Speaker 1: Christian christ John O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Let's go Today's Monday Mornings podcast.
Speaker 3: As always, the email for me is Christian at God.
Speaker 4: When I pour three dot com?
Speaker 3: Are you call it traffic by suit? Teenage daughters in the back of the car say hi, girls, this is my listeners that pay for everything him me.
Speaker 5: You do I not count your wife wife current.
Speaker 1: Anyway, on with the show.
Speaker 4: Wherever you are in the world enjoying this, Say safe The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Podcast. At the third stroke will be the Mummy.
Speaker 6: The work cord, the work cord, No no, no, Basic white Dad, computer computer Talk.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melvin's Gold one four point three.
Speaker 2: Hey, good morning Monday Mornings. Ever minutes past six. I hope you well, hope you managed to still have a good weekend. It's a Christian o'connobrecker share on Gold. So second week of Jack and Pats working from home. I'm still here at the radio station, just me and producer brand In. This feels like we've been deserted on an international space station and all the other crew members have left us. It's still pitch black in here, no lights on, very very strange. But we're safe and well and that's the important thing.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 6: So the two of you don't even see each other when you leave the building, do you how do you coordinate? Okay, Brad, you leave now, and then when you've left, I leave.
Speaker 2: Wow, this is how it works, okay, Brad? Sort you know, he looks to look at those websites after the show where no one's around. Old fashioned sort of vintage pornography, so.
Speaker 6: Old fashioned that it can get through the firewall because.
Speaker 2: Like a victorian ladies ankles. So I'll leave you to plan tomorrow's show and I leave him to you know, So how are you guys?
Speaker 8: Then?
Speaker 2: Jack? How was your weekend? Mate?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's good.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 6: It is starting to get to the point where all the days meld together. Now, unless we had this appointment from Monday morning, I really wouldn't know what day it was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they lose all relevancy and meaning. Yes, and time sometimes goes very quickly and the other times it can be how can only be eleven o'clock? Oh so true.
Speaker 6: I've actually found you would think that time of drag. I found it goes pretty quick in general.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I found this actually strangely, even though didn't do as much of the weekend because we can't rightly, so still found that this weekend motibi and suddenly it was Sunday night. Patsy, how was your weekend? Mate?
Speaker 10: Oh, it's Lord of the flies out here already. It's just the weekend we have had. There's only so many games, puzzles, walks with the dog, jogs around the backyard that you can do. And the natives are restless. Can I say?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I found myself actually emptying the dishwasher more than normal. I was like, I'm doing it like five or six times a day. Yes, I'm trying to keep myself occupied at the moment. I'm worried that when we re emerged from this in six months time, we go out blinking into the wilderness. You know, we're all going to be like Brooks in the Shortshank Redemption, It doesn't quite know how to survive onside.
Speaker 6: And we actually turn around and go back inside.
Speaker 2: I volunteer hands out on going back into isolation. Plus, all our pets are going to have really severe separation anxiety as well. At the Big Winner, with us spending more time at home with them christ.
Speaker 1: John O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: This weekend, I said to my wife, do you know what I want to do? All the cooking this weekend? She was like, well, all the cooking. Normally on the weekend we take in turns. One of us do Saturday, one of us do Sunday, and now I want to do all of it. I want to I want to try and use this time. I'm sure everyone's saying this to themselves. We're going to use this time to learn some new skills. I've signed up for another three different of those online master classes.
Speaker 1: Jack.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to become a supreme being, you know in six months time. If I'm not a multi linguist who can like cook Indian and Italian food from scratching my own homemade sources, I've failed my time in isolation.
Speaker 6: So I'm just changing mine every day though. So I was Spanish on Saturday, and then we actually tried to become TikTok dancers yesterday.
Speaker 2: Oh my word, now this is this is I'm meant to talk to you about this. We need to move them to TikTok area. So my youngest daughter, my daughters are obsessed with TikTok. But the thirteen year old is that it's everything to her. She watches more TikTok than TV or anything. It's all about TikTok. She even says to me that information that she's found out and I go, all right, where did you read that? I saw it on TikTok went not year sauce. It's people dancing. I don't want to hear anything about coronavirus that you picked up from dancers on TikTok. It's not a news source. But anyway, she does that these videos on there, right, you know, yeah, I don't sure it works. And a week and half ago, on a Friday night or about half nine, I don't know, a couple of glass of wine, she said, I need you just came in. She went, I need you to say this into the camera and I was like, I don't want to watching TV. She went, I need you to say this in the camera. I went, will you leave me alone if I do? It's just like yes, So I did. Some got four lines of a rap and then she's she's she's stunned. Normally she gets like two or three hundred likes. It's had over twenty thousand.
Speaker 6: Oh it's gone TikTok viral, dad talk my friend's song?
Speaker 2: Were you rapping? I don't know, some sort of modern thing. I mean, we don't play anything, but that hasn't been, you know, anything past the last thirty years. I've got no idea what I was reading. It's like a hostage thing. I was just reading out a statement.
Speaker 6: Unless it's the Fresh Prince of bel Air that's it opening soundtrack, then you don't know what you're saying.
Speaker 2: I was just reading it and she's told me what to say, or so I was just resorting. So when the other yesterday, I thought, I'm going to use the slow cooker today, right, And the slow cooker is my kind of cooker because you basically chuck it in there, turn on, shut the lid, and go you cook it. I'll see you in six hours time. That's to me is ideal. It's the perfect lazy man's cooking. And they're great things. He's slow cookers. And I googled slow cooker curry recipes and as it was googling it, yet, oh my word, we had a really great curry last night. The kids went back for seconds. As I was googling it, it came up with. You know, they have these kind of little articles, and I clicked on one about a mild corner because the kids didn't want to think too spicy. In the article, it said, you know, and there are many great clashes in our lives, aren't they? You know, are the versus Foreman Fury versus John tay Wider. There was a big article stovetop versus slow cooker, and I found myself clicking on it just to read it, even though I didn't need to know anything about It's because I've got all the time on the world right now. I started reading an article about a thousand words in. I'm realizing I don't need to know any of this. What am I doing? But anyway, I made this curry yesterday. And the slow cooker, and just the fact that I own a slow cooker and I enjoy using a slow cooker. Those are the little moments and the brief in my life where you feel like an adult. You guys ever had those? When you catch those look all glimpses, a little fleeting moment or experience, you think, oh this is it, Oh, this is what being an adult is. Most of my life I feel like I'm still thirteen, but just occasionally I'll glimpse something only that slow cooker is a thing for me where I'm like, oh, this is what it is to be an adult.
Speaker 6: I'll tell you what it is for us, the upgrade from going to the shops and just buying what you need for the next meal and actually thinking ahead about what you'll need for the week.
Speaker 2: Oh god, I hate that. I love wandering around a supermarket with a hungry stomach chucking everything in. I leave supermarkets relishes. I'll take all of those relishes in. Well, these cheeses, I'll take all of these cheeses. Yeah, you're planning it all out and then doing online is the other thing as well, isn't it where you're not wandering around the shop wasting money that you don't need for stuff.
Speaker 6: And we don't do it every time, but we we. I've started to do glimpses of it.
Speaker 2: Patsy, what's it for you?
Speaker 7: When?
Speaker 2: Do you know me?
Speaker 10: It's my love affair with storage options and finding the best possible ones and looking for the next Tupperware party that I can buy my next lot of containers from.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean you are the Tupperware queen. What was that thing for fifteen dollars that wasn't.
Speaker 6: The grip pad?
Speaker 5: This is it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like this, it's brilliant. The grip pad. Remind us again what it was.
Speaker 10: It's just a square of plastic with kind of like a grid across it, and it helps open cans or not cans, but jars and stuff. It's brilliant.
