Speaker 1: It's a Christian a CoML show podcast.
Speaker 2: Cunning it out. There is a vibe amongst the team, sawning of that real kind of end of Schulter. It's giddy in here today. It's giddy already. I don't know about you, Jack, I've never seen Patsy so hysterical. Were you skipping down the hallway protest? She's dressed up, like are you getting on a plane at nine am?
Speaker 3: I'm a bit dressed down today.
Speaker 2: Not you're dressed up. You're in that kind of holiday outfit. The hair and makeups are done like she's ready to go straight on a jaunt to the Caribbean, or today you wish I was. And Patsy also, we should just point out Patsy had three Margarita's yesterda evening in half an hour. Yep, yep, not even And do you see the photo that she said, Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, it wasn't the fish bowl. It's the portrait on the iPhone makes it look enormous.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, doctor, Yeah, I don't know how many units are in there, how many bottles a week I get through. It's easy to do it that way rather than unit's trick photography. Yeah, sure, yes, sure objects in the camera is appear bigger than the arpacy. Those were huge margarite understanding, Yes they were. You fought in that you could do lapsandd standing. That's not standard. That's keep pouring, that's not That is not industrial measures.
Speaker 4: Something that has a reinforced base.
Speaker 2: Is not yet. It was all like a chalice. You need both arms to lift it up that frozen ice in.
Speaker 4: There group in a baseball bat, that's bottom.
Speaker 2: What's the whole thing like? You got in there at six o'clock? You look, was it a local Mexican.
Speaker 3: Or yeah, we've got a great local Mexican six o'clock out by six forty Not quite a recid.
Speaker 2: It's actually given me indigestion. As soon as you're getting in, what you're doing, ordering the pudding, you're walking to the table chat.
Speaker 3: It is so just we know exactly what we want. We have the same thing every time we like, and we.
Speaker 2: Like what we want.
Speaker 3: That's no more.
Speaker 2: Than other foreign you.
Speaker 4: That's it, and the manager comes over excive us the corn chips and the margaarine?
Speaker 2: Is that green monkey you call crockamoni? Just smear the avocado. Maybe in Mexico this is vibe and not even wear it. Be my friend, you're a long way from home.
Speaker 3: Mister manager comes over and he kind of rolls synager.
Speaker 2: He Sendior Manager three more reaches. It's a lovely local place. We called him mister Manager.
Speaker 3: It's a funny little man a lot of the time.
Speaker 2: But there those your crockles are in. Oh god, they're in. They're out in thirty nine minutes. A guys run the car. We're on the clock. We're on the clock, trashing business on the radio and destroyers. Come on, guys, double guys, you're back home in Mexico. We don't get this one right. They're in here every Wednesday night, calls in mister manager. Funny look at my eyes.
Speaker 1: From the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Thursday morning. I was actually about to say Friday morning then, because it does feel like a Friday this morning, Christian, I'd love to send you my bucket list, but it cannot be spoken about on radio. What the hell do you want to do? Would you like to read it anyway?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 2: One hundred. What does it mean it can't be spoken about the radio. I'm scared now. I'll be on tens all morning so I get your email. Okay, So on a Friday, what we normally do is double thumbs up when we talk about the things we're into at the moment, big long weekend ahead of us. And I was supposed to be finding Queensland tomorrow, but obviously we all know what's happening in Queensland right now. And so tomorrow morning at four am, setting off to Adelaide four am. Yeah, why why? So it's an eight hour drive so we can get there for like, you know, one or two o'clock.
Speaker 4: But wait, I've got two weeks off. Why do you need to be in Adelaide by midday tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Because we want to be there for I want to be there for lunchtime. Okay, So no tell the kids sleep in the carm packing all up tonight four am we're leaving.
Speaker 4: What is it about dads who get into this mode have to make good time.
Speaker 2: I'm actually excited about the challenge of it. Four am. I think you might just do the show from the car on bluetooth. You know, it's from six to nine. It just a killer bit of time. I've never driven to Adelaide, right, not doing it? Is it just one long road? I think so have you don't get it wrong, Go do the drive.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, be careful through stall because the road's a little bit windy, but the road's pretty good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we will be pitch black.
Speaker 2: When he goes through this out. I'm looking at it now, going this will be hour two, hour two of it.
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Double thumbs up, Patsy, What are you into at the moment?
Speaker 1: Mate?
Speaker 2: Look?
Speaker 3: I really want to recommend this week Tomorrow's Good Friday appeal for the Royal Children's Hospital. And I know people are doing it really tough after the pandemic, but any amount of cash and you know what, the tin rattlers are going to be back out this year. They weren't last year and I think they got just over eighteen million, which was remarkable last year. But they're going to be back out even if it's twenty cents a dollar. Anything you can spare, keep an eye out for them. They do amazing work. We've had Audrey in there at one time when she broke a leg, so we've known first hand, unfortunately but also gratefully, the amazing work that the staff there do, from the cleaners right up to the specialist.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 3: We are so lucky to have that in our backyard. So give you if you can. Patsy and the other thing is and you get a boohoo.
Speaker 6: Me.
Speaker 3: I've found something else that came up my latest discovery. They have a great pet section. I don't know if you've checked it out.
Speaker 2: I got some of our pet stuff from that. Yeah, what's awful looking things? The cat scratches, Oh yeah, better difficult. The dogs have got next to nothing right. They're just happy to be hanging around you. You need your pillar straighten the course to kill you. One day with psychobut I slash on it with these one day.
