Speaker 1: Laura, come on, Oh my god, we're all changed people today.
Speaker 2: Hello, everybody. Life will never be the same. I'm still living in my Taylor Swift moment. I've worn my bedazzled hair gems. I've brought them into studio today, so I've worn them all day.
Speaker 3: You just look like you haven't showered yet since the concert. Oh, I should thank you.
Speaker 4: You're like, I don't want to rub the tailor off me. What are you saying? I don't look like I've gone home. I look great.
Speaker 5: I've done a shower and my makeup. I just left my hair bedazzles in.
Speaker 1: The three of us went to Taylor Swift, which, in the weirdest way possible. We all went, but none of us went together. We all went Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
Speaker 3: We really wanted to split out the experience. We were on completely separate nights. I went on Friday, you went on Saturday. Brit was there on Sunday night.
Speaker 5: We see each other every day of the week. I was like, let me have some experiences on my own.
Speaker 6: We needed a break. Did we all have a life changing experience? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I am legally changing my name. I will now be Taylor Hockley.
Speaker 6: That's terrible for your career if you really want to make it.
Speaker 4: It was like nothing I could have ever imagined. And I've been to Taylor Swift.
Speaker 5: I went to her reputation concert was like twenty eighteen, so a long time ago, so I know how amazing she is and I had high expectations.
Speaker 4: But it blew my expectations out of the water.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I thought it was a bit much. He did know a lot.
Speaker 4: Of you rocking out. That is an absolute lie.
Speaker 3: But there are I reckon, there's two types of people in Australia right now. There's everyone who went to the Tailor Swift concerts who cannot get over how amazing it is, and then everyone else who wishes those people would stop talking about it. Yeah, and that's us, That's who we're the other ones, the one that people want us to stop talking about today.
Speaker 1: We're both we went and we're obnoxious and we're going to keep talking about it.
Speaker 5: Was.
Speaker 4: It was life changing, It was amazing.
Speaker 1: It was it was we're actually going to discuss next pick up, put down his back the Australia's face.
Speaker 6: It afternoon, pick me up.
Speaker 4: Tell me that you tried to pick some things that a non Taylor related though.
Speaker 1: There's a couple tailor in there, and there's a couple non Taylor, but I can edit on the fly in the song.
Speaker 4: But we also have some more Taylor Swift flights.
Speaker 1: Yeah we do so if you missed out, Yeah, we're throwing a Taylor Swift encore in Singapore.
Speaker 6: So that's where she's heading.
Speaker 1: And we're going to give you accommodation and an entire row of tickets to see the errors tour in Singapore coming up.
Speaker 6: Before the end of the show today.
Speaker 3: Some of you thought it was over, but it's absolutely all right.
Speaker 6: That's on the way. Welcome to pick Up.
Speaker 1: Happy Monday everyone, it's Monday. We need to do this pick Up classic. People in the street yell at me on the weekend Mitch on Monday? Are you going to play?
Speaker 4: And I say the pickup put down?
Speaker 6: Yeah, of course we're gonna play.
Speaker 4: It has been a classic for a solid eight eight weeks.
Speaker 6: Yeah about that since we came back.
Speaker 4: It's really sticking, isn't it. I like it. I'm here for it.
Speaker 6: I bring you the big topics from the weekend and Britain.
Speaker 1: Laura, it's your job to either pick it up, carry on the conversation or put it down, put it to bed.
Speaker 6: We never discussed it again. Are we ready to play today?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 1: Today we are discussing the moon landing that happened this weekend.
Speaker 6: What pick it up?
Speaker 5: But I'm embarrassed to say it didn't this happen because I was engulfed in Taylor Swift.
Speaker 4: I didn't.
Speaker 3: I don't even know how to answer this because I literally did.
Speaker 4: How does somebody land.
Speaker 3: On the Moon and it goes unknown? Taylor Swift is touring just bigger than the Moon.
Speaker 6: She is.