Speaker 2: No one needs to buy something to open jars with two This is what you do. You smash it on the side up this cup noose on its side right. Then you get a big old knife, puncture it.
Speaker 6: Then it works.
Speaker 1: It never works.
Speaker 10: Now you're running under the tap with hot water. Never use this every time I put it and that you put it in the door.
Speaker 2: You put it in the door, and then trying to look like a vice.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast signs.
Speaker 2: When you knew you were an adult? When did you realize this is what adult does? For me? It was buying a slow cooker for Karen. Listen to us out in mornington. My sister and I Christian both realized adults on one beautiful sunny day many years ago. Instead of thinking of something fun we could do, we both thought this is the perfect weather to put the washing out on the line and dry. It very sad day for both of us. That's are from Karen. Yeah, there's one of the household chores I find the most tedious. It's putting the clothes out the line and then folding them all up. And because I shared my house with three ladies, is working out whose clothes are whose clothes. I'm always putting the wrong daughter's clothes in my or they got my wife's nickers, or I've got my daughter's nickers. Now that only happened once. It was an accident. Oh my dad.
Speaker 6: My dad's way to do it was always bring the washing off the line, dump it on the couch in the middle of the land room and we just had to pick through it and find what was ou.
Speaker 2: That was a system I've tried to use, and my wife told me it's not acceptable, and the kids protested as well, because what happens is as you dump it there, it sort of gets all crimpled up and you've got to wash it again. So yeah, I have to now try and work out who's is who's It's a nightmare, all right. Signs When you I knew you're an adult let's go to lines right now. Nine four one four one oh four three Ben.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Good morning, Christiana's.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Ben. Do you have a the weekend? Do you imagine I still have a good weekend with everything going on?
Speaker 4: Most definitely. I've moved out of my parents' house and had a great time.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, you've moved out of mom and Dad's place. Is this for the first time? Ben?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a pretty big moment in your life when you move out of mom and dad's And how old are you? Fifty two?
Speaker 7: Sorry?
Speaker 8: Ben?
Speaker 2: How exciting? Then? So where are you living now?
Speaker 4: I'm living in Lilydale now?
Speaker 2: And are you with a couple of buddies or is it your own place? What's the deal?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I moved in with four mates, so and how now?
Speaker 2: Listen? I remember my first place was like my friend's hygiene not even an option? Are you are you guys going to be Are you not brewing your own kind of corona lab there in your house? Are you guys going to be saved together?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm living with four chicks. It's a bit crazy. They're up at like seven o'clock queening.
Speaker 2: It's n Well, that's a perfect isn't it all right? You're going to be in the cleanest place in the in the country.
Speaker 3: They'll be like, it is ridiculous, I'll tell you that much.
Speaker 2: And are you doing your bit?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm like.
Speaker 4: A meat for because of my nan, but like they clean more than me. It's scary, all.
Speaker 2: Right, Ben? And is this the moment where you felt you an adult? What was it for you?
Speaker 4: When I turned eighteen on the dot? I went and got my driver's licens and I walked into the bottle O. I put a slab of Miller's Chill on my shoulder, walked up to the front counter and I didn't get id's And I was so happy.
Speaker 2: It's almost like a TV advert, isn't as You're walking out there with that slab on your shoulder, you know you, sir, are a young man.
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: I was so happy.
Speaker 2: And what was the first slab you.
Speaker 4: Got Miller's chill?
Speaker 3: It's a beer sort of.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess there's a beer. Thank you, Ben? All right, Ben, thank you very much. You killed me. Stay safe you too, all right? Take care? Ben? Uh easy?
Speaker 7: Oh ease?
Speaker 5: What hey, it's a short prosmor older.
Speaker 2: All right, gotcha? And do you have a nice weekend.
Speaker 5: I had a lovely weekend. Yeah, we went partner and I just went and chilled out. It was softly. But that's not But when I read the life styles and that old it was basically because I knew how to open the body gar. I do.
Speaker 2: But Pantsy thinks you need to pay twenty dollars to some bit of quipment.
Speaker 5: You don't go putting holes in LIGs either, Well I do.
Speaker 2: What should we do?
Speaker 5: All you've got to do is get a bread and butter knife. You put it between you know, when you've got a pickle jar, for example, you've got those tin lids over the top of it and they're vacuum sealed. So the idea is that you put the nice blade, just slip it underneath, so the tip of it's underneath it, and just either lift it up or twisted to the right and it will automatically go pop. And then you just do No, that's not it very simple.
Speaker 2: That doesn't work for ninety nine percent of jars. And you get that knife and stab it in the top to crazy.
Speaker 5: Then you get a wet teatowel and you hold the jar and you just don't just turn it and it will open that way too.
Speaker 10: It doesn't work for me.
Speaker 2: Never heard of the wet teatowel one?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, so a Weddish tea tail, a dam teatail and then you hold it because it gives you the grip without paying for a whole heap of money for a gadget.
Speaker 10: It's the best money I've ever spent.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I got it.
Speaker 2: I got this one.
Speaker 6: When you've got the pad that opens the jar, we've got it.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I put it to you then, jacket. As a man, you have done weak wrists. How can you be working out with a personal trainer for a year. You can't open the jar.
Speaker 6: It's not about the strength, it's about the grip.
Speaker 2: Tying that grip it's a sign of proper man strength. It's all about grip strength.
Speaker 6: Maybe my hands are too sweaty from working out too much, but I can't get that grip that purchase on it.
Speaker 7: Do you know what?
Speaker 2: You need to get a couple of jobs today? And instead of working out with them dumbells you got from Frank your training you need to start. That should be your new workout for an No, how okay?
Speaker 1: The christ John O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: I don't think I've ever appreciated my friends anymore than these last few days. You know, I think at the moment we're really re evaluating our lives. I was even looking at a load of my clothes yesterday just sort of going, no, this really means that much. You know, everything is is being evaluated at the moment. Anyway, I was catching up with a front of my back in the UK. We haven't spoken. I think we've spoken probably since actually moved out here, but I actually catch up with him. And he's a comedian, so normally in the UK at the weekend he's headlining all around the country. And if you ever see Michael McIntire do a stand up show, Paul Tomkinson is always the comedian I love here. McIntyre is a great comic and Paul Togginson is one of his oldest friends. Always goes out in the road with him. He's a great comic. But anyways, just catching up with him other weekend, he said he saw the images of Saint Kilda and he's been over here loads of times on tour with Michael, but also doing the comedy festival, and he said, he you're this is down the road from Hampton where you are, isn't it the hen all those people doing down it's that Bond died the other weekend and then since killed and he said this. It's like he's got teenage kids as well. It's like you realize that we as adults we need boundaries that our teenage kids do. It's why you need the government or actually another adults to go right, okay, left to your own devices. Don't you need a boundary? And Friday down there was like heaps of people not walking down the beach because you know, we did that with a dog store, but we can't anymore now because the idiots they are just sitting there in groups of ten fifteen, like we know we can't do this. I mean, what more about a pandemic do we need to know before people start to change their actions?
Speaker 6: Do you think the beach has a feeling. I'm definitely not endorsing the people going down there and gathering there, but the beach has that feeling of like the salt water and the salt air, like it gets rid of bacteria.
Speaker 2: Yeah, mentally it's really good for us. You know when I think going down there and walking and moving along it. You know, we're going for swimming. It should should be fine. But I don't think they're gonna let us do now now, little people. So I was I took the kids down and get a bag of chips done at half Moon Bay, beautiful places up from black Rock, right, gorgeous day Saturday, one of those days where you're like, what a beautiful day? So so why don't we go down and get some hot chips and sit on the wall down at the beach or in the car. And we go down there and there are four police officers in all their gear, body arm, and they look so hot and telling people to keep moving, and I felt so sorry for them. Before I went to get the chips for the kids, I said to them, Hey, you guys thirsty, Do you want me to get you a drink or a bag of chips or anything? And it actually looked at me. What you don't even shrink away when the copper says to you what? They all just seemed big in that moment, didn't He wasn't even that much big that in my mind, he suddenly became this giant. I was like a little boy, and the kids are literally walking away from me, like oh, God.