Speaker 4: Well my name has got one that's like a home gym.
Speaker 2: Was literally like three layers. It is the scotty camera put it for the plot.
Speaker 3: Well, anyway, I've found doggie gum boots.
Speaker 4: No I have.
Speaker 2: In a rock star. It's fine. You put up with this kind of behavior. Don't like Elton Johnny of course gets you on stage. What do you need them for?
Speaker 3: Oh no, look he wasn't that thrilled. I have to say you can get.
Speaker 2: Not being funny. The size of Patsy dog, it's a donkey door, it's huge. He can actually wear actual farmer's gun boots. It's probably like a size thirteen. His feet Michael Jordan's foot size.
Speaker 3: His feet are like dinner plates, but they have like Jordan, they have different sizes. He wasn't real thrilled, but I think he's But you know what they're really good for When we go down to the doggy park and there's a river along Wherrybee River and at the moment it's really muddy.
Speaker 2: Mind your river? Is what he doing traversing it?
Speaker 3: He loves to jump in there and when he gets back in the car.
Speaker 2: I think that is emasculating for a dog. You know the other day, what's that you've got athletes foot there's always that kid when you need to have swim lesson school on the athlete's footsock. Was your mum making you wear it? Poor Presley's got the name of a legend, you know, Elvis Presley. He's got little booties on it.
Speaker 4: He's going into the river.
Speaker 2: What a numbers really going to do? All the water's going to.
Speaker 3: Get in them, He's just going to get No, you put them on after. When he gets out. You put them on after so you don't get all those muddy.
Speaker 2: Wos they're all right with water. Okay, they're fine with it when they're drinking from that body goes all over them as well. How much were the gumbers?
Speaker 3: Seven bugs?
Speaker 2: Is there anything above ten ten dollars?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: So perhaps he's just told us about booties for your dogs. That camart we're doing double thumbs up. This is where we go around the team, tell the things we're into at the moment. If there's anything you are doesn't like those tes feed dogs. It came up for seven months. Had to Instagram or on Facebook page you'll find us. They're The Christian O'Connell Show, Jack Post. What is it for you?
Speaker 4: I've been to the cinema twice this week seeing two polar opposite films. There's no better way to explain The Father and Nobody.
Speaker 2: Wow, which one we're going to do it about first? So the Father is I saw The Trainer. It just crushed me. That Hopkins and Olivia Coleman.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's an amazing film. It's got so many Oscar nominations. Anthony Hopkins is eighty three and still and he does amazing work. This is about a guy who gets dementia. Anthony Hopkins and his daughter played by Olivia Coleman. She's fantastic as well, and they do it really cleverly. When he starts to forget who she is, they change their actress who plays her, So you're kind of seeing it from his point of view and his confusion. You're confused as well because you're like, well, we saw that other actor and we saw her say this.
Speaker 2: The heartbreaking condition dementia. Yeah, friends is going through it with her dad at the moment is just they're not there anymore. They are, they're there, but they're not there.
Speaker 4: It will give you a greater appreciation of families who have to live with that because it affects everybody and there's no winners in It affects the children, affects him obviously, the age care workers who work.
Speaker 2: With him are all affecting.
Speaker 4: And then on the opposite side of that, nobody is this film starring Bob Odca.
Speaker 2: I cannot wait to see this. It's the same direction as John Wick, isn't it.
Speaker 4: It's like, you won't believe this, but it's John Rick Wick, but more ridiculous, brilliant. Yes, it's actually.
Speaker 2: I thought that couldn't get any more to do this. And I saw all three of the John Wick movies. I've seen them so many times. I love those movies. You are going to love this film. I actually want to go. Actually already book tickets. That's Wednesday is my birthday. I'll put tickets that go by myself at five o'clock to see it. Yeah. I cannot wait to see it. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, don't see it with your family. They won't appreciate it. I don't think the way that you will. Bob O and Kirk plays our soul goodman in Better Call Soul and Breaking Bad and he is this like, uh, you know, run of the meal dad living in suburbia, and then all of a sudden he gets this job lifestyle where he's got guns.
Speaker 2: And in john Wick, right, they made three movies, which and the action scenes aren't some of the best you've ever seen. Right, they're really well done, but essentially it's a story about a guy whose dog is killed by the mafia and he then destroys the mafia. That's three movies, okay, right, and they and the great thing is they didn't bother. When can we really just make this about a guy whose dogs killed? I still think It's one of the most realistic movies ever. If someone killed my dog, then I would go on some kind of sprint out and take on the maf okay the revenge in this without giving nothing about the john Wick movies. So whatever I go, this is unrealistic, that could happen. I could easily be john Wick.
Speaker 4: The reason for revenge in this is even smaller dog dies in john Wick. In this, they get the house gets robbed and the daughter's kiddy cat bracelet gets stolen.
Speaker 2: Again World they're staying in the pet and she's like, where where's it?
Speaker 4: They thought they just told cash And she's like, where's the kiddy cat?
Speaker 2: The cat isn't killed, No.
Speaker 4: It's a it's a bracelet with a cat.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 4: He makes a change, So he turns, daughter goes where's by kiddy cap bracelet? And then it zooms up on him and you can tell he's changed his mine and.
Speaker 2: He's going to someone's head. The body count is insane.
