.
Speaker 2: Yes, my dad paid to have it removed. You had to pay it, you know, like we were show business or he got like and obviously these days you get a lot of these kind of strange course, don't think he's bot's calling you. Maybe one or two a year, maybe one or two we got from someone trying to sell something he paid to be extrarected. I remember saying to my mum, I was already up sex was fifteenth at the time, pat teenage boy, and I was like, this could affect my love life. All the ladies struck out of me, all the ladies and now my ex directory. I can't make it any harder for them. I can't make it any harder.
Speaker 4: I don't. I don't mean just take us too far off course from phone books, but you reminded me. I went to dinner at my parents' house last night. My dad is currently stringing a scammer along and keeps emailing back to them and having a conversation with what has just been coming on for He says for weeks. He's retired this year, so he's got heaps of free time.
Speaker 2: Your dad is the scam buster.
Speaker 4: The scammer wants him to send three hundred dollars for some unpaid not real fine, and Dad said, oh, this is great news because I've just come into five thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Cash that I keep scamming the scambo.
Speaker 4: He's saying, I've got more money. So the scammer's saying.
Speaker 2: Can you get hold of all the correspondents and bring it on tomorrow's show.
Speaker 4: It ended up with the scammer was calling from Ohio and my dad said, I'm going to be in Ohio next week and I can I can deliver the money to you in person.
Speaker 2: SUSA Baron Cohen construction a whacking Phoenix movie idea. Do you have a phone book? Good morning, Calvin, Good morning Christian team.
Speaker 10: How are you going?
Speaker 2: We're going to welcome to the show. So what can you tell us about phone books?
Speaker 10: Okay? So I actually worked for the company that produces them. Last year. Last year six.
Speaker 4: Point five million copies of Yellow Pages were actually delivered around Australia six.
Speaker 2: And a half million. Have any of us got one?
Speaker 9: So you can actually ring up and order them.
Speaker 10: It's it's mainly regional people and older people who get the book delivered.
Speaker 2: In other words, every single three aw audience. That's how the Mitchell absolutely miserable old kit.
Speaker 4: I'm shocked at that, Calvin.
Speaker 2: That is huge, six and a half million copies correct? So Yellow Pages is business, yes, it is.
Speaker 10: Although White Pages also obviously has business listenings in there.
Speaker 2: Gotcha? All right? You can we order? Are we have to order one now? For the show. Can we have one?
Speaker 10: Yeah, so you've got to You've got to go to Thrive Australia dot com dot au and you can order it online.
Speaker 2: Get going and work today, Calvin, you can get one and sticking to your post, Calvin.
Speaker 4: If people can order them online, why do they need the yellow page?
Speaker 2: Don't be food by those old timers.
Speaker 10: It's one of the mysteries of the world.
Speaker 2: What can we say it is? It is one of the great unsort mysteries. All right, Calvin, thank you very much, youkilm.
Speaker 10: I have a good day.
Speaker 3: Well, Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 2: Time it out for funny business. We fell into this last week on the show after I saw a fan next to me some kind of key business and the name of the business on the fan was Goldie Locks. So I'm now looking every week for your funny business names, any funny, smart, unusual business names. Once we loved last week Spruce Sprinkling goes into a Hall of fame. Spruce Sprinkling right here in Melbourne. Also walk right in Frying Nemo, so far so good, Abra Cababra and the poo Fighters all right. Brand new ones that have come in the last seven days, not too fast, not too furious, driving school right. That is a really really good one. Love that lawn and order landscaping even better. Seriously that in fact that has to be. That's a hall of famous, Hall of fame. Lawn and Order landscaping is genius. That is so good, Jay, Thank you very much for that. Christian. There used to be a fried chicken shop in Queensland on a roundabout called Roundabout Chicken Tyme. That's why I think it's no longer else. Thank you very much, Charlotte. Christian and we listened to a show in Perth. Here we we got to for you. We have a vegan shop called hear us Raw where the raw is obviously are a w and a strange combo of barbershop and a cafe short blackened sides. That's cool, that's very very good. We'd like that all right, funny business. What have you got?
Speaker 1: This is the Christian o'connells show podcast.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much to one of you who's actually gone online to alter me the phone book in my name to the address here. Thank you very much for doing that. To order two apparently, one from Melbourne and one for inner city North as well, thank you very much for doing that. It's very kind of you. All right. Funny Business our new weekly search all over Australia, and in fact another one here that's come from Milwaukee all over the world. Now funny your unusual business names. Christian, listen to a podcast I'm in the Milwaukee. We've got a baker's here called Baking You Crazy. And I love this one vinyl shop for old vinyl vinyl resting place. Even taken photos of both of those of us as well. Thank you very much, Terry Christian. There's a puppy training school in Mornington called Sit Happens. Yeah, that's very good. Sit Happens is Great's without that one, Christian. There's a greengrossers in w A called Elvis Parsley and Great great Land. Elvis Parsley and great Land. That is very good, thank you, Richard Christian. There's a tree lopping business that I've used. It's called tree Amigos and it's three Irish guys. That that is genius. That is so good. Tree Amigos and it's three Irish guys deserves that's great. Christian. In port Headland, WA, there's a lawnmowing company called up your grass garden maintenance. That comes from Jody Christian funny business in Berwick. We have a cafe called Tickle My Pickle. I love the phrase tickle my pickle. That's great. Let's go to Let's get a Matt here. Matt, good morning, Good morning Christian. Here you going, I'm good Matt. Have you well this morning? What a funny business have you've got for us?
