Speaker 1: I Heart Podcasts.
Speaker 2: You can hear more Gold one, I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app.
Speaker 3: Got anything good?
Speaker 4: Hey, this is the christian'connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Good morning Rio, Good morning Christian, Good morning Patsy morning. Now, what has gone on between you two? There's tension in the air. We've got three hours to get through.
Speaker 3: If it's spoken to him today.
Speaker 1: That's the tension.
Speaker 2: That's exactly what silent treatment, Pats is not a normal days.
Speaker 5: We have to we have to acknowledge this and then we can move on with the show.
Speaker 2: There's a funk in the air, the fact that you don't understand that. But I guess Hannibal Lecture doesn't think you have a problem eating people. You will behave like that. Not saying you're Hannibal Letter, but I'm saying you're Hannibal.
Speaker 3: That's nice, isn't it? Isn't that lovely to start the day off.
Speaker 1: Well, I just wanted you to clear the air on my.
Speaker 3: Couch and explain what is the problem.
Speaker 5: We need to we need to Patty, Okay, I was going to leave yesterday. We're standing in the hallway and it's a very narrow hallway.
Speaker 2: The one down here, the one just down here.
Speaker 5: Patty and I we love a little gossip. So we were having a little gossip before we both.
Speaker 1: Loship or what Pats he really loves his picture. It was a gossip.
Speaker 6: It was gossip.
Speaker 1: It was yes, edge to it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, not to be disgusting, but gossip. Gossip, this normal workplace gossip.
Speaker 2: If you could talk about it here, what a what a show show? We called it cleaning out the closet. So you're having a gossip slash bitch. Yes, we're standing a lovely way to celebrate seven years together on.
Speaker 1: Hate.
Speaker 3: I love you. You're not painting me correctly at all?
Speaker 1: No, sorry, but do you mention?
Speaker 3: I was ladden with about two handbags, my compuwter bag.
Speaker 6: Your hands were full.
Speaker 5: And then we were standing face to face and we both go to go different directions in the hallway and there is a grazing of our bodies.
Speaker 2: Where show me on this doll where you've got great bass.
Speaker 6: Stop below my oh no, my belt.
Speaker 3: It was more like a good damn whack on no non ash and.
Speaker 1: Then it just it gave my tap on the ash the other.
Speaker 3: Side by accidentally as I was swinging around my bags whacked him in the groin, and I felt awful.
Speaker 6: It just for like three seconds though no one said anything.
Speaker 5: We're just sitting there in silence, and then she goes, I I touched you, and I let ye ye letd.
Speaker 1: You go forward?
Speaker 5: It We just left in silence.
Speaker 3: I felt awful.
Speaker 2: He should have immediately taken the rest of the week off, and then you just start a brandy week and no one ever talks about it ever again. Just a mere hours later after that incident.
Speaker 6: I haven't spoken to her until you didn't know where to look.
Speaker 3: And I dreadful because I said, was.
Speaker 2: That your Oh my? You don't ask you That's what makes you work, because you just don't in that situation, there's any one thing that you don't even talk about it.
Speaker 1: You don't even say sorry.
Speaker 2: You just seem to say goodbye, see you again tomorrow at the office, bye bye.
Speaker 1: You don't talk about it.
Speaker 2: You certainly don't ask questions like was that your awesome?
Speaker 6: There's no mystery it was, and you know it clearly was. Actually I believe your parting words to me as you.
Speaker 1: Left say nothing about this, to.
Speaker 6: Don't tell.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, but it's just when you're in a tight confined space.
Speaker 6: It wasn't your fault.
Speaker 3: No, it wasn't in my defense, your honor, but you kind of went a little green in the complexion.
Speaker 5: I've never had that situation that worked before, and that's that's a good thing to say.
Speaker 2: Okay, we listen, guys, and we all okay, accident and accidental, Yes, accidental grazing, and that's going to happen in a small space exactly from now on. One of you just needs to leave a minute before the other person. Yeah, we have a repeated occurrence of this.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm glad we clear that up, guys.
Speaker 4: Okay, Christian O'Connell show on podcast.
Speaker 1: Just really us on our way into well work today. It's a long weekend. Suddenly it's come around. We get so.
Speaker 2: Many frequent pubbet holidays in Victoria and then there's that big sort of stretch where there's none they need to spread them out. Were because we have just had Easter?
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, that doesn't feel like that long ago.
Speaker 2: And now we're like, do you know what, how about we celebrate a royal member's birthday that actually isn't their birthday. They have a good enough life as it is. They don't need us having a day off on their fate birthday.
Speaker 5: But enjoy this one because you're right. It's the long stretch now unto what Melbourne Cup is the next one.
Speaker 3: No, it's Grand Final Friday again on the Friday.
Speaker 2: I could understand if it was on the Monday. So everyone has a big weekend on Monday.
Speaker 1: Why do you need to do the day before the big event.
Speaker 3: It's for the Grand Final parade, so people go into the city and watching.
Speaker 2: No, how many people pass, not thousands? Well, come on, shaff hands on this team. Who's been to the Grand Final parade? But you're from it. You're a country bumpkin quebe.
Speaker 1: Have you been on it? This pointing at you as well? You don't put your hands up.
Speaker 6: Actually I walked.
Speaker 2: I walked past its fans.
Speaker 6: That makes fore Richmond, so I couldn't avoid it.
Speaker 2: I was really looking forward to this long weekend, and then I got tickets to go to the King's Birthday game dese Pies, and then Sunday afternoon happened. We got beaten by the Saints, and now the whole kend has crumpled into just counting down to a quite depressing incident. Now I've got in my calendar Monday afternoon at the g You know, it's such a special game as well. I've been to all them since I moved here because there's the Big Freeze and it's such an amazing chant To have met Neil Donaher a couple of times.
Speaker 1: The energy of that man is unbelievable, amazing.
Speaker 2: He is an incredible human being, so it's always an amazing day. The Big Freeze is a great thing in the game as well. But now just dreading the whole weekend, it's like they say, it's nice, not something any calendar, even if it's six months away. That when you see it and you goh my god, we've got that whole day we're doing that.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh god, I've got that.
Speaker 2: It's like the whole weekend before that. I've got some nice things in, but there's just that horrible it's going to be attacked.
Speaker 1: My senses are there.
Speaker 6: And you know it's coming here, you know, not know that you're about to be attacked.
Speaker 1: And the Pies are doing really well.
Speaker 2: They're like a sending and the Desa now going the opposite way. They're going up into the right on the graph and the desa going down down down down to the right, so perassly, what are you doing long weekends?
Speaker 3: We're heading back to the homesticks and going to Millerwell for the weekend. Can't wait three days of sitting by the fire having a glass of wine. Maybe go for a bike ride?
Speaker 2: No, we might of wine, hopefully not in that order to see you and Chris on a tandem bike.
Speaker 1: Yes, visual.