Speaker 4: It is a ridiculous movie, but I love that nobody.
Speaker 6: Christian Hello, Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Rather than what we normally to and playing music which is on a hard drive like all radio stations or whatever the world. We're going to old school again. We're going to do this now. We're never about to have a break on the last show. We'll do the vinyl countdown. Christian, let's get out roothing.
Speaker 1: On Christian, drop the needle.
Speaker 2: It's time for the vinyl countdown, all right. So first song we're gonna play, I'm gonna let you pick it.
Speaker 7: I have brought in.
Speaker 2: A bit of vinyl from home today, and I got two very different songs if you had to pick from right now to kick it off in five minutes time, And this will entirely depend on what mood you're in right now. They are wildly, wildly different. First of all. Then I've bought in on a some of you might remember on vinyl, Patsy Do you remember this one? You could get limited edition picture disc. Yeah, yeah, I've got Purple Rain, the Amazing Prince album. I brought that in from that. I thought maybe with everyone getting excited about the long weekend, you want to hear but the Prince on vinyl. So if you want this and this is how you feel right now on vinyl, so we hear the Lovely Worn Cracker before all kicks in. But some of you might be filling in a different kind of mood right now? Is anyone in this kind of mood? Where? In two thousand and two, Johnny Cash, the legendary country and Western singer Johnny Cash, did a couple of albums with Rick Rubin and they were very, very stripped backed cover versions of some amazing classic songs, even Depeche Modes, Personal Jesus, some of the garfun call Bridge over Troubled Water. And then he also did the nine inch NOL song Hurt, and it is one of the greatest cover versions. An already amazing song has an entiny different kind of tone and feel to it with Johnny Cash's kind of aging, crackling voice. Do you want this this morning? Up? Against? Let's go crazy? Johnny Cash? Hurt? But on vinyl?
Speaker 8: I heard myself to the d to see it first? Still feel.
Speaker 2: Jack? Which way would you go? Now?
Speaker 4: I know it's not a banger and an upsong for but it's a deep song.
Speaker 2: I'd love putting that, I feel. I would. It's like it's still dark now, the world doesn't quite work up, So I would go Johnny Cash, Patsy Wisch, where would you go?
Speaker 8: I love?
Speaker 3: Johnny Cash.
Speaker 2: So we're going three Johnny Cash, I think we're playing Hurt. Wow, Okay, give us a call now. Then what do you want to hear? Is Prince Let's Go Crazy? Or is Johnny Cash Hurt?
Speaker 6: Christian Christian O'Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 2: So it's our last show before Easter break, and we're going to do this every time before you we have a break, We're going to play Vinyl back to the days of vinyl. It sounds great on the radio. It's probably not the best way listening to music now in terms of the overall sound quality of it. But there's something about the crack or the needle dropping on it. It just I don't know, it just brings it more alive. So this morning, to kicking off, we're letting you pick the first song. Two really really different songs, both and brilliant in their own ways. Prince Let's Go Crazy from the late eighties. They might want to hear this Lodinghead on a long weekend, very different but still amazing, one of the great Johnny Cash his cover version of Hurt. Do you figure out this? This morning?
Speaker 8: I heard myself to d to see it first? Still feel all right?
Speaker 2: Let's go into lines up first CAF, Which were you going, Prince or Johnny Cash? Well, the moment you said Johnny Cash and hurt my sine tingles.
Speaker 9: It has to be that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's an amazing song. He had to hear it on Final This Mornings. Well, Kath, thank you very much. Enjoy your Easter.
Speaker 1: Weekend you guys.
Speaker 2: Uh sunny and good morning, good knowing.
Speaker 10: How are you, Christian, Patsy Jack.
Speaker 2: We're all great and sunny and which way you go?
Speaker 10: Oh, it's got to be Prince saw in live in concert and just need to hear it again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, amazing live. You're very lucky you've seeing him live. Sally Anne, have a great weekend, Thanks you, thank you too. Bye. Brett, good morning morning guys.
Speaker 11: Christian. Gotta be Johnny Cash.
Speaker 2: Yeah, great song, isn't it? Brett?
Speaker 10: It's awesome.
Speaker 11: Give you gum.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, Brett might be going Johnny Cash work at the moment. Michael, good morning.
Speaker 11: Good morning, Christian. It has to be Johnny Cash, mate, he's absolutely legend of love to hear his voice crackle.
Speaker 2: On vinyl lovely Okay, well said Michael, have a nice Easter and Reese, good morning, Good.
Speaker 10: Morning, Christian, how's it going?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Good? What do you want to hear?
Speaker 6: Definitely?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Johnny Cash.
Speaker 10: It's an incredible song and it's very relatable. Seriously, yeah, definitely Johnny Cash.
Speaker 2: Awesome. Well, it's going to be the song, so I hope you enjoy it. Reese, you look after yourself.
Speaker 11: Have a nice Easter weekend, Ruper, Thank you very much, Christian, Patsy and Jack you take care of yours to break.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much.
Speaker 10: Christian.
Speaker 6: Hello, Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Hi, Easter Long weekend. It's almost here. Amazing weather of the next couple of days. What time are you knocking off today? We normally do this on a Friday to kickstart your weekend. The weekend begins today, the long weekend. What time are you knocking off today? And what is your Easter highlight? Patsy, what are you up to? What time are knocking off to day? Where are you off to this weekend?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 3: I can't be forgetting offset an alarm of my clock because school finishes an hour early this afternoon, so I can't forget to pick her up at two.
