Speaker 1: Laura, come on, we.
Speaker 2: Are I know everyone, ladies back again. Yes we are, we are, Laura are Do you know what I have today? Guys, I'm so excited. It's like a really big parenting milestone. This afternoon we have our very first orientation as parents for Marley's news school, because she starts school next year, big school, big school, she starts kindergarten. Surely that is a monumental day, purely because in the nicest way possible, like you get rid of all, like you don't have to have it all day, No, isn't it. Dope, parents get excited when they actually get their life back a little bit. I feel the opposite. Also, Marley already goes to daycare. I think I'm going to be really, really emotional next year when she starts big school. It's such a huge shift, Like I can't believe we're there already. But tonight is basically it's kind of it's not orientation for the kids. It's all the parents get together in the school hall and the principle like presents to the parents. It's really cute. I can't believe we're at this point already.
Speaker 3: Are you're emotional?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I feel really up. I'm just excited. I think like we're ready. She's ready for that next part in that X phase, and I feel like we're ready to Well, guys, I do want to have an important conversation about breast check Day, but not just any boobs.
Speaker 4: I want to talk about my boobs.
Speaker 2: I love talking about your boobs, Brit. It's weird anyway, well gorgeous.
Speaker 3: It's a showy every month we conduct breast check Day, and then you've got some personal asside to it.
Speaker 1: Britt.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I have boobs and I want to talk about them.
Speaker 3: How many do you have?
Speaker 4: Too?
Speaker 3: Two of them? Good on you? All right, that's next on the pickup. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: Hey guys.
Speaker 2: It is the first of the month today, which means it is breast check Day, something that we've started in our own little family to bring awareness to get you guys that are listening to pay attention to your own bodies. But today I want to talk a little bit about my own breasts.
Speaker 1: Was waiting for some people get excited about that.
Speaker 2: I'm joking. This is something that's serious, though, Britt. Now we also know how serious it's been for you.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, So let me just set this up.
Speaker 1: I have started since, just particularly since we've been talking about it more here as well, I've started to do my own breast checks constantly, and a couple of months ago, and I'm ashamed to say months, but a couple of months ago, I felt this lump in my breast, in my left breast, and I was like, that's weird, but you know, breasts are so fatty and lumpy anyway, so I was like, it's probably nothing, start on it for a little while, and then felt it again a couple of weeks later, and kept feeling it, but then I was touching it so much that it started to hurt. And then I couldn't figure out if I was getting breast pain or if I was getting pain from like poking it.
Speaker 3: And you said that to us too here in the studio.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And it's just so annoying because I advocate for, you know, looking after your own health all the time. I worked in a hospital for thirteen years. I know, I know how important it is. Yet I just kept putting it off.
Speaker 4: And I went and stayed over with a friend and another city, and.
Speaker 1: It just came up in conversation and she's like, well, have you had your boobs checked yet and I was like, no, I haven't. I need to get to it. She's like, how long's it been there, I'm a couple of months. She was like, you need to go and get that check, like you should know better. And she's like, I'm gonna message you every single day until you get it. Anyway, bless her, she did, and it took me another week or so. She messaged me every day and I said, no, I haven't checked yet, and I haven't checked. Finally, purely because of her, I was like, oh my god, I'll go and get it checked. So I went and got it checked at the GPE specialist woman's doctor like women's health doctor. And immediately she was like, oh, yes, I can feel that, and she's like I can actually feel some stuff on the other side as well, like on the other boob, and I was like wow, okay.
Speaker 4: She's like you need to go and get it checked and I was like sure.
Speaker 1: She was like, now, and I don't want anyone to think that I have breast cancer.
Speaker 2: I do not, but you think that. You always think it's not gonna happen to you, so you don't put the urgency on it. So I went straight to get the ultrasound, and long story short, I'm absolutely riddled with cysts in both breast, like so many cysts, and I had to wait a few days to find out if anything was going to be nasty in there or if there's anything hiding because there were so many cysts that they can cover if there's anything bad in the tissue. So it was like a really scary couple of days, being like I'm thirty seven, There's definitely been things that I've felt my breast, they've seen them, and those couple of days waiting was really scary, and I'm very grateful to say it came back as all normal cys. But now I have to get checked every single twelve months because things can change very drastically. But also like it's one of those things where if you don't advocate for your own health, I mean, you're so lucky that you had a friend who reminded you every day and everested, but not everybody has that person in their life. And if you're not going to take responsibility for your own health, if you're not going to book the appointment for that thing that's been niggling that you've been concerned about, or that you notice what there was a change with, Like, that's on you. You have to do those things. And we spoke about it earlier in the year. My stepdaddy passed away from prostate cancer and he hit there were signs for so long, Yeah, and he gnored going and getting those screening tests done. And I mean, that's just one thing. You don't ever want to live with the regret that you waited too long because you're too busy or other things took priority. If there is something to be reminded about from this, it's it's to check your breast and if you've something changes, go and booking your health screening. Well, that's what I want to say, because you think that you're wasting people's time, in doctor's time, but you're absolutely not.