Speaker 6: Dad's going to get arrested.
Speaker 2: Basically, Dad, you know, just a bag of chips?
Speaker 10: Are love?
Speaker 9: True?
Speaker 2: And they went no, and I went, okay, did a good job. And because they just had stuff to do, and the kids were horror for that. Why did you do that? When you can think about them, they're boiling hor It's really kind of got the sting old sort of reinforced boots. They got aware kind up and down the beach telling people to move on anyway. The same cop that I said, do you want these chips? Right, we go and sit on the wall, you know, and we're looking out the sea goes, you've got to move on, And then I said, all right, So we had to go and sit in the car because I didn't want anyone congregating the three of us, right, so we're got to get in the car and the kids go, you know what, you could have got in real trouble because that's like trying to bribe a police officer and with a bag of hard chips, like I'm going to be speeding one day this week, get pulled over by the police and go, you don't recognize me, chip guy, half Moon Bay. We can make this a little matter, just go away, can't well, yeah, come on through, misstroke on or come on through.
Speaker 6: Yeah, a gift is seen as the same as money, so that can be a bright.
Speaker 2: Really, I didn't know that, so perhaps he just hearing your headlines then, so Scomo's back, it's going right. You still don't get it. Here are some more restrictions in this kind of lockdown? Shut down?
Speaker 9: Is it?
Speaker 7: Really?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 2: What are the new things we need to know about this morning?
Speaker 10: Okay? So what's different is that they can, excuse me, you can only have a maximum two people now in public spaces, so not ten, but two, but your family unit. So say if you're a family of five or six, you can still go out, but just your group. So that's a little bit confusing. I know, wedding and funeral limits.
Speaker 2: Though, I he's got a bugbear about those weddings and funerals right now.
Speaker 10: The other big things today playgrounds are closed from noon, so that takes that out of the option for board kids, outdoor.
Speaker 2: G it's there's a whole noon shutdown for bag kids. Yeah, getting your kids up now because they've been bored from midday today. Get them out there on those swings and roundabouts now.
Speaker 10: Also outdoor gyms and skate parks are closed today. And the other thing that he said.
Speaker 2: Last night of EDU, I love the fact that in the audio they had news he mentioned skate parks like they're obviously having some sort of emergency meeting of them after merchant meeting. And they go, okay, so we're talking about the weddings of funerals or anything else. There's a new guy who's just wandering the room stocking up the biscuits. Now, skate park, someone like Jack Post you raised on Tony Hawk's videos skate Yeah, okay, but we don't want this to be another bar A situation. Last week Scomo appeal to the younger voters mentioned skate parks. You're on their side.
Speaker 10: And the other thing that emerged last night out of the National Cabinet meeting was that people seventy plus should just stay home, so unless they have to really go out to the doctor or the pharmacist, just stay shoed.
Speaker 2: Done this last week and the U came on, mom and Dad are staying indoors because they've been told you for three months.
Speaker 10: Three months, yes exactly.
Speaker 6: Just I realized I haven't driven the car since last Monday when we're all in there together.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Same, of course you.
Speaker 2: Two walk to work now you shuffle from your bedrooms. I'm still driving. The roads are getting quieter every single day as well. It's easy to get into work now. All right, Patsy, thanks for the update.
Speaker 1: The christ John O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: So we're going to make these little kind of audio diaries this week again of how we're getting on day to day, what's going on. If you want to do so as well, you can record it on your phones and it didn't have to be a video or anything, like just thirty seconds or so and then email it into me Christian at gold one O four to three dot com dot au like this one over the weekend.
Speaker 12: So Day ten of isolation?
Speaker 2: Is it day ten? I mean I don't know what day it is now, but it's day ten for huh.
Speaker 12: So Day ten of isolation with my twenty two year old son and twenty year old daughter, and I get a text message from downstairs this afternoon saying do you still have that old box of Lego?
Speaker 3: Mum?
Speaker 12: Fun times.
Speaker 2: That's what we're reduced to now. You might be in your twenties, but right now. You just got improvised with any things that are around the house to keep you going. Lego, Lego, lego is never not fun. Now you're just seeing a lot of these, probably on Facebook and Instagram. Some of them are good, some of them awful. A lot of people are making these parody of various well known songs and then inserting some kind of you know, wash your hand kind of lyrics to what's going at the moment. Some of them are very good and some of them are this. Do you remember this blast from the past? I think it was like in the early couple of months on the show when this song was everywhere? Do you remember baby Shark? Yeah? Of course, said no one ever. Do you remember baby? It's not HARKing back to halcyon days, is it? Anyway? One if you sent me this, we don't need this back, as near lives already sucked. No, that is enough of that. This one, I do like, this is very good, very good beat parody using I got a hush my, This is very good. Man. Does these next to me?
Speaker 1: Lash?
Speaker 2: Were those draft less lam?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 3: This disease?
Speaker 13: I got a hush miles.
Speaker 2: That's the best one I've found so far. If you get any good ones and awful ones, send both to me Christian at god one four three dot com dot au. I'll stick the beetles one up on our website, on Facebook and our Instagram as well as a good one.
Speaker 1: Christian. Hello, Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: So on the Sorning Show there Monday morning, as always, just after eight o'clock, we have your Monday Morning mishard lyrics and the big thing we've got for one of you this week, fifty thousand dollars for you to spend on a major home reno. Now we're indoors a lot more. You've been noticing things around the house that you get fed up with and irritated. Fifty thousand dollars from a major home renne You can do a lot with fifty grand you. All you need to do is make a homemade jingle telling us why your home needs a renovation. It's my houseban rules. Head to gold one A four to three dot com dot au to enter all thanks to house Rules. High stake starts this Sunday seven on seven.
Speaker 1: We need a Renald.
Speaker 11: Christian o'connells house spend rules.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you much v on who's already been entering. You've still got plenty of time to enter online God one, O four three dot com dot au, Jack and Pats, we are the judge and jury this week on the entries day by day. We need to be a pick a winner every single morning they go through to Friday's big draw when we give away the fifty thousand dollars home Reno. Are you too ready to hear some of the entries so far?
Speaker 1: Ready to go?
Speaker 2: All right? First of all, then let's go to Mark boys.
Speaker 14: He don't spend microwave, toilet seeks, store handles, peak benks, top footing, capf doors. Then I need quarrel titles, plashbacks, ceiling fans, the wreck and reach space to quay too small? Were you so fively eighty?
Speaker 2: He took a big challenges. She's going to be a headache and we try it. That's what hangovers sound like. That last five seconds. But Mark, he ain't high. He had some smart lyrics in there, and it was to me it felt like you know when you're running down the hill, when your legs start to get away and you know you're going to fall over. That's what happened to Marty boy.
Speaker 6: Did he speed it up because the the original songs fast?
Speaker 2: But me, let's have another listen to my voice. He deserves He's put a lot of effort into this, so thank you, Mark.
Speaker 14: He don't spend microware toilet seeks, store handles peak, so fast, so good. Here the quarrel titles posh begs ceiling fans.
Speaker 2: There turn a couple of seconds. What's going on? We've tried. It's like a new game. What is Mark singing? But that is great? I did love that one. This comes from Lynettelet's have a listen to this one her house band.
Speaker 9: Nothing's fine, it's one.
Speaker 6: We're all out of faith.
Speaker 2: This is how we feel.
Speaker 10: It's all and we're ashamed to have dinner parties anymore. Fifty k would change a kitchen into something real.