Speaker 2: Those teachers are just desperate to get Really, why they've any gone back this year, so ask her. We're going to finish at eight today? It one more hour?
Speaker 4: Do they do that?
Speaker 2: What is the we want to get on it? I want to do off?
Speaker 3: Yes, and then I've got to go to my fishmonger because i want to get stop what it's called a fishmonger?
Speaker 2: Yes, but you know I've heard that phrasing like, yes, it's normally in some sort of period.
Speaker 3: I want to get about three or four kilos of prawns. I'll be think of me. I'll be peeling those this afternoon. We've got people over tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Oh beautiful though, so you're having a barbie.
Speaker 3: No, We're just going to do a lovely seafood spread with salads and it's going to be a beautiful day.
Speaker 2: Enjoy even got time, Jackie boy, what are you up to? It's long weekend.
Speaker 4: I'm my way to the Mornington Peninsula this weekend, down to a place called Merrick's. A friend of mine lives down there. He's got a little sailboat, so I might be out on the water this weekend.
Speaker 2: Oh gorgeous. Well, tomorrow morning at four am I'll be beginning my trek with two really grumpy teenagers and a grumpy wife. I'm insistent we leave at four so we can Adelaide by about two o'clock in the afternoon.
Speaker 4: Now do they know yet that you want to leave so early.
Speaker 2: We've discussed it and negotiated it yesterday. Yeah, we broken a deal, but we are leaving Bagan.
Speaker 4: A deal means you started in the negotiations. What at two am?
Speaker 2: One a yes, yeah, two am sorry, four am is what I genuinely am setting off tomorrow because I've not done the drive to Adelaide before, so I'm trying to send it to the kids like like a movie, just a fun road trip, you know, with songs and games in Red Car girls. Red card is not a red car cannot wait. And then yes, so we're off to We were going to be going to Queensland, but we're now we're doing a road trip around at Adelaide, which we've never really explored before. So doing Borossco for two days. Then we're on to are Think you two ever been to Glen Elgy. No, but it's beautiful, lovely, yes, about fifteen twenty minutes from Adelaide, and then we are on the way back, going to see the cold Walt Blue Lakes. Of Mount Gambia if anyone. By the way, I haven't yet booked anywhere in Mount Gambia. I just realized that does Can anyone recommend where to stay in Mount Gambia? And then I can't believe my life? Seven eight hour drive back on my birthday? Yes, thanks bam, thank you very much. Don't worry about my special day. That's how I envisioned when I turned for Say, hope, I'm on an eight hour long trip with really grumpy kids that just want to be I don't get I'm as our friends now for five days? Enough cold, won't blue legs? All right? What is your arm serviously be doing anywhere? Mountain Gambias.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's get into a knockoff Friday.
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Easter is almost here, guys. We have have we got left? We've got six left of these amazing the Sassafras Sweet Company, these beautiful Easter chocolate hampers. You can have them this morning. Michael, Good morning, good morning.
Speaker 1: Here are you going?
Speaker 2: I'm good Michael? And what tell me you knocking off today? Mate?
Speaker 6: That's a revel I've got a recommendation for you where you stay in Ment Gambia.
Speaker 2: Oh please, Yes, the hotel or the motel is called the Barn. The Barn. I saw that, Yes, I think they have. They were very proudly talking about a award winning state restaurant. I saw the photo of.
Speaker 1: The gallery has been in South Australia.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the barn yep right, brilliant.
Speaker 11: Ten k south of Mount Gambia.
Speaker 7: They have family.
Speaker 6: Rooms where you've got you've got your your main bedroom and the second bedroom for the.
Speaker 2: Girls when they were younger. Not now, that's what you need.
Speaker 1: It is shout out to the barn.
Speaker 2: But put me my own separate room if you've got an out house or even with you guys upstairs. But by the end of six days, with the money, my own space. I see you in the car. If you get a chance to go there and they've got space to go there and stay there, do you know what I will I try and put that in a minute. Thank you very much that Michael. What are you up to this weekend?
Speaker 5: Mate?
Speaker 6: Uh? Work at home in the garden.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I hope you enjoy it. Got beautiful weather for it will be gorgeous all right, Michael, Thank you very much. That's the show. What's kind of helpen would you like? Would you want the Bilbies? They're taking off all the other options. Bunny, they're hunting eggs and vegan vegan vegan. Sorry, no, which one would you like? Bilby's trim as a Bilby goune Michael, No, my Bilby guys. Have a nice Easter weekend.
Speaker 1: Joy the gardening you guys.
Speaker 2: Bye bye now, Rebecca. Hi, we're going and taking out ten eight and two year old camping. Oh god, this would be great fun. Ten eight and did you say two? Yes? Where are you off to?
Speaker 10: We're going? It's about half an hour north of van Selling, Glenna Ladale.
Speaker 2: Oh well, bet that'd beautiful and the weather's going to be great as well.
Speaker 10: Going to be perfect for camping, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And have you been before with the kids?
Speaker 10: Yes, we could go most holidays.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And are you in one of those giants sort of mega tents where they you were all together and you got the old lou in the middle.
Speaker 11: Definitely, no toilet, but we are in a big camp of trailer together.
Speaker 4: Well, what's what's the tent with the toilet in the middle.