Speaker 2: Years ago, years ago, me and my friend hide a tandem bike. And it's so hard, so hard. We actually crashed into a car, not a car crashed into us. If you've ever been on a tandem bike, right and something, you have to stop. It's really hard. So one of you is called the stoker. There's a role you have to play front and back and it is so hard. Please please hire a tandem.
Speaker 3: Is it harder on the front or on the back of a front?
Speaker 2: Is it because I was at the front? And it's so because the person bat can really wobble and.
Speaker 3: Then you yeah, and you've got a kind of do you.
Speaker 2: Know what we should do as we should get listeners on tander bikes to do the tan bike. It is so hard and you laughed so hard, because you know when it's that mix of being hysterical and scared, it's that. And then we came to a traffic lights on coming onto Regent Street, which isn't a quiet road. You shouldn't be going on a tandem bike on Regent Street in London, and I remember we just there were traffic lights there and we're trying to go slow because we didn't know.
Speaker 1: How do you like who puts what foot down? Who's left, who's right? You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Because on a bicycle, when it's just you, you put that one foot down, but obviously there's a counterweight behind you. And if they went the other way and you went one way, so anyway, we both then suddenly, without talking to each other, put the same left leg down and so the bike just went into went into a car. We broke a wing mirror. There was almost a road rage incident. So yeah, let's do the tandem bike right. And so what do you take when you go away from long We can take too much? Wife takes that pillow really really yeah?
Speaker 3: No, Well we're even going to pack the espresso machine, our coffee machine. Why because it makes the best coffee and I know espresso. I know there's.
Speaker 1: Coffee instant, but it's really good.
Speaker 2: It's a city that prides itself on very very good coffee, coffee shops and great coffee barists around here.
Speaker 1: Where do you go? Is it r in the middle of nowhere?
Speaker 3: No, it's not in the middle of nowhere. There's cafes everywhere.
Speaker 1: But the way you take you crappy espresso because not the ones the pods?
Speaker 2: Is it it is? I love Are you getting the hotel? And oh my god, they've got the petty pods which you like, get coffee? Put that little fumbling without thumb in.
Speaker 3: We love it though, And the love God on a weekend, being the queen that I am, he brings me a coffee before I get out of bed. That's that's just what he's always done.
Speaker 2: I'm looking after himself with that.
Speaker 3: So if the machines there in the room, we don't have to. You know, by the time we get up, everyone gets showered and gets ready to go down to breakfast and everything. It's like too long to wait for a coffee waiting for a teenager to get ready, you know, it might be two hours before we get down there. So we figured we would breathe.
Speaker 1: It's a lot to lug it around, isn't it.
Speaker 3: No, we still got it in its original box out in the garage and we just lug it in the back of the boot and off we go.
Speaker 2: You know, occasionally I have that list. I'm always asking you to update ree of thing spokens, love, yes, Yes, and original boxes.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Yesterday was our seventh birthday of the show, and we're still getting cards. There are a load more that we found this morning. Thank you very much to everyone who sent us birthday cards. Now I've got two of them here, both included scratchies. Oh that's a nice thing to do, isn't it. Yeah. So the first one is a bit of an odd one, right. So it's a birthday card, like a lot of the ones I've got. Obviously, someone have found it to a seven year old huh. But this one has already been filled out to a grandson.
Speaker 3: Ah.
Speaker 2: So it says inside to my gorgeous grandson Finn, love Nana. Right. This lady had crossed it out right that bit and then just put Christian and the team.
Speaker 1: Love Nana.
Speaker 3: Poor little Finn's probably looking for his birthday.
Speaker 2: Not just that, there's a used scratchy inside where she'd obviously got me the scratch and thought, hang mate, what she wins big? She scratched him all off and I hadn't won big, and she still shoved it inside.
Speaker 1: I did get you, Yeah, he didn't win.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So there's that, which is unbelievable, unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Then there's count and Lara also sent me a your your seven with a scratchy inside. But she's done it right, the scratchy has I haven't scratched him, and so I thought, Patsy, could you do this?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: The cherries they are the classic one.
Speaker 3: So there's golden cherry.
Speaker 1: Golden cherryes is what we're looking for. Let's find out we.
Speaker 3: One big and look it's like prize one to seven to coincide with our seventh birthday.
Speaker 1: Oh, I see that's all she did.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, So I guess I go right across. So there's seven games. I guess I go right across the five cherries and see what have you got to match too?
Speaker 1: I presume I don't think it's complicated.
Speaker 3: Pats, well, I haven't done it scratchy for a while.
Speaker 1: What is that the queen of something.
Speaker 2: I don't know how the commoners do these.
Speaker 3: Hey, I've got to speak any love? Are doing this right? I've got two thirty four's.
Speaker 6: We don't know.
Speaker 5: Patsy only scratch how the scratches nine fifty.
Speaker 2: Nine bognately it's on holiday at the moment. If she was on the show right now, she know how to do those. Oh rash, some cheat, some way of conning it as well. You can take it that you've won.
Speaker 3: And like game one, I don't believe anything we've got.
Speaker 4: You've got the news the Christian O'Connell show podcast, Patsy have we.
Speaker 3: We have one? Are you ready for it?
Speaker 2: On?
Speaker 1: Please?
Speaker 3: Like the second last game, we have to match three numbers. We got three red number forty sevens and we have won a cool ten.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Karen and Lara. All right, so we've just won an instant ten bucks. We're gonna give it away as big bucks on this breakfast show.
Speaker 1: Ten dollars. That's a coffee for somebody.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was talking calling now on thirteen fifty five, twenty two.
Speaker 1: And you've just grazed me.
Speaker 2: Crazy. We're all sadly watching offices with people who are handsy. We don't want the new version to be grazy.
Speaker 1: Have you met Pats? All I will say is he's a grazer.
Speaker 6: Keep your distance, yes, keep your distance limbo when you go ba?
Speaker 1: Okay, where was I?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yes? Calling? Now if you'd like a coffee, we've got so what we did? Would we send them that card?
Speaker 3: I guess so they can climate itself.
Speaker 6: That's part of the journey.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and what a journey as well. Thirteen fifty five twenty two. All right, this look at some of your emails Late to the party late number. You can email about anything we talked about on the show, whether you're a week on or whether you listen to our podcast. My email my inbox is always wide open. Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au. This comes from the newly senior John Lewis. This wording is relevant, Christian. I'm a listener based in the Motherland, so I listened to a podcast who usually save up a week's worth so I can binge them. On June the third, I was listened to the show from the previous week brackets, I believe it was Wednesday the twenty eighth May. But this bit is fairly irrelevant. You mentioned that age considered to be now middle aged. This peaked my interest, as I'd consider myself proudly middle aged. And during your discussion it was stated that the years of middle ages are between forty and fifty five, and that over fifty five fifty six, my age onwards was considered senior. This was a devastating shock to me, as I just turned fifty six. I was actually in a really good mood and joined the show. How only you find out I am now a senior? Shall I just go and stand in my grave now? Thank you for dumping this on me. But from that loved the show The newly senior John Lewis, Yeah, I think it actually upset a lot of people.