Speaker 7: Well, one of the best I've ever seen is a locksmissing Craigieburn and it calls himself Shawlock Holmes. So he's got the show as s u R.
Speaker 2: You've got to explain that to a lot of people because this thing is like sure that this is going to stay locked? Confidence guarantee, isn't it. You've got to really explain that. Sherlock Holmes reference to a lot. That's tough. Matt, thank you very much. You have a good day. Thank you you too, Gary, come on him, good morning mate, there are I'm good Gary. Thanks calling the show. And what funny business have you seen?
Speaker 10: I've got a carpel for you right name. There's septic tank planing businesses. There used to be one day in the Mornington Financia called blow Fly Bob.
Speaker 4: It's like an off Breton Louis the Fly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then.
Speaker 10: Well we'll rowling another one who used to be up in the Marin India show.
Speaker 11: That's a little bit of English.
Speaker 10: Royal he might It was called Henry the Third.
Speaker 2: Henry the Turd is a great one. You'd remember that business name. That is memorable. Very good Gary, thank you may much. Have a good day. Thank you never, good morning guys.
Speaker 10: Yeah, we're good.
Speaker 2: Dev And what have you seen?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 3: I saw a picture of a septic tank track and it was finding out block a school bus.
Speaker 9: And the sign on the side, I said, the stool bus.
Speaker 2: Sorry, that deserves us the effort you've gone through for that. That's an idea after a few beers, isn't Let's let's definitely do this is incredible, nevill thank you very much for that one. We'll send you prize.
Speaker 7: Have a good day, guys.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 7: Ber.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Christian o'carls Show podcast.
Speaker 2: We are trying to settle once and for all who is the ultimate trade.
Speaker 13: When trade is go to war, only one can rule them all. Ship be's Pritty's head to here. Who's the sharpest in the shed, flooring, filing, framing, fences, cash, he's cancer feef for breakfast trade, he's time.
Speaker 2: Codie's won, You're fined. Four couple weeks ago, we had so many calls it went over a couple of days. It was like civil war on building sites and renovations all over the city. Who was the hardest work in the smartest work in trade? All hanging crap on each other. So we thought we'd set up our own games, settle this once and for aus. By Friday we'll find out who is the king of all trades and wins five thousand dollars thanks to Sutton Tools. Yesterday we had eight tradees all taking each other on. Eight became four and tomorrow it's a team event. It is trailer parking. They've got to work together in teams of two, the semi finalists and then on Friday, the winning team they will take each other on. Sport is full of these great friendships have become great rivalries. No different rich trading games. So here's what happened yesterday. Yesterday Jack remind us what was the event yesterday?
Speaker 4: The copy run. So we're recreating this Smoko. Your trade has to go out and get copy copies for the whole site. Each runner had a hundred meters ahead of him, eight coffees in their hands. Whoever made it to the end first and filled up at least half their bucket with liquid, we're the winner.
Speaker 2: All right, here's what happens. Wait, all right? Where off?
Speaker 4: John the quiet brickie is powering ahead.
Speaker 14: Oh, I'm just running some signage. Sylvia's a close second. John is powering ahead. The bricklay is flying.
Speaker 2: Jay's barely walking. It's like the man versus pig race. Silv our chippy right at the end, stole it. He's our first.
Speaker 14: Congratulations John the brickey second place.
Speaker 2: Second race coming up next. We're off and waddling.
Speaker 13: The playgrounding store has flown.
Speaker 2: At this coffee fly everywhere, and he's way ahead. It's a very tight racer. Second, it's an incredibly tight racer.
Speaker 13: Second, but first he's the playgrounding store.
Speaker 14: The plumber has coming second. So congratulations to the playgrounding stall and the plumber who nabbed second place platelate.
Speaker 2: All right, so tomorrow we're back to the Sutton Tool Stadium, a car park in Thomastown. The Sutton Tool Stadium were in team one, Seal the fifty four year old and John, the twenty eight year old brick layer must work together. One will be reversing the traille, the other one will be the spotter. They'll be taken on. Jaden the twenty six year old. He's all the swag at this guy's and the playground installer. Go figure. We didn't know what they were. We could go now. This guy's a hot favorite and he's with Jason, another old Wiley campaigner, fifty one year old plumber. So that's tomorrow before tomorrow. Though, to make this as hard as possible, because it's the semifinal and there's five thousand dollars up for grabs, it's got to be tough. They reverse stuff day in, day out. They're good at that, but what are they like under pressure. We're going to have traffic cones to make it a very very very narrow l shape, reverse and park. On top of all the traffic cones that are going to be crowded together. Lining each side are going to be glass vases, china bowls. Any nudging, you're gonna hear breakages.