Speaker 2: We're wide awake. It's not too late to put a deposit down.
Speaker 6: Why isn't arriving important to people? We found this last week as well.
Speaker 2: I don't know, Lynette, what advice would you give them? As the of course, the resident musicologist on the show.
Speaker 6: Turn up the backing music on Lynnette's one. It sounded like it was coming from a different rum.
Speaker 2: But then you you lose the beautiful quality of a voice. What are you saying.
Speaker 6: I'm not saying, just got a bad voice. Someone in bad voice. Houses can't throw stones?
Speaker 2: All right? This haven't listen on Fiona Sheira. Here's her entry.
Speaker 9: There were up because I need a hand before our Faura.
Speaker 2: Sounds like we've got an isolated vocal here. That isn't Let's go back to grease is the word with Fiona.
Speaker 9: There wear up because I need a hand before our falla through the floor.
Speaker 7: Better wein up.
Speaker 9: You don't understand. There's only so much tape. Can't do nothing left, nothing left for me to do.
Speaker 2: It's very very good everyone, Okay, coming up next and after there's some simple mind So I take you through the two that are going in today's head to head. If you want to enter, we've heard the standard. We love them all. Head online gold one O four to three dot com dot AU. Just a little homemade jingle could be winning you a fifty thousand dollars home renovation this week on the show.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Podcast.
Speaker 2: Second week with Jack and Pat's working from home in isolation. Last Monday evening, we found out team member here at Gold tested positive for coronavirus. So the station was kind of closed for twenty four hours to make sure it's all safe and cleaned, and not just clean, but pandemically cleaned, as the signs everywhere say in this building, these premises have been pandemically cleaned. The new phrases that we're all learning right now. But anyway, so Jack and Pat's staying away, which is the safe thing to do and is on Thursday. Jack told me he'd be coming back into the studio because he's done his kind of two weeks. But he just told me the intends to still work from home Thursday and Friday. And I think the real reason isn't quarantine, is because otherwise you'd have to give me a birthday present. It's my birthday next week. We're aping up to be a very bad both.
Speaker 6: We're so close to those Easter holidays at the end of this week. Anyway, it feels silly to come in for just two days.
Speaker 2: Yeah, feel silly, isn't it.
Speaker 1: We need a rein.
Speaker 11: The car Christian O'Connell's house span rules.
Speaker 2: Actually, you can't give each other cards anymore. They feel like dirty and grubbing.
Speaker 1: Now you lick the back of this.
Speaker 2: I'm not opening it, all right, Housepan roles, fifty thousand dollars will be given to one of you this Friday. All need to do is make a little homemade jingle your own housepan as to why your home needs a reno. Each morning, we put two of your entries up against each other. We pick one to go through the Friday's final, and they win the fifty thousand dollars. All right, let's have a listen to. Here are today's two contenders going up against each other. First, we've got Josie Shaw and her family and their version of the police. Don't stand so close to me. I'm kichen a jet.
Speaker 8: Our family anxiety, no storage, no carbets, no space for a carpety insided, there's no room to entertain our friends.
Speaker 10: We try to ignore it.
Speaker 1: But we like to sell.
Speaker 2: Don't say very good, don't so this is great?
Speaker 10: Dump say, don't say so.
Speaker 2: Don't stands close to me. We've got the smartest there. Listen, well, I love that you just you just get it done. It's sort about the kitchen in your house, all right. So that's Josie Show and the family doing a great version about the kitchen. Don't stand so close to me. We now go to Damon and his version of Bohemian Rhapsody.
Speaker 15: Christian, I need a reno. I've got three kids under four. Mind is aching body soul. I would love a study with tamberflow and a bedroom for my new born patio. Oh oh oh oh oh oh some my fresh girl dining, a place for my ironing.
Speaker 13: Please Hoppergola at the back of Gold one, would you please help me, help me help me?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 2: Two very good ones Josie Short and then that was Damon from Dorian his version of Bohemian Rhapsody. Guys, who are we going to put through the Friday's Final?
Speaker 6: Ah, they're both so great. I think Behavior Rhapsody. Nudge is just ahead.
Speaker 10: From that patri yelmouth jack On. That one diamond was great.
Speaker 2: Damon from Dorian. You go through to Friday's Big Final, you could be winning the fifty thousand dollars home runner. Tough luck to Josie Shawan family because that was outstanding. If you've got entries still trying to get involved, head to Gold one O four three dot com dot au all thanks to House Rules. High Stakes starts this Sunday at seven on seven to play us out the house ban today, Mark one more time.
Speaker 14: Spend microwave, toilet, six store, handles, Peak, Fence, Top, Wooden, Captain Stores, There any floral titles, Flash Ben Cealing Friends, there.
Speaker 2: Is right radio up.
Speaker 1: What's he saying here?
Speaker 2: It's I was so returning.
Speaker 14: We like the eighties lod.
Speaker 2: Try more of those tomorrow morning. They're outstanding. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: The christ John O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: About you both the last couple of days, start to really look at your life and the one thing about everything that's going on around us, all over the world and here in Australia makes you start to think about where everything the stuff that brings the joy, the stuff that you thought brings you job bit doesn't anyway. This week it's maybe you think over the weekend, what will I never ever take for granted again? Because we will get through this, this will pass. I don't know what it's going to be like when we re emerge out of it, but it will. And what will you never ever take for granted again? I started to find a I stort almost make a list over the weekend.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: So many things have been taken away that have been permanent we take for granted that almost come an ordeal, and now now they're not there, we can't get them so easily or at all. It just changes your appreciation of them, and you really you feel their absence. For me, I'm someone that I'm not really a fan of shaking hands with mates. I know some of myment male friends don't like hugging, but I absolutely love hugging my mates, and I don't care if some of them feel very awkward around it, but I love doing that.
Speaker 6: Man, you are a hugger.
Speaker 2: I am a hugger. I know sometimes you just stand there, not knowing you're still in that. You're at that age of life. You'll get their mate, You'll get there one day. You're not there. Yeah, you're on the edge. You're almost entering in the puberty of hugging. I see it in your eyes. You want to break out the shell, but you're still You're still in there.
Speaker 6: I'm learning from the best.
Speaker 2: I missed. I miss the hugs. I really really missed the hugs. T Only one thing as well, in all serious is that I'm really not going to take for grant again is the people that we don't even see sometimes and that owes the people that work in supermarkets, Bunnings, coals, you know, warlworst that stack the shelves, that are written off and theligned as unskilled or low labor. How we ever could even classify a group of people that are really essential. You know, we're talking about what is essential, what isn't essential. Those people are essential doing those jobs. We didn't realize how much we actually need them. They are essential. So I'm never going to take them for granted. And I'm not just going to see through them or as a silhouette or I'm like a ghost that doesn't matter to me. I'm always going to acknowledge them. I really hope I do. I'm going to promise myself I'm going to.
Speaker 6: Do that, and you'll start You'll start hugging them when we're allowed to touch again.
Speaker 2: I hony hug people that I know. Okay, not one of those whose guys, Jack, What are you never going to take for grunted together?
Speaker 6: Just the simple act of going out to see your friends. I can I can be guilty of At the end of a long week, someone trying to organize your friends to catch up, and you go can't, can't be bothered tonight, or like, I'm just going to make up an excus tonight.
Speaker 2: Patsy knows what that's like.
Speaker 10: Yeah, still no invitation.
Speaker 2: We tried to do.
Speaker 6: You don't realize until it's gone, but we tried to do virtual drinks on Saturday afternoon with all my buddies. So we had sixteen people on a zoom conference video conference and it just is not the same people talking over each other like a breakfa sure, but it's you got to imagine sixteen voices. You try to direct a question to one person, they don't hear, there's another side conversation going on. And then the worst part is there's long awkward silences because everybody gets scared to talk over each other. So at one one of two points during the drinks, we're just sixteen people looking at each other.