Speaker 6: There's some dignity in being senior like you guys.
Speaker 2: No, no, no. Last week I was having to meet with someone and they were talking about, you know, what do you want to do for the your rest of life? How do you want to use this time? And they said, you know, now that you're an elder, I went, if you see that game an elder Piggy Yoda an elder fifty.
Speaker 1: Two radio in your elder years?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, absolutely not that is offensive.
Speaker 6: It is.
Speaker 1: We've got here.
Speaker 2: This is a Mark Christian happy seventh and of a I was listening to the podcast that came out yes on your seventh birthday show, and you had that amazing cooler on Laurie talking about the story when we must repeat this, we must replay it, the story about the book being passed around from generation to generation. It's actually a ninety year yes, ninety year story. You mentioned then the modern distractions, well, he mentions here. I got a whole load of emails. I didn't realize that I said game stations. I meant to say PlayStations. I said playboys, the distractions for teenage boys. He goes, Christian, thank you for taking us back to your childhood and finding magazines in Hederos Fridian.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: I got a lot of those going, Christian, what you meant? But you said game stations and playboys. Yes, yes, here's to another seven years. Yes, thank you very much. To a lot of people who's sudden paused the podcast, I went, wait a minute, it's like a misheard lyric, isn't it. Did he say I know what he meant, but he said teenage distractions.
Speaker 5: You know, playboys were sending him birthday cards or play playboys?
Speaker 2: What is he now?
Speaker 1: This comes?
Speaker 2: This is a lovely one from Michelle Morning, Christian and the team. I was listening to the show yesterday and you said something that really resonated with me. I hope it's not about the playboys and we need to move on, Okay. You would talk about all the cards, all the cards, and how lovely was to see the handwriting, and how handwriting is unique to each of us.
Speaker 1: It's like hearing somebody's voice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wonder how many of you keep old voicemails from people that aren't around him. Or I've got one from one of my best friends who died in twenty seventeen, and he wasn't that old and he'd left me a voicemail about a week before he died. Suddenly, I still have an hour, can't I can't bring myself to delete. There's also something about I know you can all watch videos and it's the people who are no longer around now. You see them visually, but it's the voice that is so much more.
Speaker 1: I do it was it intimate than seeing them visually?
Speaker 2: You get distracted, but like what they're wearing and what you were wearing, and how your hair was then, and what was going on the scene. You get distracted in the scene the voice when you play about those old voicemails and that from people who are no longer around. It's incredible. It's just completely different. Anyway, Michelle goes on to say, what a tear.
Speaker 1: To my eye.
Speaker 2: My mom passed away a couple of months ago. Michelle, I'm very sorry about to hear that. And I got a tattoo of her handwriting, Oh wow, there was a very unique way I was Actually we were talking about this yesterday, how certain words we write them in a very unique way, don't we. There was a way that she always wrote the word mum. It was a very sort of different slant on it. That's what my tattoo is, Michelle. That is a lovely thing to do. I'd love to see if you were happy to share a picture of that. As always earned the emails for your late La party. Please know more about Yes, I did say play Boy, you know what I make grow up listeners Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com today you thank you.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell shout go on podcast.
Speaker 2: If you're tuned in, we have just one an instant ten dollars on some scratch cards that were sent in to me in a birthday card from Karen in Lara. That ten bucks we're given to you. We're shouting one of you a coffee. Ben's on the line right now. Ben, sounds like you really need a coffee. Good morning, Ben. Oh sorry, Rios is nippout because I didn't like the song we were going to next, so I gave him a better song to play.
Speaker 1: Ben. Youallo, Ben, So you need a coffee. I would love a coffee.
Speaker 6: I'm a truck driver.
Speaker 1: I'm always out on the road and I'm always I'm sick of getting the servo one dollar two dollar coffee.
Speaker 2: So that's not going to do it.
Speaker 1: Oh no, and you're a truck driver as well, I am.
Speaker 2: Well you need a proper coffee then all right, So where send you the scratches? You then get the money, you get yourself the coffee.
Speaker 1: Oh, thank you.
Speaker 2: It's at least we could do. We look after our listeners, We really do.
Speaker 1: Ben.
Speaker 2: Thanks for joining the show and have a great day today.
Speaker 4: The Christian o'connall show podcast.
Speaker 2: We'll talked about this before on the show. Some songs reminds you of your mum or dad.
Speaker 1: My mom.
Speaker 2: Mom got me into music be as a kid there was always music playing the house, just to dance with mum and a lot of Dad was at work. Joan on a trade and she actually passially just stuck ahead in the studio, went jooneom my trading, JOEO, my trading is coach to Melbourne. I said, oh, okay, I let the listeners go. I just I just had a cursory Google because we had a bum stairs we got from old mate in there on news as well. Right, there's no trace for it. Yeah, she's playing the Royal abbot hole. I mean, I know we're sending listeners to London and go and see Oasis. We can't go while you're there popping and see the Royal abber hole. Joan, I'm a trading live in life.
Speaker 1: You know what.
Speaker 3: I might have confused it with Tracy Chapman.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Two, very very it was just wishful, wishful be yeah, okay.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell show go on podcast.
Speaker 2: Before we get into today's show, I was listening to Patsy's news there and I heard about the Posties, a record number post he has been attacked by dogs. And I also read the report Patsy then, so it's more than forty four posts these This is obviously a serious thing. Forty four posties a week are in are victims of dog related instance, which breaks down nine a day, right, and they work very hard.
Speaker 1: Okay, and Victor him.
Speaker 2: Victoria hotspots are Oakley, South Mornington as well. Uh, and you won't be surprised that the most commonplace, which state in which state in the country. Do you think they're more dangerous dogs?
Speaker 6: Queensland?
Speaker 2: You got it by friend, Queensland.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right there, Long Long Way have all the other.
Speaker 2: States, and it's New South Wales and then w Way and then here in Victoria. But the thing that caught my eyes well is to help the posts and protect all their staff. They're arming every single OZ post delivery person with citronella like a candle.
Speaker 3: Like well, yeah, I mean dogge.
Speaker 2: So so don't don't dangerous dogs like them. I know you because I've got this horrible smell cit tronella. You light that candle, you know it's that coil. Yeah, everyone's got the caller to stop the mosses coming.
Speaker 1: So but you know that you think about the sense.
Speaker 2: So the odds post bit, they're in that little sort of motorbike thing like the Popma bit, isn't they go around and they've got all that sort of like firefighters, don't they shot?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they got all the all the gear on right all the floor. Where is the citronella on them?
Speaker 3: I reckon? It's like with the coppers, you know how break Yeah, like you know, but.
Speaker 2: Again, if a dangerous dog is you know, going for them or some that they've got to remember where the spray is?
Speaker 5: Yeah, fumbling around for your citrina, it's like but even if you get it, that's surely it's like a knife at a gunfight situation like this is citrin elle what you say?