Speaker 4: And if we hear smash, that's not good for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a time penalty for all the smashes. So we need something to smash. That's what we need this morning. So we're looking for old china.
Speaker 4: Glassware, anything you got around the house to go that would sound good smashing against concrete.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nine one four one four three. Because we've all got part of that stuff in the garage stuff. Put that with the stuff that would so good smashed against common.
Speaker 4: It might be stuff that you were about to take to the Selbos and donate last weekend Marks would take Mark clates, we would take plates again.
Speaker 2: Anything that would sound good smashed against concrete. That's what we're looking for now. That's our shopping list. And if anyone has an old phone book as well. Nine one o four three. That's all we need today. Thank you.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: So trading games all this week on the show. That's who Sudden Tools, happing Ossies build for over one hundred years, Trill the Aussy Way Trill was Sudden Tools. So tomorrow semi final the four winning tradees from yesterday. I've been putting too two teams, a driver, a reverser of the trailer into a very very tight spot with glassware either side. Every breakage is it's a time penalty. Team one will be these two. You've got the Chippy and the brick layer.
Speaker 9: Hey, Christian, still the Chippy here, still buzzing from my glorious win. Christian. I heard a rumor where are reversing trailers on Wednesday? That shouldn't be an issue.
Speaker 11: Been doing the trailers, the boats, the caravans, singing or axle tenam, excel, you name it, I've done so.
Speaker 9: I think the chippies are going to rule again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, getting a bit of Excel talk on the show today. Shout out axles. So we've got the veterans sealed the fifty Royal Chippy with the young guy, John, the twenty eight year old brick layer.
Speaker 15: Hi, Christian, it's John the brickey. Soko made it through to the semi final. Looking forward to the reverse parking challenge. I've got a tandem axle trailer are used every day, so I reckon, I'll nail this. See you Wednesday.
Speaker 2: It's hard called axle chat today on the show. Can we continue this right? They're taking on this team. You've got Jaden, the very confident twenty six year old playground installery.
Speaker 16: Chris Ern and Jayden here the playground in Sallar. This Wednesday, we got the trailer averse nasty gold in the best because I've got an eighty meter long street and have to reverse it down to get it into my driveway every day.
Speaker 2: So bring on Wednesday. Whatever I see.
Speaker 4: Eighty meters every day.
Speaker 2: He's got another wily old vet, fifty one year old plumber, Jason.
Speaker 8: Hey, Christian, that's Jason here, the plumber. I heard on the grapevine Christian that we are going to be utilizing trailers on Wednesday. That should be right up my alley. We're always backing down tight tight streets and Brunswick and in courts and everywhere, so trailer backing in is my repertoire. So bring on Wednesday, and I'm doing it for the plumbers of Melbourne.
Speaker 2: We'll see you tomorrow. So we need your glass wear, any old china that we can put on top of these traffic cones and heat on they dink it in any slight way. There'll be a Smash Trady game seven thirty tomorrow next semifinal.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Jat's got an amazing story I would file this under extreme huffing. We've all done something in a hulf.
Speaker 4: We get into huffs. Everybody gets into huffs.
Speaker 2: But this is something you need to do, something to just charge the huffing energy, you know, to break up the huff that you're in. You're both in. Everyone has a different way to process it.
Speaker 4: But get this, this will be hard to beat. My friend has an argument with his partner and leaves the house. Wants to cool off after he's hulf, so he goes through a drive ends up driving to Sydney from Melbourne. From Melbourne, ends up driving to Sydney. By that time, his huff is cooled a bit.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 4: He goes through a Maca's drive through and then comes back to Melbourne. One big round.
Speaker 2: Tripleven or twelve hours? Easy?
Speaker 4: Isn't it more ten hours to Sydney one way?
Speaker 2: Of course, it's about twenty hour. That's a day half a long half.
Speaker 4: That's a very long half.
Speaker 2: You must have done stuff in a half, pat Sy, I've gone shopping once and a half that we didn't even need to go shopping. I just went to huff around the suit upermarket.
Speaker 4: But at least that's a helpful huff.
Speaker 2: They're not angry shop and only came up with three bits. Actually my brain wasn't working right Kitlin, What have you done in a half?
Speaker 6: I drove to Geelong and.
Speaker 2: Just took off, just took off.
Speaker 17: Yep.
Speaker 4: I had a fight and I got in the car and I just drove to Geelong.
Speaker 2: What did you do in Geelong? Just half around?
Speaker 4: I washed my car.
