Speaker 1: Come on here o Friday afternoon.
Speaker 2: Hello Friday. I have never been more happy to see you both. You Friday, you, Britt you Mitch. No, but Friday, because you know what that means your today is what Friday afternoon? It means no more book Week. It means I don't have to try and find another costume to dress my children, No more of this. I have a whole year now to plan costumes for next year, and I'm not going to make the same mistakes.
Speaker 3: Isn't it nice not having to worry about book week?
Speaker 2: Mitch?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: Can I just say I woke up this morning, I had a coffee and I thought, thank god, book Week's over.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because I was going to say, wh Laura is like, oh thank god. I was like, it hasn't even crossed my mind all week.
Speaker 2: Beating a parent is amazing. It is so fulfilling. It feels you with so much joy. It is the rule, you know. I mean, it's a very thankless job, and book week really sucks, but that's great.
Speaker 4: No, I can't wait for a twelve months time when Laura doesn't care about bookweek again and forgets. She's like, next week will be great and better and they'll I'll have Harry Potter and Hermione costumes.
Speaker 2: No, No, it's gonna be the same content next year.
Speaker 1: Rolls around the happy end of book week everyone.
Speaker 2: Thank you to all the mums and dads out then celebrating the end of book week. I feel you and isolute.
Speaker 1: You on the show today.
Speaker 4: Interestingly enough, I think everyone keeps little things from their partner.
Speaker 1: Would you say a little.
Speaker 2: Matt still doesn't know that I'm the one who I'm scratched his wheels on the car.
Speaker 1: I think that's a common one.
Speaker 4: Things like that, Yeah, but but potentially bigger. Yeah, he's listening in knows you're not alone if you keep secrets from your partner.
Speaker 1: And I'll tell you why.
Speaker 4: Next on the pick up for your Friday thanks to Chemist ware House heading today great savings every Day.
Speaker 1: He hates the pickup with Britt, Laura and Mitch here.
Speaker 4: Right around Australia, rush into Chemists ware House this Father's Day for big brand fragrances at the lowest prices. Chemist to our house, Great savings every day. So you or are happily married to your beautiful Maddie Jay.
Speaker 2: Yes, as is a statement of moment concur.
Speaker 1: I'm just going through my tick, Liss.
Speaker 4: Correct, married, Britt, you are happily incoupled with your beautiful, gorgeous boyfriend Benjamin.
Speaker 5: Yep, definitely no marriage yet if he's listening. Not opposed to it, but yes, that's correct.
Speaker 4: I'm nearly single after your tumultuous breakup and just tick that I almost forgot and now I've reminded myself. The reason I'm asking is because there's this trend going viral online, and it is people talking about lies that they keep or little secrets that they share they don't share with their partner that are wholesome, that are small, they're not big enough, they're not cheating.
Speaker 2: It's not infidelity, just little white lies like the lies you tell your children are the same ones that you tell your partner.
Speaker 1: Exactly. We all have those lies that you just go they don't need to know. Sometimes you have to do that.
Speaker 2: Also, not all lies are created equal. I think it's okay to have some secrets from your partner.
Speaker 1: Well, here are some examples.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: One girlfriend says, my husband gets excited about bag fries when we get fast food. So when I pass out the food in the back, I always take a few of my fries out and sprinkle them into the bottom of the bag.
Speaker 2: Oh it's cute. Yeah, like she thinks that there's extra ones.
Speaker 4: He just thinks that they've fallen out, and he gets so excited bag fries, bag fries.
Speaker 1: But she does so he gets excited.
Speaker 5: Done that in reverse, like I would have quickly taken the bag fries and eaten them so he couldn't get them.
Speaker 1: What about this?
Speaker 4: Whenever someone else says whenever he's having a really bad day, I'll reach out to his mum and say that he misses her. She'll usually call him that day or the next, but it always makes him feel a lot better. He thinks that his mum has a special mum sense and knows when to call him when he's feeling bad.
Speaker 1: It's really cute.
Speaker 2: Oh these are so nice. I mean, I'm cute. He's a lovely I mean. I lied to my beautiful husband, Matt, and it was a white lie. But it was because I scratched the tires on his car and then I said that they was already like that when I over drove the car. I just denied it and gas led him into believing maybe he did it.
Speaker 1: That's just gaslighting.
Speaker 2: So is that just bad lying? Where's the line between what's a bad line a good life? I was hoping for some like more.