Speaker 2: Now, they should be on with knives or guns. It should be like a bandoa like Mexican banders.
Speaker 6: But is it gonna be enough to stop a raging pit bull?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. If a pitbull, heaven a bit is actually attacking you or right your legs of that and you're going, oh my god, I did I leave it? It's not my back pocket. No, oh my god, it's a candle.
Speaker 1: Takes ages to get going.
Speaker 4: That Christian color show podcast.
Speaker 2: Now once a week on the show we do something called small Thing, Big Rage, and I love hearing them or your moans and all your rape stuff like that. I was sinking today after something happened before the show today. Maybe we should reverse it. Do small things, big joy, small joy, beautifully done. That is, if I had a high level senius production.
Speaker 1: You need to get on this show.
Speaker 2: Why record something new when you can easy just add it in like that.
Speaker 1: Kids, that's how you do.
Speaker 2: It's all right, So small thing, Big Joy. I didn't realize that this company provide toast well breadth.
Speaker 1: A stunt.
Speaker 2: Yesterday morning I came in and Ben, the engineer, was buttering up some delicious looking toast, and I was like, oh my god, you bring that in every morning and save He goes, no, no, no, the company provide breads in this fridge here, and so I had to get the come and do the show this morning. I came in five minutes early so I could use my entitlement of employee bread.
Speaker 6: Your bread allocation.
Speaker 2: I used it two ses. I'm not going to be greedy, and I toasted it. By the way, at this station, we have instant hot water that tap right It's brilliant, isn't it. Why can't you have instant toast that? What does it take three or four minutes to brown the toast? But doesn't that pil form andutes feel like three hours? Do you amount a time?
Speaker 1: You do it?
Speaker 2: You just get it out and you go.
Speaker 1: I can't need to go beg for the you stare at that toaster.
Speaker 6: Come on, all you have to do is make the toaster hotter. What are we doing?
Speaker 2: People? Just use the technology. We can have instant hot water, all that energy in a nanosecond. Surely put that into some kind of domestic flame thrower.
Speaker 6: That's all we asked.
Speaker 1: That's all I'm asking.
Speaker 5: Come on, Bosh, don't get too excited about the staff bread because the bread only comes once every two weeks on a Tuesday.
Speaker 1: So how do you know all this?
Speaker 6: Because I've also been through the same small joy.
Speaker 2: That you now thinking I'll do this every morning because that lovely warm toast.
Speaker 5: No, no, the next time you'll be able to get it is what the fifteenth I think of June's so it's.
Speaker 1: Going to be kidding me.
Speaker 2: And you've got to have a bread man who comes every two weeks. Yeah, just roar again. Is it rush?
Speaker 1: Can I get some bacon? You're kidding me? So is this going to run out?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: It runs out?
Speaker 5: You know why because none of the bloody staffer here on Mondays or Tuesday. So that's when we get to cash in. They all floodback, come crawling back. Wednesday, Thursday, it all disappears. And that I would dare say there will be noted by tomorrow.
Speaker 1: And also here's the other thing. They store the bread in the fridge. I've never seen that. Does anyone else store bread in the bread?
Speaker 3: Put the bread fridge?
Speaker 1: Does it? Does it?
Speaker 2: Does it stay healthier longer than because you know, we've all got the bread bin and it goes off very quick, doesn't it.
Speaker 1: But the bread is in the fridge.
Speaker 2: It's like this, if this company could save a buck, it would They must have good intel keep I'm now wondering, like, wait, how long has that loaf been in there? Has it been in there since the eighties when this station was like K nine or something like? He brought it in best for nineteen seventy four. So yeah, so it's not I can't rely on that every day.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, that is a fleeting pleasure mister o'kan, is it only one type of bread?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's not.
Speaker 2: They've got the cheap They've got the cheap white bread. It's not even tummy at home. My wife won't let me have it. So here, oh white bread, get that bleachy stuff in me.
Speaker 6: It's the Woolworths that they've got whole meal or white square, you know the two dollars a loaf?
Speaker 3: Is it sandwich or toast life?
Speaker 1: Though sandwich it tastes so great. Cake?
Speaker 2: Okay, So what I'm going to do then every weekend I will buy a loaf of bread for the team, and the team only what loaf of bread do you want me to get?
Speaker 1: Should I get sour dough?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yes, playsty that We're going to be happier on the radio with sour perform for the listeners.
Speaker 1: It's better for us, it's better for radio. I actually think we'll look back across the year and go what did you do?
Speaker 2: Then the ratings went through the roof, Christian wouldring sourdo into the team?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: That's it? Anyway, that was a discussion we should have had after the shown the team meeting. Very sorry you had to sit there with your arms folder go, and where is the entertainment these things? Man? That's it.
Speaker 1: It's a small thing.
Speaker 2: In the morning when you get to work. If you're a chief executive, listen right now, treat your team to sour dough and short change the bread. And also who what does any of the company have a bread person come every two weeks? That is so tight it literally won't give us a slice of bread this place, it's like living in a Charles Dickens novel.
Speaker 1: Work Please suit the bus?
Speaker 2: Can I have some more?
Speaker 6: No? Two weeks?
Speaker 2: Time you can eat?
Speaker 1: Then?
Speaker 2: Now do radio anyway? Small thing, big joy? What's it for you? Text me seventy five three one o.
Speaker 4: Four three Christian O'Connell show one podcast.
Speaker 2: Now Because I started wondering why this company stores the bread that we get every two weeks in the fridge.
Speaker 1: I didn't know.
Speaker 2: Everyone listens to the show is onto this. None of us had any idea. Panny does it last longer? And the best place it work never goes steal is everyone has it in their freezer.
Speaker 1: Adds another thirty seconds.
Speaker 2: You get it straight out the freezer, a slice of two whatever you want, you put it straight and ses to adds another thirty seconds, but it won't ever go steal.
Speaker 5: Now my concern is if I'm taking a frozen peace of bread into the toaster, is that going to make it soggy though on the inside, going from cold frozen to.
Speaker 2: Hot, I wouldn't have thought so. No, no, no, because you've got that intense heat there. Okay with the heat wise.
Speaker 3: The grills things, But you've got to be careful of freezer burn as well, because I put stuff in the freezer and forget it's there, and then by the time you remember to cook it, it's got that freezer taste about it. Well, it gets that, you know, that flavor from the freezer. No, I call it freezer burn.
Speaker 2: No, I've never heard that freezer my life right through the bad thing.
Speaker 1: It's permeating around your cranium right now.
Speaker 3: Is you get freezer burn?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, small thing, big joy.
Speaker 2: My four year old daughter running up to me all excited when I get home.
Speaker 1: I remember those years. They're there for about three three more you've got then they don't do it anymore, and they eventually walk away out the door and never come. Good morning, Welcome to the.
Speaker 3: Christian That's a big thing, big joy.
Speaker 2: Keeps away longer. Don't even throw it out straight into the toaster. Okay, we freeze our bread. Never have stale bread does take an ax thirty seconds. Thank you.