Speaker 2: How strange, how strange the things we're trying to do at the moment, Patsy, what's it for you? What are you never going to take for granted?
Speaker 10: You know the biggest thing for me is just human touch, just you know, I love cut a little girl and giving as.
Speaker 2: You're breaking up there.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you have to tell Chris again to get offline. I thought we spoke about red Hot DUTs. Oh no, he's already going for session.
Speaker 6: Chris is missing that.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 9: I need.
Speaker 10: It's the human touch for me, because you know, I'm a touchy feely person, aren't I Like, I like to hold your arm if I'm talking to you. I'm a bit annoying like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 10: The other thing for me is freedom of movement, like going wherever you want, whenever you want, just getting in the car and going and being. And the other thing is for me my job. We're so lucky that we're seen as in aessential service. And that weekend.
Speaker 2: Every day, my kids were worried over the weekend. I mean they always are constantly. If your dad was me, you'd be worried about surely some day is going to get fired. And they were like, are you going to be okay? I said, I'm really lucky. I hope so, you know, I said, I really hope so. And I'm very lucky just by the job that we have, what we do here. We're lucky anyway getting to come and do this, and I've appreciated it even more because of there's not a lot of laughter sometimes during the day in our lives right now because it's terrifying. It is actually scary. It's like it's like at the moment, you know the bit in Toy Story three where they're moving the conveyor belts kind of moving, you wonder, what are we moving to something which is even worse and we nowhere near the worst of it. I don't know. And so when we have this hopefully where you know, when we hang out together and we laugh together, you're like, oh my god, I'm so lucky that this is actually what I get to do for a living. So yeah, I really appreciate this job. All right, let's go. Let's take some calls, now, know, four one four one O four three Charlie, come morning. Hey, how I'm going.
Speaker 7: To send this Charlie from Black Rocket.
Speaker 2: You're going, oh, good, Charlie, And what are you never going to take for granted again?
Speaker 7: Look, I'm actually for everything you guys were just saying. A second, I'm a physio in private practice, and the one thing that I can't do now is actually see my patients. You know, within that one and a half meters, I can't touch them. As I normally would do is a as a treating therapist. And if you take that for granted, every time you go to work, it's just a patient comes in, You're helping them with the pain. Now I'm doing some telehealth stuff where I'm giving them advice, doing all the things online. But it's just not the same. And you know, every day I went to work for the last thirty six thirty seven years, you sort of do take that for granted. And I can tell you when it's all changes and I go back there, it'll be, you know, very much a different environment for me.
Speaker 2: Brilliant, What an amazing thing to get from it.
Speaker 7: Though, Oh look, it's just one of those things that you know, we've we've got a big practice Basside, You're part of the world, and it's just one of those things we sit back and we go, you know, maybe we should be thinking about things a little differently now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you wonder whether we're going to when we do come out, whether it is actually hopefully going to be something better and different and we put some different things in place. You wonder whether we're all collectively feeding this globally, aren't we And we've never done that ever before. What a chance to actually make some changes to something different. You have to hope that maybe what remains is better.
Speaker 7: Oh look, I agree one hundred percent. You know, we've got people coming the door now and you can see the fear on their faces, and I'd like to see that less. You know, they're always fearful of pain, Now they're fearful of other things. And it's a scary thought, scary time we're living through. But I agree with you. We're going to get through this. We're all going to be better people for it, because we've learned to get along again, I think, and we're just doing things differently and hopefully over the time we'll just stay better. You know, I think we don't want to go back to old habits. That's probably the bigger issue that I find is that, you know, we resort back to old habits.
Speaker 2: Very pally, Charlie, well, sir, thank you very much. You cool mate, have a good week, stay safe and you.
Speaker 7: Too, Thanks guys.
Speaker 1: The question O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast, What will you ever ever tay for?
Speaker 2: Granted again? Christian Televised Sport for Steve Martin. Yeah, we're all missing the footye are missing the EPR, and I'm missing UFC as well. Joy, what a great name. Joy is missing the freedom. I love the fact that's some really Joy, I'm thinking the emotion. Joy is missing freedom? Freedom? Are you missing Joy? Joy is missing the freedom to have a pint of glass or glass of wine in the pub with a few mates. This is from David Elms. David's in a tricky situation here being able to hold my wife. I'm in Australia, she is stuck in the USA. Not sure when we'll get to see each other again face to face. That's gonna be months, but I'm definitely going to miss my birthday and our first wedding anniversary together. David. I'm sorry, you know. I hope you're I'll be coping okay though, when your wife is safe in America as well. Elna just wre we head out into the ads. Elina, good morning money, Christian. I'm good. I'm good, struggling to the show as always with the old dream team around me. But Elena, what are you never gonna what are you never gonna take for granted again? Mate?
Speaker 5: My family, I live with him and I work as an emergency nurse.
Speaker 2: So with your time of crisis.
Speaker 5: I've had to move out and yeah, you know, you've never realized how much you need them in a time like this.
Speaker 2: Sure, on how long have you been? How long will you have to be away from it? Are you doing it in a couple of weeks? Shifts? Is that how all the emergency nurses and doctors are doing at the moment. Yeah, look, I'm not too sure at this stage, and I hope it doesn't go on for much longer.
Speaker 5: But yeah, it's a bit of an unknown.
Speaker 2: At the moment, and you must be frighted as well. I know your doctors and nurses are so brave and fairness, but you must be frightened sometimes about getting it or you know, your own.
Speaker 11: Safety, sometimes just for fear of unknowns.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, I'll let you go. Elena, thank you very much for calling in. Have a good day.
Speaker 1: But christ John O'Connell Breakfast Show Podcast.
Speaker 2: It's tough for this. It's just an is heard Christian O'Connell's misheard lyrics every Monday. We did this in two parts, Your Misheard Lyrics. First part, Big John send us his top five. We ever listened to the contenders? Do we agree? Are they actually misheard? Lyrics. Then we've got a part two, all the ones you've been sending in over the last seven days. If we agree with the misheard lyric, then you all hear this. If we don't, we hear this, and for the lucky few, you get to go into the Hall of Favor located in Frankston. Okay, that's one of you. Needs to turn your headphones down. We have to tell you every single day. I'm guessing it's you Pats. The headphones make that noise if they're not turned down. It was the same on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday.
Speaker 10: Why is it just instantly made? The finger of Blaine gets pointed to that. Does it exactly?
Speaker 6: We know you have your headphones up.
Speaker 2: Radio. Whemmy, how does it all work?
Speaker 10: Is that better?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: That's it. You've found the volume body. Okay, we all get a good all right, let's go first of all, then Big Johns Top five. We're going to Taylor Swift shake it off, and the fakers they're gonna fake, fake, fake, Oh is it? And the Baker's gonna bake, bake, bake. I'm hearing the bakers once more. Yeah, some nice sour dough or some man's ex tell you what's sourdow goes off quick, doesn't it? Huh that turns bad really quickly anyway. Bred talk continues later Brian Adam Summer of sixty nine. I got my first real six string. I came the first resisting. What did he get his first real sex string? What this slip through? Things are in flux in them? Come on, Standards team, the camera firs resist.
Speaker 10: Now, I don't hear it?
Speaker 2: Come on? Not sorry? Different time back in the eighties, Pervo Adams the camera for yourself bad Bruno Mars Uptown funk. Got Chuck song? Where sala got Chucks? Or is it got Chuck so on? We're saying it wrong, Got Chucks sailing row, I'm hearing saying it wrong now, got Chuck song. We're saying it wrong. Got Chuck so sailing Rob. Yeah, I can't hear the other one now, John Legend, all of me, give me all of you, Give me all of me. I'm not sure about this one. Give me all of Europe, all right, turned up, Give me all of Europe, John Legend, if you go in me, No, it's about six Europe, isn't it without.
Speaker 11: In?
Speaker 2: Sorry Big John, No way Calvin Harris ready for the weekend. I put on my shoes and I'm ready for the weekend. Thank god, we don't have to play stuff like that every two hours. Seriously, That's what I'm grateful for. I'm never going to take the station's music policy ever granted, ever again. Bring on Mondo Rock I what is it? Sorry? I put on my shoes and I'm ready for the weekend. Back to you, Kevin? Or is it I butter my shoes and I'm ready for the weekend?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: It is there?
Speaker 9: Is it?
Speaker 2: I button my shoes and I'm ready for the weekend. Four out of five? It's pretty good. Johnny Boy Coming up next, pretty go ahead. Coming up next, We've got all the best miss her lyrics you've been sending in over the last seven days.
Speaker 1: The Christian o'connall Breakfast Show Podcast.
Speaker 2: But two with the Monday Morning miss Her lyrics if you ever want to send some in Christian at Gold one I four three dot com dot AU. Good morning to the Harold family who are still up this morning, not on the school run, not at school, but they are miss seeing the miss herd lyrics, so they've got up. Earnie, the three kids bless them. Mom and dad all at home, listen to this right now. They want to know they miss it. Last week? Have there been any new Hall of Famous? The Hall of Famous at the moment, just give you an update the Hall of Famous at the moment. Last week there was this from go West. I'm the King. I wish for bacon. I'll get over you. I'm the king, I wish for bacon and kids, your mom and dad right with Gret. You're asking me, but this is the best one we've had this year. I don't know if we're going to get a bit better mishard one than then. Michael Walton sitting there resting his balls. All right, we've got more important work to do, everybody. This comes from another young viewer as well. Come on in. Robin ten years old and he loves listening to show the school run. He's still listening even though he's not the school one. Robin and the Harold family and all of the kids who were still listen to the show, thank you very much. This one is ugly heart by g R L of them. Apparently they're saying we're through with you. You, our young viewer, Robin who's ten Reckons they're saying, we threw a chew like a dog. Chew Robin. That's all I'm hearing, Buddy, Young Robin, you're on the nose of this one. He's also got another one. He's got a two for here. Can he get too little? Living on a prayer? Bon Jovia doesn't make a difference if we make it or not. It doesn't make a difference, going to young Robin, if we're naked or not, young man, he does say naked. This comes from Wendy Hill Christian. I google the lyrics for the song only last week and turns out I've been singing this wrong. No, I've part that for another time. I need to take you through it, Jack. It's rude. We need to work out how we can do it, but it's funny. And this goes to.
Speaker 6: How am I if it's rude or true?
Speaker 2: What am I going to know?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 2: No, I think there's a way we can do it. But it needs about an hour's worth of rehearsal because it's so on the line. You know, I'm like, I like being more all over the line than on the line, but it's so over it we need to rehearse every single part of this, and I'm just worried with us being in three different locations.
Speaker 6: It's too dangerous.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about perhaps, by the way, I'm not talking about. This comes from Grace, seventeen year old Grace miss o' love at Jimmy Marn's song Change of Heart. I've reached a crossroad, girl. Can I go on witch to crash? Or is it I've reached across your gurkin? I go on witch to crass? That has tickled me this morning. That one we like that one. I've reached across your gurkin. I go on witch to crass. We're just over a kirkin. And finally, Peter and Melton, totally that's the heart, Bonnie Tyler. We're living in a powder keg and giving off sparks or is it we're living in a powder kegaving off farts. I'm sorry that is up there with we're living. We're here living in a powder cake giving off farts. Welcome Peter and Melton. You get the mug as well. All right, the email for you miss her lyrics Christian at gold one four three dot com dot au. Thank you everyone. That's a great one this week.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 6: Are we going to the air?
Speaker 2: Break here?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 2: We're live on air? A zip it? Luckily you're not the one the team that swears a lot off air, which is obviously old sailor potty mouth Patsy. But I can't do anything right, turn the headphones down?
Speaker 1: Are we are?
Speaker 2: We're in three different locations, and it would appear that some team members, despite the show's format being the same every single day, all the change are our words, are still confused with what happens.
Speaker 6: Well that's what I was. I was actually mocking you paths because on the team chat you came, are we going to the air? Breaking?
Speaker 10: Sorry?
Speaker 2: Is this the we go to ads here every day?
Speaker 10: Thorough in future?
Speaker 2: Is it time for the news?
Speaker 7: It?
Speaker 2: I did it earlier though at half five?
Speaker 10: Go away news again?
Speaker 6: Already?
Speaker 2: Has anything changed? All right? Okay? Today's at work time waste? This is a great prize every day chocolate eas to Hamper?
Speaker 6: Awesome?
Speaker 2: Now one of you go yes, please make it to a life ader. Okay, hages chocolate, he's to Hamper?
Speaker 6: Did you say chocolate?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I said you just say yes, pease. I don't need to do anything else do we get the ads here? Jack? Gosh, just century Pat's right, It just says to me, and do we say goodbye to you here? And I'm like, no, it's eight.
Speaker 10: Where are you a wishful thinking?
Speaker 2: Jack Hages Chocolate us to hamper anyone? Yes? Please think can win it every day on a time waster. All right, it's Vincent Vangoff's birthday today. I'm not saying I'm bored in isolation all by myself in the studio. I've just worked out how old Vincent Vangoff would be if it was a life today. For no reason, but how old do you think he would be? Vincent Vangoff it is alive today.
Speaker 10: Guess some two hundred and sixty two.
Speaker 2: Hundred and sixty seven. Anyway, art movies today, that's what looking for your art movies. Best one gets the Haigs Chocolate eas to hamper anyone?
Speaker 6: Yes please?
Speaker 2: Now we only need one? Okay art movies today, as we take it high Brown paint Club. First rule of pink Club. Talk about paint club. Edward Stencil hands, Yeah, money Moore, moname Blade Renoir, Blade Renoir sketching. Private, Ryan, don't you move Private?
Speaker 6: Ryan.
Speaker 2: I'm sketching, and dude, even though we're going high brown, dude, where's my easel? Alrighty, so they're my art movies, Jackie boy, what have.
Speaker 6: You got avant Guardians of the Galaxy?
Speaker 2: Oh, very nice?
Speaker 6: The Curious Case of Benjamin Brushes. There's something about Daly.
Speaker 2: It's very high brow, very good.
Speaker 6: And dude, where's my canvas?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, all right? Then hey's chocolate? Eas to hamper anyone?
Speaker 6: Chocolate?
Speaker 2: You say no, I say, I just need you to say yes please anyway? Texting your at work time works today, art movies.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast Breaking News.
Speaker 2: Danny Andrews is talking at the moment parts what's the latest?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I see. Victoria's total number of coronavirus cases has jumped overnight to eight hundred and twenty one. Four Victorians have died, so that hasn't changed overnight. Twenty nine are in hospital, four in intensive care. The Premiere, as you say, has just given an update alongside the Health Minister, Jenny macarcoss and the Chief Health Officer, and says that the state is now in stage three shutdown, with a band on gatherings of more than two people. So we'll have some audio of the premiere coming up, explaining that in the news at nine.
Speaker 2: All right, thanks Pat pass if you keep an eye on it then and at the end of the time waste, so there's any more before the nine o'clock give us an update as well. Absolutely awesome job. All right, okay, today's at work time waster as we go, High Brown Monday, Haig's Chocolate Easter Hamper anyone, Yes, please, that's it. You can win it every day on the time waste of this week. Make them smile this sesa with Haig's chocolates. Ye me, yeah, all right? That all right? Then Art Movies you ready to Mark Jack? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Ready?