Speaker 1: The United States bulled off its first moon landing in more than half a century. They had a spacecraft built and operated by a Texas based private company. The last time it happened in nineteen seventy two. But yeah, we landed on the Moon on the wed.
Speaker 3: How disappointed would you be for the lack of pr that is received across the world when Taylor Swift is touring.
Speaker 4: She just overtook the fact that you landed on the moon. What's the astronaut's name?
Speaker 6: We don't know? Neil Armstrong? Neil is that.
Speaker 5: Funny TAYLOR'SWS backup dancer that says one word is named cam, but we don't know who The man had just.
Speaker 6: Landed on the Neil Armstrong was the first person to walk on.
Speaker 3: That's the only one like. Name me, one other astronaut name me. The second guy who there as well, no one knows the name.
Speaker 6: The second guy was buzz aldron.
Speaker 4: Oh there we go. Okay, I'm glad you knew. But everyone again buzz buzz.
Speaker 6: And then there was that dog that went out. All right.
Speaker 1: Question two, what about this taking off your heels on a night out before you get home?
Speaker 4: Pick up?
Speaker 3: But I'm also curious as to how this made headline news this week.
Speaker 1: Well, actress Elizabeth de Becky she won her SAG speech, like you know how they win, the may go to the press room after to talk to the media.
Speaker 6: She pulled off her heels to thank.
Speaker 4: You for Yeah, completely fine.
Speaker 3: When you say she pulled off her heels, did you just rip them off a shoes?
Speaker 6: She took her shoes off. This is the moment I don't have any shoes on sexy.
Speaker 7: Hello, truly, I was not expecting this people say that, and I really am not barefoot at the SAgs.
Speaker 4: It's all right, we wear we wear high heels.
Speaker 6: For other people.
Speaker 4: Don't we We were made to wear them by probably patriarchy. I'm going to do it, got deep real quick, Yes, Mitchell does. I'm all for it.
Speaker 3: But I do think that there's something a little bit rogue, Like after the races, for example, when you see all the girls walking around they're a bit boozed up and they've got no shoes on.
Speaker 4: I'm like, it's not good, but it's actually super scabby.
Speaker 5: And I say that because the things that you walk, if you're in the city some or not even the city, but like the things that you are on the ground, spit who it's just not putting them in your round?
Speaker 6: Where are you walking? Were you in New Delhi on the weekend? There was a there was a cow bell, and there was a donkey.
Speaker 4: Okay, what's the next one, Mitch?
Speaker 6: Reclining your seat on an airplane.
Speaker 4: Pick up?
Speaker 3: As soon as that, literally the second I can recline, I'm reclining and going to sleep with my mouth open.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, this video went viral on socials on the weekend. This a woman was venting about a passenger that shoved her seat after reclining it.
Speaker 6: She was on a ten hour flight.
Speaker 4: Ah harror flight.
Speaker 7: I kept pushing the button and pushing my seat back because she was like inching it forward the entire plate. It was so annoying.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, but I think that you should be able to reclaim your seat on a tower fly. I told her.
Speaker 7: I was like, if you.
Speaker 2: Want to be comfy, you get first class, but bebe like everyone's doing it, I'm gonna do it.
Speaker 3: I completely agree. That's so stupid. If you're in a ten hour flight, reclimb your seat like that's.
Speaker 4: One hundred percent. Anyone that says you're not allowed to do it do a fart on that.
Speaker 3: I think it's please don't fight on people, don't go to assault, which I'm pretty sure is what that'd be classified as.
Speaker 4: But I think, Okay, if it's a.
Speaker 3: Short flight, you're just flying from Sydney to Brisbane or something, it's the middle of the day, there's no need to recline your flight. But if it's an overnight or a long haul flight, you reclined that baby, no need.
Speaker 4: Laura, But you're still entitled to it if you choose to.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 6: But I say, during meal service, you're up that chair.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, I agree with that decorum here respect. We're not animals.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now we're not walking through the main street walking in ow and Doug p and they we're not a.
Speaker 4: Monkey on the moon. Hey, talking about RSPCT. Yeah, Travis Kelsey, I mean have you heard about this?