Speaker 5: What if you have like those loaves that aren't pre cut, you get an artisan load?
Speaker 1: Oh god, yeah, you're going to get a nice pick.
Speaker 2: Or sourdough.
Speaker 1: Sourdough's rock hard. Anyway, I'm freezing that. I'm bringing that in. I've just said an email.
Speaker 2: By the way, I'm saying, how I found out that the company provides bread, and Riss told me we only get it every two weeks because we work for a tight world radio station.
Speaker 1: So I said, it's now in my in my diary on my phone.
Speaker 2: I've said it as a weekly thing on a Sunday in Block Cap get Team sourdough and jam.
Speaker 6: I'm very well, a.
Speaker 2: Very kind listener, William not Christian. I can get you bread. I own a bakery in North Melbourne. How about this, I'm having to drop off some Team bread tomorrow, sour though freshly baked, hours before the show starts. William is, how I've been drop in a couple of croissants, some nice Danish and a couple of pasties as well. Christian, it's just something you'd like me to do, William Not Yes, yes, yes you Yes, that's very very kind.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe I could put in a weekly order with William Not. Yes. That's living well, isn't it. We get freshly coming on a Monday. The muffin Man's been Do.
Speaker 2: You know that? Do you remember that song? Do you know the muffin Man? Muffin Man? It is a song when people let me pat their dogs.
Speaker 3: Oh oh yes, I love that.
Speaker 6: Are you supposed to ask?
Speaker 3: Yes, right, and hold your hand out for them to have a bit of a sniff.
Speaker 2: You should always ask, because some dogs don't like it. Yeah, I always ask as well. I'll tell you what. It's also beautiful. It's the smell of a top of a dog's head.
Speaker 6: Yes, you love the top of heads.
Speaker 1: And that's gonna sound weird. I am not going around.
Speaker 2: I am not going around with We've had enough with old Grazer.
Speaker 1: We can't Christian the snapper.
Speaker 6: A baby, Christian, guys, I need Yeah, it's.
Speaker 1: That that and as all of her labrador's head, let me at it.
Speaker 3: And remember, oh yeah, the smile of a shampoo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just had a message from my mum.
Speaker 2: Right now. She's live in the UK. She's watching Springsteen in Liverpool. Oh, first time, first time, right, first time, Bruce Springsteen.
Speaker 1: He's ever played Liverpool.
Speaker 2: She's there so it's Wednesday night on Thursday month, so she's there right now, and he's he's doing a three over a three hour epic show at Liverpool Stadium and Field Stadium, and he's over the moon because it's the first time he's ever played down in Liverpool. Christian this week, my small thing, big Joy, it's cold enough to start using my hot water bottle. I love my hot water bottle. That's from Salnie. Uh.
Speaker 1: This has come from Shane Christian. You're right. What is it about wives not letting their husbands have white bread?
Speaker 2: But my wife went away last weekend. The first thing I just went water cheap oat, local wild. That's the joy for me. As soon as I like white bread, I'm not allowed to have that at home. But at work, old beady, I can't see me here living my best life chomping on cheap o' white bred. Good morning, team, small thing, big Joy. This is going to sound disgusting, but my three year old used to sit on my lap and fat. The thing that would bring me the joy is how little giggle after she does it. It's the cutest thing, each to their own, each topsip of heads.
Speaker 1: Let me at that labrador's head.
Speaker 2: Guys, can you arrange one day just to have as many labradors as you can get to the station, so I could walk a line of labradors sniff in their heads. I actually think you know that a cat goes crazy with gatting it with his legs up in the ear.
Speaker 1: That is what would happen to me. I'd short circuit, I'd faint with joy.
Speaker 2: Christian, my small thing, big joy is sitting in the country listening to the birds and enjoying a cup of tea while doing the crosswords kind of.
Speaker 1: That sounds absolutely blissful.
Speaker 2: Keeps coming, the great small thing, big Joy. Four se five three one O four three. Do you know the muffin.
Speaker 4: Man the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: All, yeah, that's what we're saying exactly that. Okay, So if you ever want to hear the song you call it, we go I to hear hell.
Speaker 1: Da la la la la.
Speaker 2: This is a little remix I'm starting to do with some of the songs, but how do you like it? Anyway?
Speaker 1: We were just talking. Sorry, we weren't just talking.
Speaker 2: It was me. I was just something ringing about that. But the muffin Man, do you remember that? Do you know the muffin Man, muffin Man, muffin Man? Anyway, one of you texted and said, Adam Lambert has sung do you know the muffin Man in the style of shut? This is amazing.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: He's going to release this.
Speaker 2: He's got an amazing voice anyway, Adam Lambert.
Speaker 1: But you who knew he could do a great shirt doing the muffin Man incredibly?
Speaker 2: Thank you very much Melissa for sending that into us. That's a new ear one for me. That is brilliant. We're doing small things, big joy right now, the show sat Big Joy. We're also still getting messages from you about storing your bread loaf in the freezer Christian. Most toasters nowadays have a setting on them for frozen bread. I store my bread and the freezer. Put a couple of slices in a sandwich bag and take them out as required, so you haven't could run and break the loaf up. We have some smart people who are hacking knife world. I'm Stephen Christian. My small thing, this is some this's of my small thing. Big joys dipping cho chocolate biscuits in my cup of tea and sucking the melted chocolate off before you eat the biscuits. That's want to look at them, Melissa. Is that at work or a loose small thing? Big joy?
Speaker 1: This is one.
Speaker 2: Mark is coming home after a long note work to be greeted by my dog.
Speaker 1: Who behaves like up in a way for you.
Speaker 2: You're right, Mark, that's a great one, Bonnie Christian and the team.
Speaker 1: Small thing, big joy.
Speaker 2: When the petrol pump stops at the exact dollar or liter.
Speaker 1: About and you you're right, that's a great one.
Speaker 2: Small thing, big joy is my trusty old backscratcher hitting the exact spot when I've been trying to contort my arm to get in the middle of the backs. Came, yes, freezer. Mine is a thing to prevent that. You have to double bag the bread then it doesn't get that freezer taste. I love that small thing, big joy. Getting my tests read out on.
Speaker 1: The radio a pleasure and eat a pleasure.
Speaker 2: Christian.
Speaker 1: I love forget about the top of a dog's head. You have a you have a smelt their poor pads, Gina, don't.
Speaker 2: Get me started. I haven't done that, but that's a new thing I could start tonight.
Speaker 1: I'm more glad it's not the pause, it's the poor pads. Christian.
Speaker 2: One of my small things Big joys feeding a horse and apple and how happy he looks it?
Speaker 1: Does this really go?
Speaker 2: A cute thing where he doubles his tongue in his mouth and sucks it for rages like he's savoring every last juicey's taste of it. It always makes me smile. This does your show, Chules, what a lovely thing to say. That's great, Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Coming up in twenty minutes time. Then name game.