Speaker 2: And walked along there. It's awful because at some point the half goes, but you're so committed you don'tant to look foolish to you like, I know, she's just a really nice day. Actually used to hang out by myself, you know. It was that the half, wasn't it? What? It wasn't doing it in a half? All right? So we want to know what did you do in a half? This morning?
Speaker 3: We all do this well Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 2: Asking you what did you do in a half? Track's friend drove to Sydney. Didn't need to just after a big argument, trying cool down. Obviously cool down probably about the first hour. It's road. But once you're on that highway, committed, committed to a pointless gesture and then I had a Maca's there and then drove the long, long, long drive back, probably in a half by with your sound by the end of it, I particier Kately as well, drove in a half all the way to a long and spent the day there. So what have you done in a half? Nine four one four one o four three Matt, good morning, Hey go mate, I'm good Welcome to the show. So what did you do in a half?
Speaker 12: I had a really bad day at work, got home, partner was carrying on at me.
Speaker 9: So I went out to the garage where I normally spend a lot.
Speaker 2: Of my time, and I bought a car from the garage.
Speaker 7: From the garage, I was sitting on my phone. I was on Evy and I just bought a car.
Speaker 8: What did you get?
Speaker 10: I bought an EO V E Wagon And reason I bought.
Speaker 4: It was I liked the wheels side unseen So you didn't even you hadn't visited it earlier on No.
Speaker 7: Just literally, I just do it impulse fires.
Speaker 10: I've got ten cars as we speak, and I was like, I want another car, so I brought one post by.
Speaker 2: Maybe you know a pair of shoes or trainers or so the car did? You can get cars on eBay, yeah.
Speaker 9: Here you boy, whatever you want almost yeah, okay, all.
Speaker 2: That from a garage where he spends a lot of time. Okay, that isn't amazing, that's extreme mohing is it? The governor order a brand new car and a half. Matt, thank you very much. You killed me. I have a good day, No problems you too, John Goes, Hey Johnny, what did you do in a half? Then? John?
Speaker 7: In a half? I had a bit of a dispute with the missus. I went to the airport and food cans.
Speaker 2: This is why Canes is so popular. It's lots of people husbands, wives or by themselves. I should have said this and should have said.
Speaker 4: Beautiful place for a half.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, they should make it part of the tourism strap line.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, it's the best place in Australian mates.
Speaker 2: Great, yeah, beautiful of that. So you you flew up in a half, had some time there? What did How long were you there?
Speaker 12: For?
Speaker 7: Nine years?
Speaker 2: It's a big old half, that wasn't it?
Speaker 7: The half aday? Last of the juration of the flight. And then I got over and telling love of cans, got a job.
Speaker 2: To start a new life up there.
Speaker 7: All from a half basically.
Speaker 4: And were you still with you? Do you remain with your partner?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 7: We we're best friends still, this is our fifteen years later, we're still good mates. So it all worked out well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but what happened with the relationship after you decided to stay out there and get a job? Do you still see her?
Speaker 7: Or a long distance mope?
Speaker 4: So you got off the plane, the huff's cooled down, you're feeling better. Before you decide to go back home and see your partner again. You apply for a job and.
Speaker 2: Job at the airport, you know, with someone high. Do you need a job yet? Actually?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 7: Just the atmosphere in the last stole up there? I just went, you know what, why not.
Speaker 4: Absolutely explain it like that's a very.
Speaker 2: Simple way to meet your life? Almost zenlight? Really well? Put to John, thank you very much to give us a call. All right, what have you done on a huff? Two? Amazing? Course, went to Cans, stayed at the nine years and brought half from the carriage.
Speaker 3: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: I'd like to think every day you learn something new. What well, if we learned the show today is that because only dudes have called into the reply to the question, what have you done in a huff? Men? Huff?
Speaker 4: Men half? Maybe women don't have it.
Speaker 2: Yes, we huff. Even the Merry and Webster Online Dictionary definition gives female examples, obviously written by dude. There's no men in there that we're only hearing about what you did in a half, from guys flying to cans, buying cars on the phone on eBay or in a huff? Do you think men huff?
Speaker 5: Moore pats Ah, Yeah, probably My huffs are very short lived. I reckon, I've like driven around the block and then just lost patience, so gone home again.
Speaker 2: I think it's more a volcanic eruption. Is how my wife processes stuff. And then I'm the one that sort of scolding months on the hot laughter. All right, let's go to Ben and good morning Ben, Good morning Ben. What do you do in a huff? Who was a huff with?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 10: Okay, so I was eighteen, living at home, had a huff with my mother. I don't even remember what it was about.
Speaker 2: The worst huffs to get into.
Speaker 10: My mother huff. Yeah, so I don't remember what it was about, but I thought, okay, well, you know, maybe I'll just have a little walk around. This is up in Tath, Gippsland. I thought, okay, I'll walk around and I hang out with the horse and the dog calm down. And she said, I've got people coming over on you sulking around. So I was like, fine, I go somewhere else. So I was what So I just immediately went for a walk. I'm wearing my I got my single and my shorts and songs on, nothing else. It's about seven o'clock the day I save him, so it's still bright and I just walked. I thought, all right, I'll just walk out to like, you know, pass the drive on. You know, we'll get to the road and then we'll turn around and all be good. But when I got there, I was like, I'm still angry. So I thought, hey, I can't say on the radio. I thought, all right, well we'll just keep walking then, so I kept walking. I walked to I walked to the next town. I was in Langling.