Speaker 3: Salacious white lies like that.
Speaker 2: Maybe aren't so, you.
Speaker 5: Know, like I ate the last block of chocolate quickly, and then I went and had to buy another one to replace it, so that they would never know.
Speaker 1: I've got one.
Speaker 2: I often tell Matt that I'm really tired and I'm going to bed, but really I lay in bed on Instagram.
Speaker 1: Oh we all do that for forty five We've all been there.
Speaker 2: And then I quickly turn it off when I hear him coming and pretend I'm asleep so we won't have sex with me. Just see when you're on lone sometime. Because I am tired and I wanted to go to sleep, but I got distracted.
Speaker 3: He's in the lounde room on Instagram looking at you're online.
Speaker 1: No, I do his cognito mode.
Speaker 2: That's not a f Instagram.
Speaker 1: Just have sex with your husband.
Speaker 2: No, don't make me.
Speaker 1: I'm tired and gorgeous.
Speaker 2: You know what happened last time. I have two children to prove it.
Speaker 1: He's a beautiful man.
Speaker 2: I I know, poor guy, but I might put.
Speaker 1: A wig on and put on some and line in your bed one night and so I'm ready something happened to you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was just thinking if I share it or not, because Ben, I'll listen.
Speaker 5: I'm a really bad cork and I'm really bad in the kitchen and I hate it.
Speaker 1: I live alone.
Speaker 5: I never want to do it, so I usually eat pretty badly and I have a really bad habit of just having cocoa pops or a bowl of cereal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know the brit special is she has chicken and nugget dinosaurs.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 5: My partner, Ben is an athlete, a professional athlete. He's very healthy and very twist finish soccer. He plays football. Yeah, he always worries about me, and he doesn't live here. He lives over in Scotland, so he can't watch what I'm eating.
Speaker 2: Or cook for me.
Speaker 3: So he always hassles me and he's like, what are you having for dinner?
Speaker 5: Or what if you had for dinner? Let me know, talk with your it send me a picture. So I often will just like sit down with my bowl of coca pubs and I'll just find like a picture online of hallow fresh off a meal, and that someone else has taken and I'm to send it to him and I'll just pretend that I've cooked a hallow fresh Wait.
Speaker 1: You're googling hollow fresh finished meals.
Speaker 5: Or I'll go back through like my phone as if I've ever taken a photo of a meal, and then I just send it to him and I just pretend.
Speaker 2: Brit what did you send a double? And he's like, this is a recycled food pick that you sent me two months ago.
Speaker 1: I literally pictured this.
Speaker 5: I'm sitting on the lounge et in my Coca Pops and I'm just like, press send on a generic hollow fresh meal and that's it.
Speaker 2: And he's like, oh, that looks really good. Lots of veggies. I was like, well, that's a veggies.
Speaker 1: That's gold, that's gold.
Speaker 2: Oh oh well, if you want to have another laugh.
Speaker 3: I had to talk.
Speaker 5: My knees, my twelve year old niece through the Birds and the Bees on the weekend. Somehow this got dumped on me and I found myself talking birds and the bees, talking science, talking embryos, talking egg freezing, how things are made, not a lab. It didn't go down that well, all.
Speaker 1: Right, I can't wait to hear that went out, I'll do an eggs on the pickup.
Speaker 4: It's the pickup with Britt, Laura and Mitch here thanks to Chemist Warehouse heading today great Savings every Day.
Speaker 3: I had a real let's grow up, real quick.
Speaker 5: Moment on the weekend. I had to give the sex talk of sorts to my niece.
Speaker 2: To my twelve year old niece, how did you get given the time?
Speaker 1: She has a mom?
Speaker 5: So we're at a family reunion there was and there were six of us, like my mom and my dad, my brother, my sister in law, and my niece. And we're talking about my egg freezing process and I just made a comment about an injection.
Speaker 2: She was like, what are we injecting for?
Speaker 5: Like, what's going on?
Speaker 2: And she's twelve.
Speaker 5: And I sort of looked at my sister Stacey as pleading across the table as if like, is this the track we go down?
Speaker 2: Do we talk about this now?
Speaker 3: Do you want me to? And she sort of looked at me, lean back in a chair, put her arms behind a.
Speaker 2: Head, and she goes, it's all your spirit.
Speaker 5: So I started to try to explain so not the not how babies are made. She's across that, but I tried I had to start explaining the signs behind egg freezing and then embryo freezing and how it's all made.