Speaker 2: If your name is a bit of a pain, get ready to play at eight.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell show, go on podcast.
Speaker 2: Christian, Small Thing, Big Joy When the deadly as system weighs the exact amount of something you've asked for, nothing nothing more satisfying than seeing those scales match. It's wizardry. Rachel Cornell, you're right, that's a great one. Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Christian.
Speaker 2: My small thing, Big Joy is my milk frother twenty two bucks and Camar. Every morning I make my coffee my little Audi coffee pup machine, but the milk Frother adds to the coffee makes it a latte.
Speaker 1: I work from home and I just love it.
Speaker 2: I even went over for afternoon tea with my ninety five year old neighbor on Sunday and made a hot chocolate with the.
Speaker 1: Fro She loved it. Julie Brooke, what a lovely act of kindness that is.
Speaker 5: You know who is at Kmart and Audi yesterday, Katie Perry?
Speaker 1: What because she's in? She was in.
Speaker 5: She's in the Western so she's in Lidcombe which is the equivalent of say Werribee, and she's in.
Speaker 6: She's spotted in the Audi and Camart in the West.
Speaker 1: Hill doesn't love an anko. I want to know. I want to know what she was buying.
Speaker 2: I need you now to drop all your activities the next hour we've got of the show to find out what was she buying her?
Speaker 1: Was she in disguise or Katy Perry?
Speaker 6: She had big black glasses on and a baseball.
Speaker 2: Can you think if I ever see somebody with big glasses on a base workup? I think that person's famous. More Yes, it's right. You're instantly more suspicious. That's fantastic, and Julie lovely thing to do, Christian. We just got a new Ikea wardrobe and decided to get the lights installed. So now every time I open the wardrobe doors, my clothes are illuminated.
Speaker 1: But don't you.
Speaker 2: We have lights in the bedroom anyway, in the actual cat I can see everything. What a game changer?
Speaker 1: If us a smile on my face every time.
Speaker 2: I get so excited whenever my friends come around, I show that my new lit up wardrobe. It is I love that.
Speaker 4: Kelly.
Speaker 2: That's great, Kelly in Preston, Thank you very much, Christian. Small thing, big joy is one hundred cotton fresh clean sheet. When you get in that bed and you smell, the first thing you do is you run the hand over the sheet, don't.
Speaker 1: You it's fresh?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: I can't they be fresh every day? I bet they are for Katie.
Speaker 3: Perry Friday nights, our sheet night, change the sheets on a Friday.
Speaker 2: We told you before you love life is not the concern of this show. Okay, I know what? Ask her? Anything else? Anyway? Where were we? Oh? Yes, how do you win your way to London? To go and see Oasis play It.
Speaker 6: Seem to win. It's go your Ti kid yea record your rentry.
Speaker 2: You could be a Wembley touch of Yoda about that record? Must I like it? Awaits Yoda sing it to Win It? Oasis Live twenty twenty five. They're coming here obviously Marble Stadium. Final tickets or the third show November fourth are on cell now and Live Nation dot com dot au for all the details. But we're going to send you before they're here, the first time they're back together in London in seventeen years, on the same stage opening night of their nine day run at Wembley Stadium. A million people will see them in nine days. You're gonna be the first to see them on the opening night. I'm so jealous. I even know the date off by how I don't even need to look at the fact sheet. Twenty fifth of July. You'll be there, incredible sunshine in and a day sunny evening in London, Wembley Stadium, Oasis on stage for the first time in seventeen years. We're going to fly two of you to London, spending money, put you up in a great hotel. You can then call the show on the Monday and make us all jealous. How great you are there at history a truly historic rock and roll moment. We're going to put you there now as Rio just sung. How do you win it? You pick an OATI song, you add your own lyrics to it, you record it on your phone, email it to me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot AU. Now the Golden Roy you need to remember with this, you probably thinking I'd love it. I'd love this. However I haven't got a very good voice. It doesn't matter. This is not a talent competition. It is a singing competition, but it's not a talent competition. Two very very different things. I say that because I need to play you. We've had our first entry ready only announces this time yesterday morning, Wow, six o'clock yesterday evening.
Speaker 1: I'm making dinner for.
Speaker 2: My family and as a ping on my phone, it's the first entry and it's from and who's done this to wonderful and thank you very much, Christian, Congratulations on birthday. Listen from the early days until now. How much would I love to win the Oasia tickets? O MG, please listen to my version of wonder wol I'd love to take my husband Greg with me to the Oasis show. Haven't had the cash to ford the tickets today Melbourne shows here. Greg's never been to the UK. Much of this is from Ann and this is a brilliant, brilliant, brilliant start. This is what we're talking about. Passion.
Speaker 1: Two day is going to be the day I'll win that London flight from you.
Speaker 2: Brilliant start.
Speaker 5: Fine, now, I've memorized trying of every song that girlikers do.
Speaker 2: I don't believe anybody loves.
Speaker 4: The words they sing like I do now because maybe.
Speaker 2: God It for me is the one to save me. Nicely done and nicely done after.
Speaker 4: I'm the biggest fan of the.
Speaker 2: Mall great, great, very Now be listening, Christian going, Okay, you're saying it's not a talent competition, play me something. Then approves that you sure, because I've got another one. But I said, and I will always say every day of this, this is not a talent competition.
Speaker 1: This is from Michelle.
Speaker 7: I don't think I'll take my hobby, my best Friendy. You have said cry when we sit down on the plane of've in the sky.
Speaker 1: Take a busca isn't it's timidy.
Speaker 7: Drink, never seen the man concern never they were my girls in case they fight, but they are getting high.
Speaker 2: Check that one.
Speaker 1: The opening line.
Speaker 2: Okay, good one. To the kids on the school.
Speaker 7: Run, Mum, what do you say?
Speaker 2: Come on? Very very good? All right, keep them coming. Then email your entries. Are you picking away the song? You write your own lyrics single on your phone? Email it over to me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 1: Sorry, we're doing a minute, just figuring out. I'll get well soon.
Speaker 2: Card to the Hawk, Skipper James, Cecily James, sorry to hear you've hurt your get well soon at Nightmare.
Speaker 1: When have you ever hurt your.
Speaker 2: It's agony weeks. You go to the dogs and you go, what's up me? He goes, Look, it's bad news. I give it you straight. You've hurt your rum a any.
Speaker 1: Who's funny stuff? All right, let's get on with the show.
Speaker 6: Do you have a name that's a pain?
Speaker 5: A name you always need to explain, Well, we've made name my name as in game.
Speaker 2: Well you're on fine form, so smash the next twenty minutes Patsy, we'll see what happened. Lines are over now thirteen fifty five, twenty two. If you've got to name, it's a bit of a pain. We've turned it into a game. So if you have got on those names that is a bit of pain. You will have a one go to line that you almost have in your back pocket every day. When someone mangles you name, you go, as in you start with the clue that you give to all the people, as in me and Patsy take each other on trying I guess what your name is from the clue.