Speaker 2: So I walked in.
Speaker 10: Niora, which I would later find out as twelve k away.
Speaker 2: I thought, you pilgrimage or something, the country ailing the sick looking for Oh yeah.
Speaker 10: It was a lot of self reflection or just exhaustion. I don't know anyway, how long was your round trip? Yeah, so I walked at about seven and I think I got back about ten or ten thirty. Now, I'll just remind you there's no foot passa or anything sort of road and bush right there anyway there anyways, when I got when I got to the next town, it was done to get dark, and I was thinking, oh, I'm going to get back home. I anyway ended up getting pitch black and cold, and I didn't have anything on me right, uh, So I pretty much had to rely on the lights of passing cars and the sense of a dead animal that I had walked. No, No, it was awesome, I felt. I thought it was the coolest thing. Like I was getting back and I'm like, oh, geez, how much longer I can't see anything? And I'm like, oh, it stinks. I'm like, wait a minute, that's the same stink that's stunk before I'm getting closer to home. So I got home and we both didn't really have anything to say. I was just she was just like you might want to have a shower, because I looked down and like everything all over.
Speaker 2: Like moccass.
Speaker 10: Horbably at the back of my shoulder was numb as well, and the cold was just awful.
Speaker 2: Sorry thing, that's great. It's like Cormat McCarthy's the Road. There's never ending road of trials. Amazing stuff the Revenant as well, at times hopefully.
Speaker 3: Not any boy.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much your epic story.
Speaker 10: Never been so glad to smell a dead animal.
Speaker 2: A great way to leave it, Sir Ben, we're centerprise britted storytelling. No, yeah, we have to go. I reckon week is midday with Ben. It felt like we were getting that story at real time.
Speaker 4: Is Our producer actually came in and said, start with Ben because he's.
Speaker 2: A quick one. I'm nervous about to go to these others. This is canceling plans. It's never ending breakfast show. Let's take a break.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: So eight days ago, my oldest daughter Ruby turned at eighteen, and these last eight days there's been some bumpy stuff going on. It's like we're in an asteroid belt and we being pouted by some big old rocks. At the moment, there's a lot of well, I'm an adult now, so you can't tell me what to do. We had the tattoo last week. She's past her driving test. She's got her independence, she's got her wheels. She is good to go at the moment. She's primed. Yesterday I tried to have a sort of an easy conversation because this weekend she's got a joint birthday party at a venue that is not her house. We're not stupid with her best mate. They've got a joint birthday are And I said, look, she doesn't want my wife and I had to come along, even for a drink, right, I.
Speaker 4: Said, look around so ungrateful, by the way, but that's this being eighteen. No, I remember in my eighteenth and ive your parents there? Yeah, and all the eighteenth I went to I remember.
Speaker 2: Drink, right, just a drink? How do I stay in? Like, you know, throw shade over. It's just like you just want to come along for a drink to sort of say happy birthday and we get out there.
Speaker 4: I don't think that's too much to us.
Speaker 2: No, So I say to her, hey, listen, you know I've been asking around quite a few parents. They just come along for a drink. She went, Oh, it'd be really odd if you were there, Like, how would it be odd? Ruby? Who is that guy over there? That's my dad. Oh my god, that's so odd on your eighteenth The guy paying for all this, he's here. Do we get security? Yeah? Your father, Your father's here in the building. Who's a woman with him? That's my mom? Oh my god. This is so odd on your celebrating.
Speaker 4: When you're celebrating your milestone, your parents want to come and crash it.
Speaker 6: See I didn't have mine. There's no business for parents to be there though. You don't need to be there getting in the way.
Speaker 2: This is what Ruby said.
Speaker 17: Thought.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Ruby said, you'd be getting in the way. Odd, I said, But we've got to be around. We're nearby anyway, just in case anything happens, you know, like about SWAT team.
Speaker 4: Were just sitting helping the car like an staycout.
Speaker 2: But basically just said, take a book or two. What a lovely fun Saturday night. That so excell For my daughter's eighteenth sat reading a book on Saturday night in paran Oh, that would be really nice. I can't wait for that Saturday night. Well I just hear like breaking glasses and happy birthday. We'll be Why shame with parents aren't here. She hates her parents so perhaps you you're with Ruby, you know Sarah's like you. Well, no, Sarah's just said, well, we're going to be there anyway. Wait, we can't well we can't have that scene. We can't have that scene. Ruby said, no, no, no. When I get there, we've got to rearrange some of the tables, and that's the job for your mom and I. We can do that, rearrange a few tables, have a quick drink and go. She said, no, so you you don't think we should go? No, I don't respect her wishes.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I just don't think you've got it.