Speaker 2: It's got that. When we took the kids camp and it's got like a porter. Toilet's basically like a drum. You're sitting on a toilet in the middle of the night in the tent in the Yeah, so you sat there and the kids are stirring, and then look around they see the old man sat there the other way. Kids, it's still a bit want to come out.
Speaker 4: I'll never go care for you.
Speaker 2: Maybe too much detail, Rebecca, but it hasn't roomined your weekend and put you off your face, all right, have a lowly Easter weekend, enjoy the camping. Oh with the kids. Want some chocolate hamper from our friends at the Sassafras Sweet Company.
Speaker 10: I'm sure certainly wouldn't say.
Speaker 2: No, but okay with someone out to you. Have a nice Easter. Thank you, Jess, Rebecca. We got Ruth Thick come on and Ruth Hi. Christian.
Speaker 3: I'm heading four hours down the coast to Skain's Craig.
Speaker 10: I'm finishing at three.
Speaker 2: Oh, brilliant, awesome, awesome. I hope you have a great weekend.
Speaker 5: Would like a chopping camper, It'll be great.
Speaker 10: I'll pick up my case and on your apartment on the way.
Speaker 2: You're moving this weekend.
Speaker 7: No weekend after com to the new park.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no one does it over an Easter weekend? Smart? Why leave it empty but paying for it for a week? So I thing I do get around, you know. Let me move the jumpers in today and come back.
Speaker 5: To the rest of the weekend.
Speaker 2: Always win, Yes, absolutely, yeah, enjoy Ruth, have a lovely stuff.
Speaker 9: Christian.
Speaker 6: Hello, Christian O'Connell show podcast All.
Speaker 2: Right Knock on Friday, Steve, good morning.
Speaker 11: Good morning gang, Christian. I will see your six days on a road trip with teenagers and raise you five days with a painting floors and a factory.
Speaker 2: Do you know what, suddenly some of my road trips looking great? Is that what you're going to be doing?
Speaker 1: Mate?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 11: I've got a small factory in danny On and I tried to paint it last year. It's been meeting it for a number of years, and unfortunately I popped out my A c L just before Easter last year and I heard it hit them, so I had to wait for an operation. So it's this time for sure. So I'm just going to be going over old made at Kennard's and picking up the stuff to scrape the floors with, and then I'm spending all of tomorrow painting and give it one day.
Speaker 2: My heart goes out to you. Know it's beautyfull look at it today. It's a stunning day today, beautiful weather. And also you're obviously just getting over that your hip and your knee painting is backbreaking hard. Well, you're going to be okay, iron man.
Speaker 11: I know I'm seriously not. But I've got lots of alcohol at home, and I've got a spa and you.
Speaker 2: Together, you got an alcohol spa, a margarita spa. I did wait, I just invented something amazing. You drink the spa.
Speaker 4: Don't drink whatever liquid mind, Steve, I don't know a floors the floor, just let it be.
Speaker 2: Why does it have to be brown? That's why you don't run a shop.
Speaker 11: It's a small factory floor. But it's it's older and it's worn it and it needs to be redone and it's just a make floor is a claimed order to say for and everyone.
Speaker 2: I love that and nat is to clean forward, to save floor. Steve, give you business a plug? Mate? What is it? Oh?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 11: A world famous Steve's Carl arms.
Speaker 2: I can't you know what. I can't believe we're chatting to Steve here from Steve's Car Alarms. I hear you've got a good, clean, safe floor there in the factory as well. That's why I buy all my Carl alarms from Steve's Carl Alarms. When the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show thinks Carl Arms, we think Steve's Car Alarms of danding on. Where do they find you, Steve on the world Wide Web?
Speaker 11: Thank you find me at Steve'scarl Arms dot com dot are you?
Speaker 2: That's great? I couldn't beieve that domain was free, Steve. I wish you all the best. We have to send you one of our eater hampers as well as you can have some chocolates along with the painting. And there the boos and the spar as well. What a weekend rock and roll living the dream baby, Good luck, Steve, good on.
Speaker 11: Your guys have a really great Christmas.
Speaker 2: Easter as a festival whatever it is.
Speaker 1: Do you know Connall's show podcast all right?
Speaker 2: Bucket lists? So we've kind of fallen into this a couple of weeks ago when Michelle sent us an email about her husband, Wildman Dave Sherwood, accountant HEO, on his fortieth birthday, which was last Friday. He wants to live like a rock star. I throw a TV through a window. We managed to actually make this happen thanks to you guys providing the TVs the house to throw the window through the window itself, and it's great. He was dressed as Axel Rose and his wife was a very reluctant slash And now loads you've been saying about what's on your bucket list? My bucket list, really it has already been tits off this morning. I've always wanted to beat to Steve from Steve's carlas of Dana, and it just happened. It's an amazing moment for me. So we've been asking you what is on your bucket list that we could try and make happen. So if you have got something, email me Christian at christiano'connell dot com dot au. Devina did that last week and she said she just her one was she wanted to drive a tank over a car. Two days ago we ask you do you have a tank? Turns out a lot of you know a lot about tanks. Who knew there you should be?
Speaker 11: A guy out in Mary Warren by the name of John Byfield he ran a place called Melbourne Tank Musicum, I saw a guy driving.
Speaker 8: A tank and a thing called steam fits down in Scores. I've actually ex army and driven tanks myself, who's one of the better parts of my military experience.