Speaker 1: It goes up this cool a one. Welcome to the name game.
Speaker 2: Sorry, there's two parts to my name.
Speaker 4: The first part is one of the kids from the flamestone bam bam and then the second part is the type of.
Speaker 2: Car Bamford O toyo are you Bamford Bamford cooler too? Good morning?
Speaker 3: My name as in a golf stroke, Oh I don't know, god swing shot Chip Chip.
Speaker 2: Sometimes people say that they almost try and convince the person that's their names you got it wrong.
Speaker 1: Your name is Chip.
Speaker 2: Just say yes, you are now reborn Christian Chip.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the Christian O'Connell show. Thank you very much for joining us, Christian. I just jumped to the car. I haven't heard the sports news. I'm a Hawks fan. Oh, I've got some of it here.
Speaker 3: Hawks are without skipper James Cicily, who's dealing with a.
Speaker 6: Splash of domino.
Speaker 2: I can't have the time to do that will waste Lockie's time telling to edit it.
Speaker 1: This is how it went out on air.
Speaker 3: Hawks are without skipper James Cicily, who's dealing with a hippp slasher domino oor guy injury, our best horse.
Speaker 1: It's a night when you hurt your.
Speaker 2: All. Right, the Name Game as in, let's get ready to play?
Speaker 1: Are you ready, Patsy?
Speaker 2: Do it? Locked and loaded? Now we don't know your name, so this is when you come on air. You'll just hear me refer to you as caller one, two, three, and four. You can play along at home as well, call a one. Good morning, Welcome to the Name game.
Speaker 4: Good morning. My last name as in the legal system.
Speaker 3: Lawyer, judiciary, justice, brief, courthouse, registrates, justice, justice, justice, strong.
Speaker 1: Name and does it influence your choice of occupation? What do you do?
Speaker 4: I'm a crossing supervisor, So.
Speaker 2: Justice sestri Injustice, Justice by name, Justice by Nature, Loving Income.
Speaker 3: John Mellencamp named one of his sons, Justice, didn't he I think he's got a kid called Justice.
Speaker 1: It's very like we focus on the sport. Let's go to work. Caller too, good morning, caller.
Speaker 2: Too hill to Hi?
Speaker 3: Are you my name?
Speaker 2: Is? In a children's game Hopscotch Scotch, well known child's game in the nineteen.
Speaker 1: Kids they love that.
Speaker 2: I don't know. They take top and they scotch Hungry Hippo? Are you hungry hippo? No for Monopoly, Ted winks, I spy not Marbles.
Speaker 6: No getting.
Speaker 4: Cards close to my home, gloth everything.
Speaker 1: Guess who? Hello, which, guess who?
Speaker 5: I getting closer, but yeah, closer, Maybe another Cluekay.
Speaker 6: Another clue. As in.
Speaker 2: A pizza shops Dominos, Thank you all right?
Speaker 1: Call the three? You're playing along today?
Speaker 2: Pats? Yes, I am.
Speaker 3: I believe I won the last round. We are one? All yeah, I said Justice, Justice, No, I call the whole thing off.
Speaker 2: Call the three.
Speaker 1: Welcome from the name game tense scenes, Hi, guys, my first name.
Speaker 2: As in the Flower, the Tea.
Speaker 3: And the Rice Rose, No, Daisy, the Flower, the tea and the rice.
Speaker 1: Uncle Ben's. One of my favorite bouquets of flowers is Uncle.
Speaker 2: Bens the flower, the tea, the tea and thet No some flower.
Speaker 1: Something rice. There's also a flower. There's bas Matti long grain, short grain. Jo well done, you get.
Speaker 3: Of course, Jasmin.
Speaker 2: Well John well beautiful name call a four, call of four. Welcome to the name game. Good morning. My last name as.
Speaker 3: In a gun pistol, Yeah, rifle, no.
Speaker 2: Machine gun eight K forty seven.
Speaker 6: You know too many?
Speaker 2: Oh that's right.
Speaker 1: Your name is Diane Bazooka.
Speaker 3: Is it Winchester?
Speaker 2: No Winster rifle? Last thing and Annie, get your gun? Clark Gable you want to clue? Yeah, play Gatling starts with a b BB gun gun with a bee beretta. Yep, yeah, wow wait all right we do round two next.
Speaker 4: Christian Condor Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Final around now in the name game. As in, during this song, was just catching up with my favorite podcast listen to, which is Daily Sports Podcast Relentless.
Speaker 1: News and just listen to.
Speaker 2: I hadn't quite got to the Edge News Day, so I'll be with you in a second. I just need to hear it.
Speaker 3: Hawks without Skipper James Cecily, who's dealing with a hip slasher dominal injury?
Speaker 2: Oh? Got it?
Speaker 1: Today?
Speaker 3: Okay, my podcast so seamless every other time when I do my cup, But really.
Speaker 6: I always say that about your pattery. You're too good.
Speaker 2: Yea, Actually I am too good.
Speaker 1: You're too slick.
Speaker 3: I spoil you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's it. Yeah, all right.
Speaker 2: So let's go to the name game, as in cooler one.
Speaker 4: Welcome, Hello, good morning guys. My last name as in dried fruits.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Sultana's raisins.
Speaker 6: You got it.
Speaker 2: Second one, Sultana Sultana.
Speaker 1: What is your whole name?
Speaker 2: Daniel Sultana, Daniel, Let's do fruit fruit Surnames, Timarna Show, starting with you, Daniel Sultana.
Speaker 1: What a great.
Speaker 2: Danny Sultana.
Speaker 4: It's like a.
Speaker 2: Seventies lounge singer and now in Vegas. Welcome on stage from One Night Only, Danny Sultana. I love it, Danny, great name. Thank you very much for calling him. I have a good day to call it to. Good morning, Good morning guys. My first name as in.
Speaker 1: Apple, James, James, Cecily Pats.
Speaker 3: We've got a covedion. Did you say as apples?
Speaker 2: Apple?
Speaker 6: Oh? Jonathan?
Speaker 1: Oh, well done.
Speaker 6: You got it, Jonathan, Jonathan Apple.
Speaker 3: It's a variety of apple.
Speaker 2: We don't have them with our lovely Grannie. Smith's all right, thank you very much, Jonathan. It's got to caol of three. Last one today on the name game, I was cooler three. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 6: Good morning.
Speaker 2: My last name is as in a long way away.
Speaker 1: Far, far away, distance.
Speaker 7: Close with the first one far distance, long way far far.
Speaker 2: Yep is your actual name? That's probably short for Farquhar, just far. I met the poshest man in the world once and he told me he was the Queen of England's private bank.
Speaker 1: And I which you name goes Farquhar Harris Smith.
Speaker 2: Of course I've never met a first name Farquhar.
Speaker 6: I know the guy in Shrek the Little King is Lord.
Speaker 2: I met an actual Farquhar.
Speaker 6: Which is your fancy name?
Speaker 2: Yeah, tomorrow Fruit surnames for Joanney, Sultana far Thank you very much. She give us a call.