Speaker 1: And I don't want to be dramatic, but the difference in a couple of months. If mine was nasty, I put that off for nearly three months. Like if that was nasty, that would have become nasty. So if you're in the car right now, if you're at home, grab your breast, have a feel, have a poke.
Speaker 3: Grab men too. Men can happen to men as well.
Speaker 2: Let me the first of every month. Let it be the day that you remind yourself put it in your calendar to check your breast.
Speaker 3: Yep, agreed, all right. Next on a liner, note not that boobs aren't light, because.
Speaker 2: They're very Actually unless your breast fed a couple of kids and then feel it ad.
Speaker 3: Break, I'm actually should I compare the pair?
Speaker 2: No, let's no, thank you, that's not.
Speaker 3: Okay, don't shame me. You're all happy to talk about boobweite.
Speaker 2: I would like to speak to HR now that you've brought that up.
Speaker 3: We have a show. We have to have HR here.
Speaker 2: MIT's what they'll doing break you know what?
Speaker 3: I don't know who? No, I do know exactly when did you get revenge on someone you work with. We've all worked in, you know, customer facing jobs and we've all had those annoying customers or coworkers that really get under your skin. And it's the little moments that you can take to get back at them. It's the petty stuff, so sweet. And there's a story that's happen in Australia that you're gonna love. That's next after your traffic. A story that came across my desk is so petty. It is so us. It is perfect for the show. A woman in Australia. She's young, she's seventeen, she's working a casual job. She's trying to make ends meet. She's going to Uni. She's going to this ice cream shop on her weekends and after school to make some money. Yeah, good on her.
Speaker 4: Hang on, So she works at an ice cream shop.
Speaker 3: Correct, she's young, she's making money.
Speaker 2: This is We're seventeen.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's Friday afternoon. I'm a boy. We all have worked in customer facing jobs or had coworkers that we hate. She shared this story on TikTok of this real bastard of a customer who'd come in and was blatantly rude, no eye contact, wasn't giving her anything, wasn't nice, just had that aura of like rude. Yeah, just like a real rudy. So she said, this happens a lot. Her only form of rebellion and empowering herself back is when she scoops the ice cream for bad customers. You know how there's like ice cream sized with heaps of toppings and you can kind of see it that it's full of bits and chunks and chocolate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like all the good bits the cookie dough.
Speaker 3: Yep, yep. So say they order like a cookie dough, she will purposely make a scoop that dodgers all the chunks and all the cookie and all the chocolate and give them just a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Speaker 2: She gives them exactly what they deserve. See when I used to work in cafes, if I had someone who was rude, I would always just choose the smallest of the things. So if it was like a piece of brownie, or if it was a muffin or whatever it was, I would always pick the one that was the littlest one, and that's what they got.
Speaker 3: See when I used to work at Cole's, when I was a checkout check I had the highest scan rate in the Southern region. I was very good. I if someone was really rude while I was checking them out, this is bad, but I would double scan, like protein.
Speaker 2: Items, but you would, you would change them twice. Yep, me, But I can see that on a receipt, no one checks the receipt.
Speaker 3: And also they're boomers. They're confused that I know. So you just do a double scan. Amanda message and said, hey, guys, I work at a deli when rude customers would buy mixed chicken pieces, I would only give them the wings.
Speaker 2: Oh, you'd be devoted if you got home and you wanted a breast zero legs. So sad. Oh Grace has said, I am a barista and I will give rude customers decaf coffee even if they haven't asked for it.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. That is manipulation because you don't realize someone's got ashes Ashwicks. Oh, Ashwicks's called oh celebrity podcast or ash week.
Speaker 2: Oh I know this man, Hi.
Speaker 5: Ash, Hello, guys. I'm more of a psychological revenge sort of guy.
Speaker 4: What did you do?
Speaker 5: I used to work in a tubia to shout out to them, they said, if they are listening? And I used to share a desk with a guy so so side by side with a pole in the middle of it underneath just to hold the desk up. And over the three years that I worked there, because he drove me crazy. The whole time, I slowly moved, I'd undrill or unscrew the leg and I would slightly move it closer and closer to him so that his workspace got smaller and smaller.
Speaker 2: That's so much dedication. It's a real long game, isn't it.
Speaker 5: It was three years. I used to do it. I used to do it like I used to work on a Saturday morning and he wasn't there, so I was like, perfect, get in under there, unscrew it, move it just a tiny bit. And then on the day that I left, I finally broke the news to him, And then he'd realized that how cramped he was on this tiny desk, And if you looked underneath the desk, he would see all of the screw holes from when I started when I finished three years later.
Speaker 1: So not only you're committing for three years, you're also clocking extra hours. You've also got to go into work early before he gets there.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, I was dedicated to the game.
Speaker 2: Guy.
Speaker 5: I actually used to. I used because you can set an alarm on someone's iPhone without a lock, and he at the time he had three kids under three, and I used to set his alarm for two am.
Speaker 2: That is way worse than making his workspace smaller. You're a bud, that's so bad.
Speaker 3: You're listen to him so proud of his work.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The thing I'm more worried about is the fact that Ash now works alongside my husband, probably with him right now, So like now I know, now, I know what's going to happen in.
