Speaker 1: Okay, there's a new bar that's opening up, and I want to get your take on this. So the rules of engagement are going to be that if you attend this bar, if you go there with your friends, your girlfriends, your boyfriends, whoever it is, men cannot approach women. You can't go up and try and have a chat. You can't go up and try and pick up a woman. It is against the house rules of this bar. There's nothing I hate more than going out with a group of my girlfriends and having a closed conversation and having someone come up and be like hi, ladies, like a way.
Speaker 2: I can tell you I will not be going to that bar, and not only because I have a boyfriend.
Speaker 1: Place to go if you've got a boy so I.
Speaker 2: Think, I mean, yeah, absolutely, I need my ego stroke.
Speaker 1: No, I'm joking.
Speaker 2: This might be controversial, right. I know there are a lot of women that hate men, quote unquote harassing them and speaking.
Speaker 3: To men a bar.
Speaker 2: But I think you can't have your cake and eat it too, I constantly. I mean, we have a relationship in dating podcasts a laur of Life Oncut, so we get these questions from listeners all the time. We constantly get people complaining men approach me. No one asks anyone out in person anymore. Everything's online, like nobody knows how to interact. Then on the other hand, when a guy does ask a girl out or approach them in the pub, we get this like I'm just trying to have a good night back off. I don't think the problem is men approaching women. I think the problem is that maybe what the men does with that information. Like if a man is just going to come up and ask, hey, can I buy you a drink? I'm interested, You say politely no and he leaves, what's the problem with that? If then if he doesn't get that cue and gets pushy and pushy and push you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Britt, I agree with that to some extent though, But I would say that most women have been in a situation where they have gotten some unwonted attention and some guy hasn't taken And this is not to get all ranty, but like someone hasn't taken the polite sorry, I'm not interested. Like, it definitely happens, and it's something that women experience, and that is why these places do exist. But I think if you're choosing to go to a bar like this. It's because you desperately don't want to be in a situation where you're disturbed. You're either in a relationship or you want to just be with your girlfriends. I think there's nothing wrong about the bar existing. I just think the bar itself is going to end up shooting themselves in a foot because it's very limited. I know single people are going to go there. You're also like, the vibes at this bar are going to be dreadful.
Speaker 2: You know what it's going to be. It's gonna watching painter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but if men can only talk to men, it's going to turn into a gay bar. I hate to break it to you, it's a gay bar.
Speaker 1: Absolutely is a gay bar. It's either a lesbian bar or a gay bar where only women can approach each other.
Speaker 3: And then on Sam is called I'm thirteen one, I six ' five. Hi Sam, what's your take on this? You're a man? Yeah, yes, and just I think the idea is a little bit outrageous, to be honest with you, standing there and just looking at a woman and waiting for a woman to come up. I mean, where are the good old days where the man goes up to the woman you know, and chasing a lady. And it's okay.
Speaker 1: I'm really glad those days don't excuse exist anymore. They are chasing a woman, it.
Speaker 2: Doesn't mean chasing them down the street. He has just been here.
Speaker 3: Guys, Hang on, guys, hang on for a second. Here I want to say, man and the man approaching woman. I'm not talking about you know, we're beating it down with a stick. I'm talking about going up politely and saying good evening, how are you? How's you know?
Speaker 2: I'm on your side?
Speaker 3: Sam?
Speaker 2: These two have been ridiculous. Men should be able to approach a woman.
Speaker 3: Okay, Sam, say you're at this bizarre, weird bar. What would you do? You'd sit there and you'd make eyes. How would you get the attention of a lady? Look, it'll be the art of what you just use the eyes, mate, you know, the eyes wink?
Speaker 2: Do you get a little set.
Speaker 3: Look, a bit of a bit of a wink, bit of a wink, the extended, a bit of a smile, you know what I mean? Do you haven't even offer a drink or can't speak?
Speaker 2: No, but you can push the drink to them. You can't talk, Sam, do you have a do you have a pick up line for when you are at a bar that you're allowed to talk to No.
Speaker 3: Look, I think honestly people should go with the flow and depending on what the body language they're receiving from the other end or the person that is looking at them, I think is the most important. And then look, some people do get a wrong Maybe they go up to a person, whether it's some male or female, they go up to them and they say hello, and then they the other person's around says, oh, look I'm not interested. Well sorry, bud, you have a good mind, and that's it, you know, like that's always the other way around. Yeah, I'm having a great night house, you'll know, and then that's where the conversation starts. But to go to a bar sit there, you know, I mean, waiting for a woman to approach. Look, I'll be honest with you. I think this is all like a publicity sort of a thing and somebody's trying to make somebody out of something new they want to bring to the table. But honestly, to be honest with you, I think it's a little bit silly.
Speaker 1: I disagree, Okay, I disagree. The reason for that is is because we're all assuming that the only reason why people go out is because they want to get picked up. What about all the people who go out who just don't want to be hit on, They don't want to be picked up, they don't want to have come, they can't go to any bar. That's so ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Look, hang on, hang on, guys. Look, if you want to go to a place and not get picked up, then there's a number of bars right here.
Speaker 1: You can go here and there.
Speaker 3: It's a good option to have. We shouldn't just shut it down.
Speaker 1: Guys, don't have to go there if you want to pick people up. It's specifically for people who don't want to know.
Speaker 3: We said that.
Speaker 2: We said it's great for that, very limited for the bar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, totally Yeah, terrible for business anyway.