Speaker 1: You're calling on the school run. Are you okay?
Speaker 2: And how old are you?
Speaker 7: I'm certain and I'm wait for school.
Speaker 6: I'm late for the news.
Speaker 2: Fard school.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Christian O'Connell show, go on podcast.
Speaker 1: I said. Another message from my mum.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, right now, it's late in evening, very late in the evening in the UK. She's watching Bruce Springsteen live first time ever at Liverpool at Anfield, the home of Liverpool, and she said her feet at home. He's been on stage for over three and a half hours. Yes it is, Come on, It's so awesome.
Speaker 6: You and your mom both love Springsteen.
Speaker 2: I love yeah, no, no, My mom was used to listen to him all the time when I was a kid, So that's where it comes from. Yeah, I'd love to be there where she is right now, so as much as I love being with you guys springing right today?
Speaker 1: Then for the best thing on the time?
Speaker 2: Where a night on us and breakfast at the Grand High at Melbourne? How cool enjore the best of Colin Street with a Grand One Night's Day brexfas are two included as well a Grand High at Melbourne. Enjoy. We're looking for your teenage songs today. Practical Parenting Magazine's top five most frustrating teenager habits. Patsy, you have one?
Speaker 3: Where do I go?
Speaker 1: What do you think is in the top five?
Speaker 3: Clothes on the floor and like throwing out clean clothes to the laundry when they're not dirty.
Speaker 1: It's a good one that's not in there.
Speaker 3: Oh you're kidding.
Speaker 1: And five holding cups and plates in their bedroom.
Speaker 2: It's awful.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you go up there disgusted, and sometimes it's like what's it?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 1: Goes all? It's like molds growing, like a skin of mold.
Speaker 2: Layer.
Speaker 1: That's it, the skin of it.
Speaker 3: Find hawks last night going tops forks, seven forks in her bedroom, eating.
Speaker 2: Four exactly, sleeping in past midday. Well that's Patsy the weekend. Yeah, I love it. Three staring at the phones. Yes, number two saying they've done something when they haven't done it.
Speaker 1: Yes, And you have to get what you're say going you sure, why don't you believe me?
Speaker 3: You have to cross examine them.
Speaker 1: And then the dreaded only using one word answers, how's school.
Speaker 2: To it's a grunt, grunting. Yeah, that's it all right? Teenage songs of course, you could have anything. You've got teenage boys by house of stain. Wow, you know because they sped a drink, yes or something? Yeah, yeah, yeah, but always on the bed sheets, you know, boys with the heavy cold. Any hoosy cupoosie smells like teen bo.
Speaker 1: I drop my one as a play on sweet dreams.
Speaker 2: Bohemian snapchat to the actually works, tiktoking on Heaven's door or silver?
Speaker 1: What have you got real teenager songs?
Speaker 6: You know who the teenagers love? Who's that Susan Boyle?
Speaker 1: Remember her Susan Boyle twenty years ago?
Speaker 2: Oh the Susan boil One.
Speaker 1: Let me get Susan Boyn on my chin.
Speaker 6: I mean de meme ge that was her dream?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, hi right? Is it high grade? I think it's low grade bronze minus.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, he's slam slam slamming on Heaven's door.
Speaker 1: That's brilliant God plus very good.
Speaker 6: Shiny shiny patsy people, shiny happy pimple.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's also very good.
Speaker 6: Gold and voice break hotel gold as well.
Speaker 1: Were you just out your teenage years? Break fresh for you? Isn't it all right?
Speaker 2: Then?
Speaker 1: Text yours in teenage songs?
Speaker 4: Oh four seventy five The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Today, we're looking for your teenage songs. I feel bad because it has never been a harder time to be a teenager in this life out Now all they get is us rinsing them for the next five minutes. But we deserve to do it because we do have to put up a lot. Two of the most common phrases from both of my two beautiful daughters when they're right in their peak teenage years, which is, I think fifteen to seventeen, I didn't ask to be born? I should get that one a lot.
Speaker 1: What did I mate? And you think about it? None of us ask. We didn't.
Speaker 2: You didn't sit down with your parents, you know, when you were a zygot and said, listen, guys, I'd like to be born.
Speaker 1: So can you two get jiggy with it?
Speaker 2: Please?
Speaker 6: You wouldn't want him? It be asking?
Speaker 1: No, you know you really don't want about that. The other one was do you know who I am?
Speaker 2: I still get that now with my eighteen year old I made something, you know, come and a side dish of something. She goes, don't looy this? Do you even know me? Meet?
Speaker 1: We're over that now?
Speaker 6: Do ask me born?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: The little questions? Okay, teenage songs, tough time, a bit of teenage. We love the teenager we do. We do jump in Jack pash Tracy, well done, ZiT me maybe one more time? Silver Stephen, tick around the top or clever? Yeah, what a Mark Hopkins. Let me sleep before you go go? I Caroline, well done, not red red wine by UB forty wine wine wine by you b thirteen.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Michael could even say wine like complaining.
Speaker 2: That's what it was.
Speaker 3: I didn't know if you mean drink.
Speaker 2: Wine or many teenagers are tucking lit pino, Oh my pino years when I was fifteen?
Speaker 1: Daddy?
Speaker 2: Can we start new features? Patsy explains Comedy episode nine hundred. I was I was listening to an episode of Patsy explains comedy The other day.
Speaker 3: Hawks are without who's dealing with a hip slash abdominal injury?
Speaker 2: That's comedy, folks. Serrento moody, Oh Silver, that's very good. I love that, Lauren not hey dude, hey mood I'm gonna start singing that hey mood.
Speaker 1: And that will really help things.
Speaker 2: Sitting on the TikTok of the Bay, Silver Miners, No poker face, pimple facezitchy citty bang bang, that's a movie.
Speaker 1: They made us laugh. Pocket money is too tight to mention by pimply red.
Speaker 2: That's so unfair.
Speaker 1: The swisper.
Speaker 2: Almost on the custoder Jason gone singing in the stain.
Speaker 6: Oh no, we can't start staying one.
Speaker 2: No, food fighters have got song for teenagers. Monkey Stench, Monkey Stench is great.
Speaker 1: That's some Josh Cavana, unbreak my voice.
Speaker 2: Silver, time after time, I've told you to get off your device. Have yelled there, Betty Davis and Stankyes, oh not smooth criminal, smoothie criminal. That's a goal, Georgia. That's Oh, she's a real smoothie criminal. Jenny c from the Block, Oh, that's clever. Plus adding Clemente will done. You shook me all fortnight long from mel girls just want to have grunt Silver, I'm so nervous about pronouncing that one at the end of the show. Really really could have taken us into a place. And there's Patsy's clip. At least we can never replay that clip. What about pubic enemy? No, no, come on, let's get physical. Is now, let's get clear us. Who's the winner? Monkey Monkey Stench is the winner? Joe, We're back tomorrow. Thanks for listening.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell Show go On Podcast