Speaker 3: Okay, So Taylor Swift, she's just banned Travis kelcey from doing something in Las Vegas, And I wanted to know is there anything that you guys have banned your partners from doing?
Speaker 6: Right, we'll take your calls next here at the pickup.
Speaker 3: All right, well, thirteen one oh six five, I want to know have you ever banned your partner from doing something? Put rules and regulations into your relationship? Now, the reason why this has come up is because and I know everyone's talking about Taylor Swift.
Speaker 6: Oh that's just a lot of Taylor chops.
Speaker 4: Okay, we'll bear with me for a little bit longer.
Speaker 3: So Travis Kelsey, Taylor's boyfriend was here, he was in Sydney at her concerts. He's just flown from here to Vegas. Apparently she's put some rules and regulations in place as to how he's allowed to behave when he's over there in Vegas. So he's not allowed to go to any strip clubs. Strip clubs have been strictly banned. He's also not allowed to pose in any photos with female fans because she's worried about the types of headlines that might come out.
Speaker 4: Now, obviously this is all just speculation. It's very old.
Speaker 3: I don't and I kind of don't either, Like I don't, I can't imagine someone like Taylor Swift is so insecure that she needs to put rules in her relationships. But maybe she's been burnt so many times by boyfriend RAN's behaving badly that she's just at the point where she's like, do you know what, if you want to be with me, you can't do X, Y and Z.
Speaker 1: He's also a world class football his management would be saying the exact same thing. Don't be spotted out with a girl, don't be spotted in a strip club.
Speaker 5: But also, we're just making this sound I say, we the media making it sound like Taylor Swift has like a stranglehold. Yeah, which is why I would like to say that I disagree with it. The media making it sound like Taylor Stift has a stranglehold on him and she's imposing all these rules and regulations there are a lot of people out there that don't like their partners going to strip clubs.
Speaker 4: Whether you're uber famous or not, that.
Speaker 5: Is just what your boundary is in a relationship, let alone making her look like an idiot when he jets off and goes to.
Speaker 4: Strip club totally and Britt, I agree with this.
Speaker 3: So I mean my husband that he's just gone over to Vegas for the same thing.
Speaker 4: So he's over there to strip club to go to a strip club.
Speaker 1: We made you text him in the songs. Britt and I were like, wait, have you put these rules on Maddie too, and tell him that read the texts.
Speaker 3: No, he's there currently for the footy as well, and I was like, are you going to go to any strip clubs while you're over there?
Speaker 4: And he wrote no, like Paul's asking you.
Speaker 6: No, I was.
Speaker 3: I made it clear that it was for radio and that I wanted to know because I don't want him to think that I'm telling him what he can and can't do. But he firstly he said no, and then he wrote back a couple of messages later after discussing a few other things, and he was like, look, if other people from Ko and stuff are going and everyone's going, then maybe I'll go. He's like, I don't want to say completely a knowing case. That's the thing that we all do to.
Speaker 4: Leave it open. So I was like, wait, wait, are we now having a discussion about you going to strip club?
Speaker 6: Is that well?
Speaker 4: About him going to a strip club?
Speaker 3: Part of me felt like I didn't need to lay it down as it a rule because I kind of didn't expect that he would go.
Speaker 4: Would I care? I don't know. I think I would care a little bit if he was going to strip clubs in Vegas.
Speaker 1: Wait, Laura, he's going as it with Ko Ko Sports, right, they're paying for the trip for his podcast.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean they're not paying him for his trip of course presenting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's my point. So if he goes to a strip club, he's going to have to post it and write hashtag.
Speaker 6: Gifted hashtager tax deductible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's going to have Sabrina on his lap and he's going to go with the hashtag gifted things At Ko Sport, he.
Speaker 4: Gets a lap dance and it's going to be, yeah, a tax deduction.
Speaker 5: I asked Ben, my partner, this same thing, and I genuinely he's he was like, no, I don't really like them, to be honest, But I was like, look, I genuinely wouldn't care if you were going to them on a Bucks party or something. But if you were just going because you're like, it's bored on a Tuesday night, then it's a problem.