Speaker 1: And I know where you could go and drive on. There's a place in gifts Land called gif Plant Tank Adventures.
Speaker 9: It's got a lot of power and it's a big beast.
Speaker 1: She'll never forget it.
Speaker 2: All right, we have a tank. We massive tracked down a guy that a lot of you kept talking about. Cameron Cameron tanks. Have you got one?
Speaker 9: Hi Christians. Cameron stan here from South Givesland Tank Advnches. I've been inundated today.
Speaker 8: People believe you're.
Speaker 9: Looking for some under squash a car of a tank.
Speaker 2: So you would think this guy is a funeral director, would you? Turns out it's heavy on the heart. Been around those tanks, you know, when you know what they've done against the destruction they've done, it's heavy on the heart anyway, Cameron while Mansie Hi Christians.
Speaker 9: Cameron stan Here from South Kisland Tank Adventures. I've been in the data today. People believe you're looking for someoneund the squash a car of a tank, So give us a call and we'll make it happen.
Speaker 2: Awesome. Thank you for.
Speaker 4: Just another day inquiry.
Speaker 2: I want to tank tank on the line now, Javina. Good morning, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 10: How are you.
Speaker 2: I'm great? Listen. Thank you so much for email last week. Have you been hearing it this week?
Speaker 10: I have. I actually listened to the podcast because I was out in the country and I don't get reception and iHeart radio doesn't work to very too very well in the country either, so I've been listening to the podcasts. So yeah, I've been been listening. It's very funny. I've been in stitches.
Speaker 2: Well, the great news is camera's got your tank.
Speaker 10: Oh that's so cool.
Speaker 2: Now, when you had this in mind, do you have, like anybody about the size of the cars, A little kind of little hashbag or something, a saloon car, a bit bigger?
Speaker 10: Ah, just a big cat five, big tank.
Speaker 2: Over, big big cut, big tank over.
Speaker 10: No, that would be fun fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, So look, hey, look, because your bucket list, we're trying to make whatever happened, are we talking? Are we going to go for suv now or do you want to go for a saloon.
Speaker 10: I'll be happy with it.
Speaker 2: Either, that's so good. When it comes to car crushing with the tank, keep rochings opens, what guys, don't be too fussy, keen for safe or we're learning so much today Steve's Carl arms, he's still out there. All right, we'll not tell you what then, well, we'll see what we can do. We're on we're about to head into a bit of a break. But when we come back, we want to get you in that tank crushing a car divin. Okay, we're going to make this happen.
Speaker 10: Oh, that would be really cool. That would be That would be certainly an experience, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: Is this something that you've had in your head for a while, this bucket, this item of getting the tank?
Speaker 10: Yeah, you know, since I was I think i've read about either seven so i've been nineteen seventy seven. Like I listened to you when I when you read my letter out And I'm sure you guys didn't believe me that mister Cora used to bring the tank lime.
Speaker 2: Yes, of course I forgot. Mister Cora got the neighbor who used to bring a tank home and all the kids would go for riders tank. Is that true?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 10: So this is about nine and seventy seven different times, SIY six seventy seven. And the town I lived in, New Zealand, it was it was down the road from the military base, so we had a lot of military families live in this town. So of course we'd be outside playing and then all of a sudden mister Cora would come around the corner and hear.
Speaker 2: Him of what you see him is going cross Countrywora. Hard to see in those tanks, you know, a part of that thing outside your house double park.
Speaker 6: Well you're going.
Speaker 2: To make mister Cora, and you sound very very happy in a couple of weeks. So okay, we're definitely going to do this.
Speaker 10: Oh that would be awesome, thank you.
Speaker 2: That's all right, Devin's fantastic. All right, we'll make this happen, Divina, we'll speach you soon.
Speaker 10: Awesome, thanks very much. Christian check pets than by.
Speaker 2: All right, So does anyone want to get rid of an suv or a saloon? We've got five hundred dollars on a budget this to buy off you no time. Wie's it go?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: All right, School running school Running. Every Thursday morning we cross live to the chaos of the school run. We do a game show. You guy playing you guys in your cars, team countains with us, Mom, Dad, any of the kids, brother sisters in the backseat. You play as a family. You players a unit taking another family somewhere else in Welban, also stuck on the joy of the school run, winning family stays on. Catch up with them again this morning, second week for our friends, the Reichart family. Good morning, raining champs. So we got Mum, Wendy, Good morning, Wendy, Good morning. Have we still got Amber Amber? Do you still love unicorns?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Great? Have we still got Ella? Yeah? Do you still love Queen and Taylor Swift? Yeah? Right, everything's still good. Now. One thing that has changed, take me through this. The captaincy has been relinquished by Ella. She's given up the captaincy to Mum.
Speaker 8: What's happened, guys, Oh, ALA's not quite sure.
Speaker 10: We'll just take it. We'll just go with me and hope we get a second.
Speaker 2: With Okay, all right, good luck the Raikrt family. I believe you've got a little dog in there as one of you.
Speaker 10: We have, We've got our puppy, Luna.
Speaker 2: Oh lovely name, same name as Chuckie boys. How old is the pup?
Speaker 8: I five months old?
Speaker 2: Five months older? All right? Good luck? The right cart family? Yay? Taking you on? Who's this in the blue corner? Well it's the Herbert family. Good morning, the Herberts. Herberts, allow Herberts. Okay, who's going to be the team captain for the Herbert family?
