Speaker 1: It is Monday, which means it is time for us to do this pick can't down? Yeah, we do it every Monday. I bring hot topics that have happened over the weekend and on this Monday, and then you need to decide, Laura, whether you're picking it up and we keep discussing it or you put it down and we never speak of it again.
Speaker 2: This is pretty much the only way that I stay up to date with what's happening in pop culture.
Speaker 3: And every week I say every name wrong, established.
Speaker 1: Who did you just call the girl Olivia Hedriz No, Laura terrible. The reason we were talking about her is because the Grammys happened today. So are we going to pick up or put down? Kylie Minogue winning a Grammy today? What?
Speaker 3: Ah?
Speaker 2: You could only pick this up? This is her first Grammy since two thousand and four. That I know you've got fat oh, because I love Australian talent. Also, the thing I love about this as well is that I think traditionally, as women get older, they seem to not be as visible within.
Speaker 3: Their careers, and I think it's incredible.
Speaker 2: That now twenty years after her first win back and she is absolutely on fire.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was. Unfortunately the pre broadcast Grammy is that they didn't show it to air. She wanted that the Poor Grammies, which if you didn't realize, they do a Poor Grammys before the real televised Grammies for the awards no one cares about.
Speaker 2: They don't call it the poor Grammys, but basically it's the ones that won't get as much of you as shit.
Speaker 1: Totally, but Kylie was in it. We're happy for her. In two thousand and four, she won a Grammy for Coming Too My World. I'm happy for Kylie good on it. Also, Taylor Swift announced a brand new album today.
Speaker 2: But Taylor Swift announced something every day, like every day that woman is winning. Can it not be Kylie Minogue's day today?
Speaker 1: Do you really want to pick a fight with nowt petrified? The closure binds if you bring up the Taylor Swift fan base.
Speaker 3: No, I'm going to the concert.
Speaker 1: I am a closet. You're a Swifty. You'll have the boot sign of the face, glitter.
Speaker 3: In the wristbands and the leotard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sure you will, cowboy hat. So yeah. She announced a new album and Miley Cyrus won her first Grammy it was a big Grammys day today.
Speaker 3: It was it was Mitch all right, So.
Speaker 1: We're picking up the Grammys. Moving on, pick up or put down nudist beaches?
Speaker 2: Kickup because I don't look I mean, I'm not a nudist. I do like going to the beach, usually wear clothes. But I have nothing against people who want to be nude and go to the beach. I think there's a place and a time for it. And if you opt in to go to a nudist speech, you're opting in and you know what is happening around you.
Speaker 1: This is off the back of that story that everyone's talking about over the weekend, not everyone, just to just me and.
Speaker 3: A huge colony. There was a mudist colony, but it's handled light you. Oh yeah, that massive is a huge colony?
Speaker 1: Is that what they're calling yourself? It's a very average sized colony. Okay. A popular Aussie nudist beach has been vandalized by people protesting their clothing optional rules. There were signs that said down with the nudist beach and they crossed off the optional part. I'm saying you must cover up to swim.
Speaker 2: Who was going to this beach? Like if Why are you so upset by a newdist speech? Surely there's other beaches. It's Australia. The coast is full of them. Go to the one next door. Don't tug your kids to the beach where thing is optional. That's on you as a parent. We got a lot of beach BEA's give a couple to the notice and a lot of beats, A lot of beats, A little bits, a little.
Speaker 3: Bits, okay, moving along? Is there another pickup and put down?
Speaker 1: Here? Finally Demi Levado? God, this is good pickup or put down? Novado performing her hit single heart Attack at an event held by the American Heart Attack Association.
Speaker 3: What good town. Surely this is satire. Surely this was something that was meant to be ironic.
Speaker 1: No, Demi Levado was booked to perform a hit song heart Attack at a heart attack event. This is the real audio. So all these people, men and women that have survived a cardiac event had to sit through that.
Speaker 2: But the lyrics, I think I'd have a heart attack, and they're like, no, I actually had a heart attack and I'm still here to tell the tale.
Speaker 3: That's very tone deaf. That's no, it's awful. Thanks for that.
Speaker 1: It is slim pickings, though, isn't it for heart attack songs? Who else would they get?
Speaker 3: What? What heart attack song comes to mind?
Speaker 1: Mitch, there's a Maroon five song about heart take, isn't there?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: All that's coming to mind is the Katy Perry Fireworks song, which is also an explosion.
Speaker 1: You've come for the Swifties and the heart attack victims? What a show?
Speaker 3: No the survivors here anymore? Okay, all right, I'm sorry everyone on the show. I don't want to be canceled today. Please don't.
Speaker 1: It's out of your control. Okay, next on the show. This is pretty controversial. Jessicavel has sparked intense conversation online, hasn't you, Laura?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, The debate is it's really out there.
Speaker 1: The nation's divided.
Speaker 3: We are divided here at the pickup, that's for sure. We wanted to get your take on it.
Speaker 1: We'll do it next here on the show.