Speaker 6: Ellie's called us. What did you aband your partner from Ellie.
Speaker 5: From wearing final shirts?
Speaker 1: I hate them, I started.
Speaker 3: It's awful, Like wait is it because they're like, I mean, what kind of final shirts are we talking about?
Speaker 4: Because I like a man lumberjack?
Speaker 1: No, like that lumberjack Like check it.
Speaker 5: I just wore my partner Ben a lumberjack like jacket and he looks so in it. Not for me.
Speaker 1: I had a bad experience with the lumberjack perhaps Allly.
Speaker 6: Not at all.
Speaker 1: It's just a look. I just it's not a vibe.
Speaker 6: It's just not for me.
Speaker 1: Wait, have you brittle, Laura? Have you banned anything that's like not strip coup? Like, what weird bands do you have in your relationship?
Speaker 5: I've discussed this in my vicinity, Like you just have to leave the room, but just don't lift your butchet and let it rip on me.
Speaker 6: But if you still not fight in front of Ben, your partner.
Speaker 5: I accidentally let one slip. Yeah, well I accidentally let once.
Speaker 4: That was and then what did he do?
Speaker 5: He just thought it was the greatest thing ever. He had a field day because he thought closer to you, No, he did not. He thought it was funny because my rule is not to do it, and I did it. He just thought it was hilarious. But I was like, sorry, it's okay if it's an accident.
Speaker 3: I think when you're in a healthy relationship, you don't need to set rules on your partner and tell them what they're what they're things they can completely agree, yes, But when you're in a terribly toxic relationship, that's when you find yourself setting a lot of rules.
Speaker 5: You don't even let Matt have chewing gum or toothpaste that smells like mint, Laura.
Speaker 6: Coming, I hate when you're in a healthy relationship, there's no rules.
Speaker 1: Yet Matt has to wear green undies only, he has to use a certain shampoo.
Speaker 6: He's got a curfew.
Speaker 4: All right, I'll eat my own words.
Speaker 6: That's true.
Speaker 4: Okay, there's lots of rules whatever.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 4: Next on the show, we got our big brothers on the show. They're beloved, Will and Woody. They're going to be joining in us. We're going to talk about some pretty hot topics.
Speaker 1: Well, everyone's loving Taylor Swift tickets, but they've got tickets to the next hot event in town, Like Taylor's leaving the country, the next celeb's in town, Will and what are you going to look after you with?
Speaker 6: So they'll announce that way and.
Speaker 4: They're big celebs coming to town too. Even I was like, who's coming Laura Hanson?
Speaker 6: Tell us now, Laura, let's go to some ads. We'll come back. Willhelm, what are you on with us next?
Speaker 4: Guys?
Speaker 3: I saw possibly the I don't even know how to describe this because as it was happening, I was like, surely this isn't happening. Possibly the craziest thing that I have seen a mother with a newborn baby experience. And this happened like right next to me at the beach. Okay, So to set the scene, I was sitting there, I had my two kids and they're you know, they're a bit older now, they're running around like crazy. Matt was next to me, and then sitting on the same wooden seats was this mum who had her newborn baby, tiny tiny little thing, and her husband had just gone down to the water, down to the pools, right. So she's there and she's just putting sunscreen on, and you can tell she's a new mum. You can tell that she's her first time mom. She's thinks so gentle with this little baby, and she's fussing over him. And then she stands up, and as she stands up, this woman approaches. She was kind of an older lady, and she walks up and she just out of nowhere takes the baby out of the mother's arms. And I thought it must have been like her mother in law or a relative.
Speaker 4: Anyway. I was kind of this is all happening by perifery.
Speaker 3: She picks up the baby and she's cuddling the baby, and then she starts joking like.
Speaker 4: Hah, I'm not going to give him back. And then I can tell the mother is getting a little bit more.