Speaker 10: Jemma?
Speaker 2: But Gemma, Gemma are you Jemma? No, you're Jemma talking. This is Jemmer talking. Yes, okay, And Jemmy, you're a massive Blues fan, Carton fan. You play for Oh yeah, I know, tough, tough startless season, lots of injuries. Why did I bring it up? Why did I bring up? Enough misery on the school run? And you play footy as well? Do you play for a local team or the school? Oh? Awesome? Right? And how's your season going so far? Are you're winning? Doing better than the Blues? You're bringing that Blues magic to the game? All right, Jemma, why didn't you introduce the rest of your team? So? Who else is in the car with you?
Speaker 6: Jem So has my brother Blake?
Speaker 2: Morning? Blake, Blake loves basketball. We found out? Is that true, Blake good Man? Okay, he's happy to be there, isn't he just wonet listen to Sam Pang? True on guys, else have we got there? Captain Gemma? Oh, Zoe, you also love basketball. The family that loves basketball stays together. And who else is there? There's another little boy in the back somewhere shoved in a little seat? Is that? Oh?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: Is that Jake? Jake? Is it true? You're the devil of the family? Is it true? You love love riding motorbikes? Only six? You've got a motorbike? Yeah, well you got Harley Davidson something press. The girls drive around, cruising around the neighborhood.
Speaker 1: I like it, Jake.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Sam Pang wouldn't give you a bang like that. And by the way, he's driving the car. Is it Jake? Who's driving the car? Captain Gemma?
Speaker 5: Mom?
Speaker 2: Okay, good morning, Mom, Vanessa? Forget about me. I'm all right. How are you all the kids in the car? That's a lot every morning, isn't it. How are you? How you born up? This? Are you ready for these school holidays? Ready to go? Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, all right, guys, good luck, lovely to meet. You're right, we're playing next.
Speaker 1: Hello, Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: All right, let's play school Running.
Speaker 7: School Running in the morning.
Speaker 2: Two families, the whole family taking on another family also on the school run, the defending champs. Stay on week two for our friends, the Yekrt family, they go first. Are you ready to play the rye Krt Family? Yeah, all right, let's do it. Christ Masters always jack post, what do you many want?
Speaker 1: Jack?
Speaker 4: What animal is on the one dollar Australian coin?
Speaker 2: Five seconds to give us your answer? You can talk amongst your.
Speaker 11: House hanger road?
Speaker 2: Correct? Well done? One out of one, Jackie Boy. Second question, what.
Speaker 4: Is the name of the suburb in the Aussie TV show Neighbors eron Mark? Correct?
Speaker 2: Well done. This is why they're the raining chaps. Two out of two. Is it enough today? Take you to the timebreak or will it win? That's the Herbert family are taking on Herbert family. Ready, ye, come on? Then then there's five hundreds the old lady in the shoe, that ninety kids in that cart.
Speaker 4: Driving a screw gus.
Speaker 2: All right, chat. The first question for our new friends to Herbert family.
Speaker 4: What is the name of the snowman in frozen.
Speaker 2: No mess in there is correct. Well done, well done, strong start from the Herberts. Chat the second question, please for the Herbies.
Speaker 4: If you get this right, we have to go to the sudden death question. Herbert family. A Richter scale measures what.
Speaker 2: Tough on at the end. Hey, even my kids, I'm yelling at them. So I went to dad, to dad. There I hear.
Speaker 4: Hey, we'll turn this car around right now.
Speaker 2: Don't tell me, don't damn, I'm doing it right now. Earthquakes is correct. All right, Well I'm getting a dache. All right, we get we get the right family back. The type rat situations means this your buzzes. It's the first team to buzz in. Your buzzes are your car horns. So ry cart family, the car horn sounds like, well it's about it sounds like someone wheezing. Once more, once more, please yep, that do Herbert family the car horn. This is once a the team and looking at me annoyed because it's my idea that the typewight they're always on car horns. Okay, first team to buzz in on those easy to separate car horns. Alright, chat, The question is, let's hear it, tiewreate question, good luck teams, pass his finger on the car horn.
Speaker 4: Get ready on your buzzers. Freddie Mercury was the late singer of which band did someone?
Speaker 2: There was a belly audible car horn at the start of that.
Speaker 4: Alright, let's let's give it to the challenges. Wait, how do you discern?
Speaker 2: You just pick? I'll tell you what I know what we're gonna do. I know what we're going to do. Tell you what we do. We're gonna tell you what we do, all right, because it's too hard to tell. Yeh. Let's get them back for the rematch when we come back. Okay, Yeah, all right, guys, you're gonna do it again when we get back. Okay, the Right Part family will take on the Herbert Family Part two. Okay, have a great Easter, guys.
Speaker 11: Christian Christian i'connell.
Speaker 1: The Christian o'connalds Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Rom said Jackie boy a great wife. All right, time waster heading into Easter chocolate movie, Mummy do you like Do you like dark chocolate?
Speaker 3: No, I'm not a fan.
Speaker 2: I like Yeah, you look out for that little seventy percent side, don't you help? Have you gone seventy percent. Dark Night Rises week start Bronze, Thank you, big truffle in Little China, Oh chocolate truffle, Nanny Silver, Freddy got butterfingered, Oh butterfinger lovely chocolates, love those. I'm just written down here. I was hoping that i'd find a movie. A movie. I'm just written down in violet crumble. I'm busy with the vinyl they Oh the love the Ken Reeves movie, the May Twix free Willy Wonka, Silver twigs sense, I see.