Speaker 10: You don't need to.
Speaker 6: You've got no business being there.
Speaker 4: I have eighteenth.
Speaker 2: In disguise one of the manage people.
Speaker 4: That's one of the kids.
Speaker 2: It's mister Harris, the English teacher. Did you recognize me there a couple of years ago.
Speaker 6: That's Besty. You've got no business being there.
Speaker 5: I have business should be doing a speed No, leave them to say, oh go down.
Speaker 2: Ready, Well, not only am I not allow you? Just get the microphone on. Here's a speech and a PowerPoint that I put together. Your life in eighteen slights.
Speaker 6: No, she's an adult. Now let her have an adult party.
Speaker 2: Then an adult, pay for it. Do you know I've got to go there to pay for it? So I literally go and leave, get out. Yep, I guys got the image of the bouncies. Throw me out to a side of it, don't come back, sit in the car, car reade your book loser.
Speaker 3: The Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Had his daughter turn eighteen eight days ago, and it's our joint birthday party this Saturday. My wife and I thought it might be nice to go along. Yes, ten twenty minutes, have a drink, said cheers, and off we go. Now turn up, pay for it and then get the hell out of their dad. I tried to have just a private chat with her yesterday, you know, just saying, hey, you know what, it's the norm. We don't want to ruin your night. It's not for us to hang there. It's not about this about you and your friends. But you know, I think other parents do this where they were just there for a bit like half an hour. And also we're a nice hang there we go so anyway, so Jack is saying, you know, absolutely should we got Patsy's the other way We've got Patsy said no business being there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, correct, Mine went at mine.
Speaker 2: Jessica, Oh, parent's definitely Musco.
Speaker 17: I had a mealer with my mum and then she drove out of this into the city of Melbourne and went to a nightclub with us and we all had a brilliant time and she took us all home and it.
Speaker 10: Was probably the best night I can remember.
Speaker 17: Definitely, stay and enjoy.
Speaker 2: It, Jessica. If I play this with my daughter, it feels like I've written a speech. None of this sounds believable. On my side of this sounds like report no, no, no, she needs.
Speaker 10: To sort herself out.
Speaker 8: You're important in her life.
Speaker 9: And she needs to have fun and enjoy.
Speaker 2: It with you.
Speaker 4: Still sounds like you're from the stope.
Speaker 2: That's to try it where Jessica. Also, it was a line you missed off when I said it to you yesterday. Uh, Stephanie, good morning.
Speaker 10: Good morning, Stephanie.
Speaker 2: What do you think?
Speaker 17: Well, I had both of my parents there and for my twenty first as well, and that's the only time they've been in the same room together.
Speaker 2: They're divorced.
Speaker 10: My mum was too emotional to make a speech, so she got my drunk uncle to actually make that one.
Speaker 2: Well, he's like a sort of Switzerland like an independent family member to a drunk uncle. Worse.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, he called me his favorite niece when you know seventeen other cousins were in the room. So that was that was fun.
Speaker 2: Always slightly a creepy badge of one of the old favorite niece from a drunk unkle as well, stay even as a threat maybe threat that is. This isn't helping whatsoever. I'm going further into the wheat guys.
Speaker 3: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Anyone knows any good size streets that I can just spend Saturday night into the cart reading that book in Paran or winsor please please let me know. The darker and dinger the better, really for our funk Saturday night met my wife eighteen year old daughter celebrates their eighteen party. Were paying for that?
Speaker 4: We are banned from You know what you can do? Have you been introduced to chap Laps yet? Sorry chap Laps? Would you just drive up and down Chapel Street.
Speaker 2: I'll just rev in the old car, harding the toyo to cougar. I've not seen any of the Clugars in the fasts movies with band Oh it was great bootspace. This is really good economical as well on the few guys. All right, so yeah, it is my eight now eighteen year old daughter. She turned eighteen eight days ago and it's her birthday party this week, a joint. We're the best friends. She's told my wife and I that would be odd if we were there. We do have to go to pay for it, and then we're told to go. I tried to just talk about it. Yes, I said, look at just a half an hour of a drink, say cheers, you know, buy you and your friends drink and then we'll go, you know, and so small. I want to know were your parents at your eighteenth Jack is the saying to me, like we really, it'd be nice for us to be there.
Speaker 4: I have good fond memories of my parents been in my eighteenth and every eighteenth we went to people's parents were there, and it's a fun novelty to have a few drinks and talk to somebody's dad and say, I guess what I'm mates now with Rio's dad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I won't take some merch and on and have a little signing table and stuff like that. Q and A for an hour and Patsy's saying we've got no business being there. Rio said, a call in whinning with someone, what do they say about pats.
Speaker 4: She's merely asking the question Patsy, because you're against it. Of course, what if it was already's eighteenth?