Speaker 5: Your house like two or three times a week because it's that workspace. I know.
Speaker 2: Well, please don't do any more than your hit.
Speaker 4: That's true.
Speaker 3: That's another topic, right, doting dads, give it a thank you, no worries, Ash, I got your buddy.
Speaker 2: Well, coming up, I want to talk about micro cheating. Now. Did you guys see what happened in the on the Block earlier this week?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I didn't, but I read some gossip. All right.
Speaker 2: Well, look there was a little bit of a cheating scandal. Now I don't know whether you call it cheating or not, because nothing actually happened, but what you might call it is micro cheating. And we're going to talk about how you can figure out whether or not your partner's doing the dirty on you. All right, next on the pickup, guys, I am a blockhead, right, I love the Block. I've watched every episode this season. I didn't think that what you meant by blockhead, there's not much going on up there. I was like, what, No, I'm a blockhead. I love the Block and this week, something huge happened. There was a well, I don't know whether you'd call it cheating, but there was an almost cheating scandal. If you missed it. This happened on The Block earlier this week. I was flirting with Mimy. Kylie overheard them, and D's like, oh, you know, i'd follow your only fans.
Speaker 3: I read about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, if you missed it. Basically, Kylie and Brad are in a relationship together, Mimi has an entirely different partner. She's building another house, and Brad said to Mimy that he would follow her only fans if she had one, and his wife, who he has four children with, overheard it. Now, I don't understand why you would go on a show as big as The Block and then act like that and think that it's not going to come out. Well, I think it kind of happened when they thought it was off Mike, and they thought it was off camera because like the camera angles and stuff made it look like it was really not supposed to be filmed how naive, and Kylie was asleep at the time, but she woke up and overheard it. So it's an absolute just mess of a situation right, But there's been lots of articles coming out and lots of questionings as to weather or not this is actually cheating. You know, obviously it's not the right thing to do. But can you get away with a bit of flirting in your relationship?
Speaker 3: Okay, it's not cheating, it's not cheating cheating. It's pretty close too, No, it's not.
Speaker 1: It comes under a term of that people call micro cheating. Micro cheating is those little things that it deemed inappropriate for whatever you and your relationship deems inappropriate. What are your relationship boundaries that constitute cheating? Because for some people, cheating is only physical, but for other people, cheating is formula an emotional relationship. I don't think this is classified as cheating. It's inappropriate and it's disrespectful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but for me personally, I'd be shattered, especially because they everyone knows each other and it's embarrassing on national television.
Speaker 4: But for me, it's not cheating yet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think if you're in a long term relationship, you and your partner need to have had the discussion about what these things mean to you.
Speaker 1: What chet?
Speaker 3: What is cheating? Can you flirt? Can you some couples, and you know, gay couples do it very well. They're very open in these discussions and a lot a lot of my friends are happy to have a party kiss on a dance floor, And that doesn't mean the relationship's over because it means a lot to one person, but it doesn't to the other. So you have to if you communicate it. You can't get into these issues.
Speaker 2: Oh, I know, but I reckon. There'd be so many people if they heard their partner do this, and also the humiliation of it being on national live TV.
Speaker 4: So that's what I said.
Speaker 1: I said, it's humiliating, disrespectful. But that's not the question. The question is is it cheating or is it micro cheating?
Speaker 3: Like if you were Matt. Laura spoken about what micro cheating would be if Matt was it an event. Matt is a very popular, a well known person in his country. If he's at a red carpet, Mattie j oh my husband, and he is it a red carpet and you see footage of him complimenting, I don't know a model and an actress and he's like, God, you look gorgeous tonight. If I don't know, what would micro cheating for you and Matt look like, is what I'm trying to ask.
Speaker 2: If it's something that he can't say in front of me to another woman and he says to another woman, Oh, yeah, I would love to follow your only fans account, Like, yeah, I would feel like there would be a real level of me. I wouldn't call it cheating, but I absolutely, as you said, Britt would feel so disrespected and I would feel so humiliated, which I'm not sure which is better? Do you know what i mean? Like they're both just as bad as each other in some ways.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But then also is Matt going to the pub with his boys and talking about things like that he wants to do if you are other women? Is that micro cheating? But you've just never heard it Matt never.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I think everyone has a different benchmark, and I do think that sometimes it's important to pay attention to those things that could be deemed micro cheating, things like why won't your partner ever post photos off you on social media? Why won't they like say they're in a relationship on social media? Why are they texting their work colleague all the time, and and you know, confiding in them all your relationship problems.
Speaker 3: Yeah, why is there red panties in their sports band?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean that might be more akin to actually cheating, but I think with micro cheating there are lots of little signs that can sometimes add up to be something that's much bigger and more of a problem. Praying for you, for the people in the block you made, for people, for Matt, Matt as well.
Speaker 3: I'm just praying for Shelley Kraft, poor thing that would have broken her heart.
Speaker 2: She's okay. I think Kylie, the woman who had happened to is a bit more upset, but anyway. Yeah, look that's it from us. Guys. Will and Woodie will be driving your home.
Speaker 3: Yep, they're on next We'll see you all Monday. Have a good weekend, see guys,