Speaker 3: She's being very, very polite, but she's obviously uncomfortable by what's going on there. And that's when it dawned on me that she had no idea who this woman was whatsoever. She'd never seen her before in her life, and this older woman just came up and took her baby.
Speaker 6: It was a random woman, A completely.
Speaker 3: Random woman came up, took her baby and wanted to hold it because she thought it.
Speaker 4: Was so cute. And then what happened.
Speaker 3: Well, I sat there and I was like, do I say something? And this was as I was unfolding. I was about to interject myself. Then I was like, I don't want to be the one that's overbearing. And I could tell that she was just being so so polite, Like the mum was being so polite. Anyway, it would have lasted like not long, but in totally maybe four minutes, right, but for not long when you just stood there.
Speaker 4: No, I guess I stood there, Flora in life.
Speaker 3: Four minutes of this mum being uncomfortable and like wanting to get her baby back, and this woman not reading between the lines and pretending she's like, ha haha.
Speaker 4: I run away with the baby.
Speaker 5: I don't think you need to be diplomatic if a woman has come and kidnapped your child. I think you can just ask. You don't have to beat around the bulls. You can excuse me, give me my child back. I don't know who you are, but I think for me.
Speaker 3: This was a real example of how sometimes people want to be polite not to offend someone. And it wasn't until I mean, like I said, it took me a little while to even realize what was going on. And then once it was I realized what was happening was unfolding, I was like, do I interrupt here? Do I say something and tell this woman to give the baby back?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Hi, I host a sex and wellness podcast if this is on, and I'm going to be discussing this on Monday.
Speaker 4: No, was a woman, she would have been like in a mid to late seventies.
Speaker 1: That's my old people. Old and I'm not trying to shame the old people, but old people. It's it's okay, okay, No, it's okay, because you should see my olmer at the cafe. If her cappuccino isn't scolding hot, she will scream.
Speaker 4: They just have different a different generation too.
Speaker 5: They're from a generation where it used to be that real takes a village and you probably could have gone and done that, and the mother probably would be like, oh, thank god, take her for a while. I feel I'm not making excuses at all.
Speaker 6: I don't think you.
Speaker 4: Can do it.
Speaker 5: But when you hit that generation, I sort of understand where it came from. It's not like it's a young woman that's like, oh god, child and runs off. It's like it's like a mother. Hen that's like, I probably see that you're having a bit of trouble. Give me a second. Eighteen grand kids and I.
Speaker 1: Talk to me, they call me, but little Tucker, I was just his area and I didn't have them in my day.
Speaker 6: I pushed it out, you know, like.
Speaker 3: I know, but still, surely there has to be some boundaries that at some point you say, Okay, I know you're old and maybe this is the maybe this is the most joyful thing you've experienced this week, but give my baby back. Seven year olds don't have boundary.
Speaker 6: Did she have leathery skin?
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's at Bondo Beach and the sun had been doing that for seventy five years.
Speaker 6: White bleach hair. I think I know the woman. I actually think she helped deliver me at Karina.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I disagree, I I yeah, I think it's open.
Speaker 6: Let us know on the pickup socials DMS, is it okay?
Speaker 3: No, it's not okay. You can't take someone's baby. You can't have been pat someone's dog. You don't know, So Mitch, go and put the baby back.
Speaker 6: I don't have no baby.
Speaker 1: Just here in your Balenciaga bag swaddling a newborn. Oh yeah, slide into the DMS. Let us know if it's okay. Also, while you're there, go to the pickup dot com dot au because it's back this week your little wins of the week.
Speaker 6: We're gonna look after you.
Speaker 1: That. Yeah, five hundred dollar Chemist Warehouse gift card. We just want to know what your little win this week was.
Speaker 4: It's give me an old lady writing I held a baby.
Speaker 1: It could be basically even if we got someone writing and going. I needed a break and some woman at the beach held my baby for me, and it was the best minute of my life.
Speaker 4: I could have gone both ways. It did not happen. No, she was very upset.
Speaker 6: Maybe five hundred the Chemist Warehouse cash could be yours.