Speaker 4: Twig silver.
Speaker 2: Don't even know this one that's said with the TwixT sense Jack, what have you got? No, still don't understand that one. Sorry, chat, What have you got? Chocolate movies?
Speaker 4: Honey, I shrunk the milky bark here?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yes, good silver flakes.
Speaker 4: On a plane.
Speaker 2: Flakes on a plane, lovely chocolate the flakes, Yes, silver.
Speaker 4: Fred O versus Jason, Oh that's good. Gold and dude, where's my car? Romelo?
Speaker 2: You are every day? If you've got an I'm agatting on there as well. I'm getting chocolates.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: So now to mark the outwork time waste. Christian O'Connor's showing for Kang and Institute. Oh for grabs, Jack, We've got a couple of these, actually one hundred dollar vouchers. If you're enjoying the vinyl today and you're actually getting some, go to Vinyl dot com dot au. We got five one hundred dollar vouchers to give away five winners today. Yeah, so listen. Anytime you like one, gives it God Plus, just shout voucher, okay, and the team will make it. No team we ready, our man will shout voucher. They went one hundred dollar voucher. Teamwork makes the dream work. I know we did even get that bit run All right, let's go there. What are we doing? Chocolate movies? Driving Swiss Daisy or some nice Swiss chocolate.
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: I like that Silver plus another voucher.
Speaker 4: I just didn't want to do it straight away, but I didn't like it.
Speaker 2: Kick cat hot tim roof silver more stressing Now I don't know. No Crunchy for old men, Gold vouch along Cane pollwaffle.
Speaker 7: Gold voucher, whoa Johnny Boy Arrow Geddon Silver? Yeah, and no no vouchre for you Snickers on the plane Silver Debbie does Polly Waffle Bronze kill Bilby Silver, The Man with the Iron Twigs, Silver.
Speaker 2: Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure.
Speaker 4: That's excellent.
Speaker 2: No voucher Wohl Snacks to the Future, bro Weekend at Hershey's Silver plus Nightmare on a Claire Streets Bronze, How to lose a Mars Bar in ten days?
Speaker 4: Not that funny Bronze, Pope.
Speaker 2: Twix, Gold Voucher with an Eye, the Green Linked m No, No, Chuck Eito's way, What is it for?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: Chitty Chitty Tim Tamil plus Oh, I thought it was a sure fire gold. We've only got two there, rumpa chomper, chitchy Chitty Tim tam desoded the voucher Ferrero Roussia's Day Off Golder.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Importing to Do Now. We get so many great calls every single day on this show. On a Friday, normally we give away a thousand dollars thanks to Mercedes Benz Berrick Prowsy, part of Mercedes Ben's Circle of Excellence for twenty twenty. Here are some of the contenders from all the great calls we've had this week. Hello Hello, The Christian O'Connell Show.
Speaker 1: Well, Hello, Coller of the Week. Do you have a tank? Do you have a mate with a tank?
Speaker 2: Sean? How can he help us mate?
Speaker 8: I've actually driven a tank over a car many years ago in the Army. I was given the opportunity at a recruiting activity for their scout and.
Speaker 1: To drive.
Speaker 2: And they get one of their little badgers.
Speaker 1: I've got my tank.
Speaker 2: I crossed the cars being asked to leave Kevin Good Morning.
Speaker 1: About thirty years ago.
Speaker 8: I was asked to leave target for grabbing the PA system in part through how did he make this morning?
Speaker 1: One week?
Speaker 11: Is a claim for five years.
Speaker 5: I used to work with a float who met Elvis's uncle in nearly seventeen. So they go to Graceland and they said he spoke and he said he's Elvis's uncle, and I said, oh, he.
Speaker 11: Gave him two free tickets.
Speaker 5: He actually saw Elvison concept in Vegas.
Speaker 2: One amazing thing for Elvis's uncle to do.
Speaker 5: He did say that he asked him for a free for the tickets.
Speaker 2: That's how Elvis that's called. It's I can tell Christian O'Connell caller of the Week. It has to be you, Nick, Elvis is uncle. You've won one thousand dollars in cash, my friend.
Speaker 11: Oh my god, any moral words of the king you thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's if only his uncle was alive to hear all of this. Those one thousand dollars get you some more Elvis shows, all right, Nick enjoys spending your one thousand dollars and thank you very much for being such a good sport when he called the show as well, it's a great story while weakest claim to fame. Have a great Easter weekend you too much.
Speaker 11: Thanks, thanks very much to you guys, and to Mercedes and have a.
Speaker 2: Happy star lovely. Thank you very much, buddy. We've had so many every single game days, so many funny stories and calls from you guys like Nick there and the man fighting in the PM may not here. Mactually put him in the PAS showcase of the best bus of the show. The Big Bosses in from Sydney today as well. Again we've got English guy all the way over so we can play out people fighting in a PA system. But thank you so much for all the support and love you give the show. All the text every single day, hundreds of them on the time waster, the emails of stories, the families, we talk to with the families that don't want to be talked to by us, Stuck on the score run. Thank you very much. Guys will be back very very soon on The Christian O'Connell Show from me, Jack and Patsy, have a great Easter and thank you for being a friend. Jack.
Speaker 1: Drop the needle, The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast