Speaker 1: It needs to pick up around Australia with Britt, Laura and Mitch thanks to Chemist Warehouse heading today Great Savings every Day.
Speaker 2: I'm about to tell you a story that's going to make you never want to stay in an Airbnb ever again in your life, in your existance. There is a TikToker. Alexa is her name, and she recently. She's American. She recently went away with seven girlfriends to an Airbnb for her hands party. The creepiest thing you could ever imagine unfolded. They discovered in this single story no stair Airbnb. Now I say that because that's specified on the Airbnb listing, like a flat level house. They discovered a secret door.
Speaker 3: Have a listen, there's a beautiful home. Everything was initially going very well until one of the girls noticed that there was a false door that led to a staircase upstairs. And this wouldn't be an issue, but the Airbnb posting said that there was no staircase and that this was a single family home.
Speaker 2: Hang on, that was her fiance right now. Let me tell you how this unfolded. Seven girls are partying and I don't know if they lean against this wall, but it's not it's not a door. It's like a secret trapdoor wall and it opens like stuff for nightmares. And there's a staircase into the roof. Now this is single story. Hang on low, I can't start to walk up the stairs. And then they're like, let's not do this, so they don't go all the way up. They turn around, close the door. They're like, do you know what? Okay, so they didn't specify, so wart there's another room, so what let's just try and have a good night. They continue on the night. Now they're out in the backyard. It's on the waterfront. There's a hot tub. Now they know that the CCTV because there's cameras right and a lot of those big beautiful houses has CCTV. But usually they the cameras don't move. They're positioned on the front doors and that you know. They notice that when these girls are walking around into the hot tubs and stuff, the cameras are following them. No, it's tracking them. Maybe they just didn't want them to ruin the AB and B. They were keeping close eye, very vigilant. Okay, so they're like still a little bit weird. Then they get into the hot tub and one of he goes to push one of the jets on. Then they get a message, a reminder, just reminding you, guys, don't don't play with the jets in the hot tub tonight. Obviously they're watching. Then the creepiest thing, don't don't duh. They look up into the top of the ceiling attic and there's a little window in there, and then a man appears in the room. No he does. I wish I was kidding.
Speaker 1: He was watching them.
Speaker 2: They watching them. They got out, They literally left. They were like what.
Speaker 3: Do they do?
Speaker 2: They left? They were They called and they're like, something's going wrong. Someone needs to get here.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they call. Well, they called the host of the airbnb and they called the police and they're like ship is going downs. Yeah, basically because because they said, oh I'm sorry, I'm I'm half an hour away. I'll get there as quick as I can. And then like two minutes later they turned up. They were like there. They just came around in front of the house. It was wild. They ended up leaving. So they were a creepy pp in trapdoor, secret rooms in attics watching. I mean, this is stuff that nightmares are made of. Britt absolute nightmares. Have you ever had like an airbnb thing? Nothing that even remotely compares to this.
Speaker 1: No. I stayed to theirbing b in la We tried to save money and we got one around the corner from Disneyland. We turn off and it's a room in someone's house and it is like ned Flanders house in real life. They have had a Bible passage Leviticus on the front door. And they agreed to this and said, so so blessed to have your two friends here share brought together by your love of Disneyland. I'm like, yeah, something like that. Then we go to the bedroom and they go, hope you're okay to share a bed, like, we'll make do well.
Speaker 2: You like, we'll put a pillow for down the middle so we don't touch each other.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it wasn't that bad, but it was just an awkward situation because they're living in the house. You're so right, you can't really step on their toes.
Speaker 2: In England, in Oxford, my sister and I were living over there and we were airbing being a place and the only thing we could afford because it was so expensive, is an attic, So we lived in an attic. We lived through a trapdoor to call it trapdoor. You used to have to climb used to go into this tiny little room. Right there was outside entrance. You opened an outside door. You were in a two y two room and there was just in front of you a really steep ladder to the roof. We would push the roof open, climb into our room. One room that had a kitchen camped open a bedroom. What I'm getting from this is that it was you and the roof. Brit No, it was, and then yeah, could have been. And then you put the trap door back down because that was the floor of your kitchen, so you had no room to move right anyway, we were coming and going like normal. We didn't lock the trap door because we locked the bottom door on the way out. We were under the impressions we were the only people living there. After about three weeks, I scurried backwards down the ladder and turned around and there was a Ukrainian man with his face in my face in this two by two and I screamed and I was like, what are you doing here? And he pushed open a part of the wall at the bottom of trap door. He lived in the wall no in Oxford in England. He lived in the wall. Because so I lived in the roof and crazy man lived in the wall. We're both as shocked. He was in the room, was like, why is this woman coming out of my room?
Speaker 1: He kills the same story, but he goes. Then the beautiful Australian girl slid down the walkway. I was self frightened, brood right into me.
Speaker 2: Oh great, this is the weirdest story.
Speaker 1: Do you have an experience like that?
Speaker 2: Hit us up on the pickup if you have any more reasons to stay in a hotel, like, come at me. But that's before the roof. All right, we're back after this. On the pickup