Speaker 2: Becaussa Blanca, Becaussa Blanca Gold, Renoirs of a Geisha.
Speaker 6: Gold Plus.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you what. Let's make it so every Monday, High Brown Monday, Renoirs of Vacacia. That's brilliant. David Croyd and well done. Star Warhole, Star Warhole.
Speaker 6: It sounds ruder than it is.
Speaker 2: Do Liz, well done, Crown Crown Rich Asians, Silver Brush Hour Too, Brush Hour two Gold, Daniel McCormack, Bent Lee East Love as in the Louver actually the silver, Brave Art silver, the usual brushstrokes, gold, Chad and Frameston take a Bow, Singing in the Renaissance, Singing in the rain Naissance Silver plus word Marking Newcastle, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Sketches Silver plus, Dean in Packing and well done Rembrandt, The Titans, Rembrandt, the Titans.
Speaker 6: Silver plus Planet.
Speaker 2: This is a good one. Planet of the landscapes Gold nicky Oye in Brunswick West, well done, framed in sixty seconds, silver full metal, haint Can Bronze and this is very high rail. Dude, where's my ear? Is he getting the chocolates?
Speaker 15: Yes?
Speaker 6: Yes, this man goes birthday. We have to celebrate with dude.
Speaker 2: How do we celebrate it on high rail? Monday? We do art movies and we wore the chocolates to dude, where's my ear? Such a highbrow show, dude, where's my ear? Will Englen Huntly enjoy your Haig's chocolate, East Hamper another one to win tomorrow morning, Patsy, what's the latest anymore? To report the moment the breaking situation with Danny Andrew's press conference.
Speaker 10: Uh no, he's still still speaking Christian. Just to reiterate. We are now at eight hundred and twenty one COVID nineteen cases in Victoria. That's an increase of fifty six in the past twenty four hours after whopping forty two thousand tests. Latest restrictions in arts last night. Starting midnight tonight means Victoria enters stage three and we'll have the premiere on in news very shortly explaining what that means for.
Speaker 5: You and I.
Speaker 2: Okay, guys, So this week then, to ease the burden on the at home four G four Jack and Pats, we're going to say goodbye to them now. Pats has still be doing the news at nine and I'll be carrying on for another hour, so coming up touring the next hour. Then I've got a thing to support small businesses. Trump plug as many small businesses as I can every morning now at nine to fifteen for two minutes, and we have our first episode at nine point thirty. We're going to catch up with some of our friends of the show, celebrities in captivity. The first one this morning is Andy Lee. We've got well Anderson book for tomorrow, Adam Hills on Wednesday, so Andy Lee, we're catching up with Andy Lee in half an hour's time. Jack and Pats take care, speak to you tomorrow. Good lue mate, Thank you very much. The solo show coming up next, Christian Hell.
Speaker 1: Hello, Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Let's be Cleveland before coronavirus. The internet system here wasn't the best in Australia and so we're trying to do our bit by not put more demands on it with them broadcasting from home. So here's how it's going to go this week. Then every single morning at nine fifteen, I'm going to do this. I'm going to put two minutes on the clock and I'm going to try and plug as many small businesses that are still open a business well you can as possible, and I do this every morning. You've got to do is texting a couple of lines about your business four seven five three one oh four three. They're not half nine celebrities in captivity. As we catch up with some of our friends of the show and see how they're doing. Andy Lee's waiting for us in ten minutes time. But right now, let's do this.
Speaker 11: Christian o'connells two minutes small business plug all.
Speaker 2: Right, they's see him money. I can get through the Grain Emporium. We are a small family business in clating, producing high quality breads, cakes and coffees. Well listen, Grain Emporium. It's my birthday next week. Just saying you know where I am all alone here in Richmond of Gold. Shout out to weather or Windows uPVC frame, double glazed windows and doors. Call us thirteen hundred one three two oh nine five Weather or Windows, move on now too. Oscraft Flooring, Garage, floor Preparation, ceiling and Coatings thirteen hundred two four five and A three two five Hi Christian Discount Motorcycle Wreckers, thirty five Dawson Street, North Coburg. Come grab your essential parts and have that bike ready to go. That's right. If it gets really bad, head for the heels on your bike, take me in a sidecar. The sign off on this text is someone just Mistisy known as Wombats just says cheers Wombat. Back to you, Wombat. Mister Sashcord greg double hung is he oh sorry here? Double hung sashed intee the next line double hung sash window repairs and double glazing. Mister Sashcord open seven day, seven am till six pm. Good luck mister sash kord I pushed, our small business is still trading. We'd love a shout out. Of course, you can mark Gray Photography gallery. Good luck Outright Plumbing, growing company with twenty five employees. I hope you can still see get this through, still going, we need more maintenance, working case projects, side gets shut down. Great people, Outright Plumbing. You didn't give me your details. Pest Brigade, family owned pest control company. Just me and the old man. Four oh six five double three three double five breath more of those times.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: All right, I thought we do this every morning at nine thirty as well. Catch up with some of our friends of the show, see how they're surviving in captivity. First up this morning and eat league.
Speaker 3: Morning morning mate. How are you?
Speaker 2: Wow? How are you? What's going on? How are you coping? What are you doing?
Speaker 3: Well? Beck and I decide to self isolate down the peninsula, and that's a controversial thing to do, but I'd about.
Speaker 2: To say yeah, gone that Well, it would appear that the coronas followed you down there.
Speaker 3: A lot of the locals are angry with you know, normal city arts coming up and staying there. So most morning I wake up look out at the picket line of people yelling at me, trying to burn my place down, et cetera. Nice I pour water on the fires and say it's okay, everybody, but now we've done the right thing. We've been down here for a few weeks now, and yeah, just doing our bit.
Speaker 2: As the government says, it's a strange time. It's obviously because the last time I spoke to you, I gave you a call to say, hey, well done for your first appearance on Front bar as joining the panel, and you did an outstanding job, and we were talking about footy and we were kind of guessing that, you know, the footy might be canceled and what strange season if it's going to be a season at two And then now in this situation, I don't know if you know, you're probably just woken up a half an hour ago, Danny Andrews saying, were it's stage three. So what are you doing Dane today? Andy? Are you trying to work out every day and you've got some kind of like daily routines?
Speaker 3: Well, you know me, I'm a figure of fitness, so of course no, essentially, I've been trying to get through the chores that I've been putting off for you. That's been the main thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my wife is this to her? Is heaven? Me trapped in doors? And same probably as back all those things. I'm too I'm too busy. I've got meetings to go and do.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: You haven't got any meetings now, you're it's it's like the movie Misery. But if he was, if he was made to do household chores by Kathy.
Speaker 3: Yes, there is not a squeaky door in my house anymore, I promise you.
Speaker 2: And what are you doing together? Because obviously we're spending more time with the hat and the half. So are you trying? Are you going through like the top one hundred movies together? My wife and I've started to watch old episodes of Colombo and within the first five minutes we both have to write down who we think the murderer is put it on a piece of paper. And I actually think that, you know, when we all come out of this, and we will that I think that people like Betfair and stuff like that should do pop up adverts during murder mystery things like Midsummer Murders and Columbo, where you can go bet now.
Speaker 1: Who do you think it is?
Speaker 3: Honestly need something? See what I said, there should be a market on whether my relationships of ours, in fact, on all relationships. I don't think they still get again through that kind of thing. No, no, no, I put sure money on them. But yeah, for for Beck and I, look, we do a lot of hiding from each other, whether we're in that. We have been in a silent war over the internal heating in the house. I keep going fast and turning it off. She keeps turning it back on. Neither of neither of us have seen each other turn it on or Off're right.