Speaker 1: It's a big topic.
Speaker 2: This is because you're going through your second round of egg freezing as well, so like, yeah, she needed to kind of have the context of what's happening.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah.
Speaker 2: She asked me, what are you talking about? Why are you injecting those needles?
Speaker 5: So I explained it to her, and then she didn't understand how that and that would turn into a baby. So I had didn't talk about embryos anyway. It was like a comedy of erarors. I didn't I was panicking, but I was trying to actually like I'm the grown adult that knows what to do. I didn't know the language to use. I had these arms. Sperm were like shooting out everywhere. There were eggs. There was a glass of water that was the Petrie dish.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 5: At one point I think I turned into a gecko because I was like, and then it's frozen in time like a gecko.
Speaker 3: On a wall, and I'd like splattered myself on the wall.
Speaker 2: Wait, what part of the fertility journey is splattered against a wall?
Speaker 1: No, that's what I said.
Speaker 5: I said that, I said, and then they freeze it in time, and I went like this, and I put my hands out and I was like, like a gecko frozen on a wall, because you know how when.
Speaker 3: You walk in and a gecko just stops on the wall.
Speaker 2: I hadn't never been more confused about fertility in my life.
Speaker 3: Well, let me just say it was an absolute hit.
Speaker 5: She completely understood. She's going to pass her biology class, her sex education class.
Speaker 1: Everything.
Speaker 3: I nailed it, and I feel like I walked away and I'm ready for parenthood.
Speaker 2: Brand How old is your niece? She's twelve. She thinks that babies are made by geko in a couple of whiles. No, no, she's not passing any sort of biology testing. Four kids, more confused.
Speaker 1: Than ever, She's going to be terrified of the garden forever.
Speaker 2: No, it was amazing. Babies are made in glasses of water and then the gecko that comes along and magically fertilized.
Speaker 3: Asked me a caller, call my sister, ask her how it went.
Speaker 1: I'm going to call number. That's Stacy, your sister, and your sister. Okay, yeah, that's called Stacey. See what she thinks.
Speaker 2: You're going to be responsible for the therapy sessions that this poor child's going to have to have.
Speaker 5: Do you know what, I actually had a lot of confidence, but I didn't actually think we've got to call us now.
Speaker 4: See what she says, Hello, Stacey, it's Britt, Laura and Mitch on the pickup.
Speaker 5: Hey, Hey, sorry, if you've got a second, I.
Speaker 2: Just need you to hopefully back me up.
Speaker 5: I was just telling the guys about the impromptu sex education, egg freezing embryo creating talk.
Speaker 3: That I had to give my beautiful little niece on the weekend.
Speaker 2: I thought, were really.
Speaker 1: Well, I need to tell Laura.
Speaker 2: Don't said this up, Stacy. I want to know why. Firstly, you entrusted Britt with the Birds and the Bees conversation.
Speaker 7: So there's some pinnacle moments in her parents life, as you would know, Laura, of certain situations that you've got to kind of swallow and just explain to his and one of them is the birds of the bees. Right, So thank god that to the education system here in Queensland is well ahead we were starting from. So that was great. But brit wife Britt does she went off on a bit of a storytelling adventure and trying to make it a little bit pd for my very mature thirty year old. So she did really well though, guys, but I wasn't too sure whether the explanation was set for David Attenborough or if it was actually set for our thirteen year olds.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the story what I'm hearing there, what I took away from that is is Brittany is a great storyteller.
Speaker 2: Thanks days, Thanks for great storyteller for a fiction novel.
Speaker 7: I don't know if you guys do this with your fanily. Growing up, you'd sit around, you know, at the kids table like Christmas and things like that, and you'd have stories about like, you know, the crazy art for you know, what Grandma did and things like that. And this definitely be one of those moments that my daughter will be sitting around at Christmas with her cousin. So do you remember the time that only britt told us about all of the birds and bees and everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm going to be that crazy person, you know what, I'm going to own that. I'm going to be the cooler aunt you, Brett. You're not teaching my kids about this, that's for sure.
Speaker 4: To be honest, you taught me quite a bit I learned a lot, Britt, so Gecko's I'm writing that one down.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Stacy, thanks for joining us.
Speaker 2: Thanks days.
Speaker 1: Oh your poor children.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, I had the most epic of group text fails this week, truly horrendous and having an apparent in group. And I want to know what are your worst group text fails?