Speaker 5: And she said, no, no, I know, I know, after what I went on about the books yesterday, I know, but I think there's no No, I think there's a rite of passage once they're eighteen.
Speaker 4: Do you have to back off, break the door down to eighteen?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 6: I won't, No, I.
Speaker 2: Would ber mom, no way, No, you have my word, You have my word, get this on tape. You're just going to come back and bite you.
Speaker 6: Oh you can. She is her own woman at eighteen, and she can off you go.
Speaker 2: And you notice, by the way, Jack and I were too too scared to pass that on. I made would Yeah, he couldn't even keep even a couple of books over the weekend.
Speaker 6: That's a whole way down the track. Yet I will have come to grips been coming for you.
Speaker 4: So when she goes to eighteenth that came out where she has all her birthday parties, and you won't step foot in the store.
Speaker 5: You will you, I will make this promise right now, you got me on tape, I will know to keep my distance.
Speaker 2: Get out of it. You won't trust me a right, Karen, Good morning, Karen, Good morning, guys Weather Real you're going to need to get into witness protection.
Speaker 12: I'm going to have to go team Ruby.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, give me a take, Give me a take, Karen.
Speaker 12: Look, I've got five adult children and I didn't go to any of their eighteenth We had family things at home, we celebrated, we talked to Red, all the family around. But then they went out and they celebrated with their friends. I think that you give them all the things they need in life, and they want to be an adult, and you need to trust them that they'll make good decisions.
Speaker 2: You're quite right. Yeah, we have done that, you know, the whole family stuff and stuff like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you want to make decisions and then have the reading with them on a mark birthday.
Speaker 2: But do you know what, I don't wonder how anyone likes to hang out with me in the morning on the radio. Do you want to hang out for like twenty minutes?
Speaker 12: Dream Christian, Christian Christian?
Speaker 8: It's not about you.
Speaker 12: That pretty hard?
Speaker 7: Did it?
Speaker 12: What you do you make sure you've got plenty of heart?
Speaker 5: You're like all those drinks for them for in the morning, and it makes them all break sort of refueling stations.
Speaker 12: Maybe on the bags and be there for them and make them breakfast and have a chat me.
Speaker 2: How would she die like a shrust me, dad, Trust me?
Speaker 7: Trust me.
Speaker 10: I've done that five times.
Speaker 2: Yeah, voice of experience, Thank you caring that she's good to get a different take.
Speaker 8: Go Ruby, have a good time.
Speaker 2: She is going, trust me.
Speaker 3: You're listening to the Question o'cyles show podcast.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure for the last half an hour how but thanks she kills anyway, Christian O'Connell's show on Goal. Jack has actually just made an appointment in his diary for seven years time, when Patsy's daughter will be eighteen on her birthday, to check in Patsy, to see if you really would be okay with not being invited to at eighteen.
Speaker 4: I'm going to lie I'm in twenty twenty nine. That will remind us of this day and this audio that you say you won't go to her birthday.
Speaker 2: Patsy will still be here, No, I will not. That she would have seen us all on she will see everybody else.
Speaker 6: That's very optimistic of you.
Speaker 13: Jack.
Speaker 2: You will still be here, won't they?
Speaker 6: Where you're gonna be branch on a Zimmer frame?
Speaker 4: What you're only fifty seven, it's only seven years away.
Speaker 6: Well beyond three. I w advertising incontinence products.
Speaker 2: That's a dream for you, isn't it all right? Today? Is Fanker dentist Day? Texture dentists today? Does anyone even have the T in their phone?
Speaker 4: I like my dentists. You've heard me rave about it.
Speaker 2: Actually, some sort of spiritual guy there is. He's a nice guy.
Speaker 4: He's a big Tony Robins fan. And every time I get my teeth check, you give me wisdom beyond.
Speaker 2: What is drilling you. That is a dental phrase. Can we all grow up? One way to get wisdom into somebody agains. Thank you dentist. Thank your dentists today. Please, okay, we're looking for your dental bands today, dent fest. You must be familiar with the eighties band to Pow. I need you to say yes.
Speaker 4: I'm just thinking of all their hits now, China in your Hand.
Speaker 2: Was number one to Paw. Dentists don't listen to to Pow. They listened to to pull get bronze?
Speaker 4: Did they run up?
Speaker 13: Was so?
Speaker 4: I got tired by.
Speaker 2: Powerful, powerful up. They don't listen to judas priests, No, they listened to chew dust priest gold fillings around today everyone gums and roses, silver, plack, street boys, gold, veneers of his instead of getting on a bit now manamal at work, meenamel at work, men at work, Silver plus buck tooth, cherry gold. You know Bruce Springstein, you know they called him, don't you dentist.
Speaker 4: Not the boss, the floss Gold. I'm leave it there, Jackie Dental Bands, who's a dead first Plarky Plark and the Funky Bunch Gold, the Mighty Mighty floss Stones, Bryns and I was a backstage at dumb Dental first actually, and I saw Daniel Johns and he just had a procedure and he was drooling out the side of the mount. But to his credit he still went on stage with saliva chair.