Speaker 2: It's a silent It's a silent war that must never be spoken about. But you both, you both do it. I do it with my Well, obviously you've met my daughter. So I share my house with three, three women, so there's three of them that are doing it. Be high my back, and I'm constantly. I had a friend of mine in the end he took the fuses to work with him, I'm not joking, and then when he came home from work handy, he put them back in and he never told his wife. One day she called electrician out to go I don't know what it's broken anywhere someone's taking the fuse out of this and had it away. You might want to do that. It's just a suggestion, and he's trying to say the relationship that.
Speaker 3: Requires me knowing when the fuse bock has been I'm not the most investicated reader. Yeah, that's a great idea. But yeah, we're going. But we did The Tiger King on Netflix in one city.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the weekend. It's almost two At times I was pausing it, going, what what do you mean?
Speaker 5: It was?
Speaker 2: It's the craziest if you're not seeing it's on Netflix. It started over the weekend called The Tiger King. How would you describe it if people haven't seen it yet.
Speaker 3: I would stay tuned in for the mallets. The story itself. Look, it's about anim or cruelty, which is really confronting at times. Hamish and I have seen some crazy people in our travels, and these guys take the cake. I mean, I'm not normally shocked with the people's behavior, but the way that Americans, particularly redneck Americans, when you watch that.
Speaker 2: But Andy, don't you think when you watch that documentary you go, oh, that's why Trump got in Yeah, No, No, that's why he probably staying. Because you can own a pet snow leopard in floy in temperatures of seventy two degrees when there's like how can that be? Okay?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and have enough money to make your own film clips about and sing about them at quite a pretty good production value. Being about the whole docco I reckon.
Speaker 2: I went on Spotify to see if any of his music was available because I actually didn't think I didn't think his voice was that bad.
Speaker 3: No, that was the surprising thing.
Speaker 2: It's not on Spotify. Shame on Spotify. I demand Joe's music, breathe. We need it in these desperate times.
Speaker 3: Yes, there might be a few rights issues, no knowing where he is at the moment, and the whole thing that he's an administration, isn't he? He told his whole business. So maybe Carol, if people have seen it, maybe she owns the rights now. She took everything else.
Speaker 2: This morning we were talking about on the show about what are you never ever going to take for granted again? Because we're under so many restrictions right now, and rightly so for the safety and everybody else's safety, and we all need to do the right thing, But it makes you re evaluate your life, the things you take for granted every day, because we all do, because we're all just busy trying to get through the day. But what do you think you're never ever going to take for granted again? And are you missing footy?
Speaker 3: Footy? But I think you can. I've actually found it remarkable, how like I'd watched five games a weekend and realize that I can survive with not doing that. I missed it for sure.
Speaker 2: I hope Gil isn't listening to this right now. And you're beloved blues as well, so you can live without them.
Speaker 3: No, I can't live about them. But it's not high on the list. I would say. The height of the on the list of me is just catching up with a mate for a beer and I'm dying to go out and play golf again. But yeah, maybe the two things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's amazing how you really really missed them, don't you?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 2: It's a real like what am I? And what are you doing with your time? Apart from obviously household chores? I mean, what is your day today? What's ahead of you?
Speaker 3: I've got I've been reading my kids' books. I saw the parents that are stuck with Vick.
Speaker 2: This is a great idea.
Speaker 3: So at eleven am each day, I've reading one of my books and I've got the final one today and so I'm instagram Live. Andy tom Lee is my Instagram and I've had that many parents reach out emailing or direct messaging saying thank you for giving a twenty minute respite in the day because obviously they've been having kids at home from school a bit earlier than they suspected. So that's what today's starts looks like. And in the front by going ahead, we're going to be back on air on Wednesday night a special isolation edition.
Speaker 2: How are you doing that? Because they're also you're all so close together behind the bar. Yeah, no, no more than two people. Danny Andrew said, no more than two people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I'm not sure. I mean, I haven't seen what Daniel said this morning, so it might have all changed. I'mbout to find out the meeting that Scott Morrison said. You know, people in their workplaces, as long as they're doing social distancing, things still go in. We're going to we only have literally the camera and the four of us that go in, and we're all spaced around the studio with our four meter square meters easy.
Speaker 2: I'm so glad the show's back on. People really need it. It's such a funny show. We really need that.
Speaker 3: I think we're doing an isolation special is much so we'll see if that's happening.
Speaker 2: But do you know, I've just realized, obviously Mick has got that thing going on with his hair. He's gone Joe exotic before it came a thing he is. I just realized I'm going to call it now, Mick molloy is this country's Joe Exotic. Has he got a tiger out there that place?
Speaker 3: I mean he burgs for the tigers.
Speaker 2: He's turning to exotic.
Speaker 7: He used to cover the next one the.
Speaker 2: Only time he's went ahead of the curb.
Speaker 7: Mate agreed.
Speaker 3: And the other thing I just realized as well, is he's got a terrible haircut, and haircuts are band for the next for theble future.
Speaker 2: I started to look at myself yesterday, going I'm going to have to learn how to go on YouTube about how to trim your own hair.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just order to go woolly. I mean, if there's ever an excuse to try a different style, particularly something a bit longer. I think he can and under the circumstance, and he haven't.
Speaker 2: You as a guy, had the same kind of hair since you're about sixteen, and it's kind of just stuck like that. It just makes life.
Speaker 3: Easier, exactly. I remember when I was younger, I went into I think I was probably about grade six and I just watch the Fresh Prince of bel Air and I went in and I asked for a flat top and the lady explained to me that you can't have a flat top, and I couldn't understand why.
Speaker 2: And then just those two dollar barbers where they just have one standard short back inside and that's all it is.
Speaker 3: No, I mean, they have different different cuts, but the problem is that I don't have African American hair.
Speaker 2: So you're no Will Smith.
Speaker 3: That was that was the real issue, the fact that I'm not going to be able to cut my hair. And she's trying to like but I've seen it. I'm telling you.
Speaker 2: Things that have held you back, and I think the lack of Afro American hair has actually been something which has hindered your whole career. To be honest, you could have been if you had that frow. Just who you could have been.
Speaker 3: I would have been rappid by now you know, I got a self isolated with all my bling and sixteen different women.
Speaker 2: That is what you're doing out Then a peninsula, isn't it. Bex just runs the harem.
Speaker 3: She's a madame now unfortunately she's well I should.
Speaker 2: You'll be self isolating, self isolating. Now all right, listen, I'll let you go. So you're going to be eleven o'clock on Instagram live yep. Yeah, and then hopefully front Bar on Wednesday night.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, boy, Take care well Chad soon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, take care Semma bester Beck as well, take care ady, cheers make.
Speaker 1: Chris John O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: That is it for us this morning. Thank you very much for listening. Title of today's show is Dad Top. If you want to email me Mishard lyrics or anything, as always, email address always open to you is Christian at gold one four three dot com dot au. Tomorrow more of your entries as you try and win the fifty thousand dollars Home Renovation or Thanks to House Rules High Stakes starting April on seven, starts this Sunday at seven on seven. You just need to make a little homemade jingle about why your home needs a renovation. This morning's winner going through the Friday, Damon.
Speaker 15: Here's a bit of his Christian I need a reno. I've got three kids under four. Mind is aching? Body sore? I would love a study.
Speaker 13: With tamberflows and a bedroom for my new born.
Speaker 15: Patio.
Speaker 2: Oh today's winner.
Speaker 15: Oh some male fresh girl dining A place for my eyes.
Speaker 2: I surely have to do like Damon. Then homemade jingle about why your home needs a renovation. It's a fifty thousand dollars renovation as well. Head to gold one four three dot com dot au help me. He did pretty good at that. All right, We're back tomorrow morning. Stay safe, Christian
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Podcast