Speaker 4: All right, that's next on the pick up everyone, It's the Pickup with Britt, Laura and Mitch. Thanks to Chemist Warehouse heading this Father's Day for big brand fragrances at the lowest prices. Chemist whare House great savings every day.
Speaker 2: Look, this week, I kicked off the week with possibly the worse group text fail that has ever existed.
Speaker 1: Yeah you told me.
Speaker 2: I was brought in onto a beautiful group message chat with all of the mums from daycare where they they love to exchange pleasantries about the kids, invite other kids to parties. It's a really lovely little group chat. And I've been just a fly on the wall in that group chat.
Speaker 1: And you never, you don't even buit it. You don't say I just like to watch.
Speaker 2: I just like to watch because I've not met many of the mums. But I sent a message in that group chat as my very first message, which was a message I was meant to send to you two for content for the radio show, all about a woman who farts too much and her husband is angry at her.
Speaker 1: Great content. We would have jumped at it.
Speaker 2: Right, and that was we did. We covered it all wednesday.
Speaker 1: It was so predictable.
Speaker 2: Anyway, It was very, very embarrassing, and I wanted to know what are the truly embarrassing things that you have done in the group text message chain that you have in your watschap.
Speaker 1: At thirteen six five, Josie's joining us. Hey Josie, what happened? What did you do?
Speaker 6: I was texting my boss in the morning to say that it was too unwell to come to work. But I was also texting my best ye at the same time, saying where can we meet? Can we go Chatston and go shopping or a movie and stuff? And I got and I got the two texts mixed up, and I text my boss saying, oh, I'm really sick, I'm not coming to work, and then the next IX said we'll go see Barby.
Speaker 2: What did your boss say?
Speaker 6: Then she texted me back and said, oh, you're well? Enough to go see a movie, even you can't come to work. And I said, no, no, no, no, I'm delirious. I've got a fever. I don't know what I'm saying. She didn't believe me. She didn't believe me at all. So I did actually go into work that day.
Speaker 7: Of course.
Speaker 3: Oh that's even more because then you're not sick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she had to face it.
Speaker 2: Did you fake it? Did you just go?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 6: I said I had a temperature and I had stomach cramps and you know womanly problems.
Speaker 4: You know, I would have believed it, all right, Sarah on thirteen when I six, what was your fail in the group chat?
Speaker 1: Sara, Bah, Hey you going well?
Speaker 8: Basically I was having a chiky conversation my boyfriend and the family group chat was going off on Snapchat and I may have accidentally sent a chiky photo in the family group chat on Snapchat with my grandparents and my combs.
Speaker 2: Yeah you did not Who saw it? Can you see who opened it?
Speaker 8: I opened it with thirty seconds?
Speaker 1: What was the photo? What was being photographed?
Speaker 3: Maybe a topless photo was face in it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you can't say I got hacked.
Speaker 1: I got hacked and it was it was chat GPT.
Speaker 2: It was someone with beautiful mobies.
Speaker 1: It's not me. What did your dad say, Sarah?
Speaker 8: He has not mentioned anything. I removed myself from the family group Chat. I freaked out. This was about five days ago and we have not.
Speaker 2: Seen Oh my god, Sarah, it's so recent. You're gonna have to face it at some point.
Speaker 1: And when you do, let.
Speaker 2: Us family dinner on Sunday night.
Speaker 4: I think that's God. Well, let's give you the five hundred bucks a chemist Warehouse. I think well earned, Sam.
Speaker 3: But I don't think I think you need to go and make a mens with your family.
Speaker 5: I don't think you have to pretend it never happened and never speak to them again and find a new family.
Speaker 2: Why don't you just go buy them all some nice perfume from Chemists Warehouse and say sorry.
Speaker 8: I think he's the only one that's seen it because I quickly deleted it after, but he definitely opened it. I'm going to see them on Sunday, so all.
Speaker 1: Right, that'll be a fun family catch out.
Speaker 5: It buys you a sweater enjoy than you enjoy the chemist ware House cash.
Speaker 1: All right, we're done.
Speaker 4: If you missed any of the show today, or this week you can podcast it on the iHeartRadio app just search the pickup.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we also have some tickets to the Life on Cut Life show to give away next week, so make sure go follow us at the Pickup on Instagram and also you can jump on the website to enter see guys hi