Speaker 2: Now, the run up was long, but it was faultless. It's a goat, it's a goal for the runner.
Speaker 4: And dentist bands a teetha Franklin.
Speaker 2: Gold as well.
Speaker 3: We done The Christian O'Connell show podcast on.
Speaker 2: Thank Cadentist Day, I'm asking you for your dental bands. That's smart them all right. Danny's got Lincoln Pack gold, but I'm Danny Motley Canines bronze, Sorry posty pat uh spittense silver, you too, silver Rinse instead of Prince gold, right and nicely done. Dental is anything gold filling, Collins gold, Motley.
Speaker 4: Chu silvery, drill Van gold.
Speaker 2: You know we were talking about funny business earlier. What a great fun name for a dentist drill Shanaiah Payne.
Speaker 4: Silver, Leo Sayer gold Blas. That's a gold.
Speaker 2: Les. Well done. That's really funny. You've got three ways with that les. That's very good. It's very rare. Nat King Colgate silver rubber finger instead of powder fingert that old robbery club and now haven't they fiddling around a little back? Love her fingers, great mark, well done, Thank you, Drillie Higgins silver filling, Heidi silver plus weird root Canal, Yankovic silver, Drilly Idol too much Drilly ones. Yeah, flossing in the machine bronze. Oh my word, that's a little girl's nine.
Speaker 4: Isabel isbel Sorry, I meant you meant let me scuff that up that bronze.
Speaker 2: Isabel, who's nine Google drill drills? No more drill ones, especially not that Megan retainer Gold Pray good Haley World and Cal and Croydon tooth pick Asley Gold. All right, so who is winning the ice house tickets?
Speaker 4: Jack can't go past les Leo say ah.
Speaker 2: Yeah what And there's nicely done.
Speaker 3: The Christian O Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: To tomorrow to the semifinals of our trading games once more. We will be crossing live to the Suttontool Stadium, a car park in Thomastown, and our poor man Sam mack Rio will be master of the ceremonies once more. It's all about this.
Speaker 13: When trades go to war, only one can rule them all.
Speaker 2: Shippy's brickies head to here.
Speaker 13: Who's the sharpest in the shed, flooring, filing, framing, fences, cash, He's canton fief for breakfast trades? Time for more CODI is one.
Speaker 2: You're fighting four all right. We started off with eight tradies yesterday, then they became four. Now they're into two teams of two tomorrow for the big semifinal. Five thousand dollars up for ground. So the winning trade on Fridays Big Grand Final Chat the Semis tomorrow.
Speaker 4: What do we got team trailer parking. It's the first time our traders will have to work together, one in the driver's seat, one spotty and going whoop whoop, whoop, Yeah, back it up, back it up. We will have a very tight course.
Speaker 2: Very powerful acting, actually surprisingly animated for the last break.
Speaker 4: Do you think I usually phone in the last one?
Speaker 2: I'm not phone in, no no no rio say earlier about it.
Speaker 4: Our traders will be working together to reverse park and we're going to make the the parking now now.
Speaker 3: Fall out too soon.
Speaker 2: If you win two big listeners.
Speaker 4: They will park between very narrow cones. On the top of the cones will be china and glassware. If they hit a cone, it'll smash. They will have time deducted from their score.
Speaker 2: All right, so we've got two teams Team number one working together? Is these two?
Speaker 9: Hey, Christian, still the chippy here, still buzzing from my glorious wind. Christian, I heard a rumor we're reversing trailers on Wednesday. That shouldn't be an issue.
Speaker 11: I've been doing the trailers, the boats, the caravans, sending your actual tandem axl you name that I've done it, so I think the chipis.
Speaker 2: Are going to rule again working with him.
Speaker 15: Hi, Christian, it's John the Brickey Sope made it through to the semi final. Looking forward to the reverse parking challenge. I've got a tandem axle trailer I use every day, so I reckon I'll nail it there Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Second team, second team of these two, Hey.
Speaker 16: Christian and Jayden. Here the playground is dollar this Wednesday. We got the trailer reverse nicely gold in the best because I've got an eighty meter long street and have to reverse it down to get it into my every day Bring on Wednesday.
Speaker 4: He only drives all around Melbourne reverse.
Speaker 8: Hey Christian, it's Jason here the plumber. I heard on the grapevine Christian that we are going to be utilizing trailers on Wednesday. That should be right up my alley. We're always backing down tight tight streets and Brunswick and in courts and everywhere, so trailer backing in is my repertoire. So bring on Wednesday, and I'm doing it for the plumbers of Melbourne.
Speaker 2: Some of the sledging runs out of steam, doesn't it. You don't see that like a UFC fight. T who fights in finn the faces. This is in my repertoire. I'm known for this, all right, Sammy, Tomorrow morning at the sun Tool Stadium, seven point thirty. Be there well.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell's show podcast